3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am guessing they must have closed off the Press venue so other people can't go take pictures, or no one from this forum has gone to the event at all.... your tryin tell me that Honda can keep it this much of a secret, there has to be some information out there that has been leaked!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:30 PM
TLove

Originally Posted by Acura98TL
I am guessing they must have closed off the Press venue so other people can't go take pictures, or no one from this forum has gone to the event at all....
well even if no one from acurazine went, i'm sure there would have been information on the internet somewhere. but seeing as how nothing has surfaced, i doubt any information has been released yet.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
If history is prolog, then the dealers will start ordering the 2007s around August 1-15th. They will start getting those cars the end of September or first of October. A dealer will have pricing information before he gets the car info.

The amount of secrecy is directly related to how many days supply of 2006s are sitting on the dealers' lots.

They want to sell as many of those as they can before the 2007s arrive as they will no longer be able to get the same money for them. Also, as soon as the 2007s are released for sale, a factory incentive kicks in for the dealers on the left-over 2006s.

Corporate does not want to shoot itself in the foot, financially speaking. And, with the great sales success of the TL, there's no reason they should.

Also, it was the automotive press that was at last weekends press conference. They have a 4-6 week lead time. They are writing their stories as we speak. They want to be the ones with a scoop on the new Acura so they can sell their magazines. I would watch their websites for the first red meat. www.autoweek.com is one example. Acura doesn't want to alienate them by releasing data to the public before they can.

It's all choreographed.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Advanced

Angry

Sales of '06 Acura TL are going to the shitter anyways.. take a look at the past 2 months' sales numbers. With the ES350 out.. I don't understand why Acura won't release any information. . its not like its a full model change or anything
Old 07-18-2006, 01:20 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by Xpditor
If history is prolog, then the dealers will start ordering the 2007s around August 1-15th. They will start getting those cars the end of September or first of October. A dealer will have pricing information before he gets the car info.

The amount of secrecy is directly related to how many days supply of 2006s are sitting on the dealers' lots.

They want to sell as many of those as they can before the 2007s arrive as they will no longer be able to get the same money for them. Also, as soon as the 2007s are released for sale, a factory incentive kicks in for the dealers on the left-over 2006s.

Corporate does not want to shoot itself in the foot, financially speaking. And, with the great sales success of the TL, there's no reason they should.

Also, it was the automotive press that was at last weekends press conference. They have a 4-6 week lead time. They are writing their stories as we speak. They want to be the ones with a scoop on the new Acura so they can sell their magazines. I would watch their websites for the first red meat. www.autoweek.com is one example. Acura doesn't want to alienate them by releasing data to the public before they can.

It's all choreographed.
I agree, nothing more I can say. The above statement said it all.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all choreographed.
Thank you!!

This thread has gotten out of hand with everyone complaining how Acura doesn't release info two years in advance. Like Acura has never been secretive?
Old 07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by acuraz88
Sales of '06 Acura TL are going to the shitter anyways.. take a look at the past 2 months' sales numbers. With the ES350 out.. I don't understand why Acura won't release any information. . its not like its a full model change or anything
Exactly, if it were a full model change I can see them keeping it a secret, but when you are making maybe about 5 or so changes, and that being MINOR changes, whats the point of keeping it a secret especially since sales for the '06s are crappy. Also, if they really want a lot of sales then why would you be the last one to introduce your 07 model, especiallly when most people will go out and get a Nissan or a Toyota 07 model.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:30 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Ummm, no...
This is an enthusiast community, and we make up a very very small percentage of actual TL sales. Sales numbers are in the shitter for most car manufacturers (hell, all of the retail industry for that matter) due to the stock market downturn in May, serious middle eastern unrest, and gas prcies that show no signs of coming down.

A deflating economy and escalating gas prices has most folks looking in thier checkbooks a little harder.

The rest of the country is NOT waiting for the news on the 2007 TL, and most certainly not due to the 2007 G35/ES350.

The fact that there's no serious information (i.e. hype to be generated) tells me the changes are very minor for 2007... and I still expect the TL-S to be way over priced. Someone a few pages back speculated $43K, I speculated $41.

I'll take my 2006 with self install A-Spec, pro-cats, CAI, and AV upgrades for $36K, and laying down the same power...

Old 07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Who started the rumor that 2006 sales were bad?

For June, they were less than last June, but April and May were records.

Check www.Hondanews.com
Old 07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

I'm one that couldn't wait any longer so I bought a 2007 RX 350 for $1800 below invoice.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:06 PM
I like to mod teh Bimmer

Originally Posted by Anansi
Hey Sweetride01. Did you already extend your lease with Honda? I just got out of a lease on our Odyssey, but I wasn't ready to buy the new car on the day the lease ran out. Honda offered an option to extend at the current lease payment for several months if needed. I would think that they would be glad to work this out with you so you can buy an '07.
Yea, we have extended it already, with a total of 48 months ending in September.
We may possibly extend it again, but we already need to replace the tires a 2nd time, so that's another cost to work in if we extend it further.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Instructor

2007 TL type S

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Ummm, no...
This is an enthusiast community, and we make up a very very small percentage of actual TL sales. Sales numbers are in the shitter for most car manufacturers (hell, all of the retail industry for that matter) due to the stock market downturn in May, serious middle eastern unrest, and gas prcies that show no signs of coming down.

A deflating economy and escalating gas prices has most folks looking in thier checkbooks a little harder.

The rest of the country is NOT waiting for the news on the 2007 TL, and most certainly not due to the 2007 G35/ES350.

The fact that there's no serious information (i.e. hype to be generated) tells me the changes are very minor for 2007... and I still expect the TL-S to be way over priced. Someone a few pages back speculated $43K, I speculated $41.

I'll take my 2006 with self install A-Spec, pro-cats, CAI, and AV upgrades for $36K, and laying down the same power...

I don't think the price for a 2007 Type S will be 43 or 41K, if they come out with a Type S it should be around 38K give or take $500.00, any higher and it will be a complete suicide for acura.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by sweetride01
Yea, we have extended it already, with a total of 48 months ending in September.
We may possibly extend it again, but we already need to replace the tires a 2nd time, so that's another cost to work in if we extend it further.
Sweet-

Why would you extend it at the same cost to you as your now ended monthyl lease payments?

Do you realize you are paying the same amount for your now 4 year old car, than when it was one day off the lot.

You should have- and the way I understand lease renewals, you probably still can go with a NEW TL- even if it is an 06.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Advanced

Who started the rumor that 2006 sales were bad?

For June, they were less than last June, but April and May were records.

Check www.Hondanews.com
I said that sales were going down for the past 2 months.. that includes June and May. Both May and June are down by significant pecentage. Take a look again...
Omg... haha. look at the sales for the NSX!
Sorry, but I am getting off topic here.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=564669
Old 07-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts

They want to sell as many of those as they can before the 2007s arrive as they will no longer be able to get the same money for them. Also, as soon as the 2007s are released for sale, a factory incentive kicks in for the dealers on the left-over 2006s......

It's all choreographed.
100% right, XP. Acura does things a lot like Apple, right down to the (eh?) nearly top-secret marketing. Secretive to the last. at this thread, even so.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Advanced

That was a dumb thing to say, way to check the facts before posting that one....

So the press can't leak the information and photos (if any) that they get at this conference??? I don't understand....
Old 07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SleekSilver
That was a dumb thing to say, way to check the facts before posting that one....

So the press can't leak the information and photos (if any) that they get at this conference??? I don't understand....
Uhhh.. did you check the facts?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Instructor

Just saw this at the Chinese website, unfortunately is down.
2007 Acura TL
* 3.2-liter, SOHC, VTEC V-6 engine
* 273 horsepower SAE net @ 6400 rpm
* 239 lbs-ft of torque SAE net @ 5100 rpm
* Intake side three-rocker VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control)
* 11.0:1 compression ratio
* High flow cold air induction system
* 2-stage tuned intake manifold
* High-flow exhaust system with closed-coupled and under-floor catalytic converters
* Drive-by-Wire Throttle System(TM)
* Computer-controlled Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
* Direct ignition system
* 100,000 miles or more tune-up intervals
Old 07-18-2006, 05:13 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Just some mild timing, intake and exhaust tuning... Most of us already have that with a CAI...

Originally Posted by AltecBX
2007 Acura TL
* 278 horsepower SAE net @ 6400 rpm
* 241 lbs-ft of torque SAE net @ 5100 rpm
* Intake side three-rocker VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control)
* High-flow exhaust system with closed-coupled and under-floor catalytic converters
* Direct ignition system
Old 07-18-2006, 05:27 PM
TLove

2007 Acura TL
* Direct ignition system

seems reasonable. nothing earth shaking but, considering that if htey passed 290hp they would hurt the RL, this makes sense.

now lets see pictures!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 PM
05 S2000, 07 SI

2007 Acura TL
* Direct ignition system
I wonder if the new minor cosmetic changes similar to the chinese version: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...2&page=9&pp=25

hmm...
Old 07-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Instructor

2007 Acura TL
* Direct ignition system
any info on exterior/interior changes? how about rearview camera, cooled seats, keyless entry/start, fog lights on bumpers, face-lift like the 2nd gen. received???
Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Slicker Than Your Average

I really think we'll be getting the 2007 Acura TL from China ( minus the lower brake lights ) here in the United States.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Senior Moderator

That Chinese info is not for the Type-S. It's for the base model.

May or may not be accurate for us.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

I said that sales were going down for the past 2 months.. that includes June and May. Both May and June are down by significant pecentage. Take a look again...
Omg... haha. look at the sales for the NSX!
Sorry, but I am getting off topic here.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=564669
Sales down 4.3% over last year for a best seller is not exactly in the shitter.

And they don't make the NSX any more which is probably why they're not selling that many.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

2007 Acura TL
* Direct ignition system
This is going to be the new numbers for the 07 TL for sure. 273hp and 239 lbs-ft torque is what we're going to get which is a pretty good gain. Anyone thinks the U.S 07 TL will get more?? I wouldnt count on it
Old 07-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Advanced

A friend of mine who is a really good mechanic, said I shouldn't buy a TL because they have transmission problems 3 to 5 years down the road. Has anyone else heard about the tranny being a problem with the TLs???
Old 07-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Senior Moderator

A friend of mine who is a really good mechanic, said I shouldn't buy a TL because they have transmission problems 3 to 5 years down the road. Has anyone else heard about the tranny being a problem with the TLs???
A few cars a while ago. They have changed the transmission and fixed the others, extending the warranty on them.

Go to the 3G Garage or do a search. There are many threads on this.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:38 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
max torque at 5100 RPM is a little disappointing. my last dyno showed that the type-S makes it's max torque around 2500. nice and low for getting out of the hole.

SSTS
Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Instructor

most of honda/acura's car don't have low torque compare to toyota/nissan.... besides the new RDX's 2.3 liter turbo.... it's got the most torque in acura family... enough higher than RL....
Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Instructor

most of honda/acura's car have low torque compare to toyota/nissan.... besides the new RDX's 2.3 liter turbo.... it's got the most torque in acura family... even higher than RL...
Old 07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
To refine XP's point: It was the 2G TL (1999-2003) that had the issue. Early 2004s up to VIN 14xxx had an issue with 2nd gear oil jet that was recalled. Later 2004s and later should be fine.

And this is OT anyway!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
I like to mod teh Bimmer

That Chinese info is not for the Type-S. It's for the base model.

May or may not be accurate for us.
I would bet that too... the base model 3.2 should also receive an increase in power... that way the base model is also faster and more appetizing, and the Type-S will be semi-insane.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Cheeeeeeckit?

is it just me or are we 3 days into a VERY quiet "media event?"
Old 07-19-2006, 03:53 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
It strikes me that if the 273hp rumor turns out to be true, it's going to be hard - if not almost impossible - to detect an increase of only 15hp and 6 ft.-lbs of torque, especially since it's moved up the rpm scale a little.

True, the rumors also point to some possible minor cosmetic changes to the interior, tail lights, bumper covers, etc., none of which can be called "significant". The keyless start is a possibility, but not a certainty, and in any case all of this together is probably not enough to make the average customer fork over an additional grand or more to get an '07.

Having said that, I think the remaining '06's are going to be screamin' deals. There are apparently a lot of them stacking up on dealer lots and they'll be working hard to move them when the '07's hit. I'm getting close to a purchase, and unless the '07's show me more than I've been able to gather here, one of those '06's may well end up in my garage .... at a substantial discount.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by brian92873
Yeah, makes you wonder if Acura had them sign an agreement not to divulge any info before the August "official" release date!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:19 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Having said that, I think the remaining '06's are going to be screamin' deals. There are apparently a lot of them stacking up on dealer lots and they'll be working hard to move them when the '07's hit. I'm getting close to a purchase, and unless the '07's show me more than I've been able to gather here, one of those '06's may well end up in my garage .... at a substantial discount.

That is most definately a true statement... and if/when the TL-S is released, and your having buyers remorse, you can take all that money you saved and insatll the upgrades to get you at the TL-S level plus some.

If I hadn't bought in April, I would wait 48 hours after the official 2007 press release and ask for about $2K under invoice for a 2006... Then I'd spend the savings on upgrades to get the HP up, and improve the A/V system.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Rexn me true

Originally Posted by brian92873
yeah, their definition of a media 'blitz' seems more like a prevent defense to me.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:48 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i just want new tails. hope they fit if they are the ones with the clear cover
Old 07-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Just found a couple tidbits. Only deals with safety, but there are 3 changes it seems.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/cars/3653.html

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/cars/3999.html

Biggest change on the page is the 2007 gets day time running lights. I HATE DTRL!!!!

Looks like there is anti-pinch on the power windows. Leads me to believe there are one touch auto up and down on all windows. ( Don't know if it's that way on the 2006.)

Integraded saftey belt? not sure what that is. 2007 doesn't have it.

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1