Acura: TSX News

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Only the TSX made its debut at Detroit, in January.
I hope its at Detroit!
Old 12-21-2007, 12:16 PM
luvs redheads!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so who else called it? I remember betting on them putting the RDX motor in and using the AWD platform, and i hope this is true because that is going to be one nice car.

Plus imagine Realtime racing getting these badboys, they would be unstoppable..even more so.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
Originally Posted by swift22
Plus imagine Realtime racing getting these badboys, they would be unstoppable..even more so.
Unfortunately not in the past 2007 season. The Mazda 6's had the edge over the TSX's and RSX's.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
luvs redheads!

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Unfortunately not in the past 2007 season. The Mazda 6's had the edge over the TSX's and RSX's.
point made. However are the mazdaspeed6's AWD? I know that is why sometimes the Audi's get the jump on RTR.?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:36 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by swift22
point made. However are the mazdaspeed6's AWD? I know that is why sometimes the Audi's get the jump on RTR.?
No, they are all FWD like the Acura's. But interesting enough, the top Mazda team (Tripoint Motorsport) is using 2.3L Inline-4 engines built by Comptech USA.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,751 Likes on 2,535 Posts
Well not pictures of the next gen tsx but the first picture revealed of the new accord wagon in japan. I know its not much but its still something

not sure how I feel about the heavy civic influence.

http://www.dmi.com.ua/press-centre/autonews?item=519
Old 01-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dougler
I hope its at Detroit!
The NAIAS @ Detroit is happening this week... Looks like Acura isn't going to unveil anything...

Seems weird. If they are going to release the redesigned TSX this spring, you would think we'd see something by now... Maybe there's been a delay ??
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Better then nothing! Thanks for posting. I'm curious about the direction of the Acura grill going forward, but of course, that small section of grill poking out in the first picture won't be the same on the TSX anyway.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate those door handles also seen on the North American Accord.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonster
The NAIAS @ Detroit is happening this week... Looks like Acura isn't going to unveil anything...

Seems weird. If they are going to release the redesigned TSX this spring, you would think we'd see something by now... Maybe there's been a delay ??

I bet they made some design changes.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's funny how the new NA Accord's and Civics don't have much resemblence, but the JDM Accord and Civics share a bigger/smaller brother look, which makes the TSX closer in resemblence to the Civic than the NA Accord is to Civic.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,751 Likes on 2,535 Posts
Originally Posted by supraken
It's funny how the new NA Accord's and Civics don't have much resemblence, but the JDM Accord and Civics share a bigger/smaller brother look, which makes the TSX closer in resemblence to the Civic than the NA Accord is to Civic.
Its cause its always been that the JDM civic and JDM accord share a resemblance. Since the US accord is the JDM inspire iit has never really shared any similarities.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
i don't know if merc came up with it first, but honda did a great job of stealing the instrument cluster needle design from them.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:41 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Nothing to get excited about here.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Old 01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonster

NYAS perhaps. Infiniti did the G37 there.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S

There are a lot more screen caps from a video of the Accord Tourer posted at TOV. And judging by those I have to agree.

The styling is just plain boring.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Geez what a disappointment. It looks almost the same from the front, and the rear screams Hyundai Sonata with a slight kick up in the far corners of the taillights.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
I feel like we won't see anything like the NSX and S2k anytime soon from Honda. The last nice Acura to come out was the TL in 04.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:34 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hot damn those gauges are pimp.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:55 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by phile
Geez what a disappointment. It looks almost the same from the front, and the rear screams Hyundai Sonata with a slight kick up in the far corners of the taillights.
The car is a economy brand Honda Accord after all. It is never intended to be designed from the ground up as an Acura TSX. So I'm not surprise the rear has the Sonata lines. In fact, the Sonata has been copying the Accord look for years. Korean cars have no characters. They copy everyone else, such as RX300, E-class, Toureg, ...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Racer

The car is a economy brand Honda Accord after all. It is never intended to be designed from the ground up as an Acura TSX. So I'm not surprise the rear has the Sonata lines. In fact, the Sonata has been copying the Accord look for years. Korean cars have no characters. They copy everyone else, such as RX300, E-class, Toureg, ...
And accord doesn't copy from others? It seems like everyone car company copy from others, for example, look the new gauges of Accord Tourer, its resembles Mercedes gauges. How about the previous accord sedan and coupe rear? It resembled Mercedes....

Why do you generalize and stereotype that Korean cars doesn't have characters? I think Tiburon, Santa Fe, and XG has their own style. I bet your trying real hard to think how they resemble other cars?

People gotta stop hating and degrading Hyundai just because of their past history. Narrow minded ignorant people just wont accept that they are currently coming out with nice simple looking cars...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 PM

these days, who doesn't take cues from other automakers? even now, it seems cars are taking cues from the bangle-designed bmw's.

if it's successful, people will follow and copy.

but from the looks of the genesis sedan and coupe, they aren't simple looking cars. nor do they lack character.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Look at the new Accord and look at the current 5 series. Tell me that they don't share similar styling cues. Does Honda lack character then?

The smartest thing that Hyundai has done is to revamp their design team; I mean think back to the 90's Hyundai Lineup... they were absolutely hideous. And if it means having to take a more main stream approach to designing their vehicles, then so be it; they're current line up looks light years ahead of the line up from 5-8 years ago.

But back let me get back on point since this is a topic on the TSX/Euro Accord.

IMO, I think Honda and Toyota vehicles "lack character;" not because their styling, but because of the "economical auto maker" direction they are taking.

This Euro Accord/TSX further makes me believe that Honda/Acura lacks character; I mean sure, it looks "OK," but without a NA 6 Cylinder available (w/RWD... althoug I'll settle for AWD) Honda/Acura simply isn't following through as a serious competitor in the "luxury" line up.

Simply, I am disappointed. The styling isn't revolutionary, and personally, although I think the RDX drive train is an improvement over the TSX, a Normally aspirated V6 would have been better imo. (Not to mention.. .GASP... RWD)

Korean Car Companies (And I assume you mean primarily mean Hyundai) lack character? Obviously you haven't been following the Genesis.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
these days, who doesn't take cues from other automakers? even now, it seems cars are taking cues from the bangle-designed bmw's.

if it's successful, people will follow and copy.

but from the looks of the genesis sedan and coupe, they aren't simple looking cars. nor do they lack character.
Exactly. It's not only the car industry either. We wear similar styled cloths, hair, etc. We live in houses that have similar "popular" floor plans and drive cars that look basically the same.

Don't blame the car manufacturers. They're not copying. They're providing the styles and trends that people want right now. Of course the cars all have similar styling. 20 years from now all the cars will have very different styling. But whatever that style is, rest assured they'll all share it.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 PM
6G TLX-S

Hyundai Sonata rear = old Honda Accord
Hyundai Azera front = old Toyota Camry
Hyundai Sante Fe = VW Touareg
Hyundai Genesis = (if straighten the horizontal grill trims exactly = MB's signature front look)

Kia Amanti front = MB E-class (sloping 4 rounded headlights is a dead ringer)
Kia Sorento = Lexus RX300
Kia Spectra front = Toyota Corolla

Kia is a subsidiary of Hyundai.

I can't recall any other car maker, other than Hyundai/Kia, that has so many US vehicle models "resembling" models from other makers. Borrowing styling cues from successful competitors is perfectly acceptable, but cookie-cutter-like copying (such as the Sante Fe, the Sorento, the Amanti and Genesis fronts) is not considered to be good taste. Why copy if a car company is confident with the works generated from its internal styling design team. Why not be adventurous and come up with unique styling cues exclusive to its vehicle lineups. This is what I called character.

I have yet to see a reputable car maker, other than Hyundai/Kia (apart from those in China - they even build Ferrari knock-offs there), that dares to use the "sloping unequal-size 4 rounded headlights" which is well-known to be the exclusive signature MB E-class look.

Last edited by Edward'TLS; 01-24-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Hyundai Genesis = (if straighten the horizontal grill trims exactly = MB's signature front look)

I can't recall any other car maker, other than Hyundai/Kia, that has so many US vehicle models "resembling" models from other makers. Borrowing styling cues from successful competitors is perfectly acceptable, but cookie-cutter-like copying (such as the Sante Fe, the Sorento, the Amanti and Genesis fronts) is not considered to be good taste. Why copy if a car company is confident with the works generated from its internal styling design team. Why not be adventurous and come up with unique styling cues exclusive to its vehicle lineups. This is what I called character.

I have yet to see a reputable car maker, other than Hyundai/Kia (apart from those in China - they even build Ferrari knock-offs there), that dares to use the "sloping unequal-size 4 rounded headlights" which is well-known to be the exclusive signature MB E-class look.
Relax. They're just cars.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Pinky all stinky

Not quite.

Hyundai Sonata rear = old Honda Accord, but better executed. Much better executed.
New Euro Accord = Hyundai Sonata rear, slight kick in far corners. And LEDs?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:21 PM

personally, i see no problem with hyundai, kia, or other carmakers taking design cues into their own models.

in the case with hyundai, i think it benefits them. they're taking designs and making them better looking. it's a conservative strategy, but it's helping them slowly attract more and more buyers. the first thing that the majority of car buyers are going to look for is the design. and hyundai's being successful with taking already proven designs and making them look better.

i would imagine or hope that in the future, once hyundai has established a much-better reputation, they will be more willing to take on riskier designs and a more aggressive strategy.

but if you can't see cars and models resembling each other everywhere, then you're not looking hard enough or you're just hating on hyundai.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

THOSE GAUGES ARE PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I give credit where credit is due, and they copied Mercedes on that, but it's for the sake of being pimp, so I don't mind. BTW, they made it better looking than Mercedes, I love the aluminum surrounding.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Pinky all stinky

^ I kinda like the Mercedes gauges more. The chrome rings look more high end than the aluminum.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
From the pictures posted it looks like they gave the lights a couple more corners and called it day. But hopefully I'm wrong because there would be no point in a full camo get up for that.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
TOV has spyshots of what they believe is the 2009 TSX:

TOV Link

I can't directly link the pictures, so you'll need to click on the link above.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:02 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

There may be hope for this car yet.

Much much better than they Euro Accord we saw.

Looks too small to be a TL.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:04 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

For the lazy...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Go Big Blue!

That's IT! Thanks for the photo. No question in my mind what we are looking at.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Racer

Last I heard, Edumunds said it would be at the Chicago show?? We will know if correct in 24...I doubt it myself?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Go Big Blue!

I suppose anything could happen but I'm with you Tex. I doubt it. First, they only officially announced that the RL would be displayed. Second, why would they do a "surprise" display of the TSX at the same show and steal thunder away from the RL. Sounds stupid. But then again, corporations do stupid things quite often. I know Acura does for sure.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 AM

so far, so good.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Definitely a TSX...it'll have to grow on me, though. It's mainly the grille, which I know is brand-wide; it was inevitable.

Quick Reply: Acura: TSX News