Acura: ILX News

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by vybzkartel
I think he simply forgot to put the $50k part in that sentence.
What he was replying to.
Even with the $50k budget, there's still the almighty Hyundai Genesis. It has RWD and V8, so it's a true tier 1 luxury car!

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
I did see this as their strategy, but that's sorta the problem. The market came to them, but they decided they didn't want that. I can understand that Acura wanted differentiation from Honda, but the disdain they've had for that segment of the population that actually wants them still befuddles me.

I don't think the ILX will do that bad though. It'll probably find a niche amongst older DINKS or retirees that want reliable (or illusion thereof), more upscale than other cars at that price point, and relatively cheap. They won't need a ton of space. It'll find its niche.

Not sure it'll be the demo that they are aiming at though....
Joke aside, I think the 8g Civic Si was a worthy replacement for the RSX-S.

Yea, that's how I see it for the ILX too. For the price of the ILX, you can get a very well equipped Focus Titanium or Elantra Limited. You can also get a mid-size sedan like the Camry, Altima, Accord, etc. But there are some people who just don't want to drive a regular Focus, Accord, or Camry. They might prefer something a little different. One thing for sure is that for the money, you will get something that is rarer. Don't kid ourselves, Acura is no BMW, MB, or Lexus. However, I still think it's still above Honda, Hyundai, or Ford.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 5,915 Likes on 2,915 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
Even with the $50k budget, there's still the almighty Hyundai Genesis. It has RWD and V8, so it's a true tier 1 luxury car!
I'd take a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec over a 4G TL any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Joke aside, I think the 8g Civic Si was a worthy replacement for the RSX-S.

Yea, that's how I see it for the ILX too. For the price of the ILX, you can get a very well equipped Focus Titanium or Elantra Limited. You can also get a mid-size sedan like the Camry, Altima, Accord, etc. But there are some people who just don't want to drive a regular Focus, Accord, or Camry. They might prefer something a little different. One thing for sure is that for the money, you will get something that is rarer. Don't kid ourselves, Acura is no BMW, MB, or Lexus. However, I still think it's still above Honda, Hyundai, or Ford.
I can't muster anything more than a "meh" for the ILX.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Race Director

Received 626 Likes on 505 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
I'd take a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec over a 4G TL any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
No need to go that high - I'd take even the regular V6 Genesis over a TL.
The following 2 users liked this post by biker:
civicdrivr (05-24-2012), Costco (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by biker
No need to go that high - I'd take even the regular V6 Genesis over a TL.
Yeah, well, for the sake of the discussion I just thought I'd make it a slam-dunk.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Yep. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Honda Fanboy

Don't forget the other tier one cars like the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

No way man Genesis is the best. 300C is only the old Mercedes E class which was a POS that can't be compared with the mighty Genesis. Forget the TL, it got no V8 and RWD. All it could to is keep up with a 330hp supercharged S6. It's just another FAIL by Honda.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:29 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Even today, 4G TL owners are mocked for having poor taste, while members here on AZ of all things buy a Genesis and their threads blow up with excitement

The Genesis has a badge problem and a slight design problem (similarity to other makes) while the TL just has a design problem - it's ugly. The ILX also bears resemblance to a Civic, apparently. Not my belief mind you, just my observations of others.

Everyone can acknowledge the testicular fortitude of a once lowly Hyundai to make a V8 and 8AT in-house and attempt to move upmarket to compete with the heavy hitters. Nobody is impressed by Acura's attempt to move downmarket - this thread is telling enough. Frankly I'm not impressed by Audi, BMW or MB's moves in that direction either. Sure, that results in more choice and more competition, but .
Old 05-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,258 Likes on 4,873 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco
Even today, 4G TL owners are mocked for having poor taste, while members here on AZ of all things buy a Genesis and their threads blow up with excitement

The Genesis has a badge problem and a slight design problem (similarity to other makes) while the TL just has a design problem - it's ugly. The ILX also bears resemblance to a Civic, apparently. Not my belief mind you, just my observations of others.

Everyone can acknowledge the testicular fortitude of a once lowly Hyundai to make a V8 and 8AT in-house and attempt to move upmarket to compete with the heavy hitters. Nobody is impressed by Acura's attempt to move downmarket - this thread is telling enough. Frankly I'm not impressed by Audi, BMW or MB's moves in that direction either. Sure, that results in more choice and more competition, but .
I think it has a lot more to do with Acuras constant change in direction. The brand as a whole has an identity problem, and has no idea where the market is.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 PM

No way man Genesis is the best. 300C is only the old Mercedes E class which was a POS that can't be compared with the mighty Genesis. Forget the TL, it got no V8 and RWD. All it could to is keep up with a 330hp supercharged S6. It's just another FAIL by Honda.
Fanboys.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
I think it has a lot more to do with Acuras constant change in direction. The brand as a whole has an identity problem, and has no idea where the market is.
The brand has had a constant identity crisis.
It's not sure what it is or what is should be.

