Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dom
I was kidding. When someone says 06 wheels are nicer than 04/05 wheels thats IMO crossing the line.

I really have not idea what went on in this thread up til yesterday really but I doubt it deserves closure.
What? 24 pages of RBP :gheyhug: isn't enough?
Old 03-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Overlord

:ibdomissecretlyanRBPsympathizer:

Old 03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by excited
In Canada we don't have the XM antenna. Hmmm, any other differences? I'm not aware of any.

Excited
Colour? IBP was only offered in... don't remember if it was 04 or 05. ABP isn't available for 06 in Canada.

I see a bunch of 04/05s on the road now. Usually see at least one a day. Though, I have yet to see another 06! As far as I know, my car is still unique. Doubly so for being a new colour.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Pro

Do not lock this thread. This thread > *

...yes there is a way to tell from a 04-05 CDN tsx. Look inside, if he has nav then it's an 05. but do not fear that is not the only way to tell. another way is to look at the buttons on the steering wheel. If they are silver it is an 04, if it's blackish its 05. 05-06 have dark buttons on the steering wheel (you know for the volume, etc...) and 04 has the silver.

here ya go!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by Tintin
You all got lucky.

Dom is your sugar daddy. You better get down and because he protected your thread from the ninjas... for NOW. Eventually even HE will get tired of this thread.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

...yes there is a way to tell from a 04-05 CDN tsx. Look inside, if he has nav then it's an 05. but do not fear that is not the only way to tell. another way is to look at the buttons on the steering wheel. If they are silver it is an 04, if it's blackish its 05. 05-06 have dark buttons on the steering wheel (you know for the volume, etc...) and 04 has the silver.

here ya go!
Only problem with that is that it's rather difficult when you only see the vehicle in motion and at a distance! You also have the green ignition ring on the early 04s.
Speaking of green... I wish the light in the storage bin above the not-an-ashtray was not that weak, sickly green. It should either be the stronger, brighter green of the backlit buttons, or the blue of the ambiance lighting.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by swirlie
Only problem with that is that it's rather difficult when you only see the vehicle in motion and at a distance! You also have the green ignition ring on the early 04s.
Speaking of green... I wish the light in the storage bin above the not-an-ashtray was not that weak, sickly green. It should either be the stronger, brighter green of the backlit buttons, or the blue of the ambiance lighting.
o, i thought he wanted to find out about the car that is in his parking lot...in motion is really impossible for 04-05.

love thee TsX
Old 03-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
can't whore up the other thread cuz it got DELETED!!....but can't whore up this thread either....life sucks...
Old 03-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
can't whore up the other thread cuz it got DELETED!!....but can't whore up this thread either....life sucks...
Yeah, who did that? At least be man enough to own up to it. I swear, you try to have a little bit of fun on the forum from time to time and somebody decides to be a butthead about it. If you're going to delete PW threads, then delete them ALL, this one included. I mean, WTH?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
See what the hell is up with the trashing of these threads?

Seriously, the next PW thread in TSX section will result in a post count reset for all the PW's involved.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:54 PM
TSX4EVR

here ya go!
Thanks this will help identify the car in the parking lot. On the road they will just all have to be just fabulous TSX's.

Washed my car again. 3 times in 3 nights. I can't wait for the roads to dry up from the snow melt and the street cleaners clean up the sand. I also can't wait for it to get warm enough to be able to hand wash and wax the TSX.

BTW - what does the PW stand for in a PW thread?

Excited
Old 03-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro

I was wondering the same, what is "PW"?!

...anyway, we have been getting amazing weather here in montreal (+20 today!) and they were washing the roads.
All good signs!

I think it's time i go out and buy myself the nicest car on the market, TSX!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Have camera, will travel

^^PW = post whore, someone who posts just to up their post count.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Have camera, will travel

I was wondering the same, what is "PW"?!

...anyway, we have been getting amazing weather here in montreal (+20 today!) and they were washing the roads.
All good signs!

I think it's time i go out and buy myself the nicest car on the market, TSX!
Tintin, you don't have a TSX yet? Get on it boy! When's the big day?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
See what the hell is up with the trashing of these threads?

