Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome aboard mate
Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was in CO over the weekend so i miss your get together. You guys should plan somthing a little more formal. I'll show up. next week is my spring break though, and im goin to Mexico.

When i get home, 19s are goin on the G, woohoo!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm back

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so do u guys meet every weekend?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
During the summer we meet quite a bit. Right now though is kind of iffy. Lots of us are getting ready for spring, or have the winter obligations that we have to phase out of for summer.

But - welcome aboard, and you should see things kicking off soon. Part of the problem too is that we have people from all over. if everyone lived in Coon Rapids like me, I'd be all for getting together every weekend and kicking it. But driving out to Minneapolis or WBL actually takes a little bit of planning which most of us aren't any good at....lol
Old 03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I realized something this morning too.

Driving with 6 month old gas + Stabil = Fail

Driving with fresh gas + WOT = Winner
Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Cool

What up guys!? I also live in MN (15 min. from the Twin Cities) and am lookin' to start meeting up with fellow Acura owners who love their car as much as I do! I own a '01 Acura CL; I spend pretty much all my $ money $ modifying her! I meet up all the time in my city with friend's and their rides (about 4 nights a week for about 4-5 hours). I am interested in meeting more Acura owners who want to meet & cruise Is there anything planned at the moment?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^Welcome to the teen Jap Luxury Car owners of MN club LOL
Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

No plans as of yet. I know I won't be available until maybe May. But usually if anyone speaks up and just makes a plan - people will come.

So with the 2 new guys on there, where you guys from?

Oh BTW - I know we mentioned it recently, but I know some of you are kind of hit or miss when it comes to keeping tabs on acurazine. Does anyone else on here use facebook at all? So far I know of Razzi <ken>, Slepy <matt>, Black <kyle> and Josh <dan...lol>

Personally I find FB easier to follow for keeping in touch since it syncs directly to my blackberry so I get instant notification if anyone posts. Here I check it a couple times a week, but it depends on what I have going on.

Last edited by GLowrdr; 03-26-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Broke college grad

We should def have a meet soon now that we have 2 new dudes and I still haven't met wannabe
Old 03-26-2009, 12:29 PM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GLowrdr
if everyone lived in Coon Rapids like me, I'd be all for getting together every weekend and kicking it.
Josh said almost the same thing last weekend if we had decided to go to the BW3's in CR you would have showed up. Oh well at least I'm not the FNG anymore.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Josh said almost the same thing last weekend if we had decided to go to the BW3's in CR you would have showed up. Oh well at least I'm not the FNG anymore.
99% of the time that would be true. Last weekend though we actually had plans to grill with the wife's cousin. Generally my excuses are much less committing though.

Maybe I should just tell everyone "I'm hanging out with Razzi - Sorry" and then I could somehow blame my woes on him...lol
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Broke college grad

Maybe I should just tell everyone "I'm hanging out with Razzi - Sorry" and then I could somehow blame my woes on him...lol
haha .

Hey I come from Blaine everytime so I have about the same hike
Old 03-26-2009, 02:52 PM
fu

How about we set a meet date.. I would say meet at my house, but its my moms house, and that wouldn't be as cool... right. so lets say
April 11th?

meet up at someones place *cough*josh, jorge, or who ever has a house *cough*
like around 11 or 12, show off the cars for a bit, then roll somewhere, or maybe a BBQ at whoevers place we are at.. assign foods, drinks, etc to everyone?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Punctuation Nazi

if everyone lived in Coon Rapids like me, I'd be all for getting together every weekend and kicking it. But driving out to Minneapolis or WBL actually takes a little bit of planning which most of us aren't any good at....lol
Seriously, it takes planning for you to drive 20 mins?

Events at my house took a nose dive when Jermaine's car was towed. We can meet at my place, but everyone better bring $300 to get your car out of hock. Once it's warmer we can meet NEAR my place at one of the riverfront parks.

Otherwise, Jorge's place is a lot of fun and has been a good meet location in the past.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Alright. As long as the meet is at a house or lot where we can all park and hang out - I am down.

The way my schedule looks, we should plan something the 4th, 11th or 18th. Make sure you plan it on a warm sunny weekend though. None of this cold rainy meet crap.

BW3 sounds good... we haven't had a meet there is forever

And Josh - no comment when I called you Dan? lol Can't believe I thought you were Dan for the first 6 months I knew you both. I knew the names obviously, but in person I knew a Josh that looked just like Dan - so it was easy to make the connection
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
T-Swzy

welcome aboard guys, it's really nice seeing fresh faces cause we have lost a few members over the 2 years or so.

i'm trying for a 3.7+ GPA this semester so i'm workin hard, but i'm not willing to cut back on the parties so most of my free time is now dedicated to either passing out or reading a book. i am up for a meet though, i just dont wanna plan it lol.

oh and about my bumper, shit happens, i know. but man, it frustrates me the things he does. he's roughly my size, a tad bigger. so when i buy clothes he'll wear it, but usually stretch it out cause i wear a small and it snugs me pretty well. but that's fine, until he starts spilling shit on it, then throwing it all over the house, leaving me to find them and clean them. but eh, he's turning 19 tomorrow, maybe he'll change

also i had this annoying creaking noise from my rear passenger shock area whenever it rains or gets wet out. so i bought a can of wd40 and unleashed it in the general vicinity. havent heard a thing since.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Punctuation Nazi

And Josh - no comment when I called you Dan? lol Can't believe I thought you were Dan for the first 6 months I knew you both. I knew the names obviously, but in person I knew a Josh that looked just like Dan - so it was easy to make the connection
The funniest part of that is that we don't look ANYTHING alike. Unless you consider white male as looking alike. In that case, you, me, slappy, and well, everyone else on here (except Razzi) looks alike.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Instructor

No plans as of yet. I know I won't be available until maybe May. But usually if anyone speaks up and just makes a plan - people will come.

So with the 2 new guys on there, where you guys from?

Oh BTW - I know we mentioned it recently, but I know some of you are kind of hit or miss when it comes to keeping tabs on acurazine. Does anyone else on here use facebook at all? So far I know of Razzi <ken>, Slepy <matt>, Black <kyle> and Josh <dan...lol>

Personally I find FB easier to follow for keeping in touch since it syncs directly to my blackberry so I get instant notification if anyone posts. Here I check it a couple times a week, but it depends on what I have going on.
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm from Cottage Grove. BTW - I do use Facebook. So if you want to add me, just look me up. The name is Travis Johnson. Hah, I prolly should of introduced myself earlier.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Instructor

i havent been to a meet in a long ass time since we went for chinese down in the cities last spring but its such a hall for me im out in monticello but i have a house out in he country with lots of room for cars if anyone wants to drive out here the only thing is i have a gravel driveway so if you wanna come out here your more then welcome but i know its a hall for most of you im also lookin for some help to install my coil overs when they get here so we could make it a date out here wrechin and grillin then cruse somewere other wise no biggie ill have fourmula1 help me again maybe i can drag him out with us sometime
Old 03-26-2009, 06:46 PM
fu

too many travis johnsons..
im matt heslin, should be the first, but my prof pic is me playing paintball
Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Slepybear
too many travis johnsons..
im matt heslin, should be the first, but my prof pic is me playing paintball
I sent ya a friend request... For other members, my profile pic is a picture of my trunk set-up.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Instructor

oh ya my facebook is tyler voigt its a pic of my kid with his hurley hat on in the boat
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by MyPearl02
i havent been to a meet in a long ass time since we went for chinese down in the cities last spring but its such a hall for me im out in monticello but i have a house out in he country with lots of room for cars if anyone wants to drive out here the only thing is i have a gravel driveway so if you wanna come out here your more then welcome but i know its a hall for most of you im also lookin for some help to install my coil overs when they get here so we could make it a date out here wrechin and grillin then cruse somewere other wise no biggie ill have fourmula1 help me again maybe i can drag him out with us sometime
Have you ever heard of the concept of punctuation?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm back

hi guys, im gonna introduce myself....My name is Kin, and yea, im asian!!! anyways, i live in Plymouth,so its pretty close to wherever. I will like to cruise around with other acura owners since my car just turned 100k miles....O well, Its honda...so whatever...

As for the meet, im scheduled to work on Saturday.But I could get those april's weekend like the 4th, 11th or 18th, off but need to noticfy ahaed of time....Do u guys meet up on Friday/night or Sunday??

So my tsx mods are in my sig...also i do have facebook, name is Kin Ho, or
s249170@hotmail.com if its handy...but just let me know u guys are from acurazine.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm back

Any other TSX owners here?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 PM
T-Swzy

i think you might be the only TSX owner so far haha, it's mostly TLs.

i'm excited, it's gonna be a good year. let's not schedule anything too soon, i dont know how long this weather is gonna stay stupid and i dont wanna stand out in a snowstorm like our very first meet lol.

but if you guys got shots of your ride plz put em up
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm back

Originally Posted by Razzi
i think you might be the only TSX owner so far haha, it's mostly TLs.

i'm excited, it's gonna be a good year. let's not schedule anything too soon, i dont know how long this weather is gonna stay stupid and i dont wanna stand out in a snowstorm like our very first meet lol.

but if you guys got shots of your ride plz put em up
here is the only pic i have for my car, it was taken last summer beside u cant see my car got keyed all around ( sad)....well waiting for upcoming acura meet and take better pic woth other cars

Last edited by chokin; 03-26-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm back

here are 2 more. Sorry for the crappy phone pic

wanting to take some rolling shots too hehehehe
Old 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Instructor

My CarDomain profile has all my car photos. New, better photos coming soon once I install my two pages full of modifications I am doin' once it gets warmer. Check out my profile here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3141249
Old 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM
fu

wow..
i feel like we should make a facebook group for this, to better stay in contact and set stuff up? we are actually getting a decent amount of people, this is cool..

I say we set the date for the 11th, since it seems to work for everyone who has piped in so far...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm back

11th , im in...unless sth comes up...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Instructor

i have none i went to buffalo high school so they dont teach much of that there..... or they did and i was either gone or sleeping in class sorry.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:06 AM

hey guys! hows it going? i havn't been to a meet since last spring just let me know or just tell razzi =D. (For those who didn't remember me i was the one with the civic last spring).

well the good news is that we have a integra now since it was smashed this past winter (yes i know FAIL!).

look me up on face book name is Xuyen Hoang, you can find me on razzi facebook. I also have the pic of the damage civic on there too.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:35 AM

BTW my avatar is what the civic looks like after it met the guard rail on 35W S near the GMC dealer ship in roseville =P
Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm back

Originally Posted by Slepybear
How about we set a meet date.. I would say meet at my house, but its my moms house, and that wouldn't be as cool... right. so lets say
April 11th?

meet up at someones place *cough*josh, jorge, or who ever has a house *cough*
like around 11 or 12, show off the cars for a bit, then roll somewhere, or maybe a BBQ at whoevers place we are at.. assign foods, drinks, etc to everyone?
11th sounds good to me, i would love to cruse around
Old 03-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

99% of the time that would be true. Last weekend though we actually had plans to grill with the wife's cousin. Generally my excuses are much less committing though.

Yes it is true. Glow shows up if it is near his Crib.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Welcome all nice to have new Acura FREAKS like us. I think the fever is hitting us all. Lets set it up, hopefully all can be there those who can't we will have other meets. We can meet at my house , or if or anywere everyone is confortable at.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
My CarDomain profile has all my car photos. New, better photos coming soon once I install my two pages full of modifications I am doin' once it gets warmer. Check out my profile here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3141249
jesus christ that is a lot of mods
Old 03-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Well - I was Pwnd and found out there is an Acurazine.com profile on facebook. Apparently due to some bad design - if you search "Acurazine" it doesn't show up. You have to specifically add the ".com" after it.

Well, since i have created a group, and it technically does me no good unless I feel like competing with the real AZ group (which I am sure I'd win, since you can find mine )

I think I will just change the name to Acurazine - Twin Cities. Part of that is because I can't figure out how to close the group once i have created it..lol
Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
3rd Gear

wassup guys, just checking in and letting ya know that if the 11th is set then i will be meeting up with you guys also.

Haven't done anything to my car since I owned it last summer. I just dropped 9 GRAND for my wife's tummy tuck!!!!!! So yeah, after she heals, she promised me I can buy anything I want. I am thinking rims first but to go chrome or black is the question I need help with. Not sure if I should go with something else like springs and shocks. But yeah maybe I will get both, who knows....I will stay in touch and let you guys know if anything comes up!!!!

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras