Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:47 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swirlie
If you come over to the island, check out Bear Mountain. It's designed by Jack Nicklaus and his son. Greens fees are only about $100...

Nice looking course. My TSX hasn't been to the Island yet. Vancouver Island is great TSX country. Maybe in September I will make a visit.

When I use my remote control to start the car I always see my headlights light up. Today I only saw the parking lights on and not the headlights. I thought "What's up with that". I got into the car, turned the key and said "Oh Yea'. I saw that I had the parking brake on and when it is on the DRL's are off which explained everything.

I still really love the RBP colour. It is a very rich colour. I prefer it in indirect light as oppose to direct light.

Excited
Old 05-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

So, speaking of this beautiful color, could I trouble any fellow owners to confirm/deny the paint code?

Here's what I'm seeing on the driver's door jamb, on the bottom line of the sticker that also includes vehicle weights and the VIN:

-B536P

Unfortunately, there's nothing that identifiies it, like "exterior paint code" or anything. I'm grateful in advance for any info...
Old 05-13-2006, 12:36 AM
TSX4EVR

Vroomvroom I will check my door the next time that I am out there.

Last night as I had finished my round of golf and I was putting away some stuff in the trunk and I heard someone's voice behind me which said: "So you are the guy that owns the TSX. I keep seeing this beautiful car and kept wondering who it belong to. Great colour."

He went on to say how the TSX is one of three cars that he is considering buying. I told him how much I loved my TSX.

The same day a little earlier I had another girl say "Oh your TSX4EVR" Not that does me any good and none of them has asked me to father their children!

Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to wax my TSX. Golf keeps getting in the way the last little while.

Excited
Old 05-16-2006, 04:38 PM
for EVER more!

RBP Interior Question - Various

Sorry I'm a n00b to the forum, and was previously a lurker, but that's cause I think it's bad form when someone posts about a vehicle they don't own.

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2006 6spd TSX and am wrestling with color options. I started with the Deep Green, but decided that the Parchment interior with fake wood was a bad idea. Then I moved on to Glacier Blue Metallic (Silver/Blue) with Quartz Int. I took a look at the Acura lot and decided I didn't want a Silver car. Seems most Acuras are Gray/Silver/Charcoal colored and I wanted something different.

That being said, a salesman talked up the RBP. I was thinking RBP and Quartz till I looked at my brochure -- only Parchment and Ebony are choices and I'll be living in Central FL -- Ebony is a bad idea right? I know Excited is a Canadian -- but can any SoCals or TX or FL people inform me about the heat in an Ebony and how much a diff that tinting can make? I'll get black as long as I don't burn my ass off. Also-- does anyone have parchment with RBP -- what do you think of the faux wood and diff colored dash?

I promise I'll be a frequent poster once I receive delivery. Any advice or "Wish I hads..." would be great as well. This purchase will be my first car that I own. Right now I'm driving my parent's '94 Altima GXE ( ). I love the MT tho and can't wait to get behind the wheel of the TSX...

Can't wait to hear from you all!
Old 05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Instructor

I have RBP with Parchment (and the std wood trim). I think it looks VERY nice. Just enough look of luxury without being too pretentious (I originally thought about the optional full wood trim, glad I didn't get it). I really don't like dark interiors and it's increasing difficult to find cars where the interior isn't all black, with the exterior (and sometimes seats) a different color). I'd rather the dash was tan (parchment) as well, but I guess all models being black saves some money on the production line.

It really is very subjective. The Green would have been my second choice (far behind second). I think Silver cars are tough to not look like primer gray after a while. My first choice would have been the Redondo Red that the TL comes in (think it's the same red as the 06 Accord). Simply beautiful color. The Milano Red for the TSX is completely different, and doesn't do anything for me.

Jeff
Old 05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
for EVER more!

Jeff:

A Parchment dash would create serious glare on the wind shield. I drive a 94 Altima with tan interior and the dash is a darker brown to impede this, so its probably a good thing the RBP dash is dark/black -- just don't armor all that -- totally defeats the purpose!

How long have you had the car? Have you noticed that the carpets are prone to stains? I won't be dealing with snow or salt -- I live on the Main Line right now; I grew up here, but am moving to FL for my first job...

Does the RBP show water stains and pollen and such -- do you have to wash it a lot??

Sorry I'm asking so many q's -- want to make the right decison -- I spent time at an Acura dealership (in West Chester) today and he was talking about how unique RBP is and how that's my best option right now.....

Thanks,

Brent
Old 05-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Instructor

The darker dash probably helps with glare. I had a dk blue exterior / tan leather interior 02 Toyota Solara, and I don't remember a lot of glare off the front dash.

For the tan carpets, my guess it they'd probably be a bear to keep clean. A trick I did on the Solara, which is in process for my TSX, was to get a set of gray floor mats. They provided a bit of contrast on the Solara (which didn't have any black in it's interior, it was all tan (or wood)), as well as minimizing carpet stains. I ordered a set of gray ones for my TSX as well (still waiting for them to arrive), although black ones might have been just as good (might have coordinated better with the black dash). Right now I've been driving around with old towels on the floors, hoping to keep the original tan mats clean (not sure what I'll do with them yet).

The RBP does seem to sjhow pollen, until we had the heavy rains last week it had a yellow-green glow to it (almost looked nuclear!). I think light color cars probably show dirt more, whereas darker ones show dust more. I'm not sure what color would be a good compromise.

I only got my TSX about a month ago, so not sure how it will handle the winter. For places that get a lot of inclement weather, the tan all weather mats might be a good choice. It's basically just myself in my car, occasionally my wife, so I'd rather not give up the more luxurious feeling of having carpeted mats.

Not sure if I mentioned it previously, but for me I really wanted the lightest (tan) interior, so that sort of dictated what exterior colors I'd consider. I know at least RBP, the green, and the Milano red are options. I saw the green out at the Las Vegas Acura dealership (was out there for vacation last month), and it's not bad, but I just don't think it 'pops' as much as RBP. On the other hand, I think the green is a lot less common. The red is a non-metallic red (sort of like a candy apple red), and I didn't like it.

From my shopping last month, the West Chester (is that also consider Ardmore?) dealer was pretty competitive on price, so if you are happy there they should be okay to buy from. When I bought my TSX last month, I sent a letter to all of the Phila area Acura dealers indicating what I wanted for the car, what I wanted for options, what I had as an initial best price, and asked them for their best offer. That was my compromise between trying not to pay MSRP (which I didn't), but not having to be ultra-negotiating, ie. "this is the invoice price, this is your holdback, etc... so this is what you should be able to sell the car for." My purchase just luckily fell during the "Acura Upgrade" period, so I was able to get the 2.9% financing as well.

Any other questions let me know. If you haven't already seen it, there's an Acura meet at Belmont Plateau this coming Sunday. It's not just TSX's, but for any that are there, you'd be able to see more closely what they look like, how they wear, etc. Unfortunately mine will be the body shop, a result of it being vandalized last weekend.

Jeff
Old 05-17-2006, 12:09 AM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Ebony/Black interior...warm but livable in TX

Un-lurking for this one...my RBP with Ebony was built 5-9-2006 and will be about on the boat by now.

For a southern car, the tint is mandatory for a black interior. I had a Blk/Blk CL-S that was fine with the tint. I always go for the black interior and find that without tint (in Texas) it is suicide, with tint, it can be a bit warm.

That said, I love the dark interior with tint. Given the amount of windows smashed these days to grab things lying in the open (cellphones, etc.) the dark interior makes it more difficult for the criminal to locate an inviting item and thus decide to break in.

just do it...

Da Duck
Old 05-17-2006, 09:13 AM
for EVER more!

I am definitely tinting.

I wish I could get the "aluminum" trim in the parchment, instead of the plasti-wood. Then I'd be ecstatic.

Maybe I will treat the parchment floor mats with a teflon spray (scotchguard?) to keep stains from doing too much damage and allowing them to be removed. I will be the primary person in the vehicle, so this may be a non issue.

I agree about the Green not popping -- i love green, but this green isn't the best for a fast car like the TSX.

About purchasing, I'm buying it from a dealership close to my new apt in Florida. I'm figuring this will be best for servicing issues, etc. They have a 6spd Green TSX on the lot that I may snatch if they can't find a RBP for me. MT's are hard to find and not so popular in this country. I'm hoping this will help with the wheeling and dealing. West Chester is not Ardmore -- WC is 25-35 mi West of Ardmore. I live in the absolute middle between the two places, and WC is less trafficky for my liking.

Jeff: could you take pics of your RBP from the D-Side window (outside looking in) and then just open the door and take a pic of as much dash and seats as possible? That'd be a big help to see how the combo looks....

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PittIsIt
...Jeff: could you take pics of your RBP from the D-Side window (outside looking in) and then just open the door and take a pic of as much dash and seats as possible? That'd be a big help to see how the combo looks....

Thanks!
Are you looking for pics of the RBP w/ Parchment (stock), or with the gray floor mats? Either way, it will have to wait 2 weeks until I get my car back from the body shop, but no problem.

Jeff
Old 05-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Advanced

I've been MIA for a month or so, and I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone's doing.

How often do you guys clean the leather on the car?
Old 05-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Advanced

Oh, I forgot to mention that after three trips to the service dept, they finally nixed the steering wheel rattle!!!

It had gotten so bad, that you could hear it over the slightest bump. The tech guy road w/ me and heard it clear as day, so that helped too. It was a loose connector in the steering wheel that caused the noise!

Now, if I can get my alignment fixed properly!! The steering wheel was tracking left and leaning towards the left. They said it was just that the steering wheel wasn't put on their straight. So they straightened it, but it still tracks left!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:04 PM
for EVER more!

Originally Posted by jwhite4
Are you looking for pics of the RBP w/ Parchment (stock), or with the gray floor mats? Either way, it will have to wait 2 weeks until I get my car back from the body shop, but no problem.

Jeff
Yikes -- Don't worry about it then... I will be making a decision before then. Anyone have any idea if Excited's RBP is ebony or parchment?

The more I think about it, the less I think I care the Parchment matters. It looks classy, and its not as hot as black. I'm just wondering if I can handle the ebony interior in Central Fla.

On a different note: how was your vehicle vandalized? And where in Illy do you live that would make a beautiful new car a target?
Old 05-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Instructor

...On a different note: how was your vehicle vandalized? And where in Illy do you live that would make a beautiful new car a target?
I live in the Northeast, near Levick & Roosevelt Blvd (some would say Oxford Circle, but I'm about 1m north of there.

A 13yr old kid was walking along the street, and decided to throw rocks at my car. Dings both left doors, the roof, the hood, and broke the rearseat window on the drivers side (the rock was still in the backseat, it was a good 1 1/2" in diameter). Some kids in the neighborhood knocked at my door, said, "Do you know your rear window is broken..." and it went on from there. They apparently saw who did it, gave the information to the police (when they finally came an hour later), and went over and took him in. Apparently he's had problems (lots of them) in the past, though to be he seemed more stupid than a hoodlum.

Before the cops came, the kids got him to come back over to my house, when while questioning him, he basically said, "I didn't throw the rock that broke the window, just the one that dented the roof." Real bright kid! I'll find out how well the Honda bodyshop (Sussman up in Willow Grove) does on the repair. One thing that really s*cks is it's the side I'll see EVERYTIME I get into and out of the car, so if it's not 100% perfect, I'll constantly see it. At least had it been on the passenger side, it wouldn't have been as noticeable to me.

Good luck with your purchase. It's not the absolute best car out there (read the "What I don't like about my TSX" thread), but for the money, it's definitely one of the best values out there.

Jeff
Old 05-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

Am I reading right...you're looking for parchment interior shots? If so...

When new:

With all-weather mats:

After wheel & trim:

Still hoping to get paint code confirmation from fellow owners...
Old 05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
for EVER more!

Thank you so much for these shots, this is beautiful -- more so than i expected actually. Nice to know that the dealer can install the trim package if I so desire. This "wood" looks better than what i've seen on the lot.

How would you rate the quality of the all weather mats? They look rubber...

I'm not getting Navi, and will be getting a 6spd RBP. Your pics make the wood look darker. I was afraid it wood (he he) look too mature and grown up for a 21 yr old. Thoughts?

Thanks for the extra stuff there Jeff, and for posting the pics Vroom! This is calming my fears...
Old 05-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Not sure if I commented on it before, but I think the extra wood trim (down center console, on armrests, and steering wheel) is I think a bit of an overkill. Unless you are absolutely positive you want it, and get a great price on it from your dealer (at time of purchase), I'd hold off on it initially. You might find that the black grows on you. If not, you can always get the wood trim kit later. The only loss is that if done at time of purchase, you get a 4yr warranty on it; if done after, you only get a year.

I've heard that the all season mats tend to be slippery (but I haven't seen them in person).

Jeff
Old 05-17-2006, 06:27 PM
for EVER more!

...I think the extra wood trim (down center console, on armrests, and steering wheel) is I think a bit of an overkill. ...
I've heard that the all season mats tend to be slippery (but I haven't seen them in person).

Jeff
Jeff,

Mom agrees with you... Although I can appreciate those who like it, the extra wood is definitely not for me. I'll save my money for tinting the windows. I will probably get the regular rugs and super scotchguard them -- it rains seriously in the summer in FLA, so I'll keep a towel for the driver's side mats when it's just me. I dont care what it looks like when I'm driving. I'll put the towels in the cavernous trunk for dates and the ladies.

Anyone think that the Teflon coating for the paint is a good idea? The dealer tried to pitch me this Simoniz thing...

I'm worried primarily about pollen and water spots....

--B
Old 05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

excited has an ebony interior, as do I. bradykp has parchment, as does VroomVroom. bradykp also has a bunch of interior pics in an old thread somewhere.
As for paint code, try a google search. I did a quick one awhile back, and your code looked about right. Didn't find a perfect match, though (last letter was different).
Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 PM
for EVER more!

excited has an ebony interior, as do I. I need someone that lives in a warm climate...Not sure BC matches this...My main motive to get Parch is heat issues. These pics make Parch look very pretty.
^ :-)
Old 05-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Jeff,

Anyone think that the Teflon coating for the paint is a good idea? The dealer tried to pitch me this Simoniz thing...

I'm worried primarily about pollen and water spots....

--B
I've done some research on this, both on this site and general web searches. For 'entire body' products, like Simoniz or Teflon, I haven't found any posts where people would recommend them. Most seem to compare them undercoating in the 70's and 80's, they sound a lot better (and promise a lot more) then they deliver, and they aren't cheap.

The only protection which does seem to get universal praise are the 'clear bra' products, a clear stickon film meant to protect various parts of the body (usually starting from the front (bumper) and working back). For the TSX, the common sets are the front hood (about 1' back), front part of the grill/fender, and front of the mirrors. Another kit covers the bumper, and their are kits for the lights. Prices vary, I think for all you are looking on average around $700.

Jeff
Old 05-17-2006, 08:46 PM
for EVER more!

I've done some research on this, both on this site and general web searches. For 'entire body' products, like Simoniz or Teflon, I haven't found any posts where people would recommend them. Most seem to compare them undercoating in the 70's and 80's, they sound a lot better (and promise a lot more) then they deliver, and they aren't cheap.

The only protection which does seem to get universal praise are the 'clear bra' products, a clear stickon film meant to protect various parts of the body (usually starting from the front (bumper) and working back). For the TSX, the common sets are the front hood (about 1' back), front part of the grill/fender, and front of the mirrors. Another kit covers the bumper, and their are kits for the lights. Prices vary, I think for all you are looking on average around $700.

Jeff
This is kind of pricey -- are chipping and dents really that much of a problem? I haven't seen people using the conventional bras since the late 80s, early 90s (since I was a fetus). I think the clear bra is a good idea if you're super anal --- otherwise, hasn't paint come a long way since then? If you do get nicked, hope it corrodes, then you're under warranty in the first 4/5 years right? After that any car is destined to have nicks in the front....

Am I being stupid or rational? Or are they the same thing?

--B
Old 05-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Instructor

The advantage of the clear bra is that it takes the brunt of any damage (like the older black leather bras), but in most cases no one notices it. In terms of any warranty coverage, nicks and chips are probably considered normal wear and tear, I'd be surprised if the dealer does anything for you.

One clearbra dealer actually said that unless I did a lot of driving in less than ideal locations, or a lot of highway driving, it's probably not worth the money. He made the comment that for the cost of it, you probably could repaint for about the same money. I'm not sure if that's true or not.
My guess is that in many cases, the clearbra would 'absorb' any impacts such that the bodywork (paint) on the car doesn't get damaged. In the worst case, if the clearbra gets really worn, you could remove it, replace it, and go back to somewhat of the original finish on those pieces.

There are a LOT of threads on clearbra (also search for venture shield) which I'd advise you to read up on. In general I'm not sure I've come across any postings of people who've gotten the clearbra and later regretted it. Of course most of the people on this website are pretty passionate about their cars, so in that sense you do have a biased sample of people.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

The quality of the all-weather mats is excellent. I wish the color matched a little better, but otherwise no complaints. I definitely recommend the investment if you go with parchment. They can get slippery. Pretty easy to clean, but you definitely don't want to apply any dressing to them.

Still going back and forth on the clearbra. The car sees a lot of highway miles. It's true that the cost is equivalant to repainting the hood and front clip, but then what happens the first time you get some chips after the repaint? My issue is the same as it's been for the three years I've off-and-on researche this. Finding an installer with excellent patterns and quality work for the application.

I do not recommend the dealer-applied sealant. Granted, I'm pretty OCD about detailing my own vehicles, but even if that's not your bag you could take your new car to a professional detailer and have far better products applied for the same amount of money. Pollen and water spots are much more obvious on a dark vehicle, but the key, regardless of color, is to keep a fresh topcoat (wax or sealant) on the finish, and wash regularly.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

excited has an ebony interior, as do I. I need someone that lives in a warm climate...Not sure BC matches this...My main motive to get Parch is heat issues. These pics make Parch look very pretty.
^ :-)
Sure, but:
Anyone have any idea if Excited's RBP is ebony or parchment?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

page 29

The ebony interior does get pretty hot in the sun, but leaving the sunroof cracked (in the rear tilt-up mode) essentially eliminates this problem for me and is pretty safe even if it starts to rain. A Heatshield reflector for the windshield would help even more but I don't have the discipline to put it up all the time and it doesn't get that incredibly hot here.

Plus the ebony interior looks SOOOO sexy (tip: get the all season floor mats, they match the black leather much better than the off-black carpeted mats do).
Old 05-18-2006, 01:35 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

BTW, pollen stands out like nothing else on RBP. You'll think you bought a DGP if you leave it under a tree for a day I think it stands out even worse than on NBP. However it is real easy to clean off with some quick detailing spray (make sure you do this after sunset or in a well-shaded area or you will go through a LOT of spray).
Old 05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Instructor

I wonder how one of the California Dusters would work on pollen?

Jeff
Old 05-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Have camera, will travel

Pollen really sucks. Dirties up a clean car in no time flat. Even on the SSM, it shows enough to matter. Pollen is pretty tacky so I don't know how the California Duster would work. I'd try it on a window before on the paint though.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:28 PM
for EVER more!

No offense, but I don't think I'll be nearly as anal about my finish as you guys seem to be. If I can car wash once every 10 days or so and have it professionally detailed once or twice a year, I will be more than happy with myself and be able to sleep soundly.

To me, RBP looks unique and too many Acuras out there are Black, Silver, Grey or White. I needed something unique and not Arctic Blue -- that car is for 16 yr old girls.

I did like DGP, but RBP seems more exotic to me, and has more facets to it -- DGP looks Silver and Grayish in low light.

I've decided I'm not comfortable with leaving the sunroof open during the day in order to not burn my ass off at the end of the day. Parchment and auto windows down and waiting 30 secs is enough for me.

All weather does sound like a good idea, although when I said Scotchguard, that was for the carpet mats. I still will hit the upholstery underneath the All Weathers and the surrounding fur to that extraneous stains (esp from my flying MT feet) will be protected against. No one likes a car with a dirty interior

BTW -- i did notice in the test drive that I like how you dont slide around on that TSX leather. Some said they think it feels cheap--but i think it feels sporty and those seats hugged me like a glove...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:57 PM
TSX4EVR

I wonder how one of the California Dusters would work on pollen?

Jeff
It works great on dust (I used it again tonight) but I'm not sure that it would work that well on pollen. We don't have a pollen problem here but I suspect that pollen might smear.

Excited
Old 05-18-2006, 10:09 PM
TSX4EVR

Well, I have been real busy and haven't had any time to post. We leave tomorrow for our big trip in the TSX through Washington Oregon and to San Francisco and Pebble Beach. We will get to see the the redwood forests, Mt. St. Helens, Mt Ranier and the Oregon coast. Also lots of BC.

My daughter and son inlaw stay at our house so it is kept nice and safe.

This will be another great adventure for the TSX and I hope to get lots of great pics of the RBP TSX with great backdrops.

Even though it was only 2000 kms (1242 miles) since my oil change, I expect to travel close to 8000 km (5000 miles) before the trip is over. I knew that I would pass my next service date on the trip.

Got the squeak fixed and will post more about that in the problems and fixes section.

Does anyone know if the US navi disc goes as far north as Vancouver? That is my destination tomorrow and wondered if I could trade discs in Vancouver or have to wait until I cross the border?

It should be a great trip in the TSX.

Excited
Old 05-18-2006, 11:53 PM
for EVER more!

Originally Posted by excited
Well, I have been real busy and haven't had any time to post. We leave tomorrow for our big trip in the TSX through Washington Oregon and to San Francisco and Pebble Beach. We will get to see the the redwood forests, Mt. St. Helens, Mt Ranier and the Oregon coast. Also lots of BC.

My daughter and son inlaw stay at our house so it is kept nice and safe.

This will be another great adventure for the TSX and I hope to get lots of great pics of the RBP TSX with great backdrops.

Even though it was only 2000 kms (1242 miles) since my oil change, I expect to travel close to 8000 km (5000 miles) before the trip is over. I knew that I would pass my next service date on the trip.

Got the squeak fixed and will post more about that in the problems and fixes section.

Does anyone know if the US navi disc goes as far north as Vancouver? That is my destination tomorrow and wondered if I could trade discs in Vancouver or have to wait until I cross the border?

It should be a great trip in the TSX.

Excited
Excited:

The thread wanted to know what color your interior was -- I'm almost positive the pics show that it's ebony. Just checking...

Thanks!

PS Your drive is going to be spectacular -- Make sure you check out Yosemitie Nat'l Park if you haven't already -- IMHO, it's one of the best national parks in the world.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:05 AM
TSX4EVR

Excited:

The thread wanted to know what color your interior was -- I'm almost positive the pics show that it's ebony. Just checking...

Thanks!

PS Your drive is going to be spectacular -- Make sure you check out Yosemitie Nat'l Park if you haven't already -- IMHO, it's one of the best national parks in the world.

Ebony - I really like it. Parchment looks terrific, my concern was keeping it clean. Both are great. No problems with the ebony. I have a remote starter so on any hot days I just start the car before I get to it and it is nice and cool.

Welll I'm leaving in about five minutes. I'm trusting the navi because I did not bring any maps.

Excited
Old 05-19-2006, 12:57 PM
for EVER more!

OK all with the RBP or knowing it well.

Since I'm getting the 06 6spd RBP w/ Parchment and NO NAVI, what dealer options should I negotiate on, and what's worth paying for? I know i get the sweet Acura Bembro brakes on the fronts, but are there wheels really worth it, or trim stuff I should be pushing for?

I'm not getting the additional wood accents, I just don't like all that wood on the steering wheel -- looks to grandpa-ish. Also remember, I'm 21 and this is my first car that I will own.

I will be doing an aftermarket tint and am debating the clearbra -- if dealers tint, should I work this in? I'm thinking about a mirror tint like that in the back windows of the new Lexus RX's. Ideas, advice for what would look good with my choices thus far?

Thanks again for the advice...
Old 05-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

It's really personal preference. If there are Acura Accessory wheels that you like - go for it. Do some research on the web to determine fair prices and go from there. Ditto the other accessories. My wife absolutely loves having the cargo net in the trunk, for example. On that one - I'd definitely negotiate for a dealer install...it was a pain in the butt.

Good luck with the purchase...
Old 05-22-2006, 01:50 AM
TSX4EVR

TSX terrific touring car and Nav unit gets 12 out of 10

Just finish two 12 hour days Edmonton to Vancouver and Vancouver to Redding Califormia and a shorter day from Redding to San Fran with a big detour to some vineyards.

TSX is so smooth, so powerful, so comfortable, so versatile, it is a perfect vacation touring vehicle for my wfe and I. The rear seats folding down is a big bonus.

Gas mileage has been excellent. Once again it has exceeded what is advertised for highway and so far combined I have averaged for the whole trip 7.2 l/100 kms. At times I was getting 6.5 l/100 kms.

I cannot praise the nav enough especially on our side trip to the vineyards and in San Francisco. It has been perfect and we would not have been able to find our way without it.

The TSX was terrific on some of the switchbacks we travelled on going to the vineyards. Nimble and great on the curves.

No pics yet and I will share my impressions of the various States later.

Excited
Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

I wish I'd known you were in the neighborhood - we could've tried for a quick cup of coffee and a photo shoot. Glad to hear you had a great trip and that the car behaved so wonderfully.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:58 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

I do not think the TSX front brakes are brembos -- it's the MT TL that gets those.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
I wish I'd known you were in the neighborhood - we could've tried for a quick cup of coffee and a photo shoot. Glad to hear you had a great trip and that the car behaved so wonderfully.
San Francisco is a great city and I love Northern California. Thanks for the offer of coffee. Actually we stayed not too far away at Pacifica. The navi has been absolutely fantastic and anyone who is considering whether to buy one or not and you travel, it is well, well worth it. It has been great here that is for sure.

I would show some pics but don't have access to my Imagestation. No super pics yet but lots of places to go. I need to find a good car wash first though.

TSX has been terrific. I had a "Bullet" moment today, while going up hill. I was following a friend and he got through a street light that I didn't. He was heading up a hill towards Lombard street http://www.sftravel.com/lomabardcrookedstreet.html and actually got a green at the next light as well, before mine turned green. I put it into SS and speed up the hill. As I was just about to the next light, it turned yellow. I kept my speed up and went safely through the still yellow light, but came upon the next upgrade rather quickly. The TSX took a good bounce but did not bottom out. It's hard to describe in print but it was kind of neat. Bullet in reverse.

Tomorrow Pebble Beach.

Excited

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"