The buying public is puzzled as well.

Creating "luxed" up Hondas in not the solution to Acura's problems.
In fact it's making their troubles worse.
The following 3 users liked this post by Moog-Type-S:
CarbonGray Earl (05-24-2012), civicdrivr (05-24-2012), ttribe (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
Come on, get real.

Let's say if a V8 RWD sedan is available from Acura, do you really think it will sell well if priced like the Audi's, BMW's, Lexus', and MB's V8 RWD premium sedans ?

Please remember that Acura is not a recognized true luxury brand, and thus it's vehicles cannot be priced as such, or otherwise go the same suicidal way as the current RL model.

Currently, the mid-sized TL is priced as the compact-sized A4, 3-class, IS, and C-class. The $50K V8 RWD sedan, if available, has to be a bargain initially in order to be recognized and to gain fame.

High power sedans are what Acura should introduce, not another sedan even lower and cheaper than the TSX.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Come on, get real.

Let's say if a V8 RWD sedan is available from Acura, do you really think it will sell well if priced like the Audi's, BMW's, Lexus', and MB's V8 RWD premium sedans ?

Please remember that Acura is not a recognized true luxury brand, and thus it's vehicles cannot be priced as such, or otherwise go the same suicidal way as the current RL model.

Currently, the mid-sized TL is priced as the compact-sized A4, 3-class, IS, and C-class. The $50K V8 RWD sedan, if available, has to be a bargain initially in order to be recognized and to gain fame.

High power sedans are what Acura should introduce, not another sedan even lower and cheaper than the TSX.

Did you even bother to read the whole of page #20, lol?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Come on, get real.

I'd definitely be interested in such sedan..but when it comes to Canada, it will be more like CAD$65k................................
Old 05-25-2012, 12:28 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
A 50K RWD Acura sedan, I'm listening. It would at least spark some interest back into this boring brand.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:06 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
A 50K RWD Acura sedan, I'm listening. It would at least spark some interest back into this boring brand.
It will be a totally different direction..lol...considering they have never made a RWD sedan!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 PM

It will be a totally different direction..lol...considering they have never made a RWD sedan!
That's kind of the idea.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Honda Fanboy

Come on, get real.

If Acura builds a $50K RWD V8 sedan, do you really think that it will be built with comparable quality/materials to the other RWD V8 sedans in the segment which all start at $60k+? Lets not forget that they have no RWD platform or production V8 engine available, so all of this will cost hundreds of millions of dollars to develop before anything else comes in the picture.

Acura isn't going to build a car only to lose money on it at this stage in the game, and if you're expecting a $50k RWD V8 sedan from Acura, it will be a money loser unless they make everything from tires to the steering wheel optional. The whole notion of RWD and V8 being a necessity for a luxury brand is honestly, silly to continue to mention. Look at Infiniti's continued depressed sales and Audi's rapid rise as a perfect example.

I'm curious, how did you end up buying a 4G TL when it has an engine that you lambasted for being worst in class, and a RWD 5.0 R Spec Genesis could be had for a mere $2,500 more?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
A 50K RWD Acura sedan, I'm dreaming.
Fixed.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:56 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by VTEC Racer

I'm curious, how did you end up buying a 4G TL when it has an engine that you lambasted for being worst in class, and a RWD 5.0 R Spec Genesis could be had for a mere $2,500 more?
I told you before I'm a diehard Honda/Acura fan. There has to be at least one Honda/Acura in my house.

I would have continue to wait for a better RL (after the announced V8 RWD RL was axed), but the crappy tranny on my 2G was about to fail back then. So I had to settle for the best Acura available at the time, which was the 4G TL-Elite.

The reason why I "lambasted" is because I want Acura to release better and more powerful engines, I want the Acura brand to flourish, and I want Acura to become class leaders.

Three words : "I love Acura". I want Acura to build better and high-desirable products.

It's like father/son or teacher/student relationship, with me being the father or teacher, and Acura being the son or student.

