2006 TSX Info...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will Acura update their website to the 2006 TSX??
Old 09-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrthomas
When will Acura update their website to the 2006 TSX??
It probably wont be until after the 06's hit the dealers because otherwise the 05's wont sell.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm taking my TSX in for maintenance tomorrow and I'm gonna snoop around for any info. Also testing a TL 6-sp just to make sure I like the 06 TSX more...
Old 09-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jlukja
It be interesting to compare rim weight, seems the new ones have more material.

funny i was wondering the exact same thing, but i thought the new ones would weigh less...(more spokes to more points on the perimeter allows the perimeter to be lighter/ thinner)

hmmm, it will probably be negligible...

new ones are fine, but i liked the old ones, even if they did remind me of every passat on the road.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Colors

Posted on vtec by n8dog82, the 06 color combos:

Premium White Pearl ------- Parchment / Ebony
Alabaster Silver Metallic ---- Quartz / Ebony
Milano Red ------------------ Parchment / Ebony
Carbon Gray Pearl ----------- Quartz / Ebony
Nighthawk Black Pearl ------ Parchment / Ebony
Royal Blue Pearl ------------- Parchment / Ebony
Arctic Blue ------------------- Quartz / Ebony
Glacier Blue Metallic -------- Quartz / Ebony
Deep Green Pearl ----------- Parchment

I'm impressed. There are 17 combos and finally PWP with Ebony!!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffS
Posted on vtec by n8dog82, the 06 color combos:

Premium White Pearl ------- Parchment / Ebony
Alabaster Silver Metallic ---- Quartz / Ebony
Milano Red ------------------ Parchment / Ebony
Carbon Gray Pearl ----------- Quartz / Ebony
Nighthawk Black Pearl ------ Parchment / Ebony
Royal Blue Pearl ------------- Parchment / Ebony
Arctic Blue ------------------- Quartz / Ebony
Glacier Blue Metallic -------- Quartz / Ebony
Deep Green Pearl ----------- Parchment

I'm impressed. There are 17 combos and finally PWP with Ebony!!
Silly , we have had it all along.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:53 PM
TSX4EVR

I wish that we had all of the colours to chose from the our US brothers have. I haven't seen anything official what the 06 colours will be in Canada!

Excited
Old 09-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by excited
I wish that we had all of the colours to chose from the our US brothers have. I haven't seen anything official what the 06 colours will be in Canada!

Excited
The dealers must know as they've placed their orders for the first allotment. I agree about the color selection but don't they have a better selection of everything?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Racer

"Increased rigidity of upper A-arm reduces NVH"

Will this reduce the amount of noise coming from some road surfaces ? When we took a test-drive of the TSX yesterday, there was more road noise than the TL we rented a week ago.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by curls
Silly , we have had it all along.
Yes, but we had Navi and Carbon Grey before you and you don't even get the Quartz interior!!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

Here's the pics of the 2006 TSX, I think this years model looks better. Just my .02

http://hondanews.com/CatID3045?view=p&page=1
Old 09-10-2005, 12:24 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by feliz
The dealers must know as they've placed their orders for the first allotment. I agree about the color selection but don't they have a better selection of everything?
I have been in constant contact with my dealer and to my knowledge he has not been able to place any orders yet. Has anyone been able to order their 06 TSX in Canada yet?

The dealer told me as soon as the order forms come in he will call me so that I can get my TSX off of the first truckload. Maybe some dealers have received order forms before others, or maybe no one can order yet, or maybe my dealer has been selling me a truckload of something else!

Excited
Old 09-10-2005, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by JeffS
Yes, but we had Navi and Carbon Grey before you and you don't even get the Quartz interior!!
Then again, PWP on Ebony is the best combo. Quartz = dirty after a day.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Advanced

Does someone have a picture of a car in "deep green pearl"? (TSX or some other Honda/Acura?) I looooove green cars. And green-and-tan is an awesome combination.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Racer

I have been in constant contact with my dealer and to my knowledge he has not been able to place any orders yet. Has anyone been able to order their 06 TSX in Canada yet?

The dealer told me as soon as the order forms come in he will call me so that I can get my TSX off of the first truckload. Maybe some dealers have received order forms before others, or maybe no one can order yet, or maybe my dealer has been selling me a truckload of something else!

Excited
Well, I ordered mine, at least according to the dealer but they will tell you anything. They showed me a computer printout of the cars they have coming so I just took ownership of one of them. I don't really see the 06s being in short supply anyway. I was told the release date in Canada is November 26, two weeks after the new EL comes out. Who really knows though!!
Old 09-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mitlov
Does someone have a picture of a car in "deep green pearl"? (TSX or some other Honda/Acura?) I looooove green cars. And green-and-tan is an awesome combination.

you can find it on the u.k. site...

http://www.honda.co.uk

go to cars/accord/ and then build yours...
Old 09-10-2005, 05:18 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by feliz
Well, I ordered mine, at least according to the dealer but they will tell you anything. They showed me a computer printout of the cars they have coming so I just took ownership of one of them. I don't really see the 06s being in short supply anyway. I was told the release date in Canada is November 26, two weeks after the new EL comes out. Who really knows though!!
Did you see a list of colours? What colour did you choose? I did try to get a hold of my salesman today but he was not in. I also went to the dealer today to do more test drives but had not read your post yet so I didn't ask them about it. I will press them on Monday.

Excited
Old 09-10-2005, 06:03 PM
TSX4EVR

I just called the dealership and I guess you can place an order on a 06 TSX. They still don't know the price, colours or options yet though. The salesperson that I talked to suggested that they would cost a couple hundred dollars more than the 05's.

That is probably why my salesman has been holding off having me come in and sign my name because he doesn't have the details. As long as I get one from the first shipment to the dealers I'm okay with waiting.

Excited
Old 09-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Racer

Excited,

My dealer knows the colors for 06, also the colors of the cars they have coming, unless they are giving me a snow job but I did see a computer printout of the cars they have coming.

They don't know the prices yet but I just did a deal for $1,500 under MSRP whatever that will be. I'm sure I could have done better by waiting.

The only reason I wanted to get a deal done is I'm giving my CL to my son and he's anxiosly waiting for the car and is planning a trip as soon as he gets it, needless to say every day it's "when am I getting the car dad". This way I will get the first graphite pearl the dealer gets in and get my son out of my hair .
Old 09-10-2005, 07:04 PM
TSX4EVR

Was it tough to get the $1500 under MSRP? I was just hoping to get the clear bra (about a $500 value) thrown in.

I have to admit I'm not great at wheeling and dealing in getting a great price.

Excited
Old 09-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Racer

Was it tough to get the $1500 under MSRP? I was just hoping to get the clear bra (about a $500 value) thrown in.

Excited
To be honest Excited I didn't even ask, my salesman who I've bought three previous cars from just said "I can give you $1,500 off but I don't think we can do much better", I just said I would take it, I usually dicker a lot more but I'm getting old and find it demeaning to argue for hours. A friend of mine recently got $2,000 off MSRP on a 2005 TSX.

I want some accesories (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks) and they usually give them to me or at the worst charge me their cost. I also always get coffee mugs, a hat, pen, etc thrown in. For example when I bought the CL I had them throw in fog lights, a trunk tray and cassette before I would make the deal, at the time that was worth $1,400 believe it or not.

If you do decide to get the extended warranty you can purchase it for (I think) up to a year after you buy the car and can get a good discount at some dealers, it doesn't have to be purchased where you buy the car. Good luck with your negotiations and let us know how you make out.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Originally Posted by static808
Just read on the official Acura Post that the TSX Parchment interior will have a "new" wood pattern. Interesting to see if the "wood" will be lighter or darker than the current.

[...]
* New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior
[...]
Here's a guess from left field: Maybe they're making this standard, like the fogs. A little Lexusization...
Old 09-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Irfo
Here's a guess from left field: Maybe they're making this standard, like the fogs. A little Lexusization...
That is one gross looking interior.

I hate wood trim used in interiors.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Instructor

unless you're in a car where you get in the back...

Old 09-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mitlov
It is the same green on the 04/05 TL. Do a search in the TL section, you are bound to find some pics of it.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:29 PM
J J
Intermediate

Any pics of the new TSX with a body kit or spoiler on it?
Any idea when it will hit the dealers in US?
Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Irfo
Nope. If you look at the "Temple of VTEC" pictures earlier in this thread, they have pictures of the 2006 interior. The gauges are slightly rearranged and the steering wheel is different, but otherwise it looks the same as the current model.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
J J
Intermediate

Nice new pic of the Acura TSX/Euro Honda Accord!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.motortrend.com/autoshows/.../index1.html#2

Looks good, can't wait to see a body kit on this bad boy...

------
2006 Honda Accord

The Honda Accord has received a variety of exterior, interior, and technology updates for 2006. Have no fear, the changes aren't as extreme as they may appear -- this is the European-market Accord, not the Ohio-built, best-seller adored in America. Stateside, this car is sold as the Acura TSX, a well-executed, four-cylinder, near-lux sedan whose appeal may increase in measure with fuel prices. This Accord features a fresh face, with new headlamps, grille, and front fascia. Likewise, the rear "soft parts" have also been updated, while the sheetmetal remains untouched. On the tech front, the Accord is now available with the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) that uses a camera to help keep the sedan in its lane. As a safety feature, the system will issue a warning with correction, then require the driver to take over so as to not promote hands-free driving. The car also gains adaptive cruise control that uses radar to judge distances to cars in front, then adjusts speed accordingly. Both features should be welcomed on the crowded, high-speed autobahn.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by J J

Nice new pic of the Acura TSX/Euro Honda Accord!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.motortrend.com/autoshows/.../index1.html#2

Looks good, can't wait to see a body kit on this bad boy...

------
2006 Honda Accord

The Honda Accord has received a variety of exterior, interior, and technology updates for 2006. Have no fear, the changes aren't as extreme as they may appear -- this is the European-market Accord, not the Ohio-built, best-seller adored in America. Stateside, this car is sold as the Acura TSX, a well-executed, four-cylinder, near-lux sedan whose appeal may increase in measure with fuel prices. This Accord features a fresh face, with new headlamps, grille, and front fascia. Likewise, the rear "soft parts" have also been updated, while the sheetmetal remains untouched. On the tech front, the Accord is now available with the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) that uses a camera to help keep the sedan in its lane. As a safety feature, the system will issue a warning with correction, then require the driver to take over so as to not promote hands-free driving. The car also gains adaptive cruise control that uses radar to judge distances to cars in front, then adjusts speed accordingly. Both features should be welcomed on the crowded, high-speed autobahn.
Those rims area really nice -- a LOT better than the 9-spoke ones a few pages back (probably happens to be the Euro wheels that are nice and the North American ones that everyones' gonna hate).
Old 09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by curls
Those rims area really nice -- a LOT better than the 9-spoke ones a few pages back (probably happens to be the Euro wheels that are nice and the North American ones that everyones' gonna hate).
Those wheels ARE nice!!! I hate rounded wheels like the ones we're gonna get. Those look so much more upscale and give it the appearance that the wheel is bigger than it really is.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Instructor

that new front end looks pretty decent in those pics...
the wheels are top notch...maybe they'll be an option at the dealer??
Old 09-13-2005, 06:37 PM
J J
Intermediate

I think they will have even better rims as an option at the dealer. My hope is they still offer those grey/gun metal rims, those were the best ones in my opinion. I'm pretty sure if they had some of those for the 2005 left over, you could throw them on the 2006 without an issue as well. They color match the dark grey/gun metal TSX paint job perfectly!

I also think the rims in the new pic are 18 inches, versus the 17 inch rims we will see in the USA.

Anything think this car looks better without a rear wing spoiler?
I think under body spolier kit makes a huge difference on this car, but a rear wing, doesn't seem to do much for it? Thoughts?

Old 09-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Mmm.. Acura cake

Originally Posted by J J
On the tech front, the Accord is now available with the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) . . . The car also gains adaptive cruise control that uses radar to judge distances to cars in front, then adjusts speed accordingly.
I wish they brought these features state-side to the TSX -- especially that adaptive cruise control. I would glady pay extra if they made that an option. I can't imagine having much use for the lane-keeping system, though.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:56 PM
TSX4EVR

Perhaps I am a little biased after just ordering my 06 TSX today but when I look at the TSX pictures on the vtec site (which are really crisp, http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=398963 ) I really do like the wheels on the 06. That doesn't mean I dislike the 05 wheels (as they will be my winter tire set of wheels).

I'm trying not to get too excited as the TSX is not expected to arrive until late November or December. (As luck will have it I will be out of the country the last two weeks of November)

I'm jealous of everyone who is getting the joy out of driving the TSX right now. I sure enjoyed it when I test drove it on six occasions. Some of you have obviously have driven nice cars for a while. The TSX will be the best vehicle I have ever owned and I am really looking forward to it.

I'm not sure how much the extra horsepower will show itself. I was overjoyed with the existing power. The TSX handles so well!!!! Man, I guess I'm getting EXCITED, I feel like I am going to with excitment.

Really, really Excited
Old 09-13-2005, 09:46 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by J J
I also think the rims in the new pic are 18 inches, versus the 17 inch rims we will see in the USA.
Yup, those sure look like 18 inchers on the euro Accord.

Originally Posted by J J
Anything think this car looks better without a rear wing spoiler?
I think under body spolier kit makes a huge difference on this car, but a rear wing, doesn't seem to do much for it?
I agree with you on both.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

I'm not sure how much the extra horsepower will show itself.
I think it will be more noticeable than some '04/'05 owners will want to admit. I base that on various comments Acura has made about the 2006 changes. Here are a couple:
For 2006, crank balance weight was optimized and the connecting rods were strengthened to handle the increased RPMs and reduce vibration caused by the additional engine power.
To handle the increased horsepower, Acura strengthened this torque converter for 2006 by enlarging the diameter of the boss weld from 25mm to 35mm.
I also believe the new intake and exhaust changes will make the car respond even better to simple intake and header mods. I can't wait to see a dyno...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Instructor

I hate phony wood interiors - leave those to Buick.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:38 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by STL
I think it will be more noticeable than some '04/'05 owners will want to admit.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:01 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dom
Originally Posted by STL
I think it will be more noticeable than some '04/'05 owners will want to admit.
Case in point?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by STL
Case in point?
Well done.

Quick Reply: 2006 TSX Info...