Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
You should have bought your car from the place I bought mine. Free washes for the life of the vehicle. Sure, it's no substitute for a good hand wash, clay, and wax, but it's nice being able to drive a few minutes, get it washed, and not have to worry about it being too dirty for at least a few days. This is a luxury in Chicago in January.

I'm eagerly anticipating the day when I can hand wash, clay, and wax my TSX. Alas, January in Chicago isn't the best time for that.

hahaha, my dealer "washed" my car once. i think they just used one of those soap attachments you put on a hose, and then rinsed. it had a dusty layer when it came out. either that, or they forgot. didnt care cause she wasnt that dirty, but they offered the wash.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eeyore
Those garage gnomes are a bitch.

Excited, you live in Canada, and you can keep your car THAT clean? In January? Way to go man.
Our weather has been amazing since the day I picked up my TSX. Virtually no precipitation and the roads have been mostly bare and dry. I certainly haven't required the snow tires that I had put on the TSX right away.

It would surprise me if all winter long if we have had a total of more than an inch of snow.

It has also been warmer than normal here.

Throw in a few timely car washes and my baby stays clean almost all of the time.

Excited
Old 01-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Advanced

Ok, here goes. Wish I had a regular digital camera. Had to use my camera phone for the pics so the resolution is a little grainy. It's mirror smooth and super glossy up close. After seeing it today in the sunshine, I don't even mind my sore armpits muscles!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:46 PM
6MT or Death

Old 01-09-2006, 09:04 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by srenitynow
Ok, here goes. Wish I had a regular digital camera. Had to use my camera phone for the pics so the resolution is a little grainy. It's mirror smooth and super glossy up close. After seeing it today in the sunshine, I don't even mind my sore armpits muscles!

Wow, it looks fantastic. Your hard work really paid dividends. I will have to learn how to use the clay bar. What wax did you use?

Great job and it really looks super.

Excited
Old 01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Still Lovin my 06

looks good, but where's the one with your reflection in it, so we can see the "mirror" effect
Old 01-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bradykp
looks good, but where's the one with your reflection in it, so we can see the "mirror" effect
Sorry. I intentionally avoided that. Bad hair day LOL.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:21 PM
TSX4EVR

I can't access the wax and wash section so I will ask you. Why would you use a clay bar on a new car? Isn't it's purpose to remove contaminants?

Your car looks great and I am not questioning your decision, I'm just trying to learn more about the clay bar.

Thanks

Excited
Old 01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by excited
I can't access the wax and wash section so I will ask you. Why would you use a clay bar on a new car? Isn't it's purpose to remove contaminants?

Your car looks great and I am not questioning your decision, I'm just trying to learn more about the clay bar.

Thanks

Excited

the answers in wash and wax are simple and logical. the car is exposed to many elements en route to it's end user. rail dust, environment, etc. clay bar is good on the new car. keep it fresh from the start
Old 01-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Advanced

Wow, it looks fantastic. Your hard work really paid dividends. I will have to learn how to use the clay bar. What wax did you use?

Great job and it really looks super.

Excited
Thanks alot!! I am a little self concious though. I'm sure people in my building at work were watching through the tinted windows as I circled my car today with a duster picking at minute bits of grass. Mother's clay bar from Pep Boys. Really, really easy and quick. Zymol cleaner wax liquid (smells like bananas...yum. Used cheesecloth to remove. Damp flour sack towel to polish. Microfibre with a few drops of water to bring out the gleam).

I didn't think I could like this RBP more than I did before. It now has a deeper, richer color with even more dimension to it. The blue pearl really "pops" now.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Advanced

Thanks

Excited
I thought my car was spotless until I clayed it. I was amazed at what it pulled off. This will give you all of the info on claying. https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/proper-claying-techniques-261254/.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Thanks alot!! I am a little self concious though. I'm sure people in my building at work were watching through the tinted windows as I circled my car today with a duster picking at minute bits of grass. Mother's clay bar from Pep Boys. Really, really easy and quick. Zymol cleaner wax liquid (smells like bananas...yum. Used cheesecloth to remove. Damp flour sack towel to polish. Microfibre with a few drops of water to bring out the gleam).

I didn't think I could like this RBP more than I did before. It now has a deeper, richer color with even more dimension to it. The blue pearl really "pops" now.

cheesecloth?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bradykp
cheesecloth?
Gauzy cotton material. They sell it at Pep Boys. It doesn't scratch and it takes the wax right off in one pass. No rubbing.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:02 PM
TSX4EVR

I thought my car was spotless until I clayed it. I was amazed at what it pulled off. This will give you all of the info on claying. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261254.
Well I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. (dog reference has nothing to do with your dog avatar. get some clothes on that dog!).

I tried the sandwich bag trick and the paint surface is rough. It does need to be clayed. I won't be able to do it for a few months as I have to wait for it to get a little warmer before I can wax it after the claying.

BTW - I liked that Seinfeld episode as well.

Excited
Old 01-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Damnit, I gotta stop reading these threads... I'm going insane not being able to get my car shining like mad. Stupid weather! *shakes fist*

Oh well, at least this gives me time to read up on proper claybar and waxing technique.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by swirlie
Damnit, I gotta stop reading these threads... I'm going insane not being able to get my car shining like mad. Stupid weather! *shakes fist*

Oh well, at least this gives me time to read up on proper claybar and waxing technique.
The good news for you is that after another two weeks of rain and setting a record for the most consecutive days with rain you will be able to wash and wax your TSX. I have to wait somewhere between 3 and 4 months before it will be warm enough for me to do it.

I noticed something today, that prior to getting my TSX I used to look at BMW's, (especially the silver ones) and think that they were pretty special. Now that I am driving my TSX, I don't feel that they are special. Not saying anything bad about BMW's, but how good I feel about my TSX.

Excited
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro

So nice to hear that!

i dont know if i should wait till summer 06 and get the new RDX.
i am in loooove with it.

i wonder what its going to be priced...
Old 01-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Advanced

Alright kids, I just threw down my deposit to join the club! Hopefully, by mid March, I'll be a proud owner of a new RBP 6MT/w Navi I can't wait!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by Gooker1
Alright kids, I just threw down my deposit to join the club! Hopefully, by mid March, I'll be a proud owner of a new RBP 6MT/w Navi I can't wait!
Another one joining the ranks. Congrats!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Thanks

Excited
So it is time to prep my car for a trade in for my TSX. I thought, what the heck, might as well practice claying on my old car. I have to say that I would not wax again without claying. The amount of contaminants that it picked up was truly amazing. I could really tell because the paint was WAAAAAY smoother after I ran clay over the surface. It really is very easy to use and I did not notice any scratches from using the clay. I would highly recommend claying for all of you who want to keep your TSX's in pristine condition.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by TSXdawg
So it is time to prep my car for a trade in for my TSX. I thought, what the heck, might as well practice claying on my old car. I have to say that I would not wax again without claying. The amount of contaminants that it picked up was truly amazing. I could really tell because the paint was WAAAAAY smoother after I ran clay over the surface. It really is very easy to use and I did not notice any scratches from using the clay. I would highly recommend claying for all of you who want to keep your TSX's in pristine condition.
and even better, give up waxing mostly, and use a sealant after claying. i'm gonna go that route.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Gooker1
Congratulations you will love your TSX and you will love RBP. I would like to say that the wait will go quickly but I found it almost painful.

Good luck and congrats again.

Excited
Old 01-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Advanced

Congratulations you will love your TSX and you will love RBP. I would like to say that the wait will go quickly but I found it almost painful.

Good luck and congrats again.

Excited
Trust me, I was trying to get the car this month through a dealerswap, but both of the cars were taken, so this was the ultimate last resort.

I was sitting at the dealership staring at the RBP TL before i left too...can't wait!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:46 PM
TSX4EVR

TSX got really dirty yesterday for the first time, although it's nice and shiny and clean.

On another really old thread someone asked if the water that he found inside his door frame after he washed it with a jet wash was normal. He was told that it was.

Most people that wiped up this water did it to keep these areas expecially clean.

Another good reason for doing it during winter is to prevent the doors from freezing.

I really like the remote starter. It kind of finishes off the TSX luxury wise. It's great coming out of the office building to a car that is warmed up. I suspect in the summer it should cool the car down.

I have been wanting to take some good pics, but always get home after dark. I guess I have to wait for the weekend.

Love the TSX!

Excited
Old 01-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Now if only you could have gotten the CSX's remote starter.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Pro

what is special about the CSX remote starter?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

It's got some neat toys. The remote will tell you how long it's been since you started the car, at what temp the climate control temp is set, etc. Plus, it has a cool little display.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:46 PM
TSX4EVR

Sounds like a cool remote. I have both a one way and two way remote fob. I mainly use the one way, but the two way has an image of a car and shows different images (ie fumes coming out of the rear of the car when you start it), but that CSX remote sounds like it has some neat features.

My freshly washed TSX stood out in the parking lot today. I had a ton of comments on it again. I feel like an ambassador for the TSX.

Love my TSX!

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

It's got some neat toys. The remote will tell you how long it's been since you started the car, at what temp the climate control temp is set, etc. Plus, it has a cool little display.
Sorry, you can SET the climate control temp, not just see its current value. I think it'll also auto-shutdown after a certain time has elapsed without opening the doors. Don't quote me on that.
I'm probably going to be heading down to my dealership to get my last free gas refill (2 extra tanks, that's $100 right there!) tomorrow. I'll try to remember to pick up the brochure on the CSX remote... and the TSX brochure, too. And whatever else is interesting.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Forget I said anything. Apparently my memory is useless and the remote starter is not quite as cool as I remembered.
Here's a summary of the info in the brochure:
functions:
- can start/stop engine
- keyless entry
- trunk release
- panic button
LCD shows:
- door lock/unlock state
- alarm indicator
- engine idling indicator
- weak battery indicator
- "checking reminder" Not sure what this is, but the icon looks like a door. Door ajar, maybe?
- remaining idle time

I'll scan it in and post the images.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:39 PM
TSX4EVR

Forget I said anything. Apparently my memory is useless and the remote starter is not quite as cool as I remembered.
Here's a summary of the info in the brochure:
functions:
- can start/stop engine
- keyless entry
- trunk release
- panic button
LCD shows:
- door lock/unlock state
- alarm indicator
- engine idling indicator
- weak battery indicator
- "checking reminder" Not sure what this is, but the icon looks like a door. Door ajar, maybe?
- remaining idle time

I'll scan it in and post the images.
My two way does all of that. it is similar to these: http://www.compustar.org/remote_start.htm

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Old 01-14-2006, 08:12 PM
TSX4EVR

The CSX is a neat little car and is good for those who want a luxury Civic. i have seen some neat commercials for it to. http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/06csx.htm

But it is no TSX.

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Burning Brakes

awesome pic excited! Some hints, might look better if u dumb down the flash or off the flash, getting the refelctor bounce puts attention where it shouldnt (should always be your beautiful TSX! lol).

Oh yeah, also for washing and waxing your car. Be sure to pick up a California Water blade - you can dry your car without having the cloth streaks etc. I actually use a blade then follow with an Absorber.

Be sure to use some quick detailing spray every now and then to give it a nice shine!!
Old 01-14-2006, 09:30 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by acn684
awesome pic excited! Some hints, might look better if u dumb down the flash or off the flash, getting the refelctor bounce puts attention where it shouldnt (should always be your beautiful TSX! lol).

Oh yeah, also for washing and waxing your car. Be sure to pick up a California Water blade - you can dry your car without having the cloth streaks etc. I actually use a blade then follow with an Absorber.

Be sure to use some quick detailing spray every now and then to give it a nice shine!!
I didn't like the reflector bounce either. The shots I took without the flash lost the colour of the sky.

I have never heard of a water blade so I will have to google it.

Do you use the detail spray all over or just in certain areas and to you have to buff it?

Thanks

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 09:38 PM
TSX4EVR

California Water Blade made in Canada

Found a good link describing the water blade. I can get it locally, I will try and pick it up tomorrow to give it a try.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...waterblade.htm

Excited
Old 01-14-2006, 09:47 PM
TSX4EVR

I googled the detail spray and I guess you spray and wipe with a terry cloth. I guess you can spray how much you want. I will have to check to see if there are any temperature constraints.

Hmmm, I wonder if the water blade is less pliable in the cold?

Excited
Old 01-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Instructor

I googled the detail spray and I guess you spray and wipe with a terry cloth. I guess you can spray how much you want. I will have to check to see if there are any temperature constraints.

Hmmm, I wonder if the water blade is less pliable in the cold?

Excited

Nooooooo....don't ever use a terry cloth on your car. Always use a microfibre cloth. There is a ton of literature that terry cloths will scratch clear coat. Microfibre will not. You would especially notice it on darker coloured cars. Check out this link.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/towel.html#faq

By the way, optimum spray wax is the way to go. Super easy to use and lasts for a long time.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:20 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by TSXdawg
Nooooooo....don't ever use a terry cloth on your car. Always use a microfibre cloth. There is a ton of literature that terry cloths will scratch clear coat. Microfibre will not. You would especially notice it on darker coloured cars. Check out this link.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/towel.html#faq

By the way, optimum spray wax is the way to go. Super easy to use and lasts for a long time.

I actually use "Professional Detailing" microfibre cloths purchased from Cdn tire. I mentioned terry towels because that's what the detailing spray website said, but thanks for the clarification.

I couldn't find a direct fact saying what the minimum temperature should be for using detailed spray however most references to waxes talked about a minumum car body surface temperature as 55 F.

I will check Cdn tire tomorrow for products including the California water blade.

Excited
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Im not sure what camera you have, but some cameras they have settings that can capture a pure night view w/o flash, hwoever you need a very steady hand. I'm sure u'll come by something that might work while figedting with ur camera =]

As for the waterblade, its called a California Water blade and pep-boys carries it. I trield autozone and strauss auto, both ddidn't carry it where I live. For me, I do a combo of things to dry my car. I use Rain X wash thingy which has a wash and also a water dry option, sorta like the mr clean thing. Works like a charm, the water beads up and leaves no spots even if it dries on the car.

I follow that wash with a clean blade, not too much pressure but enough to get the water off. Absorber for any large particles remaining, u don't even have to wipe it, just dabb it off. Then a Microfiber cloth for final drying. Car gets dry really nicely, and less contact between particles and clear coat. (assuming its washed well and the blade is clean.)

Detailing spray is just like "lotion" for the car. Just spray it on, spread evenly with a pad or a cloth of some sort (making sure its clear coat friendly). A light layer should do, then let dry and buff. Some let you do this while the car is still wet.

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"