K-Tuner available for 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 02:45 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Funz51
so got the vehicle back today. They swapped in a new gauge cluster without issue. No questions about any burning. I burned to stage 2 as soon as I got home...lol
I just had my cluster done yesterday! Guess what? I flashed back to stage 2 on the dealer's lot hahah . Couldn't wait to get back on stage 2!

I feel comfort in stage 2 is way better than sport in stock.
The following users liked this post:
KSeriesTuner (04-15-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 03:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TiiTime
Spent half a day on and off going through this thread. So much informations, thanks for all the feedbacks and tips and advice.

now, the real question is, is the v2 worth the extra $200. For your average Joe who doesn’t care much about fine tuning and all the charts. Are the extra gains and a bit better response and the added screen where you don’t need to have a laptop to flash your car worth it.
Hi, I have a V2. The main reason I got the V2 is because I own a 10 year old Windows Laptop that I don't trust anymore if unplugged and it is more convenient because I can flash anytime by just carrying the V2, no laptops. Situations like the car dies on the road and I just can flash it back to stock before towing it to the dealership (I keep my tuner in my car).

The reason why you should get the v1.2 is because you might not need the standalone device. If you have a good laptop and don't care about having the device mounted on your dash (for shift lights and data logging), then v1.2 is fine and should work the same for the remap. That $200 is up to you to decide.

The gains and response you get is way better than stock, those you can achieve with either the v1.2 or v2. They use the same mapping.
-
Old 03-21-2020, 10:07 AM
Expanse me

Received 302 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginoj56
Hi, I have a V2. The main reason I got the V2 is because I own a 10 year old Windows Laptop that I don't trust anymore if unplugged and it is more convenient because I can flash anytime by just carrying the V2, no laptops. Situations like the car dies on the road and I just can flash it back to stock before towing it to the dealership (I keep my tuner in my car).

The reason why you should get the v1.2 is because you might not need the standalone device. If you have a good laptop and don't care about having the device mounted on your dash (for shift lights and data logging), then v1.2 is fine and should work the same for the remap. That $200 is up to you to decide.

The gains and response you get is way better than stock, those you can achieve with either the v1.2 or v2. They use the same mapping.
-
good point. On the flip side, you can keep an android tablet in your car and do the same thing with the v1.2. It talks to the OBD unit and burns to one of five different profiles. Uses Bluetooth to communicate, lots of info on this here on Acurazine.
but like you say, if you don’t trust your pc, then v2 is the way to go.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:43 AM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
I regret purchasing the v.2 unit when the 1.2 would have been fine for me and my driving. I am not an obsessive tuner, myself....just sayin’.....
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts
Graham Rahal Intercooler and Tune

Has anyone with a tune upgraded the intercooler? If so, is it worth the money? I know it will make the car run a little cooler, not sure if it’s worth the $699.00. Any input would be appreciated!
Old 03-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Advanced

I don't. I just brought it in for a A service and a trunk seal replacement. No questions. It would be prudent to flash it back before any maintenance where they would need to burn, like a TSB that requires it, or any engine issues. You can reset the maintenance minder from the infotainment console, so there would be no reason for them to hook up to the ECU. Besides, it takes time. Time they dont want to spend doing something they dont have to.
also, educate yourself about the details. google and read the 'Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975'.
Also, read your warranty very carefully, and google 'honda ktuner warranty' for issues and experiences. Civic forums have been discussing this issue for years.
IMHO

hi, how about B services? Is it ok to have the service without flashing to stock? I'm due for a B service soon.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:19 PM
Expanse me

hi, how about B services? Is it ok to have the service without flashing to stock? I'm due for a B service soon.
For starters, I insist that the oil filter gets changed on A.
To your answer, The B service just adds tire rotation and other peripheral inspections. No reason to hook up and look at ECU. Now if you complain about an engine problem, then they will look at the ECU codes. But the A and B services are just the run of the mill oil and tires and outside inspection.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:10 PM
Advanced

