Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excited, can you please post pics of your leather, especially the inside of the doors.
merry christmas
Old 12-24-2005, 08:45 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Tintin
excited, can you please post pics of your leather, especially the inside of the doors.
merry christmas
As soon as daylight hits, I will take a few snapshots for you.

Excited
Old 12-24-2005, 09:58 AM
TSX4EVR

merry christmas
Daylight was just hitting so I used the flash as I have some pre Christmas chores to do. Here are some pics, I hope that they help:

Excited
Old 12-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by waTSX
^^^Bradykp, you'll find that the low fuel indicator comes on pretty early in the TSX. As much as 4-5 gallons before you think you should run out of gas. You'll get used to it after a while.

If your fuel mileage isn't that good right now, you may find it gets better as the engine runs in. Are you calculating the mileage yourself or relying on the nav system to do it? I don't think the nav is very accurate as reported by other owners.
the system seems very innacurate. thats what i was saying....fuel light came on and the system says i have 25 miles left. but the car took 13 gallons, and it's suposedly a 17 gallon tank.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro

Thank you so much excited, those are the exact pics i wanted to see.
Damn, your car is seksy!

Merry X-mas
Old 12-26-2005, 05:48 PM
TSX4EVR

I'm not sure how well the pics will show the colour, but the RBP TSX sure looked purdy in the dusk light this evening:

Excited
Old 12-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Nice pics...especially the sunset...very artsy. Excited, you must be getting close to breaking in your car and finally revving it.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:01 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by TSXdawg
Nice pics...especially the sunset...very artsy. Excited, you must be getting close to breaking in your car and finally revving it.
Nahhh, only 544 kms so far. I haven't put too many clics on it during Christmas. A regular work day I only put 40 kms on it. It may be almost two more weeks before I can push it a little more.

I'm enjoying the power I am using right now. When you are in traffic and want to get to another spot real quick, it responds instantly.

Excited
Old 12-27-2005, 12:01 PM
8th Gear

sorry if I'm off athread but is the tsx rbp the same color as the 2006 tl rbp.
does anyone know?
Old 12-28-2005, 01:40 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by jmon
sorry if I'm off athread but is the tsx rbp the same color as the 2006 tl rbp.
does anyone know?
My guess is yes. I haven't seen the TL in the same colour but I know when I looked at Honda's with the same ASM colour as the TSX the colour was the same. It looks the same on the website as well.

Off topic - I find when I upload pictures that they lose some of their brightness. How they look on my computer screen and how they look after I have posted them on image station is different. These two night shots are easy to see originally but are very dark on the site. (and yes this is just a sleezy attempt to show more pictures of my fabulous RBP TSX! )

ps I like the way the TSX gives a beep when you press the lock key twice on the key fob. You get the feedback without the big noise.

Excited
Old 12-28-2005, 01:49 AM
TSX4EVR

BTW - I saw and passed an Artic Blue TSX today with a body kit and fogs. The Artic Blue is a totally different looking blue than the RBP. By his expression mine was the first RBP 06 TSX that he has seen. I gave him the thumbs up and carried on my way.

Excited
Old 12-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmon
sorry if I'm off athread but is the tsx rbp the same color as the 2006 tl rbp. does anyone know?
Yes, the Royal Blue Pearl color is shared with the TSX, TL, Accord, Civic and CRV in the US market.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
color shared with Honda

I saw two RBP Civics today that looked awfully similar to the RBP TSX I saw at the dealer. It made me wonder if the color was also used by Honda. Of course, it looks far better on the TSX!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by J.A.S.
I saw two RBP Civics today that looked awfully similar to the RBP TSX I saw at the dealer. It made me wonder if the color was also used by Honda. Of course, it looks far better on the TSX!
accord also comes in RBP
Old 12-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Pro

Is that beep sound when you lock the doors like the G35 sound? (assuming you know what the G35 sounds like)

or is it a horn beep sound?
Old 12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
TSX4EVR

Is that beep sound when you lock the doors like the G35 sound? (assuming you know what the G35 sounds like)

I don't know what the G35 beep sounds like, but it is definately not a horn beep, so my guess is that it would be similar to the G35 beep, assuming that the G35's beep is a nice beep.

The TSX's beep is a nice beep as far as beeps go.

Excited
Old 12-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by excited
BTW - I saw and passed an Artic Blue TSX today with a body kit and fogs. The Artic Blue is a totally different looking blue than the RBP. By his expression mine was the first RBP 06 TSX that he has seen. I gave him the thumbs up and carried on my way.

Excited
I saw an 04 Indigo Blue TSX about 2 blocks away from my place. The indigo blue is rather similar to the royal blue. I saw the rear-end first, so I had the scary feeling that somebody ELSE had another 06 RBP!!
I crossed the street and took a closer look. It's a rather subtle difference between the blues. Indigo, not surprisingly, has a bit more purple in it.

It's a really nice colour, the indigo blue, but my car's not quite as unique anymore.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:45 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by swirlie
It's a really nice colour, the indigo blue, but my car's not quite as unique anymore.
I think the same colour can look completely different on different cars. I have seen the RBP on a Civic and not like it near as much as on my TSX!

Excited
Old 12-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Still Lovin my 06

my coworker who has a g35, says the g35 is a horn when locking. the tsx is a "beep" like the is300.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
RBP on 06 Civic

Here are some pics of the RBP Civic.. It is a nice color no matter what car you put it on.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:21 AM
TSX4EVR

I stand corrected. I suspect that it wasn't RBP that I saw on the Civic.

Okay you have talked me into it. RBP rules on any car!!!

Excited
Old 12-30-2005, 01:43 AM
TSX4EVR

BTW - Anyone sitting on the bubble on whether to buy a TSX or not, my wife gave her seal of approval tonight while driving home from her Birthday supper.

She said "You know, this is a really nice car. It rides smooth, quiet and is powerful." " It has lots of nice features" she said as she sat on her toasty seat.

She gives her

Excited
Old 12-30-2005, 10:18 PM
TSX4EVR

I took my son-in-law for a good drive today in the TSX, he was pretty impressed and once again the nav unit showed me a better route to a destination. Still lots to learn, but the TSX keeps getting better each day.

The son-in-law wanted to hear the bass response on the TSX stereo system and he was quite impressed. I was playing some tunes on the iPod and the bass was solid.

I have been racing back and forthe from Future Shop trying to get a post boxing day computer to work. Finally after six trips I returned it. The relevant part of all this is that it has caused me to put a few more kms on the TSX bringing it to almost 900 kms. At 1000 kms it will be broken in.

I still love the power as it is now. I find that I use the SS about 30% of the time. Perhaps releasing fristration from all of the computer trips.

Love my TSX

Excited
Old 12-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bradykp
my coworker who has a g35, says the g35 is a horn when locking. the tsx is a "beep" like the is300.
my brother had a 2005 G35 sedan as a loaner, and when you lock the doors using the i-key touch, it had a really nice beep.

umm, anyways so off topic...

excited: got any cons/negative impressions?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Have camera, will travel

Excited
Nice car excited, but you need more light in those pics. Way underexposed. Can hardly see the car. Tripod+longer exposures, or flash, or daytime pics.

Are you happy with the AT so far?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Instructor

that is a beautiful colour, wish they had it on the 04!!
Old 12-31-2005, 02:40 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by waTSX
Nice car excited, but you need more light in those pics. Way underexposed. Can hardly see the car. Tripod+longer exposures, or flash, or daytime pics.

Are you happy with the AT so far?
Those last few pics have been in low light conditions and I am trying to capture the low light effect on the TSX, plus capture the sky. I know that it does not show off all of the features of the TSX. Point well taken though.

I am very happy with the AT. Lots of power, very smooth and for those times you feel like you want to have a little more control, or feel a little racier, or you want to set yourself up for a quick pass, the SS mode does it very well.

You can't go wrong in choosing a transmission with the TSX. I know that the MT guys say that the MT is the only way to go but if you are just doing normal driving most of the time, ehich most of us do, the AT is pretty sweet. (I drove standards for 25 years so I am not against them)

As I said before, you can't make a bad choice and if you choose the AT you won't be disappointed.

Excited
Old 12-31-2005, 04:44 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by calgary_tsx
Everyday I go out, I see a different shade of blue. I really do like it.

edited out a pic because I hadn't resized it, I have to add the powertoys to the new computer.

ps Feliz, you would be impressed. I'm now working on a wireless remote site in my house with wireless keyboard and mouse. The speed of the networked connection isn't bad. I get four bars out of five for signal strength.

Excited
Old 12-31-2005, 04:55 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by calgary_tsx
Here's today's pic with a nice blue. It was a very dull day light wise.

Excited
Old 01-01-2006, 07:33 PM
TSX4EVR

I walked out of the drug store and there was a hooded man looking at the front my TSX from about a foot away. I approached him and he looked up and said "Is this your car?" I said "Yes." He said that he really like the look of the car and really liked the front of it. I said that the car was only a couple of weeks old and the front had been redesigned for the 06. He replied "Sweet ride man, I love the colour. Nice car and I really like the rims"

I got into my TSX and he got into his car, a one year old blue Mazda 3. He continued to stare at the TSX as I backed up and pulled away.

It was my first experience of the TSX's "drool appeal".

ps I also like my rims and although I have nothing against the OEM 06 wheels, it will be tough to switch to them and the summer tires come the spring.

Excited
Old 01-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro

i was just thinking that as i was reading your other posts, that your winter rims are really nice, and how i wouldnt go back to OEM after winter.

Excited, do you have any cons or any complaints on how the car is treating you so far?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:29 PM
TSX4EVR

i was just thinking that as i was reading your other posts, that your winter rims are really nice, and how i wouldnt go back to OEM after winter.

