Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by marks_lude
I am so insanely sore today! 5 hrs of sleep + 10 hrs of work make the body hurt. I went to bed at 11 last night and woke up at about 10:45 today haha... almost 12 hrs of sleep.

Jorge, thanks a ton for the use of the garage. I realized I forgot to take the broom and sweep out the dust last night, and I meant to do that before I left. You should host a big Shop Cleaning soon and I will definitely be there to help.
Matt it is always a pleasure to help out and learn new things. As always it is all good Josh thanks for the help and the AWSOME cooking As for the rest of you guys to bad you missed it.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't say that, but it went pretty well for a 12-hour job.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Honda Noob

Hey, any pics of the work?? I wanted to be there but I'm in NY/NJ right now for training, spent most of the day sightseeing
Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by nitropwd
Hey, any pics of the work?? I wanted to be there but I'm in NY/NJ right now for training, spent most of the day sightseeing
I have a couple... but not many because my hands were always too greasy for the camera. I'll try to get them uploaded to flickr and post them up soon.

It all went fairly smooth except for one hitch in the middle. We positioned the tranny (not an easy feat) and got the top three bolts torqued when I realized the clutch release fork was in backwards . After a lot of wiggling, we realized there was not other option but to take the tranny back off. Ugg.

After that it all went well putting it back together.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 AM
2nd Gear

oh yes, forgot to mention also... my steering wheel is off by one spline, so ill have to fix that. I left the under vailence off so it should take no more than 5 min...

Also, we had a little smoke out at the end when i started the engine... and didnt remember until now what it was from. We broke one header shield bolt and by the time we got it out (thanks Jorge for doing that) there was dried penetrating oil all over the headers.

Fun note: S2000 Vtec sounds much cooler with no hood or intake cover. Josh can attest to that.

Edit: pictures will be up tonight. a lot of them are blurry because i just held the camera down low and shot it without looking thru the camera. Jorge, I have several high res shots of your car. I can post them up too for you unless your license plate conscious... let me know.

Last edited by marks_lude; 09-22-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tonight and tomorrow are my last 2 nights of afterhours work for me. Yeah. That is, until they come up with some other projects that need to be done. But normally there are always at least 3 or 4 coming down the pipe, but there are none yet.

I hate working on weekends. I miss all the good stuff
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
fu

I've decided to start the "Matt(me, not s2000 matt) needs a supercharger fund"
Donations are accepted from anyone, and I assume there is some sort of tax right off.
plus we could all have fun installing it and seeing me burn some fools.
we could make the money back in hustling in no time!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 AM
2nd Gear

Couple picture of the job:

Notice the redesigned springs? No more clutch buzz!

Beat flywheel, new shinny nice flywheel

Tranny off, flywheel off. You can see on the right the engine cradle is dropped about 3 inches. Thats why the just is such a pain in the ass.

Tranny on the ground:

how to lower and raise the engine/cradle/trans

engine is 3" lower than norm here.

random pic

Safety first, rims to cat the car if it jack stands fall.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
6th Gear

Sorry guys it was a busy week...there isnt a whole lot to say about my ride cause i just got it but i love it so far. Its a 01 CL-S in white with the black interior and my bro has the same car except Black with the tan, or taupe or whatever, interior...he loves it too. The only things that i've done to it so far is tint, debadging, XM radio, and remote start/security. Now i need to get the 105k service done...any ideas? Im somewhat mechanically inclined but i think that is a little to in depth for me lol Id really like to do headers and a CAI at somepoint too. Thanks for the welcome guys! P.S: Your avatar is awesome GLowrdr!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Stan0050
Sorry guys it was a busy week...there isnt a whole lot to say about my ride cause i just got it but i love it so far. Its a 01 CL-S in white with the black interior and my bro has the same car except Black with the tan, or taupe or whatever, interior...he loves it too. The only things that i've done to it so far is tint, debadging, XM radio, and remote start/security. Now i need to get the 105k service done...any ideas? Im somewhat mechanically inclined but i think that is a little to in depth for me lol Id really like to do headers and a CAI at somepoint too. Thanks for the welcome guys! P.S: Your avatar is awesome GLowrdr!
Thanks

Most of the items you want done have already been done by us - so you're in good hands. As far as timing belt service - I'm staying far away from that one. Not that it is really tough (don't know though) - but I don't want to be responsible for messing up the timing and shearing off the topside of the block
Old 09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Broke college grad

I'm soo out of the loop right now. I've only been driving my car once a week now. My dad picks me up on sunday's in it and then I drive home lol that's all the time I spend driving it. I can tell my dads been driving it too haha.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
T-Swzy

wooo, that's sexy matt. the tranny looks like a freakin positron cannon sitting below your car lol. feel any better running?

we had a member on here with a cl-s too, installed some mods with him and it was real good lookin car. then he moved his ass to rhode island. anyway, if you buy mods, we like to mess with em

and i just had to share, took a calc 4 and chem test today, bitch slapped both of them like cheap rent-a-whores from the oriental express. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Welcome aboard
Old 09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Razzi
wooo, that's sexy matt. the tranny looks like a freakin positron cannon sitting below your car lol. feel any better running?

we had a member on here with a cl-s too, installed some mods with him and it was real good lookin car. then he moved his ass to rhode island. anyway, if you buy mods, we like to mess with em

and i just had to share, took a calc 4 and chem test today, bitch slapped both of them like cheap rent-a-whores from the oriental express. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Razzi you are alive.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Advanced

Matt were are the photos of my car. Those of your carhave excellent resolution you are now the official photographer.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:19 AM
2nd Gear

...Jorge, I have several high res shots of your car. I can post them up too for you unless your license plate conscious... let me know.
Originally Posted by Takata 18
Matt were are the photos of my car. Those of your carhave excellent resolution you are now the official photographer.
As long as its not problem, I'll add them to flickr tonight. I always like to be cautious tho.

Also Jorge... thats not full resolution either. This is full res:
http://flickr.com/photos/30003982@N0...7607443828415/
Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Any of you guys going to Hot Import Nights at the convention center this Saturday night? Tickets are $25 each and it goes from 5-12AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Any of you guys going to Hot Import Nights at the convention center this Saturday night? Tickets are $25 each and it goes from 5-12AM.
YEAH!!!!! Bought my ticket a week ago online. I'm pickin my friend up from the U then were rollin down there. I cannot wait!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM
6th Gear

Good to know on the Mods part, when i get the service done and get some extra cash ill start shoppin...what do you guys think i should do first?? Ive heard alot of CL owners suggest headers and that seams reasonable, but idk if the XS ones everyone talks about are worth the hassle and i cant afford comptech. Also, anyone know any good cheaper shops that could do the service? Thanks guys
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Advanced

Talking

Did not know that. I might have to bring that up with the budget director. Hey I might be headed to BRAAAZIL for work not a bad trip. Trip might be in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Advanced

Hey Josh can we bring our rides that woul be cool.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Advanced

Unhappy

Hey Glow you post author you have been hush! hush!. Only one or two lines not a Novel. what are you over worked
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 PM
T-Swzy

Good to know on the Mods part, when i get the service done and get some extra cash ill start shoppin...what do you guys think i should do first?? Ive heard alot of CL owners suggest headers and that seams reasonable, but idk if the XS ones everyone talks about are worth the hassle and i cant afford comptech. Also, anyone know any good cheaper shops that could do the service? Thanks guys
XS and comptech are the 2 extreme ends of the spectrum. in the middle balance lies Megan headers, OBX and DC. great performance on a type-s for about 250-400 bucks
Old 09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Broke college grad

Saw that SSM TL again today, only I was eating in the DC and saw him drive by out the window so couldn't do anything about it. But that probably means I'll see him again.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Hey Glow you post author you have been hush! hush!. Only one or two lines not a Novel. what are you over worked
That about sums it up. And apparently work thinks I spend too much time on AZ, so I haven't been leaving it open all day like normal - just checking it here and there.

But on another note... my switchblade key should have shipped yesterday or today, and the body kit is on the fedex truck for delivery. Problem is I see they require a signature and I'm at work. Looks like I may be taking a trip with the truck to get it later tonight.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon buffing out the rear bumper of the ack, and the tailgate of the truck. Everything looks nice and clean now - can't wait for the kit to be put on. Maybe next weekend, I'm pretty booked for this weekend. I think a case of beer and an afternoon and I should have no issues. BTW - cleaned the garage again. Got rid of some shelves, condensed some stuff, and PUT MY TOOLS AWAY!!!! Now I have to clean the wifeys side so she can get her oil rig back in the garage soon.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Advanced

How much are you paying for the key. I talked to my friend at the dealer and he say that to do this you have to change the key cylinder and have the key program?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Next question is, would this key work on the 2nd gen?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Broke college grad

Next question is, would this key work on the 2nd gen?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Yes, the key will work with all gens. It was $100 for the key/fob. Basically, what I bought is a modded key.

Essentially the new TL's have a laser cut key, where the key is square, and the key is cut into the metal - like this:

Well, what CSMeance has done, is take the acura key, and cut it from the standard key, into a normal one.

Then all I have to do is get the key cut and programmed by a locksmith, and program the remote to work with the car. Now I have a key and remote all in one. And the key folds up into a nifty little package - push the silver button, and it springs to life. There are only 95 that were made, and he has numbered them. I do believe though that he is doing another group buy after this one. At $100 a key, that's a heck of a deal. They are $60+ on ebay for the OEM key, and there is literally only 1 person in existance that cuts these keys. It used to be FLBUSA that did this. He actually used to supply the dealers with these keys. Well, he went out of business, and CSMeance has found someone to mill these keys to the specs needed. I've been waiting for 2 months for this key.

Now for the bad news of the evening. Tim sent the body kit via FedEx, and they are pretty strict about their policies (which may not be a bad thing). Since the value of the item is over $500 - I MUST sign for the package. Unlike normal packages, I can't just sign the release form and have them leave it on my step. So it looks like I have to make a trip out to St Paul tomorrow to pick it up myself.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:38 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
So it looks like I have to make a trip out to St Paul tomorrow to pick it up myself.
Is that going to fit in your car? or do you have some sort of pickup truck?

I dont know what kit it is so I dont know how big it is.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Glow has a humongous Dodge Ram that he drives instead of the TL, he'll have plenty of room...
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 AM
3rd Gear

sup guys, haven't been on here for a while but seems like everyone is doing alright. I haven't done much with my car....been too busy working and football season is here so not much time to do much anymore.....but yeah just thought I log in and say wuuusssssuuuupppp!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

VROOOOM!!!

Anyone been outside yet today? It's friggin hot! I guess I've come to the conclusion that summer is over, and now I'm looking forward to the nice cool 40's and 50's, having bonfires, and drinking beer in the garage watching the game.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Is that going to fit in your car? or do you have some sort of pickup truck?

I dont know what kit it is so I dont know how big it is.

It's the Aspec kit - same as what Jorge has on his car. It was between that kit or this one....

I voted for the first (but it was close.... )
Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear

Anyone been outside yet today? It's friggin hot! I guess I've come to the conclusion that summer is over, and now I'm looking forward to the nice cool 40's and 50's, having bonfires, and drinking beer in the garage watching the game.
Just went out to lunch with the top down and it was beautiful out. Perfect temp, not to hot at all.

Also saw my exact same car at the place we went to lunch parked outside. I guess yellow s2000 owners like chinese buffets.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Advanced

Talking

Yes, the key will work with all gens. It was $100 for the key/fob. Basically, what I bought is a modded key.

Essentially the new TL's have a laser cut key, where the key is square, and the key is cut into the metal - like this:

Well, what CSMeance has done, is take the acura key, and cut it from the standard key, into a normal one.

Then all I have to do is get the key cut and programmed by a locksmith, and program the remote to work with the car. Now I have a key and remote all in one. And the key folds up into a nifty little package - push the silver button, and it springs to life. There are only 95 that were made, and he has numbered them. I do believe though that he is doing another group buy after this one. At $100 a key, that's a heck of a deal. They are $60+ on ebay for the OEM key, and there is literally only 1 person in existance that cuts these keys. It used to be FLBUSA that did this. He actually used to supply the dealers with these keys. Well, he went out of business, and CSMeance has found someone to mill these keys to the specs needed. I've been waiting for 2 months for this key.

Now for the bad news of the evening. Tim sent the body kit via FedEx, and they are pretty strict about their policies (which may not be a bad thing). Since the value of the item is over $500 - I MUST sign for the package. Unlike normal packages, I can't just sign the release form and have them leave it on my step. So it looks like I have to make a trip out to St Paul tomorrow to pick it up myself.
Glow let me know if it works. I just talked to a friend at acura and he told me that it will not work unless you the inmobilizer acode from an 08. He also said the power door locks and the windows thru the remote will no longer work unless you had the 08 system. Let me know if it works.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Advanced

Talking

Hey Matt were are the photos of my car.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:40 PM
fu

so last night was my schools homecoming dance, and afterwards me and a couple friends went to taco bell before going to an afterparty. my one friend pulled up and then i remembered from a couple days ago that i put an "emergency taco" in his glove compartment. he thought i was joking but then when he was driving up to the drive-through i was changing out of my dress clothes into more comfortable stuff, and he had his girlfriend throw the taco at me, she missed me, and hit my back window/trunk, where it exploded and got over everything. i then got everything i could and threw it at him, and just missed his open front window but it got him pretty bad too.
but it covered my trunk, and its gross, but tasty.
moral of the story is eat a volcano taco, they are good.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:40 PM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by Slepybear
so last night was my schools homecoming dance, and afterwards me and a couple friends went to taco bell before going to an afterparty. my one friend pulled up and then i remembered from a couple days ago that i put an "emergency taco" in his glove compartment. he thought i was joking but then when he was driving up to the drive-through i was changing out of my dress clothes into more comfortable stuff, and he had his girlfriend throw the taco at me, she missed me, and hit my back window/trunk, where it exploded and got over everything. i then got everything i could and threw it at him, and just missed his open front window but it got him pretty bad too.
but it covered my trunk, and its gross, but tasty.
moral of the story is eat a volcano taco, they are good.
truer words could not be uttered
Old 09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Broke college grad

HIN wasn't as good as last year but theres still plenty of chicks and cars so its all good.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras