AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Western Canada (https://acurazine.com/forums/western-canada-324/)
-   -   Edmonton Acuraziner's (https://acurazine.com/forums/western-canada-324/edmonton-acuraziners-811213/)

v|nsan|ty 03-10-2011 05:57 PM

Edmonton Acuraziner's

Okay seeing as how there is a Calgary and Vancouver thread, why not have one dedicated to Edmonton as well? I know there are a decent amount of Edmontonians (what a :ghey: word) out there so chime in! Introduce yourself and let us know what car you drive. Hopefully this thread can bring out more Edmonton members so we can offer each other help and support locally. I see a few modded acura's here and there, especially some 3G TL-S's so why not introduce yourself and get to know other local members :thumbsup:.

myron 03-10-2011 07:53 PM

nice. We can find some members from here. I see some modded TLs around Edmonton, some of them may be on this site.

v|nsan|ty 03-10-2011 10:34 PM

Looks like I forgot to do what I asked everyone else to do in this thread. :doh:

Hi my name is Vincent and I drive a 07 KBP TL-S. I am mostly stock right not except for a few subtle "mods" if you can even call them that. I plan on doing quite a bit in the spring/summer time as this is my first car I will be modding. Who's next?

myron 03-10-2011 11:00 PM

haha yea you forgot to do that.

My name is Myron, 2005 SSM TL. A-spec front, rear. Lowered. Black grill and really bright license plate light, like really bright. If you see me, you will know it's me haha And also getting the black roof this summer and some 19s.

edmua6 03-10-2011 11:16 PM

My name is Arthur and I'm from Southwest. lol. I drive a 3G WDP. De-badged, rear tint, TL-S trunk lip spoiler. I have a lot of plans this summer. XLR8 quads, BBS LMs, suspension, A-Spec Kit, accord fog lights, and probably black roof.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

riicky 03-10-2011 11:42 PM

nice idea!! name is ricky, from summer side, southwest. driver a 04 TL (WDP) 6MT. like everyone else i got plans as well, exhuast, rims, black roof and some other small things. if you see wdp with 10,000k headlight...thats me! :)...hopefully we can get enough members for group and stuffs!

edmua6 03-10-2011 11:54 PM

nice to see another WDP TL here. we should definitely go out someday, BBQ and stuff. Even an Azine meet with the calgary peeps.

riicky 03-11-2011 12:06 AM

^^ yaaa i am down for that. just waiting for this snow to melt!! :@

v|nsan|ty 03-11-2011 05:30 PM

Awesome looks like everyone here wants a black roof. I want to do mine in glossy CF vinyl. Is everyone going the vinyl route or painting? Lol it will be easy to distinguish in the summer if another 3G driver is from acurzine. They have a black roof :tomato:

Having a meet in the future would be really cool. Sure we wouldn't draw crowds like the meets down in the states but at least we can meet fellow enthusiasts. I've never been down for those 780tuners meets. Not my thing.

riicky 03-11-2011 07:14 PM

yaa i am thinking of glossy vinyl as well...easier to remove in the future if i dont like it anymore. ya i haven't been to any meets or anything either but i think it'll be pretty cool...

edmua6 03-11-2011 08:48 PM

Yea ive never been to a 780 meet before. I just lurk at that forum.

Whoever decides to do a black roof let me know how much did it cost. Fog lights and vinyl roof are my least priorities.

riicky 03-12-2011 12:00 AM

i asked a place couple months ago, they said 500 for glossy and i think 600 for the carbon vinyl. gonna call some more place in a month or so. maybe get a better price for more cars.

edmua6 03-12-2011 12:39 AM

glossy should be good. but 500 is a little bit too much imo. id rather get some RSB, TBS, etc. :D

tsxsingh 03-12-2011 04:04 AM

yeoooooooooo someone finalllly started the Edm thread... good! lol
my name is Raj... hi class! and today for show and tell i bring to you my 04 tsx with A spec kit (red in colour), so far i've done cai, throttle body spacer, headers with down pipe, and full cat back, also tinted the tails and head lights, 6000k in the fogs, which rocks broke the F'in fogs AGAIN :'( also put in my sub(s) changed out all the speakers, added alarm/starter, 18" rims(summer).... thats about it for now... as for the black roof top, i've thought about it... it'd look cool but meh.. as for a meet im down, i've gone and set up alot of meets with my old car and forums, was fun, went to drives and or just hung out, did some photo shoots.. and no it wasn't a 780 thing, i had a domestic b4, we were laughed upon :( yet i still raped civics and teggie type R's lol, a good meeting spot since were all mostly from the southside would be the ikea in south common.. oh yeah im from millhoods btw!

oh yeah i just added something else... broken front bumper! and today a flat tire! wooo! lol it'll be nice to meet you guy, and grab some beers!

myron 03-12-2011 10:00 AM

I am doing my black roof myself. I got some black vinyl from a vendor here for 65$ shipped and all. So for that much money I don't really car if I fuck up or not. I was not ready to pay 500-600$ for this job. Garage Works wants 500$ to do the roof, I checked. If mine turns out ok I will post pics or we could have a meet and greet kind of this so you guys can see it. Maybe I can get you guys deals on this from a buddy that does this. If enough guys are interested, I will tell him to see with his boss if they wanna do cheaper or something. Last summer they wanted 300$ for it, but I will see for the prices now

v|nsan|ty 03-12-2011 12:27 PM

Flat tires are the worst in this weather. I had 4 flats from November to January. Needless to say I changed from aftermarket wheels back to stock.
Damn Raj nice setup.. post an audio clip?

Yeah I definitely wouldn't shell out $500-$600 for a black roof. I was just planning on doing it myself. It doesn't seem like a terribly demanding task. Get a buddy or two, have heatguns/hair dryer's and be patient. There are quite a few videos and DIY's out there.

Myron did you get the vinyl from ack or blue bat? Do you know if he has glossy cf? That's a good price to cover up the roof. I still need to send in my sidemarkers to ack. I should probably contact him about that lol.

riicky 03-12-2011 03:00 PM

ya i am down for the black roof DIY. Myron let me know if u can get me glossy back. BTW guys i am doing apprenticeship for HET so we can always go to my work and work on car in doors. plus got air tools and what not. so let me know...speaking of flats!!! had to put my spare on in -30 at 6 am couple weeks ago!! cant get worst then that!

edmua6 03-12-2011 08:13 PM

^ where is HET? I need a place to install my a spec kit and i don't even have the right tools..

riicky 03-12-2011 11:19 PM

HET...heavy equipment tech..(truck mechanic) i work for maxim truck and trailer in west end. i want an a spec kit. where did you get yours from? how much?

tsxsingh 03-13-2011 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty (Post 12777921)
Flat tires are the worst in this weather. I had 4 flats from November to January. Needless to say I changed from aftermarket wheels back to stock.
Damn Raj nice setup.. post an audio clip?

sound clip of the exhaust and cai or audio system?
and this is my 3rd damn flat this winter.. i swear someone has a hate on for me on my block... prob this old guy cus my music and car is to loud lol... also with the vinyl wouldn't it shrink with our shitty weather? i've used vinyl on my last car for the tail lights and after a few months it looked like shit in the winter and shunk....

edmua6 03-13-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by riicky (Post 12779003)
HET...heavy equipment tech..(truck mechanic) i work for maxim truck and trailer in west end. i want an a spec kit. where did you get yours from? how much?

There's a vendor here who sells it for 830$. That includes shipping, taxes, duties, etc.

myron 03-13-2011 02:02 PM

Vinsanity@ I got the vinyl from ACK, I didn't know that BAT had the one piece vinyl when I order from ACK. And I don't know if he has the CF gloss vinyl. I think that BAT said in one thread that he does have gloss black and gloss CF.

I will ask the guy I know that does this and I will ask him how much it would be for him to do it, for people that don't wanna try the DIY.

edmua6@ all you need is a power drill to drill 7 holes and a ratchet set. No real tools needed.

riicky@ so you cna just take your car there when ever you want and work on it? Are you pro yet haha? If I need something done I will let you know.

riicky 03-13-2011 02:31 PM

edmua6@ more info on the vendor??

myron@ well they got 2 shops in the west end. shop i work at any time after 7:30pm weekday and 5:30pm on weekends because its a small shop unless its a stat holiday then any time because shop is closed and i got a key. at the main shop its different because they got 2 shifts there. so when theres room or on saturday any time. well i have been doing it for 3 years now so i know a lot more then i did when i started. even a journey man isnt a pro because technology is changing every year. yaa for sure let me know..

ABboy 03-13-2011 04:12 PM

Hey there Edm Acurazine crew. I brought back a lil treasure from the US when I bought Touge's RL. I parked it last winter but couldn't justify not driving it this winter. I put on a set of X-ice tires and love the car. It is insane when it comes to acceleration and handling. I truly enjoy pulling away from the typical "I drive a 4x4" guys. Anyway, we should get a Acurazine meet n great together this spring.

v|nsan|ty 03-13-2011 05:11 PM

@tsxsingh Sound clip of the cai & exhaust please. Are your tires getting slashed or are they just losing air? For me it was just the wheels that were losing air. Once I switched back to stock wheels, I haven't had any problems except for the TPMS going to shits last week. I haven't heard anyone complain about the vinyl on the roof shrinking due to cold weather yet. When installing, you would have to remove the weather stripping and tuck it underneath. Maybe that prevents it from shrinking noticeably since it acts to hold it in place.

@myron Cool thanks it looks like I'll get some vinyl from bat in the future. The xm antenna is gonna be such a pita though. How do you even wrap something like that properly lol.

@ABboy Welcome! It's nice to see more members joining in on this thread. I haven't really seen any modded RL's but the one in your avatar looks good.

edmua6 03-13-2011 09:10 PM

@myron.. i see, how long did it take you to do it?

@riiky.. https://acurazine.com/forums/members/acktl05-269877/ pm this guy about the kit. he sells them for 830 $ USD shipped to your doorstep. they are genuine and painted already, you just have to pretty much install it.

@ABboy.. that's one sexy RL, i hope to see that iRL. :D

riicky 03-13-2011 10:27 PM

^^ thanks a lot edmua6...:)

edmua6 03-13-2011 10:39 PM

@riicky.. hey no problem :D

@tsxsing.. if you ever decide to lower your tsx and you need a rear camber kit just message me. i have a brand new ingalls rear camber kit. just let me know. :D

myron 03-14-2011 03:08 PM

@edmua6 - It took me 2 hours for the front and 3 hours for the back. Maybe it would take me less time doing it again but I was extra careful and took my time. I didn't do the sides because when I was buying the kit it was much more expensive so I didn't get the sides. Maybe i pick them up sometime down the road.
@ABboy - nice RL. I was watching that build and the guys posts. I saw the threads when you got the car as well. I didn't see you rolling around edmonton tho but would like to see the car for sure. You don't see may RLs around here.

v|nsan|ty 03-14-2011 03:59 PM

Myron did you get your acurazine decals yet? I got mine the other day and found only 1. I thought we were supposed to get 2.

tsxsingh 03-14-2011 06:46 PM

heres come vid clips of my car
http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MVI_2175.mp4
http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MVI_2174.mp4

v|nsan|ty 03-14-2011 08:55 PM

Damn that thing is loud. Sounds good though :thumbsup:

edmua6 03-14-2011 09:26 PM

Hey guys, anyone interested in buying my brand new ingalls rear camber kit? They fit 1g tsx, 7g accord and 3g tl. First person to give me 100$ gets it. Also, i posted it up on kijiji for 150, so aziners get 50$ off. I just checked ebay and they sell these kits for 160+ shipping. Cheers!

riicky 03-14-2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by tsxsingh (Post 12783158)

sounds pretty sick bro!! btw how long you been in edmonton for and where u from?

myron 03-14-2011 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty (Post 12782678)
Myron did you get your acurazine decals yet? I got mine the other day and found only 1. I thought we were supposed to get 2.

no I only got one. I think everyone gets one.

myron 03-14-2011 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by edmua6 (Post 12783709)
Hey guys, anyone interested in buying my brand new ingalls rear camber kit? They fit 1g tsx, 7g accord and 3g tl. First person to give me 100$ gets it. Also, i posted it up on kijiji for 150, so aziners get 50$ off. I just checked ebay and they sell these kits for 160+ shipping. Cheers!

you sure these fit the 3G? You got a PM

edmua6 03-14-2011 11:49 PM

http://cgi.ebay.ca/03-07-HONDA-ACCOR...ht_3976wt_1141

tsxsingh 03-15-2011 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by riicky (Post 12783977)
sounds pretty sick bro!! btw how long you been in edmonton for and where u from?

Thanks! born and raised in Edmonton, live on the south side!

tsxsingh 03-15-2011 01:44 AM

yo guys whats ur opinion on this.. im gonna lower the TSX, which height tho, 1.4" all around or 1.9"??? knowing edm streets lick balls... don't forget i have the aspec lip kit on my car sooo makes it more prone to bottoming out n hitting curbs...

myron 03-15-2011 08:02 AM

I am assuming that you are gonna go with springs right? If you drive your call all year around then go with 1.4". 1.9" will become a hassle and you will get stuck places, even in summer it might be hard to drive. My car is 1.5" all around with an a-spec and it's still kind of hard to get around in the winter. I barely drove my car this winter because of it.