Is everyone ready for the Type S Concept? (Reveal Pics Page 5)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:15 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
That’s because early Acura’s were all rebadged Hondas. Acura didn’t start diverging from Honda until the 2000s. Even then there was still rebadging going on; the TSX was a rebadged EDM Accord.
The good thing is that they're cheaper to maintain as a result.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:28 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
That’s because early Acura’s were all rebadged Hondas. Acura didn’t start diverging from Honda until the 2000s. Even then there was still rebadging going on; the TSX was a rebadged EDM Accord.
NSX and RLX are still Hondas outside of North America. They have stopped exporting RLX from Japan but Honda Legend is still on sale there.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
One of the problems with the NSX is that Honda/Acura gave the public a car they wanted to make and not the car the public wanted. They wanted the NSX to be "green", but didn't make it at least a plug-in hybrid. On top of this, they gave it a bespoke race engine that gets no better fuel economy as Its competitors, and emits just as much emissions. The NSX is the "what could have been" supercar. The RDX is stylish, but dynamically middle of the pack imo. At least it seems like they listened to the wants for this upcoming TLX. Yes they could have gone rear wheel drive, but that would be at the expense of packaging and interior volume I guess.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by high-cam
One of the problems with the NSX is that Honda/Acura gave the public a car they wanted to make and not the car the public wanted. They wanted the NSX to be "green", but didn't make it at least a plug-in hybrid. On top of this, they gave it a bespoke race engine that gets no better fuel economy as Its competitors, and emits just as much emissions. The NSX is the "what could have been" supercar. The RDX is stylish, but dynamically middle of the pack imo. At least it seems like they listened to the wants for this upcoming TLX. Yes they could have gone rear wheel drive, but that would be at the expense of packaging and interior volume I guess.

Rear wheel drive? At that point, is that even a TLX anymore?
Old 07-08-2020, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Its funny how so many people talk up Kias, Hyundai's etc, but when the time comes to cut the check.............
Sure a Kia optima/K5 looks nice in pics, but how does it actually drive? My brother in law has a late model Optima, it does not drive or feel like my older, higher mileage TLX. I'd compare it to the Accord, and still say it is was really lacking.
Its a nice looking car with great options, and its nice to sit in at first glance, but to drive? The coarseness of the engine, the steering, the fit and finish, I'd pick a less optioned Accord.
The price of admission for the Optima was much, much lower.........but of course, so will the resale value when the time comes. That's a pretty huge negative with the Korean marks which is again another thing people think about when it comes actual time to cut that check.

The Stinger was also supposed to be the car that slayed the TLX, and many other luxury cars. Its a great car, looks nice, drives great, but now sadly it could even be a 1 and done model.
It's still a great buy as the discounts are insane, they are practically giving them away, especially if you are holding onto it long term, and don't care about resale value.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:28 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Its funny how so many people talk up Kias, Hyundai's etc, but when the time comes to cut the check.............
Sure a Kia optima/K5 looks nice in pics, but how does it actually drive? My brother in law has a late model Optima, it does not drive or feel like my older, higher mileage TLX. I'd compare it to the Accord, and still say it is was really lacking.
Its a nice looking car with great options, and its nice to sit in at first glance, but to drive? The coarseness of the engine, the steering, the fit and finish, I'd pick a less optioned Accord.
The price of admission for the Optima was much, much lower.........but of course, so will the resale value when the time comes. That's a pretty huge negative with the Korean marks which is again another thing people think about when it comes actual time to cut that check.

The Stinger was also supposed to be the car that slayed the TLX, and many other luxury cars. Its a great car, looks nice, drives great, but now sadly it could even be a 1 and done model.
It's still a great buy as the discounts are insane, they are practically giving them away, especially if you are holding onto it long term, and don't care about resale value.
Sopt on. I like the Kias but they just seem like any other car, Ford Fusion, Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200. Really, they drive like rental cars. Nothing special, IMO. They are pretty reliable however.

I just wanted some of that "Old Honda Magic" if you know what I mean.

I really understand your POV on this one.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by MSZ
NSX and RLX are still Hondas outside of North America. They have stopped exporting RLX from Japan but Honda Legend is still on sale there.

This....Unlike Lexus models which launched around the globe as Lexus models, Acura never launched outside of North America, so the cars were always Hondas since the beginning. Integras, NSX, Legends, and the other sedans which had different names in the US market were all Hondas everywhere except North America for the most part.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Null and proud of it

This....Unlike Lexus models which launched around the globe as Lexus models, Acura never launched outside of North America, so the cars were always Hondas since the beginning. Integras, NSX, Legends, and the other sedans which had different names in the US market were all Hondas everywhere except North America for the most part.

Kia is doing here what Honda did globally. Making cars like the K9 and K5 in the US under the same badge as the basic Forte.

Say, like the Honda Legend and Honda City.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:01 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts

You simply NAILED it!

I have friends as well that keep praising Genesis and Kia vehicles but they either drive Japanese or German cars. When I ask them why don't you get a Kia Stinger or Genesis G70. The answer I get: "Man it's super nice car but...." But F*** what? Go get one and be proud of driving a $45-50K Stinger

Of course not, they just like to praise the car but they will never cut a check of $45-$50K+. God forbid...it will ruin their image that they are driving Koreans. Anyway, you said it well. For me all Korean cars are comparable to Nissan products. I rather buy an Accord Turbo or Mazda 6 rather than a Kia Stinger, G70 or K5. But I must say the Koreans must be very proud of themselves by producing cars like K5, Genesis and Stinger. These are huge achievements. I won't take that away from them. I wish all car manufacturing including Acura learns how to scale and grow the business. I will never insult anyone driving one. But we all have our own opinions and we gotta respect others.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Midnight Mystery (07-08-2020), Mr Hyde (07-09-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
I'm very curious to see the sales numbers once the new TLX is released. If the number is only slightly higher that current numbers, could mean it's missing something. In correlation to other models too to be fair of course. If the K5 doubled but the TLX only saw a 10% increase, you can't really say the driving dynamics alone affected it.

Remember when Tesla came out, nobody really wanted or trusted them. I think the Koreans are slowly changing that logo stigma and will make Japanese work harder. Mind you, Toyota gave up on the IS and Nissan is barely keeping Infiniti alive.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:52 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
Not exactly, when launched Acura was just North America but in last couple decades have expanded into five countries now (USA, Mexico, Canada, China, and Kuiwatt)

And today all Acura models but the NSX and RLX are exclusively Acura's which use derived platforms from other Honda models but they are not rebadged Honda's
The dropped RLX and NSX are both Honda (Legend for RLX) badged cars as well.

The above is also mostly true for Lexus, but Lexus has more exclusive chassi/platforms that exclusive to Lexus (i.e. LS)

Last edited by Legend2TL; 07-08-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
I'm very curious to see the sales numbers once the new TLX is released. If the number is only slightly higher that current numbers, could mean it's missing something. In correlation to other models too to be fair of course. If the K5 doubled but the TLX only saw a 10% increase, you can't really say the driving dynamics alone affected it.

Remember when Tesla came out, nobody really wanted or trusted them. I think the Koreans are slowly changing that logo stigma and will make Japanese work harder. Mind you, Toyota gave up on the IS and Nissan is barely keeping Infiniti alive.
Considering sales trends for sedans, slightly higher could be a huge success. Who knows.
Not sure why you keep comparing to the K5, if a new civic comes out and doubles its sales, but the K5 sales go up 10% what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Tesla was the new "It" thing right out of the gate with the Model S as a high end car that many people wanted, but not everyone could afford. I never got the impression that nobody wanted a Model S, but trust was definitely an issue, as was the price. It was the top spec iphone if you will at the time, and many people wanted one. There is no other car launching out there now that can be compared to the unique position Tesla was in 5-10 years ago, not the germans, the japanese, and definitely not the Koreans.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Not exactly, when launched Acura was just North America but in last couple decades have expanded into five countries now (USA, Mexico, Canada, China, and Kuiwatt)

And today all Acura models but the NSX and RLX are exclusively Acura's which use derived platforms from other Honda models but they are not rebadged Honda's

The above is also mostly true for Lexus, but Lexus has more exclusive chassi/platforms that exclusive to Lexus (i.e. LS).
All I talked about was the use of the name Acura, and Lexus back when they launched. Yes they have now expanded, but back in the late 80's, Honda decided to launch Acura as a North America only brand while Toyota decided to launch Lexus worldwide.I guess I didn't phrase it well, but I agree 100% with everything you said, and didn't mean to imply anything different

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 07-08-2020 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:22 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by Legend2TL

The above is also mostly true for Lexus, but Lexus has more exclusive chassi/platforms that exclusive to Lexus (i.e. LS)

Funny how the two most expensive Acuras are the ones that are rebadged Hondas.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
I think the TLX DWB, better proportions and road presence should be a enough to seperate it from mainstream products. Have had several Kia's as rentals and they all drove like crap, some with low miles had a common knock felt in steering wheel and dont think their interior hold up in the long run. I'm no fan boy by any means but I have been hearing for years how Kia and Hyundai will topple Honda still waiting. Nothing here to see, Genesis however; may be a different story.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:31 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Yeah, I find it weird that people who have moved on from Acura to a German brand are here posting about KIA which they will never purchase and post about it in the Type S thread. I guess things have slowed down. Any bets when Acura will be ready to share the specs/pricing???
The following 3 users liked this post by dmski:
a35tl (07-08-2020), F23A4 (07-13-2020), Tony Pac (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski
Yeah, I find it weird that people who have moved on from Acura to a German brand are here posting about KIA which they will never purchase and post about it in the Type S thread. I guess things have slowed down. Any bets when Acura will be ready to share the specs/pricing???
February.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
You simply NAILED it!

I have friends as well that keep praising Genesis and Kia vehicles but they either drive Japanese or German cars. When I ask them why don't you get a Kia Stinger or Genesis G70. The answer I get: "Man it's super nice car but...." But F*** what? Go get one and be proud of driving a $45-50K Stinger

Of course not, they just like to praise the car but they will never cut a check of $45-$50K+. God forbid...it will ruin their image that they are driving Koreans. Anyway, you said it well. For me all Korean cars are comparable to Nissan products. I rather buy an Accord Turbo or Mazda 6 rather than a Kia Stinger, G70 or K5. But I must say the Koreans must be very proud of themselves by producing cars like K5, Genesis and Stinger. These are huge achievements. I won't take that away from them. I wish all car manufacturing including Acura learns how to scale and grow the business. I will never insult anyone driving one. But we all have our own opinions and we gotta respect others.
Raises his hand & wrote a check for a Genesis R-Spec Coupe.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-08-2020 at 06:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
04WDPSeDaN (07-09-2020), pyrodan007 (07-09-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 07:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 536 Likes on 345 Posts
I'm confused by some of the comments here. So you can't acknowledge that Kia and Hyundai make nice cars and are headed in the right direction unless you own one? What has steered me away to date has been their dealerships but fix that...

It's very telling to me that both Kia and Hyundai [Genesis] are now suddenly real competitors to Acura. Acura would be foolish not to take notice of this and plan accordingly. The fact that numerous loyal Acura owners now have to think twice (whether they want to admit it or not) is pretty remarkable considering how long Honda and Acura have been around and how loyal their fan base can be. And I put myself in this category, as I have had in my households one Civic, two Accords, two Acuras.

The car game has changed immensely and even your lower tier/run of the mill cars are becoming pretty damn cool machines thanks to technology and features. I just look at the Accord Touring and a few other makes and models and you get a lot for the money. If Acura doesn't fix its ridiculous packages and keep up with the technology it will be left behind, period. I'm really looking forward to the finished product here with this TLX and that will be very telling.
The following 3 users liked this post by ESHBG:
04WDPSeDaN (07-09-2020), Nedmundo (07-09-2020), pyrodan007 (07-09-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 07:28 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
@Midnight Mystery I don't see why not. All things equal a rear wheel drive chassis is superior to a front wheel drive chassis for driving dynamics, let alone a fwd one with the engine mounted transversely. I would love to hear why they didn't go this route for "Precision Crafted Performance", but I digress.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:30 PM
Null and proud of it

@Midnight Mystery I don't see why not. All things equal a rear wheel drive chassis is superior to a front wheel drive chassis for driving dynamics, let alone a fwd one with the engine mounted transversely. I would love to hear why they didn't go this route for "Precision Crafted Performance", but I digress.

It's more of a Honda makes fun to drive FWD cars. Not complaining if they do have a RWD sedan on the market though. It's just Honda was a pioneer in making fun to drive FWD cars.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Feature Layout

Came across this on a IG page today. Sure to spark of some more starting price points debate.

Features List
The following 2 users liked this post by B1ackAlloy:
JeffS (07-08-2020), Legend2TL (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 02:03 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Current AWD 2.9L V6 A-Spec TLX is $45k without any options. Next gen will probably be slightly more expensive. Say $47k. So, Advance will be $48-50k. Type S will be a in the mid-50k range like I predicted.
04WDPSeDaN (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 02:08 AM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by leomio85
current awd 2.9l v6 a-spec tlx is $45k without any options. Next gen will probably be slightly more expensive. Say $47k. So, advance will be $48-50k. Type s will be a in the mid-50k range like i predicted.
2.9?
Old 07-09-2020, 05:44 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
2.9?
I had one specially made in a Japanese factory. Hehe.

2.9L. 290HP. I dunno, I'm working the night shift, cut me some slack, lol.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:43 AM
AZ Community Team

All I talked about was the use of the name Acura, and Lexus back when they launched. Yes they have now expanded, but back in the late 80's, Honda decided to launch Acura as a North America only brand while Toyota decided to launch Lexus worldwide.I guess I didn't phrase it well, but I agree 100% with everything you said, and didn't mean to imply anything different
+1 , my bad as after I reread what you wrote I understand what you meant.

My new g/f in 86 (now my wife) wanted a new car so I encouraged her to look at the Acura's as I'm a long time Honda fanboi. (I had a '86 Prelude Si and '85 VF500F)
She wound up getting a blue 5 door Integra LS 5MT, we had it for ~20 years and 240K miles til we donated it. Great fun car to drive and very dependable, Lotta memories in it.
Our two daughters wished we kept it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
Nedmundo (07-09-2020), neuronbob (07-18-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 07:14 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Current AWD 2.9L V6 A-Spec TLX is $45k without any options. Next gen will probably be slightly more expensive. Say $47k. So, Advance will be $48-50k. Type S will be a in the mid-50k range like I predicted.

As MOST predicted. That's a lot of coin for your average Acura buyer.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:30 AM
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by B1ackAlloy
Came across this on a IG page today. Sure to spark of some more starting price points debate.

Features List
Oh well 40 series tires across all versions-non starter for me with the terrible road conditions on more and more of this country's ill maintained roads. Come on Acura 40 series for A Spec and Type S -OK on the Advance too? Why?
acuranj18 (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 08:14 AM
AZ Community Team

Probably will never happen, a Acura exec made the statement ~5 years ago they will continue to use mostly Honda platforms which are modified for Acura purposes.
Acura is going the Audi approach FWD/AWD based drivetrains with Honda's front transverse engine using FWD or SH-AWD for the drivetrains with NSX being the obvious exception.

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
It's more of a Honda makes fun to drive FWD cars. Not complaining if they do have a RWD sedan on the market though. It's just Honda was a pioneer in making fun to drive FWD cars.
+1, the 3G TL 6MT is alot of fun to drive.
There was a RWD attempt for some Acura test mules a decade ago but after those sightings there has not been much seen since.
I'm guessing it's alot cheaper to reuse those platforms and make them AWD vs. a dedicated RWD product line.

Suspect it's also a long term mute point as EV will be much easier to adapt the drivetrain for FWD, RWD, or AWD.
Drivetrain packaging is so much easier in a EV compared to a ICE.
Guessing the 1st Acura EV will launch in ~4-5 years

Last edited by Legend2TL; 07-09-2020 at 08:29 AM.
high-cam (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 08:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 279 Posts

Features List

Remote start should standard across the board. If a $22k Civic Sport can have remote start standard, a $35k Acura should have it standard. Good thing they made the Apple CarPlay/Android Auto standard on the base. Glad the SH-AWD is an option on all trims. BSD should be standard across all trims. Acura and other luxury brands need to take a page from Honda. $28k and I have Honda Sensing with BSM and Cross Traffic Alert. Why can't my $35k Acura have that standard? The rest of it looks great to me feature wise.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
As MOST predicted. That's a lot of coin for your average Acura buyer.
Pricing might not be as bad as I originally thought looking at it again. If they peg it at 37k to start and then it maxes out at 48k in USD is pretty solid. Top out right at 48k gives them a reason to still put the Type S right under the start price M340i at 53k. Could be wrong but Acura needs to stop being so secretive about the damn price already.

