Acura: TLX News

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou

Here is a fact, the G25 with its 2.5L V6 that makes 218hp is rated at 20/29mpg. That's the same as the 280hp TL.

Actually, if you are only talking about NOW, then the J35 in the TSX and TL is lagging by 26hp (280hp vs 306hp). But the pre-mmc RL was making 290hp or 300hp under the old standards.

I don't agree with your "brick wall" argument. I can also say, Infiniti has hit a techno brick wall of making its VQ37 smooth. It's lagging behind the J series in terms of NVH.

There is a reason why I only compare between engine output alone and not between cars. It's because even with the same engine, when applied in different cars with different curb weights and different tranny technology (such as gear ratios and the total number of forward gears), will give vastly different performance (especially on acceleration and on fuel economy).

As a result, we can never find out how fuel economic or not the engine alone is, when we start comparing between cars, because curb weights and tranny technology will greatly skew the final results.

Every auto maker has it's own "brick wall" in engine tuning. You're correct. Nissan has hit the "brick wall" in NVH for it's VQ much sooner than Honda. Nissan must look for a breakthrough in NVH dampening technology before it can even dream of matching Honda J-series's smoothness. If I'm comparing NVH performance between Honda and the best. Honda is the king, hands down. But this time, I intend to compare engine output performance with which the J-series unfortunately is not the king this time round.

I have no intention to offend any hardcore Honda/Acura supporters, who can't stand anyone picking on their perfect Honda/Acura products, with my emphasize on the single weak area (output hp) for the aging Honda J-series.

My intention is to encourage Honda to speed up the development of the new V6 series, because the current J-series is a bit short on output hp when compared with the industry's bests.

However, I still think Honda should build a variation of the J-series, which put more emphasize on output hp tuning instead of on NVH. Crank out lots of hp, and throw NVH out the windows.

Then apply this class-leading-in-hp motor on the TSX Type-R and/or the TL Type-R. As for buyers of these types of high performance R's, performance is their top priority, NVH from the engine is the least of their concerns when the car's Brembo brakes are already squealing like crazy and the rock-hard suspension is already shaking the trim piece loses. Type-R like these from Acura will sure improve the model image.

As a sidenote, high performance does come with a cost in NVH. Many 3G TL-S owners have been constantly complaining about the squealing sound that comes standard with their high performance Brembo brakes. Some 4G SH-AWD TL owners have complained about how harsh their suspension is.

Therefore, don't worry about NVH, just create an ultimate-tuned J-series motor with lots and lots of output hp, to be installed in dedicated high performance Type-R racing machines, in order to rival with even the Audi S/RS, the BMW M, and the MB AMG.

I'll buy one for sure.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
As for Honda being the world's best engine builder, here are Honda's achievements related only to engine building :

- expertize in building engines for lawn mowers, power generators, marine outboards, ATV's, automobiles, motorbikes, and passenger jet plane.

- engine technology innovations such as CVCC, aluminum cylinder block and head, PGM-FI, VTEC, i-VTEC, moly-coated cylinders, single-cam-operated-on-4-valves, dual-runner intake, oval piston (motorbikes), etc.

- first auto maker to commercialize using hybrid tech (Insight) and hydrogen fuel cell tech (FCX).

- has been and still is class leading in output hp for it's 4-cylinder naturally-aspirated 4-cycle piston production auto engines :

1998, 1.8L, 195hp, Integra Type-R
2005, 2.0L, 210hp, RSX Type-R
(2011, 2.0L, 197hp, Civic SI)
2009, 2.4L, 201hp, TSX (just beat the Hyundai 2.4L GDI by 1hp)

Only the J-series V6 family is falling short to become class leader in output hp.

- won races and constructor championship titles in F1, CART/Indy, Le Mans, WCCA-WC, BTCC, MotoGP, SuperBike, and numerous other classes of touring sedan cups and motorbike cups all over the world.

Never has any single auto maker on earth has packed so much expertize in engine building, so diversify in engine applications, so innovative in engine technology, so dominant in output hp for it's I4 production engines, as well as participating in and winning so many different variety of motorsport races.