For starters, I insist that the oil filter gets changed on A.
To your answer, The B service just adds tire rotation and other peripheral inspections. No reason to hook up and look at ECU. Now if you complain about an engine problem, then they will look at the ECU codes. But the A and B services are just the run of the mill oil and tires and outside inspection.
Ok. Great. Thanks! I have to bring my car again for because the dealership might have forgotten to hook up something with the gauge cluster, the brightness buttons of the cluster don't work. Probably they missed a connector or plug
Old 03-25-2020, 09:16 PM
Expanse me

Ok. Great. Thanks! I have to bring my car again for because the dealership might have forgotten to hook up something with the gauge cluster, the brightness buttons of the cluster don't work. Probably they missed a connector or plug
For example, what you say here. Burn back to stock. They plug in and view data when they mess with the cluster. They may not if just a loose plug, but u never know.
BTW, I never have figured out that brightness button....
Old 03-25-2020, 09:35 PM
Advanced

For example, what you say here. Burn back to stock. They plug in and view data when they mess with the cluster. They may not if just a loose plug, but u never know.
BTW, I never have figured out that brightness button....
Yeah, I will burn back again. I'll schedule it when things get clearer. I have to do my B service at my old dealership for the free service that came with my car. So, I need to drive back to the new dealership for the gauge cluster. Thanks a lot!
Funz51 (03-26-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 05:29 AM
Racer

Hey everyone, a blessed COVID-19 Palm Sunday to you all. This is a weird time, I pray you all get some relief from driving your RDX. I know I do! So, Stage 2 is my normal, everything is great, no issues after the one Limp Mode way back when. How's your unit running for you? I would like some turbo noise, but am not sure about the filters as I used to be....I still need a 1.5" to 2" drop on my car. Any news about a suspension kit out there yet?
Old 04-06-2020, 09:29 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Padre Dave
Hey everyone, a blessed COVID-19 Palm Sunday to you all. This is a weird time, I pray you all get some relief from driving your RDX. I know I do! So, Stage 2 is my normal, everything is great, no issues after the one Limp Mode way back when. How's your unit running for you? I would like some turbo noise, but am not sure about the filters as I used to be....I still need a 1.5" to 2" drop on my car. Any news about a suspension kit out there yet?
Wishing all is well with you too despite the crisis we're having and a blessed palm Sunday to you too!

Still enjoying the stage 2 tune, no reason to get back to stock. I have a drop in K&N filter before the tune, and I promise my first run with sport plus after the filter was a noticeable difference and that I heard the BOV sound (it was faint but it was there). I heard it during hard acceleration and then shifting around 5-6k RPM. Funny cuz after my first run, I couldn't replicate the sound anymore, not even on Ktune (yet). Probably the ECU adjusted to the new filter and stepped down things.

When I get a chance I will try it with stage 2 again. Never really had the chance to play around since, hadn't gotten the chance to drive on roads that allow me to stop and hard accelerate anymore.

Btw, I don't have any news on the suspension kits and the like, I'm planning to leave the height stock.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:18 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Where online can I purchase the KTuner 1.2 version for my 2020 Advanced?
Old 04-21-2020, 02:31 PM
Racer

You can go online to locate a KTuner dealer in your area or an online place....I think it is PRL.com. That’s where I bought mine. Unless you are really proficient at tuning, get the Version 1. It works fine for downloading their tunes (Stage 1, 2 and stock). They are strictly Windows, but I run their program on my Intel Mac with as Windows 10 image. Their USB cables are junk. They are not use-friendly in their Help Section. They have one response: it is in the online manual. It is. As a Mac guy, it’s foreign to me but the manual is comprehensive. Once I paid attention to detail, it is really simple to install. It is a great improvement to the RDX, so I recommend going for it.
Funz51 (04-21-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 06:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SpaceBot
Where online can I purchase the KTuner 1.2 version for my 2020 Advanced?
Got mine from Amazon. Even if it doesn't say for RDX, it will work cuz the software connects to the internet and we are supported.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Racer

Got mine from Amazon. Even if it doesn't say for RDX, it will work cuz the software connects to the internet and we are supported.
​​​​​​Ah very cool, didn't know Amazon was an option. Is there a specific listing you can point me to? Just any of the KTuner 1.2 options will work?
Old 04-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Advanced

​​​​​​Ah very cool, didn't know Amazon was an option. Is there a specific listing you can point me to? Just any of the KTuner 1.2 options will work?
Ktuner V1.2 Flash OBD2 ECU Programmer for Honda Civic, Accord, CR-V, Acura, More
Amazon Amazon

I got the v2 but this should work. It is from the official Ktuner seller too.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:44 PM
Expanse me

Ktuner V1.2 Flash OBD2 ECU Programmer for Honda Civic, Accord, CR-V, Acura, More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078TM26SZ..._XD4NEbPN5WCVD

I got the v2 but this should work. It is from the official Ktuner seller too.
“the” ktuner? There is a list of sellers on the ktuner site, just go there and pick one. I used prl.com like padre dave. They are well known.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:52 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts
“the” ktuner? There is a list of sellers on the ktuner site, just go there and pick one. I used prl.com like padre dave. They are well known.
Same here, used PRL Motorsports.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:21 PM
Advanced

I don't know if it is official, at least I know it's brandnew, on Prime, and I get points too
The following 2 users liked this post by Ginoj56:
Funz51 (04-22-2020), Padre Dave (04-29-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 06:54 PM
Racer

- Will there ever be a stage 3? What would that be like do you think?
- Does adding stuff like an aftermarket intercooler for the turbo, make Stage 2 even better?

learning about this stuff.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:08 PM
Expanse me

- Will there ever be a stage 3? What would that be like do you think?
- Does adding stuff like an aftermarket intercooler for the turbo, make Stage 2 even better?

learning about this stuff.
maybe more stages. They keep adding tweaking to other vehicles, so maybe. Probably just refine stage two.
from what I read, the aftermarket inter cooler will give a modest boost of hp at best, and will need ecu tweaking to bump the hp much more. It’s strength is that you stop heat soak and you keep temps down, that stops knock, that maintains peak hp and helps engine longevity.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
The latest version posted has some additional quick adjustments for this platform! It'll prompt for an update this weekend if you don't grab it sooner.
SpaceBot (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 12:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
The latest version posted has some additional quick adjustments for this platform! It'll prompt for an update this weekend if you don't grab it sooner.
Awesome! I'm really considering making the upgrade to KTuner on my Advanced very soon.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:49 AM
Advanced

Where do you check updates for it?
Old 05-02-2020, 01:15 AM
Racer

Also, is there a change log or lost of these quick adjustments?
Old 05-02-2020, 07:16 AM
Expanse me

not sure where you are getting your info from. ktune about site and app shows 1.0.9.6. that has been this version for a while.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:17 AM
Expanse me

go to the ktune wbesite>help>version
Old 05-02-2020, 09:02 AM
Advanced

go to the ktune wbesite>help>version
That's where I'm looking but the optional update doesn't say anything about the RDX, just the Accord. Will recheck today if it is indeed coming out.

How do these updates work? Update the Ktuner Windows software or is it the Ktuner device firmware? And then it will download the updated tune?
Old 05-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Expanse me

That's where I'm looking but the optional update doesn't say anything about the RDX, just the Accord. Will recheck today if it is indeed coming out.

How do these updates work? Update the Ktuner Windows software or is it the Ktuner device firmware? And then it will download the updated tune?
the tunes are all in the software on your laptop. The windows software is replaced with the new version, then the tune(s) you choose get loaded into the BT device you plug in, or get loaded directly into the ECU from the laptop thru the BT plug, to your ECU. So when you see a new version come out (just have a browser tab open all the time with the ktune help page on it, or a bookmark) refesh every couple days, then when u see a new one, open the ktune software on your laptop, it will detect that it is an old version and prompt you to download the latest version. if you see a new version for the RDX, then burn again. I just burn a stage 2 at every new version, whether they say a change has occurred or not. Core communication code to the ECU could have changed, etc, so I think always good thing to do. clear as mud?
Old 05-02-2020, 10:24 AM
Advanced

the tunes are all in the software on your laptop. The windows software is replaced with the new version, then the tune(s) you choose get loaded into the BT device you plug in, or get loaded directly into the ECU from the laptop thru the BT plug, to your ECU. So when you see a new version come out (just have a browser tab open all the time with the ktune help page on it, or a bookmark) refesh every couple days, then when u see a new one, open the ktune software on your laptop, it will detect that it is an old version and prompt you to download the latest version. if you see a new version for the RDX, then burn again. I just burn a stage 2 at every new version, whether they say a change has occurred or not. Core communication code to the ECU could have changed, etc, so I think always good thing to do. clear as mud?
Clear as mud! (If mud is clear) haha. Thanks! Will try it today. So no harm in buring again a new stage 2 over an old stage 2 right? No need to flash back first before burning the new stage 2?
Old 05-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Expanse me

