Official RAYS ENGINEERING/VOLK RACING wheel thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:07 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Yeah, we know you got the hookup. I figured you were gonna say that. That's the best price I could after calling like 20+ places.

You also run the risk of shady dealers who don't know how to deal with Mackin...

Hope it work out for you.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
8AT > 6MT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Yeah, we know you got the hookup. I figured you were gonna say that. That's the best price I could after calling like 20+ places.

You also run the risk of shady dealers who don't know how to deal with Mackin...

Hope it work out for you.

VERY TRUE. For a big purchase like this, if i didn't have a hookup i'd be GLAD to pay more just for peace of mind
Old 05-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Jshmak
volk sf-challenge 19x8.5 +34 offset
kumho ecsta spt tires 19/235/35
They look alot like Volk GT-S. I thought Volk GT-S are already out? How would the Volk GT-S look on a 07 ASM TL-S with A-Spec body kit? In a 19" 245-35-19 what color wheel(GT-S) Silver or grey center. Or would Volk GT-C look better? VOTE PLEASE
Old 05-06-2007, 10:39 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
They look alot like Volk GT-S. I thought Volk GT-S are already out? How would the Volk GT-S look on a 07 ASM TL-S with A-Spec body kit? In a 19" 245-35-19 what color wheel(GT-S) Silver or grey center. Or would Volk GT-C look better? VOTE PLEASE
you'll see soon how volk GT-S in gold looks on a WDP TL with the A-Spec kit and i believe, don't quote me...one of two 3rd Gen TLs with greddy exhausts
The following users liked this post:
JD TL-S (04-07-2012)
Old 05-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Safety Car

Hey JD,
Look, you have a zillion post in the wheels and tires forum asking "what fits a TL-S". I'm going to try and help a bit.

What you're probably aware of at this point is if you see a set of rims fitting on a MT TL, it's gonna fit your TL-S, so let that be a valuable tool as you search the forums.

Your bolt pattern is 5x114.3. The TL can support any rim 17in-19in provided the offset fits and the rim clears the large brake calipers (and that's the hard part). 20 inches+ and you may have to trim some of the fenderwell a bit to prevent scrubbing.

Stock wheel width is 8", the TL can fit up to 9 inches, but the fitment gets crazy finding a 9in wheel, with proper offset and will clear Brembos. Most folks opt for a 8-8.5 in rim. The back can actually take a 10in rim, but I have no idea how or why folks run staggered wheels on a FWD car. You're on your own on that.

Offset is defined as where the centerline of the wheel sits in relation to the wheel hub and is directly related to your rim width. Your stock offset is 8in rim with +45mm.
The TL fenderwells can take up to about a 30mm offset before you start getting really close to the fender. Going from a +45 to +30 offset on a 8 in rim physically moves the wheels "out" wider 15mm. Running wider usually looks better.
Some folks like to have the wheels NOT run so close tot he fender, so they opt for a "stock" offset, allowing the wheels to stuff better in the fenderwells, allowing deep drops...

Now.

Most Volk racing rims are "high clearance", in that thier designed to clear big brakes. You can pretty much order any Volk rim within a reasonable range of offsets and it will clear the Brembos and fit the fenders (At least in teh GT and SF series... the TE series are little tighter, and may need a spacer).

I ordered Volk GT-S's in 19x8.5 +36 offset. Those wheels are wider. The +36 offset make the wheel sit 15mm wider than stock on the outside egde, and 8mm more clearance on the inside edge, which doesn't matter.

Running a 245 or wider tire may amplify any rubbing issues when you run that much wider, as the tires are actually wider than the rim, thus getting even closer to the fender.

There lots of folks running Volk GT series wheels in 19 x 8.5, from offset +48 to +34 without any serious issue, and many are listed int he thread. You'll be safe as long as you stay in that range.

If you sway from Volk, you really need to test fit, or see someones rims installed and get thier specs.
Another example is those Privat Netz from Revolution Signworks. Those barely clear the brembos in a 19x8 +30 offset, again 15mm wider than stock.

I hpe this is helpful as you search for wheels. I say go Volks. I was opposed to spending a lot on Rims for a while, but your wheels really define your car, and Volks are some the finest made.
WOW You are "THE ONE" Thanks alot for more info. I did start threads on 07 TL-S search, but I guess what you said about Volks makes sense. People with $$$ cars usually have BIG brakes and can afford better wheels that fit. I wish I could compare Volk GT-S, GT-C, and a couple other 5 spoke style wheels. I have an ASM 07 TL-S. Do you think grey center or silver center Volk?
Thanks again very much. P.S. Have you heard of eWHEELz Vic Andronian ?
Old 05-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Safety Car

$2300 delivered... ouch... but not bad for Volk 19's
That was for the Volk GT-S, correct? Where is the best place to order from??? What about eWheelz.com ??? I talked to Vic A. several times. Actually mostly e-mails. I was looking to spend about $2000+ for 19's and tires. BUT if I need to spend $3,000 for Volks and tires its not that much more for quality that WILL fit. WHAT about them fitting or working with TPMS sensors? SORRY for all the questions But you guys are my Master
Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ehhh...

I'm looking to soon purchase a set of Gunmetal TE37's for my 07' TL-S (white)
I was thinking 19x8.5.....what offset should I get ?? and what spec tires should i get ???.....thanks in advance guys
Old 05-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Safety Car

SO if the offset is bigger, say +48, the wheel will be farther in towards the shock. And a smaller offset like +30 will go more flush with fender. My stock wheels are 17"x8" with +45 offset. If I get 235-35-19 shouldn't I stay with +45 offset. I read somewhere that the +45 offset is best for the TL as far as design and load on wheel bearings, etc. When Vic said that 5Zigen Sports Engine fit in 245-35-19" HE SAID TO GO WITH +38mm offset. Would this be better? Are those quality wheels? I know Volks are better, but how much? Are they better quality then the stock Enkei wheels?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Instructor

-JD TL-S

I have bought Volks from Vic before, he's not that bad of a guy to deal with. Just know that all these vendors are middle men for Volk. I've bought 3 sets of Volks from 3 different vendors and none of them could ever give me an exact ETA, but Volks are the way to go for wheels IMO. If you can I would try calling Mackin Industries directly to buy the wheels from them, I've heard of some people doing this. Good Luck.
JD TL-S (04-07-2012)
Old 05-06-2007, 11:18 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by mr.almeida
-JD TL-S

I have bought Volks from Vic before, he's not that bad of a guy to deal with. Just know that all these vendors are middle men for Volk. I've bought 3 sets of Volks from 3 different vendors and none of them could ever give me an exact ETA, but Volks are the way to go for wheels IMO. If you can I would try calling Mackin Industries directly to buy the wheels from them, I've heard of some people doing this. Good Luck.
mackin is an importer, they will not sell to you...don't waste your time. i'm getting 19x8.5 volk GT-S with a +43 offset...you can go anywhere down to +30mm offset...i'm using +30 right now and it's fine as long as you don't go too low...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Instructor

SO if the offset is bigger, say +48, the wheel will be farther in towards the shock. And a smaller offset like +30 will go more flush with fender. My stock wheels are 17"x8" with +45 offset. If I get 235-35-19 shouldn't I stay with +45 offset. I read somewhere that the +45 offset is best for the TL as far as design and load on wheel bearings, etc. When Vic said that 5Zigen Sports Engine fit in 245-35-19" HE SAID TO GO WITH +38mm offset. Would this be better? Are those quality wheels? I know Volks are better, but how much? Are they better quality then the stock Enkei wheels?
Well what look do you want? Aggressive? Tuck your wheels into your fenders for that slammed look? My tires are a 235/35/19 I believe and my rims are 19"x8.5" +33 offset. As you can see in the picture I posted how low you can go without rubbing. I've never owned a 5Zigen rim, but then again I'm biased towards Volks so I really couldn't give you an honest answer. As far as I know though if you want a light weight, high-quality wheel, then Volks are where it's at. My 19" Progressive ME's weigh less then my buddies 18" Work Emotions.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mr.almeida
Well what look do you want? Aggressive? Tuck your wheels into your fenders for that slammed look? My tires are a 235/35/19 I believe and my rims are 19"x8.5" +33 offset. As you can see in the picture I posted how low you can go without rubbing. I've never owned a 5Zigen rim, but then again I'm biased towards Volks so I really couldn't give you an honest answer. As far as I know though if you want a light weight, high-quality wheel, then Volks are where it's at. My 19" Progressive ME's weigh less then my buddies 18" Work Emotions.
Thankyou very much I want a flush look, but DON'T want the tires to go past the fenders even 1mm If I lower my car, it will be only 1". I am considering Volk GTS, GTC in 19" with maybe 245-35-19 RE 050A tires. I was told they will fit the Brembo's on my 07 TL-S. I HOPE Maybe the tire should be in a little, like stock wheels. But not in too far. What offset would be best with my set-up? ALSO, YOUR opinion as to the color of the center of these 2 Volks for my ASM TL-S. THANKYOU VERY MUCH OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
8AT > 6MT

volks come in many different offsets....so it's kinda hard to choose, a lot of them will fit, but of course it will give you a different fit as well...either more flushed wit the fender or more inside... as for color, why not go with what you like and forget what we think?
JD TL-S (04-21-2012)
Old 05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Gt-v Ftmfw!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by Revolution SignWorks
mackin is an importer, they will not sell to you...don't waste your time. i'm getting 19x8.5 volk GT-S with a +43 offset...you can go anywhere down to +30mm offset...i'm using +30 right now and it's fine as long as you don't go too low...
JD,
Is ASM Anthrasite or Silver? Anthracite and silver looks great with the Gunmetal (gray) colored wheels. I actually prefer silver faced wheels on the regular silver cars though.

GT-C on WDP
Name:  IMG_0182.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  81.2 KB

Ray's G-Games Sidewinders (Cheaper version of Volks)

Ray's G-Games Wolf

2 technical notes for clarification.

1) Yes, your assessment is correct. A higher number offset means the wheels move closer to "inside" the fenderwell. The closer you move the wheels out to "flushing" the wheels, the higher likely hood you are to rub/need to roll your rear fenders.

2) RS posted you can support up to a +30 offset. That's not exactly true. Your offset is determined by wheel width. an 8.5 rim with a +36mm offset = a 8in rim with a +30 offset. Both wheels will ride at 15 mm wider than stock on the outer face...
Play with this calculator to see the difference:
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
If you want a 8.5in rim, you can't go much more than more than +36

When using the calculator, remember you can't go much wider than 5mm on the inside face and 15mm on the outside face. Some folks are running a +33 offset on a 8.5 in rim, an thats 18mm wider. That's getting really close.

3) You keep referencing tires. Tires only affect you when you're danger close to rubbing the outer fender. a 245 tire is 10mm wider than a 235. Running a 245 tire will be a bit fatter on the rim that a 235. Some tire manufacturers run "fatter" on the rim than other too, so this is a crapshoot. A fatter tire will run closer and may "overhang the rim... This your rim will clear, but your tire will scrub. If you're gonna run + 15mm wider than stock offset (+34,33 on a 8.5in rim) I'd consider a 235 tire.

A note about Volks. They're hard to get... period, especially in the offsets we need. Most tune shops seem to only carry the sizes/offsets that fit the 350Z. Go to Mackins page, find an approved retailer and start making calls. Be prepared to pay 1/2 now and wait up to 120 days to get them.
JD TL-S (04-21-2012)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Safety Car

Thankyou again Kennedy for improving my knowledge! ASM is Alabaster silver. The problem I have is when I put the 05 chromed TL wheels on my car, they are so bright it makes the color ( ASM ) look darker, over powering the silver. I looked at several cars on photo gallery @ ewheelz.com and love how clean the silver GT-C looks. But I am concerned about the over powering look of bright silver wheels to my silver car. I am affraid the gunmetal color will remind me too much like the stock Grey 07 TL-S wheels. Many people don't like the grey 07 TL-S wheels. Saying they look too dark and dirty. AS far as tire size and offset, I guess I should get 235-35-19" tires and an offset like the stock offset like +45. I don't plan on lowering my car any more then 1" if I lower it at all. I might NOT lower it at all. I want the tires/19" wheels to be about the same as stock in relationship to the body. I like the tire to be almost flush with the body, BUT NOT even close to sticking past the fender. THAT looks like CRAP!

I know everybody says to get what I LIKE, but I like to take opinions as a helping guideline to choosing since I have never seen any in person. I don't mind waiting, I just want the best and correct offset for the car.

So would 19x8.5" with offset +45 look good for what I want? OR should I go +40. I just went out and measured the amount the tires are in from the fenders. With the stock 17x8" wheels with +45 offset, the front tire is 1/2" in from the fender, and the rear is 3/4" in from the fender. So with a Volk 19x8.5" wheel with a +45 offset, will the 235-35-19" tires be 5mm closer to being flush with to the fender. What offset in the Volk 19x8.5" wheel will be best without going past the fender. IF they stick PAST the fender even 1mm I WILL SHIT MY PANTS! I hate that look.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:58 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Sounds like you've made up your mind then... I'd go with the GT-C's in the matte silver finish:

The matte silver center isn't over powering, but you get a nice look of bling poppin' from the lip.

I'd do 19 x 8.5 +40. Using the 1010tires offset calculator I posted above, that wheel will run 1mm less on the inside face, +11mm (<1/2in) wider on the outside face. There's more than enough room in the fenderwell to to do this, especially if you don't plan to drop more than an 1in. FYI, I ordered the GT-s in 19x8.5 +36

You don't run the risk of the wheel sticking beyond the fender until about +25mm offsets on a 8.5in rim

Get off the fence and order. It's gonna be a long 90 day wait for you.
JD TL-S (04-21-2012)
Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^Mine took almost 120 days.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Safety Car

Sounds like you've made up your mind then... I'd go with the GT-C's in the matte silver finish:

The matte silver center isn't over powering, but you get a nice look of bling poppin' from the lip.

I'd do 19 x 8.5 +40. Using the 1010tires offset calculator I posted above, that wheel will run 1mm less on the inside face, +11mm (<1/2in) wider on the outside face. There's more than enough room in the fenderwell to to do this, especially if you don't plan to drop more than an 1in. FYI, I ordered the GT-s in 19x8.5 +36

You don't run the risk of the wheel sticking beyond the fender until about +25mm offsets on a 8.5in rim

Get off the fence and order. It's gonna be a long 90 day wait for you.
YAH. I had a long talk with Vic @ eWheelz. He said 19x8.5" Volk GT-C Silver with +39 offset for $2330 shipped without center caps.
BUT I can't use TPMS with them WHAT next. I want good tires, he tried selling me 235-35-19 HANCOCK K104 tires. K-MART tires on quality wheels doesn't thrill me I want Pole Position RE 050A.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:18 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

You have to use a banding system to use TPMS in 2 piece wheels... It can be done.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155235

The band system is about $40 from www.discounttiredirect.com. A new set of sensor is about $150. Sucks to have to make that investment... but it'll make future sale that much easier.

Your really will be fine with 245's... I plan to get Falken 452's in a 245. Rated as high as Toyo's, but a lot cheaper. I burn tires up with a 80 mile commute a day, won;t spend too much for them. You can get Falken 452 for about $620 delivered from ebay.

The most crucial step is finding a quality shop that can mount and balance for you without damaging them. My last 2 sets of wheels were scarred up by the monkey behind the machine... Be careful.
JD TL-S (04-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Safety Car

You have to use a banding system to use TPMS in 2 piece wheels... It can be done.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155235

The band system is about $40 from www.discounttiredirect.com. A new set of sensor is about $150. Sucks to have to make that investment... but it'll make future sale that much easier.

Your really will be fine with 245's... I plan to get Falken 452's in a 245. Rated as high as Toyo's, but a lot cheaper. I burn tires up with a 80 mile commute a day, won;t spend too much for them. You can get Falken 452 for about $620 delivered from ebay.

The most crucial step is finding a quality shop that can mount and balance for you without damaging them. My last 2 sets of wheels were scarred up by the monkey behind the machine... Be careful.
This morning when I was on my HP computor a pop up from HP said new upgrade to install. SO I DID. Well my computor is ALL FCKED UP NOW!!! Lost all favorites, 100's. And everything is re organized.
I can't view anything you put on your posts! And my email is now not Comcast its AOL. Which I hate. I HATE COMPUTORS Thanks for the new information.
It just seams like the biggest headache to live around Chicago. When I did 8 months of research about home theater and HD projectors with fixed screens, etc. etc. NOWHERE around here has anything. ALL in Cal. Florida, New York. CHICAGO SUCKS for anything nice. Only cheap crap around here.
So after maybe findind a wheel I like, for $2450 with center caps, I need to spend $900 more on good tires, $250 on straps and sensors, then GET lucky finding a place around Chicago that won't FCK them up mounting for another $100. THIS is getting to be WAY TOO MUCH. I ujst want a nice set of wheels.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This morning when I was on my HP computor a pop up from HP said new upgrade to install. SO I DID. Well my computor is ALL FCKED UP NOW!!! Lost all favorites, 100's. And everything is re organized.
I can't view anything you put on your posts! And my email is now not Comcast its AOL. Which I hate. I HATE COMPUTORS Thanks for the new information.
It just seams like the biggest headache to live around Chicago. When I did 8 months of research about home theater and HD projectors with fixed screens, etc. etc. NOWHERE around here has anything. ALL in Cal. Florida, New York. CHICAGO SUCKS for anything nice. Only cheap crap around here.
So after maybe findind a wheel I like, for $2450 with center caps, I need to spend $900 more on good tires, $250 on straps and sensors, then GET lucky finding a place around Chicago that won't FCK them up mounting for another $100. THIS is getting to be WAY TOO MUCH. I ujst want a nice set of wheels.
Just give in and buy mines No modifications needed and they look better than 99% of the volks out there
Old 05-07-2007, 03:38 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

You want Volks... You gotta pay.

Seriously get the GT-C's... I said the same thing, bought a set of Privat Netz (see Revolution Signworks thread)... Never even installed them. Sold them to order the GT-S's. Makes no sense to waste money on something you don't really want.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:40 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Just give in and buy mines No modifications needed and they look better than 99% of the volks out there
JJ... Brembos. No workie on TL-S. GT-S's are that 1% BTW.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why wouldn't it work though, same offset as the stock wheels...

grrrr...i'm trying to get a supercharger by fall
Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Why wouldn't it work though, same offset as the stock wheels...

grrrr...i'm trying to get a supercharger by fall
I though it was you who posted they wouldn't fit, due those wheel being medium dish... Post a pic of your brake clearance.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:38 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
That looks really really good.
Very Very nice
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Safety Car

Now that I know Volk GT-C's will fit, 245-35-19" tires, +39 offset, 19"x8.5" wheel for $2450 shipped with center caps, Why doesn't Vic Andonian @ eWheelz know about the straps for TPMS. He said he does 40 sets of wheels a day. 1 thing that pissed me off, was he asked me if my 07 TL-S was an Auto or manual. I said it doesn't matter, ALL 07 TL-S have Brembo's. He said NO thats not true, some 07 TL-S don't have Brembo's. I told him its standard on ALL 07 TL-S, auto and manual. He again said I was wrong. I finally dropped that conversation and went back to wheel specs. Should I just buy the wheels from eWheelz and buy tires from Tirerack, order straps for the sensors, order TPMS sensors from Acura, then TRY to find a place to mount and balance. Then I have to go back to Acura to have them dial in the freq of the sensors to the car. THIS IS NUTS!!! But this seams to be the best way I guess. If my credit cards weren't THROUGH the roof, I would order them yesterday. BUT all the things that need to be done JUST to get a set of tires/wheels on my car is driving me crazy.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

You owe me kid...

1) You're gonna have to buy the wheels and tires and tpms seperate. Victor obviously knows his ass from a hat... No way he's gonna understand what you're tyrying to do. Just get your wheels from him.

TPMS banding is kind of a new thing, and really kind of a lash up solution... but it really is the only thing out there right now that works.

2) Tirerack is overpriced. Shop your tires well and save a few bucks. Consider the Falken 452... Many have and love them.

3) Yep, order your straps from discount tire, and your tpms sensors from hondacuraworld. Go ahead and get those now to soften the financial blow of the 2nd half of the wheels and tires.

4) While you're waiting for the wheels do your homework and find a shop that handles high end aftermarket wheels. This is not a job for the local wheel monkey.

5) No trip to the dealer is required, the sensors auto calibrate within the first 15 miles. This means you can take your Volks off and ride stockers during those harsh Chicago winters...

Welcome to the big league...

Now that I know Volk GT-C's will fit, 245-35-19" tires, +39 offset, 19"x8.5" wheel for $2450 shipped with center caps, Why doesn't Vic Andonian @ eWheelz know about the straps for TPMS. He said he does 40 sets of wheels a day. 1 thing that pissed me off, was he asked me if my 07 TL-S was an Auto or manual. I said it doesn't matter, ALL 07 TL-S have Brembo's. He said NO thats not true, some 07 TL-S don't have Brembo's. I told him its standard on ALL 07 TL-S, auto and manual. He again said I was wrong. I finally dropped that conversation and went back to wheel specs. Should I just buy the wheels from eWheelz and buy tires from Tirerack, order straps for the sensors, order TPMS sensors from Acura, then TRY to find a place to mount and balance. Then I have to go back to Acura to have them dial in the freq of the sensors to the car. THIS IS NUTS!!! But this seams to be the best way I guess. If my credit cards weren't THROUGH the roof, I would order them yesterday. BUT all the things that need to be done JUST to get a set of tires/wheels on my car is driving me crazy.
JD TL-S (04-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dan.....k
My ride with CE28N's

I thought I had seen your ride on NT mr.almeida I always wondered if anyone from NT was on here.
I see you went with a taller tire-235-45-19. Does it effect your speedo much? I guess your car is stock height?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:20 AM
8AT > 6MT

You want Volks... You gotta pay.

Seriously get the GT-C's... I said the same thing, bought a set of Privat Netz (see Revolution Signworks thread)... Never even installed them. Sold them to order the GT-S's. Makes no sense to waste money on something you don't really want.

not to thread jack the volk thread...but i still really dig my netz =) for the price of my netz, you can probably buy two sets with rims and tires and still be cheaper than volks with CF center caps and rays lugs.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Safety Car

You owe me kid...

1) You're gonna have to buy the wheels and tires and tpms seperate. Victor obviously knows his ass from a hat... No way he's gonna understand what you're tyrying to do. Just get your wheels from him.

TPMS banding is kind of a new thing, and really kind of a lash up solution... but it really is the only thing out there right now that works.

2) Tirerack is overpriced. Shop your tires well and save a few bucks. Consider the Falken 452... Many have and love them.

3) Yep, order your straps from discount tire, and your tpms sensors from hondacuraworld. Go ahead and get those now to soften the financial blow of the 2nd half of the wheels and tires.

4) While you're waiting for the wheels do your homework and find a shop that handles high end aftermarket wheels. This is not a job for the local wheel monkey.

5) No trip to the dealer is required, the sensors auto calibrate within the first 15 miles. This means you can take your Volks off and ride stockers during those harsh Chicago winters...

Welcome to the big league...
YAH YOU THE MAN I must appologize for getting my panties all tangled. I have had a VERY bad year IF you were in the area I would treat you to a steak dinner. I guess I will call around for all info about straps, sensors, etc. I have been told some untrue stories from other people. NOT on this forum. From Acura parts and other places I have called. I still want to make sure I am NOT making a mistake spending SO much and buying Volks. I went back to page 1 of this thread and read most of the 17 pages. HOLLY COW Now I know what a bunch of crap about trying to buy Volks Anyway, thankyou for your expertise and knowledge I went to several websites tonight viewing pics and prices I have to decide between GT-C & GT-S in silver face. OH what is face 1 & 2 ? I also need to learn more about cone and ball lug nuts? I NEED SLEEP! THANKS AGAIN
Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Revolution is right, there are some nice wheels out there. A SET of those Netz like in his picture are only about $800, and the TPMS sensors bolt right onto the faces... but they're not Volks.

Only place you need to call about strapping the TPMS is discount tire... They're the only people I've found that actually carry a kit. teh picture if from the 350Zforums, they started doing this back in 2003 from homedepot parts. Now DT sells a kit to make it easy.

That's what i say about getting your order in now, and go with a quality vendor.

Face 1 and 2 refers to the shape of the center casting. Face 1 is concave to allow clearance for the caliper, where face 2 is is more flat. You want 4 face 1's to allow for wheel rotation.

Shit... Yep, you need a set of conical lugnuts to mount pretty much any aftermarket wheel. I reccomend McGard splinedrive lugs for security reasons. The Rays extended duraluminum lugs are cool, but they're only offered in black, blue and read, and provide no security.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Edge Racing in Miami has good prices on tires.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Instructor

JD TL-S if your planning on getting GT-C's they take their own specific lug nuts and locking lug nuts. I just put on Volk 19X8.5 silver GT-C's on my Redondo red 06 TL. We used straps to mount the TPMS sensors on the wheels. When I get a chance I will post pictures.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Cruisin'

Exclamation Volk TE37's for sale

I have a set of TE37's for sale in Titanium Gunmetal.
43mm offset will clear brembo's
19x8.5
Falken 452 tires, 245.35.19 with 5k miles on them
Some curb rash. The rims are 2 months old.

I have wheel pictures to send, but it is inappropriate to post pics here.
Price is $2500 with tires, center caps and rays lugs + shipping
$2100 without tires. I think this is fair for slightly used Volks. I am selling them to help put money towards a wedding ring
If you are interested you can e-mail me at oneilldx@gmail.com
Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VT06TL
JD TL-S if your planning on getting GT-C's they take their own specific lug nuts and locking lug nuts. I just put on Volk 19X8.5 silver GT-C's on my Redondo red 06 TL. We used straps to mount the TPMS sensors on the wheels. When I get a chance I will post pictures.
That is Great I appreciate that Very much I can't wait to see. Also please tell me how tight the straps are, and if it effected how good the wheels got balanced. Anything strange about the straps.

I talked to a Authorized Volk dealer in Wisc. and he said they just drill another hole in the back of the wheel 180 degrees from the front valve stem. Then insert the TPMS sensor that way. I don't know what is better, but that sounded pretty good
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 PM

I see you went with a taller tire-235-45-19. Does it effect your speedo much? I guess your car is stock height?
I went with a 245/35/19. It looks high because I am riding on an A-Spec suspension.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:21 PM

You might have thought I was running 235s because my sig said 235/45/19.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dan.....k
You might have thought I was running 235s because my sig said 235/45/19.
I thought I saw 45 sidewall somewhere? That would make it taller and fill wheelwell better. I will prob get 245-35-19" Got new Magazine and the Volk GT-S is growing on me(in silver for ASM 07 TL-S A-Spec body only) I was looking to maybe get the Volk GT-C.

Quick Reply: Official RAYS ENGINEERING/VOLK RACING wheel thread.