Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ddipetrillo
Yup, I did. I just found this website about a week ago and I plan on buying a 07 TSX AT /w Nav in the spring. I was home sick from work last night with nothing to do so I read that crazy long thread. It was a great read...I thinking about getting RBP now, although I think PWP is still my first choice.
Congrats on reading all of it. You get the Royal Blue Pearl Order of Merit!

PMP is a great colour as well. I always really like them when I see them on the road. In either case you are getting a TSX which is a super car!

I love mine, but of course you already know that if you read all of the pages.

Excited
Old 12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by helraiser
bugger... excited 'n swirlie, you guys still have this thread going almost a year later. impressive!
10 days away from being one year old. The TSX has been fantastic and is still like new.

I guess I better get my winter wheels on for it. We have had a month and a half of bad winter weather and bad roads and I just haven't had the time to switch wheels and tires. We are going to have two good days of warm weather which may help to clear the main roads from the slush. With the roads finally clear it will only be fitting to have the winter tires on.

In ten days I will give a one year review with good things to say about everything except one thing.

Love my TSX!

Excited
Old 12-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I honestly cannot believe that this thread is still alive. Excited, you have to be the most devoted TSX owner out there
Old 12-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Racer

I think this thread keeps going because it's got heart.

Heck, I don't even own a RBP and I love reading this. Although I love the RBP color as well, sigh............

Dark colors are something.
- Our silver metallic Camry has not been washed in...... we don't remember the last time. Most of it shines like it was just washed! How does that happen??
- I waxed my TSX 2 weeks ago, then the dealer washed it again after the winter wheels went on last week, and now it looks like crap again, haha!!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:18 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Sclass88
I honestly cannot believe that this thread is still alive. Excited, you have to be the most devoted TSX owner out there
It's everyone that joins in that keeps it alive. Nine days and counting until it's birthday.

Excited
Old 12-08-2006, 11:51 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Overtaxed

Heck, I don't even own a RBP and I love reading this. Although I love the RBP color as well, sigh............

- Our silver metallic Camry has not been washed in...... we don't remember the last time. Most of it shines like it was just washed! How does that happen??
- I waxed my TSX 2 weeks ago, then the dealer washed it again after the winter wheels went on last week, and now it looks like crap again, haha!!
Silver is pretty sweet for staying clean. RBP can get dirty fast when the roads are slushy, but when it is clean, it is so rich looking! You have had a great November/December in the East. We are paying for our good winter last year by Mother Nature adding a little extra hard winter this year.

I haven't had a lot new to say about the TSX. It keeps running fantastic.

Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. My office area is super decorated and I have been driving my boss nuts by playing Christmas songs from my ipod over the portable ipod speakers. Hmmm I wonder what I am going to give my TSX for Christmas.

Excited
Old 12-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Thanks. I did get the OEM spoiler. I really prefer the ass of the TSX with it.

Congrats on getting a TSX and great colour choice

Are you getting the OEM spoiler?

Great pics, nice rich shiny colour. The roads here are so sloppy from the slushy snow it is impossible to go a block without getting the TSX major league dirty.

Excited
Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by BriLam
Thanks. I did get the OEM spoiler. I really prefer the ass of the TSX with it.
You must know this is coming:

I look forward to seeing your pics of your TSX with the spoiler!

Excited
Old 12-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Registered Car Nut

this thread just has something to it... great job Excited!!

My previous car was black. Looked amazing when clean, but got dirty so fast... spent more time washing and waxing that one than all other cars I owned. This is why I went for an ASM this time. However, whenever I look at an RBP like Excited's, I wonder if it wouldn't have been worth it! I love mine, but there's just something about the RBP!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by excited
Silver is pretty sweet for staying clean. RBP can get dirty fast when the roads are slushy, but when it is clean, it is so rich looking! You have had a great November/December in the East. We are paying for our good winter last year by Mother Nature adding a little extra hard winter this year.

I haven't had a lot new to say about the TSX. It keeps running fantastic.

Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. My office area is super decorated and I have been driving my boss nuts by playing Christmas songs from my ipod over the portable ipod speakers. Hmmm I wonder what I am going to give my TSX for Christmas.

Excited
CAI? Header? Hondata reflash? A-Spec suspension?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:44 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
this thread just has something to it... great job Excited!!

My previous car was black. Looked amazing when clean, but got dirty so fast... spent more time washing and waxing that one than all other cars I owned. This is why I went for an ASM this time. However, whenever I look at an RBP like Excited's, I wonder if it wouldn't have been worth it! I love mine, but there's just something about the RBP!
As you may or may not know but ASM was my first choice but fate took me to RBP. Without question RBP can look fantastic at times. I still like to see photos of ASM TSX's though! (hint, hint)

You have had a great fall in Montreal. I enjoyed living there for the short while that I did. Drives through the Laurentians in a TSX must be very enjoyable.

I have to admit that I kind of showed off the TSX today. I drove a co-worker home after a supper meeting. I couldn't resist out of the blue calling a number over the bluetooth and talking to our call desk about some issues of mutual concern. He was surprised and very impressed.

Love the TSX whether it is RBP or ASM.

Excited
Old 12-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Racer

Hehe. I did that once too. People's eyes just pop open when they hear the car talk back.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by waTSX
CAI? Header? Hondata reflash? A-Spec suspension?
I know, I know. If the TSX was my third car I would do those in a flash. I still have major regrets from putting a catback exhaust in my Escape. It had a horrible drone to it and I doubled the mistake when I replaced it with a Midas muffler system which never fit properly and it made a bad noise on acceleration. I'm afraid to make the perfect TSX anything less than perfect.

Now if it was my third car, boy would I have some fun.

Excited
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Registered Car Nut

Hehe. I did that once too. People's eyes just pop open when they hear the car talk back.
First time I took a couple of colleagues our for dinner, my boss calls me to find out if we're almost there... CD stops, ring comes on the radio, and I punch the HFL. Colleagues really impressed!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Advanced

I love the HandsFreeLink, but I had some real trouble with the voice recognition of some of the names in my phonebook. My girlfriend's name is Lauren, so I had an entry for "Lauren Cell," "Lauren Home," "Lauren Cape Cod," and "Lauren Work." I programmed the rest of the numbers in and it then mistook "Lauren Home" for either 480 or "Gary Cell." It was killing me, so I reprogrammed all Lauren's entries to "Girlfriend ____" and all was fine. I guess they were just a little too similar, but damn did it make me mad trying to distinguish.

I needed to get the name right to delete it anyway (at least that was the only way I knew how to do it,) so it took FOREVER.

One thing I wish the system had was a reminder to take your cell with you when you leave the car. I charge the cell in the center console and then forget to take it with me. I did it twice yesterday night in a matter of an hour. But hey, if I had a better memory, that wouldn't be a problem.

First time I took a couple of colleagues our for dinner, my boss calls me to find out if we're almost there... CD stops, ring comes on the radio, and I punch the HFL. Colleagues really impressed!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Advanced

Excited, I tried PMing you, but your box is full!

A bit off topic, but I was just curious what you use to detail your car. I have a great lineup of products (I'm a Meguiar's guy,) but I was curious what type of towels and such you use. I came to the conclusion that my towels instilled swirls in my old Accord (since the products are fine,) so I wanted to make sure I took the proper precaution this time around, especially since this car is RBP and my last was a silver that hid pretty much everything.

I did already see some light (dealer installed) swirls, but nothing too major. I'm hoping a good, two-day, multi-step detailing will remove them.

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:05 PM
TSX4EVR

Excited
Old 12-14-2006, 09:07 PM
TSX4EVR

Three big

Excited
Old 12-14-2006, 09:12 PM
TSX4EVR

I love the HandsFreeLink, but I had some real trouble with the voice recognition of some of the names in my phonebook. My girlfriend's name is Lauren, so I had an entry for "Lauren Cell," "Lauren Home," "Lauren Cape Cod," and "Lauren Work." I programmed the rest of the numbers in and it then mistook "Lauren Home" for either 480 or "Gary Cell." It was killing me, so I reprogrammed all Lauren's entries to "Girlfriend ____" and all was fine. I guess they were just a little too similar, but damn did it make me mad trying to distinguish.

I needed to get the name right to delete it anyway (at least that was the only way I knew how to do it,) so it took FOREVER.

One thing I wish the system had was a reminder to take your cell with you when you leave the car. I charge the cell in the center console and then forget to take it with me. I did it twice yesterday night in a matter of an hour. But hey, if I had a better memory, that wouldn't be a problem.
To avoid some duplication for my daughter and son inlaw, I use there first names and add cell for their cell phones but for their home I use the word dawg because of the fantastic dog that they have.

My brother's cell phone has a meow sounding ring so for his cell I say Meeooow.

It even accepts barks, but it is hard to remember the right bark.

Excited
Old 12-14-2006, 09:20 PM
TSX4EVR

Excited, I tried PMing you, but your box is full!

A bit off topic, but I was just curious what you use to detail your car. I have a great lineup of products (I'm a Meguiar's guy,) but I was curious what type of towels and such you use. I came to the conclusion that my towels instilled swirls in my old Accord (since the products are fine,) so I wanted to make sure I took the proper precaution this time around, especially since this car is RBP and my last was a silver that hid pretty much everything.

I did already see some light (dealer installed) swirls, but nothing too major. I'm hoping a good, two-day, multi-step detailing will remove them.

Thanks!
My box is empty now, not to sound like a pessimist.

I'm a Meguiars guy as well. I use their clay and step 1 paint cleaner, step 2 polish and NXT Generation wax. I also use quick detailer after I wash it sometimes. I use microfibre cloths for the application and polish of the aforemention products with the exception of the application of the wax.

I stopped using the brushes in the hand jet washes as I found that may have been the cause for swirls.

I have to wait for spring again in 4 months to use these products again.

Excited
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the reply. I usually use Clay Magic's clay bar, as the Meguiar's one is hard to find in my area. But I use the 3-step process, applying two coats of polish and two of nXT wax. Usually I really get into it, so it takes me a good day and a half to finish, mostly because I do all the little details, ensure the trim is in tip top shape, etc.

Actually, now that I am thinking, this car really doesn't have much trim (and other such details) that would require such work. My old car was a 97 and had a lot of areas which were looking less than stellar (simply because of age) which I needed to pay special attention to.

Anyway, whenever I dried the car and removed the products, I always used towels I bought off eBay. They were advertised as 100% cotton (or close to it,) but I'm not so sure since the results didn't show that. I am going to spend some cash on some good towels and microfibers and see how that works out.

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:34 PM
TSX4EVR

Happy belated birthday

Yesterday my TSX turned one year old and coincidently so is this thread.

I finally got my TSX a birthday present one day late. I got my winter wheels back on and it got a much needed wash after being the dirtiest it ever was. Roads here have been extremely messy for a month and a half with the exception of when it was very cold. Here is my baby, one year old. Believe it or not, the picture was taken at 4:00 in afternoon, it's dark here at 5.

Over the first year, my TSX, with the exception of the seat squeak that got fixed, has been perfect. I love it. Touching wood as I type this, so far no door dings. This comes from good luck and wise parking.

Things I like in not any particular order: The drivers side window auto up, the blue tooth phone connection, owning an Acura TSX and hearing the oows and the ahhhs, owning a RBP TSX, the great gas mileage ( I think helped by my nitorgen filled tires), the navigation system on trips, the great feel of driving the TSX.

The only thing I don't like about the TSX, in winter only, is the wipers. They sit, tucked away in all of the snow and ice that they pushed down. They quickly freeze up and do a very poor job of keeping the windshield clean.

There are more things I love about the TSX, all I can say is that it is fantastic.

Excited
Old 12-18-2006, 06:48 PM
TSX4EVR

PS - In four years I won't have to worry about the wipers when I spend my winters here:

Excited
Old 12-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Racer

Wow, where is that???????

Oops, forgot to say, Happy Birthday Excited's RBP!!!

Was the birthday present getting its winter wheels back on and the wash?

My wipers sound like there's never enough rain on the windshield (squeak, squeak).
Old 12-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Racer

Excited, how's your ride with the Michelin Pilot Alpins?

I got the Goodyear competitor of the Alpins, Eagle GW3. It was rated very highly by Consumer Reports, but it's a little bumpy. I guess that's just winters....
Old 12-18-2006, 10:51 PM
TSX4EVR

Wow, where is that???????

Oops, forgot to say, Happy Birthday Excited's RBP!!!

Was the birthday present getting its winter wheels back on and the wash?

My wipers sound like there's never enough rain on the windshield (squeak, squeak).
The first and last pictures are from the Sedona area and the other is from the Phoenix area taken from my trip in November. I can't wait to take the TSX there in March.

Yes the present was getting the winter wheels on and getting the wash. (My wife who rarely drives took it out to go to the store and it is real dirty again. Nothing to do with the colour, just how bad the roads are.)

I get the same squeak when there is not enough water on the windshield.

Excited
Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 PM
TSX4EVR

Excited, how's your ride with the Michelin Pilot Alpins?

I got the Goodyear competitor of the Alpins, Eagle GW3. It was rated very highly by Consumer Reports, but it's a little bumpy. I guess that's just winters....
They are super! The difference in the grip is day and night from the OEM's (almost like they have claws) without any extra harshness or noise. It's funny, it almost feels like the TSX is sportier, like in a crouch, ready to pounce. Needless to say, I am very please with them.

When I was at the Tire Warehouse getting the wheels put on for free, I saw some inexpensive wheels that I liked that may be potential summer wheels.

Excited
Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Have camera, will travel

Congrats on the TSX's birthday
Old 12-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Advanced

Let it be known that my birthday doesn't get as much fanfare as that of excited's car!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
TSX4EVR

Let it be known that my birthday doesn't get as much fanfare as that of excited's car!

BritLam, Happy Birthday, about 5 months late, or about 7 months early.

I forgot to post that at one year old, my TSX reached 27,000 kms (16,777 miles). Not a lot. At that rate, I should get about 7 + years out of my TSX.

Excited
Old 12-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Lack of birthday wishes compared to excited's TSX and a misspelled username. I'm going to go cry now.

But at least we are RBP brethren.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 PM
TSX4EVR

Lack of birthday wishes compared to excited's TSX and a misspelled username. I'm going to go cry now.

But at least we are RBP brethren.
We are RBP brethren Please forgive the poor spelling of your username. I'm not sure if it was old eyes or a fat finger.

BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam, BriLam,

Excited
Old 12-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Racer

The first and last pictures are from the Sedona area and the other is from the Phoenix area taken from my trip in November...

Excited
You take great pictures. Like in a calendar.

About your winter wheels + tires: did you stick with 17 inches or go down to 16 inches? I went down to 16 inches, as that was what was recommended for plowing through snow and I was afraid the ride would be too rough. The ride's still a little bumpier than with the stock tires, but my husband says they're much smoother than the regular Ultragrip tires we had on our previous Corolla.

The car's handling is still sharp, but it's missing some of that very planted and stable feeling it had with the 17's. Hopefully, the snow will come soon, so I can benefit from them! (No snow yet in Southwestern Ontario)
Old 12-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Racer

When I was at the Tire Warehouse getting the wheels put on for free, I saw some inexpensive wheels that I liked that may be potential summer wheels.

Excited
They're nice, but I still like your Montegi's better.

How about Montegi's for summer too?? Or two of the same is too much?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Racer

I really like these:

Trying to post pictures using ImageShack. Total newbie, so this is probably not going to work.... EDIT: Oh my gosh, it worked. Those are the OEM upgrades.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:25 PM
TSX4EVR

You take great pictures. Like in a calendar.

About your winter wheels + tires: did you stick with 17 inches or go down to 16 inches? I went down to 16 inches, as that was what was recommended for plowing through snow and I was afraid the ride would be too rough. The ride's still a little bumpier than with the stock tires, but my husband says they're much smoother than the regular Ultragrip tires we had on our previous Corolla.

The car's handling is still sharp, but it's missing some of that very planted and stable feeling it had with the 17's. Hopefully, the snow will come soon, so I can benefit from them! (No snow yet in Southwestern Ontario)
They are 17 " wheels (Tires Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 - P225/45R17). I like them a lot and they perform very good in snow and ice. Real deep snow is not the TSX's forte.

Excited
Old 12-22-2006, 10:32 PM
TSX4EVR

They're nice, but I still like your Montegi's better.

How about Montegi's for summer too?? Or two of the same is too much?

I have considered these Motegi's as summer tires:

Although I am always interested in summer wheels, the one thing that holds me back a little is that my stock wheels are warranteed and I don't mind them.

Excited
Old 12-22-2006, 10:35 PM
TSX4EVR

I really like these:

Trying to post pictures using ImageShack. Total newbie, so this is probably not going to work.... EDIT: Oh my gosh, it worked. Those are the OEM upgrades.

Is that your TSX?

Excited
Old 12-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Racer

No, those are of someone's else's TSX, but with the OEM upgraded wheels. I had never seen them before on the TSX.

Here is my TSX:

Old 12-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Racer

Excited
I really like this one! (your last one)

I'm with you. I love the TSX's stock wheels (2006), but I am debating whether or not to replace my steel wheels for my winter tires with alloys. I am debating whether I want to go up to 17" for my winter wheels. I do have the option of giving the 16" tires I just bought to my husband, as we need winter tires for his Camry, and apparently, they would fit.

But alloys are quite an expense. I'm not sure I want to do that at this point.

I know there are inexpensive alloys for winter. But not sure I want to buy inexpensive ones, as I'll be paying $ anyways and they wouldn't be for the ones I'd really want.... The following one though (Rial Como), isn't too expensive, and I like them a lot... Hmm..... decisions, decisions. Lots of dough. Never thought about spending such dough before I fell in love with dah TSX! haha!

Quick Reply: Excited - Royal Blue Pearl - "It looks like a jewel"