Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,209 Likes on 693 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
The remark was "Hell why not have a 400 hp vehicle that does 110". So it is a perfect example of what a high HP/speed limited car can do. It had nothing to do with the weight of the car.
I was referring more to the comparison of the Tesla to the Porsche. But, ok then.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
To get the Tl in categories that have been mentioned earlier in thread to be competitive is gonna require something like a flash pro that's out there for civic si , boost by gear tune to get out the holle without fring the tires or boost by rpm , I hate cars can help me out on this one ..
Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Auto 135 mph no more uhhh, not that I'm aware of banelba car does 145 or better if I'm not mistaken , + b4 been boosted I raced a couple of auto & they climb up to 140-145 , now if I guys change tire size there's gonna be an effect , if I go back to 45 series tires I'll get 160+ yes sir I've already confirmed that..
Old 07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi speed
[/B]

Type-s09 had them on his and went thru a tranny. Too much traction requires beefing up. I rock street tires to avoid such events and run a tire for more than 4k.
traction or no traction, things will need to be beefed up ESPECIALLY when your more than doubling the whp its intended for. the syncros are the weak link in our 6spd transmissions. like i said, ive blown 3 trannies thus far and after taking them apart, ALL of them had badly worn/broken syncros and two with broken teeth on the main drive gear and counter shaft. my last tranny had zero track time without a single launch on DR"s so launching is not soley the blame.

i absolutely love gunning my car while rolling in first gear and thats what broke the last one. when i heard Type-s09's tranny blew, i knew exactly what happened to it. yes, i drive the sh*t out of my car too, but i didnt exactly spend all this money to granny it around town either. if it causes me to go through another one, so be it. im not going to stop enjoying my car because of it. people tell me i should take it easy, but whats the point spending buku $$$ on a turbo/SC kit and driving cautiously cause your worried that somethings gonna break? thats not the way to live IMO. so we either find someone who can properly beef up our transmissions OR always have a spare one laying around.

the one thing that got really annoying to me was breaking the OEM front, back and side engine mounts, 15 total to be exact in a three year span so i took things in my own hands and worked diligently with innovative over a 1 1/2 year span to R&D and get them to produce some stronger mounts for us. otherwise, we'd be screwed in that department too. i think NVA is working hard on getting some beefed up axles for us, so that leaves someone to start addressing the transmissions.

Last edited by 04accordcpe; 07-15-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:03 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
traction or no traction, things will need to be beefed up ESPECIALLY when your more than doubling the whp its intended for. the syncros are the weak link in our 6spd transmissions. like i said, ive blown 3 trannies thus far and after taking them apart, ALL of them had badly worn/broken syncros and two with broken teeth on the main drive gear and counter shaft. my last tranny had zero track time without a single launch on DR"s so launching is not soley the blame.

i absolutely love gunning my car while rolling in first gear and thats what broke the last one. when i heard Type-s09's tranny blew, i knew exactly what happened to it. yes, i drive the sh*t out of my car too, but i didnt exactly spend all this money to granny it around town either. if it causes me to go through another one, so be it. im not going to stop enjoying my car because of it. people tell me i should take it easy, but whats the point spending buku $$$ on a turbo/SC kit and driving cautiously cause your worried that somethings gonna break? thats not the way to live IMO. so we either find someone who can properly beef up our transmissions OR always have a spare one laying around.

the one thing that got really annoying to me was breaking the OEM front, back and side engine mounts, 15 total to be exact in a three year span so i took things in my own hands and worked diligently with innovative over a 1 1/2 year span to R&D and get them to produce some stronger mounts for us. otherwise, we'd be screwed in that department too. i think NVA is working hard on getting some beefed up axles for us, so that leaves someone to start addressing the transmissions.
firstly, you have a lot of knowledge and hence please dont take this comment as an insult....

you know the weak link in our cars (honda/acura) is the tranny/axles/mounts/tune/etc etc....you also saying that this is your 3rd tranny....15th mount.....

in that case why didnt you go for a different car which you can do a whole lot more with gto's/mustangs/350Z/camaro's/

why an accord....(i know because you choose to) but the reason am asking this question is, am very interested in the turbo kit and banelba/pass who have a turbo have no complaints against breaking something but you have always cautioned us (which is a good thing) and it got me thinking "yeah, he is right....am going from 210-220whp to 440whp.....will my car last ??? or will i end up spending $$$ for trannies/axles/blah blah"

so how come the accord ?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by pass427
Auto 135 mph no more uhhh, not that I'm aware of banelba car does 145 or better if I'm not mistaken , + b4 been boosted I raced a couple of auto & they climb up to 140-145 , now if I guys change tire size there's gonna be an effect , if I go back to 45 series tires I'll get 160+ yes sir I've already confirmed that..
Actually Pass, it's just the auto Type S guys limited to 135. Everyone else is 140+.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Actually Pass, it's just the auto Type S guys limited to 135. Everyone else is 140+.
the 05TL AT is 152mph.....
Old 07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
firstly, you have a lot of knowledge and hence please dont take this comment as an insult....

you know the weak link in our cars (honda/acura) is the tranny/axles/mounts/tune/etc etc....you also saying that this is your 3rd tranny....15th mount.....

in that case why didnt you go for a different car which you can do a whole lot more with gto's/mustangs/350Z/camaro's/

why an accord....(i know because you choose to) but the reason am asking this question is, am very interested in the turbo kit and banelba/pass who have a turbo have no complaints against breaking something but you have always cautioned us (which is a good thing) and it got me thinking "yeah, he is right....am going from 210-220whp to 440whp.....will my car last ??? or will i end up spending $$$ for trannies/axles/blah blah"

so how come the accord ?
because some ppl dont like mustangs, camaros and the rest...yea sure, aftermarket support is very high for all those cars you mentioned...but some ppl happen to not care very much about that.... he just wants a fast ACCORD...as I want a fast TL... getting a mustang, camaro, and the others, is easier to go fast, and with less money, and most likely wont break things the way you do in our cars...it is what ive had fun with...turning my car into smth it wasn't meant to be.

i can tell you one thing... i will never buy any of those cars

so here's the answer to whoever wonders.... your cars can easily break, you can easily break many parts, they were never meant to be boosted.

as far as those 2 guys who u mention have turbos and dont complain about anything breaking... time will tell, but i promise you, things will start to break soon....unless they baby their turbo cars...like some ppl that just want the power to say they have it but never really use it....what the fuck is the point?

and if that aint the case, they aint driving hard enough.....

here's an example...with a stock clutch, you aint putting all ur power down, and it will soon burn out...so ur answer to this is a high performance clutch with some serious PP clamping force...and what happens now? ur twisting those stock mounts...unless u shift like a grandma...so lets say u upgrade ur mounts to stiffer...now the tranny takes the hit first...and it all depeneds on how much stress it takes initially, on how well ur tires bite....in between an axle might just give out....

something has got to give... and we all want the car to just simply thrust forwards....no motor jerking, no clutch slipping, no tranny stripping gears, no axles breaking, and no tire spin... but it aint that simple...3500 lbs dont just jet forward with the way TL is built....so at least ur tires gotta give out before anything else breaks from ur flywheel to ur tires...

god forbid u put slicks on the car!!! being that u got a good clutch....either tranny or axles will go...and if u dont believe me...ill just drive it once.

let ur tires spin, save ur tranny....and axle can be replaced fairly easy with not so much $$$.

i just wish ppl could understand what kinda stress tranny, differential, axles go through trying to move a 3500 lbs car forward

so here's what everyone's up against..... otherwise just leave the car alone if you can't deal with the fact that things will break and ull have to dig deeper in ur pocket....and get one of those cars that can handle the stress

Last edited by Opel; 07-15-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so how come the accord ?
haha, no worries. your not that first one to ask the same question. so how come the accord?? well thats easy, cause i love the car there is nothing sexier than a 7th gen accord with a lip kit, slammed on some nice wheels. people may think im crazy, but thats just my own taste and opinion.

first off, i wouldnt be caught dead in a domestic, so that leaves out alot of the cars on the list and when it comes too 350z's, evo's, sti's, g35's etc,.. (basically cars that are better equiped to handle this kind of power) fixed up, are a dime a dozen and you know exactly what to expect out of them. i love the exclusiveness my car gives me (much like a modded 3rd gen TL give you too) and performance that catches people by surprise. shoot, half the time people dont even know what my car is LOL. on a good day at the drag strip (500 total cars) im the lone accord out there. not only does my car attract alot of attention, but ive always loved the challenge of making something not fast, fast. even though there is a huge price to pay, its worth it to me.

im not here to persuade people from purchasing this kit. im just here to prepare everyone for the unexpected that comes along with doing a project like this. if you have the means and do know what to expect in the long run (financailly wise), then i say GET IT! a 437whp TL will bring you beyond exclusiveness hell, if this kit can fit my car with little to no modding, i might be down for it
Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Opel
because some ppl dont like mustangs, camaros and the rest...yea sure, aftermarket support is very high for all those cars you mentioned...but some ppl happen to not care very much about that.... he just wants a fast ACCORD...as I want a fast TL... getting a mustang, camaro, and the others, is easier to go fast, and with less money, and most likely wont break things the way you do in our cars...it is what ive had fun with...turning my car into smth it wasn't meant to be.

so here's the answer to whoever wonders.... your cars can easily break, you can easily break many parts, they were never meant to be boosted.

as far as those 2 guys who u mention have turbos and dont complain about anything breaking... time will tell, but i promise you, things will start to break soon....unless they baby their turbo cars...like some ppl that just want the power to say they have it but never really use it....what the fuck is the point?

here's an example...with a stock clutch, you aint putting all ur power down, and it will soon burn out...so ur answer to this is a high performance clutch with some serious PP clamping force...and what happens now? ur twisting those stock mounts...unless u shift like a grandma...so lets say u upgrade ur mounts to stiffer...now the tranny takes the hit first...and it all depeneds on how much stress it takes initially, on how well ur tires bite....in between an axle might just give out....

something has got to give... and we all want the car to just simply thrust forwards....no motor jerking, no clutch slipping, no tranny stripping gears, no axles breaking, and no tire spin... but it aint that simple...3500 lbs dont just jet forward with the way TL is built....so at least ur tires gotta give out before anything else breaks from ur flywheel to ur tires...

god forbid u put slicks on the car!!! being that u got a good clutch....either tranny or axles will go...and if u dont believe me...ill just drive it once.

let ur tires spin, save ur tranny....and axle can be replaced fairly easy with not so much $$$.

i just wish ppl could understand what kinda stress tranny, differential, axles go through trying to move a 3500 lbs car forward

so here's what everyone's up against..... otherwise just leave the car alone if you can't deal with the fact that things will break and ull have to dig deeper in ur pocket....and get one of those cars that can handle the stress
you demonstrated how to misunderstand a question.....

are you boosted as well....i see 400+ hp in ur sig.....???

i know parts are meant to break and its fun repairing the broken part....its a little connection a little talk you have with ur car......(till tooooo much money is not involved).....

what i meant was why not go for a car for which performance parts are available rather than changing 3 trannies, knowing ur car's tranny is the weak link.....!!!

i know banelba/pass are pioneering and leading by example for the TL.....couple years down the line a lot of performance parts will be available for the TL and people would go for it.....but taking into consideration he has a 04 accord, FWD, breaking mounts and trannies, etc

wouldnt you wanna get a RWD and do the same ???

the question as i mentioned was not to hurt anyone's feelin or insult or question ones capabilities....it was just a random thought that crossed my mind....!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
haha, no worries. your not that first one to ask the same question. so how come the accord?? well thats easy, cause i love the car there is nothing sexier than a 7th gen accord with a lip kit, slammed on some nice wheels. people may think im crazy, but thats just my own taste and opinion.

first off, i wouldnt be caught dead in a domestic, so that leaves out alot of the cars on the list and when it comes too 350z's, evo's, sti's, g35's etc,.. (basically cars that are better equiped to handle this kind of power) fixed up, are a dime a dozen and you know exactly what to expect out of them. i love the exclusiveness my car gives me (much like a modded 3rd gen TL give you too) and performance that catches people by surprise. shoot, half the time people dont even know what my car is LOL. on a good day at the drag strip (500 total cars) im the lone accord out there. not only does my car attract alot of attention, but ive always loved the challenge of making something not fast, fast. even though there is a huge price to pay, its worth it to me.

im not here to persuade people from purchasing this kit. im just here to prepare everyone for the unexpected that comes along with doing a project like this. if you have the means and do know what to expect in the long run (financailly wise), then i say GET IT! a 437whp TL will bring you beyond exclusiveness hell, if this kit can fit my car with little to no modding, i might be down for it
i know what you mean.....i was thinking the only thing i will do to my car is run an exhaust(other than the mods i have) and thats it....am done!!!

i thought down the line i will buy a 03-04 350Z or g35 and mod the shit out of it !!!! but well i know what you mean by "exclusiveness".....that one word answered all my questions.....people still come upto me and say "dude i have never seen a blacked out slammed TL (even tho there are tons i know and tons i know which have better work done than i have).....and i luv that comment.....more over when a dude in a TL looks outta his car staring at me thinking "is that really a TL".....it cracks me up !!!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

you demonstrated how to misunderstand a question.....

are you boosted as well....i see 400+ hp in ur sig.....???

i know parts are meant to break and its fun repairing the broken part....its a little connection a little talk you have with ur car......(till tooooo much money is not involved).....

what i meant was why not go for a car for which performance parts are available rather than changing 3 trannies, knowing ur car's tranny is the weak link.....!!!

i know banelba/pass are pioneering and leading by example for the TL.....couple years down the line a lot of performance parts will be available for the TL and people would go for it.....but taking into consideration he has a 04 accord, FWD, breaking mounts and trannies, etc

wouldnt you wanna get a RWD and do the same ???

the question as i mentioned was not to hurt anyone's feelin or insult or question ones capabilities....it was just a random thought that crossed my mind....!!!
ur not hurting my feelings....and you shouldnt be asking such questions to begin with...so to avoid the little demonstation of misunderstanding a question...

its very simple..... some people dont want the cars u mention....and 04accord just explained it to you well enough.

but that doesnt do it for the rest, that bitch and moan non stop...why the fuck you get a TL to begin with?

and getting cars that can handle the beating? what car? which car? there isnt a car along the ones u mention and many more that will handle some ppls driving style...not mine.. if im behind the wheel of a car thats powerful and fast...i will beat the living shit out of it....there's no "UNBREAKABLE" so u know what...for some its a lose lose situation...

dont get the wrong impression....im not trying to bite ur head off...lol

im built and boosted with SC, I will get some real numbers this friday.... last dyno was at 6.5 psi which put down 370 whp

Last edited by Opel; 07-15-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoa whoa EASE UP GUYS. This thread has 40+ pgs of useful info now lets not on it now...
Old 07-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Talking

Let's put this all to rest ..... First of anyone with a business sense producing a turbo kit to the public would know 437 is lot of power we all agree ..
Kit would be released in the range of 360 whp to 380 whp ..
Second it was a unanimous deicision to test the kit at 400 hp range , fact if it can't handle that then we would have a problem , everyone knows car breaks we all can agree ...this thread is been watched closely arguments are really not necessary please I beg thank you ..let's all remember thou it pays to play let's ,get the boosting on and spank some victims...
Old 07-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pass427
Let's put this all to rest ..... First of anyone with a business sense producing a turbo kit to the public would know 437 is lot of power we all agree ..
Kit would be released in the range of 360 whp to 380 whp ..
Second it was a unanimous deicision to test the kit at 400 hp range , fact if it can't handle that then we would have a problem , everyone knows car breaks we all can agree ...this thread is been watched closely arguments are really not necessary please I beg thank you ..let's all remember thou it pays to play let's ,get the boosting on and spank some victims...
i agree...