When packed with so much credential behind it's back, if Honda is not the best engine builder in the world, no auto maker is.
Ah, now I see where you are coming from. But like you are saying, the J series has never really been class leading in terms of hp. I mean, it was the leader for a short time (2G TL-S/CL-S), but it hasn't been a leader for years already. Unlike those Type R engines, the J series with its SOHC valvetrain isn't really designed for peak power. I agree that it would be nice to have some variations of the J series.

There is a reason why I only compare between engine output alone and not between cars. It's because even with the same engine, when applied in different cars with different curb weights and different tranny technology (such as gear ratios and the total number of forward gears), will give vastly different performance (especially on acceleration and on fuel economy).

As a result, we can never find out how fuel economic or not the engine alone is, when we start comparing between cars, because curb weights and tranny technology will greatly skew the final results.

Every auto maker has it's own "brick wall" in engine tuning. You're correct. Nissan has hit the "brick wall" in NVH for it's VQ much sooner than Honda. Nissan must look for a breakthrough in NVH dampening technology before it can even dream of matching Honda J-series's smoothness. If I'm comparing NVH performance between Honda and the best. Honda is the king, hands down. But this time, I intend to compare engine output performance with which the J-series unfortunately is not the king this time round.

I have no intention to offend any hardcore Honda/Acura supporters, who can't stand anyone picking on their perfect Honda/Acura products, with my emphasize on the single weak area (output hp) for the aging Honda J-series.

My intention is to encourage Honda to speed up the development of the new V6 series, because the current J-series is a bit short on output hp when compared with the industry's bests.

However, I still think Honda should build a variation of the J-series, which put more emphasize on output hp tuning instead of on NVH. Crank out lots of hp, and throw NVH out the windows.

Then apply this class-leading-in-hp motor on the TSX Type-R and/or the TL Type-R. As for buyers of these types of high performance R's, performance is their top priority, NVH from the engine is the least of their concerns when the car's Brembo brakes are already squealing like crazy and the rock-hard suspension is already shaking the trim piece loses. Type-R like these from Acura will sure improve the model image.

As a sidenote, high performance does come with a cost in NVH. Many 3G TL-S owners have been constantly complaining about the squealing sound that comes standard with their high performance Brembo brakes. Some 4G SH-AWD TL owners have complained about how harsh their suspension is.

Therefore, don't worry about NVH, just create an ultimate-tuned J-series motor with lots and lots of output hp, to be installed in dedicated high performance Type-R racing machines, in order to rival with even the Audi S/RS, the BMW M, and the MB AMG.

I'll buy one for sure.
I understand that sometimes it's difficult to compare mpg when cars have different tranny technologies and curb weights. But in the example I gave, the G25 is lighter than the TL and it got a 7AT instead of a 6AT, don't you think the engine has a major impact of the mpg (both get 20/29)?

But yes, if you only talk about hp, the current J series is behind for sure. I was just looking at things from a wider perspective.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Agree, I had a run in with this guy some time back, just because I bought an A6 instead of the RL. Back then, I was simply posting my real-life experience while shopping and cross-shopping for those cars. But this guy started coming on me because I didn't pick the ACURA RL, and questioned why I was still on Acurazine without knowing how much repair helps and suspension tuning experience I had contributed to the 2G sub-forum since year 2000.

It is always a complicated process shopping for cars, with all those choices out there and especially with $50K on the line. It could only experienced by someone who was willing to spend $50K, and had spent $50K on a car in real life, not in dreams.

I don't care if he will buy such car(s) now or in the future. If he has/will, I'll congratulate him. But with someone who wasn't in the stage of buying one, and had absolutely no idea of what buying a $50K car was like, started picking on my real-life shopping experience was then quite a hilarious scene.
How dare you, Edward. Shall I dig up the threads of the past so that you may see how ignorant you look/ed? I have NEVER, EVER, had a debate with someone because they bought X car over an Acura. It was YOU that came here to tell everyone else why you bought your 255hp Audi A6 over the RL and how much better your A6 was over the RL. It was you that was spewing about how much more luxurious your A6 was over the RL. Never mind the fact that you bought the bare-bones, base A6. An RCA VHS player has more technology than your model A6. I never once questioned why you bought an A6. What I did do was rebuttal your outrageous claims of your base model A6 being more luxurious than the RL, more advanced, and better performing. Would you like me to link the thread or am I starting to refresh your memory?

You don't know anything about me. You don't know what cars I own, what I do for a living, or what my socioeconomic background is. I'll give you one hint though, it doesn't include shopping for base-model A6's. Don't come in here and act like you are so much more experienced and cultured because you bought a $45k Audi.

To also claim that I am not in the stage of buying a $50k car is ludicrous. Again, how do you know me? You don't know anything about me so stop talking like you do.

Next time you want to make it personal, grow some balls and use my name. Don't just try and beat around the bush.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Because I want to hit home my points, rather than dancing around starting comparing between cars while I'm intended to compare between engine technology.

Of course, you've nothing to respond to, because I was stating the facts. How could anyone argue with the FACTS. But if you have to consider facts as garbage, then I can't help you.

Competitors (Fact) :

2005, 3.5L-V6, IS350, 306hp
2005, 3.5L-V6, G35, 298hp
2008, 3.7L-V6, G37C, 330hp
2009, 3.7L-V6, G37 sedan, 328hp <-----
2010, 3.7L-V6, IPL-G37C, 348hp

Acura (Fact) :

2005, 3.5L-V6, TL, 286hp
2007, 3.7L-V6, MDX, 300hp
2009, 3.7L-V6, RL, 300hp <-----
2009, 3.7L-V6, TL, 305hp
2010, 3.7L-V6, MMC TL, 305hp

My points are purely about engine technology between Honda and it's competitors :

- Fact : Honda is regarded as the world's best engine builder, not BMW, MB, Audi, Caddillac, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai.

- Fact : Honda is notoriously famous for generating more from less, i.e., make big hp with small engine displacement.

- Fact : Both the J-series 3.5L and 3.7L have been lagging behind in output hp when compared with the industry's bests for many years. The 3.5L since 2005, the the 3.7L since 2008.

- Fact : Every auto maker has a technology brick wall in engine tuning. Every time there's a new technology breakthrough (such as i-Vtec, DI, VANOS), more hp can be squeezed out, and the brick wall is being pushed further out.

- Fact : At this very moment, the J-series's best 3.5L is lagging behind the Toyota's best by 20hp and behind the Infiniti's best by 12hp. In other words, Honda hits the 3.5L techno brick wall 20hp earlier than Toyota's brick wall, and 12hp earlier than Infiniti's brick wall.

- Fact : At this very moment, the J-series's best 3.7L is lagging behind the Infiniti's best by 43hp. In other words, Honda hits the 3.7L techno brick wall 43hp earlier than Infiniti's brick wall.

- Fact : Rather than to work on the J-series 3.5L to tune out ~300hp like the industry's best, Honda has upped the displacement to 3.7L in order to match the industry's bests' 3.5L output achieved back in 2005.

- Fact : Lot's of credit must be given to Honda having have to hang on to the 15+ years old J-series engine desgin.

- Fact : It is obvious that the aging J-series cannot rival the modern engines from Toyota and Infiniti, but it still doesn't change the fact that the J-series is lagging behind in output hp against the industry's bests.

- Fact : Honda is working furiously on the next generation of V6 engines.

How can anyone argue with FACTS !?

- Comment : If the J-series is still tunable for more hp, why the need for new V6's ? For reputation, definitely Yes. The new V6's will be highly tunable for hp, unlike the aging J-series which is no more tunable to match the industry's bests. Honda wants to regain the lead as or at least on par with the industry's best, with a >300hp 3L/3.5L and a >330hp 3.2L/3.7L which cannot be achieved with the current J-series.

- Comment : Look for the output hp for the new V6's. If a couple years after their debut, the new 3.5L-V6 still remains at 286hp and the new 3.7L still at 305hp, then I concede. Otherwise, this is concrete evident that the J-series (being 15+ years old) is at the dying leg of hp development, and that no more significant hp can be squeeze out while still maintain reasonable fuel economy.

- Comment : The new V6 family is for Honda to continue the quest for more powerful engines, and to fulfill the doctrine of generating more from less, as well as big hp with good fuel economy.

- Comment : I suspect that the new V6 family will embrace i-Vtec and likely the Honda version of DI, and will eventually generate 260-280hp for 2.8L, 280-300hp for 3L; and perhap 330-350hp for 3.5L, and 350-380hp for 3.7L, especially towards the end of their development cycle at which they will be pushed to the limits.

Now my comments not concerning with engine technology :

Application wise, the overal Acura packages are good, but could use another 20-30hp more for the top-of-the-line trims. That would have been perfect. Any frugal buyers can still pick the base models if fuel economy is at the top of their agenda.
Edward, look at your chart, and tell me where the 300hp RL that debuted in 2004 fits. Once again, you're leaving out the FACTS, in order to accommodate your personal agenda.

Once again Edward, you have decided to beat around the bush and repeat the same nonsense over and over and over again until you, along with everyone else is blue in the face. You haven't once attempted to give me a legitimate rebuttal to my last post and have continued to show yourself to be nothing but a sensationalist. Either man up and give us something to fight for, or go home.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
omg wtf is going on in here
Old 02-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
'

Honda needs to go back to it's root and create an S division or R division that goes GUNG-HO in respect to performance. Perfect example, the NSX-R.
The engineers went with a mesh shifter boot to save 11 grams!
Dry carbon fiber body parts to save weigh
Revised aerodynamics on MANY parts to reduce the CD by .02

But back to what you were saying, a Turbo TL-S isn't just going to be 3-4K off the back. If anything it's going to cost honda a WHOLE ton of money to fab up a system, engineer it and work out the kinks, test it for 500,000 miles to ensure that it sticks with honda quality. Engineering stuff like this isn't done in a few months, it takes a while to perfect and get right. Something like that in a consumer car would be more around the difference b/w a 335 and a 328 (41,100 vs. 33,650).

Also by the way, I doubt it'd be a 150HP increase for a consumer car, more along the lines of 100 and gobs of torque would be a better idea, so around 380ish HP is what I'd be.

Would I spend 50K on a new 380ish HP TL, maybe. A car isn't just about it's motor, its a culmination of things. The current interior on the TL really bothers me versus the design of the RL, MDX and TL that I've had over the years. The incorporation of all that plastic and styling idea doesn't still well with me. The ZDX is a step forward with a leather dash and ceramics, but the design is still pretty awkward.

If anything we would see MAYBE something like this on a 2014 TL but I highly doubt it since all auto makers are going to go in a "greener" direction with electric motors and all that jazz.

No offense to current owners, but I think that's (49K) a tad bit overpriced for a SH-AWD TL. Something along the lower 40's is a better idea OTD.
If Acura can afford Turbo RDX it can surely afford turbo V6. as various version of the same engine can be used in MDX/Pilot/TSX/RL etc. like Audi 3.0T is now in Q7/A6/S4 and soon Q5/A8 etc.
Honda can even afford high performance diesel Euro Accord Type S and that engine is not used in any other vehicle. and it is turbo. so horsepower variations with turbo is not a big expense.
with RDX it is straight 32% increase from 2006 CRV 166bhp to 240bhp. same 32% increase will bring 406bhp from 305bhp. RDX has 260 ft-lb torque from 2.3l based on 2006 technology.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Thou mad?

Thou mad.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
If Acura can afford Turbo RDX it can surely afford turbo V6. as various version of the same engine can be used in MDX/Pilot/TSX/RL etc. like Audi 3.0T is now in Q7/A6/S4 and soon Q5/A8 etc.
Honda can even afford high performance diesel Euro Accord Type S and that engine is not used in any other vehicle. and it is turbo. so horsepower variations with turbo is not a big expense.
with RDX it is straight 32% increase from 2006 CRV 166bhp to 240bhp. same 32% increase will bring 406bhp from 305bhp. RDX has 260 ft-lb torque from 2.3l based on 2006 technology.
I'm sure acura can afford it but a bit of that cost is going to go on to the consumer is what I'm trying to say. It's not going to be 3-4K, but more like 5-7K. As far as the motor being used across the brand, this is very true however the motor will probably be tried out either in the new RL or MDX that is to debut in 2012.

As far as the diesel goes, I don't understand why Honda doesn't bring it to the states. BMW and MB have their Diesel models here and they are pretty good! I had a 335d loaner and it got 40MPG! A 4 cyl disel will probably have 50 while having fun!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I'm sure acura can afford it but a bit of that cost is going to go on to the consumer is what I'm trying to say. It's not going to be 3-4K, but more like 5-7K. As far as the motor being used across the brand, this is very true however the motor will probably be tried out either in the new RL or MDX that is to debut in 2012.

As far as the diesel goes, I don't understand why Honda doesn't bring it to the states. BMW and MB have their Diesel models here and they are pretty good! I had a 335d loaner and it got 40MPG! A 4 cyl disel will probably have 50 while having fun!
before the arrival of FWD RDX. RDX was very limited production vehicle but Acura continue building it for 4 years with price difference of less than $10k from CRV. $10k give you SH-AWD, larger standard wheels, upgraded interior and warranty and ofcourse turbo engine. etc
I have seen 2nd CRV selling higher than second hand RDX.
Today Honda introduced Civic with 3D navigation system in Europe in limited production vehicles from Pioneer. IT is just unwillingness to introduce in NA market.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
this is what PMs are for...

Hey, check out the new 2012 Acura TL! (hopefully get back on topic)

Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
^ yea it's all right but why doesn't it have 400HP?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
^ And cost 30k
Old 02-17-2011, 12:35 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

^Because Honda is confused about its direction
Old 02-17-2011, 01:20 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,293 Likes on 4,022 Posts
Old 02-17-2011, 01:24 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Lets get this back to TL talk, shall we.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
How dare you, Edward. Shall I dig up the threads of the past so that you may see how ignorant you look/ed? I have NEVER, EVER, had a debate with someone because they bought X car over an Acura. It was YOU that came here to tell everyone else why you bought your 255hp Audi A6 over the RL and how much better your A6 was over the RL. It was you that was spewing about how much more luxurious your A6 was over the RL. Never mind the fact that you bought the bare-bones, base A6. An RCA VHS player has more technology than your model A6. I never once questioned why you bought an A6. What I did do was rebuttal your outrageous claims of your base model A6 being more luxurious than the RL, more advanced, and better performing. Would you like me to link the thread or am I starting to refresh your memory?

You don't know anything about me. You don't know what cars I own, what I do for a living, or what my socioeconomic background is. I'll give you one hint though, it doesn't include shopping for base-model A6's. Don't come in here and act like you are so much more experienced and cultured because you bought a $45k Audi.

To also claim that I am not in the stage of buying a $50k car is ludicrous. Again, how do you know me? You don't know anything about me so stop talking like you do.

Next time you want to make it personal, grow some balls and use my name. Don't just try and beat around the bush.
If so, why don't you start telling us your real-life experience in buying your car(s) ? I, for sure, will never criticize your experiences nor your decisions in making your final choice(s), because I know that everyone has his/her priority and agenda in purchasing a ride.

Do please share you real-life car buying experiences on how you ended up buying your particular cars, and why you didn't buying the other cars you have cross-shopped, just like most other Acurazine members.

Don't hide yourself. No one's gonna pick a fight with you because of your choice(s). I, for one, won't, being experienced or not, being cultured or not.

I don't know about your socialeconomic background. But let me tell you, even though I don't have a good socialeconomic background, I won't try to pick fights with others whenever and whereever I can.

Besides, nowhere in all those previous posts did I make the "outrageous claims of your base model A6 being more luxurious than the RL, more advanced, and better performing." Please reread that thread carefully.

Back then, I said my A6, after ordered with custom options, was still ~$5K Cdn cheaper than the single-choice-only fully optioned RL. I said I didn't want nor need many of the options that came standard on the full loaded RL, so why forced customers like myself to pay extra premium for all those options that they didn't want in the 1st place. I also said Acura had realized this mistake, and immediately released a much cheaper stripped-down base RL in the following years.

In addition, nor did I say the A6 was more luxury than the RL. I only said the A6 carried more prestige and class status than the RL, because the Audi brand was and still is a more publicly recognized luxury brand (in Canada) than the Acura brand.

Please don't try to put words in my mouth.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Lets get this back to TL talk, shall we.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Lazy Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A meh response to the refresh so far to what has honestly become a meh car.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
this thread has really lost its way....

the refresh is growing on me, looking forward to seeing one in person.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Edward and Vtec, take this to PM from here if you want to continue the discussion. Or more appropriately, to that thread concerning the A6 purchase.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
omg wtf is going on in here
Old 02-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've mentioned before that as strange as it sounds, I would buy the 2012 TL, but not the 09-11...the extended beak bothered me that much.

I applaud Acura for recognizing its mistake and doing something about it.

It's encouraging with today's manufacturing adaptability and increased retooling capabilities, manufacturers are able to make significant mid-model changes while not breaking the bank.

Ford's outstanding refresh of the 2011 Ford Edge is just one example and Honda/Acura stepped it up with the 2012 TL. It's at least a positive that they're listening and I, for one, really like the results...I'm looking forward to seeing it in person...
Old 02-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
^ i feel the same. that front overhang was way too much. it wasn't even the front overhang, it was rather how the design emphasized it. this refreshed one didn't lop off like a foot from the front overhang, but it toned down in terms of the perceived overhang.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:07 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Anyone know if these are alternate rims for the '12 SH-AWD models? I think they are the MDX sport rims.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed_Racer
Anyone know if these are alternate rims for the '12 SH-AWD models? I think they are the MDX sport rims.

I think they said they redesigned the 17" and 18" rims/wheels in 2012. The 19's will carry over. Those look like they must be the new 18's

Last edited by SpicyMikey; 02-22-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:31 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

The new rims on the FWD model are definitely much better than the old rims....
Old 02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
It's got to be the new 18's then. The pic is a SH-AWD model.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 PM

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,988 Posts
are the '12s at the dealers already?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
are the '12s at the dealers already?
No, the first batch of FWD cars is scheduled for production later this month and early March. No AWD cars will be built in this allocation, these will be built in a later production run.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 PM
zac
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Chopped----- Dropped. Wheels. Ronjon Kit front and sides. Tint. Body color grill thing.

Last edited by zac; 02-22-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
^ That car looks like it can't turn without ripping off its front fender
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Speed_Racer

Very similar to the old MDX Sport wheels, but not the same. The 2012 TLs look to pinch in a concave as they approach the center, the MDX wheels actually bumped out as they approached the lip.

Damn that 2012 looks good
Old 02-23-2011, 03:43 PM
zac
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jwong77
^ That car looks like it can't turn without ripping off its front fender
Yea, probably. lol

Id put in camber but it was just a quick chop to avoid studying.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
No, the first batch of FWD cars is scheduled for production later this month and early March. No AWD cars will be built in this allocation, these will be built in a later production run.
Ouch, how much later?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 PM
I love me some Curry...!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zac
Chopped----- Dropped. Wheels. Ronjon Kit front and sides. Tint. Body color grill thing.

damn I just feel in love.......
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

that looks awesome.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Welcome to Olliewood

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
that looks awesome.
Yeap. My new favorite Hot Wheels.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
that chop looks good, or it would if the wheels were a little realistic size. Not 24"
Old 02-25-2011, 04:50 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by myron
that chop looks good, or it would if the wheels were a little realistic size. Not 24"
yea...and it's a bit too low...but overall, it's great.

Quick Reply: Acura: TLX News