Tundra 86'd for an 86 which was 86'd for a Sequoia

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 01:21 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
Z tricked us...12 hours of sleep per night after 5 weeks.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:21 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,342 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
So much this. 100% agree. Love the little girl to death but I don't get why people have more than one kid lol.
Because Wives don't want the first one to be "lonely"

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Sleep, how I remember thee....
6 weeks without a full night's sleep, here. Baby girl is 7 months old & has a 2am internal alarm clock.
3 girls & we're, officially, done. Got the 'blessing' a couple weeks ago.

This.

My coworker just had a little girl, I was surprised because it's their first and he is almost as old as I am (old) I cannot imagine being 60 with an 18 year old.

15 years ago the Wife wanted another. I knew arguing was pointless so we tried. Thankfully we failed.

The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 01:40 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,394 Likes on 4,939 Posts
Originally Posted by e30cabrio
I'm glad it's better. Good luck with not having any more. I was done at one, we have three.

Usually, we get two at a time, one or the other a few times a month. It's cool so the windows are open, which made it louder. I try to run out to see what they are. I like that they are pretty low, which makes identification easy.

lol
Snip snip

6 weeks without a full night's sleep, here. Baby girl is 7 months old & has a 2am internal alarm clock.
Yeah you gotta work on that... We've been slowly moving her clock back. She'll sleep from 8pm or so til 11, diaper change and feed, then from midnight to 4am, diaper change and feed, then from 5ish til 9 or 10am. Before, she was wide awake from 8pm until 2am or so, and would only sleep in 2hr increments the rest of the night.

However, I'm dreading the 4 month regression
Old 03-26-2021, 01:40 PM

This is what dogs are for.
e30cabrio (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 02:11 PM

Received 5,490 Likes on 3,748 Posts

This.

My coworker just had a little girl, I was surprised because it's their first and he is almost as old as I am (old) I cannot imagine being 60 with an 18 year old.

15 years ago the Wife wanted another. I knew arguing was pointless so we tried. Thankfully we failed.

I'll be 44 when my oldest in 18 & 53 when the youngest is 18
My dad was 42 when I turned 18 & my youngest sister just turned 18 this week & he's 59 in November.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:41 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
We always have 2 of those, I'm ready to be done with them also.

I'll be 44 when my oldest in 18 & 53 when the youngest is 18
My dad was 42 when I turned 18 & my youngest sister just turned 18 this week & he's 59 in November.
I'll be 59 in May, I can't imagine having a kid less than 30. Ours are 30, 33,34.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:05 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,110 Likes on 4,010 Posts
3 girls & we're, officially, done. Got the 'blessing' a couple weeks ago.
I think we're one and done but I'm sure that argument will be coming up sooner rather than later. Baby will be 6 months next weekend and she mostly sleeps through the night, probably 70% of the time. If she doesn't, she's up at 4ish to get a quick snack and then passes out right away. She's really good about putting herself to sleep, put her down and she's out within a couple minutes with no intervention. Now that she's starting to sleep on her stomach she sleeps for a lot longer.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Z tricked us...12 hours of sleep per night after 5 weeks.
Same. Other than the 4 month regression, Baby S sleeps for about 12 hours a night and has been since like 6-7 weeks.

I'll be 53 when she goes to college. Honestly, it's a lot better this way around. Financially speaking, it's way easier. Some people are absolutely pwned with the cost of a kid, it hasn't really affected us much if at all.

Yeah you gotta work on that... We've been slowly moving her clock back. She'll sleep from 8pm or so til 11, diaper change and feed, then from midnight to 4am, diaper change and feed, then from 5ish til 9 or 10am. Before, she was wide awake from 8pm until 2am or so, and would only sleep in 2hr increments the rest of the night.

However, I'm dreading the 4 month regression
As you should, it fucking sucks. Worst 2-3 weeks of my life.

How's that snoo going? Remember when you laughed at me for it? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

This.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:08 PM

I'll be 53 when she goes to college. Honestly, it's a lot better this way around. Financially speaking, it's way easier. Some people are absolutely pwned with the cost of a kid, it hasn't really affected us much if at all.
I'll be 50, and I'm looking forward to kicking her ass out already

How's that snoo going? Remember when you laughed at me for it? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
I mentioned it in the Golf thread - not well. She isn't taking to it at all. She doesn't like the motion and the longest she's lasted in it was 45 minutes. I've initiated the return process so I just need to box it up. I'm not upset at having to return it though
Old 03-26-2021, 03:11 PM
Ex-OEM King

I mentioned it in the Golf thread - not well. She isn't taking to it at all. She doesn't like the motion and the longest she's lasted in it was 45 minutes. I've initiated the return process so I just need to box it up. I'm not upset at having to return it though
Did you turn on the gentle mode? That helped a lot for us. The normal mode looked downright dangerous lol. Also try it without her in the stupid swaddle that it comes with. Arms out works best.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:14 PM

Yep, kept it on gentle mode where it wouldn't shake past level 2 - but even level 1 would wake her up. If we just laid her down without it on, she slept. But that negates the point of it

We've tried arms out as well - no dice.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:24 PM
Ex-OEM King

Yep, kept it on gentle mode where it wouldn't shake past level 2 - but even level 1 would wake her up. If we just laid her down without it on, she slept. But that negates the point of it

We've tried arms out as well - no dice.
You have a weird kid lol.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:26 AM

1 is the money...I can take her to disney twice a year now...(edit: not that I do...but I can)
more importantly is the patience....I'm a different man now than I was 15 years ago.

I think after a certain point it's a pavlov's dog thing at 4am, Sam. I can't remember when it is but at some point they can wait.
My ex and I used to be on the same page...kid never sleeps in the room with us...kid learned to sleep through noise and to wait for certain stuff.

Even now...she knows not to wake me up on the weekend...I come downstairs and her bed is made, she's dressed and usually reading books or
playing quietly in her room. The kid is an angel.
civicdrivr (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 03:36 PM

Im gonna send you my kid for the next 4-5 years. You can send her back once she acts like Z.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:16 PM

Im gonna send you my kid for the next 4-5 years. You can send her back once she acts like Z.
Uncle Jeremy hanging with little R...works for me, dude.
When people say oh man...your daughter is so well behaved...
I'm like, oh well thank you...I don't really give her a choice in the matter

She'll thank me one day.
Then I'll have to pay for therapy but at least she won't end up being an asshole adult that is a
burden to society.
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
civicdrivr (03-28-2021), SamDoe1 (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 08:34 AM
Ex-OEM King

1 is the money...I can take her to disney twice a year now...(edit: not that I do...but I can)
more importantly is the patience....I'm a different man now than I was 15 years ago.

I think after a certain point it's a pavlov's dog thing at 4am, Sam. I can't remember when it is but at some point they can wait.
My ex and I used to be on the same page...kid never sleeps in the room with us...kid learned to sleep through noise and to wait for certain stuff.

Even now...she knows not to wake me up on the weekend...I come downstairs and her bed is made, she's dressed and usually reading books or
playing quietly in her room. The kid is an angel.
Do you offer a child training boot camp thing where I can send my kid to you for a few weeks?

We're at the point now where we make her cry it out for a while before we go in there and see what's up, it's at about 4 months when you can start doing that. There's a whole schedule thing (can be found online) to follow based on their age and how long to let them cry but we don't really follow that. We can usually tell when she's crying whether she's just being a B that wants attention or really needs something and respond accordingly. At this point she really only wakes up because she's hungry and has started sleeping for ~8hrs, eat, then sleep for another 4 hours before being up for the day. Big thing is to make sure that they always equate sleep to being sleepy and nothing else.
00TL-P3.2 (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 08:41 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Big thing is to make sure that they always equate sleep to being sleepy and nothing else.
I wake up exhausted, I would love some real sleep.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:43 AM
Ex-OEM King

I wake up exhausted, I would love some real sleep.
Stop modding the car?
Old 03-29-2021, 08:45 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm working on the last mod. A new owner.

lol
civicdrivr (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 08:58 AM

until the NEXT car and subsequent projects.
Sam...you are a well thought out person. What I normally tell people
is that every kid is different and every parent is different and that if there's no right way to do things
then technically there's also no WRONG way to do them.
I've treated Z like an adult from day one...I come down hard but I explain why then reinforce with love.
I never want her to think that my being strict means I don't love and accept her. We're all flawed, the sooner
you accept that and admit to it the sooner you can stop pretending and pointing fingers and you can take accountability.
Then you can work on apologizing and meaning it and lastly correcting the behavior. She can reason and deduce a lot for a 5 year old.
I've told her that won't defend her if she's wrong...and the golden rule applies to life...you're an ass you can sit in your room and stare at a
wall or scrub your own shit from inside a toilet bowl...or you can be cool and sweet and helpful and do well in school and you can make it
impossible for me NOT to want to take you for ice cream and go for a bike ride and have a great day together...either way that is in YOUR
control, not mine. I've already decided I'm gonna have a great day doing what I love after I do the stuff I don't. LOL...
downside to that is she is super good at pointing out when I'm full of shit or hypocritical ALREADY at 5 years old. But I practice what I preach...
"you're right babe...sorry about that...I'll work on it". :wink: The other day she tells me she can't wait to be an adult so she can control people
too. I was like...FUCK, I've gone too far

Being a parent is so challenging but also so fun and rewarding.

Anyway, sorry for the derail...just know that none of us know what the fuck we're doing...we just try and lead with good intention and the dust falls wherever it does.

e30, any further progress searching for your next money pit or are you waiting for this one to sell first?
Old 03-29-2021, 09:06 AM
Ex-OEM King

is that every kid is different and every parent is different and that if there's no right way to do things
I've treated Z like an adult from day one...I come down hard but I explain why then reinforce with love.
I never want her to think that my being strict means I don't love and accept her. We're all flawed, the sooner
you accept that and admit to it the sooner you can stop pretending and pointing fingers and you can take accountability.
Then you can work on apologizing and meaning it and lastly correcting the behavior. She can reason and deduce a lot for a 5 year old.
I've told her that won't defend her if she's wrong...and the golden rule applies to life...you're an ass you can sit in your room and stare at a
wall or scrub your own shit from inside a toilet bowl...or you can be cool and sweet and helpful and do well in school and you can make it
impossible for me NOT to want to take you for ice cream and go for a bike ride and have a great day together...either way that is in YOUR
control, not mine. I've already decided I'm gonna have a great day doing what I love after I do the stuff I don't. LOL...
downside to that is she is super good at pointing out when I'm full of shit or hypocritical ALREADY at 5 years old. But I practice what I preach...
"you're right babe...sorry about that...I'll work on it". :wink: The other day she tells me she can't wait to be an adult so she can control people

Anyway, sorry for the derail...just know that none of us know what the fuck we're doing...we just try and lead with good intention and the dust falls wherever it does.

e30, any further progress searching for your next money pit or are you waiting for this one to sell first?
Dude, you are an A+ father. Kudos to you for all that you do. I hope to come close to where you're at with Z.
rockstar143 (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 09:11 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents treated me like an adult from go, I turned out fine.

I treated my kids as adults, they are all ready to support us in our dotage (my evil scheme) lol

I'm looking, This does not have to sell first, there will be spousal friction either way.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:18 AM

Dude, you are an A+ father. Kudos to you for all that you do. I hope to come close to where you're at with Z.
That actually means a lot coming from you, Sam. Thanks for that.
I'm certain you'll be in the same boat in a few short years from now. First few months are rough...
people tell you it gets fun but they don't prepare you for HOW fun it is. You're in for a good time.
My parents treated me like an adult from go, I turned out fine.

I treated my kids as adults, they are all ready to support us in our dotage (my evil scheme) lol

I'm looking, This does not have to sell first, there will be spousal friction either way.
I had a feeling about you...see how well you turned out! LOL...and yes...when I think about my own kid
and the 3 I have input on with my girl's kids...I think MAN, the likelihood that I'll have to wipe my own ass
at 90 is really dwindling.

Anyway, spousal friction is what carries relationships IMO I embrace all the friction I can get.
Have you narrowed down what you want next? May I ask that you run it by us before you pull the trigger?
I don't know why but I feel like a few of us would have been able to talk you out of the 86 beforehand.
e30cabrio (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 09:22 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

The 86 was a total impulse buy that I literally told the salesman (dealing with him for a decade) I know I'll regret this but sold.

lol

I'm leaning towards getting back to a huge hauler. I miss space.

My price range keeps expanding.

phoenix cars & trucks "sequoia platinum" - craigslist

That maroon one is down from 19.9 to 17.5

Last edited by e30cabrio; 03-29-2021 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:27 AM

That means their real price is probably ~16...
Honestly, if you promise an overland build on it...
I'll sanction this move. Might even buy it when you're done.
e30cabrio (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 09:27 AM

Every time I cruise around in the Burban...I'm like fuck yeah, I love having all this space...
and a V8 to effortlessly breeze off the line is nice too.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:10 AM

Was cruising my dad's Denali on Saturday, that 6.2 sure can motivate that 7k lbs beast.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:53 AM

sometimes I wish I had held out for the 6.2 but we saved some money keeping it Chevy and not GMC or Esco
Old 03-29-2021, 11:56 AM

FYI, the 6.2 was available in the Burban, for just 1 year.

Edit: It was the 2009 Tahoe, 6.2 optional on LTZ trim only.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:01 PM

Did not know!
I used to have a 6.2L also...
but I guess it didn't count because it had a 1.9L SC on top
Old 03-29-2021, 12:12 PM

Saw one at the show on Saturday, in a bit different shade of red than the Red Jewel on my Malibu.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:19 PM

I know this is gonna be sacrilege to say but
from some angles I actually think it looks dated...
kinda like the V1 looked to me when I saw the V2...
now the V3 looks modern and even then, there's the newer stuff...
If I still had one though I'd be telling y'all to suck my dick cause wagon
and 556hp.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:52 PM

Old 03-29-2021, 12:55 PM

Caddy has the same issue most Dodge vehicles suffer from - they look fantastic when they first hit the market but they look really dated in 5-8 years.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:03 PM

Vagon still > SRT Magnum. Never really cared for those.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:06 PM

Well, duh
Old 03-29-2021, 01:15 PM

Mr e30 wants more space, clearly he should just buy a Vagon. Still get #racecar & have lots of room, too.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:25 PM
Ex-OEM King

FYI, the 6.2 was available in the Burban, for just 1 year.

Edit: It was the 2009 Tahoe, 6.2 optional on LTZ trim only.
You can get the 6.2 optional on the Premier and standard on the High Country for the current gen Tahoe and Buban.

Mr e30 wants more space, clearly he should just buy a Vagon. Still get #racecar & have lots of room, too.
More space and less dated? E63 AMG.
civicdrivr (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 01:29 PM

I was thinking back a generation on the Tahoe/Burban.

I imagine a Vagon would be a bit less $$ than the AMG. But I agree with your suggestion. If we're spending someone else's money, may as well get all we can for it
Aman (04-05-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 01:31 PM

fit and finish won't be up to expectation if one were cross shopping
Old 03-29-2021, 01:35 PM
Ex-OEM King

fit and finish won't be up to expectation if one were cross shopping
For the caddy or the benz?