Custom Bisimoto Cams

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Hmm maybe I should keep my car and get delta to grind some cams for me. kinda itching to keep the car
The following users liked this post:
Sonnick (06-17-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by IntactACK
Oh and to add, I daily drive her, sometimes I drive the hell out of her(with respect and I of her like a real man should)other times I baby the shit out of her, but I could drive it like I stole it now problem, I city drive all the time, no issues, starting off is a bit different because of the lopey idle, requires a tad more gas, besides that, it drives like a stock car-minus all the extra power, noise, and fun!

Feel free to ask questions, I'll answer anything I can, I don't have numbers data sheets or dyno numbers yet but I will answer what I can.
So you consistently take her to Redline? I can get cams reground for 300 to stage 2. I'm thinking I'm going to do this. So dd isn't really any difference? Is the car louder at idle? Had it lost low end power, gained it? How's mpg now?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:21 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
^ $300? If you're withholding pertinent information I'll have you arrested and sodomized.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Sonnick
^ $300? If you're withholding pertinent information I'll have you arrested and sodomized.
That's what I was told. I forget the company but it was recently talked about over on v6p. I was actually going to call the place today to make sure.

Edit. The company name is delta cams. I'll be contacting them very soon.

Last edited by NvrDwn; 06-17-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by NvrDwn
So you consistently take her to Redline? I can get cams reground for 300 to stage 2. I'm thinking I'm going to do this. So dd isn't really any difference? Is the car louder at idle? Had it lost low end power, gained it? How's mpg now?
Just about everyday I redline her sure, I take it to about 7 grand on a daily basis, DD isn't much of a difference but what do you expect of course its going to be different, you lose a bit of low end sure but that comes hand in hand. Car I wouldn't say is louder at idle but definitely sounds a hundred times better if you like the blup blup blup mean sound. MPG has gone down but same thing, you want more power but you want MPG to sustain?

If you want an extra set of cams PM me or text me 3152834606 I'd be willing to give you a good price and see how this delta cams works out, I would check in to it a bit more, bisimoto knows their sh*t.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Pro

Just about everyday I redline her sure, I take it to about 7 grand on a daily basis, DD isn't much of a difference but what do you expect of course its going to be different, you lose a bit of low end sure but that comes hand in hand. Car I wouldn't say is louder at idle but definitely sounds a hundred times better if you like the blup blup blup mean sound. MPG has gone down but same thing, you want more power but you want MPG to sustain?

If you want an extra set of cams PM me or text me 3152834606 I'd be willing to give you a good price and see how this delta cams works out, I would check in to it a bit more, bisimoto knows their sh*t.
Someone offered me $30 shipped for ones with only 68k miles. I took the deal. Just have to wait a while to get them. Also I called delta cams and they don't know if they can regrind them or not. I would have to send them a set to find out.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
^ lol you called Delta cams also? Delta cams are pretty legit. Been in business for over 25 years regriding cams. I think they know their shit by now also.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
^ lol you called Delta cams? Delta cams are pretty legit. Been in business for over 25 years regriding cams. I think they know their shit by now also.

From what I was told they are 99% sure they can do it but won't know til they get some in. When i know, y'all will know. If they can regrind for half the price I know a lot of people will be getting cams.
thisaznboi88 (06-17-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by InmilesCK

How many miles are on your car?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Just wait till you hear my new custom cams from BisiMoto with my new turbo setup. These where custom made for my turbo application and the other supporting engine mods they did for me...should be installed in the next couple of weeks. We will do a dyno run just with cams and motor mods, and then with turbocharger....you got to love teaser threads....

Last edited by spade0698; 06-17-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by spade0698
Just wait till you hear my new custom cams from BisiMoto with my new turbo setup. These where custom made for my turbo application and the other supporting engine mods they did for me...should be installed in the next couple of weeks. We will do a dyno run just with cams and motor mods, and then with turbocharger....you got to love teaser threads....
mother of god.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by NvrDwn
Damn, if you can get this done for $330 all in, that's pretty sick. I'd probably stick to stage 1 myself though. I guess I'm a bit conservative though.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:49 AM
All motor

Spades, do it! All motor dyno and then turbo dyno!