I'll never give up on Acura. I'll continue to buy Acura products. But I'll also continue to feedback to Acura which areas it need to improve on (V6 engine output is at the topmost on my list), in order to fight it's way going upscale.

The NSX replacement was originally canceled by Honda ex-president Takeo Fukui. But after Takanobu Ito becomes new president, he turns all Fukui's plans upside down. Ito even brings back out the NSX program for possible production.

So who knows. Maybe the next Honda president will start back up whatever programs Ito has canceled. The V8 and RWD programs may, some time in the future, come back alive for a top-end Acura sedan too.

I have the patience, and I'll continue to feedback to Acura what's not up to par and what's lagging behind.

By the way, you've been here for long, but you never disclose what you drive. Any reason why ?
The following 3 users liked this post by Edward'TLS:
Costco (05-27-2012), phile (05-26-2012), vybzkartel (05-27-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
The reason why I "lambasted" is because I want Acura to release better and more powerful engines, I want the Acura brand to flourish, and I want Acura to become class leaders.

Three words : "I love Acura". I want Acura to build better and high-desirable products.

I'll never give up on Acura. I'll continue to buy Acura products. But I'll also continue to feedback to Acura which areas it need to improve on (V6 engine output is at the topmost on my list), in order to fight it's way going upscale.

The NSX replacement was originally canceled by Honda ex-president Takeo Fukui. But after Takanobu Ito becomes new president, he turns all Fukui's plans upside down. Ito even brings back out the NSX program for possible production.

I have the patience, and I'll continue to feedback to Acura what's not up to par and what's lagging behind.
this is the difference between this site and TOV with posters like VTEC Racer and that Invisible character who banned himself because he didn't have the willpower to control his emotions. We are fans, but we're not blindly loyal fans.
The following users liked this post:
Costco (05-27-2012)
Old 05-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Honda Fanboy

I told you before I'm a diehard Honda/Acura fan. There has to be at least one Honda/Acura in my house.

I would have continue to wait for a better RL (after the announced V8 RWD RL was axed), but the crappy tranny on my 2G was about to fail back then. So I had to settle for the best Acura available at the time, which was the 4G TL-Elite.

It's like father/son or teacher/student relationship, with me being the father or teacher, and Acura being the son or student.

So who knows. Maybe the next Honda president will start back up whatever programs Ito has canceled. The V8 and RWD programs may, some time in the future, come back alive for a top-end Acura sedan too.

By the way, you've been here for long, but you never disclose what you drive. Any reason why ?
It's nice that you are such a Honda fan but at the same time it's confusing. You're such a huge fan but you continually criticize the brand for not offering things that go completely against the Honda philosophy. I just don't understand which prior Honda product(s) has created such a "large demand" for V8 and RWD from the brand. How does one go from worshiping FWD Honda's with mostly 4 cylinders (which is what most of the people here drove when they first got their taste of the brand) to all of a sudden demanding V8's and RWD from a car company that has never had such a combination?

I can see where your complaints about the J series come from when in comparison to the rough, inefficient, and loud VQ, but when the max power output of the J series is within a few horsepower among 90% of the other cars in it's class, it just seems like you're spitting in the wind. Honestly, aside for the 2nd gen TL-S, and only for a limited time, when was Acura EVER the leader in the HP wars? It's confusing as hell when people want the brand to be something it has never been.

I don't disclose my cars because 1.) most people here probably wouldn't believe me 2.) what's the point? It would probably make people here more confused than anything. I'll tell you what though, the last Honda I owned was back in 2005 and it was an S2000.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by phile
this is the difference between this site and TOV with posters like VTEC Racer and that Invisible character who banned himself because he didn't have the willpower to control his emotions. We are fans, but we're not blindly loyal fans.
LOL speaking of blind...
Old 05-27-2012, 09:25 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
My guess? VTEC Racer actually drives a Sonata for his commute and has an LS460 in the garage.

That's why nobody will believe him.
The following 2 users liked this post by Costco:
civicdrivr (05-27-2012), phile (05-28-2012)
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by Costco
My guess? VTEC Racer actually drives a Sonata for his commute and has an LS460 in the garage.

That's why nobody will believe him.
LOL You've got the right idea.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe

i can't muster anything more than a "meh" for the ilx.
+1
Old 05-28-2012, 11:21 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I can see where Edward is coming from.....kinda reminds me of my dad when I was still in school...where getting 90% is not good enough....and I'd still get grounded for not getting 100%.

Edward, what color is your TL? I wonder if I've seen your car on the road before.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
It's nice that you are such a Honda fan but at the same time it's confusing. You're such a huge fan but you continually criticize the brand for not offering things that go completely against the Honda philosophy. I just don't understand which prior Honda product(s) has created such a "large demand" for V8 and RWD from the brand. How does one go from worshiping FWD Honda's with mostly 4 cylinders (which is what most of the people here drove when they first got their taste of the brand) to all of a sudden demanding V8's and RWD from a car company that has never had such a combination?

I can see where your complaints about the J series come from when in comparison to the rough, inefficient, and loud VQ, but when the max power output of the J series is within a few horsepower among 90% of the other cars in it's class, it just seems like you're spitting in the wind. Honestly, aside for the 2nd gen TL-S, and only for a limited time, when was Acura EVER the leader in the HP wars? It's confusing as hell when people want the brand to be something it has never been.
Fair argument. Problem is the V8 & RWD and HP points are the only 2 things you're right about. There are a laundry list of other complaints about Honda/Acura that can't be addressed by the "They were never that type of company to begin with" defense.

And granted Honda will shortly be addressing most of the other complaints with ED, RL NSX etc.... But it took awhile didn't it. And there are still a bunch of holes in the lineup and vehicles that nobody asked for so I still see a bunch of problems with the brands.
The following 2 users liked this post by dom:
civicdrivr (05-28-2012), ttribe (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 100 Posts
For better or worse, one of the things about honda that people love is that the total package is above the sum of its parts... Honda has never been about the gimmickry of winning the 'spec battles'

You drive a honda and you realize its well put together, smartly engineered, efficient, and achieves its purpose extrodinarily well. I'm not an engineer, but I've always understood it to be a passion of finding the simplest best solutions to difficult questions.

I think people have conflicting expectations of what they want a car to be. There are tradeoffs to power vs economy, handling vs comfort.

FWD delivers 90% of power to the wheels, RWD/AWD is 80% or less... Better power from a dig vs better efficiency...once again, tradeoffs...

Its all about what attributes you want the car to have. Winning a spec battle doesn't mean its a better car. For example: Peak HP in an automatic car is less useful than in a manual you can ride out. For the VAST majority of people that drive as life requires them between 0-80 mph, i think arguing over tenths of seconds in 1/4 mile times for 3700+ lbs sedans laughable... They trade ride comfort for the rare occasion to punch it too fast through a steep curve. To each their own.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
I have mentioned before. Honda cannot afford V8 sedan unless it make full size global V8 SUV like Nissan Patrol/Toyota Landcruiser so several thousand V8 can be assembled per month.
Just Infiniti QX56 V8 sales are avging 1000 per month. so it can afford V8 in M56.
Just look at wheel travel for 6000lbs SUV. Alot of investment and experiance behind such capability.

MTEAZY (05-31-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Race Director

Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Old 05-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Race Director

Like any meaningful % of people will opt for the 6MT
Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
The Split Screen Commercial......so basically it means that one side of you thinks the car is an Acura "near-lux" vehicle while the other side of you thinks it's just a Honda Civic?
civicdrivr (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Race Director

^
Old 06-03-2012, 03:02 AM
6G TLX-S

Honda and Acura are two different entities.

V8 and RWD may be against the Honda (economy brand) philosophy, but they are in no way against the Acura (premium brand) philosophy. These are crucial elements that set apart economy brands and successful premium brands, namely Toyota/Lexus, VW/Audi, etc.

A couple years back when Takeo Fukui was still president of Honda, he started both the V8 and the RWD programs to be used on future Acura vehicles (and not Honda vehicles). So which Acura philosophy is against the use of V8 and RWD ? It was the global meltdown and not the Acura philosophy that eventually killed the V8 and the RWD programs.

Please remember that when the Acura brand was launched 25 years ago, Honda Motor Co. wanted Acura to challenge the European luxury brands. I just don't see why Acura can't have V8 and RWD to challenge, when all European luxury brands already have them for long.

It's true that I started off as a 4-cylinder FWD worshiper. I grow up, and I aim higher. I make more money, I want better Acura products. Now I want V8 and RWD. What's the problem ? Acura said it would offer V8/RWD sedans, did it not ?

The Acura 2G TL-S was once hp leader of it's class, and so had been the Acura Integra-Type-R and RSX-Type-S. But even if never been the hp leader doesn't mean Acura should never be one. One thing for sure, Acura had been one, it had been there before, and it sure can do it again.

It isn't confusing as hell when people want the brand to be something it has never been. Auto technologies never stop improving. Auto technologies never stop advancing.

Only if customers demand the Acura brand to be something it has never been, and to offer something it has never made before; will the Acura brand be successful, be desirable, be famous, and become better and more upscale.

However, it is people like you who resist changes (for the good), who want the brand as is, and who don't desire some class leader products (e.g., hp output); that seal the fate of the Acura brand to what it is now, which is stagnant and is stuck in the same class recognition as 25 years ago when the brand was initially launched.

Acura needs changes. Acura needs breakthroughs.

Currently the Acura brand has no upgrade path for customers who want to upgrade to a more premium sedan ($50+K) above the TL level. The RL just doesn't cut it for Acura, without the V8 engine option that all other $50+K luxury European sedans have.

The 4G TL is a very good sport sedan. All it needs is another 30 or so more hp. Then it would have been perfect. The V6 output is Acura's weakest department, when compared to the industry's best V6's. What's the problem asking Acura to build more powerful V6 engines ? What's the problem wanting Acura to become a better Acura brand ? What's the problem telling Acura the areas it need to improve on ?

Umm, I just don't see why I have to explain and justify my auto purchase and my views to someone who keeps challenging my purchase decision and who refuses to even disclose his cars, let alone to justify his purchases.
The following 5 users liked this post by Edward'TLS:
civicdrivr (06-03-2012), dom (06-03-2012), Hapa DC5 (06-03-2012), pttl (06-03-2012), vybzkartel (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 AM
'07 TL Type-S

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
Might be kinda harsh....
It's a pretty good looking car. Better than the TL. But it sorta looks like a cross between a Corolla and a Civic. The look just looks uninspired and I feel like it would just blend with other cars. Not for me. It just seems like it's in an odd place in between luxury..... and not luxury. But that's the market they're going after. I think it will pull decent sales but will most likely go downhill after a while. I know there is a market for the ILX, but I just don't know if people will choose it over it's competitors. I'm not buying the whole entry level luxury spin they are trying to put on it either. I feel like the people who will like this car will also like cars like the Cruze/Civic/Corolla, and I don't see much that would make a person choose this over one of those. Not to mention an entry level Acura is a Honda... lol.

Like I said, it may appeal to people at first, but I imagine it will slowly fade away in terms of sales and appeal.

Last edited by Healingduck; 06-03-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM
6G TLX-S

I can see where Edward is coming from.....kinda reminds me of my dad when I was still in school...where getting 90% is not good enough....and I'd still get grounded for not getting 100%.

Edward, what color is your TL? I wonder if I've seen your car on the road before.
This is human nature. Use some Porsche enthusiasts as an example, even if they bought the 500hp 911 GT3 RS, they'll still want more hp. Thus the Ruf outfit that specialized in tuning Porsche vehicles.

My TL is silver, with factory body kit. I roam around in Richmond mostly.

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
I have mentioned before. Honda cannot afford V8 sedan unless it make full size global V8 SUV like Nissan Patrol/Toyota Landcruiser so several thousand V8 can be assembled per month.
Just Infiniti QX56 V8 sales are avging 1000 per month. so it can afford V8 in M56.
Just look at wheel travel for 6000lbs SUV. Alot of investment and experiance behind such capability.
The V8 can eventually be shared with the NSX, MDX, another model above MDX, and another model above RL.

The V8 will be a money burner initially. It's purpose is not to make money. It's purpose is to add the much needed upscale and hi-performance images to the Acura brand and it's vehicles. It is to be used as an excellent marketing tool to boost the Acura brand image. It is to allow the $50K RL sedan to stay competitive in the auto industry.

Nothing comes free. Marketing a product requires money, and more so for marketing an entire product brand.

After the Acura brand is finally established as a recognized luxury brand, then it can successfully sell cars priced at $50K and beyond, thereby making even more money than ever and even recoup all the V8 development cost too.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:39 PM

After the Acura brand is finally established as a recognized luxury brand, then it can successfully sell cars priced at $50K and beyond, thereby making even more money than ever and even recoup all the V8 development cost too.
Indeed, one need only look at BMW with respect to the 528. $50k+ for a turbo charged 4-cyl now. Why? Because it's a "5-series" and the range pulls up the collective prestige.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Race Director

All of this clamor for a V8 is about 5+ years too late. Let's admit it, the tree huggers have won and virtually no maker will be developing a new V8 for a sedan/coupe, The RWD is no longer needed either since Audi doesn't have it and sells just fine around the world.

Acura's recent problem is not drivetrains or platforms - it's styling and a sense of direction.

Quick Reply: Acura: ILX News