Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ LOL, and why not!

i never knew they changed the taillights of the 04/05 for the 06 model.
Got side by side pics?
Old 04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fuckleberry
hmm this thread seems to have the potential of beating the page count of that bysin thread

I can't believe how much play this thread is getting.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Pro

Instructions? um... I'd have to go and see if I still have that. I prolly chuked it out. I basically bought the duster, walked outta CT and went to dust off my car. It dusted well but then I saw what looked like scratches.

I'm kinda nervous to use it again. Maybe I'll use it on the interior to break it in.

This thread is teh r0ck!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by excited
WaTSX - off topic - any must sees in Washington State and any reasonably priced golf courses you might recommend? I will be passing through there in May. I thought that we might take the TSX over to see Mt. St. Helens.

Thanks

Excited
Excited, I just came across this post. I'm a golfer of sorts (duffer), but not enough of one to recommend much more than a couple of local public courses. Maybe a Google search would come up with more? Wish I could be more helpful. If I come across any before May, I'll post them or PM you.

Mt St Helens, though, is an excellent destination, especially on a clear day. Rainier, too, but it usually June-July before you can drive all the way around it. Lots of good drives in WA, especially if one owns a TSX
Old 04-21-2006, 09:42 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by waTSX
Excited, I just came across this post. I'm a golfer of sorts (duffer), but not enough of one to recommend much more than a couple of local public courses. Maybe a Google search would come up with more? Wish I could be more helpful. If I come across any before May, I'll post them or PM you.

Mt St Helens, though, is an excellent destination, especially on a clear day. Rainier, too, but it usually June-July before you can drive all the way around it. Lots of good drives in WA, especially if one owns a TSX
Thanks for the tips and the links on the private message. I'm looking forward to seeing Washington, Oregon and N. Cal and looking forward to driving the TSX through them and taking lots of pics. Perhaps I will find the perfect setting and the perfect lighting that I have been searching for, to get a super picture of the TSX.

I am looking forward to seeing the Mt. Helens area.

Excited
Old 04-21-2006, 09:48 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by helraiser
Instructions? um... I'd have to go and see if I still have that. I prolly chuked it out. I basically bought the duster, walked outta CT and went to dust off my car. It dusted well but then I saw what looked like scratches.

I'm kinda nervous to use it again. Maybe I'll use it on the interior to break it in.

This thread is teh r0ck!
Not too much to the instructions other than letting it air out for 48 hrs before using it, not to press hard when using it and giving it a good shake when you are done. I feel very confident using it, although I let mine dry for 48 hrs.

Excited
Old 04-21-2006, 10:01 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by jlukja

I can't believe how much play this thread is getting.
I think it is because the thread is something similar to this video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81634656145640

It's simple, has a little of everything, has a few surprises and it has passion. Apparently it has had over 30 million hits. The only thing that it is missing is RBP!

Excited
Old 04-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Pro

Very nice video, does remind me of this thread, only not as exciting.

I think out of all the threads on the TSX forum, this is perhaps the the best thread for a person trying to decide if the TSX is the right car for them. One look (read) at excited's posts on here and they will know how amazing the car is and how passionate their owners are.

let me be the first to vote for this thread to be a sticky!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
TSX4EVR

I have to admit that it is nice having a great car. I looked at the RBP TSX in my golf club's parking lot and it did look like a blue jewel as it sparkled in the sunlight. I also have to admit that I like that the Acura is seen as a luxury car. Although there are more expensive cars in the lot, I feel like I am at least part of the "same card game".

I continue to enjoy using the sunroof as we have had some warm weather lately.

I used the California car duster again and it really works well. I wonder how it works when I'm actually in California.

