Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:22 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXdawg
Yes, if I can figure out how to post pics, haven't done it before. I was doing a search and I don't think anybody has posted an 06 ASM yet, so maybe I'll be the first.
Not to disappoint you but there was one other thread that showed an 06 ASM but I would love to see more pics.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27091

Excited
Old 01-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Aaawww shucks!! Oh well, I'll just have to use our beautiful Vancouver backdrop to make my pics more interesting.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:35 PM
TSX4EVR

Aaawww shucks!! Oh well, I'll just have to use our beautiful Vancouver backdrop to make my pics more interesting.
Vancouver's backdrop is one of the best in the world. It is a very beautiful city, especially on a clear day.

Excited
Old 01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
TSX4EVR

Actually will be passing through your beautiful city twice in the next five months. In May we will be travelling to Oakland CA to visit my niece who is graduating with her PHD from Berkeley. It will be my first time to the States of Washington Oregon and Northern California. Will get to see San Francisco, the redwood forests and Mount Saint Helens. Best of all will be doing all of that in the TSX.

Also will be staying at the Sunshine Coast for a week in March.

Excited
Old 01-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by excited
Actually will be passing through your beautiful city twice in the next five months. In May we will be travelling to Oakland CA to visit my niece who is graduating with her PHD from Berkeley. It will be my first time to the States of Washington Oregon and Northern California. Will get to see San Francisco, the redwood forests and Mount Saint Helens. Best of all will be doing all of that in the TSX.

Also will be staying at the Sunshine Coast for a week in March.

Excited
Let me know, we'll have to go for a cruise.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

don't mean to hijack this thread but, what's the difference between an artic blue vs. a royal blue. Which one looks better in person?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:28 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Twisteds2k
don't mean to hijack this thread but, what's the difference between an artic blue vs. a royal blue. Which one looks better in person?
There is no hijacking this thread as it has many branches. lol. Plus you mention RBP so you are right on topic.

I was going to show you pictures of both but image shack is acting up a little. The Royal blue is a dark blue and the artic blue is a bright blue. You can see the colour on this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=artic+blue

As far as which one is best, that is a personal choice. I have and really like RBP but also really like Artic Blue.

Excited
Old 01-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

As soon as spring comes I wil clay, polish and wax her. I actually can't wait.

Ideal will be when I take my freshly clayed, polish waxed TSX to the golf course in the spring.

Excited
Hehe, I've got mixed feelings. Winter rocks because I can go snowboarding (went Saturday. ~50cm of powder and SUUUUUN!! ). But then I'm like you and can't wait until spring so I can clay, polish, wax!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by Knox
Ya know, I was set on this color until I saw it under natural light and outside of pictures such as this threads holds. It was too purple for me.
Too purple in natural light? The only time I really see purple is under the yellowish, unnatural light in my garage. Otherwise, it's a range of blues as excited mentioned.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swirlie
Too purple in natural light? The only time I really see purple is under the yellowish, unnatural light in my garage. Otherwise, it's a range of blues as excited mentioned.
ocassionaly if the sun hits it right it has a purple tint to it, but i've rarely seen a shade of purple show up in it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by bradykp
ocassionaly if the sun hits it right it has a purple tint to it, but i've rarely seen a shade of purple show up in it.
That also might be because of the weather. I haven't seen much sun since before I got my baby.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
TSX4EVR

That also might be because of the weather. I haven't seen much sun since before I got my baby.
Sunny Alberta han't been so sunny either. Because of the warmer than normal weather those clear (and cold) days haven't been present.

Floor hockey starts up again this Thursday. One of the guys also has a TSX. His is also blue from an ealier year. I am anxious to park next to him to compare the colours. Hopefully I will remember my camera and take a pic or two.

It is a darker blue than the artic blue, I will have to find out what shade it is called.

Excited
Old 01-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Instructor

Hey excited and all on this thread, I just posted some pics of my new ASM in the photo section. Check it out.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:05 PM
TSX4EVR

Hey excited and all on this thread, I just posted some pics of my new ASM in the photo section. Check it out.

Your ASM TSX looks fantastic and your photographs fabulous. I have to grace this thread with a couple of your pics:

Excited
Old 01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Floor hockey starts up again this Thursday. One of the guys also has a TSX. His is also blue from an ealier year. I am anxious to park next to him to compare the colours. Hopefully I will remember my camera and take a pic or two.

It is a darker blue than the artic blue, I will have to find out what shade it is called.

Excited
Indigo Blue Pearl. I saw one here a few weeks back and posted about it...
It's a nice colour and similar to ours, but the RBP still wins.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:56 PM
TSX4EVR

Indigo Blue Pearl. I saw one here a few weeks back and posted about it...
It's a nice colour and similar to ours, but the RBP still wins.
I hope to have picture proof of that on Thursday.

I washed my TSX again tonight. Today was the first day that I came to work with the TSX dirty. I had a number of people kid me about it. Oh the pressure of owning a desirable vehicle.

Excited
Old 01-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Pro

Oh the pressure of owning a desirable vehicle.

Excited
Lol!!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

hey excited, with stupid luck, someone dinged my door on my nhb.....I hope that doesn't happen to you...I keep staring at that one point where the paint would not reflect
Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Pro

oh the humanity! really sorry to hear that! I know how you feel though. I've avoided parking lots and any scenario in general that would put my baby within striking distance of another vehicle's door.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:52 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by acn684
hey excited, with stupid luck, someone dinged my door on my nhb.....I hope that doesn't happen to you...I keep staring at that one point where the paint would not reflect
Yikes. So far I have avoided the double d. (the dreaded ding). I am touching wood as I type this, maybe I should be touching metal.

I have been almost neurotic about parking away from other cars and when I have to park beside cars, I try to find very wide spots or spots where there is only one car beside me to help minimize the chance for a ding.

Eventually everyone will have to park beside cars and eventually some careless person with cause the dd.

Sorry man about the ding, hopefully soon it won't look so bad to you. I have never had a ding fixed. I guess some are easy and some are not, to get fix.

Excited
Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Instructor

I know how you guys feel about being neurotic about your car. I get so nervous when I'm driving and I hear a little pebble in my wheel well or when I park, I always park further away in a parking lot just so there are no other cars around.

BTW, I noticed that when I start up my car, the primary (upper) portion of my MID does not come on right away, you have to press the "i" button to turn it on. Do you guys know of anyway to have it come on when you turn your car on so you don't have to press the "i"?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I know how you guys feel about being neurotic about your car. I get so nervous when I'm driving and I hear a little pebble in my wheel well or when I park, I always park further away in a parking lot just so there are no other cars around.
I've taken to parking in the last spot (it's a small parking lot with a single row) and angling my rear-end (always back in) toward the grass, away from the other cars. I have a good 3 or 4 feet away from the next spot, and these spots are fairly wide. I used to do that with my old car, too. I'm just a little paranoid about that, anyway.

BTW, I noticed that when I start up my car, the primary (upper) portion of my MID does not come on right away, you have to press the "i" button to turn it on. Do you guys know of anyway to have it come on when you turn your car on so you don't have to press the "i"?
This happens on occasion. I'm not sure why. Most of the time, it's fine. Maybe there's a bug with the "DRL OFF" message in the MID that causes it to lose the memory setting occasionally?
Old 02-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i always have to hit the "i" to turn it on. does it ever come on automatically for anyone?

also....for some reason, my gf drives the car...she refills it with gas, and the trip A resets.

even though mine is set to do the same, the Trip A doesn't reset when i do it. Am i doing something wrong?

everything else works linked to me (like memory seat when i open the door with my keys, etc.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Instructor

also....for some reason, my gf drives the car...she refills it with gas, and the trip A resets.

even though mine is set to do the same, the Trip A doesn't reset when i do it. Am i doing something wrong?

everything else works linked to me (like memory seat when i open the door with my keys, etc.
I think the MID is customized for each key. I'm assuming you programmed your key separately from your gf? If you have, perhaps double check the setting?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I think the MID is customized for each key. I'm assuming you programmed your key separately from your gf? If you have, perhaps double check the setting?
i've double checked the setting. might just have to set everything to default and start over!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

i always have to hit the "i" to turn it on. does it ever come on automatically for anyone?
About 80% of the time, it starts off (after the "DRL OFF" message disappears when I take the parking brake off) where I left it. Once in awhile, it'll start off with the top section off.

I only just turned on the reset-on-fillup, so I'll see what happens next time.

Oh and to be anal, it's not customized to the key, but to the keyfob. Check which keyfob you use to unlock the door.
There's also a setting in the customization for which screen is default for the smaller display... don't remember, but maybe there's one for the larger one, too?
Old 02-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Still Lovin my 06

About 80% of the time, it starts off (after the "DRL OFF" message disappears when I take the parking brake off) where I left it. Once in awhile, it'll start off with the top section off.

I only just turned on the reset-on-fillup, so I'll see what happens next time.

Oh and to be anal, it's not customized to the key, but to the keyfob. Check which keyfob you use to unlock the door.
There's also a setting in the customization for which screen is default for the smaller display... don't remember, but maybe there's one for the larger one, too?
when i drive i always unlock with my keyfob....the memory seat moves the seat when i open the door. i put the key in the ignition, and the top part of the MID is always off. i haven't seen a setting for the top display in the menu.

i fill the tank, and even though the setting is set to resest trip after fueling, it does not reset.

keyfob 1, my gf, is set identically, the display does not come on for her either, but the reset does work on every fillup.

i think i'm losing my mind
Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

In that case... ask Colin?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 PM
TSX4EVR

The upper section of my MID shows up almost all of the time.

I never new that the A trip was suppose to reset after a fill up. I certainly didn't set anything and I know that I have manually reset it a number of times.

Hopefully tonight the other guy with the older blue TSX will be there tonight. I got my camera in the TSX so I can take a comparison pic. If I remember right the colours will be similar although the last time that I saw it I though that I was getting the ASM so I never took a real close look. If he is there, it will be interesting. Hec, it will be my first mini-meet!

Excited
Old 02-02-2006, 10:56 PM
TSX4EVR

Rats, I guess he didn't get the memo. He showed up but not in his TSX. He did like looking at mine though. Unfortunately the parking lot was very dark so the true Royal Blue had trouble shining through but he still like it. He liked the new front of the TSX and he really liked the navi.

I guess the photo op will have to wait.

Excited
Old 02-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Still Lovin my 06

The upper section of my MID shows up almost all of the time.

I never new that the A trip was suppose to reset after a fill up. I certainly didn't set anything and I know that I have manually reset it a number of times.

Hopefully tonight the other guy with the older blue TSX will be there tonight. I got my camera in the TSX so I can take a comparison pic. If I remember right the colours will be similar although the last time that I saw it I though that I was getting the ASM so I never took a real close look. If he is there, it will be interesting. Hec, it will be my first mini-meet!

Excited
it's a customizable setting. not the default.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:30 PM
TSX4EVR

I had to endure another day of compliments and looks again today for my TSX.

The sun came out a little bit today so I took a few pics. Don't be fooled by the snow. There is really very little here. (None on my lawn) These pics were taken in a parking lot in a shady area where the snow was compressed. Still not warm enough to get it looking it's best.

Here's the blue:

Here's how reflective it can be. Just imagine how it would look after it was clayed, polished and waxed:

And just another few pics

Excited
Old 02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
TSX4EVR

I saw an Indigo Blue TSX today. It was pulling out of a parking spot as I was going into one so I never got a great look, but the colour is fairly close to RBP. Not as good. I hope that one day I can take a pic, side by side. Maybe this Thursday.

I also followed a PWP TSX with a M3 style lip. It looked pretty good. If Xenonspecialist ever makes a RBP one, I will order one.

I'm still loving the TSX. I use the SS about 20% of the time, Ipod 90% of the time. Still haven't had any real snow to drive on in the almost two months I have had the TSX. All I can say is that the Michelin Alpins are quiet.

Finally took the dreaded turn at 70 kpm. I never could do it in my Escape but the TSX does it easily. (The dreaded turn is a sharp turn I need to make each morning around 4:45 am.)

Excited
Old 02-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I saw an Indigo Blue TSX today. It was pulling out of a parking spot as I was going into one so I never got a great look, but the colour is fairly close to RBP. Not as good. I hope that one day I can take a pic, side by side. Maybe this Thursday.

I also followed a PWP TSX with a M3 style lip. It looked pretty good. If Xenonspecialist ever makes a RBP one, I will order one.

I'm still loving the TSX. I use the SS about 20% of the time, Ipod 90% of the time. Still haven't had any real snow to drive on in the almost two months I have had the TSX. All I can say is that the Michelin Alpins are quiet.

Finally took the dreaded turn at 70 kpm. I never could do it in my Escape but the TSX does it easily. (The dreaded turn is a sharp turn I need to make each morning around 4:45 am.)

Excited
As I said, the IBP doesn't look as good.
I use my Creative Zen about 95% of the time, and my 6MT about 100% of the time. Been working on my gas consumption numbers lately. My average L/100km is even dropping while driving in rush-hour traffic. Being able to "cruise" in 5th at city traffic speeds (and still having some power) is an amazing feeling coming from a Civic.

I've taken a few tight 90deg corners (not the smoothest surfaces...) going about 50-60km/h. Tires started squealing a little. That is fun as hell!

I was just thinking... we should vow never to let this thread die.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:54 PM
TSX4EVR

My first Mod tomorrow

I was just thinking... we should vow never to let this thread die.
I'll do my best to keep it going as long as I can with good stuff.

The low fuel signal came on for the first time. It was a big gas pump symbol that took over the mid and a yellow light came on in the fuel gauge area. You certainly couldn't miss it.

I really like the cruise control. It is much better than my Escape's. When you go up a hill it maintains it's speed with no drop or lag.

Tomorrow I will get my first mod. (Assuming that the great remote starter doesn't count)

I will be upgrading my front speakers and tweeters. I went to a highly recommended audio shop that carried Alpine speakers. I first asked over the phone about the SPS 170a's and SPS 690A's. He told me to come in and he would look at the TSX and make some recommendations.

He looked at the TSX and said that the rear speakers (behind the rear seats) were essentiallu sub-woofers and that the signal going to it would be for sub-woofers and to put the SPS - 690A's back there would lessen the bass and speakers would not get the full range of sound. He recommended leaving them.

In our discussion he mentioned that the rear door speakers were "fill" speakers. i asked if you really gained much in changing them out and he said a little but the big gain is with the front speakers. He said if you want to hear like the guitar playing is moving across the stage right in front of you, the front speakers is where it all happens.

He recommended the Alpine SPS 171A component speakers ($189 Cdn per pair). The woofer and midrange in the front door and the tweeters up on the dash. They would put a crossover in the door to direct the high signal to the tweeters.

I asked about better more expensive speakers in the front. He mentioned several including the R and X style Alpines ( and a lot that were much better) but he said with the power output of the OEM head unit that the S style Alpines were best for the TSX.

I will post tomorrow on how it sounds.

Oh yes I washed my TSX again today.

Excited
Old 02-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Pro

thanks for the info! let us know if you get any door rattles when cranked up as well. i've got that problem right now and want to upgrade the speakers but not if the rattling increases too. i've got it going into the shop for warranty work on the 23rd
Old 02-08-2006, 09:21 PM
TSX4EVR

I don't have any door rattles right now. Sure hope I don't create any.

I sometimes get a creak when the car body flexes going around an uneven corner. The TSX is so quiet I think it is so easy to hear car sounds that would otherwise be masked.

I'm doing the speaker upgrade to get better midrange and highs. The OEM speakers aren't too bad to my old ears so I hope I notice and appreciate the change.

Excited
Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Just put the deposit down for my RBP/eb MT/nav! The dealer had a silver/ebony in stock but especially after seeing your pics I decided it's worth the wait. There is supposedly one due to arrive stateside in March that he thinks he can intercept But even if i have to wait longer it'll be worth it.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by jpt
But even if i have to wait longer it'll be worth it.
Good choice in colour.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Instructor

I'll do my best to keep it going as long as I can with good stuff.

The low fuel signal came on for the first time. It was a big gas pump symbol that took over the mid and a yellow light came on in the fuel gauge area. You certainly couldn't miss it.

I really like the cruise control. It is much better than my Escape's. When you go up a hill it maintains it's speed with no drop or lag.

Tomorrow I will get my first mod. (Assuming that the great remote starter doesn't count)

I will be upgrading my front speakers and tweeters. I went to a highly recommended audio shop that carried Alpine speakers. I first asked over the phone about the SPS 170a's and SPS 690A's. He told me to come in and he would look at the TSX and make some recommendations.

He looked at the TSX and said that the rear speakers (behind the rear seats) were essentiallu sub-woofers and that the signal going to it would be for sub-woofers and to put the SPS - 690A's back there would lessen the bass and speakers would not get the full range of sound. He recommended leaving them.

In our discussion he mentioned that the rear door speakers were "fill" speakers. i asked if you really gained much in changing them out and he said a little but the big gain is with the front speakers. He said if you want to hear like the guitar playing is moving across the stage right in front of you, the front speakers is where it all happens.

He recommended the Alpine SPS 171A component speakers ($189 Cdn per pair). The woofer and midrange in the front door and the tweeters up on the dash. They would put a crossover in the door to direct the high signal to the tweeters.

I asked about better more expensive speakers in the front. He mentioned several including the R and X style Alpines ( and a lot that were much better) but he said with the power output of the OEM head unit that the S style Alpines were best for the TSX.

I will post tomorrow on how it sounds.

Oh yes I washed my TSX again today.

Excited
Been reading the thread for 2 days,nice car,great color! I haven't got mine yet,but....speaker upgrade is what I have already considered since I used to have my cars with alpine set up all the time,alpine simply rules.Let us know how the Type-S components turn out!

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"