Seriously, the next PW thread in TSX section will result in a post count reset for all the PW's involved.
What if we posted in the thread before it turned into a PW thread?? or what if we don't know if it's a PW thread or not?? I guess the starter SHOULD POST PW THREAD in the title~
Old 04-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Pro

Does it make a difference how many times you post?
if you have 500 or 2000, does the more you have unlock secret hidden threads or no difference? I dont see a point on being a "PW"

...yes, i still do not own a TSX, i think i am getting one soon, as i am starting a new job in a week. Even though i could have, i did not want to get one until i have the right job.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
What if we posted in the thread before it turned into a PW thread?? or what if we don't know if it's a PW thread or not?? I guess the starter SHOULD POST PW THREAD in the title~
I'd post to my own PW thread.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

...yes, i still do not own a TSX, i think i am getting one soon, as i am starting a new job in a week. Even though i could have, i did not want to get one until i have the right job.
You definitely need to get one soon, Tintin. You're rivaling excited in number of posts before actually getting a TSX.
That sounds like a good idea.. as long as you aren't depending heavily on the new job to make payments.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Drifting

if you have 500 or 2000, does the more you have unlock secret hidden threads or no difference? I dont see a point on being a "PW"

wow..you don't have a TSX and have over 300 posts?? hahaha, no offence, but i mean, i see people w/ no TSX, they just lurk. I don't even know about forums until i got my car....but anyways.......

YES!! getting more posts unlocks secret power to members so all the threads will be different and full of naked chicks!!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Pro

No, i am not depending on the new job for the car.

...i was researching cars and found this forum, which made me concolude that the TSX is the right car for me. Knowing in the back of my head i will one day own one, i decided to stay here and act like i am part of the family.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
TSX4EVR

Tintin, smart decision to buy the car when you are in the best position to do so.

A lot of posts before you actually get it, shows your passion and your desire to make an informed decision. You have a little ways to go before you reach my 425 virginity posts.

Went golfing yesterday. I picked up my buddy and when I opened up the truck to throw in his clubs, he said "Wow, big trunk!". His clubs fit easily with mine. At the end of the round we both had dirty golf shoes. I told him don't worry just put them in the trunk. The cargo tray is a must for keeping the trunk clean and it makes it easy to vacumn whatever dirt or grass that gets in there.

The course we played was on temporary greens and they had removed the snow from a portion of the fairways. It was kind of cool playing with snow bordering either side of the fairway. You had to be super accurate to keep the ball on the fairway as the rough was a little trickier than usual with the snow. The water hazards weren't much of a problem as the ball stayed dry on the ice.

Sun burned faced Excited
Old 04-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Have camera, will travel

Tintin, smart decision to buy the car when you are in the best position to do so.

A lot of posts before you actually get it, shows your passion and your desire to make an informed decision. You have a little ways to go before you reach my 425 virginity posts.

Went golfing yesterday. I picked up my buddy and when I opened up the truck to throw in his clubs, he said "Wow, big trunk!". His clubs fit easily with mine. At the end of the round we both had dirty golf shoes. I told him don't worry just put them in the trunk. The cargo tray is a must for keeping the trunk clean and it makes it easy to vacumn whatever dirt or grass that gets in there.

The course we played was on temporary greens and they had removed the snow from a portion of the fairways. It was kind of cool playing with snow bordering either side of the fairway. You had to be super accurate to keep the ball on the fairway as the rough was a little trickier than usual with the snow. The water hazards weren't much of a problem as the ball stayed dry on the ice.

Sun burned faced Excited
Old 04-02-2006, 09:25 PM
TSX4EVR

I switched over to my OEM wheels today, washed it (surprise) and use a little Meguiars quik detail spray to shine it up a little. Here's a few pics with the new wheels for me:

Love Royal Blue Pearl

Excited
Old 04-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro

Still Gorgeous!

Any difference in the drive with the oem tires/rims?

...i am so close on getting the TSX, but i just keep having this thing in my head where i am not worthy of a TSX!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
TSX4EVR

Still Gorgeous!

Any difference in the drive with the oem tires/rims?

...i am so close on getting the TSX, but i just keep having this thing in my head where i am not worthy of a TSX!
I'm not sure if it is just in my head but the OEM seem gripper. They are just as quiet. I haven't really put them to the test yet. The roads right now are dry and dusty. The amount of snow that has disappeared in the last three days is amazing.

Tintin, you are worthy of a TSX. The one thing that I have learnt over the years is that you only live once and you need to treat yourself every once in a while.

Now if you really can't afford it then that's okay, but if you can, treat yourself, because the TSX is a treat.

Excited
Old 04-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Just dial 1911

Yup, your probably not.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by joerockt
Yup, your probably not.
What's that word again... Oh yes, fucktard!

I agree with excited. Hurry up and get the TSX! I had a perfectly good car, but I upgraded. Something more mature, and yet still more fun. Plus, I keep my cars for a long time. If marriage and a family sneaks up on me, I'll be prepared in the vehicle department.

And if you don't think you're worthy, you can do all you can to appease the TSX gods... like wash her everyday. Isn't that right, excited?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Pro

hehe, i wish excited lived in montreal, i would wash his car every day!
Old 04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Banned

Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
TSX4EVR

hehe, i wish excited lived in montreal, i would wash his car every day!

Rats, I left the Montreal area 7 years too early. LOL

Excited
Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Pro

Come back,
We got two taxes, all our gov papers are in french, we got so many pot holes, traffic ALL the time. Why would anyone leave!?

hehe, i am mess'n, i love it here in Montreal!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by swirlie
What's that word again... Oh yes, fucktard!
Now you got it!
Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 PM
TSX4EVR

Come back,
We got two taxes, all our gov papers are in french, we got so many pot holes, traffic ALL the time. Why would anyone leave!?

hehe, i am mess'n, i love it here in Montreal!
As beautiful as Montreal and Quebec are, ahhhhh the taxes. Man, if you ever moved out here you would feel like you won the lottery. You might be looking at the RL instead of the TSX.

The difference in my take home pay when I came out here was amazing. Hurry on out here. If you don't mind a little isolation, work in the oil fields and become very rich.

Excited
Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
As beautiful as Montreal and Quebec are, ahhhhh the taxes. Man, if you ever moved out here you would feel like you won the lottery. You might be looking at the RL instead of the TSX.

The difference in my take home pay when I came out here was amazing. Hurry on out here. If you don't mind a little isolation, work in the oil fields and become very rich.

Excited
Funny I come back in this thread (wondering why it is still going) and this is the last post. I have actually been thinking about moving out to Alberta excited. I think I will end up staying put, but something is tugging on me to go out west. Has something to do with proximity to mountains/skiing/beautiful Western Canada.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:59 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by West6MT
Funny I come back in this thread (wondering why it is still going) and this is the last post. I have actually been thinking about moving out to Alberta excited. I think I will end up staying put, but something is tugging on me to go out west. Has something to do with proximity to mountains/skiing/beautiful Western Canada.

I think that it is the Prosperity checkes we keep getting that is tugging on you.

Perhaps it is the much lower house prices, no rush hour, clean air or the hot ski bunnies

or that it is a great place to view RBP TSX's.

Excited
Old 04-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Pro

To be honest, i would LOVE to move to Alberta. Went there in Nov, loved it. Everytime we (my cousin and i) went shopping or anywhere to buy anything, we would be like "everything is on sale, cause there is only 1 tax!" was amazing.

I am in a real serious relationship, i do not think i can leave for Alberta, and since she is doing her PHD, she is pretty much stuck in Montreal till she finishes.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Senior Moderator

I think that it is the Prosperity checkes we keep getting that is tugging on you.

Perhaps it is the much lower house prices, no rush hour, clean air or the hot ski bunnies

or that it is a great place to view RBP TSX's.

Excited
You are not helping,.........haha. Yes,...those reasons help too,...ESP clean air and hot ski bunnies.

What are CHECKS,...........you mean CHEQUES right,.............being Canadian and all.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Senior Moderator

To be honest, i would LOVE to move to Alberta. Went there in Nov, loved it. Everytime we (my cousin and i) went shopping or anywhere to buy anything, we would be like "everything is on sale, cause there is only 1 tax!" was amazing.

I am in a real serious relationship, i do not think i can leave for Alberta, and since she is doing her PHD, she is pretty much stuck in Montreal till she finishes.
Wish I still had that problem ^^. X1000000000000000000000000
Old 04-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by West6MT
Wish I still had that problem ^^. X1000000000000000000000000
Which prob? the relationship or the phd?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Sorry to divert this thread back to its original subject...but I have news!!! It's here! It's here!! My RBP/6MT/Navi has arrived and I go pick it up tomorrow...maybe or Saturday at the latest. It's only been a four-month wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Thanks to you fellow RBPrs who turned me on to the color.

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"