Official RAYS ENGINEERING/VOLK RACING wheel thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:45 PM
User Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mr.almeida
Very true indeed. I have ordered 3 sets of Volks and 2 out of the 3 times the vendors were slow as hell to ship. However my special order one is the only one, which I knew would take 3 months.
I purposely went with someone else this time even thought he was about $100 more then the first place hoping the service would be better. So far it has not been. The GT-C's I ordered from E-wheelz (discount tire in El Monte, CA) price was the best anf front end service was the best dn the wheels were in stock at Mackin which I was told is right down the street from them. It still took me two months to get them even though I was told 1-2weeks. Vick would never return my calls or emails to find out what was going on and if he did he acted like I was bothering him. When I finally got the rims they only included 16 rays GTC lugs and did not send the locks because they were back-ordered (i finally got them 2 months later) I had to order some gorilla locks off ebay. After I finally installed them I had to get then rebalanced because I was told "to save money that don't use the hunter machines unless specifically requested". I ordered the ME's from R & D motorsports in Charleston SC. I was origanally told that he would have them in his shop in 5 weeks install the tires and I would have them in no more than six weeks. We just passed week 7 and when he finally decided to return my email I was told he does not even have them yet nor does he have a ETA. ...All I ask is please keep me in the loop and let me know wht is going on which apparently no Volk dealer can do that.

Sorry for the long rant just a little upset
Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Good deal man...! I work on that road so it's quite possible to see me there a lot.

It does look good If I wasn't on my way to a meeting I would have turned around to try to chase you down to get a closer look.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Instructor

mbdurham I'll update you on the situation I emailed Dave today. I demanded that either the rims come in this week or I will get a full refund. BTW this is how those Progressives look on a BMW...

Old 02-25-2007, 12:28 PM
User Registered

Thanks and please let me know what he says. If yours are here maybe mine are close.

Another pic of ME's on a e90 in Hong Kong

Name:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  75.5 KB
Old 02-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, those ME's are really nice but I hate when vendors screw with people like that.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by special-ed
yeah, those ME's are really nice but I hate when vendors screw with people like that.
Seems like almost all Volk dealers are a little lacking. Does anyone know if it is Ray's or Mackin that does not keep the vendors informed or is it all due to bad vendor service? I wish The Tire Rack would start selling Volk
Old 02-25-2007, 08:38 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Originally Posted by mbdurham
It does look good If I wasn't on my way to a meeting I would have turned around to try to chase you down to get a closer look.
haha i've done that to a few TLs on the road if theyve got aftermarket wheels on the car. I'm sure if I saw your TL on the road i would do the same.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:41 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by NCSU TL
I just talked to them today and they said it would be another month before i got my set in. I'm pissed I am not giving wheelsdirect.com anymore of my business. They said 90 days, then 2 weeks, then another month, who knows whats next. They wont return phone calls or emails the only way to get in touch with them is through instant messenger. Its just bad customer service. I hope i get them sometime and I will post pictures when and if I ever get them.
Dang that's a long wait. I was fortunate to have only waited 10 days for the TE37s to arrive. I ordered them through a local performance shop in town that does primarily German automobiles called GMP Peformance. (I used to work there).
I remember I ordered the wheels before I bought the car and they arrived the day before i went to get the car, which worked out perfectly.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Instructor

mbdurharm,
I spoke to Dave via e-mail and he told me that he's been too busy. Mackin should just cut the middle man out and let the customer order directly. I don't see how you can be too busy to send out rims, when that's what you do for a living. Oh yea here's Dave's megapost on Honda-Tech if you want to check him out... http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1470268
Old 02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Hey Eric I finally saw your car.....Looks great...You were driving down South Blvd on thurday I was going the opposite direction in the Bimmer
Small world...I'm on that Baghdad-like stretch of road twice a day.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered my Lexion's from Wheel-autohaus, they were pretty good
Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by JJaber06
I ordered my Lexion's from Wheel-autohaus, they were pretty good
It was funny there was a black M5 at the bodyshop today with the same wheels you've got.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
All this Volk talk makes me feel the pressure to switch out my Racing Hart's!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:14 PM
User Registered

mbdurharm,
I spoke to Dave via e-mail and he told me that he's been too busy. Mackin should just cut the middle man out and let the customer order directly. I don't see how you can be too busy to send out rims, when that's what you do for a living. Oh yea here's Dave's megapost on Honda-Tech if you want to check him out... http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1470268
Too busy...I am sure he wouldn't be two busy if he didn't have any money yet. I wish Mackin would do that or like I said before that Tire Rack started carrying Volks. If I would have gone with the BBS from TR they would have been on the car a month ago. I think my next set of Volks I will tell the vendor COD or no deal that should speed things up
Old 02-26-2007, 05:16 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like almost all Volk dealers are a little lacking. Does anyone know if it is Ray's or Mackin that does not keep the vendors informed or is it all due to bad vendor service? I wish The Tire Rack would start selling Volk
it's ray's that does not tell dealers what or when they are going to ship something. As far as I know it's a guessing game of what kind of rims arrived in a container each time. I personally ordered from Dave @ R&D two times but will not do that again. He was terrible at keeping me informed of the whole transaction. Every time I emailed him, he just told me the wheels were not there and kept on waiting for the next shipment. I waited 4 months on the TE37 and finally gave up.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by ekferio
it's ray's that does not tell dealers what or when they are going to ship something. As far as I know it's a guessing game of what kind of rims arrived in a container each time. I personally ordered from Dave @ R&D two times but will not do that again. He was terrible at keeping me informed of the whole transaction. Every time I emailed him, he just told me the wheels were not there and kept on waiting for the next shipment. I waited 4 months on the TE37 and finally gave up.
Thanks for the words of encouragement..LOL....I understand if Ray's does not give vendors information (he doesn't have control over that) but hell at least check with Mackin on a weekly basis and shoot me an email to let me know whats up even if he doesn't know anything. And don't make guestimated promises when trying to close a sale if you have no idea when they will be here. If he would have told me 3-4 months I would have probably either went with BBS or bought the CE28N's he had in stock.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the words of encouragement..LOL....I understand if Ray's does not give vendors information (he doesn't have control over that) but hell at least check with Mackin on a weekly basis and shoot me an email to let me know whats up even if he doesn't know anything. And don't make guestimated promises when trying to close a sale if you have no idea when they will be here. If he would have told me 3-4 months I would have probably either went with BBS or bought the CE28N's he had in stock.
yea if he told you 6 weeks to deliver and he still doesn't have the ETA 2 months later, then it's completely his fault. Sounds like he lured you into making a deposit. If you go to someone else now, you will have to wait all over again....i know how you feel.

his price isn't that good anyway, i've recently been shopping around and got price quotes from 3 different vendors, his was the highest.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Instructor

ekferio

Did you just end up getting a refund from him? I already demanded that I receive my rims this week or he can just give me back my money.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
10th Gear

ekferio

Did you just end up getting a refund from him? I already demanded that I receive my rims this week or he can just give me back my money.
I got tired of waiting indefinitely and asked him to find out what was in stock. Ended up getting LE37T instead.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Thanks ekferio,

J/W what was the turn around for the LE37Ts? He said that my Progressive Me's would be here a week after I ordered and it's been like 6 weeks already. The ME's were at Mackin chilling so I'm J/W if he took as long with the LE37s for you.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
It was funny there was a black M5 at the bodyshop today with the same wheels you've got.
wooot!

Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 PM
10th Gear

Thanks ekferio,

J/W what was the turn around for the LE37Ts? He said that my Progressive Me's would be here a week after I ordered and it's been like 6 weeks already. The ME's were at Mackin chilling so I'm J/W if he took as long with the LE37s for you.
It took about 2 weeks. What he did was having Mackin shipping the rims to him first, then re-sent them to me. He could have just drop shipped to me directly and saved another week. His excuse was "oh i didn't know you needed them in a rush"...sure, i only waited 4 months.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by ekferio
yea if he told you 6 weeks to deliver and he still doesn't have the ETA 2 months later, then it's completely his fault. Sounds like he lured you into making a deposit. If you go to someone else now, you will have to wait all over again....i know how you feel.

his price isn't that good anyway, i've recently been shopping around and got price quotes from 3 different vendors, his was the highest.
I wasn't too concerned with the lowest price I got burned doing that with my GT-C's I was hoping for service but I guess I am screwed in that department also
Old 02-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Scru U guyz, Im Goin Home

I waited 5 months to get my 203's (8/12/05 - 1/20/06) before I gave up & got my money back from a local shop. Called Steve at Mackin and found out that he had em in stock. Ordered em and had em on my car in four days flat.....
Old 02-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Racer

Well I ordered my GTMs frm Dave at R&D. Lowest price great service and better follow up service. Did not get my caps but he is getting them to me asap. Sometimes vendors do not have control of the containers. I am half a country away from Dave and just purchased another set of VOlks from him. Dave is a stand up guy and a great vendor. Sorry you had a negative experience.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by boku
I waited 5 months to get my 203's (8/12/05 - 1/20/06) before I gave up & got my money back from a local shop. Called Steve at Mackin and found out that he had em in stock. Ordered em and had em on my car in four days flat.....
Yeah, mine shipped directly from Mackin as well
Old 02-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Well I just spoke to Dave and I really appreciate that he took the time to talk to me. At times you may get his voicemail at the shop a lot, but he'll eventually get back to you via email or phone. All the negative things I said about him are out of anger. If there's anything I've learned from buying Volks it's that the vendor doesn't have that much control of the shipping. Even when they're in stock at Mackin there are errors that occur over there. As far as Dave from R&D he's a real respectable guy and I will order my next set of rims from him as well. Well I actually gave him business from buddies of mine.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Quick contribution even though it's not an Acura....

Old 02-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Not feeling those wheels on that 335....
Old 02-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by JJaber06
Not feeling those wheels on that 335....
Maybe without the red stripe....

THey are actually an E46 M3 fitment so the rear pokes out a bit too much. Probably why he sold them.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by doggydog
Well I ordered my GTMs frm Dave at R&D. Lowest price great service and better follow up service. Did not get my caps but he is getting them to me asap. Sometimes vendors do not have control of the containers. I am half a country away from Dave and just purchased another set of VOlks from him. Dave is a stand up guy and a great vendor. Sorry you had a negative experience.
I agree Dave seems like a supernice guy and as I said before I understand if it is Rays or Mackin not giving out information but all that I ask from anyone is to keep me in the loop on what is going on. If Mackin does not know anything Dave can send me a email on a weekly basis and tell me that he checked with Mackin and they do not know anything. If that was the case all of this negativity would be toward Mackin not R&D. I understand he is busy but my order is part of the reason he is busy. And in sales customer service and word of mouth are everything.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:47 PM
User Registered

Well I just spoke to Dave and I really appreciate that he took the time to talk to me. At times you may get his voicemail at the shop a lot, but he'll eventually get back to you via email or phone. All the negative things I said about him are out of anger. If there's anything I've learned from buying Volks it's that the vendor doesn't have that much control of the shipping. Even when they're in stock at Mackin there are errors that occur over there. As far as Dave from R&D he's a real respectable guy and I will order my next set of rims from him as well. Well I actually gave him business from buddies of mine.
This is all that I ask from Dave. Just let me know what is going on. If it is out of his control I understand just keep me in the loop. Communication is key If this is the case it won't be the last set of wheels I buy from Dave but it makes me strongly consider other brands as much as I love Volk
Old 02-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
hey.. does anyone know where I can find Volk te-37 19" bronze with offset +35?

If you have them, please list the price u got them for? I got quoted $2645 shipped to my door.... please PM me if u think u got a good offer. =)
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 AM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by TiggerL
check this out...

niceee....i can't wait for my set...i just ordered Volk GT-S in gold...19x8 +43offset...gonna be wrapped in 235/35/19 Toyo T1R.... hopefully it'll only take 6-8 weeks.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Revolution SignWorks
niceee....i can't wait for my set...i just ordered Volk GT-S in gold...19x8 +43offset...gonna be wrapped in 235/35/19 Toyo T1R.... hopefully it'll only take 6-8 weeks.

sweeeeet... very nice...=P
Old 03-06-2007, 07:11 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
RS, that's funny...
I bought the Netz because of your post. Sold them a few weeks ago and ordered a set of Gt-S's (Gunmetal). 19x8.5 +36 offset. I have a blemished set of GT-7s I'm refinishing in the exact same specs, and they clear Brembos.

Just wondering why you went with the 8 in rim and the higher offset?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:27 AM
8AT > 6MT

i wanted to stay as close to stock as i could so i could still slam the car even with 19s...
Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 AM
8AT > 6MT

plus 8" rim i can still run 245s...so there's really no point in buying a 8.5...since 8.5 is 1/2 wider, you should be going with a lower offset...like 34mm to compensate for the extra width...+34 is 11mm less which is .49 inches...so going with a 19x8.5 +34 is actually the ideal almost....but you gotta make sure the spoke type will clear the caliper..

..+43 or +40 is what the guy from mackin recommended i go with. less lip...more slam going with a 36 offset is 9mm less so that equals like .35 inches...so your rims still stick out closer to the fender...which "looks" better, but you run into problems like what i'm getting now with my +30mm privat netz IF you're too low...if you're not slammed then it's fine...
Old 03-06-2007, 12:07 PM
tehLEGOman

I am looking forward to the arrival of everyone's set of new shoes.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Looking foward to seeing those volks on your car

Quick Reply: Official RAYS ENGINEERING/VOLK RACING wheel thread.