Valve Chatter/Pinging/Knocking in 2007 TypeS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted to kill myself...

b/c i read over 8 pages of this thread and then jumped to the last page to find that NO RESOLUTION has been made... i literaly wasted an hour! i really hope that for those ppl that are experiencing this problem that SOMEONE takes care of this crap soon!

on side note, i have no idea what this noise sounds like, even after i heard the wav file. but yesterday i drove with my window open and heard a constant clicking noise as i accelerated (this is why i read over 8 pages of this thread). my car is auto and has 4200 miles on it. i will try to listen for it again.

seriously, i hope this gets resolved for everyone.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:37 AM
Joel Saxton

Originally Posted by pphunck

seriously, i hope this gets resolved for everyone.
It won't.

My guess is that a proper fix would involve the engine itself, and it would be too costly for Acura to admit a problem exists.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by joelsaxton
It won't.

My guess is that a proper fix would involve the engine itself, and it would be too costly for Acura to admit a problem exists.

engine management will fix it , but yeah it wont get fixed.

I mean like right now I am only getting pinging in very high rpm and pretty much only in third gear under >60% throttle and only when its over 80 degrees. You basically have to be speeding in order to hear. Kinda hard to take a tech on a test drive and tell him to gun it up past 60 mph in a 45 zone

I think more people need to start recording it via a mic in the engine bay.

I know that I am giong to do that and eventually if i keep the car Ill just get some engine management to set the timing and AF and that will fix it.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Racer

I bought a 5 gallon drum of xylene today at Sherwin-Williams. The regular price was $63.00 but I told the guy my story and that I would be in every 6 weeks or so for another drum and he gave it to me for $43.80. I did the math and, assuming I did it correctly, the cost per gallon in my tank when adding 2.5 gallons of xylene to 15 gallons of 93 octane gas ($3.75/gallon here in NJ), the 17.5 total tank-gallons comes out to about $4.50 per gallon to get about 97 octane.

Incidentally, a union painter saw me put the drum in my trunk and proceeded to warn me that this stuff is dangerous. He said to store it in a well ventilated area and he said that if I were to wipe-up a spill with a rag that it could spontaneously combust. He advised that I should wet the rag with water and throw it out.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oddly I haven't noticed any type of valve chatter. Maybe my hearing isn't good enough. Or perhaps our gas is just that much better in GA? I doubt it.

D
Old 05-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by don5504
Oddly I haven't noticed any type of valve chatter. Maybe my hearing isn't good enough. Or perhaps our gas is just that much better in GA? I doubt it.

D
Do you have a TL-S or straight TL? I think it's only the 3.5L engine that pings.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by gavine
Do you have a TL-S or straight TL? I think it's only the 3.5L engine that pings.
TL-S

D
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by don5504
TL-S

D
i bet if i drove your car i could make it ping
Old 05-07-2008, 02:09 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evanj5

I'm not sure if mine would be in the same league because at idle its not consistent. it fades in and out as if its something involving a belt or something that rotates in the engine. My acceleration is just fine but it will hold gears longer than it should. I'm really worried. I hope its something minor. *sigh*
Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Pro

Lovely.

D
Old 05-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
I'm not sure if mine would be in the same league because at idle its not consistent. it fades in and out as if its something involving a belt or something that rotates in the engine. My acceleration is just fine but it will hold gears longer than it should. I'm really worried. I hope its something minor. *sigh*
Noise at idle is something entirely different...
Old 05-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Drifting

I bought a 5 gallon drum of xylene today at Sherwin-Williams. The regular price was $63.00 but I told the guy my story and that I would be in every 6 weeks or so for another drum and he gave it to me for $43.80. I did the math and, assuming I did it correctly, the cost per gallon in my tank when adding 2.5 gallons of xylene to 15 gallons of 93 octane gas ($3.75/gallon here in NJ), the 17.5 total tank-gallons comes out to about $4.50 per gallon to get about 97 octane.

Incidentally, a union painter saw me put the drum in my trunk and proceeded to warn me that this stuff is dangerous. He said to store it in a well ventilated area and he said that if I were to wipe-up a spill with a rag that it could spontaneously combust. He advised that I should wet the rag with water and throw it out.
As an '07 TL-S owner, I really can't help but laugh at all of this. (I am selling mine next year, since I am disappointed with this car for many reasons.)

The "low tech" pushrod, 5.7 liter V8 (LS1) in my '99 Z28 Camaro 6 speed ran PERFECTLY on 91 octane gas and would run on 87 with NO KNOCK AT ALL (but with a marked reduction in power and fuel economy) if required to do so.

I always ran Shell 93 in it - the same as I run in this super "high tech" 3.5 liter Acura V6.

The difference is that Camaro got SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER fuel economy, made a LOT more power (302 HP at the drive wheels with a torque curve as flat as Kansas), was much more fun to drive and didn't require xylene or any other additives to do it.

Any modern passenger car that requires fuel additives in order to run correctly should documented, sold and the subject of a class action lawsuit.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Joel Saxton

How much did your Z28 weigh? Seems very strange that a 5.7L could get better mileage than a 3.5L. Do you have fuel economy stats for both cars?

At any rate, yes, I am also disappointed by my 07 TLS. I am also very annoyed with Acura's area-51 style cover-up of the whole pinging issue. Try it for yourself. Call them and tell them your TLS pings, and they will say "we never heard of this problem".
Old 05-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Drifting

How much did your Z28 weigh? Seems very strange that a 5.7L could get better mileage than a 3.5L. Do you have fuel economy stats for both cars?

At any rate, yes, I am also disappointed by my 07 TLS. I am also very annoyed with Acura's area-51 style cover-up of the whole pinging issue. Try it for yourself. Call them and tell them your TLS pings, and they will say "we never heard of this problem".
Mine weighed 3,380 (1LE 6 Speed Z28 - a REAL runner compared to this TL-S).

HOWEVER, every 6 speed LS1 F-Body was EPA rated @ 19/28 (older method) and some topped 3,600 pounds (e.g. WS6 Trans Am convertible).

The assumption that larger engines must get inferior fuel economy is largely flawed.

Recall that: KINETIC ENERGY = 1/2 MASS * VELOCITY^2

That LS1 made nice power at very low engine speeds, meaning that the engine does not HAVE to rev in order to propel the car down the road. (I rarely exceeded 1,500 RPM during my daily commutes, yet still managed to stay in front of the pack.)

The car would cleanly pull 6th gear @ 35 MPH up a mild grade with a mere 700 RPM registering on the tach.

Low RPMS translate to low internal engine part speeds (e.g. pistons, rods, crank, valves, etc.).

While the combined MASS of those parts in the larger engine is greater, their VELOCITY at any given vehicle speeds can be far less due to all that low engine power.

MASS is a first order determinant of ENERGY (e.g. fuel energy), while VELOCITY is a 2nd order (squared") determinant.

Compare the fuel economy of the new Corvette to an S2000, for example:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

LS3 Corvette (base engine)/6 speed/manual trans: 436 HP (with optional factory exhaust). 15 city/26 Highway/19 Combined under new '08 EPA rating system

S2000: 236 HP 4 cylinder/6 speed manual trans: 18 city/25 highway/21 combined under new '08 EPA rating system

The 'Vette is roughly 400 pounds heavier than the S2000, produces a whopping 200 more HP and sacrifices a mere 2 MPG (combined). Sounds like a deal to me.

Some people will say, "Well, the S2000 would get much better mileage if it were geared like the Corvette." In theory that may be true. In reality it's not, since an S2000 carrying that kind of gearing would be impossible to drive and would buck, stall and puke every moment due to its lack of low end grunt.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Advanced

hanent driven the TL-S since the day the NSX arrived. The NSX gets far superior gas mileage to the TL or my MDX. Amazing how they have basically used a sloppy engine managment system to accomodate for poor design. The NSX engine runs far more dependably than the TL-S. It doesnt sit and hunt for the perfect timing the entire drive. I would recommend one to anyone interested in a high performance vehicle for the same or less than the cost of the TL-S.

I'll probably dump the TL-S on ebay in a week or so and put the payments I would have used on the TL towards the Super Charger I have sitting in the box ready to bolt on. An EMS and I'm ready to go!!!!

Best of luck fighting an uphill battle. I was too tired of dealing with a lower class of idiot at my dealership and just all around lies throughout the acura organization when it related to this issue.

L8tr

Sonic Advantage Rob
Old 05-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by harddrivin1le
Mine weighed 3,380 (1LE 6 Speed Z28 - a REAL runner compared to this TL-S).

HOWEVER, every 6 speed LS1 F-Body was EPA rated @ 19/28 (older method) and some topped 3,600 pounds (e.g. WS6 Trans Am convertible).

The assumption that larger engines must get inferior fuel economy is largely flawed.

Recall that: KINETIC ENERGY = 1/2 MASS * VELOCITY^2

That LS1 made nice power at very low engine speeds, meaning that the engine does not HAVE to rev in order to propel the car down the road. (I rarely exceeded 1,500 RPM during my daily commutes, yet still managed to stay in front of the pack.)

The car would cleanly pull 6th gear @ 35 MPH up a mild grade with a mere 700 RPM registering on the tach.

Low RPMS translate to low internal engine part speeds (e.g. pistons, rods, crank, valves, etc.).

While the combined MASS of those parts in the larger engine is greater, their VELOCITY at any given vehicle speeds can be far less due to all that low engine power.

MASS is a first order determinant of ENERGY (e.g. fuel energy), while VELOCITY is a 2nd order (squared") determinant.

Compare the fuel economy of the new Corvette to an S2000, for example:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

LS3 Corvette (base engine)/6 speed/manual trans: 436 HP (with optional factory exhaust). 15 city/26 Highway/19 Combined under new '08 EPA rating system

S2000: 236 HP 4 cylinder/6 speed manual trans: 18 city/25 highway/21 combined under new '08 EPA rating system

The 'Vette is roughly 400 pounds heavier than the S2000, produces a whopping 200 more HP and sacrifices a mere 2 MPG (combined). Sounds like a deal to me.

Some people will say, "Well, the S2000 would get much better mileage if it were geared like the Corvette." In theory that may be true. In reality it's not, since an S2000 carrying that kind of gearing would be impossible to drive and would buck, stall and puke every moment due to its lack of low end grunt.
I agree with this for the most part. I'm in the market for a work truck and the small 4.7 or 4.8 V8 (can't remember) gets about the same mileage as the 4.3 V6.

One factor you left out is more cylinders usually equal more friction. This may not be true with the LS series motors. I'm assuming they used lower tension rings than motors of the past judging by their oil consumption problems.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Joel Saxton

Originally Posted by dingdongman
hanent driven the TL-S since the day the NSX arrived. The NSX gets far superior gas mileage to the TL or my MDX. Amazing how they have basically used a sloppy engine managment system to accomodate for poor design. The NSX engine runs far more dependably than the TL-S. It doesnt sit and hunt for the perfect timing the entire drive. I would recommend one to anyone interested in a high performance vehicle for the same or less than the cost of the TL-S.

I'll probably dump the TL-S on ebay in a week or so and put the payments I would have used on the TL towards the Super Charger I have sitting in the box ready to bolt on. An EMS and I'm ready to go!!!!

Best of luck fighting an uphill battle. I was too tired of dealing with a lower class of idiot at my dealership and just all around lies throughout the acura organization when it related to this issue.

L8tr

Sonic Advantage Rob
What model year NSX? Is it the comptech supercharger?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I wouldn't go quite that far. The motors seem to be solid, they're holding up ok even with the detonation problems. It's the engine management that's messing things up. It does make you wonder though, if it is just engine management, why hasn't the problem been resolved yet.
I'm starting to realize that this problem is not able to be fixed via engine-management. It is seeming more and more obvious that it is detonation from the high compression and has nothing to do with ignition timing. The proof is in the cars that were tested with a laptop and the knock sensor retarded the timing in large degrees but the knock was still there. The only way to alleviate the problem would be to use less volatile fuel (ie: higher octane...97 as someone has test to be the minimum) or get new heads that will lower the compression ratio.

If it were engine management, I think Honda would have fixed this by now.

I have to say that I'm surprised, after hearing about all of the damage which pre-detonation can cause, that there haven't been any major engine problems reported yet. Time will tell I suppose.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Considering how much heat there must be around the exhaust valves and ports from the close-coupled catalytic converters and integrated manifolds, I wonder if something illegal like deleting the cats would reduce the knocking? I would certainly never do this and I'm not encouraging it, but I'm speaking from a hypothetical perspective. Over in the performance subforum, there are "pre-cat deletes" available in additional to a host of other TL exhaust goodies.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Team Owner

I'm starting to realize that this problem is not able to be fixed via engine-management. It is seeming more and more obvious that it is detonation from the high compression and has nothing to do with ignition timing. The proof is in the cars that were tested with a laptop and the knock sensor retarded the timing in large degrees but the knock was still there. The only way to alleviate the problem would be to use less volatile fuel (ie: higher octane...97 as someone has test to be the minimum) or get new heads that will lower the compression ratio.

If it were engine management, I think Honda would have fixed this by now.

I have to say that I'm surprised, after hearing about all of the damage which pre-detonation can cause, that there haven't been any major engine problems reported yet. Time will tell I suppose.
You can rest assured the damage is being done. Instead of blown headgaskets or broken ring lands, it's chipping away at pistons, headgaskets, and rod bearings a little at a time.

I'm one of the ones that put a laptop on it. It took 97 octane to stop the detonation. Once it starts, it takes a lot of timing retard to stop it. It's better to never have it in the first place.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by junktionfet
Considering how much heat there must be around the exhaust valves and ports from the close-coupled catalytic converters and integrated manifolds, I wonder if something illegal like deleting the cats would reduce the knocking? I would certainly never do this and I'm not encouraging it, but I'm speaking from a hypothetical perspective. Over in the performance subforum, there are "pre-cat deletes" available in additional to a host of other TL exhaust goodies.
I don't know about the heat but generally less backpressure will help reduce detonation.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Pro

It was 90 degrees out today and my car was a pinging POS. I just kept it under 3k rpm all day cause i didnt want to hear it.

I disagree about engine managment. Tuning the car will eliminate pinging because you can set an a/f ratio and timing to always be the same.

Are ECU's are continuously trying to advance timing to the point of detonation to get the best mpg and best emissions and the knock sensors then are suppose to pull back timing. However the ECU sucks at pulling timing and or the knock sensors just dont work well hense the issue.

If I got engine managment I would go get tuned on a 90 degree day like today until there was no pinging and be done with it.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Team Owner

It was 90 degrees out today and my car was a pinging POS. I just kept it under 3k rpm all day cause i didnt want to hear it.

I disagree about engine managment. Tuning the car will eliminate pinging because you can set an a/f ratio and timing to always be the same.

Are ECU's are continuously trying to advance timing to the point of detonation to get the best mpg and best emissions and the knock sensors then are suppose to pull back timing. However the ECU sucks at pulling timing and or the knock sensors just dont work well hense the issue.

If I got engine managment I would go get tuned on a 90 degree day like today until there was no pinging and be done with it.
I think it's engine management also. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is Acura's lack of response to the problem. The TL is already pushing the limits of pump gas with 11:1 compression. A slight machining error and you're over 11:1 with timing maps meant for 11.

There's also the chance of a hotspot in the combustion chamber. I've seen a turbo motor that pinged over an extended period of time and as time went on it pinged easier and easier. When I pulled a head, one of the pistons was chipped away down the the first ring land in a couple places with very small little craters from the pinging. Once it made a rough edge on the piston, the hotspot was created and just got progressively worse until it lost compression.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Instructor

94 degrees here in Cali and in my TL-S, I can hear the wonderful pinging over VTEC and my CAI.

I know it's been confirmed, but I would just like to say I hear the pinging A LOT more on a hot day compared to other days where it's 65 degrees out.

I use 91 chevron all the time.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got my problem solved, I just traded that sucker in for a Lexus is250-here in MA.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by sam617
Just got my problem solved, I just traded that sucker in for a Lexus is250-here in MA.
WOW man, your nuts.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Advanced

92 with a whipple type comptech. Love it! Its my second actually. I should have never sold my fist one...a garage queen Sebring Silver. Man I miss her.

I'm getting daily call from attornies asking for my paperwork so they can proceed with the lemon law filings. They need all the shop reports, registration, copies of lease or sale and a few other things. Will take around 6 weeks to get an offer from Acura but they say its not difficult at all with ammo like we have! Don't just get mad, get PAID! Will all the downpaymet and all your payments back make you more happy? A small mileage deduction but basically you get a refund. Were talking nearly 15k for me. I would be thrilled to lose the knocking.

Took it for a short ride to confirm I wasn't just crazy...still there!

See ya
Old 05-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dingdongman
92 with a whipple type comptech. Love it! Its my second actually. I should have never sold my fist one...a garage queen Sebring Silver. Man I miss her.

I'm getting daily call from attornies asking for my paperwork so they can proceed with the lemon law filings. They need all the shop reports, registration, copies of lease or sale and a few other things. Will take around 6 weeks to get an offer from Acura but they say its not difficult at all with ammo like we have! Don't just get mad, get PAID! Will all the downpaymet and all your payments back make you more happy? A small mileage deduction but basically you get a refund. Were talking nearly 15k for me. I would be thrilled to lose the knocking.

Took it for a short ride to confirm I wasn't just crazy...still there!

See ya
Wow! Do keep us updated!

Just a thought...but does anyone know the p/n of the 07 tls ecu compared to the 08 ecu?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

It's warming up here....as I had a nice straight-away on my way home I decided to open 'er up for a stretch. Between about 4500 - 5000 RPM in 3rd gear, I had noticed a faint pinging. I had thought I had heard it in the past a couple of times but since it was rare, I had disregarded it.
However, after reading up on this thread lately , I'm wondering if my '08 TL-S has the same issue albeit to a lesser degree. Seems to only happen on WOT in 3rd gear....definitely pinging....I know what it sounds like. I exclusively run Sunoco Ultra 94. This would suck...

Gawd, I hope not...
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<<<<acura tech

I have heard this noise myself, heard it on more than just the type-s i think it's louder on type-s though. I have heard it on 2g tls also. I have driven a 2004 tl with 150k on it that makes the same noise and it still runs fine, no cat problems no misfires
Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
08 TL Type S A-Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for fun, I tried some 87 octane in my car (just to compare) to see if it would perform or ping more/less.
WOW. It PINGS LIKE CRAZY!!!!
I had it out on the freeway, going up an exit-ramp during acceleration......."ping-ping-ping"

Well, all I can say is.........thank goodness I leased the 2008 TL-S.

No way am I gonna run 91+ octane in this GAS DRINKER at $4.15/ gal.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VegasRPh
Just for fun, I tried some 87 octane in my car (just to compare) to see if it would perform or ping more/less.
WOW. It PINGS LIKE CRAZY!!!!
I had it out on the freeway, going up an exit-ramp during acceleration......."ping-ping-ping"

Well, all I can say is.........thank goodness I leased the 2008 TL-S.

No way am I gonna run 91+ octane in this GAS DRINKER at $4.15/ gal.
Yes, because that extra $1.50 per fill up for premium is really going to break the bank.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:42 PM
4th Gear

Dear Honda/Acura, Why I am not buying your TL Type S

As many of you can see I have recently joined this forum to do a little more homework on what I thought would be a top 2 contender for my future car purchase next month. I was looking at 2008 TL-S, IS 350, Audi A5 to name the top three.

I have read alot of positive, informative and entertaining threads and posts over the last 2 months, especially the Comptech Supercharger threads and then came across this thread today. I have read all 21 pages of this thread and my heart goes out to all you guys who've spent a good chunk of their money in a vehicle that seems to have two faces. Sadly the ugly side is due to Honda/Acura (HA) general unwillingness to do right by their consumers and fix this problem that up until now is recently "known".

I am unwilling to gamble on receiving a vehicle that may or may not have this issue, let alone with no clear solution in sight to date. Do I expect HA to really care about another lost long-time HA enthusiast? No. However if this post will shed light on just one other future buyer's decision then I believe I have not posted this message just to see myself type.

Going with the way of the cookie cutter 3.5L High Output V-6s... You would think that HA would do a better job bulletproofing their engines.

As a side note, has anyone given it any thought as to why HA has mapped their ECU is such fashion? If I were to make my guess, it would be due to emissions. I know that every forum has 2-3 auto junkies who will be able to quickly approve or disapprove of such a statement, so have at it. I was just thinking of the correlation between the burn lean and clean ECU mapping and the 97 octane no knocking solution. The Mazda RX-8 came to my mind when they essentially neutered that engine to pass CA emissions.

Until the actuarials and lawyers find a cost effective reason to fix this, I honestly don't see a solution emerging from HA anytime soon. However I truly truly wish I will eat my words on this for everybody.

Good luck everybody!
Old 05-28-2008, 05:27 PM
4th Gear

Post your review on Edmunds.com

I would highly suggest those individuals especially who are having the unresolved knocking/pinging issues should most definitely post their reviews on Edmunds.com explaining their issues with their vehicle and with Honda/Acura. This way, the general consumer would have the best shot at being informed.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Joel Saxton

I just posted a scathing review of the TL-S on Edmunds.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 AM
4th Gear

I truly believe it is a good thing to do so. As I know alot of people including myself use Edmunds.com heavily for researching vehicle specs and reviews. Majority of consumers do not utilize forums such as Acurazine to research the true dirt on vehicles. Not to be vindictive or say bad about people who do own this vehicle or anything of that nature. But when looking at a Honda product people expect/assume a durable longlasting engine (or atleast I did). Yesterday I did do a little more research on the J35 engine and just like a one or two posters have previously mentioned in this thread, numerous Honda Odyssey and Saturn Vue owners are having the *exact* same pinging/knocking problems with their J35 engines as well. It actually makes me unprecedented this problem may actually be for Honda.

I can only imagine how it would look it all 30ish individuals who have this issue with their top of the line Acura TL did a review on Edmunds. In my opinion, if there is ever a chance of Honda/Acura taking any action to address this issue short of a class-action lawsuit, it would be through this median. Anybody want to start "HONDAJ35RECALL.COM"? Anyways just a suggestion.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Racer

I just posted a scathing review of the TL-S on Edmunds.
Can you link me to your review on Edmunds? I couldn't find it.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Instructor

The issue here is that u guys got a refurbish motor from the old body 3.5 RL.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Cruisin'

okay, i have a few concerns/comments.

1. when or if our engines become so damaged from the pinging, whats to stop acura from saying that the reason this happened is because we didn't use high octane fuel? (when in fact most of us always use premium) are we gonna get stuck with the repair costs?

2. i just wrote a review on edmunds as well but it said it will take a week to post.

D. although this issues seems to be more common on the TL-S', it does exist on 3.2 motor as well. this is mind boggling but unfortunately true.

thank you god bless
Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sam617
The issue here is that u guys got a refurbish motor from the old body 3.5 RL.
are you serious? do you have a source?

Quick Reply: Valve Chatter/Pinging/Knocking in 2007 TypeS