Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by russ_777
Excited - thanks for snapping those interior shots.

I think I like the gauges better than the ones on the 04-05. If you get a chance it would also be interesting to see it with all the buttons, etc., lit.
I did try again. The buttons are easy to see in the car but they do not produce a lot of light, I will have to try slower shutter speeds tomorrow. They are fairly bright in the viewfinder but it does not reproduced properly. (They are actually worse other than the last one)

Excited
Old 12-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here are some

here are some very crappy pics of the RBP with parchment. Love it so far. I'll start my own thread for my opinions most likely.

http://image57.webshots.com/57/4/26/...9hULyNQ_ph.jpg

http://image53.webshots.com/153/4/26...2zikFHV_ph.jpg

http://image57.webshots.com/57/4/36/...0kfaauv_ph.jpg

http://image61.webshots.com/161/4/37...3lKTyYq_ph.jpg

http://image64.webshots.com/64/4/40/...4NbHFBH_ph.jpg

http://image54.webshots.com/54/4/32/...8UCglPL_ph.jpg

http://image51.webshots.com/51/4/46/...7YkINqg_ph.jpg
Old 12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by bradykp
How do ou post pics?
This thread is very helpful in how to post pics: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15224

Excited
Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Beauty is a curse...

Old 12-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Still Lovin my 06

attempt at a pic post

http://<a href="http://img471.images...ack.us" /></a>
Old 12-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Drifting

Congrats excited! I agree with everything you are saying about the RBP. I love mine. I think it and the Carbon Gray are the two best colors for the TSX. How do you like XM radio? I listen to mine every chance I get. The HandsFree Link is sick, eh? It used to be that I'd never buy another car without HID and Nav, and now I have to throw Bluetooth into that must-have category. It's amazing!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Still Lovin my 06

some pics to get started

well i finally got mine, i went with parchment:

Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Pro

I should've gone parchment with my NHB. It really gives it that look of elegance... then again it may just be the crap steel winter wheels on her that makes her look fugly right now. Just too much black on her

Was gonna put on the Tein H's that I've got but I'll prolly wait for winter to be over first. Dang'd snow!

Yah, the DRLs are just the high beams operating at low power. If you leave your HIDs on all the time though, even when you turn off the car, then I guess it's natural to assume they're your DRLs. My Philips Vision+ have been shipped and should get here next week or the week after.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by helraiser
I should've gone parchment with my NHB. It really gives it that look of elegance... then again it may just be the crap steel winter wheels on her that makes her look fugly right now. Just too much black on her
The salesman made a very good point. We were sitting there contemplating the Parchment, which they had at the dealership, or the ebony, which they said they'd be able to locate within a few days, since two nearby dealers had it. He pointed out that the contrast of the parchment would look really nice, and that wee might grow tired of the black on navy blue. (i really am beggining to think "royal" is just a word, not part of the color, because it's not at all "royal blue" kinda like nissan's "majestic blue")

anyways, i know he was just trying to get us to take the car they had in inventory, but it was a good point. when you think about it, it's nice to have contrasting seats to the paint.

not only gives a look of elegance, but it's a look i think will have a greater effect for a longer time.

still love ebony leather though.

i havent figured out how to post anything larger than the thumbnails. if anyone can help me become less of an idiot, pm me.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
^^Unless you happen to have a black on black combo. It just looks too cool. Now all I need is to get the windows tinted at some point.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
^^Unless you happen to have a black on black combo. It just looks too cool. Now all I need is to get the windows tinted at some point.
but i think it does get boring sometimes, too much of the same type is boring. but it does look cool. i think the contrast makes it stay exciting longer.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Still Lovin my 06

pics on real size, finally.

she's happier than she looks, caught her off guard, and we were very tired by now. already put on about 60 miles.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Pro

Exactly... the contrasting colors is what does it. I mean i've got a black on black and it's just weak. Then again I'm sure if I had the parchment I'd wish I had ebony but it just wouldn't lose its appeal as quickly as this B-B appears to be. Thank goodness for the car's pep... break-in period is moving along nicely and the engine doesn't whine as loudly as it did when I get up to the 4k rpm mark.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Instructor

Congrats brady KP. I think the parchment is a good contrast. Can you take a few more pics of interior?

I am really leaning towards RBP when I get mine in Feb. I was debating between the ASM and RBP but the blue just looks so classy and is still relatively rare compared to all the silver cars out there. So those of you with the RBP, do you find it gets dirty pretty easily, seeing that it is a rather dark colour?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Still Lovin my 06

dirty?

Originally Posted by TSXdawg
Congrats brady KP. I think the parchment is a good contrast. Can you take a few more pics of interior?

I am really leaning towards RBP when I get mine in Feb. I was debating between the ASM and RBP but the blue just looks so classy and is still relatively rare compared to all the silver cars out there. So those of you with the RBP, do you find it gets dirty pretty easily, seeing that it is a rather dark colour?

havent had a chance to test this, but excited's looks pretty clean with the snow on the road.

i started my own thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...347#post506347

i didn't want to hijack excited's excitement.

i'll take some more pics tonight, maybe pull it out on the street to get some more light.

Any special requests on the interior shots you want?

Post them in my thread and i'll try my best to comply!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Intermediate

I have a question on Excited's night-time interior shots. The navi looks like it has two modes, dim and bright...is that really the case? In some pics I'm seen the navi with beige/white background, and then in others a black background.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 01:37 PM
08 MDX with Sports

Yup night/day mode also 4-5 different color combos like grey/black red/blue etc...
Old 12-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Pink as a pistol

Originally Posted by sevans28
I have a question on Excited's night-time interior shots. The navi looks like it has two modes, dim and bright...is that really the case? In some pics I'm seen the navi with beige/white background, and then in others a black background.

Thanks

I think the NAVI enters a "dimmed" night mode when the headlights are turned on, when the headlights are off, the NAVI returns to its normal "day" mode. The setting can be adjusted to automatic, day or night in the settings menu.

BTW: Congrats on the car Excited. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for mine
Old 12-20-2005, 09:10 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Jason
Congrats excited! I agree with everything you are saying about the RBP. I love mine. I think it and the Carbon Gray are the two best colors for the TSX. How do you like XM radio? I listen to mine every chance I get. The HandsFree Link is sick, eh? It used to be that I'd never buy another car without HID and Nav, and now I have to throw Bluetooth into that must-have category. It's amazing!
Yea the car is pretty amazing. We don't have XM here yet, it should arrive later in the year. HID lights are a must have on any new vehicle, so is the bluetooth and the navi. The TSX has spoiled me for any future car purchases.

Excited
Old 12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Hondan53
BTW: Congrats on the car Excited. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for mine
Any word on it's pending arrival? What colour are you getting? MT or AT? nav or no nav?

Excited
Old 12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Pro

we just got XM here in montreal, it must be in for you too
Old 12-20-2005, 10:02 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Tintin
we just got XM here in montreal, it must be in for you too
Hmm, I guess you are right. They are on the air waves. http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/nationa...ch-051201.html

Canadian TSX's at the moment are still not arriving with it and it is rumored that they will I guess later in the year.

It might be a case of I don't know what I am missing, but I have trouble paying $13 bucks a month for airwaves that I have recieved all of my life for free. I know they are commercial free, but for me, ( my ) with the standard radio, my six CD player and my Ipod I have more than enough music to listen to on any trip.

I'm not knocking anyone's choice for going with it, but if XM radio had been an option, I would not have chose it. (and no I still don't have my 8 track player)

Excited
Old 12-21-2005, 01:57 AM
B A N N E D

i love that color, wish that was an option when i bought mine.
wow.
good luck with the car man.
try to get us some daylight pics.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Pro

I agree, even though i would love XM, i do not think i am ready to pay for it.
like you said, radio, 6CD + ipod = moooore than enough...
Does the Canadian TSX comes with an XM button though?

and do you mind taking some pics of your leather, and the inside of your door (where the window buttons are)
Old 12-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Pro

no XM button on canadian version. Just CD/AUX. I'm guessing they'll have some sort of a "Y-splitter" to double the AUX as an XM connection as well but you most likely wouldn't want to use the AUX input in the armrest storage bin as well as XM at the same time.

Then again, I'm no authority on the stuff.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Booya

she's happier than she looks, caught her off guard, and we were very tired by now. already put on about 60 miles.

Hey, I just saw 'Open Road Acura' marketed on the license plate. Did you buy it from OPen Road Acura of Wayne or East Brunswick ? And how much did you pay for it?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by dipkat
Hey, I just saw 'Open Road Acura' marketed on the license plate. Did you buy it from OPen Road Acura of Wayne or East Brunswick ? And how much did you pay for it?

wayne.

28,200 plus tax and 140 registration (PA) and $298 doc fee.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by TSXdawg

Sadly yes, it does get dirty. I've driven mine for 3 weeks to the day and because of the weather (mix of rain, tiny bit of slush, and rare sun) and the wetness of the road, you can see road splatter. The top half still looks relatively clean, but the door panels and mirrors are looking rather dirty. Though, looking head-on (when it's darker, as it always seems to be dark now), most people don't even notice the dirt until I complain that it's dirty.

So far the forecast is on and off rain for the foreseeable future... Let's hope it clears up during the holidays so I can give her a good wash... and freeze my ass off while doing it. It'll be worth it, though. RBP is absolutely amazing!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by swirlie
Sadly yes, it does get dirty. I've driven mine for 3 weeks to the day and because of the weather (mix of rain, tiny bit of slush, and rare sun) and the wetness of the road, you can see road splatter. The top half still looks relatively clean, but the door panels and mirrors are looking rather dirty. Though, looking head-on (when it's darker, as it always seems to be dark now), most people don't even notice the dirt until I complain that it's dirty.

So far the forecast is on and off rain for the foreseeable future... Let's hope it clears up during the holidays so I can give her a good wash... and freeze my ass off while doing it. It'll be worth it, though. RBP is absolutely amazing!
Thanks, that's what I thought. All dark colours tend to really show dirt. I suppose, it's important to get a good coat of wax on it in the summer when it warms up and then you just need to hose it off. Oh well, it is such a nice colour that it will be worth the effort.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:28 PM
TSX4EVR

I just posted on another post that it took five days before mine got a little dirty. Road and weather conditions will dictate just how quickly it will get dirty. Actually, I don't think that the RBP looks that bad dirty. Obviously it's better when it is clean, but there is not a lot of contrast between the dirt and the colour.

BTW - I think the silver is a great silver. Fate brought me to RBP which I think has a little more character, but ASM is also awesome.

Here's mine after five days of winter where the roads have been basically bare up to today: (flash, then no flash) (taken a little past dusk)

Excited
Old 12-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro

Swirlie... run that baby through the car wash then stay 50' behind cars and drive real slow! That's what I've been doing... no need for salt buildup here.

I've had to wash her just about every day on my way back from work using the car wash's wand wash (basically high powered jet spray that you hold - kinda like the Karcher stuff that crappy tire sells.)

Slap on some of that cheap wax, a touch of spot free rinse and i'm off to park her in the garage. You guys really have a sexy color for a car!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by helraiser
Swirlie... run that baby through the car wash then stay 50' behind cars and drive real slow! That's what I've been doing... no need for salt buildup here.

I've had to wash her just about every day on my way back from work using the car wash's wand wash (basically high powered jet spray that you hold - kinda like the Karcher stuff that crappy tire sells.)

Slap on some of that cheap wax, a touch of spot free rinse and i'm off to park her in the garage. You guys really have a sexy color for a car!
I have washed my Escape at least once a week for the last five years and have always used the wand wash, but I have never used the wax spray there. Have you ever tried it?

My TSX will be due for a wash at the end of the week, just in time for Christmas!

Excited
Old 12-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I've always washed my cars by hand.. but I could get away with less washings with my old Milano Red Civic. That colour hides dirt really well! But damn, once it's clean, it shines like crazy.

I might check out the wand washes... but the weather is looking like rain for the foreseeable future. Not a big reason to wash it as it'll only get really dirty again as soon as I drive away from the wash.

helraiser, have you tried any of the Karchers or other portable pressure washers?

One good thing about all the rain... When wet, the dirt on the royal blue just disappears.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Pro

heh, nope, haven't tried the Karchers although this year I'm probably going to have to buy one. Swirl marks - dirt too - kinda stand out on black (another reason why i've been doing the wand wash.)

The spray on wax works great. I usually blast it on then just use the spotless rinse for the nice sheeting effect. It really shines, well on the black at least. It also repells a lil' bit of water, even the grimey stuff.

Only downside is there's no drier. Still the spotless rinse works great cuz it dries off on its own without leaving spots.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:17 PM
TSX4EVR

Walked out of the office and there is my TSX, parked first in the parking lot, and it is looking fantastic. Two women walk by and one of them takes a double take at the car. Not that it is important, but I'm likin it.

The power is so smooth and it is at the ready. Cruising down the road, listening to the upbeat tunes my daughter put on my Ipod. It just doesn't get any better than this. Ahhhhhh!

I still haven't washed it because it is still looking pretty fine! I lucked out with the weather and the weather forecast looks great for the next several days.

I learnt a few more voice commands today and also learnt that the console top slides out to give you a little better arm rest. (I still have some of the manual still to read and lots of the navi manual to read.)

The Ipod sounded better today, but I am looking forward to the Acura Music Link connection just to control the Ipod better and to get even better sound quality.

I waiting for my M3 spoiler to arrive again. Should have pics of it early in the New Year.

Excited
Old 12-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by excited
Walked out of the office and there is my TSX, parked first in the parking lot, and it is looking fantastic. Two women walk by and one of them takes a double take at the car. Not that it is important, but I'm likin it.

The power is so smooth and it is at the ready. Cruising down the road, listening to the upbeat tunes my daughter put on my Ipod. It just doesn't get any better than this. Ahhhhhh!

I still haven't washed it because it is still looking pretty fine! I lucked out with the weather and the weather forecast looks great for the next several days.

I learnt a few more voice commands today and also learnt that the console top slides out to give you a little better arm rest. (I still have some of the manual still to read and lots of the navi manual to read.)

The Ipod sounded better today, but I am looking forward to the Acura Music Link connection just to control the Ipod better and to get even better sound quality.

I waiting for my M3 spoiler to arrive again. Should have pics of it early in the New Year.

Excited

so what are you using to connect the ipod? i went to Target today and all i saw was the monster cable hookups to plug into a stereo (AV wires that plug into the headphone jack). is there something else?

that armrest feature is money.

also, i saw the gas tank is 17.1 gallons, yet only got about 350/360 miles out of the tank....not liking that. (though when i filled up, it only took 13 gallons, and it claimed i was on E with 25 miles remaining)????
Old 12-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Have camera, will travel

^^^Bradykp, you'll find that the low fuel indicator comes on pretty early in the TSX. As much as 4-5 gallons before you think you should run out of gas. You'll get used to it after a while.

If your fuel mileage isn't that good right now, you may find it gets better as the engine runs in. Are you calculating the mileage yourself or relying on the nav system to do it? I don't think the nav is very accurate as reported by other owners.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
so what are you using to connect the ipod? ...........is here something else?..........that armrest feature is money.
the best thing is a connector that plugs into the bottom plug (not the headphone jack) that terminates in a mini-phono plug. You can then plug this into the jack in the center armrest. I'd recommend against the headphone jack since this goes through the i-pods pre-amp and takes a little away from the sound quality.

Also, if you went 350 miles and put in 13 gallons, that's 25 mpg, not bad on a new engine.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:48 PM
TSX4EVR

so what are you using to connect the ipod? i went to Target today and all i saw was the monster cable hookups to plug into a stereo (AV wires that plug into the headphone jack). is there something else?

that armrest feature is money.

also, i saw the gas tank is 17.1 gallons, yet only got about 350/360 miles out of the tank....not liking that. (though when i filled up, it only took 13 gallons, and it claimed i was on E with 25 miles remaining)????
This thread, page three may help or may confuse.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=27366&page=3

Excited
Old 12-24-2005, 12:39 AM
TSX4EVR

Finally washed my TSX today. While washing it I really appreciated the colour and the lines of the TSX.

The other thing I really noticed is how short the TSX is. I have spent the last five years washing my Escape where washing the roof was always a challenge. (I am vertically challenged). It was easy to wash the entire TSX.

I have also noticed how short the TSX is compared to the Escape when you come up to a drive in OTM machine or resturant. I used to reach straight out or down and now I am reaching way up.

I'm approaching 500 km (312.5 mi). 500 more kms to go before it is broken in.

Love my Royal Blue Pearl TSX!!!!!!

Excited

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"