Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
They are not in series, but could be a burnt out circuit board on the radio, might want to look into warranty replacement if you have warranty still.

Car goes in the shop on dec 6 for repair, when its back out, wanna do a cut polish on the rest of the car vince?! :P in this cold ass weather? I'll provide heat!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:06 AM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by myron
I thought you didn't have insurance, well only one way? So your car won't be covered, only the car you hit.
Yeah my insurance will cover the other guy, and I'm hoping they give me a one time mercy.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:37 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ArenHam
Yeah my insurance will cover the other guy, and I'm hoping they give me a one time mercy.
Hey that sucks, she's not looking too pretty now but doesn't look overly bad. If I were you i'd check out some car auctions, Osman has one every week and you can get some cheap beaters there if you know what to look out for. I go all the time.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:37 PM
TL Owner

Originally Posted by Taylor W
Hey that sucks, she's not looking too pretty now but doesn't look overly bad. If I were you i'd check out some car auctions, Osman has one every week and you can get some cheap beaters there if you know what to look out for. I go all the time.
Yeah I already got a beater civic on the way as a temp car until my baby gets fixed.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Saw your thread on the 3G TL section Arenham. Sorry to hear about the accident. My car was involved in one early in the summer. I still need to get a new hood mine has a huge dent in it. I usually check craigslist every week. I often see parts for AM TL's. My color PMM is much harder to find.

To give you some estimates. I saw a AM TL hood and front bumper going for $100 each. They were in okay shape. For the headlights look in the market place as myron stated, you can sometimes score a deal.

Another thing I want to say. My car went into a ditch at a high rate of speed. The bumper was hanging off on one side, the mirror fell off and the hood was banged up. I took the car to a few body shops to see how much they would charge to fix.....each shop quoted me $8k-$12k in damages. I honestly had no idea what to do and I am young like you, my parents did not want to pay the insurance deductible since it was my fault. I had no money to fix it or anything just only $100 saved up. I parked the car the whole summer until I got enough money for new bumper and mirror. Scored the bumper for $150 and got the mirror for $240.

Took it to my friends dads shop and they told me the damage was nothing at all. They replaced the bumper+mirror for $10 and the car sits today fine. I still need to get a new hood and someone backed into my new bumper screwing it up once again but what can you do. I honestly suggest for you to take your car somewhere else, different friend or something. Luckily I had another car, if you get a used beater, park the TL and just look for good deals.

Good luck .
Old 11-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkness.
They are not in series, but could be a burnt out circuit board on the radio, might want to look into warranty replacement if you have warranty still.

Car goes in the shop on dec 6 for repair, when its back out, wanna do a cut polish on the rest of the car vince?! :P in this cold ass weather? I'll provide heat!
I doubt I still have warranty on it, car came with standard warranty and I didn't purchase extended. Replacing a circuit board does not sound cheap

Haha I can polish the car in the spring for you but it will be too difficult to do in December. I need a constant source of water and I wouldn't want you to freeze up your lines. I would end up turning your driveway into a skating rink too. Plus I wouldn't only do a cut polish. After compounding, it leaves some serious hazing on the paint and it will need to be further refined with another finishing polish. Repainted panels are quite tricky too. They are at times an entirely different animal when correcting compared to factory paint.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:08 PM
TL Owner

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
Saw your thread on the 3G TL section Arenham. Sorry to hear about the accident. My car was involved in one early in the summer. I still need to get a new hood mine has a huge dent in it. I usually check craigslist every week. I often see parts for AM TL's. My color PMM is much harder to find.

To give you some estimates. I saw a AM TL hood and front bumper going for $100 each. They were in okay shape. For the headlights look in the market place as myron stated, you can sometimes score a deal.

Another thing I want to say. My car went into a ditch at a high rate of speed. The bumper was hanging off on one side, the mirror fell off and the hood was banged up. I took the car to a few body shops to see how much they would charge to fix.....each shop quoted me $8k-$12k in damages. I honestly had no idea what to do and I am young like you, my parents did not want to pay the insurance deductible since it was my fault. I had no money to fix it or anything just only $100 saved up. I parked the car the whole summer until I got enough money for new bumper and mirror. Scored the bumper for $150 and got the mirror for $240.

Took it to my friends dads shop and they told me the damage was nothing at all. They replaced the bumper+mirror for $10 and the car sits today fine. I still need to get a new hood and someone backed into my new bumper screwing it up once again but what can you do. I honestly suggest for you to take your car somewhere else, different friend or something. Luckily I had another car, if you get a used beater, park the TL and just look for good deals.

Good luck .
Damn thanks a lot man, appreciate your story a lot! I'm gonna go check craigslist then.

Yeah my friends private autoshop is going to try to help me out.
In the meanwhile, I'm going to get a beater civic until my TL is fixed!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
I doubt I still have warranty on it, car came with standard warranty and I didn't purchase extended. Replacing a circuit board does not sound cheap

Haha I can polish the car in the spring for you but it will be too difficult to do in December. I need a constant source of water and I wouldn't want you to freeze up your lines. I would end up turning your driveway into a skating rink too. Plus I wouldn't only do a cut polish. After compounding, it leaves some serious hazing on the paint and it will need to be further refined with another finishing polish. Repainted panels are quite tricky too. They are at times an entirely different animal when correcting compared to factory paint.
It wouldnt be at my place, it would be at a shop
Old 11-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Pro

I'd still recommend holding off until the spring though. With the snow and ice, it would be easy to induce swirl marks and marring. At least by holding off until winter is gone, the car can be polished when the weather is good and look its best during the summer months. I've sealed my car from head to toe in multiple layers of wax and hope for the best this winter. I'm certain I'll get a few swirls here and there but I plan to do a light polish on my car once spring hits to level the paint and bring back the gloss.

I'll gladly work on a fellow KBP TL-S sometime in May or earlier, depending on weather conditions. Also, I'm quite low on some essential polishes but I planned it this way so I won't have to restock until next season. I foresee myself purchasing plenty of new goodies next year to aide in polishing
Old 11-15-2011, 01:37 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@Aaron - Man that sucks. Good luck with the fix!

@Ricky - I have eBay fog lights and HIDs in them and they are fine. I also have Lamin-X protective films on them to prevent cracking or breaking.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Pro

Anyone in the Namao area often? I've seen a modded TSX parked there every now and then. It's white with what looks like a Mugen front grille that is color matched at the bottom. I think I saw some red Honda badges on it and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Anyone in the Namao area often? I've seen a modded TSX parked there every now and then. It's white with what looks like a Mugen front grille that is color matched at the bottom. I think I saw some red Honda badges on it and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.
I see that car a lot. It's got black wheels with red lip I think, lip kit all around.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:18 AM
TL Owner

Hey guys whats some good local places to get some parts for a TL?
I'm checking out Hondatoy but anyone know of any other places?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 AM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
@edmtsx...thanks for the reply buddy!

@arenhem...try black gold in nisku. thats all i can think of bro!

BTW does anyone have a spare tire that will fit the 3rd gen TL stock wheel? just need one and looking to spend very little money or free ! lol... I dont care if it doesnt have any treads left on it as long as it holds air!! thanks in advance! (my last option is i use the spare wheel in trunk)
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
^aw man, you should have told me months ago. I threw my all seasons when I mounted my winter tires.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Advanced

Yeah I do, come get it.
But Im going to lecture you anyways! Stop driving on summer tires in the friggin winter!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Pro

Lol dude how do you even properly drive in the winter without appropriate tires? I had troubles here and there while I was downtown today even with my Blizzaks.

Some people were driving like absolute idiots today. There are those who are going 30 under even though the road was decent since so many cars had paved the snow down to pavement and then those who drive like it's still summer, barely driving a car apart and tapping their brakes incessantly since they're tailing. Good job drivers.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Pro

^No kidding, you are maintaining a distance to the next car and people cut your off like crazy.

And Ricky has a winter beater.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:46 AM
6MT

Originally Posted by Darkness.
Yeah I do, come get it.
But Im going to lecture you anyways! Stop driving on summer tires in the friggin winter!
haha thanks for the lecture bro!! i got a beater this winter but it all season tires on...FTW!! lol.. the TL is stored in a garage this year. i just need to remove the axis wheels for the winter so i can work on them and put the bald stockiess on but one tire is has cracks in it and looses air in couple days...thanks for the tire i will be there sometime this weekend to pick it up ...

and speaking of people driving crazy, when i was on my way to work say a vehicle rapped around a light pole on the 216, like the rear wheels were about 2 feet apart from the steer wheels! AND guess what it was!! Ford F250! he thought he can go thru anything and everything just cause he has 4 wheel drive! the light pole approved him wrong!!! haha try explaining that to ur wife! LMAO!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
TL Owner

Hey does anybody know of a good/cheap mechanic shop? My friend is busy and taking way too long to to fix my TL, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out?
Old 11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Pro

This thread has been dead for a few days surprisingly.

Anyone cashing in on any of the Black Friday deals online? I got some shirts from Threadless lol...
Old 11-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Pro

Yea. lol. I'm debating if I should order a Progress RSB.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Suzuka Master

it's been dead because I don't have 3G any more :-(

haha
Old 11-24-2011, 02:48 PM
TL Owner

it's been dead because I don't have 3G any more :-(

haha
Neither do I....
Old 11-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Neither do I....
are you still trying to fix it or called it quits and you gonna total it?
Old 11-24-2011, 04:15 PM
TL Owner

are you still trying to fix it or called it quits and you gonna total it?
I'm gonna fix it, I already ordered the parts and stuff so I can't back out now!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm gonna fix it, I already ordered the parts and stuff so I can't back out now!
nice nice you got all the parts coming? Was it really really expensive?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:53 PM
6MT

after buying a new snap-on tool box and whole bunch of tools i am badly broke!! lol no more shopping until spring now! ...
anyone doing winter mods?
Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Pro

@Myron - Lol treat yourself to a nice Christmas present, a 3G TL-S

@Aaron - Nice man. Get that thing ready for spring!

@Ricky - I was looking around for car starters. Called up Certified Radio and it's about $800 for a 2-way, over $1000 with security system. Places like Best Buy and visions is cheaper but the wait time is until January. I think I'll hold off on the starter lol.

I will strip my interior soon and take apart the centre console to try and see if I have a loose wire behind my radio before I take it into the shop. Lights are still out but everything remains functional. Bugs me at night since it seems so empty. While the parts are out, I'll probably wrap them in 3M di-noc to see how I like it.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:42 PM
6MT

@vince...the waiting time is unreal!! plus the weather doesnt look to bad for the week or so but again its alberta so it could change any minute.

BTW anyone has a used aftermarket deck/cd player laying around that they wanna sell? nothing to fancy at all!.. the one in my beater just quit on me when it was -25 last week...thanks in advance..
Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 PM
TL Owner

nice nice you got all the parts coming? Was it really really expensive?
Yeah ordered the parts, its expensive but not that expensive.

@Vince - Thanks! Right now I'm not much in a rush to fix it so yeah Spring will when my TL can ride again!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:11 AM

@Vince - I know a guy that did my moms starter/alarm and did a great job. If you want, i can get a quote for you? Would you prefer Titan or Compustar? Lemme know!
Old 11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Suzuka Master

also Jbond is an installer at Visions. You can give him a call and see what the prices would be. He installed my 2-way and it works awesome, I love it
Old 11-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Pro

@Gnuey_M - Yeah that would be great. I'd prefer Compustar.

@myron - Justin still works at Visions? I thought he works at FS now lol. Yeah I'll have to see what prices are. I don't really mind not having a starter but if it's going to cost around $800 I rather pay that much for coilovers and labor to install it next year.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

yea he still works at visions. I talked to him on the weekend.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:12 PM
TL'er

I was talking to my buddy who owns a Car audio shop and he said 2 Way Start/Alarm for TL like 550
Old 11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by iMitchell
I was talking to my buddy who owns a Car audio shop and he said 2 Way Start/Alarm for TL like 550
are you sure it's alarm as well? Because they usually install a 2 way for 500-550 but it's your stock alarm system. Just works of the new remote.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:41 PM
TL'er

It might just be the starter, Ill see when I go get mine installed, Just sitting here in a box
Old 11-28-2011, 09:11 PM

@Vince - Alright so got a quote back from him.

$550 2-Way Compustar Installed
Includes:
-Key integration
-Power locks
-Factory alarm integration
-Trunk release
Old 11-28-2011, 09:13 PM

^ It is Starter AND Alarm as well. (Forgot to include that haha)

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's