Tesla: Model 3 News

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
All 3 people with Model 3 in my office have turned off the Brake Regen... One of their main reasons is, it makes you want to use the brake pedal less and less, in case of emergency, you might not react as fast to use the brake pedal.

which i agree... we all know that split sec in "those" situations makes all the difference.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:33 PM

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,988 Posts
But isn’t the model 3 supposed to drive itself? Why does it even have pedals.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:41 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mizouse
But isn’t the model 3 supposed to drive itself? Why does it even have pedals.
it is for the more sensible Model 3 buyers who were smart enough not buying into the full FSD propaganda and decided to drive the car themselves.

The pedals in the Model 3 with FSD would have been eliminated, but they were too cheap to remove it. Same as the mirrors, headlights, turn signals and steering wheels. They already removed half of the steering wheel.., get the hint.
The following users liked this post:
Mizouse (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
that is good to know but that was not the same before. or on the older models. even on Tesla. Cuz i have witnessed it myself many times..
Also 1 thing that guy should also test is if adjusting the sensitivity will make any difference...
This setup dates back to at least 2013. I don't know what you witnessed, but it's supposed to work the same as it does today.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...-lights.21569/
https://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-...actuation.html
Our long-term Tesla Model S has a pretty aggressive regenerative braking system. When you hop off the accelerator pedal, the deceleration is as strong as easing into the brakes. It takes a little getting used to, but with smooth inputs, you won't be getting your passengers carsick. But the sharp deceleration had me a bit nervous about getting rear-ended.Thankfully, the brake lights do indeed turn on when there's enough deceleration, whether or not you're foot is on the brake pedal. If you ease off the accelerator and slow down as a normal gasoline-powered car would, the brake lights stay off. So at least the driver behind you can't blame the Tesla when they're distracted by their phone, nav, dog or latte.
There's plenty of things to dislike about OPD, but the brake lights ain't one of them, chief.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:44 PM
A-TSX Oldie

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
Is this why is so frustrating to drive behind Prius’ and EV cars?
My car is a glorified Prius, and it definitely doesn't have one-pedal driving. Regen happens even when you are coasting, and it is imperceptible from a regular car's coasting. If there's a problem with the Prius, it's definitely not in their execution of blended regen - it's one of the best in the industry.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:56 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,967 Likes on 2,645 Posts
1 pedal driving is the stupidest shit ever. That is like asking to be rear ended, not to mention how uncomfortable it is for your passengers.
1 pedal driving on the 3 is lighter and more natural because it’s lighter. 1 pedal in the Y is a bit more aggressive.

I got used to it quickly on test drives. It’s not different than engine braking on a manual.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sarlacc:
civicdrivr (07-02-2021), Comfy (11-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 07:57 PM
The Third Ball

All 3 people with Model 3 in my office have turned off the Brake Regen... One of their main reasons is, it makes you want to use the brake pedal less and less, in case of emergency, you might not react as fast to use the brake pedal.
thats horse shit.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:20 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
1 pedal driving on the 3 is lighter and more natural because it’s lighter. 1 pedal in the Y is a bit more aggressive.

I got used to it quickly on test drives. It’s not different than engine braking on a manual.
Both of us know how to drive manual and both of us have driven Model 3... i can tell you that it is VERY different than engine braking. then yah it would be similar feel but the engine braking still does not slow down the car nowhere nearly as fast as 1 pedal driving.
And this is not just Model 3, even on the smaller i3 that i drove extensively because i would get car sick as passengers, you could also do 1 pedal driving and that thing was more aggressive until BMW tune it down via software update.

Dont think it has anything to do with the weight... just how they set it.

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1023478

But there are actually some ppl liked the aggressive brake Regen.. so there is a taker for everything.

Maybe 2021 models are better? The model 3, model X and i3 i have been driving are all 2018 and older.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 07-01-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:27 PM
Team Owner

thats horse shit.
Well that is 3 Model 3 owners....and a conversation i had with them when they were trying to convert me to Muskism.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:02 PM
The Third Ball

Haha
Old 07-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
thats horse shit.
I second this. While you do wind up single pedal driving most of the time, you use the brake fairly frequently all things considered.
Sarlacc (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 10:13 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Agree with the comments about OPD. When I drove it for the first time, the passengers were like WTF are you doing….? Of course I didn’t even know about one pedal stuff at that time.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:55 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,105 Likes on 4,006 Posts
Ah, gone for a few days and so much to reply to...
1 pedal driving is the stupidest shit ever. That is like asking to be rear ended, not to mention how uncomfortable it is for your passengers.
It's not, it's really quite good and once you get used to it, you wouldn't want it any other way. I certainly wouldn't. Also, getting rear ended would be the other person's fault. Maybe if they had bought a Tesla they wouldn't crash into you, it's probably the inferior radar.

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
HAving seen both in person, I prefer the Polestar on looks.

@SamDoe1 did you guys look at any of the Polestar models in your pre-3 search?
Nope, watched a few videos and decided it wasn't for me. They don't have jack for charging infrastructure either.

Originally Posted by fiatlux
It simplifies the braking system because you don't need to blend the friction brakes with the regenerative braking. On the 3/Y at least (and maybe the S/X), the brake pedal only controls the friction brakes. Also, the taillights do light up based on how quickly the car is decelerating, so I'm not sure why you'd think you'd be more likely to be rear ended. As far as comfort...yeah, I don't like it. My right foot gets more tired because you have to carefully feather the throttle to just to be smooth.
You need to lift some weights if your foot gets tired on the throttle pedal lol. It's not hard to be smooth on it. Once you get used to the slowdown, it's no different than feathering the brake pedal for a smooth stop.

Is that something new?

Cuz the different kind of EVs i have followed, their brake lights dont light up until the very end.... nothing like a traditional brake light where it lights up the moment you step on the pedal. it seems the brake light only works during 1 pedal driving at certain high speed

I know because i could see how fast i approach someone from behind and their lights dont light up until they were almost completely stopped.

When i was driving the Model 3, i remember i had to purposely step on the brake, even tho i didnt have to. So the car behind me knows that i was braking.
The brake lights absolutely 100% light up when you get into regen at any speed. There's a certain rate of decel that activates the brake lights. You don't HAVE to step on the brake to stop or even hold it in place if you don't want to. I do use the brakes in case I'm not going to stop in time using regen alone. I do this 1-2 times each trip I make. Other than that, all regen. It would be stupid not to, that's recovering energy that's otherwise wasted.

Originally Posted by pttl
honestly this just sounds like another downside to these things. One pedal driving? No coasting? Seems like a pita.
The difference you need to wrap your head around is that an EV doesn't have an "idle" function. The motor is either some percentage on or off. While you certainly can configure the car to coast, you are much better off using regen to recapture that energy and put it back into the battery. It sounds bizarre because you haven't done it yet. Once you try it and get used to it (takes a couple minutes), you start to dislike coasting and such. It's basically refilling your gas tank every time you step off the throttle.

Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA
I think most people that have a car with 1 pedal driving prefer it.

Everytime I drive a Tesla it takes a while to get used to the regen braking but it you drive it everyday you get used to it. I think the only difference between normal regen braking and 1 pedal driving is at low speeds like 5MPH the regen will still be strong enough to come to a complete stop and keep you still. Normal regen will just slow you down to a slow speed and then you use the brake pedal to stop.
Regen will bring you to a stop but it won't hold you there, the brakes engage to do that once you stop. You can also configure this to not happen and allow the car to either roll or creep depending on what you want. I have mine hold because it's easier.

Source: Me because I own one and drive it every day

Originally Posted by BurnabyTSX
For us non-EV normies, someone compared one-pedal driving to a manual-equipped car with strong engine braking when lifting off the throttle, similar to how aggressive the TSX was if you didn't clutch in right away. Not a fan of it at all.

However, I can see where OPD makes sense in an EV when crawling along in traffic, but I would absolutely detest it when cruising along or driving at speed. Blended regen at speed makes a lot more sense, and this is where paddle shifters to help choose the level of regen should be an absolute must for all EVs.
Why? You don't have to be on or off the throttle, you can be less on the throttle if you want to slow down or whatever, The car will then either use more power or regen depending on your throttle input and speed. The throttle isn't on or off, you can be anywhere from 0% to 100% throttle and that doesn't mean that the car isn't in regen when on the throttle either. If you're going downhill, you can ease off the throttle and the car will go into regen. In that instance it's pretty imperceptible, you don't realize it's happening unless you look at the screen. It is akin to engine braking a manual but it's not like going from 6th to 2nd at 50mph. It's pretty gentle, I've yet to have anyone complain about it or even acknowledge it happening. They just assume I'm braking.

Imo...driving an ev should be like driving an ice car,, except its propulsion is...you know...electric.

You shouldn't have to re-learn how to drive, or get "used to it". poor concept, design, and execution.
Man, you should have seen how pissed off carriage drivers were when cars came around...

Anyway, it is like driving any other car, that's the point. The OPD thing is different but it takes you a matter of minutes to get used to it. If you don't want it, turn it off and waste the power? Not mandatory at all. FWIW, it takes me a minute to get used to the characteristics of any car. It also takes a rather long time to learn how to drive a manual vs an auto but no one is debating that manuals are poor concept, design, and execution.

Srs question, have you tried it? Guessing no.

yah.. except it is like that x 50. It feels like you are braking without stepping on the pedal....actually that is exactly what happens

But you can adjust the sensitivity on it now (obviously, less sensitivity = you cant really do 1 pedal driving anymore).... you could not adjust that a few years ago on some EV... i can tell you that it was very difficult NOT to make your passengers puke cuz it felt like you are either accelerating or braking with nothing in between...
It's not at all like that. If that was happening then the driver seriously sucked at driving. You can slow down an EV just by easing off the throttle and feathering it to a stop no differently than feathering the brake in a gas car. If you are jumpy on the throttle, of course it'll make people puke, it would in a gas car too because you'd be on the gas or on the brake with nothing in between.

Source: Me because I own one and drive it every day

It feels like from 6th to 4th at 70mph... no rev match of course.
But honestly, it does not feel the same as engine brake.... not even close IMO. It is a lot more aggressive or "unnatural" for lack of better word.

I am sure for the EV drivers, you will eventually get used to it... but for passengers and OTHER drivers on the road, i dont think it is a good idea.
Also not true. It's not at all jerky or sudden like a non rev matched downshift. It's pretty smooth and natural feeling.

Serious question, why don't you think it's a good idea. If all it feels like is hitting the brake and you can modulate that feeling, how is it different than using the brake other than you convert kinetic energy into electrons rather than heat?

which i agree... we all know that split sec in "those" situations makes all the difference.
1.) Tesla doesn't need a brake pedal at all, they just have it because Biden says they have to.
2.) This is utter and complete bullshit. The instinct to hit the brakes is there and will always be there. I use the brakes all the time albeit FAR more infrequently than in a gas car. I use it when the regen isn't going to stop the car in time or if there's an emergency.

Both of us know how to drive manual and both of us have driven Model 3... i can tell you that it is VERY different than engine braking. then yah it would be similar feel but the engine braking still does not slow down the car nowhere nearly as fast as 1 pedal driving.
And this is not just Model 3, even on the smaller i3 that i drove extensively because i would get car sick as passengers, you could also do 1 pedal driving and that thing was more aggressive until BMW tune it down via software update.

Dont think it has anything to do with the weight... just how they set it.

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1023478

But there are actually some ppl liked the aggressive brake Regen.. so there is a taker for everything.

Maybe 2021 models are better? The model 3, model X and i3 i have been driving are all 2018 and older.
I've never driven a 2018 but I cannot imagine it's THAT different than mine. The regen isn't as bad as you think it is. Come up to MN and I'd be happy to show you. The point I think you're missing is the level of go/stop (regen) can be continually modulated using the one pedal hence the one pedal driving. If you're always either on or off the throttle then yes it would feel jumpy but that's your fault and not the car's. The amount of regen is controlled by throttle input and speed. Really hard to describe this with words though it all makes sense in my head.

Originally Posted by kurtatx
I second this. While you do wind up single pedal driving most of the time, you use the brake fairly frequently all things considered.
Third this. I use the brake every time I drive though maybe 1-2 times per trip.
Comfy (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 10:45 AM
A-TSX Oldie

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Why? You don't have to be on or off the throttle, you can be less on the throttle if you want to slow down or whatever, The car will then either use more power or regen depending on your throttle input and speed. The throttle isn't on or off, you can be anywhere from 0% to 100% throttle and that doesn't mean that the car isn't in regen when on the throttle either. If you're going downhill, you can ease off the throttle and the car will go into regen. In that instance it's pretty imperceptible, you don't realize it's happening unless you look at the screen. It is akin to engine braking a manual but it's not like going from 6th to 2nd at 50mph. It's pretty gentle, I've yet to have anyone complain about it or even acknowledge it happening. They just assume I'm braking.
Look at it this way. For the same reason cruise-control/autopilot exists, we tend to want to relax our feet rather than be on the pedal the whole time. For those shorter cruising where autopilot/cc doesn't make sense, it feels nicer to go 0% throttle once in a while and let it coast along without being slammed down by hard regen. Most other EVs/regen systems allow you to choose the regen level on the fly using paddle shifters or just the gear shifter; and even at full coast, Toyota/Nissan's systems at least still gives quite a bit of regen without losing much speed. Going downhill is a different matter since we want higher regen to control our speed anyway.

In slower traffic, OPD is great since we would have our foot on the brake anyway, so modulating the throttle makes sense, as you said.
Comfy (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by BurnabyTSX
Look at it this way. For the same reason cruise-control/autopilot exists, we tend to want to relax our feet rather than be on the pedal the whole time. For those shorter cruising where autopilot/cc doesn't make sense, it feels nicer to go 0% throttle once in a while and let it coast along without being slammed down by hard regen. Most other EVs/regen systems allow you to choose the regen level on the fly using paddle shifters or just the gear shifter; and even at full coast, Toyota/Nissan's systems at least still gives quite a bit of regen without losing much speed. Going downhill is a different matter since we want higher regen to control our speed anyway.

In slower traffic, OPD is great since we would have our foot on the brake anyway, so modulating the throttle makes sense, as you said.
I'd say nearly 90% of my EV driving is short city drives. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the "feels nice to go to 0%" thought has never gone through my mind.

You can control the level of regen on the fly, just modulate the throttle or do it in the center screen. Trust me, it's not as big of a deal as people are making on here. I do this literally every day.
Comfy (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 01:48 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,418 Likes on 4,085 Posts
Where do you charge your ev Sam? Did you have a charger installed at your house?
Old 07-06-2021, 01:50 PM
Ex-OEM King

Where do you charge your ev Sam? Did you have a charger installed at your house?
In my garage. I don't have a charger "installed" but have a 240V 20A outlet that I plug the included charger into that charges the car up. It will refill the battery at 13-14 miles per hour plugged in which is more than sufficient for me. I have the battery set to charge to approx 260 miles of range (~70%) and it's ready and waiting for me every morning. I generally only plug it in if I have less than 150 miles remaining otherwise I don't bother. I can fill up the 110ish miles of range overnight easily.
The following 2 users liked this post by SamDoe1:
Comfy (07-06-2021), pttl (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 01:59 PM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
In my garage. I don't have a charger "installed" but have a 240V 20A outlet that I plug the included charger into that charges the car up. It will refill the battery at 13-14 miles per hour plugged in which is more than sufficient for me. I have the battery set to charge to approx 260 miles of range (~70%) and it's ready and waiting for me every morning. I generally only plug it in if I have less than 150 miles remaining otherwise I don't bother. I can fill up the 110ish miles of range overnight easily.

Why not have the battery set to fully charge? Just curious.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:38 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,394 Likes on 4,939 Posts
To protect the battery. IIRC, it also goes into a trickle charge beyond 80% I believe that slows charging speed down - again to protect the battery.

EDIT - https://mashable.com/article/tesla-battery-charge-max

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/05/01/should-i-charge-my-tesla-to-80-or-90-or-100/

Last edited by civicdrivr; 07-06-2021 at 02:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by civicdrivr:
Old 07-06-2021, 02:40 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
To protect the battery. IIRC, it also goes into a trickle charge beyond 80% I believe that slows charging speed down - again to protect the battery.
Yup. You generally only want to fully charge the battery if you need the capacity for a long trip. Otherwise, it's more healthy for the battery to not fully charge or fully discharge but instead keep it in the middle. When you configure the charge amount in the car or on the app it has a range for "daily" and a range for "trip" that you can set it to. Mine is in the middle for "daily" because the mileage I do in a given day is probably far less than 100 miles, more like 20-30 miles at most.
The following 2 users liked this post by SamDoe1:
Old 07-06-2021, 03:01 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
I think the Audi e-tron actually is set up such that 100% is still something like 90% of the capacity. This allows them to be charged to 100% all the time but also prohibits them from increasing the range beyond that.
Comfy (07-06-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:34 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Model 3 crosses 1 million sales

Tesla Model 3 becomes the first BEV in history to sell more than 1 million in cumulative sales.

Nissan Leaf passes 500,000

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/08/26...million-sales/

Tesla Model 3 Has Passed 1 Million Sales

How long until the Tesla Model Y passes 1 million total sales?

By
Zachary ShahanPublished
1 day ago One of our readers recently pointed out that the Tesla Model 3 has seemingly surpassed 1 million cumulative sales (deliveries)*. Indeed, looking at my own long-term records of Tesla sales, at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2021, the Model 3 had reached 1,031,588 worldwide deliveries.

That makes the Model 3 the first electric car to pass 1 million cumulative sales.

Note that these are not 100% official figures, since Tesla reports Model 3 and Model Y deliveries combined. However, official registration data for the Model 3 and Model Y from dozens of countries do help to inform my quarterly figures. I estimate that 225,000 Model 3s were delivered in the first half of 2021, and the 1-million-vehicle crossover point almost certainly came in June.

The Tesla Model Y, meanwhile, just passed 250,000 cumulative sales in July, and my forecast has it getting slightly past 500,000 at the end of the year. The Model S has passed 300,000 cumulative sales, but clearly isn’t growing fast enough to fend off the Model Y.

Our reader notes that the Nissan LEAF passed 500,000 cumulative sales in December 2020. It is the only electric car aside from the Model 3 to have done so. Will the LEAF ever get to 1 million sales?

Aside from the Model 3, the Model Y, and potentially the Nissan LEAF, which electric models are most likely to surpass a million sales one day?
Old 08-27-2021, 12:27 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,521 Likes on 6,379 Posts
#nodemand
#thecompetitioniscoming
Old 08-27-2021, 02:54 PM

Who is still saying no demand thou?
Old 08-27-2021, 03:10 PM

Actually maybe I don’t want to know.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:52 PM
Team Owner

Tesla has always had the demand in the EV world... is Comfy being Comfy again imagining things?

But when you look at the big picture...

CR-V sold 240k units in the US alone
Model Y sold 74k units (not sure if this is US figure or global figure, it's so low that it does not really matter)

So yes it has demand... in the EV segment. No, it does not have a lot of demand in the automotive world.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:54 PM
My first Avatar....

Im not sure if the teslastans want other car companies to be successful in EVs, ya know...for the good of the planet, or if they just want the muskmobile to be the only game in town.
Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM
Team Owner

Im not sure if the teslastans want other car companies to be successful in EVs, ya know...for the good of the planet, or if they just want the muskmobile to be the only game in town.
yah on 1 hand, they are all .. EV!!! ICEs are all gonna disappear in the next 3 years, everyone will switch to EV..
on the other hand, Fuck all other EV, they can't compete with Tesla, they will not be successful.

So what they are really saying is, in the next 3 years, everyone will be driving Tesla.... which is pretty funny considering it is literally impossible on every level...
Old 08-27-2021, 07:27 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Tesla has always had the demand in the EV world... is Comfy being Comfy again imagining things?

But when you look at the big picture...

CR-V sold 240k units in the US alone
Model Y sold 74k units (not sure if this is US figure or global figure, it's so low that it does not really matter)

So yes it has demand... in the EV segment. No, it does not have a lot of demand in the automotive world.
So what am I imagining….. ??? I didn’t understand your rebuke! Did you read that article at all….? It said Model Y will be around 250k units by this year end itself (That is end of 2021).
Did you get that or I have to repeat it again….?
Yes that will be worldwide sales.
Your false bubble about to burst soon. Y will
dominate the global sales (including ICE) by end of 23 (or sooner if both Giga Austin and Giga Berlin are able to come online.
In fact you are the one living in fantasy world of ICE. “ Nothing is gonna happen to us. We may be wrong but we are strong”…. Kind of thing. LOL.

You’ll be clearly retracting your statements along with your mate SSFTSX within two years. I feel sorry for you my friend.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:27 AM
Team Owner

Why do you feel sorry for me? last time i checked you still drive a RDX So if i live in a fantasy world, i see you right next to me with your RDX correction: Wayyyy behind me in your RDX.

You are imagining things because NO ONE HERE Said Tesla does not have demand at least in the EV world... you somehow made that up in your mind and trying to put it on us

So first half 75k units and 2nd half with all the shit in the auto industry, you expect them to reach 250k? Dafuq?

Y will dominate global sales in 2 years? According to? Again you are just simply ignoring every issues out there like they dont even exist

Let's say Somehow Model Y does 250k in 2021...
Let's put that # into perspective:

Globally: RV4 and CR-V... Each model sold more units (or close) in ONE Quarter than what Model Y would have sold in a FULL YEAR(2021), at your imaginary 250k units.... and you are telling me that by 2023.... in 1.5 years, that will somehow change? GTFO

Sport Utility Segment in Q1 2021: the Toyota RAV4 maintains its supremacy with 3.3% market share, followed by the Honda CR-V with 2.6% share. The Haval H6 jumped 21 positions, followed by the Changan CS75.

The best-selling SUV in Q1 2021 remains the Toyota RAV4, leading with 265.229 sales (3.3% market share) and with a very safe margin above the second-best.

This has been the first Sport Utility Vehicles sold worldwide, launched in Japan and Europe in 1994.

The second best-selling SUV is the Honda CR-V with 208.094 units (2.6% share), followed by the Volkswagen Tiguan with 140.123 units (1.7% share). The Tiguan has been produced since 2007 but is a global car just since the introduction of the second generation in 2016.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 08-30-2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:47 AM
Ex-OEM King

I think comfy needs a CAT scan if he thinks that the Model Y will outsell a RAV4 or CRV in the next 1.5 years lol. Even if there were enough people to buy a higher price point car (there aren't), Tesla literally cannot make enough of them in the next 1.5 years to satisfy that kind of demand.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:51 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

It’ll need a lot of big scanners to scan all the doubters here. LOL. You guys are in for a (un)pleasant surprise for sure.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:59 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Why do you feel sorry for me? last time i checked you still drive a RDX So if i live in a fantasy world, i see you right next to me with your RDX correction: Wayyyy behind me in your RDX.

You are imagining things because NO ONE HERE Said Tesla does not have demand at least in the EV world... you somehow made that up in your mind and trying to put it on us

So first half 75k units and 2nd half with all the shit in the auto industry, you expect them to reach 250k? Dafuq?

Y will dominate global sales in 2 years? According to? Again you are just simply ignoring every issues out there like they dont even exist

Let's say Somehow Model Y does 250k in 2021...
Let's put that # into perspective:

Globally: RV4 and CR-V... Each model sold more units (or close) in ONE Quarter than what Model Y would have sold in a FULL YEAR(2021), at your imaginary 250k units.... and you are telling me that by 2023.... in 1.5 years, that will somehow change? GTFO
Your skewed vision of the EV world is what is limiting your imagination.
Did you even read what the article says? Again the cumulative sales up to June are 250k. What it says is from June 2021 till the end of year it’ll sell 250k more units. That’s 250K sales in 6 months.
If you’re still not understanding, I’m not sure what will convince you. Y will likely sell more than 2 million units by end of 2023 when both new factories are running up to capacity. I know it’s hard for you to fathom it. But you can always try.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:50 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Comfy
Your skewed vision of the EV world is what is limiting your imagination.
Did you even read what the article says? Again the cumulative sales up to June are 250k. What it says is from June 2021 till the end of year it’ll sell 250k more units. That’s 250K sales in 6 months.
If you’re still not understanding, I’m not sure what will convince you. Y will likely sell more than 2 million units by end of 2023 when both new factories are running up to capacity. I know it’s hard for you to fathom it. But you can always try.
is 250k cumulative sales a lot? i mean it is a pretty laughable # if you want to remove all ICE with Tesla... given that RAV4 can do that in 1 quarter

Also what makes that article the bible of automotive world? For all i know that guy is bullshitting just like you.

Now, sales # on the other hand, is FACT.

Old 08-31-2021, 12:55 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Comfy
It’ll need a lot of big scanners to scan all the doubters here. LOL. You guys are in for a (un)pleasant surprise for sure.
doubter? NONE of the BS you claimed in the past 2 years have came true..

So you have about 3 months to show us where i can go out and grab a robotaxi...
Old 10-05-2021, 08:00 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

It was Norway before. Now it’s the turn of the Brits. Model 3 outsold every other car (including ICE hatchbacks) in September

Old 11-01-2021, 11:03 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,521 Likes on 6,379 Posts

LFP batteries can be charged to 100%, ideal for rental cars
Comfy (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 07:37 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

How did they manage to increase range with LFPs. I thought they have lower energy density than Nickel…..??? You mean Tesla was sandbagging it’s range….????
That means there’s a possibility that the extended range using Nickel can improve its range further…??? Any ideas?
Old 11-02-2021, 02:07 PM

Wish there was still the 35k Tesla
Old 11-02-2021, 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Hertz is renting to Uber. in peak times in SF area Uber can easily make $100 in 30 minute ride. 200 mile practical range per day is waste of time for Uber. as two time charging is 1 hour.
It is very slow production rate. seem traditional manufacturing vehicles are no longer entertaining rental market with cheap vehicles.
https://www.uber.com/newsroom/hertztesla/
Today, it goes electric: Hertz will make up to 50,000 fully electric Teslas available for drivers to rent by 2023, exclusively for drivers using the Uber network in the US. This is the largest expansion of electric vehicles (EVs) on a mobility platform in North America and one of the largest globally, marking another step towards Uber’s zero-emissions goal.

Quick Reply: Tesla: Model 3 News