Is everyone ready for the Type S Concept? (Reveal Pics Page 5)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 06:30 PM
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Only having these leaked pictures to go by I like that Acura is making more effort with this new generation TLX than they did with the current generation. Maybe cancelling the RLX allowed a little more investment. Most of these improvements I'll probably like. I did expect to see a Digital Dash on this car, but if it is not there I suspect it was software that did it in. Acura has not exactly impressed with their infotainment system on the RDX. But the center console looks like they have incorporated more buttons for common functions which I like. I don't think I'd need the HP of the Type S. Looks like they beefed up the 10-speed transmission for the V6 Turbo. I wonder if the 2.4L turbo gets the current 10-speed.

I'll look forward to the formal announcement tomorrow. Regardless I'm not touching a new Acura with a 10-foot pole in its first year. Fooled me once.... as the saying goes.

2.4 turbo? Its a 2.0t and yes, it has the 10AT also and available SH-AWD.
The following users liked this post:
internalaudit (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 06:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Hold your horses, it says 50% increase in low-end torque, not peak torque. At 2000RPMs the J35 is probably making around 200ish ft-lb; 50% increase would mean something just north of 300 ft-lb.
Nice play on words, interesting they did not give the actual number. FWIW at 2000RPM most turbos are all in as far as maximum available torque they will produce. Like the body, think it looks very good, excellent effort by Acura. A bit disappointed in the dash. Looks like the last generation 3/4 series across the actual instrument panel. The center stack is typical Honda/Acura, just expected more from them.
The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), silverTL6 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Remaining payments countdown on my 19 has never been so prominent in my life. The base model alone looks like to be more car than my 3.5. With the Accord 2.0T 10AT capable of 5.3 sec 0-60 times (and a standing ¼-mile time of 13.9 sec @ 104 mph) when broken in, the base version could be the quickest Acura sedan to date to the exclusion of the forthcoming Type S.

The Type S should (hopefully) be something to behold!

EDIT: Forgot how quick off the line the RLX Sport Hybrid was during its time. Both versions of the upcoming TLX will be plenty quick nonetheless.

Last edited by F23A4; 05-26-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:59 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
They would be cheaping out on the back end going Digital. The cost is in the front end development once thats done the actual displays are cheaper to manufacture, install & service. For those that like analog many digital can look just like analog gauges. My Z4 looks like a computer game but the late 440 digital looked just like my 435's analog.

FWIW bought a set of electrically driven analogs with real needles etc, cost me $900.

Tricky part is at night all the white parts radiate electric blue & the needles are red.
That's incorrect, HD configurable digital displays are much more expensive than a simple analog gauge setup. It's a why a Nissan Sentra still has them while a S-class or 7 Series used a full digital instrument display. Also why a Civic LX uses a analog tach and simple passive LCD display vs. a Civic Type-R uses a full digital instrument display with a HD TFT LCD display.

Analog gauges are much cheaper than digital instrumentation. Today analog gauges for automotive applications are nothing more than some plastic components (needles, backplate, light pipes), digital stepper motors (yes, analog gauges are actually digital in operation but human eyes can not tell), simple PCB, and cheap micro-controller (Pic, AVR) that supports simple CAN bus. All cheap to manufacture and assemble. Perhaps $20 for a tach/speedo/gas/temp setup for mass production.

A low end HD digital TFT LCD displays are ~$50 just for the display (which need billion dollar fabs to fabricate) and go up from there, add in a higher performance microprocessor (ARM), more expensive PCB, higher end CAN bus controller. Figure ~$100 for a average display like a Honda CRV.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 05-26-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 549 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by internalaudit
WTF, is that the parking brake on the left? It says "P".

Maybe it is for "Power" instead of "Parking" haha.
That's not for the parking brake that's for the parking sensors. My mom's Lexus has that exact same button in her car.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:03 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I was responding to someone quoting me that 350 HP won't be enough when comparison shopped with competitors. I was replying that DWB is something most people will be enjoying. And we are not even sure if going back to DWB costs more than sticking with MacPherson struts ++ additional enhancements.

How can tires last 100K if they are sticky and sporty variant?

