Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EuroR08
lots of ppl think it looks weak and lots of ppl dont care -
i'm not buying spacers for my car -
IMO if you want your wheels out more should have got them in a diff size - and if they dont come in that size you should have got diff wheels. my prob is with spacers not so much with flush wheels.

i'm not planning on buying diff wheels for my car so i guess it will always just look like crap - but its my crap and i love it.

and what do you mean no FWD drift haha. jk

If lots of people dont care why even bring it up?

Running slammed is easy as fuck when all 4 of your wheels are the same size as the spare.
The trick is to be able to run slammed with aggressive offsets. Hence why the fender roller/puller was invented.

But then again it isnt for the faint of heart, and you gotta pay to play when it comes to the right stance, and to me being slammed on stock wheels with no offset isnt the way to have stance.

Im not gonna beat this topic to death arguing stock vs aftermarket shit is like winning special olympics.

Last edited by sT04Louis; 02-06-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i always win the special olympics - thats why im a girl - its ok my cars lower than yours ppl will hate on that. oh well
Old 02-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Racer

new topic --

hooray for refinancing my car after 4 months
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
just found out Oregon LEGIS.. is trying to pass a law that no one in the state of oregon will beable to modify there vehicle with after market parts... can you believe this crap?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
just found out Oregon LEGIS.. is trying to pass a law that no one in the state of oregon will beable to modify there vehicle with after market parts... can you believe this crap?
Its the same group of bozos who want to add GPS tracking devices to your cars so they can tax you for driving..

Its the same people who tax the entire state to pay for the MAX, a service that only a small minority of Portland uses daily. A service that is incredibly inefficient compared to buses.

Don't get me started on that skytram that goes from the waterfront to OHSU.. you know, the one that the doctors don't have to pay to use. Interesting to note that quite a few of the residents at the waterfront are doctors.. hmm..

Just remember to vote these guys all out next time!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

thats full of bullshits...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

i always win the special olympics - thats why im a girl - its ok my cars lower than yours ppl will hate on that. oh well

I tried dropping it...

Me hating on youre lowered car? No.

If i recall correctly and i think i do...my car has been just as low as yours

kthnxbye

Link???

Wont happen. At least i dont see a way that it could.
1. The definition of Aftermarket covers alot of stuff.
2. Too many buisnesses would go under hurting the Oregon Unemployment even more
3. Alot of people will move, this wouldnt just cover Import drivers ( but most likely only apply to them) but would effect Muscle Cars, Trucks, and shit if you wanna get down to it...Cop cars are covered in Aftermarket shit.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Its the same group of bozos who want to add GPS tracking devices to your cars so they can tax you for driving..

Its the same people who tax the entire state to pay for the MAX, a service that only a small minority of Portland uses daily. A service that is incredibly inefficient compared to buses.

Don't get me started on that skytram that goes from the waterfront to OHSU.. you know, the one that the doctors don't have to pay to use. Interesting to note that quite a few of the residents at the waterfront are doctors.. hmm..

Just remember to vote these guys all out next time!
oh those ppl are crazy.

is this really going to be up for vote???

Originally Posted by sT04Louis

thxs for saying something nice about it
maybe i'll buy a set of HRE's some day...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

thxs for saying something nice about it
maybe i'll buy a set of HRE's some day...
That would be awesome. I have yet to see a TL on HRE's
Old 02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Racer

oh rim side note - i still really love these - i wish there was more info about this co.

http://www.jlinewheels.com/images/wh...ges/20SL2.html
Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Racer

That would be awesome. I have yet to see a TL on HRE's
well i could take the 10k im putting on my car tomorrow and put it towards my wheel fund instead
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

oh rim side note - i still really love these - i wish there was more info about this co.

http://www.jlinewheels.com/images/wh...ges/20SL2.html
I cant find any reviews or info on Jline. From the looks its alright, but i do see them borrowing other peoples designs and just adding a lip to them.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Just found some info on them on a old lexus forum.

Jlines formerly operated as DTM Kreuz.... These aren't no Iforgery wheels... Jlines are pimp, simply put... they are well respected and !

I'm a bit biased as I'm obviously rollin around on Jlines.... but yeah thats my opinion... i love them! no problems for me..... except these wheels make me always want to clean them!

I've been considering JLines for awhile myself because my brother-in-law is a dealer. The service from JLine has been good and I met Stan from JLine just a couple weekends ago, really nice guy. Nice looking wheels and as far as I know, they use the same manufacturer as HRE and iForged. Doesn't introForged produce DPE wheels as well?

HRE, iForged, JLine... all produced by introForged.