Last edited by B1ackAlloy; 07-09-2020 at 08:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by B1ackAlloy:
04WDPSeDaN (07-09-2020), pyrodan007 (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 08:55 AM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
55k for a Type S that won’t have all the advance model features……. I really hope they add all of it and more then it will be worth it. I read some where they added a color heads up display at least that’s better.
neuronbob (07-18-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Based on those specs, would bet money the trims will be different in Canada. No way you have to get the top version for heated rear seats and wheel. And I find it stupid tech has 13 speakers but Aspec has 17. Same for wireless charging. Why call it tech at this point. That packaging is weird, that's the problem when you don't offer logical options to add.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 07-09-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dmski
People must have short term memory. Remember when the TLX 1.0 with the 2.4 engine only made 206hp and 182 lb-ft yet people said it was a good luxurious fun to drive car. The K5 has 180 hp and 195 lb-ft and more tech features. So just because it's a Kia completely negates it from an Acura. Ok. Acura's servicing has not been the best from the ZF9 ordeal so both are a wash.
The Type-S will be a low volume car, people will stick with the basics and that's how Acura will make money.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:04 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Pricing might not be as bad as I originally thought looking at it again. If they peg it at 37k to start and then it maxes out at 48k in USD is pretty solid. Top out right at 48k gives them a reason to still put the Type S right under the start price M340i at 53k. Could be wrong but Acura needs to stop being so secretive about the damn price already.

You're right. I'm guessing that the Type-s will start about 45-47K and will every single option / package will top at around 53-55K. It's only a wild guess, but it's about where most think the numbers will end up. The Type-s will still be a low production vehicle. Acura's real focus will be on the base model and as a wild guess the A-spec and Advance trims will be the bigger sellers.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 536 Likes on 345 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadow2056
Remote start should standard across the board. If a $22k Civic Sport can have remote start standard, a $35k Acura should have it standard. Good thing they made the Apple CarPlay/Android Auto standard on the base. Glad the SH-AWD is an option on all trims. BSD should be standard across all trims. Acura and other luxury brands need to take a page from Honda. $28k and I have Honda Sensing with BSM and Cross Traffic Alert. Why can't my $35k Acura have that standard? The rest of it looks great to me feature wise.
Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Based on those specs, would bet money the trims will be different in Canada. No way you have to get the top version for heated rear seats and wheel. And I find it stupid tech has 13 speakers but Aspec has 17. Same for wireless charging. Why call it tech at this point. That packaging is weird, that's the problem when you don't offer logical options to add.
Acura's trim levels are maddening to me and here we go again; you'd think with a whole new car they would change things up a bit but nah.
Shadow2056 (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 11:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Raises his hand & wrote a check for a Genesis R-Spec Coupe.
For a family member, not yourself....Seems you haven't traded in your 4 series on a Kia yet.....
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
F23A4 (07-13-2020), Shadow2056 (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts
I hope you all know that the new TLX is actually Rear-Wheel Drive biased for their SH-AWD. It says so in the press release.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Acura's real focus will be on the base model and as a wild guess the A-spec and Advance trims will be the bigger sellers.
This. The Type-S is a halo that's meant to draw buyers into the showrooms. Once they get there, and after doing a bit of mental gymnastics, most will rationalize that the regular model is a better fit for them. While the Type-S is the one they want, the A-Spec is good enough and makes more financial sense. And frankly, Acura has cut their teeth on being good enough while undercutting the competiton. Given that most Acura buyers are going to be on a budget (let's be honest, if money is no object they would be looking at one of the Germans), the better value for the regular TLX models will likely win out in their minds. The Type-S just has to wow journalists and reviewers in terms of performance and driving; even if it's optioned poorly (i.e. can't be equipped with the Advance options), I doubt automotive journalists will care that much and will still give it rave reviews for how it drives. And even if it doesn't sell all that well, it can still be a win for Acura if a decent amount of incremental TLX sales can be attributed to just the existence of the Type-S.

Last edited by fiatlux; 07-09-2020 at 11:26 AM.
04WDPSeDaN (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Given the low volume the Type S will push I believe they will option it with all the goodies at one price. Pricing might be knocking at its German counterparts but hey potential buyer you have all the options included here in one final price a d hopefully fingers crossed the performance is on par or better.......

Quick Reply: Is everyone ready for the Type S Concept? (Reveal Pics Page 5)