can i still keep mine SC'd at over 400 whp? lol j/k
Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

As far as manual goes well be offering a clutch disc , or a full clutch package including flywheel, made by competiton clutch , the disc will be available as soon as vendor is official , the full package I'm waiting on for testing..
Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
whoa... keep it civil guys... you can agree to disagree, but no name bashing on each other...
Old 07-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
cant wait to see ur dyno thread opel
Old 07-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
whoa... keep it civil guys... you can agree to disagree, but no name bashing on each other...
werd. Don't crap this thread up.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Probably you never know but what kind of mods do you have , pistons , rods , vavles if any ?. I like those numbers probably this could be a good show down s/c vs turbo ..
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by I hate cars
0-60 will be all driver but you may be able to knock 1/2-3/4 of a second off. The 1/4 will likely be deep into the 12s, knocking 2 seconds off stock times.
Just wanted to bring this back up, but this is speaking in the sense of a TL running 437Whp, correct?

So, say with 500whp, we'd be looking at a mid-high 11 sec car (provided everything is modified as needed)?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Drifting

Just wanted to bring this back up, but this is speaking in the sense of a TL running 437Whp, correct?

So, say with 500whp, we'd be looking at a mid-high 11 sec car (provided everything is modified as needed)?
no way. i highly doubt any TL with 500whp will run 11's. first off your 60' is gunna be shit, since you wont get traction with FWD.

ive seen a few 500rwhp cars only run 11.6-9

best 60' on drag times for a s/c tl was 2.11.....MANY rwd guys can lay down 1.5-1.8 60' times

Last edited by greco9885; 07-16-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts

Why does everyone want to drag race the TL?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Drifting

its much more a road course car than a drag car. you want a drag car? buy something rwd. like i said, road course and street strickly

i know people are gunna said what about the civic's running crazy times? yeah well why dont you ask them how many trannys they have been through
Old 07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by greco9885
no way. i highly doubt any TL with 500whp will run 11's. first off your 60' is gunna be shit, since you wont get traction with FWD.

ive seen a few 500rwhp cars only run 11.6-9

best 60' on drag times for a s/c tl was 2.11.....MANY rwd guys can lay down 1.5-1.8 60' times
If 437Whp can, hypothetically, run deep into the 12's (I consider deep as a low-mid), then I would expect an extra 60whp to get it very close to high 11's.
Why does everyone want to street race the TL?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i think ppl use drag times to get an idea of how they'll do on the street
Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Ego. Drag racing is a quick and RELATIVELY safe mention to demonstrate who has the quickest car.

Unlike some who want to zip thru traffic, cutting-off innocent drivers to stay ahead of the guy that they are "racing". This only demonstrates who is crazier.

Also drag racing is unlike top end racing, which requires one to travel at insane speeds for a long period of time to demonstrate who has the fastest car. Plus, this requires a long, long stretch of road to be clear of innocent drivers. Whereas, drag racing requires a small length of clear road. Most of my drag races are over within a fraction of one city block (0-50, 30-80). Then, get into the brakes hard to bring it back down to posted speed. Short and sweat.

-----------------

Regarding Opel's post #1568 - Great job Opel ! This pertains very much to this thread (on topic). Most on this forum are unaware of what is involved to mod a car to handle extreme hp. Opel did a great job explaining the pitfalls.

Do not use "I Hate Cars" Buick as an example. That GN is American-built.... as in "overbuilt". IHC's Buick has an American cast-iron block and heads. The TL has a thin-walled aluminum engine meant for "rev'ing". Overall, Our TL was engineered with "just enough" to handle the expected stresses of the oem platform.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Its a FWD car, only way to get good numbers is, running slicks, but that will destroy you car, so maybe you guys should stop worrying about 1/4 mile times... And focus on the trap speed instead..that will tell you roughly what ur car would do being that u hooked up ...if u end up trapping at 115-120 mph, you know the damn thing is fast..what's that, mid to low 11s?

I personaly don't care about 1/4 mile times at all... No matter what layout, the launch will always affect times...best racing IMO is, 5-10 MPH roll, to 120 MPH, both cars take the punch at the same time and its perfect,

Its how I used to race RWD cars that ran mid to low 13s with a nearly stock TL and hung neck to neck all the way up... That's how I knew what the car was capable of

Cheers:::
Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Ego. Drag racing is a quick and RELATIVELY safe mention to demonstrate who has the quickest car.

Unlike some who want to zip thru traffic, cutting-off innocent drivers to stay ahead of the guy that they are "racing". This only demonstrates who is crazier.

Also drag racing is unlike top end racing, which requires one to travel at insane speeds for a long period of time to demonstrate who has the fastest car. Plus, this requires a long, long stretch of road to be clear of innocent drivers. Whereas, drag racing requires a small length of clear road. Most of my drag races are over within a fraction of one city block (0-50, 30-80). Then, get into the brakes hard to bring it back down to posted speed. Short and sweat.

-----------------

Regarding Opel's post #1568 - Great job Opel ! This pertains very much to this thread (on topic). Most on this forum are unaware of what is involved to mod a car to handle extreme hp. Opel did a great job explaining the pitfalls.

Do not use "I Hate Cars" Buick as an example. That GN is American-built.... as in "overbuilt". IHC's Buick has an American cast-iron block and heads. The TL has a thin-walled aluminum engine meant for "rev'ing". Overall, Our TL was engineered with "just enough" to handle the expected stresses of the oem platform.
Took the words out of my mouth. A 0-70mph drag race is relatively safe and it's long enough to figure out who has the fastest car.

If we're talking about the track, I could see the roadcourse making more sense but drag racing can be done for $30 total cost.... until you break it.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Team Owner

Its a FWD car, only way to get good numbers is, running slicks, but that will destroy you car, so maybe you guys should stop worrying about 1/4 mile times... And focus on the trap speed instead..that will tell you roughly what ur car would do being that u hooked up ...if u end up trapping at 115-120 mph, you know the damn thing is fast..what's that, mid to low 11s?

I personaly don't care about 1/4 mile times at all... No matter what layout, the launch will always affect times...best racing IMO is, 5-10 MPH roll, to 120 MPH, both cars take the punch at the same time and its perfect,

Its how I used to race RWD cars that ran mid to low 13s with a nearly stock TL and hung neck to neck all the way up... That's how I knew what the car was capable of

Cheers:::
I hate roll racing. The launch is where driver skill comes in and it usually makes or breaks the race. I spent nearly as much money in suspension as I did in the engine so that I can put all 600hp down at the bottom of 2nd gear on slicks on the street. I've run some 9 second cars and taken them on the street because mine is setup to hook hard on the street where their car needs the extra bite of the track to make the suspension work.

What's the fun of letting the car do everything for you? I like intimidating people into making stupid mistakes and watching them go up in smoke.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Team Owner

If you have a 500whp TL and can't run an 11.99 you need to shoot yourself and your car lol. I put my RWD car in the 10s at that hp level. My sig is kind of confusing but my 10.60 run was with quite a bit less hp than the 602hp in my sig and the best mph was nearly 129mph but the 60' wasn't that good. Looking for a 9.9999 at the current weight and hp but I don't have a license or safety gear to run that number....not that I wouldn't try anyway.

If you can pull off a 2.1 60' which should be easy on drag radials, you will be in the mid 11s with 500whp. That's 570+hp at the crank!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Team Owner

I'm not sure why certain people (not talking about you Opel, just import fans in general) hate American cars so much. I think we can all agree they're a much, much better platform to start off with, more so than even the RWD imports. Coming from a domestic background and still heavily into the racing scene, we tend to look down at the imports for investing $5,000 into something that still runs 13s. I'm used to cars that take $200 to knock a full second off 1/4 times.

My original intention of this post was to remind that the first 30-40hp gain over the supercharger is from freeing up the drag of driving the supercharger in the first place. The turbo seems to have a much better powerband making a lot more low end torque and torque period. Without detonation it should last a long time but the same goes for the supercharger which got the short end of the stick when it comes to tuning.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:17 AM

^^^ exactly what I wanted to hear....you and 04accordcpe answered my question perfectly !!!! American cars or some import cars which are made for that !!!

In the TL, even if you get a bad ass axle/suspension and a tranny rebuilt or some like that, your engine block wont be able to handle that HP level....moreover 04accordcpe is using a 04 accord !!!!

parts are meant to be broken.....but i rather replace them with performance parts than stock parts....!!!

Man this turbo is going to be a fun ride....i wish i could go to the meet where pass/banelba are gonna be and either ride alongside them (in the car) or actually drive that evil baby !!!! 437whp on a FWD with a crazy tranny/axle !!!! DAMN !!!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Team Owner

^^^ exactly what I wanted to hear....you and 04accordcpe answered my question perfectly !!!! American cars or some import cars which are made for that !!!

In the TL, even if you get a bad ass axle/suspension and a tranny rebuilt or some like that, your engine block wont be able to handle that HP level....moreover 04accordcpe is using a 04 accord !!!!

parts are meant to be broken.....but i rather replace them with performance parts than stock parts....!!!

Man this turbo is going to be a fun ride....i wish i could go to the meet where pass/banelba are gonna be and either ride alongside them (in the car) or actually drive that evil baby !!!! 437whp on a FWD with a crazy tranny/axle !!!! DAMN !!!
To tell you the truth, I have a lot of faith in the block and even the entire longblock as long as it's kept out of detonation. There's no doubt the pistons weren't meant for boost but I think they'll hold with a good tune.

One of the big issues is the top ring being close to the top of the piston. Great for emissions, bad for prolonged periods in boost. We've got to remember the limitations of the stock shortblock and "drive around" them so to speak. Prolonged periods in boost would not be a good idea.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
I hate cars is back with vengeance. So why did you get banned for a week? :x
Old 07-16-2009, 12:14 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
pass, banelba.

there is a mega meet on the 25th. you guys should try to mke it
(its in my sig)
Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
?you got banned IHC?.. lol.. that's absurd.. hopefully it was for a risque pic or putting some douchebag in their place.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Majofo
?you got banned IHC?.. lol.. that's absurd.. hopefully it was for a risque pic or putting some douchebag in their place.
It was the thread where people were cutting their hoods to install an intake spacer for a <9hp gain. They got real defensive real fast for this gay mod, of course I expressed my opinion and I got banned for it. Apparently it's ok for people to tell me to STFU and make it personal when I'm talking about a mod but I'm not allowed to talk back. Oh well, it is what it is.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
It's almost like seeing majofo getting banned, never thought it could happen! Well besides his once in awhile smart ass comments! Jk
Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
It was the thread where people were cutting their hoods to install an intake spacer for a <9hp gain. They got real defensive real fast for this gay mod, of course I expressed my opinion and I got banned for it. Apparently it's ok for people to tell me to STFU and make it personal when I'm talking about a mod but I'm not allowed to talk back. Oh well, it is what it is.
I unsubscribed from that thread a while back.. I think it's insane how that thread has grown yet I still haven't seen the point of going through all that trouble..

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
It's almost like seeing majofo getting banned, never thought it could happen! Well besides his once in awhile smart ass comments! Jk
I have nothing but love your guys.. not in a gay bruno way.. lol. Yeah I can be a smartass.. but I don't mean to offend anyone.

well back on topic.. I think even for a modest enthusiast.. this mod is worthwhile. I'm clearing my CC for the purchase. I'm never selling the TL now..

on a separate note.. if anyone is interested.. a guy locally (Austin, TX) is selling the block & tranny for $1200.. still runs apparently.. if I had the scratch I'd probably get it but no room & no money

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/1257166946.html

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08