Tesla: Development and Technology News

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 12:40 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,832 Likes on 3,853 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Honestly, we're all just done with your bullshit.
Watch yourself, you'll end up on his block list.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:45 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,119 Likes on 6,108 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
OMG. That’s was really scary. Hope he lost his license on that stunt. good thing that the electric power line didn’t fall.
It's Chevy's fault, that guy couldn't help it he thought he could just cruise on the hood of his truck and that his truck was in control, I mean that's what the term cruise control implies. Chevy should be sued for billions for using that misleading term and letting this happen!

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 04-19-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:24 PM
Sanest Florida Man

wow everything I said yesterday was factually correct but I’m still a deluded asshole and everyone is tired of my factually correct bullshit
Old 04-19-2021, 08:16 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,144 Likes on 4,811 Posts
Maybe it's not the message, but the way it's delivered?

Nah, can't be that. Must be everyone else...

PS - I don't recall GMs CEO claiming their 90s era pickups could drive themself.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:36 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Do you realize that talking about Tesla to you guys is like talking to Trump supporters you guys will not let facts and logic get in the way of pushing your narrative. Do you know how annoying that is

When I post facts I’m called a deluded asshole who is defending lord Elon, and my facts are bullshit

when it comes to Tesla y’all are allergic to facts like Trump supporters and have a visceral reaction when I post them
Old 04-20-2021, 12:10 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Don't worry. Those two died so the algorithm could work better.
Who needs PR when you have deluded assholes like Stunna to clean up your messes?

Tesla has the best PR money can't buy.
And Kurt is the Candace Owens of Tesla owners.

She spreads white supremacist talking points but it's not racist when she says it because she's black, she can't be racist, right? Kurt owns 2 Teslas with autopilot and then uses that fact to spread FUD and misinformation about Tesla, and when I post facts about Autopilot, that if I were wrong he could easily debunk himself with either of his two cars, he just calls me a deluded asshole. But he must be right because he owns a Tesla it's not FUD when he says it, just like white supremacist talking points aren't racist when coming from Candace Owens.

If Kurt where smart he'd try to get on CNBC they'd kill to have a Tesla owner that's willing to spread Tesla misinfo so it appears legitimate, or maybe Gordon Johnson will hire him.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:38 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
@stunna might I suggest posting less on a Honda/Acura majority forum about Teslas and tone down the political bent of your posts, it might come across a bit better.
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 08:12 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
For the record: I own two more Teslas than stunna
The following 5 users liked this post by kurtatx:
BurnabyTSX (04-20-2021), civicdrivr (04-20-2021), Costco (04-21-2021), Sarlacc (04-21-2021), ttribe (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 08:15 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA
Do you realize that talking about Tesla to you guys is like talking to Trump supporters you guys will not let facts and logic get in the way of pushing your narrative. Do you know how annoying that is

When I post facts I’m called a deluded asshole who is defending lord Elon, and my facts are bullshit

when it comes to Tesla y’all are allergic to facts like Trump supporters and have a visceral reaction when I post them
Can we all just take a moment to relish in the irony of this statement?
Old 04-20-2021, 08:31 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,144 Likes on 4,811 Posts

This is rich

The difference between you and a few other posters in this thread (myself included) is that you do not see the faults that exist within Tesla/their products. Shit - @SamDoe1 , the guy that you've gotten into pissing matches with time and time again has posted his impressions of the M3P and MYLR and is seriously considering purchasing one. I've done the same on this forum as well, and the M3P is still very high on the list for my next car.

We get it, you're a fan, which is cool - I'm a fan of Tesla too, but I want their products to be even better than they currently are. I want them to improve. I want their business to flourish (duh, I'm a shareholder). I also want Elon to stfu sometimes about self driving and stop the false advertisement at best and outright lies at worst.
The following 3 users liked this post by civicdrivr:
Comfy (04-20-2021), Costco (04-21-2021), ttribe (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 09:35 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
This is rich

The difference between you and a few other posters in this thread (myself included) is that you do not see the faults that exist within Tesla/their products. Shit - @SamDoe1 , the guy that you've gotten into pissing matches with time and time again has posted his impressions of the M3P and MYLR and is seriously considering purchasing one. I've done the same on this forum as well, and the M3P is still very high on the list for my next car.

We get it, you're a fan, which is cool - I'm a fan of Tesla too, but I want their products to be even better than they currently are. I want them to improve. I want their business to flourish (duh, I'm a shareholder). I also want Elon to stfu sometimes about self driving and stop the false advertisement at best and outright lies at worst.
Good to know that you are considering a Tesla.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:51 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,031 Likes on 2,507 Posts
In Tesla, I see the good, the bad and the ugly. To me it's not worth the time and energy to debate it. Tesla's far from a perfect company in many ways, but also have revolutionized the approach to EV's which is amazing for a company who started with nothing in 2003.
The following 5 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
civicdrivr (04-20-2021), Comfy (04-21-2021), Costco (04-21-2021), Sarlacc (04-21-2021), ttribe (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 11:31 AM
Sanest Florida Man

I have no problem admitting problems with Tesla cars, I've done it many times on here but the media's obsession with immediately blaming every Tesla car wreck on autopilot is bullshit.

When looking at the facts of the crash it was obvious to everyone who knew the details about how AP works that it wasn't involved but the average reporter doesn't know the technical details and instead of checking with someone who knows or waiting until the log files are recovered they employ of Fox News tactic of making a statement by "just asking a question". If you were to poll the average American that had heard this story whether AP was involved in this crash the majority would say yes, and they would be wrong.

Look at the posts in this thread when article was posted, people immediately blamed AP and FSD (haha we got them now) when the facts are that they had nothing to do with this crash.

Supposedly the Tesla is constantly monitoring weight balance in the seats (they use it to improve the way airbags deploy in an accident) so they should be able to tell exactly when the driver left the seat from the log files, and that will either confirm or deny the police claim that the seat was empty at the time of the wreck.

IF cruise control was enabled and the drivers seat was empty then they would've needed to manually buckle the seat belt, place something heavy in the driver's seat, pushed the brake down, put it into drive, press the accelerator to a high speed, enable cruise control, and climb into the backseat, all within a couple hundred yards of driving, and the guys doing it were 59 and 69 years old. Like WTF, this makes no fucking sense.
OR they climbed in didn't buckle up because fuck safety sped down the street that has a 25mph speed limit, ran off the road a couple hundred yards from their house and into a tree because they were drunk af late on a Saturday night and bounced around the inside of the car and someone wound up in the back seat because they didn't have their seatbelt on, they were going so fast that they damaged the battery which caught on fire.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:34 PM
A-TSX Oldie

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I personally don't think AP or FSD is involved in this at all, but I'm surprised no one has addressed this elephant in the room:

Looking at the scene of the crash, it looks like the driver side door was blocked in by another tree; so it is likely to me that after the crash, the driver climbed into the back seat to escape.

Except that now, with the battery fire and power completely out in the car, the rear door cannot be opened. There's no manual door release in the Teslas out back unlike in front. Was he then trapped in the burning car and gave up - he was reportedly found sitting upright in the back seat after all, which likely precludes being tossed to the back like Stunna seems to imply.

Not sure why he wouldn't go out the front passenger door unless it was blocked as well.
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 02:03 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by BurnabyTSX
Except that now, with the battery fire and power completely out in the car, the rear door cannot be opened. There's no manual door release in the Teslas out back unlike in front. Was he then trapped in the burning car and gave up - he was reportedly found sitting upright in the back seat after all, which likely precludes being tossed to the back like Stunna seems to imply.

Not sure why he wouldn't go out the front passenger door unless it was blocked as well.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:09 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by BurnabyTSX
I personally don't think AP or FSD is involved in this at all, but I'm surprised no one has addressed this elephant in the room:

Looking at the scene of the crash, it looks like the driver side door was blocked in by another tree; so it is likely to me that after the crash, the driver climbed into the back seat to escape.

I think that’s the most likely explanation. The front passenger door was blocked by the passenger who might be already dead / disabled by the impact or just drunk. There simply was not sufficient space / time for the guy to think about opening the front door manually.
Something for Tesla to address (add an easy manual release for back doors as well). This actually is worse than I thought since the driver was likely fully conscious while he burned and suffocated to death.

Last edited by Comfy; 04-20-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:39 PM
A-TSX Oldie

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Thanks. TIL. But man, that's an awful location for an emergency latch for the back door.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:48 PM
Sanest Florida Man

True
Old 04-20-2021, 03:18 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Though they make them harder to find in the back so that the kids don't find the emergency manual latch and bypass the child door lock. Imagine a child falling out onto the highway at 75mph because the found the emergency manual door latch even though the rear doors were locked. Can you have it both ways on the rear doors?

If you made them easier to find but made them "child proof" they'd probably still prevent an adult from being able to open them after an accident in their fucked up state, especially a drunk person.

Tesla can't win, IDK if there's an easy solution to the rear emergency doors

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 04-20-2021 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:51 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Or if you made them easier to find and child proof, maybe they wouldn't be child proof enough and a kid would still figure them out and kill themselves. After more thought I think they're fine where they are, they can't be easy to find but when found they can't be hard to open. They're in a difficult spot for a kid to find when the kid is supposed to be buckled in to the back seat, it's driver's responsibility to make sure that the kid is buckled in in the back, any Tesla will notify the driver if it detects someone in the back seat that isn't buckled in.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:01 PM
Ex-OEM King

Though they make them harder to find in the back so that the kids don't find the emergency manual latch and bypass the child door lock. Imagine a child falling out onto the highway at 75mph because the found the emergency manual door latch even though the rear doors were locked. Can you have it both ways on the rear doors?

If you made them easier to find but made them "child proof" they'd probably still prevent an adult from being able to open them after an accident in their fucked up state, especially a drunk person.

Tesla can't win, IDK if there's an easy solution to the rear emergency doors
The rear doors do not have an emergency release, only the front. The window needs to go down for the door to open and a loss of power would disable that function. Also, there are lots of cars that have emergency releases on doors and people aren't regularly falling out of them. The doors can be locked to prevent opening.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:03 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
The rear doors do not have an emergency release, only the front. The window needs to go down for the door to open and a loss of power would disable that function. Also, there are lots of cars that have emergency releases on doors and people aren't regularly falling out of them. The doors can be locked to prevent opening.
They have emergency releases but they're pretty hard to find. They're inside the bin in the door.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:16 PM
Ex-OEM King

Ah ok. Looks like daddy doug was wrong in his review then.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:32 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
but the average reporter doesn't know the technical details and instead of checking with someone who knows or waiting until the log files are recovered they employ of Fox News tactic of making a statement by "just asking a question".
As if MSNBC and other media don't do the same thing? In today's click bait society and instant gratification, waiting for the facts gets in the way.

AUSTIN, Texas — One of the two victims killed in Texas at the weekend in the crash of a Tesla car believed to operate without a driver was William Varner, a doctor, his employer said on Tuesday.

The Tesla Model S smashed into a tree near Houston on Saturday night and burst into flames, killing one occupant found in the front passenger seat and the owner in the back seat, police have said.

Witnesses told the police that the accident happened shortly after the victims left a house, saying they would test automated driving capability.

Texas police told Reuters they would seek search warrants to secure vehicle data, after Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted that the company's data showed the vehicle was not operating on Autopilot. Investigators have said they are certain neither man was in the driver's seat, so even if Autopilot was not activated at the time of the crash, what's unknown is whether it had been on but then deactivated with no one behind the wheel.

"Dr. Varner was a tremendous human being who personally impacted many...," Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center said in a statement. "He will be dearly missed by so many.”

Varner, a 58-year-old anesthesiologist, graduated from the University of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston in 1988.

“We were saddened to hear of the death of one of our physicians over the weekend. Dr. Varner spent his life caring for others, and now we are focused on caring for his colleagues and family, helping them to cope with this sudden and unexpected loss," US Anesthesia Partners said in a statement to Reuters.

The other victim, who was born in 1951, was not identified as of Tuesday.
Tesla crash victims said they were leaving to test its automated driving | Autoblog
Old 04-21-2021, 09:37 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Ah ok. Looks like daddy doug was wrong in his review then.
I only know because TFL cars bought a Model Y and one of the doors wouldn't open. It was glitched for a long, long time.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:45 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,825 Likes on 2,572 Posts
If Stunna cant find it in a meme or graph it must not be true...
Old 04-21-2021, 01:09 PM
Ex-OEM King

Damn, now I don't know what stunna and comfy are going to argue with me about...
Old 04-21-2021, 01:28 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
I just don't like the fit and finish and the way they look.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:09 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by 1killercls
I just don't like the fit and finish and the way they look.
The way they look is certainly something that's in the eye of the beer holder but the fit and finish has substantially improved. It was a lot better than I expected in the ones I drove, and I drove 3 of them.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:10 PM

Received 5,297 Likes on 3,631 Posts
If they could put in a faux-grille, or something, to break up the monotony on the front, I think they'd look better. Like the early Model S.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:23 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
If they could put in a faux-grille, or something, to break up the monotony on the front, I think they'd look better. Like the early Model S.
I honestly hated that look, it looked like it had a creepy goatee lol.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:26 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by biker
As if MSNBC and other media don't do the same thing? In today's click bait society and instant gratification, waiting for the facts gets in the way.

Tesla crash victims said they were leaving to test its automated driving | Autoblog
Of course they did. There is no other way the car was moving if they were both in the back seat, no matter what Technoking says.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:16 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Do you notice how this news report puts the blame solely on the driver and focuses solely on the drivers stupid decisions when they bypassed the GM self driving tech and never blamed GM for this. I wonder if GM buys ads on their channel?
Old 04-22-2021, 08:03 PM
Ex-OEM King

Of course they did. There is no other way the car was moving if they were both in the back seat, no matter what Technoking says.
So...yeah, not actually that hard.

https://jalopnik.com/consumer-report...uto-1846739330
Old 04-22-2021, 08:56 PM
Sanest Florida Man

another example where the news media correctly blames the driver for their stupid actions, never once blaming the auto maker that didn’t do enough to prevent this from being possible
Old 04-22-2021, 09:05 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Another driverless Chevy
Old 04-22-2021, 09:24 PM
Ex-OEM King

See the catch is that none of these automakers have the audacity to call any of their features FULL SELF DRIVING which definitely has a legal meaning behind it. I look forward to the upcoming lawsuits over this.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:12 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Data logs recovered so far show Autopilot was not enabled & this car did not purchase FSD.
I thought my car had a $10,000 add-on that I didn’t pay for and that means I could sit in the back of my car while it moved and I would bear no responsibility for bypassing all of the car’s safety measures and getting myself killed.

You’re delusional if you think the family of someone who willfully bypassed safety measures and climbed into the backseat of a moving car is going to win a lawsuit
Old 04-22-2021, 10:42 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Old 04-23-2021, 12:01 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Quick Reply: Tesla: Development and Technology News