Excited, do you have any cons or any complaints on how the car is treating you so far?
No cons or complaints. They need to do a minor fix to one of the console compartment doors but other than that the TSX has been everything I expected and more.

The sound system is better than I though it would be.

Lots of power. I'm about 75 kms (48 miles) away from the break in period being over, so I will be able to soon press a little harder on the pedal.

Ride is smooth and quiet. The HID lights are fantastic and the bluetooth and navi are terrific. Since I am the only person that has driven it haven't needed the memory seats yet, but the time will come. ( My wife and I have totally different seating positions.)

I wasn't really sure just how I would like the RBP until it arrived, but I am extremely pleased with the colour. Sometime I will be adding a M3 style spoiler and that should add the finishing touch.

And my wife has given her seal of approval so all is good.

I'm still waiting to take the perfect picture of the TSX as I was able to with my Escape, but that will come.

The plan with the wheels and tires was to have one set for the winter and one for the summer. In the perfect world I would sell my unused OEM wheels and tires and buy similar but better wheels to my winter wheeks and some of those really great Goodyear tires that were rated very highly in another thread. (can't recall the model off the top of my head)

Excited
Old 01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
TSX4EVR

Imageshack is still down for maintenance having passed two deadlines for being back up so I can't post my new pics.

I passed the 1000 km mark today so I am through the breakin period. I haven't stepped on it yet to test it out. I will likely wait for a real life reason to do it.

I haven't said anything about the fuel economy yet. I don't have any hard data yet, but my old car I would have refuel every 7 days. The TSX lasts me at least 10 days and likely more.

One of the reasons I bought a new car was improved gas mileage and I am already seeing it.

Excited
Old 01-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Imageshack is still down for maintenance having passed two deadlines for being back up so I can't post my new pics.

I passed the 1000 km mark today so I am through the breakin period. I haven't stepped on it yet to test it out. I will likely wait for a real life reason to do it.

I haven't said anything about the fuel economy yet. I don't have any hard data yet, but my old car I would have refuel every 7 days. The TSX lasts me at least 10 days and likely more.

One of the reasons I bought a new car was improved gas mileage and I am already seeing it.

Excited
what MPG are you getting?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Instructor

I walked out of the drug store and there was a hooded man looking at the front my TSX from about a foot away. I approached him and he looked up and said "Is this your car?" I said "Yes." He said that he really like the look of the car and really liked the front of it. I said that the car was only a couple of weeks old and the front had been redesigned for the 06. He replied "Sweet ride man, I love the colour. Nice car and I really like the rims"

I got into my TSX and he got into his car, a one year old blue Mazda 3. He continued to stare at the TSX as I backed up and pulled away.

It was my first experience of the TSX's "drool appeal".

ps I also like my rims and although I have nothing against the OEM 06 wheels, it will be tough to switch to them and the summer tires come the spring.

Excited
Let me know if you are thinking of getting rid of your 06 wheels...I happen to like them and wouldn't mind an extra set to mount snowies on.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:51 PM
TSX4EVR

Let me know if you are thinking of getting rid of your 06 wheels...I happen to like them and wouldn't mind an extra set to mount snowies on.
I will definitely keep you in mind. I haven't picked out new wheels yet but they would be similar to what I have. These are the tires that I would like:
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

I am the first to arrive at work in the morning. (4:50 am) and I end up parking closest to the walkway to the building. Everyone has to pass it, to get in and out of the office. The security guard also stations himself there. Today when I left work he told me that a lot of people had commented to him how much they like the car and how great it looked.

I also had three people come up to me today in the office and say how much they liked the car and liked the colour.

I don't need any reassurance in knowing that I have a great car, but it is kind of nice to receive it. More of the drool effect I guess.

Excited
Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Man, I wish *I* had a personal security officer to watch over my car at work.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by swirlie
Man, I wish *I* had a personal security officer to watch over my car at work.
I have given him orders to "Shoot to kill", if anyone mistreats my TSX.

Excited
Old 01-04-2006, 10:03 PM
TSX4EVR

Not trying to turn these thread into a tire and wheel thread however maybe one of these two wheels could be the new summer wheels to go along with the Eagle F1 GS D3:

http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/d...esc=&section=#

http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/d...desc=&section=

Excited
Old 01-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Instructor

I will definitely keep you in mind. I haven't picked out new wheels yet but they would be similar to what I have. These are the tires that I would like:
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

I am the first to arrive at work in the morning. (4:50 am) and I end up parking closest to the walkway to the building. Everyone has to pass it, to get in and out of the office. The security guard also stations himself there. Today when I left work he told me that a lot of people had commented to him how much they like the car and how great it looked.

I also had three people come up to me today in the office and say how much they liked the car and liked the colour.

I don't need any reassurance in knowing that I have a great car, but it is kind of nice to receive it. More of the drool effect I guess.

Excited
Man those are really aggressive looking treads!! They look expensive too. My vote is for the six spoke MOTEGI's

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"