Tesla: Development and Technology News

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 06:58 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
And another one. 35 year old idiot who used FSD and plowed into a semi truck.

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1390454616785973250

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1390454617692000258
Old 05-06-2021, 08:55 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,943 Likes on 3,920 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Shocker.

Spending $10k on a beta test that doesn't work and kills people is a scam anyway.

I think we'll have to share your signature line in about a month...
Old 05-08-2021, 12:12 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,253 Likes on 6,213 Posts

It's great that they're upgrading old supercharger stations because they already have some great locations they just got older slower tech so upgrading the superchargers at some locations may be a bigger improvement for an area than a new location.

But they are finally building a supercharger at a Wawa near me, about 5 miles away but super close to my office (but who works from the office anymore). For Tampa it's a fantastic location, right off of the Interstate, on the busiest road in town, still very close to the 2nd busiest road in town and not far from the Bucs stadium. That's going to be a busy location when it opens later this year.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:33 AM
Sanest Florida Man

They bought this company and it's 3 patents related to battery cheaper, less wasteful, and more environmental cathode production for $3

Old 05-08-2021, 09:50 PM
Sanest Florida Man

The following users liked this post:
Comfy (05-09-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Azine Jabroni

Went to an owners club get together today. Pretty cool location.

The following 2 users liked this post by kurtatx:
civicdrivr (05-08-2021), Comfy (05-09-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 11:18 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Went to an owners club get together today. Pretty cool location.

OMG, that's way advanced than some videos I'd seen recently. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:12 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by Comfy
You'd get to see it too if you owned one.
oonowindoo (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 10:34 AM
Azine Jabroni

Yeah, it's crazy. It looks like this building up front (battery manufacturing) is about 4-5 stories high. There was a cement truck inside and it looked tiny. HUGE

If I had to guess, this is where Tesla is going to move most of its Freemont production to put the screws to California. I think that's kind of been clear.

Last edited by kurtatx; 05-10-2021 at 10:37 AM.
Comfy (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
You'd get to see it too if you owned one.

At least SSFTSX owns a TSX...
Old 05-10-2021, 02:52 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA
Tesla owners are saying it isn’t possible for autopilot to have been engaged because there are no line markers on that road, it won’t run on a road without line markers

https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/st...710056460?s=21

https://twitter.com/alex_avoigt/stat...470708229?s=21

https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/st...369551881?s=21
Don't worry. Those two died so the algorithm could work better.
Who needs PR when you have deluded assholes like Stunna to clean up your messes?

Tesla has the best PR money can't buy.
Honestly, we're all just done with your bullshit.
Further proof that there is nothing "skeptical" about Kurt's take. They're absolute shit takes. He's a skeptic in the same way that Climate Change deniers compare themselves with Galileo and think that they're being "skeptical" by denying facts.

As I posted the day this article came out actual knowledgeable Tesla owners knew there was no fucking way AutoPilot was involved in this crash. The NTSB has now confirmed that they were correct, and that Kurt was wrong, again. But I'm the deluded asshole, and everyone is done with my "bullshit" which is just me posting facts.

Autopilot could not have been functioning in Tesla Texas crash, NTSB says

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) said testing showed Autopilot could not have been functioning in an April 17 Tesla Model S fatal crash near Houston, Texas because a key feature could not have been in use, according to a preliminary report released Monday.

Local police have said they believed the crash occurred with no one in the driver's seat, raising questions about Tesla's driver assistance systems.

The NTSB said the vehicle was equipped with "Autopilot" – Tesla’s advanced driver assistance system - and the system requires both Traffic Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer systems to be engaged.

Tesla and police in Texas did not respond to a request for comment.

NTSB said its tests of an exemplar car at the crash location showed that Traffic Aware Cruise Control could be engaged but that Autosteer was not available on that part of the road.

Tesla says Traffic-Aware Cruise Control matches a car's speed of to that of surrounding traffic, while Autosteer assists in steering within a clearly marked lane.

The NTSB also said footage from the owner’s home security cameras showed the owner entering the driver’s seat and the passenger entering the front passenger seat.

The crash in Spring, Texas, killed the 59-year-old owner, William Varner, an anesthesiologist, and a 69-year-old passenger.

The Tesla traveled 550 feet before departing the road on a curve, driving over the curb, and hitting a drainage culvert, a raised manhole, and a tree, the NTSB said.

It said the crash damaged the front of the car’s high-voltage lithium-ion battery case, where a fire started. The fire destroyed the car, including the onboard storage device.

The NTSB said the car’s restraint control module, which can record data associated with vehicle speed, belt status, acceleration, and airbag deployment, was recovered but sustained fire damage.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is also investigating the crash. NHTSA, the federal agency responsible for vehicle safety, said this week it has opened 28 investigations into crashes of Tesla vehicles, 24 of which remain active, and at least four, including the fatal Texas accident, have occurred since March.
Also the way the media covers these stories is fucking disgusting. They immediately insinuated APs involvement and that disinformation spread worldwide, they never bothered to ask anyone knowledgeable about how AutoPilot works because they would've told them it wasn't possible.

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 05-10-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:42 PM
Team Owner

NTSB said its tests of an exemplar car at the crash location showed that Traffic Aware Cruise Control could be engaged but that Autosteer was not available on that part of the road.
Yah autosteer was not available on that part of the road.... maybe that is why it went off road?
Yes it showed the there was driver when they left. That is not going to stop them from switching positions to SHOW OFF the autopilot after they left their house?

The easiest way to verify this is to look at if the auto pilot log to see if it was engaged at all. If it was never engaged since they left. Well then someone had to go in the driver seat or the car wont move right?
If it was engaged, When and where was it disengaged? If it was right before the curve.. well then it is actually kinda self-explanatory.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Sanest Florida Man

You should get a job at the NTSB, you clearly know more than them with all your "if" logic that they clearly never thought to check before releasing their statement saying that.

Originally Posted by NTSB
Autosteer was not available on the part of the road (Hammock Dunes Place) where the crash happened.
https://www.ntsb.gov/news/press-rele...R20210510.aspx

As I've stated since day one Autopilot will not function on that road because it doesn't have lane markers. The crash happened 550ft away from his house, the lane markers are not available further down the road and disappear at the corner as you're implying, that aren't there at all.

The NTSB just came out and clearly stated that AP wasn't involved in this crash and y'all are STILL trying to find a way to blame the crash on AutoPilot

But I'm the deluded asshole...

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 05-10-2021 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:55 PM
Ex-OEM King

You should get a job at the NTSB, you clearly know more than them with all your "if" logic that they clearly never thought to check before releasing their statement saying that.

As I've stated since day one Autopilot will not function on that road because it doesn't have lane markers, the lane markers are not available further down the road and disappear at the corner as you're implying, that aren't there at all.

The NTSB just came out and clearly stated that AP wasn't involved in this crash and y'all are STILL trying to find a way to blame the crash on AutoPilot
I don't blame autopilot. I blame the shitty and dangerous marketing that leads people to believe that the car will drive itself when it most certainly cannot.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Team Owner

As I've stated since day one Autopilot will not function on that road because it doesn't have lane markers, the lane markers are not available further down the road and disappear at the corner as you're implying, that aren't there at all.

I knew you were gonna say that.

So since the "blackbox" was damage by fire, so no real data was used.

How do you know if the auto pilot was not engaged and disengaged right before the curve? Yes i believe NTSB that auto pilot was not engaged during that part of the road... but was it engaged right before?
You dont know? Yah i thought so. Apparently, NTSB does not know either that is why the investigation is still ongoing.

If you are gonna quote NTSB as some kind of concrete science, then it should address all the concerns. No?
what you are saying is... " Listen to NTSB and dont ask questions" Pretty Trump if you ask me...especially when

The NTSB’s investigation of the crash is ongoing, and investigators continue to gather information including data to analyze the crash dynamics, postmortem toxicology test results, seat belt use, occupant egress and the post-crash fire.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 05-10-2021 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:06 PM
Team Owner

I don't blame autopilot. I blame the shitty and dangerous marketing that leads people to believe that the car will drive itself when it most certainly cannot.
To Trump, i mean to Tesla fanboy base, as long as the autopilot was not used DURING the curve. if used before or after or misleading information, deceiving marketing techniques dont matter.

I actually blame those dumb asses who actually believed those BS.

Dont get me wrong, when i was driving the Tesla, i was pretty impressed as the additional safety features that all the surrounding sensors provided. Pretty impressive in that regard.
But to say that is all we need to drive? AKA Auto polot, Full Self Driving BS? Pretty laughable as of 2021.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 05-10-2021 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:10 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
I knew you were gonna say that.

So since the "blackbox" was damage by fire, so no real data was used.