Clear as mud! (If mud is clear) haha. Thanks! Will try it today. So no harm in buring again a new stage 2 over an old stage 2 right? No need to flash back first before burning the new stage 2?
oh no.. burn anything anytime.
no need to burn unless a new version comes out or you want a different tune stock or whatever.

Last edited by Funz51; 05-02-2020 at 11:24 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Funz51:
Ginoj56 (05-02-2020), SpaceBot (05-02-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 06:54 PM
Expanse me

confirmed.. 1.0.9.7 is out.
SpaceBot (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 07:52 PM
Racer

confirmed.. 1.0.9.7 is out.
What does this new version bring?
Old 05-04-2020, 08:50 PM
Expanse me

What does this new version bring?
the biggest items I saw was the fact you can quickly set the throttle responsiveness, the Boost target ramp rate, and the turbo responsiveness.
read here.
Quick Adjustments
SpaceBot (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 08:51 PM
Racer

the biggest items I saw was the fact you can quickly set the throttle responsiveness, the Boost target ramp rate, and the turbo responsiveness.
read here.
Quick Adjustments
Wow, pretty amazing to see how we can just configure like this. Anyone try these settings out yet, please do post about it.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:36 PM
Advanced

read here.
Quick Adjustments

So after we update the Windows software, we can adjust these parameters with a tune (Stage 2 for example) and upload it to our Ktuner device (if V2) right? So it's like making another tune then? A customized stage 2 perhaps?

Do you think it's safe to fiddle with the turbos? I think it's gonna shorten its life. Throttle responsiveness seems safe to play with
Old 05-05-2020, 08:14 AM
Expanse me

So after we update the Windows software, we can adjust these parameters with a tune (Stage 2 for example) and upload it to our Ktuner device (if V2) right? So it's like making another tune then? A customized stage 2 perhaps?

Do you think it's safe to fiddle with the turbos? I think it's gonna shorten its life. Throttle responsiveness seems safe to play with
I don't see an issue with fiddling. It might be annoying if its over responsive. I might go ahead and tick all three up a couple notches each and see how it feels. You can always do the methodical route and change one at a time, max it out, and see how it feels. We may just be able to get it more responsive, like Sport+ when you give it the gas on the other two modes. Thats that target spool. Look up the terms and learn. Hondata site has good tuning info also.
I believe all you do it fiddle, save as a tune, then burn and recall it when you want. I still have to do this myself since I have just been on the basic Stage 2. I will let you know what I find of course. I have a V1.2 .

Last edited by Funz51; 05-05-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:18 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts
I just flashed to the new 1.0.9.7 update. I maxed out the Quick Adjustment for Throttle & Turbo Response and Turbo Ramping. I did a quick 10 minute drive. It seems to be an improvement over the previous Stage 2 tune. It seems to improve responsiveness through the RPM range and the turbo lag seems to be gone. I previously felt lag in the old Stage 2 I ran. Not sure if this is accurate, but the transmission seems to shift quicker in Sport and Sport+. Someone please confirm. Overall, great upgrade! Thanks K-Tuner.
Frecks82 (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Advanced

I don't see an issue with fiddling. It might be annoying if its over responsive. I might go ahead and tick all three up a couple notches each and see how it feels. You can always do the methodical route and change one at a time, max it out, and see how it feels. We may just be able to get it more responsive, like Sport+ when you give it the gas on the other two modes. Thats that target spool. Look up the terms and learn. Hondata site has good tuning info also.
I believe all you do it fiddle, save as a tune, then burn and recall it when you want. I still have to do this myself since I have just been on the basic Stage 2. I will let you know what I find of course. I have a V1.2 .

Thanks!!! Will try this on Friday. I'll max out everything and see if I like it that way.

Quick Reply: K-Tuner available for 2019 RDX