Adam, if it's truly $300 then I'm probably in lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Skunk2 cams
Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 AM
All motor

^ For the J series? Or was that a joke based on their K series failures?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^ For the J series? Or was that a joke based on their K series failures?
its a joke.

bouncer likes to elbow jab a lot.
lol.
Sonnick (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
How bad is installation?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM
All motor

Originally Posted by justnspace
its a joke.

bouncer likes to elbow jab a lot.
lol.
Lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 AM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by HQTL6SPD
How bad is installation?
Depending on skill level you have.if you can change a timming belt and do a valve adjustment then you can swap in cams.
i can install cams in a few hours. if your not familiar with this engine and get the book you should still be able to install them on a saturday.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Pro

Spades, do it! All motor dyno and then turbo dyno!

Adam, if it's truly $300 then I'm probably in lol.
I will know soon, I'm hoping by next week. If they can do it, then I will tell them to do it as soon as I get the call that they can do it. That's assuming the price hasn't changed much. $300 was a guess on their part. Once they get the cams who knows if it will go up or down.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
I had blox type b cams on my H22 build I did several years ago. And those cams equaled excessive rocker pad wear.

Has anyone done an inspection on their motors after installing these for a few thousand miles.

How has the J-series head held up with an aggressive cam like the stage 2? As far as internal wear.

And does anyone make a better rocker for this motor yet. I am sure they don't.

Also, what about valves. I know BISI is making the springs and retainers. But is there a flat faced valve to go with these?

Also have any of y'all had a valve job performed?

These may seem like weird questions.

But if I pull my heads off and have them ported and exhaust side polished before installing cams, I would just as well do everything the first time around.

With the stage 2 cams. Do they retain the factory timing marks with the cam gears?

Trying to ask the questions all at once that I was unable to find searching so far. I am planning motor work this fall/winter. Which will be more on the wild side of an N/A build and my motor has less than 50k miles so I want to limit the amount of known problems.

Thanks fellas.
jauman (11-27-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceja
I had blox type b cams on my H22 build I did several years ago. And those cams equaled excessive rocker pad wear.

Has anyone done an inspection on their motors after installing these for a few thousand miles.

How has the J-series head held up with an aggressive cam like the stage 2? As far as internal wear.

And does anyone make a better rocker for this motor yet. I am sure they don't.

Also, what about valves. I know BISI is making the springs and retainers. But is there a flat faced valve to go with these?

Also have any of y'all had a valve job performed?

These may seem like weird questions.

But if I pull my heads off and have them ported and exhaust side polished before installing cams, I would just as well do everything the first time around.

With the stage 2 cams. Do they retain the factory timing marks with the cam gears?

Trying to ask the questions all at once that I was unable to find searching so far. I am planning motor work this fall/winter. Which will be more on the wild side of an N/A build and my motor has less than 50k miles so I want to limit the amount of known problems.

Thanks fellas.

All very good questions, I would love to hear some answers on these from those more experiences with these motors and setups
Old 06-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Racer

I have had no issues with my stage 2 bisimoto cams so far. Stock tuning, stock valves and retainers, stock rockers(stock head), I just have complimenting mods, pnp manifolds, pcds, custom jpipe, exhaust, etc.

I will report back when I have more miles on mine. Not one person isn't impressed by the power and sound the car produces.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Racer

If anyone needs a set of clean j32 cams to try any of these grinds out or a core set let me know mine are sitting packaged up ready to go. I'd be willing to make a reasonably priced sale to get some more testing and research in. shoot me a PM if your interested.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

I have had no issues with my stage 2 bisimoto cams so far. Stock tuning, stock valves and retainers, stock rockers(stock head), I just have complimenting mods, pnp manifolds, pcds, custom jpipe, exhaust, etc.

I will report back when I have more miles on mine. Not one person isn't impressed by the power and sound the car produces.
I tracked mine. So I had the head opened up at least once a week or two for inspections. That's how I noticed abnormal rocker wear.

I had supertech flat faced valves, springs and retainers.

And since they are reground anyway. I would possibly interested in the J32 cams so I don't have to mess with the J35 cams. If they cross over that is.

I am still doing my research on all of this before I push forward with purchases.

Last edited by sauceja; 06-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Here is what has been done thus far....Bisimoto Custom Profile cam regrind for turbo setup, Bisimoto Pro Springs with titanium retainers, Bisimoto custom J-series intake stainless steel valves X12, Bisimoto custom J-series exhaust inconel alloy valves X12, Bisimoto CNC head porting service followed by CNC porting of intake and exhaust ports and other machine work included was a competition full radius exhaust valve job, competition intake valve job, de-shroud valves, polish combustion chambers, new valve seals, resurface deck...
The following 2 users liked this post by spade0698:
IntactACK (06-19-2013), sauceja (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

All that sounds beautiful minus resurfaced deck.

I'm not a fan of that unless its really warped or you can adjust timing belt for the difference if noticeable.

Cheap way to gain CR by a cooch hair. But not the right reason to have it done.

But that's reassuring that they make valves.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Racer

Here is what has been done thus far....Bisimoto Custom Profile cam regrind for turbo setup, Bisimoto Pro Springs with titanium retainers, Bisimoto custom J-series intake stainless steel valves X12, Bisimoto custom J-series exhaust inconel alloy valves X12, Bisimoto CNC head porting service followed by CNC porting of intake and exhaust ports and other machine work included was a competition full radius exhaust valve job, competition intake valve job, de-shroud valves, polish combustion chambers, new valve seals, resurface deck...
That's awesome man....I don't even want to know what that cost you, actually I do lol. Your car must sound super sexy!? Are you on stock tuning? if not what are you using?

Just to give some people an idea of what are cars of capable of, my buddy has a supercharged m3(bald tires right now) I pulled on him through 1-2 and we stopped half way through third and I was pulling on his ass! I know if he made traction he would burn me but it still felt great! his m3 is around 500 whp, so suck it!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Burning Brakes

That's awesome man....I don't even want to know what that cost you, actually I do lol. Your car must sound super sexy!? Are you on stock tuning? if not what are you using?

Just to give some people an idea of what are cars of capable of, my buddy has a supercharged m3(bald tires right now) I pulled on him through 1-2 and we stopped half way through third and I was pulling on his ass! I know if he made traction he would burn me but it still felt great! his m3 is around 500 whp, so suck it!
if he had bald tires, and you know if he had decent tires that he'd smoke you, then the race really wasn't a testament to what the TL is capable of.

that's like if I were to say "as a testament to what these cars are capable of, I smoked a Corvette out of the hole! He just spun rubber and was doing a burnout but I pulled 3 car lengths on him until he hooked up and instantly blew past me! But I still pulled 3 car lengths for half a second!!!"

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the TL, though. Now you just need a JnR ECU. Get some dynos up soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by i_love_cars:
justnspace (06-19-2013), Sonnick (06-19-2013)
Old 06-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
What type of improvements as far as dyno numbers have you seen with this setup? Something I plan on doing in the future after my JnR turbo kit is on.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AccordFlex
What type of improvements as far as dyno numbers have you seen with this setup? Something I plan on doing in the future after my JnR turbo kit is on.
Car is still being put back together....should be up and running by 4 July if all goes well...as for numbers, with all the engine mods, we are expected to produce more HP output with less boost.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Everything thus far has put me around 15-18,000 to include new turbo piping, radiator, dual inter cooler, ect....
Old 06-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Hmm...
Old 06-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by i_love_cars
if he had bald tires, and you know if he had decent tires that he'd smoke you, then the race really wasn't a testament to what the TL is capable of.

that's like if I were to say "as a testament to what these cars are capable of, I smoked a Corvette out of the hole! He just spun rubber and was doing a burnout but I pulled 3 car lengths on him until he hooked up and instantly blew past me! But I still pulled 3 car lengths for half a second!!!"

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the TL, though. Now you just need a JnR ECU. Get some dynos up soon.

He was still making traction, my point was his car is around 500whp and if you can't put it to the ground and hook it up thats not my problem.....I don't care about numbers, my point is, he has a 2 door sports luxury car that has a supercharger on it and approx. 200 more horsepower and the 4 door luxury TL kept up with it and actually pulled on it through third gear. I mod my car to have fun and enjoy it, and this was a great moment lol.