Let the biggest fanboy not buy the car. It's his prerogative to do what he wants with his money. I'm not here to convince people to buy a 2TLX. Those four-year leases on German sports sedans are going to cost a pretty penny when done in perpetuity.
You missed my point. The Type-s is geared for the enthusiasts who aren't concern about longevity of brakes, tires and getting the best fuel economy. The type-s will be driven hard, that's for sure. Not sure what the four-year leases on German cars have to do with the TLX.. In any regards, the Germans (except Mercedes) have been doing well in consumer reports. I'd hate to break the news to you but as someone who knows this better than anyone else, what makes you think that for a completely new design and platform that this is going to be reliable? Remember, Acura has been making bread and butter vehicles for nearly their entire existence. The technicians have worked on and have (for the most part) the proper training and knowledge to repair these vehicles. Now, let's throw them something that is not the typical bread and butter cookie cutter vehicle. Wonder how many calls tech line will get when things go wrong and they can't figure it out. When you introduce something beyond what they are use to, expect issues. Acura isn't know for making performance variants of base models. Not like an base series to an M or base series to AMG, ect.. Forget the NSX, it's a low production vehicle and the dealership has maybe one or two qualified technicians to repair them. Acura is coming out with type-s versions down the road with the MDX possibly having air suspension which completely new to them. I worked for Acura, I know very well. I wouldn't touch any 1st year production model that Acura releases. Lets see what happens..
Old 05-26-2020, 07:10 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
That's not for the parking brake that's for the parking sensors. My mom's Lexus has that exact same button in her car.
Look again. That's a parking brake. Lower left. Parking Sensor button is above that to the right.
The following 3 users liked this post by Speed_Racer:
a35tl (05-26-2020), internalaudit (05-26-2020), Ken1997TL (05-27-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 549 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed_Racer
Look again. That's a parking brake. Lower left. Parking Sensor button is above that to the right.
Oh yeah, I see the other one now. I guess they figure it'll be automatic and most people won't even touch the button anyway.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:15 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
Oh yeah, I see the other one now. I guess they figure it'll be automatic and most people won't even touch the button anyway.
They did it first on the RDX. I'm guessing because of the new touchpad layout it was in the way.
The following 2 users liked this post by Speed_Racer:
Curious3GTL (05-26-2020), internalaudit (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 07:22 PM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
You missed my point. The Type-s is geared for the enthusiasts who aren't concern about longevity of brakes, tires and getting the best fuel economy. The type-s will be driven hard, that's for sure. Not sure what the four-year leases on German cars have to do with the TLX.. In any regards, the Germans (except Mercedes) have been doing well in consumer reports. I'd hate to break the news to you but as someone who knows this better than anyone else, what makes you think that for a completely new design and platform that this is going to be reliable? Remember, Acura has been making bread and butter vehicles for nearly their entire existence. The technicians have worked on and have (for the most part) the proper training and knowledge to repair these vehicles. Now, let's throw them something that is not the typical bread and butter cookie cutter vehicle. Wonder how many calls tech line will get when things go wrong and they can't figure it out. When you introduce something beyond what they are use to, expect issues. Acura isn't know for making performance variants of base models. Not like an base series to an M or base series to AMG, ect.. Forget the NSX, it's a low production vehicle and the dealership has maybe one or two qualified technicians to repair them. Acura is coming out with type-s versions down the road with the MDX possibly having air suspension which completely new to them. I worked for Acura, I know very well. I wouldn't touch any 1st year production model that Acura releases. Lets see what happens..
Honda has been racing cars for decades hasn't it? Isn't this heritage one reason why fans are cheering Honda on? Which major component in this vehicle besides the engine is all-new and not an adoption of existing designs?

Are you suggesting Honda had lots of issues when the CTR and the TL Type S first (second, third, fourth, etc.) came out? What's so different with this TLX Type S from the Civic Type R? I just looked at one of the YT videos and it has a massive cooling system design. DWB was always used in previous cars.

With the advent of the internet, it's much easier to follow DIY repairs and these are trained technicians we are talking about that will fix the car under warranty. I believe in humanity. I think the one major blunder is the 1.5T but we haven't heard much about the fuel dilution on the 2.0T on DriveAccord. I was just reading the thread from the end and back two or three pages yesterday.

Air suspension will likely not be in-house developed, the programming/settings will be. In any car, this will add to better ride quality and suspension adjustments but will also mean higher repair costs down the road. This is nothing specific to any Honda product.

It seems your post suggests to wait for the second production model, which is what is suggested for majority of cars anyway.

Which job function did you work at Acura and what did you actually learn besides what you have already posted? I work as an auditor so I'd love to learn.

Last edited by internalaudit; 05-26-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:31 PM
AZ Community Team

1.) We got a 2003 Honda Pilot in August 2002, still have it 18 years and 320k miles later. Most reliable vehicle we've ever owned, with only a few door lock acuators and window regulators I've replaced. Original motor and transmission. Completely new chassis design for Honda.
2.) Acura has made many Type-S and Type-R models before, it's nothing new to them and they're mostly just factory refined and tuned more. Sometimes with special motors.
3.) Techs will figure it out they're typically professionals and Honda/Acura have very good documentation and support. These are production cars, not a McLaren F1.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:40 PM
AZ Community Team

Looking forward to the 2G TLX, curious about

1) Brakes for Type-S, Brembo? or some other 4-piston front caliper
2) One or two turbo's for the V6, thinking one turbo for packaging purposes.
3) Front aluminum subframe like the 3G TL?
4) Torsen diff like the 3G TL 6MT?
5) DCT for the 2.0T?
6) Honda's 10 speed auto for the V6 turbo?
Old 05-26-2020, 07:47 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Honda has been racing cars for decades hasn't it? Isn't this heritage one reason why fans are cheering Honda on? Which major component in this vehicle besides the engine is all-new and not an adoption of existing designs?

Are you suggesting Honda had lots of issues when the CTR and the TL Type S first (second, third, fourth, etc.) came out? What's so different with this TLX Type S from the Civic Type R? I just looked at one of the YT videos and it has a massive cooling system design. DWB was always used in previous cars.

With the advent of the internet, it's much easier to follow DIY repairs and these are trained technicians we are talking about that will fix the car under warranty. I believe in humanity. I think the one major blunder is the 1.5T but we haven't heard much about the fuel dilution on the 2.0T on DriveAccord. I was just reading the thread from the end and back two or three pages yesterday.

Air suspension will likely not be in-house developed, the programming/settings will be. In any car, this will add to better ride quality and suspension adjustments but will also mean higher repair costs down the road. This is nothing specific to any Honda product.

It seems your post suggests to wait for the second production model, which is what is suggested for majority of cars anyway.

Which job function did you work at Acura and what did you actually learn besides what you have already posted? I work as an auditor so I'd love to learn.
Thank you for the response. I worked as an ASE certified technician. Lets see what happens when Acura comes out with these models. I hope they don't take any notes from Mercedes with Air suspension. I'm not a fan of them. The new Jeep GC suffer from air suspension failures as soon as 20K! that's absurd, but it's a Mercedes product.

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
1.) We got a 2003 Honda Pilot in August 2002, still have it 18 years and 320k miles later. Most reliable vehicle we've ever owned, with only a few door lock acuators and window regulators I've replaced. Original motor and transmission. Completely new chassis design for Honda.
2.) Acura has made many Type-S and Type-R models before, it's nothing new to them and they're mostly just factory refined and tuned more. Sometimes with special motors.
3.) Techs will figure it out they're typically professionals and Honda/Acura have very good documentation and support. These are production cars, not a McLaren F1.
Legend, I respect your response but you're still mentioning vehicles that are bread and butter n/a builds.
I can speak on the years of experience I have in the industry and for the dealers I've worked for. Here's the issue with most of the automotive industry, especially in the dealership. It's a dog eat dog world. The technicians treat it as a 9 to 5 job. The well know guys get "gray" work as the others deal with bs work and warranty claims. I'm not going to get deep into this because I don't want this thread to get derailed. I assure you, from my years of doing this and experiencing the dealership environment, the technicians will be trained (by doing tests on-line) even with training, because this is very new, there will be issues. The real issue will come from the vehicles mainly 1st year production models. It's a no-brainer Legend. This is a completely different direction from what Acura does. You can't expect that they will be rock solid without issues. It's better to have issues and have them resolved as they continue to build them. Like I said, I know this better than most. It's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:53 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

5) DCT for the 2.0T?
1. Brembos likely 6 or 4 piston up front, possibly single piston brembo for the rears.
2. No real answer on the F/I setup, but would safely say single twin scroll turbo. Possibly new technology of an E-Turbo
3. Most likely aluminum subframe
4. Definitely SW-AWD with it being more RWD
5. 8 speed or 10
6. Yes for sure on the V6, but could be a possible option even with the 2.0T

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 05-26-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:00 PM
Racer

Thank you for the response. I worked as an ASE certified technician. Lets see what happens when Acura comes out with these models. I hope they don't take any notes from Mercedes with Air suspension. I'm not a fan of them. The new Jeep GC suffer from air suspension failures as soon as 20K! that's absurd, but it's a Mercedes product.

Legend, I respect your response but you're still mentioning vehicles that are bread and butter n/a builds.
I can speak on the years of experience I have in the industry and for the dealers I've worked for. Here's the issue with most of the automotive industry, especially in the dealership. It's a dog eat dog world. The technicians treat it as a 9 to 5 job. The well know guys get "gray" work as the others deal with bs work and warranty claims. I'm not going to get deep into this because I don't want this thread to get derailed. I assure you, from my years of doing this and experiencing the dealership environment, the technicians will be trained (by doing tests on-line) even with training, because this is very new, there will be issues. The real issue will come from the vehicles mainly 1st year production models. It's a no-brainer Legend. This is a completely different direction from what Acura does. You can't expect that they will be rock solid without issues. It's better to have issues and have them resolved as they continue to build them. Like I said, I know this better than most. It's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
I wanted to edit my post to ask what you wanted to share here with all of us (and not what you learned on the job as that's demeaning) so good you didn't take offense as I can't find the edit function while on my mobile.

Looks like even with BEVs, problems will still crop up.

I doubt I will be considering the Type S brand new. Perhaps a Sport Hybrid variant depending on how battery chemistry in BEVs evolve. I still think SH-AWD made available on the lower model plus DWB suspension were good moves as it likely makes the TLX a better value proposition in the entry-level sports sedan segment.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
All i know is i bought my 2006 TL brand new as a gift to me when i retired from the Navy. I still have it because i just didn't have the need for anything else. I am hoping that after Thursday's reveal, that my need will change to a want LOL.
The following 8 users liked this post by Navy TL:
04WDPSeDaN (05-26-2020), a35tl (05-26-2020), internalaudit (05-26-2020), Legend2TL (05-27-2020), MDXAccord (05-26-2020), silverTL6 (05-27-2020), Terragotti (05-26-2020), WTF.Acura (05-27-2020) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2020, 08:04 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperHandlingTL
2.4 turbo? Its a 2.0t and yes, it has the 10AT also and available SH-AWD.
Yes, thanks, that is what I meant. The leak says 'Beefier 10-speed transmission' so obviously this means they have modified the 10-speed that has been in other Honda vehicles. Wondering if the 2.4L turbo would need the beefier (and modified) transmission or the current (and more proven) transmission could handle the torque. Maybe we'll know on the 28th.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts
Hot-V configuration for the turbo V6!
Old 05-26-2020, 08:37 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
I wonder if it will sound similar to the realtime tlx.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:40 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Navy TL
All i know is i bought my 2006 TL brand new as a gift to me when i retired from the Navy. I still have it because i just didn't have the need for anything else. I am hoping that after Thursday's reveal, that my need will change to a want LOL.
haha nice. I definitely don't need a type S, but i certainly want one. Kind of like that lady in napolean dynamite when she sees the bonus add on if she buys the 21 piece set of bowls. "i want that" lol
The following 2 users liked this post by ACCURATEin:
ESHBG (05-27-2020), internalaudit (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
100% DWB and friend told me...
Old 05-26-2020, 09:39 PM
Burning Brakes

maybe I'm getting old but seeing the Type-S MDX got me even more excited....
Old 05-26-2020, 09:42 PM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
I don't know how I feel about this car, I definitely need to see it in person before passing final judgement.

From the photos, it looks OK, but nothing really special or spectacular about it. It doesn't stir my soul like when I first saw the third generation TLs in my early teens. This new design will most likely be forgotten once a successor comes out.

Im also really turned off by the A-Spec cluster/gauge in the RDX which looks to be making its way into the new TLX as well. It looks very dated and like the cluster of an RSX Type-S from 2003.

Judging from the leaked images, I can confidently speak for myself and say the 3rd generation TL (especially the TL-S) still reigns supreme as the pinnacle of Acura design. That car still looks good nearly 20 years later as it did in 2003 and I'd rather spend $40K on a 07/08 TL-S with 10 miles on the dash than on this new TLX. I hope once I see this new one for myself, I am proven wrong.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:46 PM
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by ladiesman217
I don't know how I feel about this car, I definitely need to see it in person before passing final judgement.

From the photos, it looks OK, but nothing really special or spectacular about it. It doesn't stir my soul like when I first saw the third generation TLs in my early teens. This new design will most likely be forgotten once a successor comes out.

Im also really turned off by the A-Spec cluster/gauge in the RDX which looks to be making its way into the new TLX as well. It looks very dated and like the cluster of an RSX Type-S from 2003.

Judging from the leaked images, I can confidently speak for myself and say the 3rd generation TL (especially the TL-S) still reigns supreme as the pinnacle of Acura design. That car still looks good nearly 20 years later as it did in 2003 and I'd rather spend $40K on a 07/08 TL-S with 10 miles on the dash than on this new TLX. I hope once I see this new one for myself, I am proven wrong.
Exactly why I wanted the precision cockpit. They need to make it different. Holding it back is a huge mistake. Using 3 year old gauges for a 2021 model is a head scratcher.
The following 2 users liked this post by stevenpsu:
pyrodan007 (05-27-2020), silverTL6 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I love Acura clients... they want everything... but dont want to pay for it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nexx:
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), edmua6 (05-27-2020), WTF.Acura (05-27-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Looking at the interior pictures and looks like Type-S doesn’t have a heated steering wheel. Which I would certainly miss those few weeks a year.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Yes, thanks, that is what I meant. The leak says 'Beefier 10-speed transmission' so obviously this means they have modified the 10-speed that has been in other Honda vehicles. Wondering if the 2.4L turbo would need the beefier (and modified) transmission or the current (and more proven) transmission could handle the torque. Maybe we'll know on the 28th.
What 2.4L turbo?
Old 05-26-2020, 10:41 PM
tehLEGOman

Standard procedure here. New car: see what car looks like on TE37s. Went with the classic bronze.

The following 4 users liked this post by ACCURATEin:
04WDPSeDaN (05-27-2020), A Fancy Honda (05-26-2020), neuronbob (05-26-2020), Speed_Racer (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 10:53 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by mcrompton
Looking at the interior pictures and looks like Type-S doesn’t have a heated steering wheel. Which I would certainly miss those few weeks a year.
I bet it will be an option to add a “Type S” heated steering wheel.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:48 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by BGR
From what I've heard from someone at the dealer there was no digital dash on Aspec and Advance trims. The leaked images of the dash are for the MDX.
Agreed, many of us were saying so for a few months now, hoping for a surprise but I think its going to be reserved for the MDX.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:54 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
WTF, is that the parking brake on the left? It says "P".

Maybe it is for "Power" instead of "Parking" haha.
That is the parking sensor disable switch.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:28 AM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by fiatlux
What 2.4L turbo?
2.0T.... trying to mix telework and Acurazine is not working for me!
Old 05-27-2020, 04:40 AM
Racer

Anyone know the advantage of the longer hood, with an increase of 7.8 inches? Is this getting a Frunk?

It's amazing how removing the dual display made the center console / dashboard look so much nicer. Even on the 9th gen Accord, it looked more odd than just slapping the infotainment screen to align with the line of sight.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:42 AM
Summer is Coming

Anyone know the advantage of the longer hood, with an increase of 7.8 inches? Is this getting a Frunk?

It's amazing how removing the dual display made the center console / dashboard look so much nicer. Even on the 9th gen Accord, it looked more odd than just slapping the infotainment screen to align with the line of sight.
Could be it allows more of the heavier V6 turbo to sit a little back off the front wheels for better weight distribution.
internalaudit (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 05:49 AM
Summer is Coming

https://carbuzz.com/news/leaked-2021...unning-concept

If you click through the gallery there are more screen captures.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rocket_man:
internalaudit (05-27-2020), Legend2TL (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 06:00 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Hm ... I was ecstatic about it when the red TLX Type-S pics leaked. The more and more that are leaked, the more and more "meh" it looks. I'll wait to see some high def photos, but I'm less and less impressed with more angles and better lighted photos coming out. I think the new radar look looks worse than the giant Acura logo ... a big block with the Acura logo doesn't flow whatsoever in that grill.
pyrodan007 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 06:24 AM
Racer

It's not the best but comparing it to the current TLX, the exterior (front looks better definitely to me but not as drastic a difference compared to the Type S concept) seems sportier, interior is better (I have an 8th gen Accord with buttons galore but a single screen for radio/temperature/HVAC display so I don't mind the clutter as long as the arrangement is pleasing, vents are now aligned horizontally and the center vents are no longer perpendicular to the side vents), better front suspension, more low-end power (2.0T is comparable to the outgoing V6), likely available SH-AWD on the 2.0T (since there seems to be only the 2.0T and the 3.0T in the Type S).

If Acura Canada doesn't raise the price by more than $2k for each trim (i.e. say base price for 2TLX now $39-40k CAD; the top Accord trim is $42k CAD), I would conjecture it will be runaway success. I would settle for this over the A/CLA Class, 2 Series sedan, A3 any day, and likely even over the A4 since it may be almost $10k cheaper compared to the A4 Technik with the optional $2k stop and go ACC. It could also give the Golf GTI a run for the money for those who don't mind automatic transmissions.

The 2.0T may cannibalize the higher displacement engine models (if there is any besides the Type S but doubtful) but it could bring back some of the lost Honda fans who are have moved up and are now shopping entry-level luxury sport sedans.

Last edited by internalaudit; 05-27-2020 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:29 AM
Summer is Coming

https://img.theabyss.systems/img/TLX/

From a user at ToV. Pictures from the Facebook post.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rocket_man:
A Fancy Honda (05-27-2020), internalaudit (05-27-2020), robnalex (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 07:06 AM
AZ Community Team

2021 Acura TLX to use dedicated platform and wishbone front suspension

Nice front end, going back to the old school Honda/Acura double wishbone front suspension (first appearing on the 2G Prelude in 1983) with it's long coil over damper (mounted to the lower control arm), tall steering knuckle and high upper ball joint and pivot bushing for better geometry and rigidity.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/26/...nsion-chassis/

Last edited by Legend2TL; 05-27-2020 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:44 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

5) DCT for the 2.0T?
After doing more research, this should be more accurate of a response.

1. Front brakes will indeed be brembo and likely 4 piston. The rears will likely be a standard non brembo caliper. (based on spy shots of the TLX-S on the highway)
2. Doing some more research 100% Single turbo setup. Might be a Hot V configuration or might be E-Turbo. Seems as the turbo sits above the transmission (photos are heavily distorted) also seems like some setup on passenger side front bank (black cover) as like a separate hybrid E-turbo. Engine will be DOHC, chain driven with a more advanced vtec setup.
3. Based on leaked photos of the unibody, yes.
4. Base models will be offered in FWD and AWD, type-s will only be AWD with the system calibrated more towards RWD. FWD vehicles might have torsen diff but I'm not too sure of it.
5. Both base and type-s will have 10 speed transmissions. Only difference, the type-s will have a beefier setup and re-calibrated differently.
6. As mentioned above, yes for sure.

Going back to a few more leaked photos, it seems as the interior spy shots of the Type-S shows analog gauges.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 05-27-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Is everyone ready for the Type S Concept? (Reveal Pics Page 5)