Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:05 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
^^^Longest post in the world!

Economy is terrible!!!!! Obama better get his shit together he has one chance to try and fix it and all I've seen is his thumb up his ass since the election flip flopping on all of his initiatives.

Sorry to hear about your wife Brandon.

On a lighter note, the JDMLove redesign is complete: http://www.jdmlove.org
I have this thurs and friday off so i hope to have a HOW TO written up on the pulley install since i have all the tools now YAY for more JDMLOVE
Old 01-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
On a lighter note, the JDMLove redesign is complete: http://www.jdmlove.org
I should do a write up soon....

Havnt installed anything that takes more the 2 brain cells to do though...

Could give a write up on a power pulley kit for a 06 mustang gt...or 10mm spacer install...or removing a sub/amp to make room for a new one.

Thats all ive done lately.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:06 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
"fuckin mustangs"
Old 01-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
"fuckin mustangs"

:troutslap
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I Quit

was behind a prince telecom truck last night, they're still hiring! So yea for those of you interested you can work for a subsidiary of comcast as an installer.

I always kinda wanted to do that for some reason lol
Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Thread killer//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sT04Louis, how do you get into the driver side upper fog lights? Take out battery??? Got my hoen's in and wanting to replace them
Old 01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by saersxlr8
cleared up now... i'm glad it did... work woulda sucked...

eh... any of you 3rd gen tl ppl have had or heard of the problems i'm getting??? stated up above ^^^ post #2175
none of those probs for me...
thats way to much elec probs
hopefully the dealership can figure out whats REALLY wrong..

Originally Posted by minkl81
economy is way way too bad and unemployment is skyrocketing... this is some nasty shit...

only stuff in the business section of newspapers are lay off here and there, bankruptcy, dow plummeting
ugh no talk about the economy - ppl aren't building things my works getting slow other firms have laid off major ppl we haven't even cut hours thanks to our diverse work and oversea offices - but still i think most companies are like ya were totally fine then that afternoon lay ppl off. it makes me so stressed i cant breath, im pretty sure unemployment doesnt pay all my bills

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
luckily they gave her 2weeks notice.. bummer is its right before valentines day..
i have the joy of probably the best job security which is fraud prevention for a bank haha.. and last time i checked its still booming

she was on unemployment about a year ago so they still might have her in the system to reactivate it.. so it should be easier this time
at least they gave her notice.. i think most companies should do that, its a nice courtesy
Old 01-28-2009, 03:30 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by EuroR08
none of those probs for me...
thats way to much elec probs
hopefully the dealership can figure out whats REALLY wrong..

ugh no talk about the economy - ppl aren't building things my works getting slow other firms have laid off major ppl we haven't even cut hours thanks to our diverse work and oversea offices - but still i think most companies are like ya were totally fine then that afternoon lay ppl off. it makes me so stressed i cant breath, im pretty sure unemployment doesnt pay all my bills

at least they gave her notice.. i think most companies should do that, its a nice courtesy
i think max unemployment is 4 something if i remember correctly.. unless they raised the amount or something..
Old 01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

sT04Louis, how do you get into the driver side upper fog lights? Take out battery??? Got my hoen's in and wanting to replace them

I did mine with the Headlights out of the car. No clue how to do them with them in the car. Ive looked at it a few times, and it seems easier to just take off them bumper/lights

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
i think max unemployment is 4 something if i remember correctly.. unless they raised the amount or something..

I screwed myself in a way. If i would have never had a civilian job when i got out id be getting $500 a week. Since i had a civilian job the $500/week Veteran law doesnt apply to me anymore, so now i get a little over $400/week after taxes.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Safety Car

currently sitting at speed concept swapping out rv6 precat deletes.
yesterday i saw a dyno graph of before/after rv6 precat deletes+test pipe and it loses torque below 3,000 rpm. it starts to make more hp/tq starting from 4,000 rpm. low end torque ftw!!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just joined first post Woop Woop...
Anybody from medford?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:18 PM
I Quit

^^welcome to the Oregon chat.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by NobleTL
Anybody from medford?
Welcome to the chat... I think the closest one to you is albany.. the rest are northern oregon
Old 01-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Advanced

Yea I've only seen a couple acuras that were fixed up in medford. A rsx turbo'd and a tl lowered. Do you guys have meets?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

yesterday i saw a dyno graph of before/after rv6 precat deletes+test pipe and it loses torque below 3,000 rpm. it starts to make more hp/tq starting from 4,000 rpm. low end torque ftw!!
So im reading this right...youre going back to stock precats?

Anybody from medford?
Welcome to the chat. Got any mods/pics?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Advanced

not really any mods. Just bought they car last thursday and so far just tinted the windows the 35%. I was going to buy a cold air intake this friday from someone in p-town but I've read on the forum that they're not that good to have for the type-s's. Is that true?
Future plans include rims preferably chrome, type s lip kit if its possible to find, and that groupe purchase for the fake mugen spoiler.
Also i found someone with some h&r springs and shocks, was wondering if they could fit with the stock hardware?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
So im reading this right...youre going back to stock precats?

yea... and its back to stock cats now. car is so much quieter inside without that exhaust flow noise. now the low end torque is back again. definitely can be felt right away. also i can here the intake growl now with the precat deletes gone.

bad part is... one of the O2 sensor got seized up on the precat deletes... anti-seize was applied but it was no use... sux......

i had $220 in cash thinking to get 3000k hid kit for the fogs but i coughed up that money into new oem O2 sensor... no aftermarkets are made yet...

will be putting rv6 precat deletes in bm soon.
anyone interested here?? precat deletes are $250 new but thinking to sell for $250 WITH the O2 sensor that costs $156 new...
Old 01-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Safety Car

not really any mods. Just bought they car last thursday and so far just tinted the windows the 35%. I was going to buy a cold air intake this friday from someone in p-town but I've read on the forum that they're not that good to have for the type-s's. Is that true?
Future plans include rims preferably chrome, type s lip kit if its possible to find, and that groupe purchase for the fake mugen spoiler.
Also i found someone with some h&r springs and shocks, was wondering if they could fit with the stock hardware?

wait... so you got the 3g tl-s right? and the fake mugen spoiler is for tl??

no sure who told you about the intakes, but most of the aziners here have the cold air intake without any problems.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

All mods plans sound good. Get the CAI, idk who said its bad for them but they are mistaken. Who doesnt like more power and better mpg?

And fake mugen spoiler...you sure thats not the one for the 2nd Gen TL?

Mugen makes naddda for 3rd Gen TLs... boo

yea... and its back to stock cats now. car is so much quieter inside without that exhaust flow noise. now the low end torque is back again. definitely can be felt right away. also i can here the intake growl now with the precat deletes gone.

bad part is... one of the O2 sensor got seized up on the precat deletes... anti-seize was applied but it was no use... sux......

i had $220 in cash thinking to get 3000k hid kit for the fogs but i coughed up that money into new oem O2 sensor... no aftermarkets are made yet...

anyone interested here?? precat deletes are $250 new but thinking to sell for $250 WITH the O2 sensor that costs $156 new...

Damn that sucks that it seized...The gain in low end tourqe makes sense...lose alot of back pressure with no cats.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Safety Car

forgot to post this graphs...

the reason why i switched back to stock cats...

2004 tl with 69k rv6 deletes jpipe and test pipe with fabricated cold air intake...stock exhaust system

see the torque peaking around 3000rpm with the stock cats? with the precat deletes, similar amount of torque is reached around 4500rpm. it sure gives alot of gains at the higher rpm range but for daily driving in the city, i prefer to have that torque at lower rpm.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
WTF?

Yea I've only seen a couple acuras that were fixed up in medford. A rsx turbo'd and a tl lowered. Do you guys have meets?

yes we do meets... which reminds me.. should we plan a spring one soon?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
I Quit

Well we all missed the HT meet but Rachel and she provided no pictures which is inconsiderate to us lazy people who didn't show up!

We need to have another meet sometime, maybe before spring. Spring around here can mean June!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 PM
WTF?

^^ haha true that.. we are lazy peeps haha... what you think march 7th? its a saturday.. and gives us 4 months to do another in july
Old 01-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Racer

haha i didnt take my camera...
and i got there fairly late so everyone was heading out...
it was more like drive with ev one to lunch - but at least i made an appearance to represent us Azine folks...

i say it again ---> slackers!

but yay for another stock car haha

oh by the way coilovers are going on tonight/tomorrow
drivin the RSX til i get it back - i really forget how many ppl want to race like every civic i pass seriously wth!

i drive the tl and ev ones like oh must be an old grandma -->til i smash them muahahaha

Min say your selling all the stuff your takin off?? you know you want to
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Racer

Min maybe you should just keep your car in the higher revs ALL the time and not worry bout low end torque. sad to say but i think we all know honda is the torqueless wonder -

but thats ok i love my honda from the bottom of my heart...

haha i guess for you guys to understand...

www.myspace.com/hondanation2

listen to honda song pt 5
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Racer

wow mayb i should drink less (lol jk - i need to learn to read and/or use the quote button) since you said you were planning on selling. i'm interested but gotta check the $$ i think i have my sound system + CAI sold so im interested...now what about that race pipe hmmmm
Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Racer

^^^
im think ive asked before but have you ev had your car dyno'd before??

hooray for multiple posts---oops lol
Old 01-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Safety Car

Min say your selling all the stuff your takin off?? you know you want to
i'll be keeping the atlp test pipe but will sell off the rv6 precat deletes.
somehow i'm in love with atlp products vs. richie's

i know you want to be louder and faster

Min maybe you should just keep your car in the higher revs ALL the time and not worry bout low end torque. sad to say but i think we all know honda is the torqueless wonder -

but thats ok i love my honda from the bottom of my heart...
somehow i always buy honda even after getting sick of low end torque
this time, i thought 3.5l v6 would cure that coming from tsx but..... NOT~
and with all the cats gone, i had hard time catching up with corollas and big ol suvs during daily commute... so recently i gave some lil more gas and averaged 14~16mpg

again... i know you'll love the precat deletes
Old 01-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Safety Car

wow mayb i should drink less (lol jk - i need to learn to read and/or use the quote button) since you said you were planning on selling. i'm interested but gotta check the $$ i think i have my sound system + CAI sold so im interested...now what about that race pipe hmmmm
well i have rv6 precat deletes and aem v1 IN STOCK.. haha..

btw... with the oem precats back in the car, my tl is ultra or luxury quiet now. never thought precat deletes were loud other than exhaust flow sound but guess it was loud enough to kill the intake growl. maybe i was carried away with the horsepower increase when precat deletes were installed.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I Quit

most posts in one night this thread has seen
Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Thread killer//

dont worry guys i got my fogs in!! cause i know all of you were wondering haha jk... install was actually pretty easy for the driver side. just pop the cover piece off, pop the other cover piece off that covers the tube of the air filter, then pull that tube out. do the ol' reach around and waalaa! i actually had more trouble with the passenger side cause the bulb wouldn't budge. i seriously was twisting and turning that thing for a good 10 mins.

anyone know if i can leave that cover off that goes over the opening of the tube? seems like its there to cover any excess water from going in there. figured if i leave it off then would get more cold air in?? i'm all stock
Old 01-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

dont worry guys i got my fogs in!! cause i know all of you were wondering haha jk... install was actually pretty easy for the driver side. just pop the cover piece off, pop the other cover piece off that covers the tube of the air filter, then pull that tube out. do the ol' reach around and waalaa! i actually had more trouble with the passenger side cause the bulb wouldn't budge. i seriously was twisting and turning that thing for a good 10 mins.

anyone know if i can leave that cover off that goes over the opening of the tube? seems like its there to cover any excess water from going in there. figured if i leave it off then would get more cold air in?? i'm all stock

Do me a favor...when you get a chance can you "wiggle" your fog bulbs?

For some reason mine didnt fit the opening right and i had to add a o-ring to seal them properly.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Racer

i'll be keeping the atlp test pipe but will sell off the rv6 precat deletes.
somehow i'm in love with atlp products vs. richie's

i know you want to be louder and faster
ugh more than you even know this UGH damn civic si tried to be cool gettin on the freeway the other day going to the honda meet and i was like oh please.

but its so much hotter - especially as a girl - to laugh at ppl when your car is modded so they REALLY know they lost..

muahahaha - driving the rsx around is actually pretty nice aside from ricers tryin to get on it - blah those cam lobes sound pretty sexy when vtec kicks in and it only has an intake on it right now haha...plus having subs - ohhh i need mine in my car ASAP

somehow i always buy honda even after getting sick of low end torque
this time, i thought 3.5l v6 would cure that coming from tsx but..... NOT~
and with all the cats gone, i had hard time catching up with corollas and big ol suvs during daily commute... so recently i gave some lil more gas and averaged 14~16mpg

again... i know you'll love the precat deletes
haha i always get 15 mpg...well 19~20mpg on the freeway at my crusing speed...guess that explains my insurance being what it is. i mean not bad but 235 a month...if my insurance finds the rest of my record

and hey the TL -S has WAY more power than the TSX...cant go wrong it was the whole reason for my upgrade...TSX only ran an ummm 15.7 i think it was...i doing one of these to someday run a 13...9 at least - its possible right haha
Old 01-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Racer

For some reason mine didnt fit the opening right and i had to add a o-ring to seal them properly.

kyle you just need to be skilled when putting them in - there was no need for your o-rings... jk ...
Old 01-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Thread killer//

you know what? right after it popped in, turned it and that was it. i thought it wasn't in right. so i took it right back out and put it right back in. they went in too easily and w/o effort that i thought they weren't in all the way. but i DID actually jiggle it a lil bit and pulled it towards the firewall. seemed secure. not SNUG but didn't seem like it would fall out. no o rings thoe
Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Safety Car

and hey the TL -S has WAY more power than the TSX...cant go wrong it was the whole reason for my upgrade...TSX only ran an ummm 15.7 i think it was...i doing one of these to someday run a 13...9 at least - its possible right haha

after driving tl-s more than a year, i got used to the v6 and now i'm feeling torqueless again. i used to drool over v6 but now i'm drooling over super/turbocharged v6 or v8..
Old 01-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Racer

^^greedy always wanting more power lol

so awesome news 12 ppl are being let go at my company today...
so far they've done 6...i'm holding my breath!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

you know what? right after it popped in, turned it and that was it. i thought it wasn't in right. so i took it right back out and put it right back in. they went in too easily and w/o effort that i thought they weren't in all the way. but i DID actually jiggle it a lil bit and pulled it towards the firewall. seemed secure. not SNUG but didn't seem like it would fall out. no o rings thoe

Mine where way loose and seemed to be the reason i was having a fogging issue.

So keep a eye on it.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Thread killer//

Mine where way loose and seemed to be the reason i was having a fogging issue.

So keep a eye on it.
haha ironic, fog lights cause fogging(up of lenses)

yeah i'll have to keep an eye on that, as soon as they do, might have to get an o-ring like you did. where'd you get that o-ring? part # or info??
Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

I got the ones i used from my old job.

Only grabbed 2 or I would give ya some. Sorry.

If you need the size and what not, ill pull my bulbs and get specs.

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread