Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That 350 sounds pretty sick.

I'm out of town the weekend of the 25th for my mom's 60th birthday party, but this whole month is screwed as far as me being available on the weekends. Everyone wants to come up to Minnesota before it gets really cold.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by WannabeG
hey just curious if any of you guys want to do a fall cruise on the 25th of this month. It is a saturday.

I figure it is a good last weekend to do a meet, and i can meet some of you guys to.

Im going to see if G guys want to go as well.

But let me know. i'll be gone this weekend but back on sunday.
We'll rival Tri-State VIP man
Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Drove the 350 tonight but the sales-douche had to ride along with me and wouldn't let Matt in. The path he took me was pretty worthless as far as evaluating the car for anything other than stopping at a sign and starting off. There was only one corner that we went through at any sort of speed (30 MPH). That said, I liked how tight it was, but I wasn't all that fond of the lack of rear seats.

On the way home we stopped off at the BMW dealer to drive a Cooper S, which was pretty nice. It was pretty impressive from a power perspective, I was actually really surprised. Turns out that it was no ordinary S, it was the John Works edition that has 208HP instead of the normal 163 of the S. Too bad they have only been building the Works edition for a couple of years and that it is a 50% premium over the S, I would have bought it tonight...

Consequently, the 350 and the John Works both have 11lbs/HP. The Cooper just weighs less meaning that it will be easier on tires. The Cooper also comes with either 16 or 17" wheels giving me options when it comes to buying slicks for it. The Z comes with 18"s which would make for some pretty pricey slicks.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
fu

i'm up for a drive, just get more info and i am probably down..

on another note today i talked to my mom about getting my rotors resurfaced, and she said that she was closer to selling my car then fixing it. which is scaring me.
and then she started threatening to take me out of my school and make me go to the near by school, and then she would have a reason to sell the car..
Old 10-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Hey, if she sells yours, you could always buy mine!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 PM
fu

well if i end up selling it i kind of want to get like an 02 or 03 since i will already have parts for it. but by the time i can afford a car who knows what i'll want
Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Punctuation Nazi

You're in luck!! Mine's an 03 Type S!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:40 PM
fu

haha, i know, and i went with a tl i would deff. go for the s.
buti don't know it would probably be 2 years before i could save up that kind of money, and by then i'll be in college and need it for other various activities.. plus i kind of want a car with more aftermarket options, tls have very little.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Yeah, and I am hoping to have the TL sold this fall so that I can get used to the new car over the winter and start the season kicking ass and taking names.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Hi all a few days in Mexico and you guys wrote three page must be getting close to winter in the TC. Glow looks nice, Josh still haven sold so what Mini thats interesting. Razzi what is with the oriental rapper, next thing you will post is is an oriental Salsa singer. The weather is great here. Welcome aboard to the new young blood fronm the G group now you are in areal car club. Hi slepy you have competition. Dan hows it going out East. I am headed for Ixtapa tomorrow beach and warm weather fellas. Hey young blood or should we call you G man the cruise sounds cool I will see if I can make it. Nitro what is up with you we need to see you can you come out and play with us before winter or you leave which ever comes first (hope fully Winter). Well I almost forgot Matt how is that clutch I hear you are kicking ass in Auto X congrats. I think this cover just about every one if I missed anyone please accept my apologies but this is what happens when you are busy. Signing off from Mexico with a Rum and Coke the DUDE
Old 10-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did Jorge always have ADD?

Just messing with ya man. So when you coming back? I think you missed out on any type of indian summer we are going to have. It's been getting down into the 30's at night, with highs near 60.

So when Takata gets back from the hot zone, we will all have to get together before the snow flies and he loses the rims for a while. Then I can get my $40 from Josh before he goes and spends it on a car or supercharger for the scooter
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Holy run-on sentence Batman!! I think the punctuation Nazi is going to have to take a trip to Jorge's house. I guess we have to cut him some slack though, English IS his second language...

Shit Glow, it'd a good thing you're paying attention, I totally forgot about the $40 for RAM.

Hey Slepy, if you don't mind my asking, what is it that your mom does for a living?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
140,000 miles young

Josh, Jorge actually did use quite a few periods in that sentence. You should go easy on him just beat him for lack of commas.

And if Razzi doesn't buy your wheels how much would shipping them cost cause if it's not much I want.

Things are good back east. My car is being worked on, new headlights are in and my CF hood lands in RI on monday, woot! I need to find people to cruise with once I get her back, haven't had any luck yet I need all you guys.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by underst8
Josh, Jorge actually did use quite a few periods in that sentence. You should go easy on him just beat him for lack of commas.

And if Razzi doesn't buy your wheels how much would shipping them cost cause if it's not much I want.

Things are good back east. My car is being worked on, new headlights are in and my CF hood lands in RI on monday, woot! I need to find people to cruise with once I get her back, haven't had any luck yet I need all you guys.
I still have a brand new couch that has yet to be slept on. Not to mention that whole front bedroom...
Old 10-15-2008, 01:42 PM
fu

my mom sells commercial flooring.
if you do sell your rims how much you looking for? i might be interested if i still have the tl through the winter
Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by underst8

You tried tristate VIP dan. I'm positive the east coast has a bigger azine member base than us midwest
Old 10-15-2008, 02:20 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Well I almost forgot Matt how is that clutch I hear you are kicking ass in Auto X congrats.
Clutch grabs so much strong than before, even with a softer feeling pedal. Im pretty sure my old one had cycled out from so many had launches, and was probably glazed as well.

The new one engages a little late, which might be due to slightly inaccurate machining of the stepped flywheel, but beggers cant be choosers. It should be good for a good long while.

Autox is almost over. AS is all determined for the season and I managed to secure 1st, so this last race is purely for fun for me. It a 'decorate your car' event too, so that should be amusing.

Hope your having fun in Mexico!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Broke college grad

Wait Razzi's avatar? You like girls now?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Slepybear
my mom sells commercial flooring.
if you do sell your rims how much you looking for? i might be interested if i still have the tl through the winter
If the buyer of the TL doesn't want to pony up the $$ for them, I'll sell them, but I have to have a buyer for the car first. I quoted Razzi $500, but I think that he is behind Dan in the order of 'dibs' called. Most likely shipping them to RI is going to be cost prohibitive and they will be sold here. Unless Dan decides to make a road trip out here to the frozen tundra.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
T-Swzy

well like i said, brakes are giving off mad dust so i gotta get new pads else i'd be trashing em. might just order some from heeltoe or exceler8 later.

and i bought an intake off of ebay on a whim. but i got this feeling imma need an AEM bypass or something

since george wouldnt let me dear sabrina, i had to move on to korean girls i can only dream about

EDIT: nm on bypass, turns out its to prevent hydrolock. well, not gonna need it then. j32 blows i get 350z

Last edited by Razzi; 10-15-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
fu

im pretty sure if you just replace the filter you should be fine, like k&n or any other of the major brands
Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
fu

ugh.
i was trying to figure out why my fog lights won't work, and i was looking around and everything seemed fine except 2 things.
1. the fuse that hooks up to my daytime lights straight up isn't there, but they still work.
2. the button for the fogs was stuck, so i decided to try and push it out and the way it works is the fogs are powered through the daytimes(i though, im starting to question though) because for the fogs to go on at least the daytimes had to be on, but also the battery had to be running too, and i tried pushing the button out with a screw driver but didn't realize that the battery was still running. one push and smoke just starts pouring out of the dash, so i think i fried the fog light button...
i'll be honest, i'm really confused by all of this, and i did try moving some fuses into the 5 spot, which is the one missing, but it doesn't have anything to connect the fuse in.

can anyone help me?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:45 PM
fu

Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Slepy, in order to help I would have to get my hands on it. I have a multimeter that would be immensely helpful in trying to determine if you are getting power or not at each location.

On a separate note, If you ever have an opportunity to drive an Rx-8, DO IT! I just finished driving one, and man was it a good time. The sales guy rode with me, so I couldn't get too terribly crazy, but it was still a LOT of fun to drive. Also, those of you that know how big I am will guess that finding a sports car that I fit in well is also a problem. This was by far the roomiest of the sportcars that I have driven this week. Still not a Porsche, but roomy. I had forgotten how much fun the rotary motor was, how much it likes to rev, and how incredibly smooth the power delivery is. Unless you guys know of another car that would be a better deal, Looks like I am going to be looking for an Rx-8...

Someone PLEASE buy my TL!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
fu

well i am off all weekend for mea, so if we could meet up this weekend that'd be awesome..
also, now i'm not getting any power to my trunk and sometimes my transmission doesn't go into gear(i put it in R and then it just rolled forward and rev'd up.. i had to shut it off and then it worked..)

rx-8s look tight, but everytime i see someone driving one they either seem or drive like jackasses
Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Slepybear
well i am off all weekend for mea, so if we could meet up this weekend that'd be awesome..
also, now i'm not getting any power to my trunk and sometimes my transmission doesn't go into gear(i put it in R and then it just rolled forward and rev'd up.. i had to shut it off and then it worked..)

rx-8s look tight, but everytime i see someone driving one they either seem or drive like jackasses
Put your car on CL and get a different one. You don't want to deal with electrical gremlins...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 AM
fu

alright, well i got the power going to the trunk again, but not the amp, and because circuit city sucks at installing stuff they decided to do the easiest, cheapest install, so i'm not sure how they did half f what they did.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:28 AM
2nd Gear

Josh I'm glad you liked the RX8! I was thinking a few days ago how itd be a near perfect car for you but I had thought you said E said no to it.

Pros:
-Roomier than most sports cars (or sports coupe, whatever it is)
-has a back seats, atleast on paper.
-Has a class it is competative in (and dominant in)
-Ton of local drivers to compare to who are really good.
-Is a sharp car... its not like settling for a protege like some suggested on the forum.
-Revs really high! always a good thing
-Can be found in yellow.
-(this next one is a guess, so might not be true), Tires arnt staggered?
-Can definitely be found in your price range.

Cons
-So-so gas milage

Seems like the pro's heavily out weigh the cons.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear

http://www.carsoup.com/used/summary....&WithHandicap=

the two silver ones are manual. mmmmm now i want one. 10k rpms
Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Yeah, once I heard about the 100K drivetrain warranty, it made it an option. I was always a bit tentative because of all the problems I had with my Rx-7, but since they made the warranty period longer and made it retroactive, I'm down.

I have been looking, and there is one in town that started at 16,5 and is now at 14, so if I can sell the TL, then I would most likely scoop that up. I would have to check the car out pretty thoroughly though, the dude that owns it is part of the 'Empty Pockets Drift Club' and I dont want to pick it up and find out that this dude smacked a wall like at the 'Eve of Destruction' last weekend.

As for yellow, Ivan already has that covered, I would feel like a total douche if I pulled up in a mirror of his car...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by marks_lude
http://www.carsoup.com/used/summary....&WithHandicap=

the two silver ones are manual. mmmmm now i want one. 10k rpms
That 2004 Silver one for 13,5 is the one owned by DK (Drift King) himself! Ha ha! That's the one that I would like to try and get into.

I found an '07 on CL with 7500 miles for $18, but E is not budging on the $14K limit.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Yeah, once I heard about the 100K drivetrain warranty, it made it an option. I was always a bit tentative because of all the problems I had with my Rx-7, but since they made the warranty period longer and made it retroactive, I'm down.

I have been looking, and there is one in town that started at 16,5 and is now at 14, so if I can sell the TL, then I would most likely scoop that up. I would have to check the car out pretty thoroughly though, the dude that owns it is part of the 'Empty Pockets Drift Club' and I dont want to pick it up and find out that this dude smacked a wall like at the 'Eve of Destruction' last weekend.

As for yellow, Ivan already has that covered, I would feel like a total douche if I pulled up in a mirror of his car...
I was wrong on that redline i think...

Anyways, thats a solid warranty! Id be careful of damage to axles and diff if the guy was into drifting, but if its covered under warranty than no biggie. It looks like theres a bunch for under 14k with less than 40k miles.

Instinct says find one that was babied, but I also heard those engines are most healthy when reved out often.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Redline is 9K, but who's counting.

As for those engines, you want one that has been beat on, they have much fewer problems. That is also why they make such good race cars, the more you beat on them, the better they are going to run...
Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Yes Josh, I did used periods and spaced my letters. It is 98 degrees, but I am staying at and all inclusive resort guys. Thefood is great , I am eating like a(Josh). The booze is free all you can. I am right now at a computer Bar Lobby drinking a Run and Coke as I mail you guys. I will be getting home on Saturday nigth.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 PM
2nd Gear

Jorge, what section of Mexico? and what resort?

I was at Dreams down in Peurta Vallarta earlier this year.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Jorge, if you are in Mexico, why the hell are you getting on the internet instead of going to the beach and checking out some hotties in bikinis? You know you aren't going to see any skin up here for the next six months.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Where is everyone today? It's Friday, you ain't got shit to do!
Old 10-17-2008, 04:36 PM
2nd Gear

Hi Josh. The inlaws already in town? if not, I'll get my drink on.

(actually, I think I'm gonna get my drink on either way)
Old 10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
fu

i'm off to find a job..
any good ideas for a 17 year old?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
T-Swzy

male escort slepy

for youse that wanted a meet
http://www.mnhondas.com/showthread.php?t=163

local hondas are getting together and going for a cruise. looks like 15 people are signed up along with friends and stuff. i'll get the G35 forum know about this

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras