Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:00 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GothamVengeance
Been following this thread since day one. My 92 Legend started shaking in overdrive and the dealer wants about 6 hours diagnostic time which may or may not determine the source of the problem. You'd think they would know what the problem is.

That was my queue to put the money towards a new Royal Blue Pearl TSX instead!

I just moved to Denver, Colorado from Minnesota two months ago. But I was loyal to my Minnesota dealer (White Bear Acura) and gave him a shot to make me a deal. Can you believe they had exactly what I wanted? RBP, parchment interior, and Navi! That was definitely a sign. I'm flying to Minneapolis on Saturday morning to pick it up.

So does anyone want a Black/tan 92 Legend LS with 114,000 miles?

Long live this thread!
Congratulations and welcome to the family. Hopefully you will get the chance to take some pics of your Royal Blue Pearl TSX with either the great Minnesota or Colorado backdrops. The TSX is a fanatastic car and you chose a great colour!

Excited
I'll pass on the Legend.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:11 PM
2006 TSX

Been following this thread since day one. My 92 Legend started shaking in overdrive and the dealer wants about 6 hours diagnostic time which may or may not determine the source of the problem. You'd think they would know what the problem is.

That was my queue to put the money towards a new Royal Blue Pearl TSX instead!

I just moved to Denver, Colorado from Minnesota two months ago. But I was loyal to my Minnesota dealer (White Bear Acura) and gave him a shot to make me a deal. Can you believe they had exactly what I wanted? RBP, parchment interior, and Navi! That was definitely a sign. I'm flying to Minneapolis on Saturday morning to pick it up.
Drove it back this weekend. It was extremely windy with 50mph gusts, but that didn't phase the TSX on the highway. Sucked having to drive it 924 miles without the cruise control (break-in period), but I enjoyed playing with the navi and it is amazing that you can have 150 channels to listen to (XM) and THERE IS NOTHING ON!

Picture outside of a windmill farm showing off the awesome color of this vehicle...
Old 10-11-2006, 10:47 PM
for EVER more!

welcome to the RBP Family! looks gorgeous. please tell me you got the MT... it's a driving dream come true.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Have camera, will travel

Your car is looking good. Welcome to AZ.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Racer

Your car is fab looking. <drool, drool>

Darn Acura Canada, for not offering this color combo!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:59 PM
TSX4EVR

Looks super and thanks for the picture. The Royal Blue Pearl can look so rich and deep sometimes.

Once it is broken in you will start to enjoy the great gas mileage on the highway. It is an extra bonus treat.

I need to get the one last super wax job done before winter comes to get mine looking like new again.

Excited
Old 10-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Racer

Pics after the wax job?? <smile>

I love this thread. Love live this thread! hehe
Old 10-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Instructor

I finally got my TSX...it's a RBP/Ebony int with navigation! Once I get the Zaino Bros wax on it I'll upload some pics.

I plan to go with the RonJon Inspyres, the OEM bodykit and a 1" drop with Tein coilovers
Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Joeys'TSX
I finally got my TSX...it's a RBP/Ebony int with navigation! Once I get the Zaino Bros wax on it I'll upload some pics.

I plan to go with the RonJon Inspyres, the OEM bodykit and a 1" drop with Tein coilovers
Congratulations on getting your TSX and welcome to the RBP family. I can't wait to see your pics, especially after your mods.

Excited
Old 10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
10th Gear

Well fellas, I'm now part of the "RBP gang". I pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2006 5AT Non-Navi RBP in Parchment. I went to test drive fully expecting to get the ebony interior but it was just tooooooooooo much black. I really loved the sophisticated look of the parchment.

The 2006 model is going fast so I had to get the RBP in a dealer trade but will be picking it up tomorrow night. I'll try to get some pics out this weekend, that is if I can get out from behind the wheel long enough to take them!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
TSX4EVR

Congrats, the RBP family keeps getting bigger!!

