Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by myron
how do you guys feel about puddle lights and door handle lights like some VIP jdm and some euro cars have. Google if you don't know what it is. These would be wired to come on only when you lock/unlock the car, and would fade just as the interior lights would fade. I am playing with the idea of doing this, wiring is pretty simple it seems, and parts are pretty cheap. I just don't know if the LEDs would hold in out climate and -40 temperatures.
I'm on the fence about those two mods. I can see the puddle lights flowing with your 2G much better if it was lowered. Same with the door handles, I'm not a fan of them on a 2G or a 3G for that matter. If you get the puddle lights, I'd be worried about moisture from the winter getting into them or damage from driving over deep mounds of snow. Are the door handle leds encased in anything or exposed? They would have to be built tough to start up in -40 degree weather.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
I'm on the fence about those two mods. I can see the puddle lights flowing with your 2G much better if it was lowered. Same with the door handles, I'm not a fan of them on a 2G or a 3G for that matter. If you get the puddle lights, I'd be worried about moisture from the winter getting into them or damage from driving over deep mounds of snow. Are the door handle leds encased in anything or exposed? They would have to be built tough to start up in -40 degree weather.
I don't think the puddle lights would withstand all the rocks and shit winter we have to deal with. Not to mention temperatures. It's a cheap mod but unless I put some plexiglass to cover the puddle lights, they would be gone under a month haha

door handle lights on the other hand would be tucked in there held in by silicone. They would not be covered from cold tho, and the ones I have seen so far are rated down to -25ish so don't know if they will hold at -40. I think I will give it a try in the door handles, might be a cool thing to play with, if it works or not. Those LEDs are dirty cheap, resistors too and wires as well. I think I can get it all done for under 15$ or less. Just time consuming taking off the door panels
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Pro

Haha are you willing to make a fiberglass housing for it though? I worry about the whole underbody of the car during winter. Snow is packed so high in the residential areas it might rip/damage anything if you accidentally run over a raised portion.

Damn $15 is cheap. Speaking of which I need to take off my passenger door panel. That stupid door sensor has been going off again and I might have to add some extra padding to it. I already had the part replaced but it seems from reading around on threads it's a common problem regardless of the part being brand new or not.

Oh yeah I'm down for a meet too. Have we decided on a time and place yet? I assume it's happening this Sunday?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Haha are you willing to make a fiberglass housing for it though? I worry about the whole underbody of the car during winter. Snow is packed so high in the residential areas it might rip/damage anything if you accidentally run over a raised portion.

Damn $15 is cheap. Speaking of which I need to take off my passenger door panel. That stupid door sensor has been going off again and I might have to add some extra padding to it. I already had the part replaced but it seems from reading around on threads it's a common problem regardless of the part being brand new or not.

Oh yeah I'm down for a meet too. Have we decided on a time and place yet? I assume it's happening this Sunday?
not make a housing for it, just cut some plexiglass and cover the holes where the lights would go, screw it in there. And LEDs would be on the inside of the side skirt, shining throught a hole, not hanging off the skirt pointing down. Then they would get ripped off just getting off the driveway in the winter haha

I didn't know you had door sensor problems. When did this happen and how expensive is the fix? If you need any help let me know.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:17 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1. Raj
2. Quyen
3. Mitch
4. Aaron
5. Arthur
6. Jeff

I have some things to do on Sunday. I'll be a maybe.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 AM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think someone said the U of A? I'm guessing like somewhere around or before evening time like 6 would be fair for everyone?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Pro

not make a housing for it, just cut some plexiglass and cover the holes where the lights would go, screw it in there. And LEDs would be on the inside of the side skirt, shining throught a hole, not hanging off the skirt pointing down. Then they would get ripped off just getting off the driveway in the winter haha

I didn't know you had door sensor problems. When did this happen and how expensive is the fix? If you need any help let me know.
Ohhh lol I didn't know it was going to be housed inside the side skirt. That makes so much more sense haha.

The door sensor problem has been bugging me for several months now. I had it "fixed" a little while back at the Honda dealership but it has recently begun acting up again. I think the part itself was around $20 and I don't remember how much the install was. Yeah for sure I'll have to do some more reading on it before I figure out what fully needs to be done.

So the new relay came in the mail for my DRL kit. I had a go at the install again today and sadly, no luck. Doesn't look like the relay fixed anything. To add to it, one of the wires on the resistor plate came off. I contacted customer service again so we'll see what happens now. Who would have thought there would be this much hassle for a DRL kit
Old 10-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may have to leave early, but other than that anyone decide on the time and meeting place?

Myron - Im wondering if what it will work on the CU2 with an A-Spec bodykit?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
EdmTSX, were you the tsx with single exhaust and bronze wheels that I saw at Calgary Tr a couple weeks ago?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PO_TSX19
I may have to leave early, but other than that anyone decide on the time and meeting place?

Myron - Im wondering if what it will work on the CU2 with an A-Spec bodykit?
if puddle lights will work on your 2G TSX with a-spec? I don't know I haven't seen the underside of the side skirt on that car, if it's just flat then yea it'll work.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Ohhh lol I didn't know it was going to be housed inside the side skirt. That makes so much more sense haha.

The door sensor problem has been bugging me for several months now. I had it "fixed" a little while back at the Honda dealership but it has recently begun acting up again. I think the part itself was around $20 and I don't remember how much the install was. Yeah for sure I'll have to do some more reading on it before I figure out what fully needs to be done.

So the new relay came in the mail for my DRL kit. I had a go at the install again today and sadly, no luck. Doesn't look like the relay fixed anything. To add to it, one of the wires on the resistor plate came off. I contacted customer service again so we'll see what happens now. Who would have thought there would be this much hassle for a DRL kit
Yea they don't stick down. I mean it all depends how you mount them, but that's not how I would do it. That'd be pretty sloppy and not slick at all.

For real the relay/harness doesn't work again. WTF could it be? Maybe ask Sanjay to try and hook it up for you. I got an aftermarket harness to wire in my new HIDs in the 2G and that harness seemed to be pretty shitty quality too. but it worked. You may need to use those resistors that came with it. We never tried to hook them up with those did we? Did you use those when you hooked them up? It's worth a try
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 AM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
1. Raj
2. Quyen
3. Mitch
4. Aaron
5. Arthur
6. Jeff
7. Ricky

does 5pm work for everyone? U of A work for all? or hawrelak park? please give your input. we can always move time/place around so everyone can make it. hopefully the weather is good on sunday. lol...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Suzuka Master

1. Raj
2. Quyen
3. Mitch
4. Aaron
5. Arthur
6. Jeff
7. Ricky
8. Miran

5pm works for me
Old 10-19-2011, 12:10 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Originally Posted by edmua6
EdmTSX, were you the tsx with single exhaust and bronze wheels that I saw at Calgary Tr a couple weeks ago?

haha yea that was me. I was wondering if that was you lol.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Pro

Yea they don't stick down. I mean it all depends how you mount them, but that's not how I would do it. That'd be pretty sloppy and not slick at all.

For real the relay/harness doesn't work again. WTF could it be? Maybe ask Sanjay to try and hook it up for you. I got an aftermarket harness to wire in my new HIDs in the 2G and that harness seemed to be pretty shitty quality too. but it worked. You may need to use those resistors that came with it. We never tried to hook them up with those did we? Did you use those when you hooked them up? It's worth a try
Yeah I've been using those resistors ever since I found this video on step-by-step directions by v-leds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLJm4...el_video_title

I'm not sure what Sanjay would be able to do since he hooked his up without the resistors. I tried again without resistors using the new relay but nothing. I got so fed up I just left everything in there and now I'm driving with LEDS in the drl socket but no light. It's already been ruled out it isn't a faulty harness or bulb since I tested the bulbs with a 9V battery to make sure they work. I'm quite certain the resistors work since one of the wires came off of them. I reconnected and the DRL indicator on the dash went away. When I left it disconnected, the DRL indicator came back on. Possibly faults would now only be the relay harness itself. Gawd damn.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
haha yea that was me. I was wondering if that was you lol.
haha. clean TSX!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah I've been using those resistors ever since I found this video on step-by-step directions by v-leds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLJm4...el_video_title

I'm not sure what Sanjay would be able to do since he hooked his up without the resistors. I tried again without resistors using the new relay but nothing. I got so fed up I just left everything in there and now I'm driving with LEDS in the drl socket but no light. It's already been ruled out it isn't a faulty harness or bulb since I tested the bulbs with a 9V battery to make sure they work. I'm quite certain the resistors work since one of the wires came off of them. I reconnected and the DRL indicator on the dash went away. When I left it disconnected, the DRL indicator came back on. Possibly faults would now only be the relay harness itself. Gawd damn.
that sucks man. That's shitty that this is giving you so many problems when it's suppose to be relatively an easy mod you. Just get rid of the DRL all together. I think there is a DRL relay under the dash (I did this on my 2G, maybe it's the same for 3G), take it out and your DRL won't be on, and you won't have a dash light either.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:18 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

haha. clean TSX!
Thanks man!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Also for the meet, I would be available around 5:30/6 so I would be late.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Pro

I might be there around 530. Rockin my winter stockies.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i might be rockin my stocks too.. i messed up my front tires last week after a stupid cat ran infront of my car and since my abs is out my tires locked, i now have nice flat spots on my new summers :'( andddd where exactly are we meeting then? hawrlark park? or how about kinsmen parking lot? only 5mins from uni area and its a big parking lot
Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Pro

I say we meet at the same place again (Tim's near UC) so we could get some coffee. lol
Old 10-19-2011, 10:22 PM
TL Owner

I say we meet at the same place again (Tim's near UC) so we could get some coffee. lol
I second that ^__^

5:30 at Timmies near UC on a sunday sounds good.
I'll have my new Injen CAI installed by then.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Pro

I kind of do want to scrap the whole DRL thing but I spent over $100 for the kit, I don't want to let it just go to waste. I do like the idea of 6K bulbs for DRL, I'll have to see what customer service says. I must have gotten a really faulty kit, their switchbacks are perfect and it seems like Sanjay's DRL kit is perfectly fine as well. Somehow he doesn't even get the error on his dash when he doesn't have the resistors installed.

Oh yeah I'm in:

1. Raj
2. Quyen
3. Mitch
4. Aaron
5. Arthur
6. Jeff
7. Ricky
8. Miran
9. Vincent

Keep in mind guys the sun sets a little past 6 so we need somewhere with decent lighting.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:19 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

My friend might be coming along with me, he doesn't have an Acura tho..he has an 07 Mazdaspeed 3 lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i guess UC timmy works too... im sure its gonna be cold out too so a nice hot coffee would be great! lol latest person buys? hahaha :p
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 AM
6MT

yaa tims on gateway works!..so 5 to 5-30...

@arthur....why u installing ur stockies already? if u got winter tires on those i would wait until it gets a little colder...
Old 10-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This might sound wierd but whats UC, and are we talking about the the Timmys thats near the U of A hospital. Im terrible at finding locations .
Old 10-20-2011, 04:06 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

UC = United Cycle I believe.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by riicky
yaa tims on gateway works!..so 5 to 5-30...

@arthur....why u installing ur stockies already? if u got winter tires on those i would wait until it gets a little colder...
It is cold already. Lol. I always go out early (630) and the temp is always between -2 to 2. As far as I know, summer tires are only good until +7. Lol. What do u think?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
6MT

yes...UC is united cycle. its on gateway on the left before whyte ave...
ya but u gotta think what the temp is during the day....i would wait until first or second week of nov. ...i am gonna run my summer wheels on my axis wheels until i get my beater ...lol
Old 10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Pro

Haha yeah I'm probably running my summers until temperatures are hovering around 0 all day.

Ricky you aren't winter driving the TL? Are you lowered or running stock height? That was one of the deciding factors for getting my car. If I can drive it year round since I would prefer to be driving in a car I really enjoy for all 12 months of the year rather than 5-6 months of the year.

Last edited by v|nsan|ty; 10-20-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Pro

Alright, I guess, I will still rock my summers for at least a week. More Vtec! lol.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
TL Owner

If I can drive it year round since I would prefer to be driving in a car I really enjoy for all 12 months of the year rather than 5-6 months of the year.
Haha that's the same reason which made me get a TL too.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:00 AM
6MT

Ricky you aren't winter driving the TL? Are you lowered or running stock height? That was one of the deciding factors for getting my car. If I can drive it year round since I would prefer to be driving in a car I really enjoy for all 12 months of the year rather than 5-6 months of the year.[/quote]

no i wont be winter driving my TL this year. It took enough beating last year. i am on stock height for now. plus i need to get tire for the stock wheels so why waste money on those when i am only gonna use them during the winter instead i got a winter car...well the car is for free FTW lol...
Old 10-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by riicky
Ricky you aren't winter driving the TL? Are you lowered or running stock height? That was one of the deciding factors for getting my car. If I can drive it year round since I would prefer to be driving in a car I really enjoy for all 12 months of the year rather than 5-6 months of the year.
no i wont be winter driving my TL this year. It took enough beating last year. i am on stock height for now. plus i need to get tire for the stock wheels so why waste money on those when i am only gonna use them during the winter instead i got a winter car...well the car is for free FTW lol...[/QUOTE]

haha free car FTW. I got my 2G back from my parents for free. I gave it to them in the first place but it was nice when I sold the 3G to just not spend that money on another car.

By the way if anyone is looking for some wheels, with some crazy offsets, on 780 there is a set of rpf1's, here is the link: http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...-1-Matte-black.

If I had the 3G still I would definitely consider getting these and going slammed next summer with some stretch tire and a lot of camber
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

lol weathernetwork says rain/snow for sunday.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:19 AM
6MT

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
lol weathernetwork says rain/snow for sunday.
ya i just checked the weather and they say rain/snow for sunday. i guess we will wait and see what they say tomorrow. so meet still happening now matter what?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 AM
TL Owner

Let's hope the weather network is wrong...
Old 10-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Pro

The weather network changes its forecast like every 10 minutes. LOL. IMO they are the worst in forecasts.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's