If you don't know the TL is capable of beating that car then why are you bothering to mod and read this post. Look at Gerzands car, check his youtube channel, he is putting down over 550 whp and 550 torque to the wheels, I think that shows the TL is "capable" of doing anything. Just about anything is possible if you have enough money and brains.

I"m not mad or bashing but I get a ton of questions, sorry I didn't reply with a serious post about dyno numbers and a/f ratios with horespower numbers to support all my testaments. Whatever input everyone is willing to spend their time on to help others should be appreciated, this was just some fun feedback! My point is....I pulled on a 500whp m3 through 1-2 and third and it was f'n awesome, made all my time and mods worth while just for that moment! I bought my TL for 12 grand and haven't put that much money into it. It's an amazing car for what it is, I get compliments everyday!

I beat an m3 a month back before I even put in my cams, Frenchy can drive(talledega nights).
Old 06-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Racer

Everything thus far has put me around 15-18,000 to include new turbo piping, radiator, dual inter cooler, ect....
Bravo bud, thats a ton of money to put into the TL but I'm sure its well worth it, custom and being different is such a rare feeling and I applaud you for that!

And to add, your color and theme is EPIC! great car to put that money in to! Take care of her and I hope you keep her after doing such an amazing job!

Your making me think of leaning in towards possibly sending my head in to get some work done....How much did Bisi charge for the J series motor, I couldn't find the J series price on their. A local guy could do the work with me and I'm thinking of going that route, but Bisimoto is one of the very best if not the best in my eyes.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Racer

Sorry for sounding like an asshole, my car has sort of gone on the back burner I'm in the process of closing on a house so the TL is waiting for a new home with a garage, then I will schedule my dyno session and get back to the modding
Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Sorry for sounding like an asshole, my car has sort of gone on the back burner I'm in the process of closing on a house so the TL is waiting for a new home with a garage, then I will schedule my dyno session and get back to the modding
I think your definition of asshole is different than my definition.
AccordFlex (06-21-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Burning Brakes

He was still making traction, my point was his car is around 500whp and if you can't put it to the ground and hook it up thats not my problem.....I don't care about numbers, my point is, he has a 2 door sports luxury car that has a supercharger on it and approx. 200 more horsepower and the 4 door luxury TL kept up with it and actually pulled on it through third gear. I mod my car to have fun and enjoy it, and this was a great moment lol.

If you don't know the TL is capable of beating that car then why are you bothering to mod and read this post. Look at Gerzands car, check his youtube channel, he is putting down over 550 whp and 550 torque to the wheels, I think that shows the TL is "capable" of doing anything. Just about anything is possible if you have enough money and brains.

I"m not mad or bashing but I get a ton of questions, sorry I didn't reply with a serious post about dyno numbers and a/f ratios with horespower numbers to support all my testaments. Whatever input everyone is willing to spend their time on to help others should be appreciated, this was just some fun feedback! My point is....I pulled on a 500whp m3 through 1-2 and third and it was f'n awesome, made all my time and mods worth while just for that moment! I bought my TL for 12 grand and haven't put that much money into it. It's an amazing car for what it is, I get compliments everyday!

I beat an m3 a month back before I even put in my cams, Frenchy can drive(talledega nights).
It doesn't matter if you came here with AFR or dynos or both - you aren't boosted, and you aren't spraying, so nothing you post here could ever support your testaments about keeping up with 500 hp m3's.

I'm reading this thread and posting in the hopes that anyone new who reads this thread doesn't pick up the wrong information by seeing you say that a TL with bolt-ons and cams will keep up with a supercharged M3.
AccordFlex (06-21-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by i_love_cars
It doesn't matter if you came here with AFR or dynos or both - you aren't boosted, and you aren't spraying, so nothing you post here could ever support your testaments about keeping up with 500 hp m3's.

I'm reading this thread and posting in the hopes that anyone new who reads this thread doesn't pick up the wrong information by seeing you say that a TL with bolt-ons and cams will keep up with a supercharged M3.
If it was a stock E46 M3. I've been searching for one to test my self with..
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Michael Jordan- it must be the shoes

IntackACK- it must be the tires
The following 3 users liked this post by richardparker:
i_love_cars (06-20-2013), justnspace (06-20-2013), Sonnick (06-21-2013)

Quick Reply: Custom Bisimoto Cams