Is everyone ready for the Type S Concept? (Reveal Pics Page 5)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 09:11 AM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by internalaudit
Anyone know the advantage of the longer hood, with an increase of 7.8 inches? Is this getting a Frunk?

It's amazing how removing the dual display made the center console / dashboard look so much nicer. Even on the 9th gen Accord, it looked more odd than just slapping the infotainment screen to align with the line of sight.
They need more room for the new front suspension setup and the new turbo V6. Plus the increase space between the front axle and the dash to create a more traditional sport sedan proportion.
The following users liked this post:
internalaudit (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:15 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Waiting for more leaked pictures today

1PM EST!!!

Be ready guys!
The following 5 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), CollinR4 (05-27-2020), djhtsx (05-27-2020), internalaudit (05-27-2020), Jiten Patel (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Hopefully of the vehicle and not someone on Zoom lol.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Waiting for more leaked pictures today

1PM EST!!!

Be ready guys!
I thought the reveal is tomorrow at 1PM EST, not today.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lower than a 3 Series, wider than a 7 Series, and I assume the same length as the current TLX. It'll definitely have unique proportions, no doubt the Type S is going to look amazing in the flesh. But I'm not sure It'll have the handling balance of the Alfa, BMW, or Genesis though. Hoping the V6 is something special to make up for that. They mention low end torque but I hope it doesn't have a power curve like a diesel and its worth taking to redline.
Can't wait till tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:42 AM
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexx
I love Acura clients... they want everything... but dont want to pay for it.
I'm not sure where that is proven. Asking the car to have updated technology just like all the other luxury brands isn't a big ask. Acura could have easily made it an add on option similar to Mercedes or something. If people are financing a car that is worth 40k+, they want to know it will last. Can you imagine what those gauges will be like in a few years and what all the other brands will be doing?
The following 3 users liked this post by stevenpsu:
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), BGR (05-27-2020), pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
^ I agree, that's why Acura has base models and advanced trims. As long as the option is there, some will pay
The problem with Acura is unlocking new features in the future with current models, they just take too longer to refresh stuff.

I hope the redesigned MDX doesn't have a digital dash, would be a complete disconnect with model updates in Acura's lineup. Same stupid decision to not include hybrid in old TLX, not like people are using it to tow.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 05-27-2020 at 11:24 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by pyrodan007:
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), internalaudit (05-27-2020), stevenpsu (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:45 AM
BGR
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by pyrodan007
^ I agree, that's why Acura has base models and advanced trims. As long as the option is there, some will pay
The problem with Acura is unlocking new features in the future with current models, they just take too longer to refresh stuff.

I hope the redesigned MDX doesn't have a digital dash, would be a complete disconnect with model updates in Acura's lineup. Same stupid decision to not include hybrid in old TLX, not like people are using it to tow.

The MDX will have it and it's been seen in the spy photos already.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BGR
The MDX will have it and it's been seen in the spy photos already.
This makes it even a dumber decision to skip it on the TLX. Why redesign a sedan, in a market that isn't good already, and leave out a top feature that will make it stand out? Another issue, if the TLX doesn't get it and the MDX does, will the TLX get it next year? Both the TLX and the MDX should get it and then the Rdx can get it for the refresh year.
The following 2 users liked this post by stevenpsu:
BGR (05-27-2020), pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:51 AM
Racer

Could be the leaked photos are fake.

No wonder the various sites didn't get any cease and desist take-down orders.

We will know tomorrow for sure.
pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by stevenpsu
This makes it even a dumber decision to skip it on the TLX. Why redesign a sedan, in a market that isn't good already, and leave out a top feature that will make it stand out? Another issue, if the TLX doesn't get it and the MDX does, will the TLX get it next year? Both the TLX and the MDX should get it and then the Rdx can get it for the refresh year.
Especially that the TLX is now the "MDX" of Acura in the sedan department with the RLX going away, something about being more premium
stevenpsu (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:56 AM
Advanced

Could be. I am hoping they didn't add it in to the dealership presentations because they knew that would be leaked regardless. Another person mentioned they didn't mention any of the tech in the reveal to the dealers yesterday, they just focused on design and a few stats about the car. Here's hoping.
internalaudit (05-27-2020), pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 12:04 PM
BGR
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 95 Posts

They're not fake. Acura had a reveal to dealers yesterday at 2pm and it wasn't just management. They knew these would leak and its all part of the hype.

Thats why they didn't leak any specifics about new technology etc, which I'm sure they'll cover tomorrow.

One interesting thing is there are two type s wheels and one type S interior photo shows a type s wheels without a heated steering wheel and less buttons than the advance. I'm wondering if they will have two type s trims.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:41 PM
Racer

Could the actual car (maybe not the Type S) been test driven already and there's just an embargo on the write-ups? I'm also curious about what the car journalists thinks about the new TLX.

Or will this happen some time in the not so near future, like when the lock down ends?

Last edited by internalaudit; 05-27-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Alrights guys here is the early info before the reveal tomorrow. The car will have 272 horsepower and 280 torque and 10 speed automatic just like the RDX so its going to be amazing. Just like the pictures have been leaked those are from the dealer reveal. It looks like all the models will have adjustable suspension and also individual mode which is great you can adjust it and set a individual mode with the steering suspension and engine so thats great. They didnt talk horsepower yet on the type S or pricing so that will be revealed closer to when the car gets released to the dealers. also a type S exclusive color is the tiger eye paint.
The following 2 users liked this post by aspec1:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (05-27-2020), internalaudit (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 01:41 PM
Racer

Tony Pac buying a VPN service before sharing more photos? It's 2:40 pm already.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BGR
They're not fake. Acura had a reveal to dealers yesterday at 2pm and it wasn't just management. They knew these would leak and its all part of the hype.

Thats why they didn't leak any specifics about new technology etc, which I'm sure they'll cover tomorrow.

One interesting thing is there are two type s wheels and one type S interior photo shows a type s wheels without a heated steering wheel and less buttons than the advance. I'm wondering if they will have two type s trims.
it makes sense to have at least two trims. Cause not everyone will need for example a heated steering wheel. Especially people like myself that love in California
Old 05-27-2020, 05:00 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Gotta love consumers. Talking about DWB suspension like more than 1% of owners are even going to utilize it or even be able to feel a difference. The overwhelming majority, including the Type S owners, being typical Acura drivers, are going to be doing 10MPH under the speed limit while driving like an oblivious blind tortoise.

Digital gauge cluster/cockpit ... if it was cheaper, as so many claim, it would 1,000% be in the new TLX. Clearly, it didn't make it for the very fact that it is not in fact cheaper, shut up already about it. Why? So you can tinker with it the first three days of ownership and show your neighbors ... and then never change the settings/display for the rest of the car's life? The ECU in modern cars is already taxed enough. The processor is slow on the infotainment as it is ... Acura putting a digital gauge cluster would likely be a trainwreck. Likely a laggy display and probably do some head-scratchingly dumb things on the display ... and 95% of people would just complain that the display wasn't/doesn't have X, Y or Z. This is why I'd eat my 40cal if I ever had to work in a customer service industry again.

Hopefully the Type S puts out stout numbers, has good aftermarket support to rival some of the Germans (new M3 is likely going to be putting out over 500HP) and the transmission is up to snuff and isn't your typical Honda bullshit. Who the fuck gives a fuck about double wishbone suspension ... is this place for real?
Old 05-27-2020, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
It because the MDX has a higher price point they can afford to add that to the MDX. If they though the could move the TLX's for $5,000 more than what they are going for now they would give you everything. Unfortunately Acura clients arent generally like that. they want more for less. We already have people in this thread complaining about a possible $55k price tag on the Type-S. You guys can cry and moan all you want but most of you will never shell out the money that it would take to put everything you want in these car. Crap half you are still stuck in your "my 3G TL is the bestest car evaarrr!!" dream land.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nexx
It because the MDX has a higher price point they can afford to add that to the MDX. If they though the could move the TLX's for $5,000 more than what they are going for now they would give you everything. Unfortunately Acura clients arent generally like that. they want more for less. We already have people in this thread complaining about a possible $55k price tag on the Type-S. You guys can cry and moan all you want but most of you will never shell out the money that it would take to put everything you want in these car. Crap half you are still stuck in your "my 3G TL is the bestest car evaarrr!!" dream land.
I don't buy that. They could have easily added it in the Advanced package and raised that. I'm willing to bet, that model isn't a high seller anyway. Not even giving as an option shows that it isn't about the money. Also, people expect the price a new car to go up depending on technology. No reason they couldn't offer it as an option.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:39 PM
Advanced

I don't buy that. They could have easily added it in the Advanced package and raised that. I'm willing to bet, that model isn't a high seller anyway. Not even giving as an option shows that it isn't about the money. Also, people expect the price a new car to go up depending on technology. No reason they couldn't offer it as an option.
Also, if that was true, why isn't Acura leading the market in sales? Its obvious their strategy to keep it cheap isn't working. How can Mercedes, Audi and BMW outsell it? Acura needs to focus on making a good car with all the features and not worrying about price for the higher tier models. People will pay more if its perfected. Also, that is another reason for different models, you can have an entry level model similar to Audi and others where its basic features and you could build and add on what people like to higher tiers. Options are going to be the best bet for selling cars. I am willing to bet more people would go for that upper tier model if it had all the bells and whistles as the competitors.
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 06:49 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Bottom line is you can't make everyone happy. All this crying about a full LCD cluster and we have not even been given all the info. For me, I could care less. I stare at screens 10 hours a day and don't want to stare at it in my car. You know the shit might be laggy and prone to glitches. Im okay with nice analogue gauges with MMI incorporated. I'm concerned about how this car will be tuned in handling, acceleration, steering and gearing. This is after all a Type S thread!!! Lots of competition out there. No one is forcing you to buy it. If Acura prices yhis thing right it has huge potential.
The following 5 users liked this post by dmski:
A Fancy Honda (05-28-2020), a35tl (05-27-2020), B1ackAlloy (05-27-2020), internalaudit (05-27-2020), Jiten Patel (05-28-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 07:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dmski
Bottom line is you can't make everyone happy. All this crying about a full LCD cluster and we have not even been given all the info. For me, I could care less. I stare at screens 10 hours a day and don't want to stare at it in my car. You know the shit might be laggy and prone to glitches. Im okay with nice analogue gauges with MMI incorporated. I'm concerned about how this car will be tuned in handling, acceleration, steering and gearing. This is after all a Type S thread!!! Lots of competition out there. No one is forcing you to buy it. If Acura prices yhis thing right it has huge potential.
I know they can't make everyone happy, people will be whining about the HP in the Type S and everything in between. But that doesn't mean that in 2021 for a refresh sedan model that is in a lagging market not to offer all features they can. These people are going to be spending 35-55k for a car. That is nothing to sneeze at in this market. People expect a lot and they should, after all, its considered a luxury brand. It would be different if all the competitors weren't offering it and even non luxury brands but even they are doing it now too. And what is this thing about people wanting extra tech, they think they automatically want to compromise on drive-train. Like I said, its not required for all trim levels, but not offering it even on the Advanced trim level is unbecoming of the brand. Lets hope everyone is wrong after tomorrows reveal, we will see. Also, its pretty obvious that no one is forcing anyone to buy Acura products, look at the sales charts.
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 07:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
I have to say the interior is disappointing . I don't see any paddle shifters and I don't like the fact this has no Shifter at all. I hate that cars are doing away with that. It's stupid. I'm hoping it looks more like the concept tomorrow but we'll see. I'm guessing the Type S will have 375 HP. Meh
Old 05-27-2020, 07:18 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
So many people complaining about the power and tech yet they only want to pay for a price of a fully loaded Honda Accord plus a block of cheese. Pay to play people, simple.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kense
I have to say the interior is disappointing . I don't see any paddle shifters and I don't like the fact this has no Shifter at all. I hate that cars are doing away with that. It's stupid. I'm hoping it looks more like the concept tomorrow but we'll see. I'm guessing the Type S will have 375 HP. Meh
This is exactly the kind of mindset that brands like Acura don't want people to have yet they keep producing products that make people think like that. I honestly expected the TLX to look similar to the RDX with the infotainment system and they didn't do a terrible job of making it work. It looks good. The problem is that you have to have a niche feature that makes people overlook their dislikes to go out and actually buy it.This is where someone could be wowed by the Precision cockpit. The sedan market isn't getting any better so obliviously other competitors are going to be doing everything they can to move units. Starting behind the 8 ball with luxury class standards, built by the market, isn't a good start.

Last edited by stevenpsu; 05-27-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by edmua6
So many people complaining about the power and tech yet they only want to pay for a price of a fully loaded Honda Accord plus a block of cheese. Pay to play people, simple.
If that is true, it should be on the advanced model right? Also, if all these people wanted to buy that many features at Accord level prices, how does BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Tesla move more units per year?
pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 07:25 PM
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts
I am hoping this car brings the goods. I am not sold on the interior (need to see actual pictures and available options) and will need to see figures on power, etc. but was hoping this would be in the realm of the sh-sh-awd RLX price and powerwise. If it is, I will take it for a spin and see if it will be my next ride. However, fair or not, it will be cross shopped against the 2021 S6 and E53. I know it is not a direct competitor (and yes I know there is a MASSIVE price jump to those two models) to those but looks like it will be the ony Acura sedan that may fit the bill due to the death of the RLX.

Tomorrow ain't too far off at this point...
Old 05-27-2020, 07:50 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Keep in mind, this is just my opinion as a car enthusiast and what i've seen from various groups that are willing to spend and want for the price range of 50-60K

Unfortunately today, consumers that are willing to spend 50-60K want the most bang for buck. The perfect example of this, is the Stinger GT2. It fits in that price bracket and has options that i'm also for sure the TLX-S won't have. Things like heads up display & 4 wheel brembo brakes. The 2021 Stinger will come with a full digital cluster. The TLX-S will compete with the S4, C43 and the M340i. All are optional with heads up display, digital gauge clusters and as stupid as it seems, even real or fake leather wrapped dashboards, which is a nice touch IMO. I know the Stinger isn't in the same class, but for a GT2 it comes fully loaded with options that grabs the attention of car enthusiasts that want the most bang for their buck. The deals are out there, a brand new GT2 stinger for $47,971 and that is a lot of vehicle for a great price. https://www.hendrickkia.com/inventor...e55lc2l6072147. The consumers want as much as they can get for their dollar. Acura really needs this to hit a home run. I'll be honest with you. As someone who owns a vehicle with things like cooled seats, pano roof, heads up display ect. I couldn't go to another vehicle without them. The 2.0T has been out and hondata flashpro has a tune available. For the Type-s, it will take time since this is completely new. Eventually the ability to get more performance with a simple tune will happen. I wouldn't worry over the stock numbers.
The following 3 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
IL_TLX (05-27-2020), pyrodan007 (05-28-2020), stevenpsu (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Keep in mind, this is just my opinion as a car enthusiast and what i've seen from various groups that are willing to spend and want for the price range of 50-60K

Unfortunately today, consumers that are willing to spend 50-60K want the most bang for buck. The perfect example of this, is the Stinger GT2. It fits in that price bracket and has options that i'm also for sure the TLX-S won't have. Things like heads up display & 4 wheel brembo brakes. The 2021 Stinger will come with a full digital cluster. The TLX-S will compete with the S4, C43 and the M340i. All are optional with heads up display, digital gauge clusters and as stupid as it seems, even real or fake leather wrapped dashboards, which is a nice touch IMO. I know the Stinger isn't in the same class, but for a GT2 it comes fully loaded with options that grabs the attention of car enthusiasts that want the most bang for their buck. The deals are out there, a brand new GT2 stinger for $47,971 and that is a lot of vehicle for a great price. https://www.hendrickkia.com/inventor...e55lc2l6072147. The consumers want as much as they can get for their dollar. Acura really needs this to hit a home run. I'll be honest with you. As someone who owns a vehicle with things like cooled seats, pano roof, heads up display ect. I couldn't go to another vehicle without them. The 2.0T has been out and hondata flashpro has a tune available. For the Type-s, it will take time since this is completely new. Eventually the ability to get more performance with a simple tune will happen. I wouldn't worry over the stock numbers.
Can you tune a lease?
Kinuto (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:15 PM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Mak P
Can you tune a lease?
Lol Not at all. You don't actually own the car to be putting mods on it.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kinuto
Lol Not at all. You don't actually own the car to be putting mods on it.
Exactly so you can't tell me to brush off stock numbers... just tune it and make it better lol
Kinuto (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mak P
Exactly so you can't tell me to brush off stock numbers... just tune it and make it better lol
I just want Infiniti Red Sport HP on the new Type S and I'll be a happy man.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:39 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski
I'd be concern that Acura could pull off the software behind a digital display. It took them over a year to fix the glitches in the RDX infotainment. They have not displayed much capability in software development. Harder to mess up gauges. Given all the hits that infotainment systems have given to Acura's 'problems per hundred vehicle' stats, maybe they are trying to give people less to complain about.

But i would like a Head up Display to put some key data in front of me. That is probably cheaper and harder to mess up.

You probably don't want to paddle shift through 10 gears. I don't think there is as much benefit or fun that you think is going to be there. And likely even if you try to hold in a certain gear, the transmission will shift anyway for safety reasons once it hits a certain RPM.

I love the button shifter. It doesn't take much to learn it, it is faster than moving a fake shifter, and it makes more free space in the center console. There looks to be a phone charging pad where the shifter would go.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:49 PM
Burning Brakes

This is exactly the kind of mindset that brands like Acura don't want people to have yet they keep producing products that make people think like that. I honestly expected the TLX to look similar to the RDX with the infotainment system and they didn't do a terrible job of making it work. It looks good. The problem is that you have to have a niche feature that makes people overlook their dislikes to go out and actually buy it.This is where someone could be wowed by the Precision cockpit. The sedan market isn't getting any better so obliviously other competitors are going to be doing everything they can to move units. Starting behind the 8 ball with luxury class standards, built by the market, isn't a good start.
My Q50 Red Sport lease is up and I am looking at this or a Used RCF but if I’m underwhelmed by the release I’ll go RCF. Acura should be trying to out do Infiniti at least. The red sport has been a very good very quick car and I’ve shocked a lot of people by beating them. The TLX should be like that but better I’d hope . However that interior looks very underwhelming and It looks like I can’t put in manual mode. Unless that’s not the Type S interior in those pics? It has to have paddles , even the MDX has paddle shifters which is LOL ridiculous.

I will pay for a well performing , visually pleasing car. Even an Acura , I’ll pay 60k because I don’t want to deal with German service costs and future problems that typically come with the Germans no matter how many people say they are more reliable the fact is they are NOT more Overall reliable than the Japanese and I don’t care about the reasons why . I’m sick of the excuses for sub par reliability because they are so well built and complex. Spare me.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kense:
internalaudit (05-27-2020), Kinuto (05-27-2020), stevenpsu (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I'd be concern that Acura could pull off the software behind a digital display. It took them over a year to fix the glitches in the RDX infotainment. They have not displayed much capability in software development. Harder to mess up gauges. Given all the hits that infotainment systems have given to Acura's 'problems per hundred vehicle' stats, maybe they are trying to give people less to complain about.

But i would like a Head up Display to put some key data in front of me. That is probably cheaper and harder to mess up.

You probably don't want to paddle shift through 10 gears. I don't think there is as much benefit or fun that you think is going to be there. And likely even if you try to hold in a certain gear, the transmission will shift anyway for safety reasons once it hits a certain RPM.

I love the button shifter. It doesn't take much to learn it, it is faster than moving a fake shifter, and it makes more free space in the center console. There looks to be a phone charging pad where the shifter would go.
Paddle shifting even with 10 gears would be better than Just pressing a button. It’s useful to downshift in corners or from a roll. It’s just more control of the RPM range. All performance cars have them. Since there’s no manuals anymore it’s the next best thing we can get. A performance model should allow you some form of control , that would be totally unacceptable in a Type S to not have paddle shifters.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kinuto
I just want Infiniti Red Sport HP on the new Type S and I'll be a happy man.
For me it better be faster than that car that's for sure
Kinuto (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:12 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
So far so good, can't wait for tomorrow. I was hoping we would get the TLX-L model over here but I'm cool if its a little bigger overall. Digital Dash would be nice but I'll take that updated Type-S look dash. At the end of the day if this new model has 375hp, AWD and drives like a Type-S, I will definitely be looking for a slightly used one (Some rich person that found it unimpressive, compared to their S5, M340I, C43) whatever. I went from a 03 CL-S to a 16 Maxima and knew immediately the drive is different. 4DSC is a hoax but i love the gas milage, now i get to start modding it to more of my liking, rims, suspension and maybe an exhaust, that way i can keep my new Type-S stock, lol. I miss Acura
Old 05-28-2020, 01:24 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
My Q50 Red Sport lease is up and I am looking at this or a Used RCF but if I’m underwhelmed by the release I’ll go RCF. Acura should be trying to out do Infiniti at least. The red sport has been a very good very quick car and I’ve shocked a lot of people by beating them. The TLX should be like that but better I’d hope . However that interior looks very underwhelming and It looks like I can’t put in manual mode. Unless that’s not the Type S interior in those pics? It has to have paddles , even the MDX has paddle shifters which is LOL ridiculous.

I will pay for a well performing , visually pleasing car. Even an Acura , I’ll pay 60k because I don’t want to deal with German service costs and future problems that typically come with the Germans no matter how many people say they are more reliable the fact is they are NOT more Overall reliable than the Japanese and I don’t care about the reasons why . I’m sick of the excuses for sub par reliability because they are so well built and complex. Spare me.
I was thinking about the Q50 Red Sport but the infotainment software is dated
Old 05-28-2020, 04:32 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Terragotti
So far so good, can't wait for tomorrow. I was hoping we would get the TLX-L model over here but I'm cool if its a little bigger overall. Digital Dash would be nice but I'll take that updated Type-S look dash. At the end of the day if this new model has 375hp, AWD and drives like a Type-S, I will definitely be looking for a slightly used one (Some rich person that found it unimpressive, compared to their S5, M340I, C43) whatever. I went from a 03 CL-S to a 16 Maxima and knew immediately the drive is different. 4DSC is a hoax but i love the gas milage, now i get to start modding it to more of my liking, rims, suspension and maybe an exhaust, that way i can keep my new Type-S stock, lol. I miss Acura
Maxima are great cars. I used to have a 1997 Nissan Maxima SE. That VQ is one of the best V6 and still is in the current car. My fiance has a 2008 with the VQ35DE and it's been just as reliable even with a CVT transmission. i can't wait for the Type S Reveal today! I have a 4G TL and I'm ready to upgrade in a few years.

Quick Reply: Is everyone ready for the Type S Concept? (Reveal Pics Page 5)