Some few people say no....but more say yes to getting them.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Safety Car

well i could take the 10k im putting on my car tomorrow and put it towards my wheel fund instead

10k for what? refinance downpayment?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I have some Tokico HPs from Excelerate coming next week and I'm looking for someone to install them. I spoke to an SA at Ron Tonkin (who's an idiot) who told me he was worried about RT's liability on installing aftermarket shocks/struts, and wanted me to get installation instructions from Tokico on installing them on my TL. Needless to say, I think I'll go somewhere else.

I talked to my mechanic at Orenco Station Auto Repair, but he won't do them either. I'm think Speed Concept, but would they frown on installing aftermarket parts that I didn't buy from them? I didn't want to insult them.

Or do you guys have any other suggestions? I don't have the tools or skills to do them myself.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Give them a Call.

I doubt they will say no to your money.

They installed my Scan Gauge that i didnt buy with them, and helped me out with my BBK that i didnt get through them.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll call them. I haven't been there since I bought my headers, intake and pulley from them and had them install in late 2007, but hopefully they'll remember me as a customer and be OK with it. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:38 PM
WTF?

I tried dropping it...

If i recall correctly and i think i do...my car has been just as low as yours

kthnxbye

Link???

Wont happen. At least i dont see a way that it could.
1. The definition of Aftermarket covers alot of stuff.
2. Too many buisnesses would go under hurting the Oregon Unemployment even more
3. Alot of people will move, this wouldnt just cover Import drivers ( but most likely only apply to them) but would effect Muscle Cars, Trucks, and shit if you wanna get down to it...Cop cars are covered in Aftermarket shit.

heres the link.. hope it shows up

http://www. semasan. com/ main/ main.aspx?id=62515

make sure to take the spaces out
Old 02-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

heres the link.. hope it shows up

http://www. semasan. com/ main/ main.aspx?id=62515

make sure to take the spaces out

Posting for the lazies...

URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT

Oregon Introduces Bill to Prohibit Sale of Aftermarket Parts

At the request of Governor Theodore Kulongoski, the Oregon Speaker of the House has introduced legislation (H.B. 2186) to prohibit the sale and distribution of aftermarket motor vehicle parts if alternatives are available that “decrease greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles.” The bill is primarily focused on aftermarket tires and would authorize the Environmental Quality Commission to implement enforcement regulations, likely based on a rolling resistance calculation.

We Urge You to Contact Oregon Speaker of the House Dave Hunt and Members of the Environment and Water Committee (Contact Information Below) Immediately to Request Their Opposition to H.B. 2186

H.B. 2186 would regulate vehicle fuel economy, an authority reserved to the federal government.

H.B. 2186 could ban tires that may have improved performance, handling or appearance features, based solely on a rolling resistance rating. In addition, this program could easily distract consumers from focusing on more important safety issues such as tire inflation and overloading of vehicles.

H.B. 2186 would force consumers to purchase only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) tires because the program essentially exempts OEM-selected tires and unfairly implies that they are superior to aftermarket products.

H.B. 2186 could prohibit aftermarket parts designed to either personalize or optimize specific vehicle performance attributes including handling, towing, suspension, fuel economy, etc.

H.B. 2186 provides broad authority to government regulators and could limit a range of aftermarket parts currently available to consumers based on the subjective determination of government regulators.
DON’T DELAY! Please contact Oregon Speaker Dave Hunt and the House Environment and Water Committee immediately to urge his opposition to H.B. 2186.

Oregon House Speaker Dave Hunt
Phone: 503/986-1440
Email: rep.davehunt@state.or.us

This is only about tires and shit that makes your car have shit emmisions....not aftermarket parts all together.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

So i just got my new AMP and SUB woooooo

MTX 10in slim
MTX 300w

Gonna wait a bit to either make a box, or have one made. Not sure yet.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Posting for the lazies...

This is only about tires and shit that makes your car have shit emmisions....not aftermarket parts all together.
Well as we know Honda OEM tires SUCK.

The 3 exceptions I know of:

NSX
Integra Type R
S2000

I think in all 3 cases they were top of the line Bridgestones
Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Well as we know Honda OEM tires SUCK.

The 3 exceptions I know of:

NSX
Integra Type R
S2000

I think in all 3 cases they were top of the line Bridgestones
With Les Schwabs HQ here in oregon, i doubt this will go through.

Imagine all the sales they will lose if this goes through.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
H.B. 2186 could prohibit aftermarket parts designed to either personalize or optimize specific vehicle performance attributes including handling, towing, suspension, fuel economy, etc.

that would be exhaust components and intakes, forced induction, ECU reflashes or programmable ECU's

That shit head idiot of a fucking president we elected gave dumb asses like teddy boy to make emissions laws on their own accord. Think about it, next dumb fuck in the white house will let the teddy boys of the state incarcerate you for speaking out against their communist ass backwards philosophy.

