Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah the headlights are ugly!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
it looks pretty fotoshoped...like the grille...
Old 06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
luvs redheads!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the front looks as if you put your thumb over your nose and lifted up to mimic a pig.Its that ugly.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Cruisin'

the camo is actually not to make us crazy wondering how it's going to look, but to protect it from all those rock chips coz acura paint sucks big time!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 PM
5th Gear

I hate the back...
Old 06-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I know the outside looks are important, but I look at th eindise as much or more sinc eI'm driving. From what I can see of the spy shots the hump in the dash makes me think MDX interior. Looking at the TSX control layout and 08 Accord, I sense the upscale car will have a cheapo look and feel to the center insturment stack. They need to learn from Infiniti, their dash layout is really nice.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by MTL TL-S
I hate the back...

yupz....it looks like a bloated civic..
Old 06-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm...If it looks close to that, I think the third time is the charm (rl, then tsx, then TL...)
Old 06-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
If the interior is anything like the 08 MDX's then Im sold.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
6th Gear

here's the other one:

Old 06-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by YoungCeo

Hmmm...If it looks close to that, I think the third time is the charm (rl, then tsx, then TL...)
I don't think the grille is going to be that dark. Mostly likely it will stick out like a sore thumb like it does on the RL and TSX...esp. on the dark colors.

Yes I still think it will look better on the TL than the RL and TSX.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cbusAcuracls
I don't think the grille is going to be that dark. Mostly likely it will stick out like a sore thumb like it does on the RL and TSX...esp. on the dark colors.

Yes I still think it will look better on the TL than the RL and TSX.
If you notice on the most recent spy pics, the grill has been body colored. As I recall, the red one showed a red grill, and not just red tape. We'll see though
Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts

I don't know. Looks like camo to me - color is wrong for it to be body color-matched. Grill color is much brighter red than the rest of the car.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
I don't know. Looks like camo to me - color is wrong for it to be body color-matched. Grill color is much brighter red than the rest of the car.
Look at the color of the grill itself...it is the same darker red as the hood/body. The tape color is a brighter red.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Pro

Look at the color of the grill itself...it is the same darker red as the hood/body. The tape color is a brighter red.

Looks like the red is photoshopped or something to me. Doesn't look real.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Instructor

all you have to look at is the portion of red on the rear quarter panels of the backseat passenger windows. you'll notice that the red upfront is just as "bright" and out of place to know that the red upfront is fake (I suppose connected as part of the whole leather strap-on thing) as a cover up. oddly enough the black ones don't have this tape treatment for the front
Old 06-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Don't drive so slow.

Thumbs up

I like it!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:57 PM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Digging it...more and more.

Originally Posted by rondog
already looks better:

Old 06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
07TL-CBP

Substitute the quad tailpipes and rims, unmask the rest of the front...especially, the rear quarter panel....... I think I really dig this!

Old 06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Racer

*laughing* YOu guys are going through what 'us' TSX folks went through...Initial rejection, then ...not so bad....humm...I realy dig it...then I like it...pretty soon....I MUST HAVE IT!!

I used to be a hater of the TSX and now I am a LOVER and an owner....see link...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27992672@N03/2611969406/

Bottom line is that I am sure you guys will enjoy your TL when you get the chance to see in real life, test drive it and see a few of them on the road. I am watching this thread closely as I like Acura's brand and have confidence in the brand...and like you, loved the 3rd generation and hoping the 4th generation will be well accepted.....
Old 06-30-2008, 04:27 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
It seems like some people are trying incredibly hard to convince others, who don't agree with them, that the car looks good. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't like what I've seen thus far, especially the rear end. Even the Photoshopped "illustration" of the front end is so-so for me, and is unlikely to turn out that way, anyways.

As for the "you say that now; you'll love it in a few months like when the 3G came out" people, let's be honest here: this isn't the same as the 3G "concept" car image that was floated around years ago. These are actual spy shots of the actual car, with very little masking on it - with exception to the front end.

I'll still reserve my final judgment for the final product, but I don't see Acura making any drastic changes to change my mind - and that's without even seeing the interior.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Racer

NTP66...I think that you are adopting a good attitude by keeping an open mind until you actually see it in the flesh. That being said, its possible that the current TL was more photogenic design than this 4th generation...I dunno. I am not trying to convince you to love the TL, its normal that the new design will not appeal to all..and maybe you will be one of them. That being said, my TSX looks soooo much better in person than on photos (with the bodykit) and I HATED the tsx when they showed pictures of it, even in its full release mode. Until I got to see it, sit in it, drive it and feel it.....its hard to make a solid decision.

Kind of like the girl that stands at the street corner that is not a full babe at first site but the more you look at her, get to know her, the more you want her and can't wait to get "in her"...maybe this will happen too
Old 06-30-2008, 06:24 PM
6th Gear

since i didnt do it initially decided to add wheels. I cant tell whats going on with the bumper lights. it looks like a lower projector with a rectilinear light above it, but i dont know how they arranged them in there. the no awd cars only have one light and thinner bumper openings.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ i agree. everyone seems to be keeping an open mind, and in my opinion, we'll all have to until we actually see this new upcoming 4G. prime example, look back to when the 3G came out; no one really liked it...

agreed with the tsx too 09tsx
Old 06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 09TSX
NTP66...I think that you are adopting a good attitude by keeping an open mind until you actually see it in the flesh. That being said, its possible that the current TL was more photogenic design than this 4th generation...I dunno. I am not trying to convince you to love the TL, its normal that the new design will not appeal to all..and maybe you will be one of them. That being said, my TSX looks soooo much better in person than on photos (with the bodykit) and I HATED the tsx when they showed pictures of it, even in its full release mode. Until I got to see it, sit in it, drive it and feel it.....its hard to make a solid decision.

Kind of like the girl that stands at the street corner that is not a full babe at first site but the more you look at her, get to know her, the more you want her and can't wait to get "in her"...maybe this will happen too
Looking at the present TL makes me grateful I have my 07. I know Acura will pack this car with many good options but if it looks anything like what I see now I will be very disappointed. The TSX screams of the Nissan Altima and this Acura TL screams of the 09 Maxima. Why is Acura copying the Nissans?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry guys.

It's doesn't matter how many nice wheels you put on this ugly car.

It's still just an ugly car with nice wheels.

My
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Advanced

I am keeping an open mind until I see it in person. And if I get a new model, it won't be until 2010 or 2011 and I would want to wait and get a Type-S.

I know alot of people don't like it, but hey, its a car. It has four wheels, four doors, a trunk and a hood. You can only design a car certain way until they all start looking a like.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
no more sporty look. damn it.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Pro

*laughing* YOu guys are going through what 'us' TSX folks went through...Initial rejection, then ...not so bad....humm...I realy dig it...then I like it...pretty soon....I MUST HAVE IT!!

I used to be a hater of the TSX and now I am a LOVER and an owner....see link...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27992672@N03/2611969406/

Bottom line is that I am sure you guys will enjoy your TL when you get the chance to see in real life, test drive it and see a few of them on the road. I am watching this thread closely as I like Acura's brand and have confidence in the brand...and like you, loved the 3rd generation and hoping the 4th generation will be well accepted.....

The TSX I too hated when I seen spyshots of it...and my opinion hasn't really changed since seeing it in person and driving it. The drive is very similiar to my 07 but exterior is just hidious to me. I hate the big open gapping plenum tooth design and the over pronounced wheel wells.
I am looking at the TL spyshots an it seems to have the same design features (Plenum grille for example) but it seems to flow better with the TL for some reason. Also is it just me but does the 09 TL have smaller fenders then the 09 TSX? I think (just my opinion) that the overall design of the TL right off the factory floor will be 10X than the TSX and the RL will ever be.
Don't get me wrong though. I think the TSX has potential but it needs to have:
1)19" rims stock (That aren't so cheap looking) to fill in those huge fenders
2) Grille options....I seen a maroon TSX sunday at the grocery store...and couldn't stand looking at that front end.
3) Overall stance change. My 07 stock stance seems alot sportier and sharper stock. The 09 reminds me of a new Carolla stance.

When I pay $31K for a car stock it better be jaw dropping off the factory floor.
Not have to spend $5K more to make it look decent looking...just my
Old 07-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Racer

cbusAcuracls...I am really anxious to see a TL come out soon and in person. I have seen some pics from a dealer presentation and from what I saw, I wasn't quite excited about it which made me jump on the 09 TSX rather than waiting for the 09 TL. That being said, the TL may indeed look much better in person than from what I saw in the pictures cause for me, my 09 TSX looks so much better in person than on any pics I have ever seen...especially with the aerokit. I have received alot of very positive comments on how great my car looks (although maybe some were not honest...and that fine, all that matters is how I LOVE my car) and no one commented on how hideous the front looked. In fact, I have had more comments on how agressive and bold the front fascia look and how thats their favorite feature of the car. There is a chance that the TL may turn out to be a stunner but until the car actually sits in the dealers lot and people can look at it, it can be really deceiving looking at it strictly in pictures, especially when its not detailed and partly camoed. I often think these spy pics do more harm for a brand than positive as they they to polarize the audience before the car maker has a chance to really make it look nice. Its almost looking at your blind date when she doesn't have her makeup and still has curlers in her hair...that could be enough to kill it for the night The TL (like the TSX) will not be gorgeous in every color (at least to everyone) so maybe your moroon experience of the TSX may have killed it for you but in MY opinion, Acura did a great job with the TSX and alot of people are now coming around and appreciating it more and more and the hard core haters are now accepting and embracing what it does offer. Mind you, some still are waisting their time crying over what it doesn't have over what it does have....so what, my g/f doesn't have the Pamela A... rack...big deal, she has lots of other GREAT thing to offer
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Pro

cbusAcuracls...I am really anxious to see a TL come out soon and in person. I have seen some pics from a dealer presentation and from what I saw, I wasn't quite excited about it which made me jump on the 09 TSX rather than waiting for the 09 TL. That being said, the TL may indeed look much better in person than from what I saw in the pictures cause for me, my 09 TSX looks so much better in person than on any pics I have ever seen...especially with the aerokit. I have received alot of very positive comments on how great my car looks (although maybe some were not honest...and that fine, all that matters is how I LOVE my car) and no one commented on how hideous the front looked. In fact, I have had more comments on how agressive and bold the front fascia look and how thats their favorite feature of the car. There is a chance that the TL may turn out to be a stunner but until the car actually sits in the dealers lot and people can look at it, it can be really deceiving looking at it strictly in pictures, especially when its not detailed and partly camoed. I often think these spy pics do more harm for a brand than positive as they they to polarize the audience before the car maker has a chance to really make it look nice. Its almost looking at your blind date when she doesn't have her makeup and still has curlers in her hair...that could be enough to kill it for the night The TL (like the TSX) will not be gorgeous in every color (at least to everyone) so maybe your moroon experience of the TSX may have killed it for you but in MY opinion, Acura did a great job with the TSX and alot of people are now coming around and appreciating it more and more and the hard core haters are now accepting and embracing what it does offer. Mind you, some still are waisting their time crying over what it doesn't have over what it does have....so what, my g/f doesn't have the Pamela A... rack...big deal, she has lots of other GREAT thing to offer
I agree with you on alot of your points and my last post was just alot of my own opinion. Your car does look alot better with the aero kit and with it being white it does go with the grille alot better (I think the Maroon w/ the silver grille might have been too much). How much extra was the aero kit though? That was mainly my point in the last post...and the fact (Again just my opinion) I would like to have better rims for a 31K car...but Acura is known for that. Yes over the years I think the 09 TSX will grow on me....Plus remember I am a little bias since I have an 07 TSX but I guess my point right now is I just hope the base 09 TL will please me with out additional features.
I'm not trying to be debbie downer on your car...Your car is def. the best 09 tsx I've seen. All that matters if you like it and you love driving it. Who cares what I think...but I was just stating my opinion thats all.
To each his own.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Racer

cbusAcuracls....Don't worry abou tthe comments about my car, I am not trying to come across as being insecure *lol* My whole point for making the comments was to try to remind TL people that you guys are going through what the TSX people have gone through a while back and I have seen (and most people agree) a major shift from 'bashing' to loving the car which is what you guys will likely see happen as the TL comes alive soon. I think the TL is a GORGEOUS car .... the current TL that is...... so its a hard model to improve on but something needs to happen as the design has gotten a bit dated now as we see so many of them on the road. I feel fairly confident that you guys will not be disappointed with the TL once people have had the time to look at it enough, drive it and see in the real world. My aerokit cost me about 2k (canadian) installed...which was worth it for me, I am the only one in my province (equivalent to a state) with one at this time and as far as being biased...don't worry, I traded my 2006 TSX for this one *wink*)

On a positive note, I think once you guys see the three wheels designs available for the TL, you will be happy as they are better looking than those of the TSX (although I kind of like the TSX stock wheels myself...the TL are really nice!).

Sorry guys for coming along in your TL forum, I just wanted to give you guys some hope that all is not lost yet for the TL.....
Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 AM
07TL-CBP

Originally Posted by paliknight
no more sporty look. damn it.
Agreed. I doubt that the 3G styling will ever again be matched. It seems that Acura is going for a mature or grown-up look - strongly opinionated styling that is neither sick nor horrid, but has touches of luxury and elegance that carries it or at least allows it to grow on you.

I think the styling is careful and intentional - perhaps to emphasize the TL as a 'sports LUXURY sedan' in lieu of a 'luxury SPORTS sedan.' No doubt, Acura will lose some to the G35, but gain some from Lexus (performance) and BMW (cost).

Just my thought....
Old 07-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Its almost looking at your blind date when she doesn't have her makeup and still has curlers in her hair...that could be enough to kill it for the night
Hmmm...thats a good point

On a positive note, I think once you guys see the three wheels designs available for the TL, you will be happy as they are better looking than those of the TSX (although I kind of like the TSX stock wheels myself...the TL are really nice!).
Any more information on these? Description? Are the wheels in the spy pics close to the factory rims?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Pro

Ok I'm back on topic...

So everyone......do you think if the 09 TL does have body color grilles will it make it look cheap or be the right touch??????

Old 07-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Racer

YoungCEO.....To answer your question about the wheels, yes, the one in the picture looks like the one I saw on the presentation although they are all darkened and certainly don't look as nice as what they actually look like. The thing I am trying to remember is which trim level these will be. Each trim level (three) has its own wheel design...and these maybe be the base one from what I recall but not 100% sure...
Old 07-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

YoungCEO.....To answer your question about the wheels, yes, the one in the picture looks like the one I saw on the presentation although they are all darkened and certainly don't look as nice as what they actually look like. The thing I am trying to remember is which trim level these will be. Each trim level (three) has its own wheel design...and these maybe be the base one from what I recall but not 100% sure...
You didn't take any pics???

I find it amazing that nothing has leaked as of yet, esp from that PPT presentation. Thx for the description though. It will definately be interesting to see how all these camo'd pics look when the car is a reality.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Racer

YoungCEO...it was hard for me to take pics from looking at a ppt on a computer screen *laughing* That being said, I think overall the TL will be well received, for me, the TSX fitted me better which is why I went that route.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:41 AM
aTLien

Originally Posted by cbusAcuracls
why does it have 4 fog lights?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 AM
07TL-CBP

Originally Posted by jumbosizeme79
why does it have 4 fog lights?
It looks like only 2 to me. The upper pair are part of the mask. They seem to be playing around with the masks. Also, the masks vary per spy cars.

Quick Reply: 2009 TL Pictures? ***NEW PICS ON PAGE 44***