How do you know if the auto pilot was not engaged and disengaged right before the curve? Yes i believe NTSB that auto pilot was not engaged during that part of the road... but was it engaged right before?
You dont know? Yah i thought so. Apparently, NTSB does not know either that is why the investigation is still ongoing.

If you are gonna quote NTSB as some kind of concrete science, then it should address all the concerns. No?
what you are saying is... " Listen to NTSB and dont ask questions" Pretty Trump if you ask me...especially when
I'm saying don't make claims without evidence. There's no evidence that Autopilot was enabled, and all testing and logic has shown that it can't be enabled on that road because it doesn't have lanes

Someone in the back seat is not evidence for Autopilot, anyone can put their car into cruise control and climb into the backseat and my car doesn't have autopilot.

Very Trump like of you to keep saying that something happened, like Trump saying there was voter fraud after Bill Barr comes out and says there wasn't, when all evidence proves otherwise.

You think when they said "part of the road" that they only mean the small section of road maybe 10-15ft wide where the car went off the road, and not the short 165m "part of the road" that between his house and the crash site? He lived at the end of a cul de sac and they only travelled down the road 2 or 3 houses before crashing, there wasn't much time to even enable autopilot, not that you could anyways since there was no lane markers on the short distance of road. Do you really think that the NTSB going to come out later and say that AP was enabled further down the road and then disabled itself right at the corner? You really think they didn't test that before they released this report that said "Autosteer was not available on the part of the road (Hammock Dunes Place) where the crash happened."?

Yeah the NTSB is too dumb to test that small distance between his house and the crash site before releasing their report...

That's where you've moved the goalposts to now, it's pretty illogical and all evidence doesn't support it. Very Trump-like

Also they did recovery some data and are analyzing it

Originally Posted by NTSB
The car’s restraint control module, which can record data associated with vehicle speed, belt status, acceleration, and airbag deployment, was recovered but sustained fire damage. The restraint control module was taken to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) recorder laboratory for evaluation.
Comfy (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 06:13 PM
Sanest Florida Man

IF he enabled autopilot and climbed into the back seat that would be "criminal negligence", good luck suing Tesla for that.

Criminal negligence refers to conduct in which a person ignores a known or obvious risk, or disregards the life and safety of others. Federal and state courts describe this behavior as a form of recklessness, where the person acts significantly different than an ordinary person under similar circumstances.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:25 PM
Team Owner

maybe if you could take your own advice. Other than Autopilot was not used AT the curve. i dont see anything else useful from that NTSB report.

Everything else you said below is all without any Evidence.

You somehow got the idea thatt because i think the autopilot was not used AT the curve, then i must think it was used prior. But i guess that is what they meant by being defensive.
Like if i didnt support Trump, then i must supported Hillary.

No, but it could have been used or not. They need to release the whole data. I am only challenging the fact that you simply ruled out the entire Autopilot just based on it was not used AT the curve, which i actually said i believe what NTSB said.

If being illogical is part of prerequisite of being Trump supporter then you and Comfy would be in the top 10 just based on what has been posted in this thread about Tesla > ALL
Remember, not all, but some Tesla owners actually took naps while driving. So i dont think logic works for some Tesla owners.

I'm saying don't make claims without evidence. There's no evidence that Autopilot was enabled, and all testing and logic has shown that it can't be enabled on that road because it doesn't have lanes

Someone in the back seat is not evidence for Autopilot, anyone can put their car into cruise control and climb into the backseat and my car doesn't have autopilot.

Very Trump like of you to keep saying that something happened, like Trump saying there was voter fraud after Bill Barr comes out and says there wasn't, when all evidence proves otherwise.

You think when they said "part of the road" that they only mean the small section of road maybe 10-15ft wide where the car went off the road, and not the short 165m "part of the road" that between his house and the crash site? He lived at the end of a cul de sac and they only travelled down the road 2 or 3 houses before crashing, there wasn't much time to even enable autopilot, not that you could anyways since there was no lane markers on the short distance of road. Do you really think that the NTSB going to come out later and say that AP was enabled further down the road and then disabled itself right at the corner? You really think they didn't test that before they released this report that said "Autosteer was not available on the part of the road (Hammock Dunes Place) where the crash happened."?

Yeah the NTSB is too dumb to test that small distance between his house and the crash site before releasing their report...

That's where you've moved the goalposts to now, it's pretty illogical and all evidence doesn't support it. Very Trump-like

Also they did recovery some data and are analyzing it

Last edited by oonowindoo; 05-10-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:27 PM
Team Owner

IF he enabled autopilot and climbed into the back seat that would be "criminal negligence", good luck suing Tesla for that.
and no one here is saying otherwise. See my post above about the people who actually believed Tesla's deceiving BS.

Old 05-10-2021, 08:50 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

OMG, I didn't realize that it was such a small distance (two houses) for this whole episode to play out. So what is this dude implying that Autopilot was engaged for a microsecond and then disengaged at curve for a car traveling at over 100mph and the driver somehow teleported into the back seat in an instant before collision... great.....

Most logical explanation, dude got drunk, smashed the accelerator pedal, drove the car into the tree, steering wheel got bent in the collision with his body, his door was jammed/ couldn't open, he climbed into rear seat, car got on fire and both died. Period. Of course that is not true right....
Old 05-10-2021, 09:27 PM
Team Owner

OMG, I didn't realize that it was such a small distance (two houses) for this whole episode to play out. So what is this dude implying that Autopilot was engaged for a microsecond and then disengaged at curve for a car traveling at over 100mph and the driver somehow teleported into the back seat in an instant before collision... great.....

Most logical explanation, dude got drunk, smashed the accelerator pedal, drove the car into the tree, steering wheel got bent in the collision with his body, his door was jammed/ couldn't open, he climbed into rear seat, car got on fire and both died. Period. Of course that is not true right....
You think you are helping Stunna...?

Stunna said i thought NTSB was stupid... i dont know... i think you really think they are stupid

Old 05-10-2021, 10:51 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Yeah mace windoo thinks the NTSB drove their ass down to this crash scene put a Tesla at the exact spot that the Model S drove off the road tried to enable autopilot and it failed then decided case closed and tested nowhere else, they didn't even bother to test from the guys house literally 10 seconds away. That's his theory. He thinks that if they were smart enough and they had tested again from the guys house literally 10 seconds away then autopilot would've enabled (even though there were no lane markers and AP doesn't work without lane markers, like every Tesla owner knows).

This is the same logic that Global Warming "skeptics" use when they say that Global Warming isn't caused by human CO2 emissions it's actually caused by the Sun. Holy fuck dude you're a genius wow we never thought to check and see if the warming was caused by the Sun, holy shit it's so obvious now that you say it, thanks random Internet commenter we totally missed that.

The untrained armchair skeptics are so smart and the career experts with years of training and experience are so dumb, that they didn't bother to test autopilot from the guys house few hundred feet away, if they had it'd be a totally different story.

Mace windoo is literally that guy that with no experience that comes to your office and tells you how to do your job
Old 05-10-2021, 11:54 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Strong oonowindoo energy

Comfy (05-11-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 08:31 AM
Ex-OEM King

I guess the biggest thing to come out of this story is concrete evidence that Teslas are, in fact, not at all self driving. If they don't have specific road lines and such to follow, they'll put you into a tree and kill you.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:00 PM
Team Owner

Yeah mace windoo thinks the NTSB drove their ass down to this crash scene put a Tesla at the exact spot that the Model S drove off the road tried to enable autopilot and it failed then decided case closed and tested nowhere else, they didn't even bother to test from the guys house literally 10 seconds away. That's his theory. He thinks that if they were smart enough and they had tested again from the guys house literally 10 seconds away then autopilot would've enabled (even though there were no lane markers and AP doesn't work without lane markers, like every Tesla owner knows).

This is the same logic that Global Warming "skeptics" use when they say that Global Warming isn't caused by human CO2 emissions it's actually caused by the Sun. Holy fuck dude you're a genius wow we never thought to check and see if the warming was caused by the Sun, holy shit it's so obvious now that you say it, thanks random Internet commenter we totally missed that.

The untrained armchair skeptics are so smart and the career experts with years of training and experience are so dumb, that they didn't bother to test autopilot from the guys house few hundred feet away, if they had it'd be a totally different story.

Mace windoo is literally that guy that with no experience that comes to your office and tells you how to do your job
Damn you mad bro? Start changing my name? How mature.
Last time i checked you and Comfy dont even own Tesla and that makes you very experienced in Tesla? from Googling?

Anyways. You have no idea what i do for living. Sam does.
Root cause analysis and Investigation on adverse event is what i do for living. While it is in a different industry but you pretty much ask the similar questions.

I for one never said Auto Pilot was engaged. I simply asked was it possible that it was engaged before the curve? Your ass get all defensive because you dont have the answer.

Anyways...

Last edited by oonowindoo; 05-11-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:05 PM
Team Owner

I guess the biggest thing to come out of this story is concrete evidence that Teslas are, in fact, not at all self driving. If they don't have specific road lines and such to follow, they'll put you into a tree and kill you.
Just drive the car yourself.

With all the endless construction on the freeway, anyone using "self driving" is asking for it. unless they live in the middle of nowhere. then i am sure it is useful.

Half of my commute on 10 dont have clear lane markers because they are constantly paving and repaving (adding HOV lane) and there is even uneven pavement in the middle lane for about 10 miles
Old 05-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Ex-OEM King

Damn you mad bro? Start changing my name? How mature.
Last time i checked you and Comfy dont even own Tesla and that makes you very experienced in Tesla? from Googling?

Anyways. You have no idea what i do for living. Sam does.
Root cause analysis and Investigation on adverse event is what i do for living. While it is in a different industry but you pretty much ask the similar questions.

I for one never said Auto Pilot was engaged. I simply asked was it possible that it was engaged before the curve? Your ass get all defensive because you dont have the answer.

Anyways...
Name calling? You should put him on ignore. That's why I'm on his (and comfy's) ignore list.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:46 PM
Team Owner

Name calling? You should put him on ignore. That's why I'm on his (and comfy's) ignore list.
Are you telling me that a Tesla owner/buyer is being ignored by Non-Owning Tesla fanboys in a Tesla thread because of Tesla?
Old 05-12-2021, 07:02 AM
Azine Jabroni

Old 05-12-2021, 08:13 AM
Ex-OEM King

Are you telling me that a Tesla owner/buyer is being ignored by Non-Owning Tesla fanboys in a Tesla thread because of Tesla?
Pretty much. These guys, who don't even have one lol, seem to think that anyone who talks down on Lord Elon is not worth listening to.

I'm surprised they haven't blocked Kurt yet either.

But Elon said you can do it!!!
Old 05-12-2021, 09:02 AM
Azine Jabroni

Pretty much. These guys, who don't even have one lol, seem to think that anyone who talks down on Lord Elon is not worth listening to.

I'm surprised they haven't blocked Kurt yet either.

But Elon said you can do it!!!
I try to be fair. Like, for example, I don't think Elon or anyone said it was okay to sit in the back seat. That being said, Tesla can make this much easier by disabling Autopilot and FSD on this guy's car.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:06 AM
Ex-OEM King

I try to be fair. Like, for example, I don't think Elon or anyone said it was okay to sit in the back seat. That being said, Tesla can make this much easier by disabling Autopilot and FSD on this guy's car.
Of course not but with a name like "full self driving" that has specific implications and legal meaning. I'm honestly surprised they continue to get away with it. If they disable it on his car that sets a pretty terrible precedent...

I try and be fair too but I definitely call out the BS and lies.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Team Owner

Absolutely. I dont even think Elon has to balls to tell everyone it is OK to sit in the back seat.. at least not yet as of 2021. That is lawsuit waiting to happen.

But at the same time, they are brainwashing their fan base on the FSD when it is really not FULL of anything yet. Idiots like that one in the article would believe it. Just like some Trumpettes actually drank some disinfectant. You would think it is common sense not the do that.
Except in drinking the bleach case, they could only hurt themselves. Tesla idiots could hurt others on the road.

I had driven about 100 miles on the highway to Vegas with Autopilot, it is a great supplemental tool. It gives you some extra cushion in talking to other people in the car or look at something on the side of the road for a few more secs than when you dont have Autopilot.
In that sense, i think it is Great! It makes the boring long drive more enjoyable and less tiring when you get to the destination.

But some Tesla owners got it twisted, they think human is no longer needed in driving

Extremism of anything is no good.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 05-12-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:35 PM
A-TSX Oldie

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Surprised no one has called it Fool Self Driving yet.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:30 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by BurnabyTSX
Surprised no one has called it Fool Self Driving yet.

BurnabyTSX (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 09:16 PM
Race Director

Received 627 Likes on 505 Posts

The way the auto industry officially defines the varying levels of driver assistance technology, from absolutely nothing to full self-driving cars, is getting an update. These six levels that the organizing bodies for these terms, SAE International and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), first started defining in 2014 are being changed to include remote technologies and other clarifications.

The six levels, which range from Level 0 to Level 5, are technically known as J3016 and can be slightly confusing because they are sometimes talked about as if they are simply different levels of actual autonomous vehicles. The extremes are easy to understand, with Level 0 meaning there is nothing in the car that will ever take control of any of the car's movement functions and Level 5 meaning full autonomy. It's the middle steps that are a bit more blurred. To help keep the levels defined, the SAE and ISO are making it clearer that the first three levels (L0, L1, and L2) should be referred to as "Driver Support Systems," while L3, L4 and L5 are used for actual "Automated Driving Systems."

The new update doesn't dramatically change the structure of the previous collection. In fact, the chart that the SAE uses as a bit of a cheat sheet for the different levels has remained exactly the same since it was last updated in 2019, but there are new clarifications for the industry to use.

The biggest changes are in what defines the Level 3 and Level 4 systems. The definitions have been clarified to note that there might be some automated fallback at L3, while at L4 there is the possibility of some alerts to in-vehicle users.

There are also changes when it comes to human-in-the-loop systems, with the new terminologies finding room for the remote technologies and naming the people who might be involved in controlling a vehicle from afar: remote assistant and remote driver. A remote driver, for example, could be someone who monitors the pathway of a vehicle trying to park remotely, and makes sure the car is "responsive to pedestrians and obstacles." A remote assistant, on the other hand, could be someone who "provides remote assistance to an [automated driving system]-equipped vehicle in driverless operation."

The chairperson of the SAE J3016 Technical Standards Committee, Barbara Wendling, said this week's updates are to be expected considering how fast autonomous vehicle technology is advancing. "As the development of automated driving technologies continues on a global scale, SAE J3016: Levels of Driving Automation has evolved to align with the developing technologies and deployment strategies," she said in a statement. In other words, we won't be surprised when the SAE updates these definitions once again in the future.
SAE Updates, Refines Chart of 'Autonomous Driving' Levels (autoweek.com)
Legend2TL (05-13-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 09:17 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

You got that right dude. Blocking someone is not related to what the other person owns, but based on what he/she makes you feel by personal / verbal attacks. It doesn't matter what thread we are talking about. And last I heard this website is "Acura"zine.

Having said that I'm not the one to hold grudges against anyone forever. And I realize that it's not that much fun (for me) anymore if someone is even partially shut out of a discussion. So I'm unblocking Sam, hoping that he will be less callous towards me. I'm glad that Sam saw the value in owning a Tesla even if it's temporary.
As I've said multiple times, my decision not to buy any car is simply based on my belief to hold that current car as long as I can and I enjoy it anyway. I am very clear that if I'm forced to buy a car due to any reason (uneconomic repairs/ stolen/ totaled, etc) , then I will be buying a Tesla only.

But we've come to this thread to sling mud at each other anyways and we should continue that as long we do it playfully.

Last edited by Comfy; 05-12-2021 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:19 AM
Ex-OEM King

You got that right dude. Blocking someone is not related to what the other person owns, but based on what he/she makes you feel by personal / verbal attacks. It doesn't matter what thread we are talking about. And last I heard this website is "Acura"zine.

Having said that I'm not the one to hold grudges against anyone forever. And I realize that it's not that much fun (for me) anymore if someone is even partially shut out of a discussion. So I'm unblocking Sam, hoping that he will be less callous towards me. I'm glad that Sam saw the value in owning a Tesla even if it's temporary.
As I've said multiple times, my decision not to buy any car is simply based on my belief to hold that current car as long as I can and I enjoy it anyway. I am very clear that if I'm forced to buy a car due to any reason (uneconomic repairs/ stolen/ totaled, etc) , then I will be buying a Tesla only.

But we've come to this thread to sling mud at each other anyways and we should continue that as long we do it playfully.
I was never slinging mud at you personally. Just stop spreading lies and misinformation and we'll be just fine.

I saw enough value in owning a Tesla to put my own money into one. I certainly hope it's not temporary but if it is, it's because the car was crap. Just like Kurt, I'll say it and call it like it is. The Model 3 is a good car, great even, but it has a good many shortcomings compared to other manufacturers products. Whether those shortcomings are worth overlooking or not is up to the individual person and their decision making process. Saying Tesla is better than everything on the road today is flat out wrong. Lets just say if the new M3 wasn't so fugly, I wouldn't have bought the Model 3.
Comfy (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 10:57 AM
Azine Jabroni

I think we should just all get along
Comfy (05-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Tesla: Development and Technology News