K-Tuner available for 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 07:50 AM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Funz51
Make sure you read this whole thread from the start. Many questions are answered.
I agree. One of the challenges of these forums is that the same conversation often recurs multiple time with much confusion. It is very helpful for everyone who contributes to these boards that our experience, impressions, and research be read before asking the same question that we tried to answer earlier in the thread. Everyone here seems to be very patient and willing to go above and beyond for any other poster including representing our earlier posts privately if that helps you. Feel free to PM us too.

Thanks for asking your question. If you can’t find the specific answer to your question, ask it again and I will try to answer your query with joy and thanksgiving!
The following 3 users liked this post by Padre Dave:
Funz51 (02-18-2020), navigator (03-02-2021), SpaceBot (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 12:57 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Padre Dave
I agree. One of the challenges of these forums is that the same conversation often recurs multiple time with much confusion. It is very helpful for everyone who contributes to these boards that our experience, impressions, and research be read before asking the same question that we tried to answer earlier in the thread. Everyone here seems to be very patient and willing to go above and beyond for any other poster including representing our earlier posts privately if that helps you. Feel free to PM us too.

Thanks for asking your question. If you can’t find the specific answer to your question, ask it again and I will try to answer your query with joy and thanksgiving!
I will search this thread! Just discovered how to, thanks!
Old 02-18-2020, 09:46 PM
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
If anyone is interested, I am selling my Ktuner Flash v1.2. Although I love the mid-range power increase (very significant), I realized I don't even drive fast anymore lol. I was so curious so I took the dive. Anyway, the Ktuner is unlocked and ready to go for the next user. PM me if you are interested. I am willing to sell it for $400. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Duna
If anyone is interested, I am selling my Ktuner Flash v1.2. Although I love the mid-range power increase (very significant), I realized I don't even drive fast anymore lol. I was so curious so I took the dive. Anyway, the Ktuner is unlocked and ready to go for the next user. PM me if you are interested. I am willing to sell it for $400. Thank you.
Any significant findings on knock control on stock tune Vs bring tuned stage 2? Is it safe?
Old 02-19-2020, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Absolutely. I was at .28-.46 on the knock control on stage 2. On stock tune, it was from .20 - .42. It is very safe but the torque increase is very significant. Knock count is nearly nothing; I would get something like 1 or 2 (which doesn't mean anything). I purchased the ktuner viewer for android and it was nice to get a live readout from the Ktuner dongle.

Actually, the read out never passed .48 and even at WOT. It stayed in .26 to .32 most of the time through 2K rpm to 4k rpm. No worries about unnecessary wear and tear.

Last edited by Duna; 02-19-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:52 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Hi all - I searched through this thread for some answers, but I still have some questions:

- Are you able to flash back to stock/factory settings?
- I watched some KTuner videos regarding the software, when you go to flash the ECU, you lock the software/KTuner device to the RDX and then select from a drop down menu what Stage you want to flash? That simple?
- I could find any information regarding warranty....does Acura still cover if you use this tune?
Old 02-19-2020, 01:10 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts
Responses below:

Originally Posted by SpaceBot
Hi all - I searched through this thread for some answers, but I still have some questions:

- Are you able to flash back to stock/factory settings? Yes
- I watched some KTuner videos regarding the software, when you go to flash the ECU, you lock the software/KTuner device to the RDX and then select from a drop down menu what Stage you want to flash? That simple? Yes
- I could find any information regarding warranty....does Acura still cover if you use this tune? I'll leave this answer for more informed individuals
The following users liked this post:
SpaceBot (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 04:15 PM
Expanse me

Received 302 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by markm929
Responses below:
1- you can easily flash back to factory just as easy as any stage burn.
2- yes, it is that simple. just follow the steps on the 'ktune site' and the videos on the ktune site and on the utube. Some videos do not show the registration because you do that once.. you first go to the internet and a) download the ktune software, b) register your unit to your RDX, being plugged into the car it knows what profiles to download c) and then you choose a profile and burn. I conversed with ktuner when I got mine: here is an excerpt:

ME: My question is this... if I buy your KTune for my 2019 RDX, and there are ECU updates from Acura, will your tune include those updates?

KT: Once we get them we do include them generally unless other modules are also part of the update. Regards, KTuner Support KTuner, LLC *

ME: Thanks for getting back to me fast! Question is, if an ECU fix comes out, I guess I would just burn my original OEM profile back to the car, take it to the dealer

KT: We include any fix updates into our tunes once they’re available. KTuner LLC

ME: ok, great, then would I be able to obtain those new tunes?

KT: They’re built into the software.

... My findings are that as long as you have the latest ktune software, and burn the latest burn (factory or stage), you have the latest ecu changes from Acura. I determined this was true for me.
....So even though he/she had a little trouble answering my questions, it appears like the tunes are included in the software when you register your vehicle, or when you download a new version, which I keep track of (they just put a new one out today- 1.0.9.6). You dont download the tune data when you burn, therefore, you dont need a internet connection to burn. (disclaimer, i have not tried this but that is what I gather from the above conversation.)

as for the warranty- the warranty book says it is not liable for damage caused by you installing software. Look online in your owners area. ie: if the tranny breaks, is it ACURA or your burn (or burnouts!) that caused it? I don't have a straight answer. This is also discussed on the Civic forums, which is a terrific place to look for a whole bunch of stuff like this because they have been burning there ecu's for a while and have good conversation. that is where i found the following:

Also read -which says you can modify what you want on the vehicle since it is yours. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975
It differs from state to state I think.

any more inputs out there?

Last edited by Funz51; 02-19-2020 at 04:20 PM.
markm929 (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 05:01 PM
Expanse me

1- you can easily flash back to factory just as easy as any stage burn.
2- yes, it is that simple. just follow the steps on the 'ktune site' and the videos on the ktune site and on the utube. Some videos do not show the registration because you do that once.. you first go to the internet and a) download the ktune software, b) register your unit to your RDX, being plugged into the car it knows what profiles to download c) and then you choose a profile and burn. I conversed with ktuner when I got mine: here is an excerpt:

ME: My question is this... if I buy your KTune for my 2019 RDX, and there are ECU updates from Acura, will your tune include those updates?

KT: Once we get them we do include them generally unless other modules are also part of the update. Regards, KTuner Support KTuner, LLC *

ME: Thanks for getting back to me fast! Question is, if an ECU fix comes out, I guess I would just burn my original OEM profile back to the car, take it to the dealer

KT: We include any fix updates into our tunes once they’re available. KTuner LLC

ME: ok, great, then would I be able to obtain those new tunes?

KT: They’re built into the software.

... My findings are that as long as you have the latest ktune software, and burn the latest burn (factory or stage), you have the latest ecu changes from Acura. I determined this was true for me.
....So even though he/she had a little trouble answering my questions, it appears like the tunes are included in the software when you register your vehicle, or when you download a new version, which I keep track of (they just put a new one out today- 1.0.9.6). You dont download the tune data when you burn, therefore, you dont need a internet connection to burn. (disclaimer, i have not tried this but that is what I gather from the above conversation.)

as for the warranty- the warranty book says it is not liable for damage caused by you installing software. Look online in your owners area. ie: if the tranny breaks, is it ACURA or your burn (or burnouts!) that caused it? I don't have a straight answer. This is also discussed on the Civic forums, which is a terrific place to look for a whole bunch of stuff like this because they have been burning there ecu's for a while and have good conversation. that is where i found the following:

Also read -which says you can modify what you want on the vehicle since it is yours. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975
It differs from state to state I think.

any more inputs out there?
see here for the civics- https://dsportmag.com/the-tech/test-...type-r-part-1/

Old 02-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Expanse me

Here is the warranty for your reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ztpny7sb6...07532.pdf?dl=0

i will keep it Available for a while.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:32 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Dealers use any excuse to nullify a warranty, and a power increase via firmware reflash would be a gimme for sure, especially if the warranty failure was powertrain related. That said, I consider it the price of doing business, so I don't care...I want all that torque!!
markm929 (02-19-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Expanse me

clear out those errors

I just burned stage 2 again today with the lastest version, and decided to poke around the debugging screens (3 finger access). I hit the top box, and saw 'error codes' as red in the schematic. So I went in and looked at the hardware error codes. I then saw probably 2 dozen errors with a timestamp just 20 minutes ago. They were all the recorded indicators that are part of the burning process. If a dealer wanted to see what was going on, and looked there, they would see all sorts of stuff with errors, which would be suspicious of burning I would think. So I cleared them. I still continue to see a RTC(?) and amplifier hard error though, don't know why, maybe I have an issue there. Can anyone else check those error codes?
Thx
The following 2 users liked this post by Funz51:
markm929 (02-22-2020), SpaceBot (02-23-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 07:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
I just burned stage 2 again today with the lastest version, and decided to poke around the debugging screens (3 finger access). I hit the top box, and saw 'error codes' as red in the schematic. So I went in and looked at the hardware error codes. I then saw probably 2 dozen errors with a timestamp just 20 minutes ago. They were all the recorded indicators that are part of the burning process. If a dealer wanted to see what was going on, and looked there, they would see all sorts of stuff with errors, which would be suspicious of burning I would think. So I cleared them. I still continue to see a RTC(?) and amplifier hard error though, don't know why, maybe I have an issue there. Can anyone else check those error codes?
Thx
Good catch...will clear those. Have you noticed any differences with latest version?
Old 02-23-2020, 08:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Thx
Are the errors you cleared coming from the many flashing system warning messages in the meter during reflash? On FlashPro, the last time I flashed the ECU I saw at least three warnings from various components in the meter.

The RTC (real-time-clock) and amp errors are from the infotainment system itself. Keep an eye on the frequency of those errors, but as long as the infotainment works normally, should not be a big concern.
Funz51 (02-24-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
I show errors as well for the amp and few others and I don't have a tuner. As soon as I clear them the same errors come right back. I wish could tell us what the codes mean? Maybe that could explain the funky USB?
Old 02-23-2020, 11:45 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by Oil Stain
I show errors as well for the amp and few others and I don't have a tuner. As soon as I clear them the same errors come right back. I wish could tell us what the codes mean? Maybe that could explain the funky USB?
mmmm
just for the record after clearing old out errors
and restarting car.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:02 PM
Expanse me

here is another url i came across to help debug.
https://honda.oemdtc.com/697/audio-s...2019-acura-rdx

this may already be listed under the TB section.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:13 AM
Instructor

mmmm
just for the record after clearing old out errors
and restarting car.

I show the same thing.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:15 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by BoBoish
Good catch...will clear those. Have you noticed any differences with latest version?
I just took it out today for two short trips of 10 min each. I noticed a difference in the throttle for both comfort and sport. Before it was a little slow shifting down when slowly accelerating, not a big deal at all. I kinda liked it. Now it is more linear. Consistent in both modes mentioned. No delay at all, just a thrill to drive .. responsive, it just asks for more. I still want to take it out more and play, but cannot at the moment. Now, there is a disclaimer. Yesterday I did do A throttle adjustment as mentioned in another post. That may have something to do with it.
it is where you put the car in accessory mode, hold the throttle down all the way for 20 seconds, then turn the car off and let the throttle up. Then just start the car normally.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cam you point us to the post that talked about throttle adjustment?
Old 02-24-2020, 11:53 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by 2019MSM
Cam you point us to the post that talked about throttle adjustment?
quoted-
1. Depress the throttle pedal all the way in, when ignition/accessory are off. Then, turn on the car to ignition mode.
2. Keep WOT until the check engine light disappears. It took about 15-20 seconds.
3. Power down the car to off state.
4. Press brake pedal and start the car normally by pressing the engine-on button.
5. Procedure is completed, though exactly what it resets I am not too sure......And the procedure magically resolved the shift shock issue. The powertrain felt smooth as it should be. The change is similar to what I felt when I went from out-of-factory stock to EBB SW updated stock. So I assume there is something finicky about the electronics on this car.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-...a-tune-983994/

Last edited by Funz51; 02-24-2020 at 11:56 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Funz51:
2019MSM (02-24-2020), Oil Stain (02-24-2020), SpaceBot (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 04:19 PM
Intermediate

Looks like the latest version of Ktuner 1.0.9.6 doesn't change anything for the 2019/20 RDX other then add new ECU numbers.

Version 1.0.9.6
V2 Firmware Update 1.0.16 - Optional. Choose Update Firmware From The V2 Special Commands Menu In The Tuning Menu.
  • Adds Check Engine Light To The Top Left
  • CAN Gateway Option Added To Main Menu For Vehicles With Sensing And CAN Gateway
  • Swap Package Ready
  • Fix Issue With Occasional Text Artifacting
    Civic 1.5T
    Initial Support Added For
  • 5AA-X7x
  • 5AN-K8x
  • 5AW-G0x
  • 5AW-G9x
    Full Support Added For
  • 5AA-L8x
    Civic Type-R
  • New Stage 1.1 Tune
  • New Multi-Level Tune For PRL Bolt-ons. Intake, DP, FP, IC
    Civic 2.0 NA
  • 5BA-K0x
  • 5BA-K5x
    CRV 1.5T
  • 5PA-77x
  • 5PA-75x
  • 5PA-66x
  • 5PA-K5x
  • 5PA-K6x
  • 5ST-G1x
    Accord 1.5T
  • 6A0-Y7x
  • 6A1-B6x
  • 6A1-B8x
    Accord 2.0T
  • TSB For Cruise Control Turning Off With Dash Error Has Been Incorporated In The Tunes
  • New Throttle Quick Adjustments For MT That Help The Off/On Throttle Transition Hesitation There From The Factory
  • New Improved Throttle Level III Quick Adjustment For MT
    Full Support Added For
  • 6B2-A2x
  • 6B2-A7x
    RDX 2.0T
  • 5YF-K6x
    Pilot 09-15 Support Added
  • RN0-A0x
  • RN0-A5x
  • RN0-A6x
  • RN0-A7x
  • RN0-A9x
  • RN0-C0x
  • RN0-C9x
  • RN0-M0x
  • RN0-M1x
  • RN0-M8x
  • RN0-M9x
    Odyssey 07-17 Support Added
  • RGL-A0x
  • RGL-A8x
  • RGL-A9x
  • RV0-A0x
  • RV0-A5x
  • RV0-A6x
Old 02-24-2020, 06:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Funz51, did you do the reset procedure after or before the reflash? I did it when I was in Stage 1 (FlashPro, for those that don't know my history), then moved to Stage 2. I cannot tell if the transmission behaves the same since Stage 2 throttle response is pretty different from Stage 1, but at least I do not feel any big difference pre and post Stage 2.

In general, I am puzzled by the electronics of the powertrain of my car. Below is purely my guess - there is something funky on the CAN bus, that I feel some components would fall back into some sort of safe mode. For example, there is no way the steering feedback should change using the same ECU calibration. But I have experienced the change twice, from HDS (despite a different calibration ID, but now I can say it was not the source of steering feedback change), and from FlashPro.

Last edited by sonyfever; 02-24-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:58 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by sonyfever
Funz51, did you do the reset procedure after or before the reflash? I did it when I was in Stage 1 (FlashPro, for those that don't know my history), then moved to Stage 2. I cannot tell if the transmission behaves the same since Stage 2 throttle response is pretty different from Stage 1, but at least I do not feel any big difference pre and post Stage 2.

In general, I am puzzled by the electronics of the powertrain of my car. Below is purely my guess - there is something funky on the CAN bus, that I feel some components would fall back into some sort of safe mode. For example, there is no way the steering feedback should change using the same ECU calibration. But I have experienced the change twice, from HDS (despite a different calibration ID, but now I can say it was not the source of steering feedback change), and from FlashPro.
i burned, then set the throttle. Probably should of been the other way around, but I am not complaining...
you never know when she’ll decide to switch back to the dark side tho..

Last edited by Funz51; 02-24-2020 at 07:01 PM.
sonyfever (02-24-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 09:26 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by markm929
Flashed Stage 2 this morning. Haven't really pushed her limits since. However, definitely feel a difference, more confidence, launching up on ramps onto the highway. Hope to get more spirited driving in this weekend. One thing I definitely have noticed, is things feel smoother progressing through the gears on acceleration. maybe that is just me and not the tune. Bottom line, easy to flash the ECU, and so far fun to drive.
Hi, I'm planning on the KTuner but will stay mostly in Sport mode, do you feel a difference in acceleration at all if just in this mode? What bothers me is stop and go traffic in the city, and the stock sport mode has this "hesitation" during stop and go's. How are they now?
Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Padre Dave
Too much power? Is there such a thing? I think I know what you are asking and no, while there is a noticeable increase at all RPM, when the turbo kicks in is when you feel ill. I used to drive a Hemi LX wagon, and have not owned anything quite as quick as that. This car is so balanced that the extra power feels like it should be there.

I am trying to figure out if I can have Sport + as my default mode. I like the responsiveness of the different shift points, and try to remember to change into it when I shift from reverse out of the garage. Anyone know if I can set that default? I am being lazy here, I could look it up......
Too much power that it may ruin the tranny or at least shorten the life of the engine perhaps? Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply, I thought my reply was sent that time, guess not.

How does it feel if you stay with sport mode only vs stock sport mode? Planning to stay in sport (too lazy to turn the dial everytime plus I don't need to hold the revs high) and the hesitations in stop and go's in the city is really bothering me. I feel that surge when I suddenly put my foot down before the car starts moving. This is irritating.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:33 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by Ginoj56
Too much power that it may ruin the tranny or at least shorten the life of the engine perhaps? Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply, I thought my reply was sent that time, guess not.

How does it feel if you stay with sport mode only vs stock sport mode? Planning to stay in sport (too lazy to turn the dial everytime plus I don't need to hold the revs high) and the hesitations in stop and go's in the city is really bothering me. I feel that surge when I suddenly put my foot down before the car starts moving. This is irritating.
I am not worried about the tranny/ engine they are both over built.
Ginoj56 (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 10:13 AM
Expanse me

Hi, I'm planning on the KTuner but will stay mostly in Sport mode, do you feel a difference in acceleration at all if just in this mode? What bothers me is stop and go traffic in the city, and the stock sport mode has this "hesitation" during stop and go's. How are they now?
Gino, Sport mode is an improvement for sure on stop and go. If you feel that initial delay still, try that throttle reset procedure. Who knows if it does anything but worth a try.
You may want to try that throttle alignment now, before the ktune. See if it helps.
for the record, i feel no hesitation now. that is today and yesterday. If that changes, I will be honest and report back !
Ginoj56 (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Gino, Sport mode is an improvement for sure on stop and go. If you feel that initial delay still, try that throttle reset procedure. Who knows if it does anything but worth a try.
You may want to try that throttle alignment now, before the ktune. See if it helps.
for the record, i feel no hesitation now. that is today and yesterday. If that changes, I will be honest and report back !
Thanks. Sorry, but what is the throttle reset procedure and throttle alignment? I'm lost
Old 02-25-2020, 01:22 PM
Expanse me

Thanks. Sorry, but what is the throttle reset procedure and throttle alignment? I'm lost
my post, yesterday 12:53.
sorry, I was referencing the same thing, throttle reset procedure.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:22 PM
Instructor

Okay, I did the throttle reset procedure, (note, I do not have a tuner installed, still factory). In Sport mode, the initial tip in from a standing start is way better than before. Before it felt like a flat spot in the pedal and then bam here she goes. Shifting to the first 3 gears in auto mode, is smooth and linear. It was kind of jerky before. That's why I would use Comfort mode because it would give a smoother response.

Sport+ is way better too. Before the reset, the trans would never stay in first gear, it would quickly shift to second before 2500 RPM's. Now it stays in first almost to the redline. Very impressed by this simple reset. Let's see how long it lasts.

I still would like to know along with the rest of you what the reset is actually doing or did.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:40 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by Oil Stain
Okay, I did the throttle reset procedure, (note, I do not have a tuner installed, still factory). In Sport mode, the initial tip in from a standing start is way better than before. Before it felt like a flat spot in the pedal and then bam here she goes. Shifting to the first 3 gears in auto mode, is smooth and linear. It was kind of jerky before. That's why I would use Comfort mode because it would give a smoother response.

Sport+ is way better too. Before the reset, the trans would never stay in first gear, it would quickly shift to second before 2500 RPM's. Now it stays in first almost to the redline. Very impressed by this simple reset. Let's see how long it lasts.

I still would like to know along with the rest of you what the reset is actually doing or did.
i asked that question on a hondata thread. The thread is informative.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-.../#post16542564

Oil Stain (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 02:31 AM
Advanced

my post, yesterday 12:53.
sorry, I was referencing the same thing, throttle reset procedure.
Thanks! I did it tonight but too early to tell if it did improve at all cuz I just drove 2 miles. We'll see to . Thanks for this great tip!

If it doesn't bother me that much anymore, I might hold off the Ktuner for now.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:12 AM
Advanced

i asked that question on a hondata thread. The thread is informative.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-.../#post16542564
I'm not sure if the throttle reset helped, probably a small amount but at least. I sometimes feel the sport mode is a little underwhelming even at WOT and I also find the Sport+ a little too much. Haha... Maybe I want the responsiveness of the Plus but want it to shift gears earlier than it should. I know I can paddle shift it but I want to keep it on AT. If you know what I mean, do you think the Ktuner Stage 2 will give me what I want on Sport mode only?

If I do a Stage 2 on the Ktuner, is it necessary to have the brakes upgraded?
Old 02-27-2020, 10:20 AM
Expanse me

I'm not sure if the throttle reset helped, probably a small amount but at least. I sometimes feel the sport mode is a little underwhelming even at WOT and I also find the Sport+ a little too much. Haha... Maybe I want the responsiveness of the Plus but want it to shift gears earlier than it should. I know I can paddle shift it but I want to keep it on AT. If you know what I mean, do you think the Ktuner Stage 2 will give me what I want on Sport mode only?

If I do a Stage 2 on the Ktuner, is it necessary to have the brakes upgraded?
My opinion...
I had noticed the same with the stock Sport, so you are not alone in the observation. Ktuner Stage 2, for me, fixed that issue. I now use comfort more now even b/c it now delivers the boost I want with a good foot tap. Stock comfort was a struggle to be satisfactory. Sport is now much more responsive without the higher revs associated with Sport+. I spend most of my time there. After my first burn, I felt the brake upgade. The update came with the A88 base code ktuner started with I guess.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Advanced

My opinion...
I had noticed the same with the stock Sport, so you are not alone in the observation. Ktuner Stage 2, for me, fixed that issue. I now use comfort more now even b/c it now delivers the boost I want with a good foot tap. Stock comfort was a struggle to be satisfactory. Sport is now much more responsive without the higher revs associated with Sport+. I spend most of my time there. After my first burn, I felt the brake upgade. The update came with the A88 base code ktuner started with I guess.
Thanks a lot, everytime I read your opinion, I get closer to getting myself a Ktuner. Comfort is really sluggish, and finally, I might get what I want with the Ktuner.