Excited
Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Pro

i'm loving the cali water blade... used after the spot free rinse and you can get the car clean in no time. now i'm contemplating buying one of those pressure washers for the house so I don't have to use the lambskin mitts or whatever on my baby. got her waxed too but the swirlies are still there. not as evident but still there.

off to calgary this coming weekend. we'll see what kinda gas mileage i get.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

A couple little items from this weekend:
Saturday, I saw the first 06, other than my own. I saw it parked across the street, and the colour looked odd. It took me a few seconds to realize it was an 06 and that it was DGP. It looks nice, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of it.

Sunday, I was driving around and this family jay-walks up ahead of me. One of the boys dawdles along, staring at my car. It was a nice hot (~16C) day, and I had all the windows/moonroof open full and my music off. As I drove past, I heard him say "Oh cool! It's an Acura!!"
Old 04-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

I have to tell you, I see a ton of TSX's on the road here in the bay area. Makes it kinda' nice to have the RBP color...plus the parchment interior...to stand out just a wee bit.

I am REALLY loving this color. Got a second coat of wax applied on Saturday, and just enjoyed not finding a single swirl mark.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Niiiice mirror you drive!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:53 PM
TSX4EVR

i'm loving the cali water blade... used after the spot free rinse and you can get the car clean in no time. now i'm contemplating buying one of those pressure washers for the house so I don't have to use the lambskin mitts or whatever on my baby. got her waxed too but the swirlies are still there. not as evident but still there.

off to calgary this coming weekend. we'll see what kinda gas mileage i get.
I found that using the paint cleaner and the polish really helped with removing the swirlies.

I'll be interested in your gas mileage. Our Cdn TSX's are rated for 7.2L/100kms and I was amazed as our trip gas mileage calculator drop down to 6.6L/100 kms on my trip to the west coast.

Excited
Old 04-24-2006, 06:57 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by swirlie
Saturday, I saw the first 06, other than my own. I saw it parked across the street, and the colour looked odd. It took me a few seconds to realize it was an 06 and that it was DGP. It looks nice, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of it.

Sunday, I was driving around and this family jay-walks up ahead of me. One of the boys dawdles along, staring at my car. It was a nice hot (~16C) day, and I had all the windows/moonroof open full and my music off. As I drove past, I heard him say "Oh cool! It's an Acura!!"
I haven't seen DGP yet. I will have to keep my eyes open.

It's great to hear the oohs and aahs for the TSX. I also like all of the head turns.

Excited
Old 04-24-2006, 07:05 PM
TSX4EVR

Niiiice mirror you drive!

Wow looks terrific. Did you put the second coat on right after the first, or after a couple of days?

Great picture of the clouds on the hood!

Thanks

Excited
Old 04-24-2006, 07:17 PM
TSX4EVR

Well I finally got to drive the Alabaster Silver Metallic colour, on a CSX today. My baby is in today getting the seat base changed for my now non existant squeak.

The loaner car is a ASM CSX. The CSX is no TSX and it really made me appreciate the luxury, the bluetooth phone, the handling, the smooth powerful engine and the stereo system of the TSX.

The CSX did have a couple of neat things. It had the digital speedometer which sat prominently on the dash and I got to play with the paddle shifters. They were eay to use but would be tricky to use while turning the steering wheel. Like all Acura's it was well laid out.

I appreciate my RBP TSX even more now.

Excited
Old 04-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

Thanks! The coats of wax were applied a week apart. No need to wait for the second coat, though.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:30 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
Thanks! The coats of wax were applied a week apart. No need to wait for the second coat, though.
Thanks, something I should I have asked at the same time, what wax did you use?

Excited
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

It's great to hear the oohs and aahs for the TSX. I also like all of the head turns.

Excited
I shined up my car when I got home after that incident. I've been noticing more people checking out my car lately. It must be the combination of beautiful car and beautiful weather. (Beautiful girl in passenger seat doesn't hurt either. )
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

That last one never hurts.

I used Poorboys Natty's (Blue) wax. I also did a bit of spot-polishing to remove swirls beforehand.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:49 PM
TSX4EVR

I shined up my car when I got home after that incident. I've been noticing more people checking out my car lately. It must be the combination of beautiful car and beautiful weather. (Beautiful girl in passenger seat doesn't hurt either. )
A classic trifecta

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
That last one never hurts.

I used Poorboys Natty's (Blue) wax. I also did a bit of spot-polishing to remove swirls beforehand.
Thanks. I'm going to do another coat of Meguiars on the weekend and hope for a sunny day with a few white puffy clouds.

Pick up my TSX with the new seat base tonight. I was glad to be back in it. I used the nav to help me get from the dealers to the blood donar clinic. I trusted it to find a short cut to the clinic and I was wondering where the hec it was taking me and all of sudden there was the clinic. for the nav.

The CSX was peppy, the integrated key was cool and I liked the ASM, but still was very happy to be back in the TSX.

Excited
Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro

I found that using the paint cleaner and the polish really helped with removing the swirlies.

I'll be interested in your gas mileage. Our Cdn TSX's are rated for 7.2L/100kms and I was amazed as our trip gas mileage calculator drop down to 6.6L/100 kms on my trip to the west coast.

Excited
I'll post that up. It'll be hard keeping the car on cruise and more importantly at the speedlimit but I've got a few hours there and back to get some good readings! :-) I'll try the paint cleaner when I get back.

Btw, nice mirror'd RBP - that's hot!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Update, I saw another 06 yesterday. This one was Graphite. We were eying each other's cars as we drove past in opposite directions.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Pro

600kms and avg usage was 8.8L/100km.

I drove the first 325km doing about 127km/h then it started getting dark. nudged the speed up to 140km/h and then for about 100km, i bumped it up to 170km/h. I had to go through Strathmore so I could refuel or else I wouldn't've made it to Cgy. Low fuel light came on and the range said I had 43km left in the tank, just enough to get me outside Calgary (52km from Strathmore.)

I varied the speed cuz I wanted to see how she handled in high speed and well, she was all but begging for more. On the way home I'm most likely going to keep a constant speed cuz $65 to fill up only to use it one-way is kinda rude. For now, I go to bed... slightly drunk from the night's festivities!

BTW, I'm sure if I was doing the speed limit - 100km/hr or 110km/hr at most - I would reach the target rate for our ride.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Pro

65L for a tank of a 4cyl car is huge!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:36 PM
TSX4EVR

600kms and avg usage was 8.8L/100km.

I drove the first 325km doing about 127km/h then it started getting dark. nudged the speed up to 140km/h and then for about 100km, i bumped it up to 170km/h. I had to go through Strathmore so I could refuel or else I wouldn't've made it to Cgy. Low fuel light came on and the range said I had 43km left in the tank, just enough to get me outside Calgary (52km from Strathmore.)

I varied the speed cuz I wanted to see how she handled in high speed and well, she was all but begging for more. On the way home I'm most likely going to keep a constant speed cuz $65 to fill up only to use it one-way is kinda rude. For now, I go to bed... slightly drunk from the night's festivities!

BTW, I'm sure if I was doing the speed limit - 100km/hr or 110km/hr at most - I would reach the target rate for our ride.
Yea 170 kph (106 mph) isn't really condusive to good fuel economy. lol

I pulled off my good gas mileage by trying to stay only 9 kph over the limit. There stretches where I went 120 kph but likely averaged 110 kph.

Well, Thursday night I washed and detailed my TSX so it would be nice and clean for the next day. I drive to work very early and sur enough encoutered some long stretches of road that had just been street clean and the road was very wet. Needless to say the TSX got dirty and sure enough people came up to me at work and commented on how I was neglecting my TSX. It's hard being a good parent.

Today was the first day that my wife drove the TSX. I had taken our Escape to pick up some home supplies, so she took the TSX out shopping. I had to solict what she thought about it, but she very quickly said that she loved it. She did say that she missed sitting up higher as she normally would in the Escape and our old van.

Excited
Old 04-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Pro

I also realized today that I get good mileage back home. It's mostly straight ways and flat so you've always got constant gas usage. I'd get about 10L/100km wich each tank however so far in cgy I've gotten about 9.8L/100km which I'm going to attribute to the fact that I'm coasting more.

I'll try and stay under 140 tomorrow on the way back
Old 04-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Pro

Well, over 600kms later and I've still got about 100kms range left in my gas tank.

Drove from Cgy back to S'toon and didn't race it or anything. Avg speed was 117km/h but to pass I'd speed up to no more than 140km/h and then drop down immediately to 117km/h. Now for the real mileage

That's what it hit and wouldn't drop any less than that. This baby's great!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
TSX4EVR

Well, over 600kms later and I've still got about 100kms range left in my gas tank.

Drove from Cgy back to S'toon and didn't race it or anything. Avg speed was 117km/h but to pass I'd speed up to no more than 140km/h and then drop down immediately to 117km/h. Now for the real mileage

That's what it hit and wouldn't drop any less than that. This baby's great!
I think that it dropped a little more. I just added a little more Alberta gas.

Excited
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 AM
PWP Wh0r3

mine is still 11.7 -_-" give me some of those alberta gas
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by RTSX-ASpec
mine is still 11.7 -_-" give me some of those alberta gas
I'm between 9.8 (24 mpg US) and 10.8 (21.8 mpg US) city. The TSX really shines on the highway using cruise control and getting up to 6.6 (35.6 mpg US)

I have been really pleased with the fuel economy of the TSX

Excited
Old 05-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Pro

Zactly... in-city the temptation to just give 'er is too great that most of the time I'm just burning gas needlessly. I don't do the slow acceleration to 60km/h over 2blocks... i get to 60km/h in 10ft or less

I think this snow's my fault though. Drove through it on the way back and now it's expected to hit S'toon tomorrow morning gotta love that last minute snow fall
Old 05-02-2006, 09:49 PM
TSX4EVR

I think this snow's my fault though. Drove through it on the way back and now it's expected to hit S'toon tomorrow morning gotta love that last minute snow fall
We had some snow today as a cold front blew in. The snow didn't stay but it sure put a halt to the golf season. The TSX still remained shiny throughout it all.

Excited
Old 05-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

An IBP run-in. Driving to work this morning, at two consecutive intersections there were 3 TSXs, including mine. Two 04/05s (1 NBP with OEM spoiler, 1 tinted IBP) and my 06 RBP. Sitting beside the IBP in the sun, you definitely see a very distinct purple. Hehe, very short rolling mini-meet.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
TSX4EVR

An IBP run-in. Driving to work this morning, at two consecutive intersections there were 3 TSXs, including mine. Two 04/05s (1 NBP with OEM spoiler, 1 tinted IBP) and my 06 RBP. Sitting beside the IBP in the sun, you definitely see a very distinct purple. Hehe, very short rolling mini-meet.

I have seen a few TSX's lately as well. I keep giving them the

My squeak is back in my new seat base. I posted details in the Problems and Fixes.

I still love my TSX and I am looking forward to taking it to San Fran. I have picked out the golf courses on my trip. Two inexpensive ones in the States and a few good ones in B.C..

http://www.golfcalifornia.com/depart...olf-course.htm
http://www.salmonruninfo.net/
http://www.christinalakegolfclub.com/
http://www.kokaneesprings.com/
http://www.skikimberley.com/trickle_...ent_photos.asp
http://www.greywolfgolf.com/

Excited
Old 05-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Banned

this thread is becoming like a personal blog LOL
Old 05-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by fuckleberry
this thread is becoming like a personal blog LOL
LOL!
however a blog about excited's TSX is interesting and relevant!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tintin
LOL!
however a blog about excited's TSX is interesting and relevant!
yeah sure :gheyhug:
Old 05-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Two inexpensive ones in the States and a few good ones in B.C..
If you come over to the island, check out Bear Mountain. It's designed by Jack Nicklaus and his son. Greens fees are only about $100...

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"