Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, i can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Cruisin'

Would 06 model release on September or October?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Advanced

anybody know when 2006 models will come out, in a general time, doesnt have to be specific?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Got Ramen?

^ sometime time this year
Old 08-02-2005, 01:42 AM
7thGenAccord

just saw this. http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=384913
Old 08-02-2005, 01:48 AM
7thGenAccord

lol nm.. i should read before i post.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:05 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffS
I thought the JDM Accord came out in the fall of 02 as an 03 model? Then in the spring 03 the TSX/Euro Accord were introduced as 04 models?
Outside of the US there's not much of a MY. Only in NA is the 10th digit in the VIN required to designate MY - rest of the world is optional. That's why you have BMW and others making significant changes all the time and they don't wait for the usual Sept/Oct time frame for the usual MY changes. JDM Accord also came out early 03 and as I mentioned above, it doesn't have a MY per se.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Originally Posted by batman
That means that they body style has been out since 02 in japan and europe.
No it has not. Early 03 worldwide.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

I am anxious to see 06' TSX, but I bet that price will be more expensive. I do mind to buy 04 or 05' TSX with good deal.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
Outside of the US there's not much of a MY. Only in NA is the 10th digit in the VIN required to designate MY - rest of the world is optional. That's why you have BMW and others making significant changes all the time and they don't wait for the usual Sept/Oct time frame for the usual MY changes. JDM Accord also came out early 03 and as I mentioned above, it doesn't have a MY per se.
Thanks Biker!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Royal Blue & Arctic Blue?

Four new exterior colors: Alabaster Silver Metallic replaces Satin Silver, Glacier Blue Metallic replaces Meteor Silver Metallic, and Deep Green Pearl, and Royal Blue Pearl are added

Will Royal Blue and Arctic Blue both be offered, or does Royal Blue actually replace Arctic Blue?

Deep Green is a surprise too as it was never a big seller on the TLs or Accords.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:36 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Can't wait to see pics.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:44 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JeffS
Will Royal Blue and Arctic Blue both be offered, or does Royal Blue actually replace Arctic Blue?
I doubt it; this Royal Blue is really a dark blue (like midnight blue) according the Honda's UK site.

Anyone know anything about this new silver and how in compares to the old one? Looking at Acura's website the new one appears lighter, but they don't always get those color details correct.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Intermediate

Changes will be minimal

OK, everybody take a deep breath. I'm going out on a limb to predict the '06 styling changes will be minimal. The description that triggered this thread is all MARKETING. I don't know what a "composite" tailight is, but it probably means they will be adding a yellow lense to part of the existing tailight. It will probably stay the same basic shape. Also it appears they are modding some of the plastic body fascias and door sills. If you want to see what marketing is, go check out the pictures of the "ALL NEW" Honda Oddyssey on Honda.com. Read the description of all the enhancements, and then tell me if you could really tell that its not an 'O5 when you look at the picture. Yes, the other changes, such as a memory seat, do sound nice, and are worth considering. But are they worth $2500 or more? I don't know. So I wouldn't get too excited about the "all new" '06 TSX. At least, not just yet.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MDBernie
OK, everybody take a deep breath. I'm going out on a limb to predict the '06 styling changes will be minimal. The description that triggered this thread is all MARKETING. I don't know what a "composite" tailight is, but it probably means they will be adding a yellow lense to part of the existing tailight. It will probably stay the same basic shape. Also it appears they are modding some of the plastic body fascias and door sills. If you want to see what marketing is, go check out the pictures of the "ALL NEW" Honda Oddyssey on Honda.com. Read the description of all the enhancements, and then tell me if you could really tell that its not an 'O5 when you look at the picture. Yes, the other changes, such as a memory seat, do sound nice, and are worth considering. But are they worth $2500 or more? I don't know. So I wouldn't get too excited about the "all new" '06 TSX. At least, not just yet.
I'm going to have to agree with MD -- as a public relations executive, building the hype and buzz around any new product/update, etc. is (obviously) standard practice and as seen here, it's done its job of getting everyone all excited about the changes to the 06.

That said, and as a soon to be TSX owner (I was going to buy next weekend), I will admit that since the new 06 information was made public, I am now holding off my purchase until pictures of the 06 come out....can't wait!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Advanced

Who says the difference will be $2500 or more? Granted, the additions are fairly significant, but I doubt Acura can get away with that much price difference for a MMC. Plus, crossing that 30k threshold by a margin seems pretty bold from a market positioning perspective.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kyotousa
haha wtf...
you don't see Mercedes, bmw, audi, volvo change their style every two yrs XD
RSX now TSX crazy...

not even Toyota
BMW E46 sedan came out on 1999 with 323i and 328i. It facelifted on 2001 with 330i and 325i. And E46 328Ci and 323Ci (coupe & converitable) were only exist for MY 2000. Wasn't a guy that bought a 2000 328i has pissed off even more!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:36 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mobidutch
Who says the difference will be $2500 or more? Granted, the additions are fairly significant, but I doubt Acura can get away with that much price difference for a MMC. Plus, crossing that 30k threshold by a margin seems pretty bold from a market positioning perspective.
I not sure why people keeping thinking it'll be that big of a price change -- unless they are '04 or '05 owners then it's just wishful thinking on their part. I remember when Honda did a MMC change on the S2000 back in 2001 (as an '02 model) and added a bunch of new things standard (that used to be options) and the MSRP stayed exactly the same.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by STL
I not sure why people keeping thinking it'll be that big of a price change -- unless they are '04 or '05 owners then it's just wishful thinking on their part. I remember when Honda did a MMC change on the S2000 back in 2001 (as an '02 model) and added a bunch of new things standard (that used to be options) and the MSRP stayed exactly the same.
...and the MSRP stayed exactly the same.

Now who's wishful thinking?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:43 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gpsiir
...and the MSRP stayed exactly the same.

Now who's wishful thinking?
Did I say that I expected the TSX's MSRP to stay the same?

Whereas, several people here have claimed the MSRP will go up $2,000+! Most people here don't even know the real reason behind the $500 bump in MSRP for the 2005s (which had little to do with the added features).
Old 08-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mobidutch

I'm guessing. But let's assume Acura raises the sticker by $800, not unreasonable for a model changeover increase. Then for the first 3-5 months, the dealers will be preying on all the "must haves" and charging sticker price, or even a premium, for the car. And Acura plays into this by shipping small quantities of cars which creates scarcity. If those assumptions hold, the people who buy in the first 5 months of the model year will probably pay $2-2500 than most people are paying now for '05s. I don't think that's a far fetched scenario.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

What''s everyone so worked up about??

Changes are always done every several years to attract new buyers and keep with other other cars in the market.

I dont see this car changing much....sure the interior is changed with new gadgets to keep with with the new Lexus and the new 3-series.

The exterior i believe would just be re-designed bumpers, sides and rear where we can jsut buy if we are interested and slapped onto our 04 n 05 models....

Frankly i dont give care and wont be trading it in for a 'newer model' ... if thats the case then you will ahve to do so every several years since car manufacturers keep adding newer and better stuff year after year. You cant say im going to buy a car next eyar cuz it'll be better than this year, cuz the year after the same model car will be even better...
Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Time will tell, but I doubt the difference will be quite that great. I suspect it'll be closer to a $1000-1500 difference (not talking MSRP here) which most people should be able to fully recoup (relative to used '05 pricing) when the sell the car.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:50 AM
08 MDX with Sports

yeah own'd by all the hype... I was actually thinking "hmm lets wait for retrofit on the front bumper"....
Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MDBernie
I'm guessing. But let's assume Acura raises the sticker by $800, not unreasonable for a model changeover increase. Then for the first 3-5 months, the dealers will be preying on all the "must haves" and charging sticker price, or even a premium, for the car. And Acura plays into this by shipping small quantities of cars which creates scarcity. If those assumptions hold, the people who buy in the first 5 months of the model year will probably pay $2-2500 than most people are paying now for '05s. I don't think that's a far fetched scenario.
I don't think the Acura dealer in my home town will have a waiting list of people, and even if they do I am willing to wait. So if they want my money, they can have it.... but not at sticker, and certainly not at premium. At the end of the day even if they discount they'll still make some money. Comes down to wanting to make a sale now, versus a higher margin sale later. Both result in profit.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by STL
Dude, are you really complaining about sharing paint colors? Don't you know the TSX is the Accord for the "rest of the world"!?! Heck, even the NSX is a Honda is Japan! Both Infiniti and Lexus do just as much sharing as Acura -- and if they didn't the couldn't even make these cars for a reasonible price. I wonder how many prospective customers even know the TSX is an Accord -- and out of that relatively small number how many really care?
STL. Calm down. Please take a look at the Toyota/Lexus websites, and the Nissan/Infiniti websites. You will then find that Toyota offers different paint colors than Lexus, and Nissan offers different paint colors than Inifiniti. Just a fact.

Also, even though the TL is not a "shared" model with Honda, it still uses many of the same paint colors as Honda. Same with the other Acura models.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Pro

I don't think it is worth it to trade up from an 04 or 05 TSX. For the 05 owners, what do you stand to lose on a trade in for the 06? $3k, $4k, $5k? Is that worth the hassle? While the additional features are nice... it is not worth losing all that money for. I would maybe consider trading in my 05 for an 06 if I only stand to lose less than $2k. What about you guys?

At this point, I want more power and more low end torque.. This 06 increase is nice but not overwhelming.. an extra 10 to 15 HP and 10lbs/ft of torque does sound nice though.. I'd rather trade for the 07 Turbo TSX (hopefully) or maybe a TL.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
"Flat wiper blades increase visibility and reduce wind noise"

for getting rid of that huge wiper arm.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:29 AM

The only thing that I care about is the purported auxiliary input for an Ipod. Damn, I wish I had that.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:54 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Cool

Originally Posted by ostrich
STL. Calm down. Please take a look at the Toyota/Lexus websites, and the Nissan/Infiniti websites. You will then find that Toyota offers different paint colors than Lexus, and Nissan offers different paint colors than Inifiniti. Just a fact.

Also, even though the TL is not a "shared" model with Honda, it still uses many of the same paint colors as Honda. Same with the other Acura models.
And I wonder how many prospective Acura buyers even realize that some Hondas may come in some of the same colors? And how many of those would even care enough for it to affect the purchasing decision? Sure seems like no big deal to me.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:04 PM

Either way I still Love My Honda. I have an '04. WHen the '05 changes came out I was a lil bummed, but I got over the heated mirrors and I got over the power pass. seat, and I happen to like my silver steering wheel buttons(personal preference).

But the '06 updates aren't that exciting either. Well to me at least. Except for the engine power differences, that I'm a lil irked about. The exterior diffs will prolly be minimal, honda doesnt do much, ie. '04 to '05 accord, red/clear tails to all red, wow (though they are rumored to be getting LED's next year), S2000 '01 to Now, diff bumpers but lights kept same shape just changed refelctors and what not. Then the RSX same thing bumper changes and lights same shape ( except for those lil dimples on the bottom). But the '01 to '04 civics were i think a diff story, they complety changed the headlights. But tails changed the reflectors. But, if the '06 TSX has the same shape tails but with LED's, I AM SO THERE!!

Any who, all I know is im still happy with my car. Oh, and not to sound like a fool but, in Gran Turismo 4 the Euro-R shown as an '02. Cuz if thats the case then this to me sounds like the usual Honda redisign year mark.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:59 PM
i want my nuku nuku futon

have you guys noticed this blur from TOV about the Honda Pilot/RDX and it says something that the turbo is back in business

"While we're talking about the RDX, there is one piece of info that may be of interest, and this is regarding the on-again, off-again rumors of turbo power. The latest buzz is that supposedly Honda has worked through the NVH and reliability issues that they reportedly faced earlier and are once again preparing a turbocharged motor for the RDX."

so i guess lets not worry too much about the 2006 TSX and think of the brighter future
Old 08-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by STL
And I wonder how many prospective Acura buyers even realize that some Hondas may come in some of the same colors? And how many of those would even care enough for it to affect the purchasing decision? Sure seems like no big deal to me.
At least I did, and I am pretty sure that many others did too.

STL, this is my opinion only. This board is full of opinions, and we don't need to agree all the time. While I love my TSX, there are still things that bother me about it. What is a big deal to someone may not be a big deal to somebody else, and that's OK. I am sure we are all mature enough to realize that :-)

By the way, another piece of fact/information you may find interesting and educational. The UK Accord and Japanese Accord both again have different available paint colors than the TSX. Now, they are all made in the same plant in Japan, right? This again shows that if Honda/Acura wants to, they can do it.

Have a nice day!
Old 08-02-2005, 02:45 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

ostrich,
I realize we don't have to agree, but it just seemed rather silly to me that you are so concerned with paint colors being the same. As long as Acura offers the car you want in the color you want, I don't see any reason to fuss about colors. Furthermore, you went on to say Acura had to stop using Honda components on their cars to form an identity of their own. I think many would argue they already have achieved that by putting more emphasis on performance and luxury. Besides, the less Honda parts they use the more the cars will cost. I'd rather spend $27k for a silver TSX that shares a Honda color than spend $28k for a slightly different silver TSX just because it's an Acura-only color. Different strokes for different folks I guess...
Old 08-02-2005, 02:49 PM
04 remembrance

with STL.

You can't complain about Acura being built on "Honda" products..it's just ridiculous.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Advanced

Stopped in at the Acura dealer today to secure a quote for an '05 in case I won't like the styling changes for the '06. Got quoted 28.3k before TTL, which makes 30k incl. TTL for a 5AT CG/Ebony with navigation. This includes the standard stuff they slap on like splash guards and the not-so-useful-to-me-trunk tray. Not bad, but also not great perhaps...should be able to get the all-season floormats included in that. Anyway, I am digressing.

Of course I asked the manager about the '06 model, and although he did warn me that I would be taking a risk with waiting to order an '05 because they are getting hard to come by, he also did not push me at all. He confirmed the info in vtec news clip based on what his Acura rep mentioned to him last week, and agreed it might be worth waiting for. He expected that the exterior styling changes would be subtle, just because they don't want to make an MMC too radical. He also expected that the price difference would somewhere between 500 and 1000. They typically get pricing info about 2 weeks before getting the cars, and he was guessing that pricing info would become available in October. And lastly, he mentioned that last week they were allowed to place two dealer orders for an '06 TSX - even though pricing is not yet available.

FWIW. (Please note the extensive use of words like "expecting" and "guessing" )
Old 08-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't see this posted yet:

SAE redefines horsepower
SAE re-defining horsepower

The Society of Automotive Engineers has tightened standards for measuring horsepower, and the results are now showing up on spec charts across America. That’s good if you’re building Corvette Z06s, which went from 500 hp to 505, but it could be bad if you end up with a 197-hp (vs. a nice, round 200-hp) Civic. SAE periodically revises the thousands of standards it certifies; horsepower was revised in August 2004 to close loopholes for things like backpressure from exhaust systems, the use of super-lubricity oil in the engine, the number of accessories that must be hooked up during a test—all the things dynamometer monkeys think of to get a better power rating. SAE also added a requirement for an independent witness to certify the horsepower testing. –MARK VAUGHN
Ripped from Autoweek. So, the 205 hp could represent an even larger increase with respect to current metrics.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
it should be around 215-217hp using the current method. This is why I'd like to see dynos of these improvements.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by iamhomin
with STL.

You can't complain about Acura being built on "Honda" products..it's just ridiculous.
Actually, STL and iamhomin, I see your point - I simply did not explain myself very well. What I meant was, I thought it was odd that parts are being so blatantly shared to the point that my windows actually have a "Honda" label on it. Of course, I understand that parts will be shared between Honda and Acura, but I just thought it was odd to have the name "Honda" in very visible places on my car. Now, I never checked this though - do they imprint the name "Honda" on the windows of the TL etc? Just curious. Perhaps it's just a TSX thing, or perhaps not. It's just my curiosity.

Anyway, you got it - different strokes for different folks. Maybe I really would not mind paying an extra $1000 to get a more unique body color?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by iamhomin
with STL.

They are synonymous. All Acura cars are Hondas for Americans who are infatuated by labels. Nobody else in the world cares as much about labels as Americans.

Quick Reply: 2006 TSX Info...