A few more questions:
1. What I meant was, do we need to have our brakes upgraded for these additional horses?
2. Do Tunes (Stage 1 and 2) get updates from time to time? Meaning you have to burn again when a new update is released?
Old 02-27-2020, 10:27 AM
Expanse me

Here is an example of what we are talking about wrt the 'throttle reset procedure' (actually a ECU reset.)
https://www.youcanic.com/wiki/reset-...u-transmission

many RDX drivers got results.
Ginoj56 (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 10:32 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by sonyfever

Hey thanks for feedback.
Could you elaborate on the steering feedback? What changes have you experienced with that?
Old 02-27-2020, 11:18 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by 2019MSM
Looks like the latest version of Ktuner 1.0.9.6 doesn't change anything for the 2019/20 RDX other then add new ECU numbers.

Version 1.0.9.6
V2 Firmware Update 1.0.16 - Optional. Choose Update Firmware From The V2 Special Commands Menu In The Tuning Menu.
  • Adds Check Engine Light To The Top Left
  • CAN Gateway Option Added To Main Menu For Vehicles With Sensing And CAN Gateway
  • Swap Package Ready
  • Fix Issue With Occasional Text Artifacting
    Civic 1.5T
  • 5AA-X7x
  • 5AN-K8x
  • 5AW-G0x
  • 5AW-G9x
    Full Support Added For
  • 5AA-L8x
    Civic Type-R
  • New Stage 1.1 Tune
  • New Multi-Level Tune For PRL Bolt-ons. Intake, DP, FP, IC
    Civic 2.0 NA
  • 5BA-K0x
  • 5BA-K5x
    CRV 1.5T
  • 5PA-77x
  • 5PA-75x
  • 5PA-66x
  • 5PA-K5x
  • 5PA-K6x
  • 5ST-G1x
    Accord 1.5T
  • 6A0-Y7x
  • 6A1-B6x
  • 6A1-B8x
    Accord 2.0T
  • TSB For Cruise Control Turning Off With Dash Error Has Been Incorporated In The Tunes
  • New Throttle Quick Adjustments For MT That Help The Off/On Throttle Transition Hesitation There From The Factory
  • New Improved Throttle Level III Quick Adjustment For MT
    Full Support Added For
  • 6B2-A2x
  • 6B2-A7x
    RDX 2.0T
  • 5YF-K6x
    Pilot 09-15 Support Added
  • RN0-A0x
  • RN0-A5x
  • RN0-A6x
  • RN0-A7x
  • RN0-A9x
  • RN0-C0x
  • RN0-C9x
  • RN0-M0x
  • RN0-M1x
  • RN0-M8x
  • RN0-M9x
    Odyssey 07-17 Support Added
  • RGL-A0x
  • RGL-A8x
  • RGL-A9x
  • RV0-A0x
  • RV0-A5x
  • RV0-A6x
yes, but there is a firmware update for V1.2.
Also, one never knows what they include in the compile (maybe updated base OEM, don't know)
  • Version 1.0.9.5
    V1.2 Firmware Update
  • Add Support For CAN Gateway Vehicles
    Civic 1.5T
  • 5AG-U5x
  • 5AG-U6x
    Full Support Added For
  • 5AN-LKx
  • 5AN-LRx
Old 02-27-2020, 02:19 PM
Intermediate

Yes and there is another firmware update with Version 1.0.9.6 that was just released. I think if there was a change for the 2019/20 RDX it would be listed in the update notes, but you never know.

Quick Reply: K-Tuner available for 2019 RDX