Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
Okay, I use Verizon Fascinate. Is there a bluetooth keyboard that works with my phone?

My coworker just bought a think outside foldable bluetooth keyboard for his iphone4, and it's awesome.... i tried it with my phone, it doesn't work....
Samsung didn't add HID profiles into their bluetooth stack until Froyo (Android 2.2). The Fascinate is still officially on Eclair (Android 2.1) at the moment. The Fascinate is the only phone Samsung hasn't released Android 2.2 yet and supposedly is going to release it some time. Word is they might actually be skipping it in favor of Android 2.3 but I seriously doubt it. You basically have 3 options:

1. Wait for the Android 2.2 update.

2. Root your phone and flash one of the Android 2.2 builds on XDA. Mind you, they're not offical builds and are more hacks at the moment without Samsung's sources.

3. Use an app called WiFi Keyboard from the market:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

What it does is it uses your network to send out keyboard commands to the phone and you can fully control the phone with any keyboard or game controller.

Cons:
- You need to run it off a computer.
- You need to be connected to the same network as the phone.

Pros:
- Works with any keyboard/computer.
- Also works with joysticks like the Xbox controller, etc.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by is300eater
Ugh, so this is annoying, I just noticed dust UNDER the screen of my N1 (wasn't there before)
Time for a disassembly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cznogushN34
Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Safety Car

Oh and to add regarding the Bluetooth stack. With MIUI, and I'm assuming CM7 since they're basically one and the same, my WiiMote works perfectly! I am able to use my Wiimote Classic Controller Pro on my emulators and its basically gaming on the go.

With a stock Samsung firmware (and HTC Sense), the Wiimote app will most likely fail because of the bluetooth stack that they use. Here is the Wiimote app if you guys wanna try it yourself:

You basically connect your wiimote then make it your default keyboard and then map the buttons in the emulator.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Nice. Thank you man.

I'll just wait for the update.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
I've never understood the point of a bluetooth keyboard for the phone? Why would you want a keyboard? Do you type essays on your phone or something?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CGFebTSX04
Oh and to add regarding the Bluetooth stack. With MIUI, and I'm assuming CM7 since they're basically one and the same, my WiiMote works perfectly! I am able to use my Wiimote Classic Controller Pro on my emulators and its basically gaming on the go.

With a stock Samsung firmware (and HTC Sense), the Wiimote app will most likely fail because of the bluetooth stack that they use. Here is the Wiimote app if you guys wanna try it yourself:

You basically connect your wiimote then make it your default keyboard and then map the buttons in the emulator.
When I got the N64oid emulator and mario kart on my phone, I was totally gonna do this when I went home to get my wiimote. I go home on the weekend, and my dad gave our wii to my uncle
Old 04-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by speedemon90
When I got the N64oid emulator and mario kart on my phone, I was totally gonna do this when I went home to get my wiimote. I go home on the weekend, and my dad gave our wii to my uncle
Lol. I don't personally have a Wii and actually bought my controllers a while back with the intention of using it for emulator purposes but never got to it until now. I was using the WiFi Keyboard app to use my XBox controller because of the bluetooth limitations in stock Samsung ROMs.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Safety Car

The Kyocera Echo just got reviewed by Engadget and got an 8/10.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/13/kyocera-echo-review/

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zfXmHsiMBkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was seriously expecting Engadget to trash this phone. Kudos for Kyocera for thinking outside the box. I'll wait when they make it a little thinner and less bezel on the sides of the screens. Right now, this phone looks like a tank. lol.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Safety Car

Supercurio just released an app that allows you to use Voodoo Sound independent of the kernel being used for those scared of flashing custom kernels. You will, however, need Root. Again, rooting is quite simple for a couple of devices by following the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Remember to restart the phone after rooting. And yes, you can always unroot.

Once you have root access, download and buy his app from the market called Voodoo Control Plus. Right now he's selling it at a sale price and will go back up again in the future:

It works on the following devices:

Gingerbread:
- Nexus S: Android 2.3.3, Official Google kernel.

Froyo:
- Galaxy S Froyo: GT-I9000 and its regional variants like I9000B, I9000M, I900T
- AT&T Captivate Froyo: SGH-I897
- Giorgio Armani Galaxy S Froyo: GT-I9010
- Rogers Captivate Froyo: SGH-I896
- T-Mobile Vibrant Froyo: SGH-T959
- T-Mobile Vibrant 4G Froyo: SGH-T959V
- Verizon Fascinate Froyo: SCH-I500
- Verizon Continuum Froyo: SCH-I400
- Telus Fascinate Froyo: SGH-T959D
- Verizon Fascinate Froyo: SCH-I500
- Sprint Epic 4G Froyo: SPH-D700
- M110S Galaxy S Froyo: SHW-M110S
- SHW-M130L Galaxy S Froyo: SHW-M130L
- DoCoMo SC-02B Galaxy S Froyo: SC-02B
- Galaxy Tab International: GT-P1000 and regional variants
- Galaxy Tab Verizon: SCH-I800
- Galaxy Tab AT&T: SGH-I987
- Galaxy Tab Sprint: SPH-P100
- Galaxy Tab T-Mobile: SGH-T849
- Galaxy Tab SKT: SHW-M180S

Eclair:
- Galaxy S international, AT&T Captivate, Rogers Captivate, Verizon Continuum, DoCoMo SC-02B, T-Mobile Vibrant, Telus Fascinate, M110S, SHW-M130L, Sprint Epic 4G, Verizon Fascinate

Again, this is for people who use kernels that don't have Voodoo sound implemented into them like those running stock ROMs.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Eee Pad Transformer delayed until end of April.

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer won’t be coming to the U.S. until the end of April. Supply shortages due to demand that has ‘exceeded expectations’ appear to be the cause for the push back in launch for the eager U.S. tablet buyers in need of the Transformer.
ASUS had launched the 10-inch Transformer in their home country of Taiwan last month and the U.K. has also received the tablet earlier this month.
Online the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer after the Apple iPad 2 has been the big focus for many tablet lovers, the meeting spot for those looking for an opportunity to win a Transformer or just official updates from ASUS has been the official Facebook Fan Page for Eee Pad and Eee Slate tablets.
http://tablets-planet.com/2011/04/13...aunch-delayed/

excited to get my hands on of these. hopefully they make a large enough stock for the US.

it has also already been rooted...

http://androidcommunity.com/asus-eee...oted-20110411/
Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
Eee Pad Transformer delayed until end of April.

http://tablets-planet.com/2011/04/13...aunch-delayed/

excited to get my hands on of these. hopefully they make a large enough stock for the US.

it has also already been rooted...

http://androidcommunity.com/asus-eee...oted-20110411/
Same here. The price seems right as well. $399 for the 16 GB w/ MicroSD slot WiFi version and the dock is an additional $150. The dock also comes with its own MicroSD Slot, USB ports, and charges the tablet for a total of 16 hours. Also, ASUS is taking $50 off the dock for people who pre-ordered the tablet in the UK so they may do the same for the US.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

I guess its time for Gingerbread updates to be coming out.

Droid X:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/04/12...read-v4-5-588/

HTC Evo 4G

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1035438

This aren't official in the sense they're not being sent out OTA yet. But they look to be pretty stable.

Also the HTC Sensation ROM has been leaked and they're starting to port that to the HTC Evo. I would wait for that because that has Sense 3.0 vs. the Sense 2.1 you'll get in the official Gingerbread update.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Hey guys... I am still new to the ROM game... gotta a question... if I flash CM7 (final) and Im using CM7 RC4 right now, and I dont wipe... will I retain all of my programs, data, colors and Icons or will I have to wipe and start rebuilding over again? Just let me know... I just wanted to have my GPS up and running again... thanks in advance! Rick
Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL
Hey guys... I am still new to the ROM game... gotta a question... if I flash CM7 (final) and Im using CM7 RC4 right now, and I dont wipe... will I retain all of my programs, data, colors and Icons or will I have to wipe and start rebuilding over again? Just let me know... I just wanted to have my GPS up and running again... thanks in advance! Rick
If you don't wipe, you'll retain your apps and their data and settings. Icons and colors are sorta dependent on the system framework so if they changed that, your icons and colors will change as well. Its always best, IMO, to wipe no matter what but for people who don't want to spend time backing up then restoring no wipes may do although they may lead to problems.

The fix for GPS requires you to rollback to any Sense ROM so you should wipe going to Sense then wipe again back to CM7 Final. I can list the steps for you if you like.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Safety Car

Here's a quick and dirty rundown of what you need to do to fix the GPS:

- Backup all your apps and data, bookmarks, sms messages, etc. in CM7 RC4
- Download the MSL reader app and note the digits.
- Go to ROM Manager and download a Sense ROM (preferably one that is already rooted which is most of them)
- Wipe everything and Flash that Sense ROM.
- Open up your dialer and type in ##GPSCLRX#
- Enter the MSL code and then reboot
- Test your GPS and make sure it works. If not do the ##GPSCLRX# command again and reboot.
- It also suggests you update your PRL now if there's any updates. Settings > About phone > Updates > Update PRL. (This step is probably optional)
- Download ROM Manager again from the market
- Download CM7 Final and GApps. Wipe everything again and flash CM7 and GApps.
- Restore your apps (and maybe data)
- Done
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
If you don't wipe, you'll retain your apps and their data and settings. Icons and colors are sorta dependent on the system framework so if they changed that, your icons and colors will change as well. Its always best, IMO, to wipe no matter what but for people who don't want to spend time backing up then restoring no wipes may do although they may lead to problems.

The fix for GPS requires you to rollback to any Sense ROM so you should wipe going to Sense then wipe again back to CM7 Final. I can list the steps for you if you like.
awesome... please and thanks so much!

I figured you would tell me to wipe, b/c I have heard you say this many times as you moved amongst the ROMS...

I downloaded the RC4 from ROM manager will I be able to do the same with the CM7?
Old 04-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL
awesome... please and thanks so much!

I figured you would tell me to wipe, b/c I have heard you say this many times as you moved amongst the ROMS...

I downloaded the RC4 from ROM manager will I be able to do the same with the CM7?
Yes it was available when it was released a few days ago. Just follow my steps above. Wipe in between each flash. So from CM7 RC 4 --> Wipe --> Sense ROM --> Wipe --> CM7 Final. Depending on how much apps and data you have, I don't see the process taking longer than an hour.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 AM
I shoot people

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,427 Posts
...so, is this a sign that perhaps I need a new battery? It seems to take a long time to charge. The phone, tho bought used, really isn't very old. It was released less than a year ago in Canada (I think). All I know is...with my iPhone 3GS...suppose it has 60-70% charge and I plug it in, within 1/2 hour its fully charged again. But with this Nexus ONE, it might go from 70% to 75% maybe 80% after 1/2. Its probably my only complaint about this phone. And it seems to lose its charge quite fast too. And no, I don't run the wifi all the time BUT I do leave 3G on and I guess GPS too
Old 04-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by is300eater
...so, is this a sign that perhaps I need a new battery? It seems to take a long time to charge. The phone, tho bought used, really isn't very old. It was released less than a year ago in Canada (I think). All I know is...with my iPhone 3GS...suppose it has 60-70% charge and I plug it in, within 1/2 hour its fully charged again. But with this Nexus ONE, it might go from 70% to 75% maybe 80% after 1/2. Its probably my only complaint about this phone. And it seems to lose its charge quite fast too. And no, I don't run the wifi all the time BUT I do leave 3G on and I guess GPS too
I'm not familiar on how long a Nexus One takes to charge from empty to full. Maybe someone who has one can compare with yours. Charging and discharging the battery has multiple factors like how many amps the adapter is putting out, and also how much mAh the battery holds. So you really can't compare two different phones by their charge times.

As far as battery drainage goes, have you checked to see what is actually using up your battery? Android 2.3.3 has a slick battery stats info page that tells you what exactly is using up your battery and how much. This can help you eliminate any apps that's draining your battery.

Homescreen --> Settings --> About Phone --> Battery Use

It'll graph out your battery usage and plot in a graph what's using the most battery, etc.Figure out what's causing it to drain and try to stop it.

Next, turn off bluetooth and wifi when you're not using them. Also autosync may drain your battery especially when you're in low signal areas as it tries to maintain connection with Google's servers. I used to recommend turning this off completely but I've noticed since Froyo, autosync doesn't drain as much battery as it used to and only turn it off when I know I'll be in a low signal area. GPS can remain on because its usually not used unless you open an app that requires it but you could also turn it off if you like.

If you have any accounts like twitter or facebook, make sure you change the interval it pings for updates. By default, some of them check every 15 minutes and that'll definitely drain your battery. The same thing goes for any other widgets you have like weather, sports, or any widget that needs to update data all the time. Basically, prolong the interval it checks for updates instead of 15 minute intervals. Change it to 30 minutes or even an hour. You could always refresh the data manually if you really need it.

If you have a task killer, get rid of it. I know cell phone carriers tell you to use one but they don't understand how Android works. It causes more harm than good and may greatly affect your battery. Try a day or two without it and compare your usage. You'll most likely see better battery life.

If you follow the above, you should be able to get by with at least 14 hours of usage. If not, just buy an extra battery if you use your phone a lot since they're pretty cheap on eBay.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:56 AM
Safety Car

I have to say, I'm really enjoying the Theme Manager of MIUI. The fact it allows you mix and match themes so easily is awesome. It goes down to every little detail from notification icons to desktop icons to the dialer and sounds, so on and so forth.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 AM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question: For all of you that did the Froyo update. Have you had issues with connecting usb mass storage on your pc or sending out email with attachments?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04
Quick question: For all of you that did the Froyo update. Have you had issues with connecting usb mass storage on your pc or sending out email with attachments?
Which phone do you have? I think some stock Froyo updates had some bugs but its different per phone. If you're using a custom ROM then check to see if there's an update for that ROM. I haven't had either issues and USB mass storage is usually related to the kernel.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Safety Car

So Samsung just released the Fascinate's Froyo source code. Verizon still hasn't issued the OTA but this clearly shows that its not Samsung's fault that they're not updating the phones. I wonder what Verizon has to say or the US carriers for that matter. The good news is that this should allow XDA devs to make some nice Froyo ROMs now.

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...t-it-fascinate

Also, the Vibrant just got another Froyo update for bug fixes. Gotta get it through Mini Kies again. Read the thread below for more info:

Samsung Vibrant Froyo KB5: http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Samsun...ow/td-p/817243
Old 04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Safety Car

Engadget put up a post comparing all the high-end upcoming Android phones:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/15/h...ld-smartphone/

Still leaning towards the Galaxy S II but wish it had qHD. Also, word is Samsung will keep the bootloader unlocked. Otherwise, The HTC Sensation and Evo 3D are looking nice. Wish the LG G2X had more RAM although it will be Vanilla Android.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Safety Car

Samsung just dropped an official Gingebread build for the Galaxy S in Europe. They beat every other manufacturer to the Gingerbread update. They were supposed to release the source as well last night but ran into some issues and are going to release this coming week instead supposedly. I'm really liking the new Samsung:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1037447

Expect this to be ported to the Samsung Vibrant and Captivate soon if it hasn't been done already.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Here's a preview of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4d-wWCf4CQ

Looks really sleek and fast. TouchWiz 4.0 looks like 3.0 so I guess it won't be too intrusive. Wonder how the Tegra 2 compares to the Exysnos chips. That 4.3" Super AMOLED+ looks nice.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Safety Car

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 compared to the iPad 2. Its in Vietnamese so I have no clue what he's saying. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdu5P...layer_embedded

This thing has me double thinking about the ASUS Transformer because its so thin. Guess I'm gonna have to wait on the reviews.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Safety Car

Gingerbread sources were released by Samsung last night. Expect to have Gingerbread ported to the Vibrant and Captivate and maybe the other Galaxy S by XDA. This may also mean stable CM7 and MIUI builds.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Safety Car

For the people who have Galaxy S phones and have root, here's an Overclocking app that doesn't require a kernel that can overclock:

Available models
*Captivate (SGH-I897, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Captivate, Rogers (SGH-I896, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Epic 4G (SPH-D700, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Fascinate (SCH-I500, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Fascinate, Telus (SGH-T959D, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Galaxy S (GT-I9000, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Galaxy S (GT-I9000M, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Galaxy S (GT-I9000B, Froyo 2.2 /2.2.1)
*Galaxy S (SHW-M110S, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Galaxy K (SHW-M130K, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Galaxy U (SHW-M130L, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Mesmerize (SCH-I500, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)
*Vibrant (SGH-T959, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1 )
*Vibrant Plus (SGH-T959V, Froyo 2.2 / 2.2.1)

This works on any kernel including stock kernels. Just run the app and give it root access. The values don't stick after a reboot so if your phone hangs just reboot and it'll go back to stock speeds. At 1.2 GHz, this phone flies.

I just noticed the latest update does give UV options except it only for Donate versions...

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 04-18-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Suzuka Master

I'd definitely would want to play with the Galaxy SII, that looks good.

I finally got the ADW launcher ex, and stuck with it. I'm still playing around to see how I want to customize it, but I'm liking it now. In landscape mode it is not that smooth though. I wish we could get the customization on stock launcher haha. I hear the reason is, the stock launcher can tap into the phones gpu to help it. The custom launchers can't and is why it will never be as smooth as stock.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Safety Car

I'd definitely would want to play with the Galaxy SII, that looks good.

I finally got the ADW launcher ex, and stuck with it. I'm still playing around to see how I want to customize it, but I'm liking it now. In landscape mode it is not that smooth though. I wish we could get the customization on stock launcher haha. I hear the reason is, the stock launcher can tap into the phones gpu to help it. The custom launchers can't and is why it will never be as smooth as stock.
Yeah, that's true. You can definitely see it when using Live Wallpapers.

Have you tried the new ADW beta? You can get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1031836

This is the upcoming ADW EX update. He wants some feedback before it becomes final. Also, they're recreating the HTC Sense widgets (messages, calendar, contacts) for it so those will be coming out soon.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 AM

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,985 Posts
i wonder if apple is gonna win their lawsuit against samsung saying their phones and tablets are pretty much clones of the iphone/ipad

i must say they are pretty similar in terms of looks...
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, that's true. You can definitely see it when using Live Wallpapers.

Have you tried the new ADW beta? You can get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1031836

This is the upcoming ADW EX update. He wants some feedback before it becomes final. Also, they're recreating the HTC Sense widgets (messages, calendar, contacts) for it so those will be coming out soon.
No, I haven,t I'll give it a shot when I get a chance to install it. Would you happen to know if i would have to redo my whole launcher settings and layout?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Safety Car

No, I haven,t I'll give it a shot when I get a chance to install it. Would you happen to know if i would have to redo my whole launcher settings and layout?
Not really sure. Haven't tried the beta yet cause I'm using MIUI. But ADW EX does have a backup/restore feature. It saves your desktop icons/layout and the launcher settings to your SD Card. Then you can restore them at any time. You'll just have to restore the widgets manually.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mizouse
i wonder if apple is gonna win their lawsuit against samsung saying their phones and tablets are pretty much clones of the iphone/ipad

i must say they are pretty similar in terms of looks...
Not really. By that argument anything rectangular and looks like a slab is a clone of the iPhone. All of the Samsung products have capacitive touch buttons, something the iPhone/iPad doesn't have. They may have a case against the international version of the Galaxy S (even that's kind of a stretch considering it too has capactive buttons) but the other Galaxy S models are nothing like the iPhone/iPad.

They named the Epic 4G and Nexus S in the suit. How are those even similar to the iPhone besides being rectangular in shape? If they do win, it'll give them grounds to sue any company with a rectangular tablet or phone which probably isn't going to happen. I believe Apple has bigger intentions considering that Samsung provides them with their NANDs, chipsets and many other things. Samsung could easily give them the finger and say we don't have any parts for your phone and screw the iPhone 5 launch unless Apple has another manufacturer in mind to supply them parts. Apple is feeling threatened and they're going with the "if you can't beat them, sue them" mentality. The Galaxy S is the most popular Android phone globally at the moment and didn't raise any flags to Apple until a year after its launch? They could've sued them earlier like they did with Meizu.

Here you can see the Motorola Droid and Samsung Galaxy S making the biggest splash in terms of Android Activations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqFpq9WXbJo

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 04-19-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Suzuka Master

so i just got the adw launcher notifier. How does it work, cause I enable it on the app, and i look at my gmail icon but i dont see a bubble, and i know i have a lot of unread emails.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Suzuka Master

nvm its working now
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which phone do you have? I think some stock Froyo updates had some bugs but its different per phone. If you're using a custom ROM then check to see if there's an update for that ROM. I haven't had either issues and USB mass storage is usually related to the kernel.

Samsung Epic. All stock. Just with this Froyo Update. From Sprint.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04
Samsung Epic. All stock. Just with this Froyo Update. From Sprint.
Hmm...I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem on XDA with my quick search. First thing I would do is see if it can be picked up on another computer. If it can, then its most likely your USB drivers. If you're using Windows, check the device manager for any yellow exclamation marks while the phone is plugged in. You could also uninstall the drivers that are currently installed then reinstalling the ones found below.

x86 USB Drivers: http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDow...oad-96692.html

x64 USB Drivers: http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDow...oad-96693.html

If that doesn't work then I suggest you do a factory reset. You'll lose all your data unless you root it and backup everything. If that still doesn't work, Sprint should be giving you a new phone if you complain enough.

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 04-19-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
had my EVO routed, battery is lasting me alllll damn day now, instead of having to charge it at 11:30am...

I slowed the processor down 80% when it is "sleeping"
then when battery life gets to 50%, I slowed the processor to 50%

it runs a little bit slower when I get to 50% battery, but the battery life is well worth it to me

Quick Reply: Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread