Honda: Civic News

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:14 AM
B A N N E D

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
I never said it was at the bottom. I was simply rebutting your post that no one matches the Si.

IMO, its closer to the bottom to than it the top. At least as far as the interior and styling (sedan) go.

Well then, why did you answer my question to someone else? I was not talking to you.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Sorry. What was I thinking posting in a forum.

Honda
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by dom
Sorry. What was I thinking posting in a forum.

Honda

I see you are just a smartass troll.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:18 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Yup, just got here.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I always mixed up this newbie Invisible and OG Invisiblewar. At first, I was like why is Invisiblewar so different today??? He never sounded that dumb before, and realized it wasn't him.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Made the same mistake. To be fair, I wouldn't call his posts dumb, just very pro Honda and very 80Honda esque. Who was banned from TOV for being TOO Pro Honda.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I drive a Subata.

Originally Posted by Invisible
So the Civic Si has 201HP. Not bad in my opinion. Corolla, Elantra, Focus, Cruze and most any normally aspirated competitor doesn't match this.

Explain how the Civic Si is at the BOTTOM in your opinion?
So the Civic is or is NOT at the BOTTOM?

Which is it?
The Civic Si is definitely at the bottom in the segment.

just to name a few.. Mazdaspeed3, GTi, WRX... These are just better overall performance hatches than the Civic Si.

And one unique thing that turned off the Si for me was that 90% of the Si on the road is completely riced out. I just didn't want to be a part of that crowd.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Instead of calling the 201hp Civic the Civic Si, call it the Civic 2.4 and I think there would be less complain.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by iforyou
Instead of calling the 201hp Civic the Civic Si, call it the Civic 2.4 and I think there would be less complain.
+1.

Offer a automatic and call it a day. I don't get the idea of only offering the Si with a manual. Its not as if the AT being available will make your MT Si less of a car. For some reason Si enthusiasts get up in arms at the mere thought of AT Si. Who cares if its available, as long as you bought the MT. I don't understand why Honda would leave potential sales on the table. Especially with this latest gen.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I drive a Subata.

I think the Si branding itself is pretty damn good. Just wish they would bump up the power a little more.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,294 Likes on 2,649 Posts
My parents recently purchase a 2012 Civic LX 5AT, my Mom previously had a 2002 Civic 4AT and my brother has a 2007 Civic 5MT. My parents wanted another Honda for piece of mind. Knowing how trouble-free and easy they are to use was a major factor when they purchased the 2012.

Overall I'm slightly disappointed in the 2012, in terms of exterior looks and some of the quality of apperance of the interior plastic and seat material. It does not look as nice as the 2007, but is about the same or slightly better than the 2002.

I had to install mudflaps recently and had a chance to look under a little. One small conciliation is the quality of the components you don't see are up to Honda high level of quality. Here are some pictures. On them take note of

1) The spring loaded exhaust bolts used for the rear mufflier
2) The rear shocks are nitrogen gas filled.
3) The exhaust is the same Honda stainless steel.
4) Take a look at the welds on the muffler, amazing what robotic welding can do!
5) The suspension components are also nice in that they used sealed bearings/bushings.
6) My favorite thing about the 2012 is the instrumentation. Honda did do great job on the display. Basically a upgrade to the 8G with a very nice crisp clear high resolution MID.
7) I've haven't driven them much but this is where I was let down the most, the 2007 is sportier in steering and handling (also has 16" vs. 15" wheels).
8) My only concern is the rear ABS signal wire (white in color) could be a inch longer. As a engineer I don't like to see some more cable slack to prevent cable strain.
9) The new undercoating is kinda funky sorta soft and spongy like "slime" or 'goo" toys your kids have. I presume it flexs to allow hits from debris and stay intact and not crack.

Oh well, let you kids go back to your sandbox wars

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-12-2011 at 12:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TSX-Tuner (08-14-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 12:19 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
"One of these things is not like the other"?
Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
It seems Honda spent all money in improving in diesel engine. considering Honda has very tiny market compared to VW/Ford in EU.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/258614/

Honda will fight back against criticism that its diesels are not frugal and clean enough by releasing a 110g/km version of its trusty 2.2-litre oil-burner.

The cleaner engine is due to make its debut in next year’s new Honda Civic, which will be revealed at the Frankfurt show next month.

See pics of the new Honda Civic mule

The new i-DTEC engine produces 148bhp — the same as the more polluting unit in the Accord and 10bhp more than the current Civic’s older 2.2 CDTi.

The new CO2 figure is 29g/km better than the old Civic’s. It has been achieved partly by adopting stop-start, but also as a result of detailed internal tweaks. Honda says 5g/km of the saving comes from the Idle Stop system and the rest through revised oil channels to cut friction and aerodynamic refinements to the body.

“To achieve a good CO2 figure, you need to optimise every aspect of the car,” says Honda engineer Katushi Watanabe. “But we haven’t compromised the performance character of the engine.”

The new engine will make the Civic more competitive with the Ford Focus and Volkswagen Golf, boasting similar emissions to their 1.6-litre diesels but more power than their 2.0-litre oil-burners.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
There is video.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/65mp...a-civic/258601
Old 08-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
I see you are just a smartass troll.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: I don't appreciate your referring to a Senior Moderator as a troll. Keep it up and you'll be on a forced vacation from Azine.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
MODERATOR'S NOTE: I don't appreciate your referring to a Senior Moderator as a troll. Keep it up and you'll be on a forced vacation from Azine.
welcome to what TOV has become. Post stuff that doesn't kiss Honda's ass? You're a troll. this guy is all over there along with a few other DB's who ruined that site.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:28 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by F23A4
Sorry, call it like I see it! I don't care if he is SUPER moderator or not, if he is being a troll, I'm calling him out.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I drive a Subata.

Sorry, call it like I see it! I don't care if he is SUPER moderator or not, if he is being a troll, I'm calling him out.
Are you slow?????? Read his fucking posts again.

You are a troll.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Old 08-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
Some folks just don't get it.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by phile
welcome to what TOV has become. Post stuff that doesn't kiss Honda's ass? You're a troll. this guy is all over there along with a few other DB's who ruined that site.
On AZ sometimes (but not always) it's the opposite, post anything positive on Honda/Acura and you're a a troll.

I'm not thrilled by many of the Honda offerings these days (motorcycles included) but some things are working OK for them (ex. CRV, CBR600RR, ...).
The following users liked this post:
Invisible (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
On AZ sometimes (but not always) it's the opposite, post anything positive on Honda/Acura and you're a a troll.

I'm not thrilled by many of the Honda offerings these days (motorcycles included) but some things are working OK for them (ex. CRV, CBR600RR, ...).
Be serious. There is plenty of positive Honda comments in the CRV thread.

Most people here are pretty honest when something is good.

For years on this board when Hyundai & Kia were producing tastic copy-cat vehicles, everyone called them out on their

Present day, now that Hyundai & Kia, have their act together, the same people who said they were are not singing their praises.

Truth be told, Honda does not have much to get excited about.
It is what it is, it's not exclusive to Acurazine.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S

For years on this board when Hyundai & Kia were producing tastic copy-cat vehicles, everyone called them out on their

Present day, now that Hyundai & Kia, have their act together, the same people who said they were are not singing their praises.

i "bash" cars regardless what manuf it is from. even my "own" brand (currently 08 civic, 06 accord, 07 S2000 on my driveway) and i talk shit about honda in every thread

If the car is good then it is good, if it is not then it is not. Honda never paid me to drive their cars, i have to pay them.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 08-19-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Present day, now that Hyundai & Kia, have their act together, the same people who said they were are NOW singing their praises.

I had to quote my old post just to edit it.

swap NOW for the former NOT
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
AZ Community Team

Seriously? Sometimes all you sound like is Chicken Little and Debbie Downer when it comes to Honda/Acura. A year or so ago you said Acura was a failure and should be shut down. Auto companies are not digital like light bulbs and either work or not. There are degrees of success and failure.

That being said I will agree you recently posted positive comments on the latest CRV. However a response from another on your positive post I found amusing.

CRV News Post #325 " Stop the presses, it is possible for Moogs to not bash Honda in his every post in car talk/auto news. What's next, will pigs fly?!? "

So fair to say I'm not the only one out there slightly surprised by your positive comment.

Agree most folks on here are pretty honest in their assessments.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-19-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:16 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Seriously? Sometimes all you sound like is Chicken Little and Debbie Downer when it comes to Honda/Acura. A year or so ago you said Acura was a failure and should be shut down. Auto companies are not digital like light bulbs and either work or not. There are degrees of success and failure.

That being said I will agree you recently posted positive comments on the latest CRV. However a response from another on your positive post I found amusing.

CRV News Post #325 " Stop the presses, it is possible for Moogs to not bash Honda in his every post in car talk/auto news. What's next, will pigs fly?!? "

So fair to say I'm not the only one out there slightly surprised by your positive comment.

Agree most folks on here are pretty honest in their assessments.
I call 'em like I see 'em ....and there is not much good coming out of Honda/Acura...hasn't been for some time now.

Like I said when Honda creates a product that is worthy of praise I will give them praise....such appears to be the case for the new CRV.

As far as your light bulb analogy, Honda/Acura is a very dim bulb indeed.

The only bright spots:
the new CRV (at least what we have seen so far.
Fit - perhaps Hondas best product currently for sale in NA
MDX - I'm not a big fan, but you can't argue the fact that it is quite good.
TSX - barely on the list....the old powertrain options and IMHO low rent interior - (the Sonata and Optima have a "classier" interior) For barely "lux" the TSX is pretty decent.

The dim bulb:
Civic - same as it ever was from years ago, poor quality interior.
Accord - goofy looking sedan, MMC made it look worse, poor quality interior
Oddy - Best van around ruined by the goofiest exterior design.
Insight - DOA....what a mess
TL - abortion on wheels
RL - laughing stock for a flagship
RDX - goofy looking, waste of a turbo 4.

btw....if it makes you any happier, I can't find hardly anything "good" in Toyota's line-up
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
New EU Honda Civic teasers

Autocar

Honda has released its third batch of teaser images of the new 2012 Honda Civic, and revealed how it used ex-Formula One engineers to refine the driving experience of the car.

The Japanese manufacturer says it has worked hard to ensure the new Civic offers a quieter ride on all road conditions.

The new Civic’s aerodynamic efficiency plays a key role in maximising its refinement. Several members of the development team worked on Honda's Formula One projects, and called on their experience to help deliver a car that combines a low coefficient of drag with excellent high-speed stability.

Hours of work in the Honda wind tunnel has improved performance, reduced fuel consumption and resulted in an exceptionally quiet interior, according to Honda.

The development team worked hard to sharpen every detail of the design, build and aerodynamics, to optimise the interior refinement in the new Civic. The engineers spent time testing the car in Europe to tune the new Civic to suit the varying road conditions.

They also made use of Honda’s anechoic (echo-free) chamber in its R&D facility in Swindon to fine-tune the cabin insulation. One of the results of the work in the anechoic chamber was to modify the design and construction of the roof lining, and how it interacts with the bodywork.

“We did not improve the noise and refinement of the new Civic through just one technique,“ commented Kazuo Sunaoshi, Development Leader – Chassis. “It was the accumulation of lots of little details. My big challenge was to match the noise and vibration levels of our European competitors. I am proud to say that we have achieved our goals.”

The new Honda Civic will be officially unveiled at the Frankfurt motor show next month.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

Old 08-26-2011, 04:21 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
btw....if it makes you any happier, I can't find hardly anything "good" in Toyota's line-up
I'm traditionally a Toyota hater and I can still find plenty of good in their lineup. Not only that, but it's all encompassing when it comes to the meat of the consumer market. There's a reason why they're part of the "Big 3" now.

Toyota

Prius - the quintessential hybrid

Sienna - some incredibly cheap interior panels even by my standards, but good styling for a minivan and optional AWD (who has that on a minivan anymore?)

Highlander - I dislike SUVs and crossovers but it looks quite nice - non-hybrids at least.

2013 Camry - much improved over the previous model

Tacoma - enough said.

Lexus

RX - seems like every upper-middle class mom wants one

LS - keeping the Germans on their toes, circa 1989 to present.

2013 GS - already growing on me.

IS-F and LF-A - exhaust tip criticisms aside, Honda has nothing close to these two in their lineup at the moment.

Still, as much as we all criticize the Civic in this thread, I don't think many who have participated would take a Corolla over a similarly-equipped Civic.... especially not an Si.

edit: Holy crap I'm seesawing on the edge of eating my words. I scrolled up.... the new Corolla ain't bad. In terms of interior and exterior I think this is the first time it has beat the Civic in both categories in a long time. The actual quality of interior materials and driving experience is a different story though.

another edit: Still, I think Moog is right even if he's overly negative. Honda is outdoing Toyota at being Toyota at the moment.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by krio

Looking promising. I'll take a 5-door with the new 150ps Diesel.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Race Director

^ you'll need to move to Europe to do that.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I drive a Subata.

That looks promising?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by biker
^ you'll need to move to Europe to do that.
Here's hoping Honda will one day sell a Diesel in North America.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Costco
I'm traditionally a Toyota hater and I can still find plenty of good in their lineup. Not only that, but it's all encompassing when it comes to the meat of the consumer market. There's a reason why they're part of the "Big 3" now.

Toyota

Prius - the quintessential hybrid

Sienna - some incredibly cheap interior panels even by my standards, but good styling for a minivan and optional AWD (who has that on a minivan anymore?)

Highlander - I dislike SUVs and crossovers but it looks quite nice - non-hybrids at least.

2013 Camry - much improved over the previous model

Tacoma - enough said.

Lexus

RX - seems like every upper-middle class mom wants one

LS - keeping the Germans on their toes, circa 1989 to present.

2013 GS - already growing on me.

IS-F and LF-A - exhaust tip criticisms aside, Honda has nothing close to these two in their lineup at the moment.

Still, as much as we all criticize the Civic in this thread, I don't think many who have participated would take a Corolla over a similarly-equipped Civic.... especially not an Si.

edit: Holy crap I'm seesawing on the edge of eating my words. I scrolled up.... the new Corolla ain't bad. In terms of interior and exterior I think this is the first time it has beat the Civic in both categories in a long time. The actual quality of interior materials and driving experience is a different story though.

another edit: Still, I think Moog is right even if he's overly negative. Honda is outdoing Toyota at being Toyota at the moment.
Remember, regarding Toyota, I did say "hardly".

As for Lexus, they are apart from Toyota, hence why I did not mention them.
Lexus has plenty of bright spots in their line-up.

...and it's not about me being "negative"....it's about telling the truth IMHO.
If the truth is "negative" so be it.

If Honda/Acura get back on track, then there will be plenty of "positive" sunshine & rainbow posts from me.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Here's hoping Honda will one day sell a Diesel in North America.
This guy has to be trolling. It's way too obvious.

That or he's ASIMO 2.0, programmed to convince forum masses that Honda > *
Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM
B A N N E D

This guy has to be trolling. It's way too obvious.

That or he's ASIMO 2.0, programmed to convince forum masses that Honda > *

TROLLING? Please explain.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 PM

Unless your serve- er, you're located in Europe, as biker said, you can't get that in NA. And a Honda diesel in NA... people have been asking for that for YEARS, along with a laundry list of other things that have yet to show up.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I drive a Subata.

Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation "DNFTT" redirect here. For the Wikimedia essay, see "What is a troll?".

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted". While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, mass media uses troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]
Old 08-26-2011, 02:15 PM
B A N N E D

Unless your serve- er, you're located in Europe, as biker said, you can't get that in NA. And a Honda diesel in NA... people have been asking for that for YEARS, along with a laundry list of other things that have yet to show up.

so YOU are tell me, here at Acurazine, we can't post things on this forum about things we would wish or like to see on a Honda product?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Race Director

Even if Honda were to offer the diesel in NA it would be in the uglified exterior and cheapened interior of the UDSM Civic.

Quick Reply: Honda: Civic News