Parchment or Ebony are both winners based on personal choice.

The TSX is a fantastic car you will love it. My boss had a ride in my car today and he said "nice car". He really liked it.

I look forward to seeing your pics.

Excited
Old 11-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Advanced

Hello everyone! It's been a few months since I've stopped by, but I'm glad to see that this thread is alive and strong. I need to get my car washed b/c i've been lazy.

How often would you say the avg car gets detailed?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
TSX4EVR

My guess is that the average car is detailed once a year.

I still wash my car at least once a weekbut I have to admit that I haven't hand waxed it nearly as much as I had planned and I have taken it to a local touchless wash which does an excellent job. I know people that don't wash their cars for months let alone ever detail it.

This time a year is tough to keep it clean. We got our first snow last weekend and it has stayed leaving the roads messing each day.

I haven't put the winter tires on yet with my favourite rims. I usually wait until mid November when the temperature drops a little more and the roads get icier.

Excited
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Racer

I love this thread.

This is my favorite thread on acurazine, and I wanted to post here first after I got my TSX. I did not get RBP, as I wanted the parchment interior, and that's impossible in Canada unless you get black. So my car is black on parchment.

Royal Blue Pearl is my favorite exterior color for the TSX, so I hope you don't mind me posting here anyways, as I love looking at your RBPs anyways.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Racer

Drove it back this weekend. It was extremely windy with 50mph gusts, but that didn't phase the TSX on the highway. Sucked having to drive it 924 miles without the cruise control (break-in period), but I enjoyed playing with the navi and it is amazing that you can have 150 channels to listen to (XM) and THERE IS NOTHING ON!

Picture outside of a windmill farm showing off the awesome color of this vehicle...
Is "no cruise" written in your manual? It isn't in my (Canadian) TSX manual, and I used cruise right off the bat. Oops??
Old 11-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Guy at the dealer told me specifically not to use cruise control and if i drove on long trips to change the rpms moderately
Old 11-03-2006, 12:21 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Overtaxed
I love this thread.

This is my favorite thread on acurazine, and I wanted to post here first after I got my TSX. I did not get RBP, as I wanted the parchment interior, and that's impossible in Canada unless you get black. So my car is black on parchment.

Royal Blue Pearl is my favorite exterior color for the TSX, so I hope you don't mind me posting here anyways, as I love looking at your RBPs anyways.
You are more than welcome to join this thread anytime. Congrats on your black TSX with the parchment interior. I'm not careful enough to have a parchment interior but they do look great.

I have been wanting to post that my TSX is car door ding free but I did not want to jinx myself. I almost had a big ding tonight.

It's funny how fate works. The light went out in my garage door opener a couple of nights ago but I have been too busy to change it. Tonght my wife was out for dinner with my daughter and I had to do something for United Way and then race home to get changed to go to floor hockey.I got home, no one was home and the garage was dark, so I parked in the middle of the garage as I was only going tobe there for five minutes to change. As fate would have it, my wife came home during the five minutes. Although she saw my car, for some reason she thought she could park beside it. The garage being dark, limited her vision and she back up and hit my TSX. She came in and told me, I told her that she was joking but she wasn't. But fate works both ways and what had happened is that she backed up and felt resistance as the rear bumper of the car rubbed up against the side of my TSX. Other than rubbing off the winter dirt off the side of my car there appears to be no damage. Now I can't talk about door dings anymore, I don't want to jinx it.

Excited
Old 11-03-2006, 12:28 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Fatalilluzionz
Guy at the dealer told me specifically not to use cruise control and if i drove on long trips to change the rpms moderately
Yea, the big thing is not to stay at the same rpm's for any long period of time. It's okay to use the cruise, but not for too long.

Love my TSX.

Excited
Old 11-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Guys, my friend just bought a G35, but still all my other friends, want to jump in my TSX, i have the GPS, may be thts y, but it makes me happy, to have an edge over my friends TSX.....i love RBP
Old 11-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by excited
Yea, the big thing is not to stay at the same rpm's for any long period of time. It's okay to use the cruise, but not for too long.

Love my TSX.

Excited
Do you mean no cruise or lil cruise even after your car breaks in???
Old 11-03-2006, 06:40 PM
2006 TSX

Originally Posted by Overtaxed
Is "no cruise" written in your manual? It isn't in my (Canadian) TSX manual, and I used cruise right off the bat. Oops??
Dealer said to not drive at the same speed/rpm for more than 3 minutes at a time. With cruise control on, this would be a hard instruction to follow.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Racer

You are more than welcome to join this thread anytime. Congrats on your black TSX with the parchment interior. I'm not careful enough to have a parchment interior but they do look great.

I have been wanting to post that my TSX is car door ding free but I did not want to jinx myself. I almost had a big ding tonight.

It's funny how fate works. The light went out in my garage door opener a couple of nights ago but I have been too busy to change it. Tonght my wife was out for dinner with my daughter and I had to do something for United Way and then race home to get changed to go to floor hockey.I got home, no one was home and the garage was dark, so I parked in the middle of the garage as I was only going tobe there for five minutes to change. As fate would have it, my wife came home during the five minutes. Although she saw my car, for some reason she thought she could park beside it. The garage being dark, limited her vision and she back up and hit my TSX. She came in and told me, I told her that she was joking but she wasn't. But fate works both ways and what had happened is that she backed up and felt resistance as the rear bumper of the car rubbed up against the side of my TSX. Other than rubbing off the winter dirt off the side of my car there appears to be no damage. Now I can't talk about door dings anymore, I don't want to jinx it.

Excited
Phew! sounds like a close call.

Tonight, my car did get hit , but only slightly on the front bumper and there doesn't seem to be any damage (although it's dark tonight - I have to re-check tomorrow in the daylight.)

Ironic thing was that it was hit by my boss, who is the jealous type, and I had been hoping she'd never notice my new car...
Old 11-08-2006, 01:05 AM
No Longer a Poseur

Excited

Whoa. Your wife *backs* her Escape into the Garage? Brave girl! I thought you weren't supposed to back cars into garages... something to do with the exhaust spitting all the nasty gasses more into your house than away from it....

Glad the TSX is okay, though...at most maybe a little ScratchX if you find little minute scratches under better light than has been offered by the weather lately.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I would never back into a garage unless I know there is a really good ventilation system. Having all the exhaust being trapped so far from the outside is a bad thing.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Have camera, will travel

^^
Yeah, maybe if you sit and let the car idle for an extended period of time. Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it. My determining factor would be whether it was easier to back into the garage or back out of the garage into the street. Wholly dependent on how your house/street is configured.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:18 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by MikeMa
Whoa. Your wife *backs* her Escape into the Garage? Brave girl! I thought you weren't supposed to back cars into garages... something to do with the exhaust spitting all the nasty gasses more into your house than away from it....

Glad the TSX is okay, though...at most maybe a little ScratchX if you find little minute scratches under better light than has been offered by the weather lately.
By backing in one of the two cars, it allows more room to open the drivers doors. The fumes from backing in for a very short time, are very minimal and I have dah yerv ettil lli stceffe morf ti.

There were no scratches found in better light.

We have had winter here the last two weeks or so. I haven't had time to change to my winter tires (and wheels ) because of long hours at work and home renos. However it made me think about the OEM tires. I found them okay for all of my daily driving during the summer on dry and wet pavement. I don't race so I don't push them. I even found them not too bad when it first snowed. However, it turned a little colder here and the roads became quite icy. They were very poor on the ice. Thank goodness for VSA.

I will have to find time to change to winter tires on the weekend.

Excited
Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Registered Car Nut

We have had winter here the last two weeks or so. I haven't had time to change to my winter tires (and wheels ) because of long hours at work and home renos. However it made me think about the OEM tires. I found them okay for all of my daily driving during the summer on dry and wet pavement. I don't race so I don't push them. I even found them not too bad when it first snowed. However, it turned a little colder here and the roads became quite icy. They were very poor on the ice. Thank goodness for VSA.

Excited
we had a few nights below freezing here as well, and i agree that the OEM tires don't offer much grip at low temps. My winters (Pirelli Winter Carving) are waiting in the garage... i'm holding on to the A/S as long as possible, but I think we're going to get white stuff real soon!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Racer

I agree. At first I was wondering, do I have to get winters?....

First ice we got........... answered my question. They're going on in 2 weeks.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:19 AM
No Longer a Poseur

By backing in one of the two cars, it allows more room to open the drivers doors. The fumes from backing in for a very short time, are very minimal and I have dah yerv ettil lli stceffe morf ti.

There were no scratches found in better light.

Excited
Ah... I suppose geometrically that works.

I agree with your assessment of the stock tires (especially since we drive on probably a fair number of the same roads). I was planning on getting winter tires, but for a number of reasons, I'm not going to do that for this winter.

This car, with the extra weight, VSA, and not having Firestones handles much better than my previous car, an 01 EL (I've also found that using Sport Shift to downshift into a lower gear and do some engine braking is helpful on several intersections in the city. For next winter, I'll plan ahead and buy my snow's earlier in the season. I have to decide between Nokain WRs (which aren't dedicated snow tires, but are pretty good on my old EL and our family MPV) and Michelin X-Ice (which my Aunt swears by). The Nokian RSi's I was originally eying don't come in the stock tire size, and I don't really want to have the odometer (and speedometer) thrown off by putting on a larger tire.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by MikeMa
Ah... I suppose geometrically that works.

I agree with your assessment of the stock tires (especially since we drive on probably a fair number of the same roads). I was planning on getting winter tires, but for a number of reasons, I'm not going to do that for this winter.

This car, with the extra weight, VSA, and not having Firestones handles much better than my previous car, an 01 EL (I've also found that using Sport Shift to downshift into a lower gear and do some engine braking is helpful on several intersections in the city. For next winter, I'll plan ahead and buy my snow's earlier in the season. I have to decide between Nokain WRs (which aren't dedicated snow tires, but are pretty good on my old EL and our family MPV) and Michelin X-Ice (which my Aunt swears by). The Nokian RSi's I was originally eying don't come in the stock tire size, and I don't really want to have the odometer (and speedometer) thrown off by putting on a larger tire.
I just got back from a week in Phoenix and missed the continuation of winter and snow. Phoenix is fabulous and hope to return in the Spring. I never saw a single TSX while I was down there. I flew down this time but will take the TSX next time.

Sometime in the next week I will hopefully get my Artic Apins on my TSX. I'm still finishing up on some home reno's and have to squeeze in the time.

I won't say that it was a shock coming home to the snow and the cold, but it sure is a big change from the 80F in Phoenix. I turned 51 yesterday and that means 4 more years before I can spend some real time down there.

I look forward to taking the TSX down there. Love my TSX!

Excited
Old 11-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by waTSX
^^
Yeah, maybe if you sit and let the car idle for an extended period of time. Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it. My determining factor would be whether it was easier to back into the garage or back out of the garage into the street. Wholly dependent on how your house/street is configured.
I've got a fun driveway... sloped down to the garage at a relatively steep angle, and a high curb angle (and curb itself). All that onto a busier street. You quickly get used to backing out into a single lane... and not rolling with a 6MT. (Though, we have had 2 people slam into the garage because of the steep angle...)
Old 11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Advanced

I didn't want to start a new thread for this yet (and figured we could revive this thread I know everyone LOVES) but I wanted to post a quick note saying I just entered the Acura family this morning.

I followed the TSX since it was first released and there really weren't many other cars I wanted to consider once I was ready to buy. I have (soon to be had ) a 1997 Honda Accord LX, which my Dad bought new and I took over in 2000, and really wanted to stay in the Honda family. The TL was a bit too expensive and large for me right now, so it just seemed like the TSX made sense. I graduated from college in May, started working, and finally was ready to start truly looking (as opposed to just drooling.)

I was able to pounce on an opportunity and just scooped up a 2006 Acura TSX in automatic and with navi. Exterior is Royal Blue Pearl and interior is ebony. I also got an OEM spoiler for it, which I feel the TSX needs to round out the back (IMHO, of course.) I really liked the Carbon Gray color but I've seen it so much lately. Silver was a last minute interest, but having come from a silver car, well, Heather Mist Metallic, I wanted something else. It also didn't JUMP out at me on the TSX like other colors did.

I wanted something a bit different and I never truly considered the RBP. It jumped out at me one particular day recently (after having seen it a few days prior in person) and I knew I wanted it.

Looking forward to taking delivery on Saturday, although it'll be sad to see my Accord go. I traded it in, getting a REALLY great deal on it (in conjunction with the purchase of the TSX), but it has been so good to me. This was one of those deals where the dealership just wanted the car gone, so they bent backwards to meet my needs and wants.

And yes, I'll post pics when I get it.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Nissin Ramen

Wow nice color! Congrats!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Advanced

Photo time! They aren't the greatest but it's alll I've got, for now. To sum it up, I LOVE THIS CAR!

I still need to have the spoiler installed, which will happen this week. I also found a scratch on the rear fender during my one-over before I left the lot which the dealer will wet sand out when I drop the car off for the aforementioned spoiler installation. They're going to give me a loaner car while they have my car.

Enjoy.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Advanced

One more question.

I'm not daring enough to go through this entire thread, but what plate frame do you think will look the best on the RBP TSX? I'm thinking chrome, but does anyone have some photo comparisons?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Cruisin'

WOW! I just read this thread from start to finish and it was a GREAT read! This seems like a very helpful, caring community and I can't wait to join it. I plan on buying my TSX in March/April after the lousy weather passes. I had planned on buying a PWP TSX, but now the RBP looks so damn good in everyone's pictures that I have to give that one a look too. My only concern is the added care it takes to keep it clean because I really don't like that about my black Civic now. We shall see.... Also, Excited, your passion for your car is incredible. I wish I had the energy and motivation that you had...walking up so early for work, washing the car multiple times a week, posting as often as you do, you deserve a lot of respect dude! Thanks for the excellent read tonight guys, can't wait to join the community!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro

bugger... excited 'n swirlie, you guys still have this thread going almost a year later. impressive!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Hmm, under 2 weeks shy of a year and 35 pages. hehe.

ddipetrillo, you read the entire thing... today?!? Wow!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by swirlie
Hmm, under 2 weeks shy of a year and 35 pages. hehe.

ddipetrillo, you read the entire thing... today?!? Wow!
Yup, I did. I just found this website about a week ago and I plan on buying a 07 TSX AT /w Nav in the spring. I was home sick from work last night with nothing to do so I read that crazy long thread. It was a great read...I thinking about getting RBP now, although I think PWP is still my first choice.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:37 PM
TSX4EVR

[QUOTE=BriLam]Photo time! They aren't the greatest but it's alll I've got, for now. To sum it up, I LOVE THIS CAR!

I still need to have the spoiler installed, which will happen this week. I also found a scratch on the rear fender during my one-over before I left the lot which the dealer will wet sand out when I drop the car off for the aforementioned spoiler installation. They're going to give me a loaner car while they have my car.

Enjoy.

[QUOTE]

Congrats on getting a TSX and great colour choice

Are you getting the OEM spoiler?

Great pics, nice rich shiny colour. The roads here are so sloppy from the slushy snow it is impossible to go a block without getting the TSX major league dirty.

Excited

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"