Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Trophyhead!

Cant wait to see some of your pics under the utah light
Old 04-06-2006, 10:55 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Trophyhead
Sorry to divert this thread back to its original subject...but I have news!!! It's here! It's here!! My RBP/6MT/Navi has arrived and I go pick it up tomorrow...maybe or Saturday at the latest. It's only been a four-month wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Thanks to you fellow RBPrs who turned me on to the color.
Congratulations, I can't wait to see your RBP TSX. It's going to look fantastic.

Excited
Old 04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Have camera, will travel

Sorry to divert this thread back to its original subject...but I have news!!! It's here! It's here!! My RBP/6MT/Navi has arrived and I go pick it up tomorrow...maybe or Saturday at the latest. It's only been a four-month wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Trophyhead, congrats!

And let me be the first to say

Old 04-06-2006, 11:53 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by West6MT
You are not helping,.........haha. Yes,...those reasons help too,...ESP clean air and hot ski bunnies.

What are CHECKS,...........you mean CHEQUES right,.............being Canadian and all.

Yea Cheques, long days at work lately.

Been thinking about trying the California Car Duster. The roads are pretty dusty around here and after a few days the TSX can get dusty but not necessary dirty. I few wipes and it can be clean again.

I know some have fears that it may scratch the paint but I have read a number of testimonials where people swear by it. I have never used one before, but think that I will try it.

Our snow is virtually all gone now and a good sign was that I saw the first street cleaner today.

Had another guy come up to me today and comment on how clean my TSX looks everyday and that he really loved the colour. (He said tha he thought that he was a fanatic but I have him beat all to hec) He went test driving a TSX the other day and really loved the car.

Excited
Old 04-06-2006, 11:59 PM
TSX4EVR

Off Topic (as tough as that is to believe)

WaTSX - off topic - any must sees in Washington State and any reasonably priced golf courses you might recommend? I will be passing through there in May. I thought that we might take the TSX over to see Mt. St. Helens.

Thanks

Excited
Old 04-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by excited
Yea Cheques, long days at work lately.

Been thinking about trying the California Car Duster. The roads are pretty dusty around here and after a few days the TSX can get dusty but not necessary dirty. I few wipes and it can be clean again.

I know some have fears that it may scratch the paint but I have read a number of testimonials where people swear by it. I have never used one before, but think that I will try it.

Our snow is virtually all gone now and a good sign was that I saw the first street cleaner today.

Had another guy come up to me today and comment on how clean my TSX looks everyday and that he really loved the colour. (He said tha he thought that he was a fanatic but I have him beat all to hec) He went test driving a TSX the other day and really loved the car.

Excited
You can also give your car a fast QD (quick detail) using a QD'er and a good MF once or twice as week as well. It will help keep your sealant and/or wax in good condition and your car looking clean.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Advanced

Ugh - I took my car in a few weeks ago to fix the rattle from the steering wheel column. It was gone for a few days, and then it started to come back. You could hear it when I went over large bumps. So, I took it in again this week. I took a ridealong w/ the technician and he said that there's nothing they can really do about it b/c other TSXs have the same problem. He told me that if it happens all the time, take it in.

It sucks b/c when I'm driving in the morning to work, the rattle comes back w/ a vengeance.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Congrats! Now we just need to get Tintin to get his...

Originally Posted by Gooker1
Ugh - I took my car in a few weeks ago to fix the rattle from the steering wheel column. It was gone for a few days, and then it started to come back. You could hear it when I went over large bumps. So, I took it in again this week. I took a ridealong w/ the technician and he said that there's nothing they can really do about it b/c other TSXs have the same problem. He told me that if it happens all the time, take it in.

It sucks b/c when I'm driving in the morning to work, the rattle comes back w/ a vengeance.
I noticed a rattle coming from the front passenger seat... but then I looked over and it was just my Nalgene bottle clicking against some plastic on my backpack...
But I am starting to notice an occasional squeak from the moonroof when it's cold outside.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Pro

The RPB killer in the heart of dirtyville. Pictures taken from my office window

the NBP strikes back!
Old 04-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Pro

Oh, and she's tucked away for summer. Will only be brought out when it's raining or if it's too cold to ride the sportbike...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:07 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Gooker1

Sorry about your rattle, I wish I could magically take it away.

My TSX has been perfect other than the seat sqeak which disappears once they lubricate the seat hinge. I have a new hinge coming.

Excited
Old 04-07-2006, 11:09 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by helraiser

the NBP strikes back!
Tomorrow after my polish and wax job I will show some pics that show that RBP still rules. lol

On a side note, I justed wanted to comment on how well the homelink works. That sucker opens my garage door from a block away. Much greater range than the remote that came with the garage door. (I have my father's and daughter's garage doors memorized as well.

Excited
Old 04-08-2006, 07:16 PM
TSX4EVR

the NBP strikes back!
Well, I hand washed and did Meguiars setp 1 paint cleaner, step 2 polish and NXT generation wax to get her nice and shiny. For the balance of the summer I will just wash and wax her. ( I did one dumb thing as I got some wax under the edge of the clear bra and rubbed a little too hard to get it out. I marked the clear bra and I'm not sure how much that will bug me. I may be asking for help on how to remove one section of the clear bra.

But it does look great. The paint cleaner and polish got out a lot of little scratches and one bigger one that I got on my west coast trip.

The RBP still rules!

Excited
Old 04-09-2006, 10:18 PM
TSX4EVR

I have become a firm believer in the California water blade. I have used it the last several times that I have washed my TSX and it works fantastic. It removes over 90% of the water and I just need two or three small towels to finish drying it off.

I needed to give it a quick wash after driving through the rain this morning. I need it to look nice and shiny for tomorrow at work. I have to maintain the myth that TSX's always look amazing.

My neighbour just recently purchased a BMW. I haven't had a good look at it yet as he keeps it in the garage and we work different hours.

He was bragging how he got 35 miles/gal (imp) on a recent trip. I didn't want to sound like I was one upping him, but I diplomatically mentioned that my TSX got over 42 miles/gal on my recent trip.

Excited
Old 04-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Have camera, will travel

I have become a firm believer in the California water blade. I have used it the last several times that I have washed my TSX and it works fantastic. It removes over 90% of the water and I just need two or three small towels to finish drying it off.

I needed to give it a quick wash after driving through the rain this morning. I need it to look nice and shiny for tomorrow at work. I have to maintain the myth that TSX's always look amazing.

My neighbour just recently purchased a BMW. I haven't had a good look at it yet as he keeps it in the garage and we work different hours.

He was bragging how he got 35 miles/gal (imp) on a recent trip. I didn't want to sound like I was one upping him, but I diplomatically mentioned that my TSX got over 42 miles/gal on my recent trip.

Excited
I love that thing. Been using it for a couple of years now and swear by it. Really cuts down on drying time.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:56 PM
TSX4EVR

"Oh yea, I have a sun roof"

I purchased my 06 TSX in December so the thought of using the sun roof has not been one that has stayed in my frontal lobe.

Today I was driving, it was a nice spring day and I was noticing that a few of the convertables had their tops down. I thought that it was a little early in the year, but felt that it must be nice to feel the fresh air.

Then I said " Oh yea, I have a sun roof". Needless to say I quickly opened it and enjoyed the last little bit of my drive home.

I guess spring is here.

Excited
Old 04-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Pro

did the light going through the open sunroof bother your vision with the navigation?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:05 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Tintin
did the light going through the open sunroof bother your vision with the navigation?
I didn't have the navi on at the time. I will check it out the next time that I try it.

Excited
Old 04-12-2006, 09:15 PM
TSX4EVR

Sorry I forgot to the turn the navi on when I had my sunroof open today. One interesting thing, when I actually first had my sunroof open on the Sunshine Coast in BC there was a reverberation sound in the car from the air.

The last two times there has been no reverb sound, despite going over 100 km (60 mph). I'm not sure what was up on the Sunshine coast. Sea level? Maybe I didn't have it all the way open?

Bought the California Car Duster today. You have to let it dry out for 48 hours before trying it out. I guess the first few times it may leave streaks of wax but then work flawlessly. I will let you all know how it works out.

Today was the first day the driving range opened up at my golf club. Walking off the range I looked at my TSX in the fading afternoon light. It looked super fantastic. I fell in love with the colour all over again and with the look of the TSX.

Excited
Old 04-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Did it the other day. If the sun is directly overhead it can glare on the navi screen, making it virtually unreadable. If the sunroof is closed, it's no problem. The tint of the glass cuts the glare to acceptable levels.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Sorry I forgot to the turn the navi on when I had my sunroof open today. One interesting thing, when I actually first had my sunroof open on the Sunshine Coast in BC there was a reverberation sound in the car from the air.

The last two times there has been no reverb sound, despite going over 100 km (60 mph). I'm not sure what was up on the Sunshine coast. Sea level? Maybe I didn't have it all the way open?
Did you have your windows open? How much and in what combination? There are a lot of factors, though, like air density/temperature and vehicle/wind speed/direction. Objects in the car can also help to disturb the airflow that's causing the reverb. It hasn't happened in my TSX, but I've had it with my old Civic. It only occurred with a certain combination of speed and window position.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:17 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by swirlie
Did you have your windows open? How much and in what combination? There are a lot of factors, though, like air density/temperature and vehicle/wind speed/direction. Objects in the car can also help to disturb the airflow that's causing the reverb. It hasn't happened in my TSX, but I've had it with my old Civic. It only occurred with a certain combination of speed and window position.

That's an interesting thought, I had the rear seats down, perhaps that altered the air flow.

I was driving home tonight from floor hockey and I heard someone yelling and I look over and it was the salesman who sold me my car. We got stop beside each other at three street lights and had a good chat at each of them. Small world.

Nothing special planned for the TSX this weekend. It will just have to look it's best at the golf course parking lot.

Excited
Old 04-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm thinking i'll wash the car this weekend again, still haven't clayed and waxed it, but looking forward to doing it some weekend soon.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:56 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

If the glare on your nav screen is too bright try changing the color to blue -- that helps a lot for me.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think everybody's RBP TSXs are getting dirty - it's been over 12 hours since they were washed. Time to wash them and post more pictures!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
^^
Old 04-14-2006, 05:49 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
I think everybody's RBP TSXs are getting dirty - it's been over 12 hours since they were washed. Time to wash them and post more pictures!
Don't get too shocked, I actually haven't washed my TSX in almost 24 hrs.

I did try out the California Car Duster. The TSX wasn't super dusty, but it worked really well picking up the dust that was there. I was quite impressed on how well it worked.

California water blade

California car duster

Upcoming California trip

Excited
Old 04-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Advanced

hey excited,

does your wife ever get jealous of your TSX? my gf gets jealous sometimes and I don't think I over-indulge about my car as much as you do with yours....

anyways, i like reading this thread.. keep it up!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:46 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by JB_TSX
hey excited,

does your wife ever get jealous of your TSX? my gf gets jealous sometimes and I don't think I over-indulge about my car as much as you do with yours....

anyways, i like reading this thread.. keep it up!!!

She rolls her eyes when I start talking about the TSX. She laughs when at 8:30 at night I say that I am going to get gas, when she knows that I am going to get the TSX washed. It is a running joke.

However she does think the TSX is a great car. She always has a positive thing to say about it when we go out in it. She has never driven it yet though.

And she does love the colour!

Excited
Old 04-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Pro

took your advice and bought the cali water blade. Gonna try it out tomorrow. crappy tire didn't have the duster so i'll try the other store (only 2 crappy tires in s'toon.)

I take my baby in this saturday for a professional wax to try and get some of those swirls out.

It's been rough. I hate neglecting the car but we have such a short spring/summer/fall that I've gotta get the bike out whenever i can.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:32 AM
TSX4EVR

took your advice and bought the cali water blade. Gonna try it out tomorrow. crappy tire didn't have the duster so i'll try the other store (only 2 crappy tires in s'toon.)

I take my baby in this saturday for a professional wax to try and get some of those swirls out.

It's been rough. I hate neglecting the car but we have such a short spring/summer/fall that I've gotta get the bike out whenever i can.
RBP is not immune to the swirls, just the same as any dark coloured car. I have avoided using the brush at the jet wash locations since my first detail. I found Meguiars step 1 and 2 really helped removed what swirls I had.

I was a little leary about the water blade at first but after I saw the Acura guy use it I gave it a good try. A few broad strokes removes the water from the roof, hood and trunk. A few swipes on the windows and sides and almost all of the water is gone.

I woke up early to go hit some balls and I awoke to snow flurries. What snow stayed likely won't last the morning.

Excited
Old 04-18-2006, 11:02 PM
TSX4EVR

I got the "Tighten Fuel Cap" message on the mid. I did a search on it and it seems that I have to wait a few days for it to disappear.

Saw a NXT today. That's a once a year sighting here. It was kind of neat seeing the Acura logo on it. Made me fell like we were family, although I guess I would be the poor 2nd cousin.

Tried the California car duster again today and once again I was really pleased with it.

I'm really liking the sunroof. I haven't had one since my Prelude in 1985. I can see using it alot. It doesn't get too humid here so it is a good alternative to air conditioning.

Excited
Old 04-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Usually those are supposed to go away with a "few driving cycles".

NXT? Do you mean NSX?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Pro

That's what I was wondering too. I bought the Cali car duster after your suggestion on the water blade - which is phoenomenal by the way. I've chucked out my "absorber cloth" and use this one instead.

I got the duster to see if I could get the dust off the paint without having to go thru a wash and rinse her... not sure but I think there may have been some minor scratches left from it - and wasn't applying any pressure.

Anyway, she's going in for a wax on saturday to get the swirls out. Never again. I'll prolly keep the absorber cloth as a wash pad or something
Old 04-19-2006, 10:03 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by swirlie
Usually those are supposed to go away with a "few driving cycles".

NXT? Do you mean NSX?
The "Tighten Fuel Cap" went away part way through today. (The third day)

duh yea NSX! When you only see it once a year you can mix up the alphabet.

Excited
Old 04-19-2006, 10:05 PM
TSX4EVR

That's what I was wondering too. I bought the Cali car duster after your suggestion on the water blade - which is phoenomenal by the way. I've chucked out my "absorber cloth" and use this one instead.

I got the duster to see if I could get the dust off the paint without having to go thru a wash and rinse her... not sure but I think there may have been some minor scratches left from it - and wasn't applying any pressure.

Anyway, she's going in for a wax on saturday to get the swirls out. Never again. I'll prolly keep the absorber cloth as a wash pad or something
Did you read the instructions with the duster. You are suppose to let it sit for 48 hours before using and it mentioned that you may get some wax streaks for the first couple of uses.

Mine has been great so far.

Excited
Old 04-20-2006, 11:01 PM
TSX4EVR

Finally the guy at floor hockey brought his Indigo Blue TSX and I didn't bring the camera, but he did park beside me and we had a good opportunity after floor hockey to compare the colours and cars.

The colours are very, very close. There was a slight difference but many people would say that they were the same colour.

What struck me most of all is how much the shape of the tail end of the TSX has changed. With the colours being so close the difference in the shape was magnified.

Excited
Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Pro

Which looked better?
be honest now!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:37 PM
TSX4EVR

Which looked better?
be honest now!
Mine was shinier so I give the edge to RBP! lol

I also prefer the 06 tail end, they did some right things in the little exterior changes on the 06. (Some might claim that I'm a litle biased)

Excited
Old 04-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned

hmm this thread seems to have the potential of beating the page count of that bysin thread

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"