Cheers to the first and LAST black president because Obama's dumb ass is gonna mess it up for them for the next 200+ years we're a country. That's not being racist, thats stating a fucking fact.

Every time you turn around Obama is enacting some sort of stupid law, ammedment or act. You think Bush fucked up, we haven't seen anything yet.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by minkl81
10k for what? refinance downpayment?
yes sir
Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by clee109

that would be exhaust components and intakes, forced induction, ECU reflashes or programmable ECU's

That shit head idiot of a fucking president we elected gave dumb asses like teddy boy to make emissions laws on their own accord. Think about it, next dumb fuck in the white house will let the teddy boys of the state incarcerate you for speaking out against their communist ass backwards philosophy.

Cheers to the first and LAST black president because Obama's dumb ass is gonna mess it up for them for the next 200+ years we're a country. That's not being racist, thats stating a fucking fact.

Every time you turn around Obama is enacting some sort of stupid law, ammedment or act. You think Bush fucked up, we haven't seen anything yet.

will see - im so over green laws and trying to do living buildings at my work...
Old 02-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Racer

Give them a Call.

I doubt they will say no to your money.

They installed my Scan Gauge that i didnt buy with them, and helped me out with my BBK that i didnt get through them.
scan guage? why am i missing something doesnt the mid do the same thing.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

scan guage? why am i missing something doesnt the mid do the same thing.
Nope.

Scanguage does so much more than mid.

It monitors alot of engine components and is a obdII reader for codes and can clear them as well.

Check their website for all it can do.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Scangauges are awesome. Its what pros use to help diagnose engines in addition to tuning them. You can see all the essential components for fuel/air mixtures, usage and how lean or rich your engine is. And so much more.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Safety Car

i received '09 TL tech as a loaner today. not that much impressed after driving back home. still not a big fan of eps...

although car is much quieter inside and sound system is very loud and clear.

just purchased lifetime oil change for 399 too. should've purchased it when i first bought it... it'll start to pay its own when my tl hits 70,000mi.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Safety Car

also... anyone needs a new '08 tl??

rt have new ones on clearance for under $30k!! it was 29,995 i think.. brand new, no nav, auto. still a good deal
Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

With Les Schwabs HQ here in oregon, i doubt this will go through.

Imagine all the sales they will lose if this goes through.
Exactly. Les Schwab is THE main reason why you see so many people with studded tires for 6 months of the year
Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by minkl81
i received '09 TL tech as a loaner today. not that much impressed after driving back home. still not a big fan of eps...

although car is much quieter inside and sound system is very loud and clear.

just purchased lifetime oil change for 399 too. should've purchased it when i first bought it... it'll start to pay its own when my tl hits 70,000mi.
Yeah the '09 is as quiet as my RL.. quite impressive.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Scangauges are awesome. Its what pros use to help diagnose engines in addition to tuning them. You can see all the essential components for fuel/air mixtures, usage and how lean or rich your engine is. And so much more.
Exactly.

Mine currently scans HP, Water Temp, Intake Mani Temp, and one im drawing a blank on
Old 02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
WTF?

went to the DEQ today with my resonated cat delete.. and passed.. they didnt even mention the fact that it stunk
Old 02-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Exactly.

Mine currently scans HP, Water Temp, Intake Mani Temp, and one im drawing a blank on
Current MPG is my other scan that i couldnt remember.

Got my 16mm's in today, so depending on weather is when i put them on
Old 02-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Exactly.

Manifold pressure?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I Quit

Congrats Brandon.

Kyle - where did you get your old wheels PC'd? How much did it cost if you don't mind sharing.

I want to get my TSX stockies PC'd white, I dunno why, might look cool and save me some cash from buying more rims.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:20 PM
WTF?

chris im selling my chromies for cheap you know you wanna buy them =)
Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 AM
I Quit

^^^ man that's too much bling for me to rock. I am not in the business of blinding on coming motorists with my wheel ice.

pouring salt in the wound: channel 12 news this morning here in Portland stated that our governor wants to put GPS transponders in all Oregonians cars to "tax mileage"

What does this sound like? Sounds to me like the government monitoring your every move. Am I the only one that finds this scary?!?!?!?!?! This is communism people!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
WTF?

ya i totally agree.. more reason to vote.. why did we even get this guy for our state? oh ya i remember all the other sucked too haha

i dont think that will pass.. most people dont like the thought of the goverment monitoring there moves

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread