K-Tuner available for 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 03:28 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by lil12002
that's odd that they made an android app instead of ois app, since making an ios app is much easier.
I admittedly don't know anything about creating apps, but I have heard it is much easier to get one approved for the Google Play Store than the Apple version. Just hearsay at this point, however.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:34 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by lil12002
that's odd that they made an android app instead of ois app, since making an ios app is much easier.
As I've been told by the KTuner folks, or I read on their forums somewhere, it has to do with the limitations of bluetooth in iOS. Apparently there are limited permissions allowed in iOS, versus the "wild west" of Android, that don't allow for making the app.
The following users liked this post:
KSeriesTuner (07-24-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 03:38 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
I admittedly don't know anything about creating apps, but I have heard it is much easier to get one approved for the Google Play Store than the Apple version. Just hearsay at this point, however.
Originally Posted by markm929
As I've been told by the KTuner folks, or I read on their forums somewhere, it has to do with the limitations of bluetooth in iOS. Apparently there are limited permissions allowed in iOS, versus the "wild west" of Android, that don't allow for making the app.

Interesting JB in AZ I had heard the opposite that it was better to create in iOS, that's why most apps first arrive in iOS and latter on android platform, but I had not heard of issues with Bluetooth.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:56 PM
Drifting

A quick Google search provided a website with this info:

Google vs Apple play store

"...APP STORE

When developing for the iOS App Store, the biggest problem developers face is getting their app approved. It's not easy to get an app into the App Store. Apps can be rejected for slight errors, which can be frustrating for developers who have specific ideas about how their apps should look and function. Developers have to take a great deal of time and care to make sure their apps fit Apple's standards and rules.

Many apps get rejected on the first try, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The App Store's efficient app review team gives the developer clear feedback about why their app didn't make the cut. Developers might be frustrated in the short term, but ultimately become more skilled at mobile app creation.

GOOGLE PLAY STORE

Getting an app into the Google Play Store is an easier process. Apps have a low chance of being rejected on the Android app platform. This avoids the frustration App Store developers face and leaves developers free to experiment with their ideas...."
Old 07-22-2020, 06:36 PM
Expanse me

Received 302 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
A quick Google search provided a website with this info:

Google vs Apple play store

"...APP STORE

When developing for the iOS App Store, the biggest problem developers face is getting their app approved. It's not easy to get an app into the App Store. Apps can be rejected for slight errors, which can be frustrating for developers who have specific ideas about how their apps should look and function. Developers have to take a great deal of time and care to make sure their apps fit Apple's standards and rules.

Many apps get rejected on the first try, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The App Store's efficient app review team gives the developer clear feedback about why their app didn't make the cut. Developers might be frustrated in the short term, but ultimately become more skilled at mobile app creation.

GOOGLE PLAY STORE

Getting an app into the Google Play Store is an easier process. Apps have a low chance of being rejected on the Android app platform. This avoids the frustration App Store developers face and leaves developers free to experiment with their ideas...."
to answer the question -
Its The Wild West on google,
the same reason I moved to iOS years ago. Too much potential for malware, leaky code, etc .
Still, thinking about getting a cheap Android tablet just for the burn.
I already have a WiFi plug and two apps on iOS that do a great job monitoring the engine, but being able to just plug in and burn a variety of profiles is inviting.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
What is the difference between the regular and the V2 version of the tuner?
Old 07-22-2020, 09:25 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Funz51
to answer the question -
Its The Wild West on google,
the same reason I moved to iOS years ago. Too much potential for malware, leaky code, etc .
Still, thinking about getting a cheap Android tablet just for the burn.
I already have a WiFi plug and two apps on iOS that do a great job monitoring the engine, but being able to just plug in and burn a variety of profiles is inviting.
Right, agree. I don't have a horse in this race, so it doesn't really matter. I am not a dev, and I am not planning on tuning my RDX. Just posted what I remembered reading, and basically, wild west it is on Android...and I often read where Google has to pull apps from their store, and advise users to delete them from their phones. Yet, I carry on with Android....hmmm
Old 07-23-2020, 08:09 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by Cuzz
What is the difference between the regular and the V2 version of the tuner?
You can go to the Ktuner website and read about it.
V 1.2 is simply a Bluetooth plug and a line to your laptop. After installing ktuner s/w on your laptop, you connect the line and burn the ECU.
V 2 is actually a unit, like a handheld gaming unit, that burns the ECU directly. You get the unit, a line, and the bluetooth plug. You can also monitor the vehicle from the handheld unit as you drive with the V2.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Expanse me

1.0.9.9 Ktuner is out

Ktune 1.0.9.9 is out. no RDX additions listed.
​​​​​​Version 1.0.9.9

V1.2 Firmware Update.
  • 2020 Type-R Support
V2 Firmware Update
  • 2020 Type-R Support
    Civic 1.5T
  • Initial Support Added For 5AA-C1x
  • Initial Support Added For 5AH-P5x
  • Initial Support Added For 5AJ-J6x
  • Full Support Added For 5AN-CCx
  • Full Support Added For 5AN-CRx
  • Full Support Added For 5AN-K5x
    Civic Type-R
  • 2020 Type-R Support
    Civic 2.0 NA
  • Initial Support Added For 5BA-A5x
    Accord 1.5T
  • Initial Support Added For 6A0-95x
  • Initial Support Added For 6A0-97x
    CRV 1.5T
  • Initial Support Added For 5PA-98x
    Accord V6 13-16
  • Initial Support Added For 5G0-B0x
Old 07-24-2020, 10:50 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any concerns about long term reliability with the ktuner stage 2? Would like to keep my rdx for 200k+ miles
Old 07-24-2020, 01:01 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by charizard
Any concerns about long term reliability with the ktuner stage 2? Would like to keep my rdx for 200k+ miles
as long as you use as a daily driver and don't autocross it or anything... don't know why you would, but people will race anything....
Old 07-24-2020, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by markm929
Unless Apple opens up bluetooth support, which is not likely, it'll never be able to communicate with any of our devices. They decided charging extra for their "Security Chip" was more important than allowing developers open bluetooth access. That's why I moved away from iPhone years ago and I'll likely never return. Extremely sad for me because all of my computers are Apple and I was a long time supporter.

Only Bluetooth Low Energy is supported on iOS devices without the use of the security chips, but they have limits that aren't appealing for what we are doing. We'll likely never switch to BLE for those reasons.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:01 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
Unless Apple opens up bluetooth support, which is not likely, it'll never be able to communicate with any of our devices. They decided charging extra for their "Security Chip" was more important than allowing developers open bluetooth access. That's why I moved away from iPhone years ago and I'll likely never return. Extremely sad for me because all of my computers are Apple and I was a long time supporter.

Only Bluetooth Low Energy is supported on iOS devices without the use of the security chips, but they have limits that aren't appealing for what we are doing. We'll likely never switch to BLE for those reasons.
There is a reason why they do this.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:05 PM
Instructor

There is a reason why they do this.
If you're talking about Apple you're absolutely correct. Money.

The only reason they likely haven't opened up the Serial Port Protocol of bluetooth is because it would piss off companies who have been purchasing millions of those "security chips" over the years.

I can understand the need for the MFi program for devices that are physically connected to the phone, but not a bluetooth device that's never physically connected.

Anyway, no point in arguing over this one... Apple's the only one who can change it and they likely never will.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I purchase the KTuner V2, will I still need a Windows enabled laptop to obtain the tuning maps, or can I download directly to the V2 unit? Thanks to all for this helpful thread for those of us looking to tune.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:10 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by retep222
If I purchase the KTuner V2, will I still need a Windows enabled laptop to obtain the tuning maps, or can I download directly to the V2 unit? Thanks to all for this helpful thread for those of us looking to tune.
I believe yes. but you really need to visit the ktuner youtube channel and website and get info for yourself.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Considering the RDX is not an Type S (yet)....I must admit that the unveiling of the HP and torque of the new TLX S makes KTuner Stage 2 pretty impressive....and kinda gets the RDX somewhat close to those Type-S numbers...I mean for a compact SUV, that's some impressive stuff.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpaceBot
Considering the RDX is not an Type S (yet)....I must admit that the unveiling of the HP and torque of the new TLX S makes KTuner Stage 2 pretty impressive....and kinda gets the RDX somewhat close to those Type-S numbers...I mean for a compact SUV, that's some impressive stuff.
On a top line numbers basis alone, yes it does. However, what I think we ought to look for is the amount of power over the rpm band.
Funz51 (08-04-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered in the thread - but I did not find much to this effect:

How "safe" has this tune been seen to be?

and

How quickly will Acura void your warranty if you run it?

I love the SH-AWD and the RDX itself, but it's still WAY laggier than my 2015 Subaru Forester XT. There just isn't pickup off the line. The thread suggests this tune fixes that, but it's a daily driver and I do not want to go ruining the transmission or engine or AWD for a bit of a butt-dyno boost.

Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by Speed Guy:
Padre Dave (09-09-2020), SpaceBot (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 04:45 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by Speed Guy
Apologies if this has been covered in the thread - but I did not find much to this effect:

How "safe" has this tune been seen to be?

and

How quickly will Acura void your warranty if you run it?

I love the SH-AWD and the RDX itself, but it's still WAY laggier than my 2015 Subaru Forester XT. There just isn't pickup off the line. The thread suggests this tune fixes that, but it's a daily driver and I do not want to go ruining the transmission or engine or AWD for a bit of a butt-dyno boost.

Thanks!
Those are both good questions. Same as we all have. I am not sure how you go about figuring if the extra torque will shorten the life, but personally, I am not concerned. It is not bumped enough to be concerned, IMHO. I am a daily driver also.
The warranty has many opinions on here on multiple threads. If need to bring it in for service, I will just burn it back to OEM. Takes me 10 minutes. It gets complicated however if you get stuck and get it towed. But having 20 minutes with your baby before you give it over to the service Dept in that situation is just enough time to burn it back. I read where someone did that. Funny. Something I would do, lol.
The delay does not go away with the burn. It gets better. Still, just a tap on your right paddle anytime you feel that you cannot afford a delay works, at least for me.
There is a law, which I have reposted months ago that contests the void of warranty when changing software.
But Acura just emailed out a month ago a kind of statement of clarification that says anything you touch or change on the car must be Acura approved or they will not provide help or assistance. Take it for what it's worth.
That's as much as I know, any more takers on defining these two issues?

KSeriesTuner (09-16-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 04:49 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Long term experiences?

Well, I’ve read the entire thread here (thanks for all the great comments), and I’m about to pull the trigger on the V2. Just wanted to ask for any last feedback from anyone who’s been running it for a while… I have 27+ thousand miles on my 2020 RDX. And I will keep up the same rate of driving. I’m hoping to get at least 200,000 mi out of it over the next 7 years or so.

My only main concern is if running the stage 2 will affect the long-term reliability of the engine. I’m sure it’ll decrease its absolute maximum life, but my personal experience with Honda engines has seen over 300,000 if they’re taken care of.

So, any personal experiences or anecdotes of people who have run a tune for the life of an engine with that many miles? Any problems?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2020, 09:45 AM
Instructor

You can check the Accord forums too since those were out before the RDX, but nobody has had reliability issues with our platform. I would say verify you're not in the fuel pump recall range.
The following 5 users liked this post by KSeriesTuner:
Funz51 (09-30-2020), Hobie (10-05-2020), markm929 (09-30-2020), Padre Dave (07-02-2021), SpaceBot (10-01-2020)
Old 09-30-2020, 03:52 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
As long as you're doing proper maintenance (ie: sooner than the MMI) for a modded car, the engine should last quite a while, especially with the stock turbo. Also, a canned tune is generally much milder than a custom tune, due to the fact that it needs to be unless the tuner wants to get a reputation for blowing motors ... you just can't get as aggressive when making a cookie-cutter tune. The issues you'll have, and are just as expensive, are going to be with the turbo and drivetrain. The transmission is a big question mark, and asking for more boost from the turbo is going to shorten its lifespan significantly. If you're not prepared for this, don't mod ... simple as that. Like everything else in the universe, it's a give and take. You can't have increased power without sacrificing something else. No, your turbo isn't going to eat it after 50k miles, but you likely aren't getting 150k out of it either with a Stage 2 tune and running it hard from time to time (why else would you put a tune on it). Transmission may hold up just fine, but again, it's a risk you're going to have to take seeing as it's unknown territory.

As for warranty, a tune will 100% void your warranty. No, the Magnuson-Moss Act will not cover you. Again, repeat after me, the Magnuson-Moss Act will not cover you. The mindless twits who harp on this have no idea what this law actually entails. It was put into place because manufacturers were voiding warranties for aftermarket parts. Manufacturers were getting warranty claims for blown motors, would do their inspection and then refuse warranty because the owner used an aftermarket oil or air filter. This does not mean you can throw a tune that messes with the ECU programming of the car, making more power, and expect the manufacturer to warranty the motor if something goes wrong. Sure, take them to court and you will lose. This Act was put into place to prevent manufacturers on basically having a monopoly on service parts, as it would scare people away from using aftermarket parts for simple service items. It does not cover aftermarket performance parts. Yes, they still have to prove that it was the cause of the failure, but an ECU tune can be pointed at for literally anything that goes wrong in the powertrain. You can flash it back to stock, but most manufacturers can still tell the ECU has been messed with. All will refuse warranty work if this is the case and I know at least BMW will not give you CPO status, thus decreasing the value when you trade it in. The dealer may turn a blind eye to your mod(s) to keep your business, especially if you've been a good customer and do a lot of service there, but don't bank on it. When you mod, assume the risks ... don't be a child and expect somebody else to pay for your blunders.

I'm not saying not to mod ... I've blown a motor on my supercharged LS2. I didn't cry that GM wouldn't replace my motor. I also eventually plan to throw a Stage 2 in the RDX in a year or so, once I know everything that could go wrong with the powertrain would have gone wrong by then, so less risk is assumed. Just take accountability when things get fucked up. Pay to play, it's the name of the game when modding. If you don't like taking the risk, don't touch it. Just do appearance mods and call it a day.

Last edited by leomio85; 09-30-2020 at 03:55 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by leomio85:
amcobra (10-02-2020), fogdoctor (10-02-2020), Speed Guy (09-30-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 01:13 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
I spoke with Acura service department in my area yesterday. The service rep also flashes his car with a tune, but says he always just flashes back to stock and removed any aftermarket tuning equipment before taking it in to service . He's had no issue doing this.
The following 3 users liked this post by SpaceBot:
Funz51 (10-01-2020), Hobie (10-05-2020), KSeriesTuner (10-01-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by SpaceBot
I spoke with Acura service department in my area yesterday. The service rep also flashes his car with a tune, but says he always just flashes back to stock and removed any aftermarket tuning equipment before taking it in to service . He's had no issue doing this.
I discovered a challenge when tuning my previous car, a Mazdaspeed3. When I took the car in for emissions testing in Arizona, I flashed the ECU back to stock. When they plugged in the OBD the car had no history recorded so they had to do a tailpipe test. The next time I needed to have it checked, I went in with the tune and it passed with flying colors, whatever that means.

I plan to leave the Stage 2 tune in place when I finally get my VIN/ECU mismatch issue resolved......sheesh. Since I haven’t been able to get any updates because of this issue, they will likely override some of the KTuner settings, so I will reflash Stage 2 when I get it back.

I pray this helps someone. Stay safe and God bless all of you!
The following 3 users liked this post by Padre Dave:
Hobie (10-05-2020), KSeriesTuner (10-05-2020), Oil Stain (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 02:24 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Padre Dave
I discovered a challenge when tuning my previous car, a Mazdaspeed3. When I took the car in for emissions testing in Arizona, I flashed the ECU back to stock. When they plugged in the OBD the car had no history recorded so they had to do a tailpipe test. The next time I needed to have it checked, I went in with the tune and it passed with flying colors, whatever that means.

I plan to leave the Stage 2 tune in place when I finally get my VIN/ECU mismatch issue resolved......sheesh. Since I haven’t been able to get any updates because of this issue, they will likely override some of the KTuner settings, so I will reflash Stage 2 when I get it back.

I pray this helps someone. Stay safe and God bless all of you!
That's because when you flash back to stock, it will likely clear your I/M monitors as well. You will fail an OBDII emissions test this way because it uses those monitors to test the emissions systems of the vehicle. Many people think they're slick finding out they can clear a CEL by clearing it with a scantool or disconnecting their battery, but this also clears the I/M monitors and they getting pissy when they fail their inspection test. This is also a very easy way to tell you were messing around with something you shouldn't have.

If you're taking your car in for service, there's no reason to flash it back to stock, unless they're going to be doing something looking specifically at the ECU. It's not like they're going to hook into the computer and it'll prompt a 'WARNING: Vehicle is running an aftermarket tune! Void Warranty, Will Robinson!" message. But, if they're investigating a blown motor, they will delve deeper into things that could potentially cause this ... and looking closely at the ECU will reveal its been tampered with. People don't seem to understand this ... and say, "well, I bring it in for oil changes and I've never had them detect my tune, I'm safe." Sure, ok. It doesn't even seem KTuner knows their ass from their face in this regard. I'm sure they make a decent tune, as I haven't heard anyone popping their motors from their tunes ... but, well, I'll hold my tongue. I ran across a story (so take it for what you will) about a guy who was going to get a motor replaced by their dealer, but Honda sent out a specialist to crack into the ECU and even though it was flashed back to stock, discovered higher boost demanded from the turbo than factory setting and warranty was denied because of the aftermarket tune. Again, they're not going to be able to say, "Ha! We discovered you were running a Hondata Stage 2! DENIED!" But, they'll know you messed with the ECU in some fashion.

Again, if you want to mod, just keep in the back of your mind that you could be footing a hefty repair bill ... because the manufacturer, if capable, isn't going to warranty the failed part, nor will the tuning company. Some people, including myself, are willing to assume that risk. Others, maybe not so much.
Oil Stain (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85
That's because when you flash back to stock, it will likely clear your I/M monitors as well. You will fail an OBDII emissions test this way because it uses those monitors to test the emissions systems of the vehicle. Many people think they're slick finding out they can clear a CEL by clearing it with a scantool or disconnecting their battery, but this also clears the I/M monitors and they getting pissy when they fail their inspection test. This is also a very easy way to tell you were messing around with something you shouldn't have.

If you're taking your car in for service, there's no reason to flash it back to stock, unless they're going to be doing something looking specifically at the ECU. It's not like they're going to hook into the computer and it'll prompt a 'WARNING: Vehicle is running an aftermarket tune! Void Warranty, Will Robinson!" message. But, if they're investigating a blown motor, they will delve deeper into things that could potentially cause this ... and looking closely at the ECU will reveal its been tampered with. People don't seem to understand this ... and say, "well, I bring it in for oil changes and I've never had them detect my tune, I'm safe." Sure, ok. It doesn't even seem KTuner knows their ass from their face in this regard. I'm sure they make a decent tune, as I haven't heard anyone popping their motors from their tunes ... but, well, I'll hold my tongue. I ran across a story (so take it for what you will) about a guy who was going to get a motor replaced by their dealer, but Honda sent out a specialist to crack into the ECU and even though it was flashed back to stock, discovered higher boost demanded from the turbo than factory setting and warranty was denied because of the aftermarket tune. Again, they're not going to be able to say, "Ha! We discovered you were running a Hondata Stage 2! DENIED!" But, they'll know you messed with the ECU in some fashion.

Again, if you want to mod, just keep in the back of your mind that you could be footing a hefty repair bill ... because the manufacturer, if capable, isn't going to warranty the failed part, nor will the tuning company. Some people, including myself, are willing to assume that risk. Others, maybe not so much.
You explained this very well.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Atomsplitter
I installed the stage 2 ktuner back in January or whenever it became available. Install is a breeze it just requires a cable from your obd port to your laptop. Has to be windows. Takes about 20 minutes and your done. Completely different car. Turbo lag is all but gone, pulls hard through the rpms. I couldn’t imagine ever going back to stock. Well worth it.
How’s the long term performance been? Have you kept the tune running? Any issues come up?
Old 11-10-2020, 02:16 AM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by Hobie
How’s the long term performance been? Have you kept the tune running? Any issues come up?
Mine is running very strong/.Now that we can open the windows and enjoy the change. The car seems to thrive on the cooler air.
The following 3 users liked this post by Padre Dave:
Funz51 (11-10-2020), Hobie (11-10-2020), KSeriesTuner (11-11-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 08:47 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Padre Dave
Mine is running very strong/.Now that we can open the windows and enjoy the change. The car seems to thrive on the cooler air.
That’s great to hear, Padre. How many miles running the tune?
Old 11-10-2020, 12:34 PM
Racer

Talking

That’s great to hear, Padre. How many miles running the tune?
A good 7500 miles or so.
The following 2 users liked this post by Padre Dave:
Hobie (11-11-2020), KSeriesTuner (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts
I see KTuner 1.0.9.10 is available w/o release notes, anyone have a clue as to the update?
Old 11-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Expanse me

Where do you see that release?
Old 11-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Expanse me

ok, looking at current 1.0.9.10 ktuner release. looks like they added engine fan control and a Vtec control. there may be more, but that is the obvious.
KSeriesTuner (11-13-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Cruisin'

ok, looking at current 1.0.9.10 ktuner release. looks like they added engine fan control and a Vtec control. there may be more, but that is the obvious.
For those who already running older versions, are they notified by Ktuner to update? Or do they just need to check on their own for updates? I imagine it would just be a download from their website, and then just re-flashing?
Old 11-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Expanse me

For those who already running older versions, are they notified by Ktuner to update? Or do they just need to check on their own for updates? I imagine it would just be a download from their website, and then just re-flashing?
that is correct. Just download and reflash. THe app is suppose to let you know a new version is available when you start it up. That worked for me in April when I first flashed, but since then it does not. So I just monitor the help file, or this thread. The help is usually delayed by a few days. That will show you what changed, in general. You need to download and look at the left menu to determine what has changed in detail for your vehicle.
if I am missing something, please someone speak up.
thx.
Hobie (11-11-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 12:09 PM
Instructor

This hasn't been pushed out as an official update notification yet, but anyone who downloads can use it!

If you don't want to change any settings there's no reason to reflash the vehicle.
The following 4 users liked this post by KSeriesTuner:
Funz51 (11-13-2020), Hobie (11-13-2020), markm929 (11-13-2020), Oil Stain (11-13-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 08:14 AM
Instructor

Forgive me, it's been a while. I'm seeing my version to be 1.0.9.8. I have the Ktuner connected to my laptop (ver 1.2) and I do a check update and it returns and says I have the latest version. Do I need to have it connected to the car?
Old 11-17-2020, 12:56 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by Oil Stain
Forgive me, it's been a while. I'm seeing my version to be 1.0.9.8. I have the Ktuner connected to my laptop (ver 1.2) and I do a check update and it returns and says I have the latest version. Do I need to have it connected to the car?
go to ktuner website and download the latest version and install. i find that the automatic update notify in the app does not work. you should be getting 1.0.9.10. you dont connect to the car to download software, but just an internet connection. after you download the software, then connect to the car. The software that you download has everything it needs to burn your car.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:06 PM
Instructor

go to ktuner website and download the latest version and install. i find that the automatic update notify in the app does not work. you should be getting 1.0.9.10. you dont connect to the car to download software, but just an internet connection. after you download the software, then connect to the car. The software that you download has everything it needs to burn your car.
Thanks for replying! I thought I was going nuts about the check for updates thing. I didn't think I should connect to the car either. After talking to KTuner a while back about possibly adding the cooling fan control, I'm glad they did, heat soak can get really hot in Florida sitting in traffic. Thanks again Funz51.

Quick Reply: K-Tuner available for 2019 RDX