Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so who is going to make it tomorrow? Dan, Jorge and I are going to be there, anyone else?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
T-Swzy

i am beetches. if you hang around till around 1 i'll be there. i'm always there, in spirit. but seriously, 1
Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Sean

if somebody hits me up when they are driving out there i should be able to make. dont know where the place is. so razzi if you roll out hit me up. 813-624-5270
Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Whatever Razzi, you've been bitching out all over lately, we'll see if you show up...

Sean, I'll be on my way out at 7, you want me to call you then?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asujosh1
Your Pops has boobs?!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Sean

just whene ever specs start to show. prob around 12 or so
Old 05-03-2008, 09:31 AM
T-Swzy

effin a man, i was actually gonna paint my grill, b pillars and bumper today. but josh is callin me out.

so i'll be back from this meeting at around 12 or so. sean, you got a place you want me to meet u at?

here's the location of the place
Valleyfair
1 Valleyfair Drive
Shakopee, MN 55379
Old 05-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Instructor

just checkin in seein how everyones doing i wish i could come but im in Ireland so that causes a lil problem there is some prety sick skylines hear and silvias and shit anywho im off to a drifting compotition tomorrow ill take pics and post them soon have fun at autocross
Old 05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
T-Swzy

lols that's nice man. leaving the wife with the newborn?
sean imma head out, i'll PM you my number, let me know what's up. i couldnt get a hold of u
Old 05-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by seanranger3
if somebody hits me up when they are driving out there i should be able to make. dont know where the place is. so razzi if you roll out hit me up. 813-624-5270
It was Valley Fair You Beeaches that did not make it. You can go tomorrow and support Josh and Dan. Great last run JOSH 72 I'll get there soon, May the TL,gods Smile upon you tomorrow. If I can make it I will be there and if not leav you phone handy so you can tell me play by play.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Advanced

Razzi Thanks for the support
Old 05-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Sean

sorry guys trid to getout there but grandma made me go geics wit the family nd had togo to dinner. what time is everybody heading down there tomorrow. or is anybody just meeting up.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Punctuation Nazi

If you are going to show, come around 10 or so, that is when cars are going to be on track.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Sean

cool. will deff and try and gt down there. just have todo so much stuff with the family. thanks again josh
Old 05-04-2008, 02:57 AM
Broke college grad

any of you blokes drive a 2nd gen silver tl
Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Punctuation Nazi

nope, mine is blue and Dans is black. Jorge has a silver one but it is 3rd gen

Last edited by asujosh1; 05-04-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:56 AM
T-Swzy

wont be making it today. sorry fellas, gimme a call if you guys wanna toss back a cold one and watch some races and wash cars or something
Old 05-04-2008, 01:45 PM
T-Swzy

a few snaps from yesterday, i also recorded some videos but it was on a camera that wont zoom while recording, so it's kinda stupid, i'll watch em and see if it's even worth uploading

the guy josh was chasin all day 626 WRX

josh's 320

the guy chasin josh all day

few interestin cars

look who decided to park next to me
Old 05-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Advanced

Nice Razzi

I like the pictures not the comments You should be the photo dude
Old 05-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Cool shots Razzi. Too bad you couldn't make it to dinner.

Fast time for Saturday was a 72.9, fast time for Sunday was a 65.3, but it didn't count, my fastest lap that counted was a 68.4. They reversed the track from Saturday to Sunday and threw in an extra slalom, which made things interesting. The auto and the inability to shift into first meant that I spent most of the time in second. I found a way to keep it in first, but i was going fast enough that I had to shift about 4 or 5 times per lap into second and the transition back into first was brutal, so I decided to do without shifting and just use the torque. The people that won our class both days were in a 325is running slicks and were 10 seconds ahead of me on day 1 and 7 seconds ahead on day 2. Jorge made some excellent progress throughout the day to pick up 10 seconds from the start of the day. Dan also picked up 10 seconds throughout Sunday, putting down some great times, but getting a DNF and a couple of cones in the process.

It was a really good time, Sean came out on Sunday, Razzi came out on Saturday, I highly recommend that anyone that wants to find the limit of the TL to come out and do it. If you don't find the limit of the TL, you will definitely find the limit of your tires!! I need to get rid of those all-seasons and get some good summer/auto-x tires if I am going to continue with this, I shredded both my and Dan's tires and was still not getting very good grip.

Hope to see you all out there next time!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:55 AM
T-Swzy

bleh, just keep shreddin those and they'll be slicks in no time

good job on the progress guys, track time really pays off lol

hey i'm pickin up a 1500 watt amp and 2 subs in a week or 3, and i'm confused bout this whole thing. i just wire it up, have a bass controller and be fine right?

Last edited by Razzi; 05-05-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

What kind of amp/subs? I used to have 2 12's and a 15 in my Jimmy. Had it all running with an RF db1000(x1) amp. Cool thing about it, is that RF has a remote amp knob - allows you to adjust the bass from somewhere other than the amp.

I don't know that I've ever seen the inside of your car. You running a head unit, or stock? If stock - make sure you get a good line level converter. I had one start on fire once. Nothing happened since it was a hatchback (daytona) - so I smelled the smoke before anything burnt up.

I miss my system - but after so much shit in my Jimmy fell off / started to rattle / quit working, I sold everything when I bought my expedition.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Speaking of vehicles - I don't understand some people. I was searching craigslist the other day and came across a 94 dodge ram 1500. Guy wants a grand for it. I call him Friday, he says he is busy. OK - understandable. He says call me tomorrow at about 3. I actually called him at about 2 because I'm an impatient mofo. I ask if now is OK, or if he wants to wait until 3. He basically acts like I just pulled 3pm out of my ass, and says he is at work and couldn't meet at 3.

I end up going to his work (Tousley Ford in White Bear) - and look at the truck. Not bad - little rusty in places, but hey - it's a replacement for the blazer. I want a truck instead so I can haul stuff in the summer - which makes the blazer pretty much useless and would just get parked all summer.

So anywho - see the truck, liking it. Ask if I can take it for a test drive, he says no, there is a problem with the front axle and he will be fixing it after work. Ok.. I can understand that.

I call him on Sunday at about noon - he says he's just going to work on the truck now, and will give me a call once it is fixed. Waited, called him back at about 5pm. He said to hold on for a second, and I think his phone may have died - was disconnected with a busy signal. Called back, straight to voicemail. Called him back at about 8pm last night and left a message for him that basically said "Hey - this is Brian about the truck. I was just wondering if it is still for sale, or if you need a few days - I'd just kind of like to know what's going on so I'm not waiting at the house for your call).

Nothing. I don't mind that he is working on the truck. Nice of him to do that rather than dump it on me without saying something is broke in the first place. But to tell me 3 days in a row that I can look at the truck "later", and now to completely leave me in the dark... Maybe he shouldn't have put his truck up for sale if he's not ready. What do you guys think? Am I being a pain in the ass, or since I have the money and want to buy - do I have a right to wonder why his ass is dragging his feet?

By the way - I was bidding on another 94 dodge on the state of MN auction website (for DWI forfiet and fleet sales - google it), but it looks like it's going to go for more than I want to pay. I bid up to 1200 before I found the craigslist one, and it's above that now. If I don't get either of these, I still have all summer to find a 4x4 truck for around a grand.

The end
Old 05-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Nice pictures. I'm sure my brother was there (he drives a MR2 right now but it seems to change week to week as he goes through cars).

I need to get around to reattaching the "A" in ACURA to the back of my car now that it's warmer and it should stick. Need a good wash and wax too. And I have to order some summer tires. Any recommendations?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Sean

guy had a great time out there. wish i could of stayed for the whole thing and but had to get on the road. and again sorry about standing yall up on staurday. let me know when the next big thing is happening up there and will try to make it up. i will make sure i have time to get out of grandmas fist. and razzi did you get a pic of the bmw
Old 05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Speaking of vehicles - I don't understand some people. I was searching craigslist the other day and came across a 94 dodge ram 1500. Guy wants a grand for it. I call him Friday, he says he is busy. OK - understandable. He says call me tomorrow at about 3. I actually called him at about 2 because I'm an impatient mofo. I ask if now is OK, or if he wants to wait until 3. He basically acts like I just pulled 3pm out of my ass, and says he is at work and couldn't meet at 3.

I end up going to his work (Tousley Ford in White Bear) - and look at the truck. Not bad - little rusty in places, but hey - it's a replacement for the blazer. I want a truck instead so I can haul stuff in the summer - which makes the blazer pretty much useless and would just get parked all summer.

So anywho - see the truck, liking it. Ask if I can take it for a test drive, he says no, there is a problem with the front axle and he will be fixing it after work. Ok.. I can understand that.

I call him on Sunday at about noon - he says he's just going to work on the truck now, and will give me a call once it is fixed. Waited, called him back at about 5pm. He said to hold on for a second, and I think his phone may have died - was disconnected with a busy signal. Called back, straight to voicemail. Called him back at about 8pm last night and left a message for him that basically said "Hey - this is Brian about the truck. I was just wondering if it is still for sale, or if you need a few days - I'd just kind of like to know what's going on so I'm not waiting at the house for your call).

Nothing. I don't mind that he is working on the truck. Nice of him to do that rather than dump it on me without saying something is broke in the first place. But to tell me 3 days in a row that I can look at the truck "later", and now to completely leave me in the dark... Maybe he shouldn't have put his truck up for sale if he's not ready. What do you guys think? Am I being a pain in the ass, or since I have the money and want to buy - do I have a right to wonder why his ass is dragging his feet?

By the way - I was bidding on another 94 dodge on the state of MN auction website (for DWI forfiet and fleet sales - google it), but it looks like it's going to go for more than I want to pay. I bid up to 1200 before I found the craigslist one, and it's above that now. If I don't get either of these, I still have all summer to find a 4x4 truck for around a grand.

The end
If the dude wants to be a jackass, tell him to go eff himself and find another deal. There is always another deal to be made/found, hell, did you hear that Dodge dealers are cutting $13K off the sticker to try and move their 2008 inventory?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/05/g...r-13k-below-m/
Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Razzi
bleh, just keep shreddin those and they'll be slicks in no time

good job on the progress guys, track time really pays off lol

hey i'm pickin up a 1500 watt amp and 2 subs in a week or 3, and i'm confused bout this whole thing. i just wire it up, have a bass controller and be fine right?
Let me know when you want to do the install, I paid for beer in high school by building and installing sub enclosures for my friends, so we should be able to figure it out. I wonder if the factory Sub wires have a LPF on them already, or if we would have to use the one in the amp.

Also, WTF kind of speakers are you going to have? 1500 watts? That's out of this world! I had 2 10" Polk speakers in my Civic running off a bridged 2x50 Alpine V-12 and that car positively bounced down the road, I can't imagine what a TL with 1500 watts is going to be like. Are you going to basically eliminate your trunk and just make it into one huge speaker box?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Check out this video of yesterday's on track action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT2UNOJUI60
Old 05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Broke college grad

yo razzi when you moved your front license plate didnt you have holes and scratches and stuff cuz i took mine off to move it and it was effed up underneath it. If you did whatd you do to fix it?
Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
T-Swzy

i dunno what the amps and subs are, theyre sittin around and imma pick em up. i just saw 1500 watt on the amp lol. but either way, the TL needs more kick

mine didnt have holes cause it was mounted with the bracket instead of drilling into the bumper. i did have a paint scratch where the bracket met the paint, i just put a line of touch up paint on it. imma sand it with 2500 grit and buff it out later. i did it with the other scratches on my car and it's workin well, really smooth. problem is, the touch up pen they gave me comes out more blue than black O.o

i still got the bracket if you want it. i'll give it to you pro bono if you'd show up to a damn meet
Old 05-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Broke college grad

So since I cant afford wheels right now until summer when I start construction im gonna just do small things like this http://www.ledautomotive.com/OrderIn...03TL/index.asp im thinkin of for now just doin the dome light and door lights and map light but eventually do the whole dash in blue once i figure out how hard it is. So for now just the dome light door courtesy and map light.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Broke college grad

haha im sorry razzi I been busy I just started soccer again and I gotta a lot of stuff with graduation goin on let me know when the next meet is.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
T-Swzy

that's cool man, busy time of your life. get that done with and we'll chill all summer.
from what i've seen, all the bulbs are just plug and play except for the radio for which you'll have to solder
Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Instructor

nope there here with me so its all cool anyways looks like fun i wish i was there laterz
Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Is anyone else just now getting notifications from this weekend's posts? Talk about annoying!

I either get no notification, or two days late!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Here are the results from this weekend's racing:

http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/show...?t=9021&page=8

Sorry, I couldn't get them to post up here for some reason.

Jorge made consistent progress, Dan would have beaten me except he couldn't stay on course, and he would have been close, but he's a conehead. You can also all see my frustration with my times on Sunday since I kept slowing down during each run.

As we said that day, it's easy to put up a good time when you eliminate part of the course!!

I need some new tires!! I'll take a photo of them tonight for all of your viewing pleasure...
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM
140,000 miles young

but it's just a cone!

Since Josh raped my tires on the fun runs I will also be needing new ones, maybe we will see some rims with them.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
140,000 miles young

Originally Posted by BlackuraTL
So since I cant afford wheels right now until summer when I start construction im gonna just do small things like this http://www.ledautomotive.com/OrderIn...03TL/index.asp im thinkin of for now just doin the dome light and door lights and map light but eventually do the whole dash in blue once i figure out how hard it is. So for now just the dome light door courtesy and map light.
Wow I can't believe I have never heard of that LED site. Looks very cool to be able to get all the proper LEDs in packages. I think that will be my next mod I would love to do the dash too but I have never had the best hand for soldering
Old 05-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Hey - someone has to go one the autox site and message someone for me. It looks like one of my old co-workers-turned-boss is part of the club. I knew he did autocross, but never really knew much about it.

His name is porkbone (aka Chris DeLay).

Just tell him I said hi, and he may be interested in the forums here (he's got an 00 Integra R, and a 2G TL)

Old 05-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Actually Chris's car is the yellow Integra just behind the red Lotus. Just another one of those small world moments.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras