Custom Bisimoto Cams

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:42 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
damn how did i miss this thread....am getting old....

I was going to buy the stage 2 cams from Andy and I should have but we were closing on the house and wanted to put every single penny in the checking account for that....my loss....

Andy has been a great motivation through out....and has explored virgin territory...Love that dude....

I am actually very confused over cams...and very is very understated....

I have a fully bolted on 5AT Base with every possible mod and ~650lbs less body fat....I am finally ready to dive in the heads...recently got a set of J32A3 heads from Brandon (bmeyer) which are pocket ported with Honda Valves, KMS titanium springs and retainers, Type S hollow cams....

Since she is my daily driver, am thinking if I should got stage 2 OR stage 1 OR just leave em at Type S cams....I have RDX injectors which will help support the air coming in from a 4" CAI and a true dual 2.25" exhaust....

So here are my options with heads:
1> Leave it as it as
2> Increase the CR to 12:1 (I will be running only 91/93 oct fuel), knife edge the heads, port and polish them

Options with cams:
1> Leave em at Type S
2> Stage 1
3> Stage 2

MS3 will be the management system

My ultimate goal is to have a 330-350whp daily driver sitting at 2800lbs (currently at 2950 lbs)....

decisions decisions....Julio/Andy any input is appreciated....
Old 06-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Full head job, and stage 2 cams. Your going to pay about the same (the cams are exactly the same) so might as well get the best you can for your money.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:33 PM

^^^ I agree on the cost factor but this is my daily driver...not sure how Stage 2 and internals with stage 2 would hold up on a 15K miles/year car....dont wanna open the heads up every 6 months for "service"/checking....hence the confusion LOL
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Pro

^^ Gotcha. Yeah who knows. I may go stage 1 for that reason, but I want the idle and power of the stage 2 cam..
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 PM

^^^ me too...hence the confusion

would like to hear back from the folks who have had the bisi cams for a long time
Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Pro

^^ Well if I am to make the decision soon like I'm hoping, I'm leaning towards stage 2. If I get them there is a 75% chance they will be going in a PnP head from paul. I've been thinking about getting the springs and what not as well, but that would cost as much as my cams (if the place does indeed charge the amount I was told, and if they can do it at all)
Old 06-20-2013, 06:20 PM

^^^ I have been thinking of raising my rev limiter by 500-600 rpms....so will try to redline at 7250 rpm.

I am really hoping it will be fine on the OEM crank/pistons/rods...but am very sure the KMS valvetrain will hold up fine until 9000-10000 rpm, a territory which I will never explore in this car LOL...

With that being said, I would highly urge you to get the valvetrain. The reason this project has been pushed back by almost 2 years is because I want it to be perfect. I want to make sure everything is done right and at the same time...
The following users liked this post:
IntactACK (06-21-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
I would get spring and cams to prevent any valve float, and you never know when you might fuck up and down gear into the wrong gear. I seen too many o no I down gear from 6 to 2nd or 3rd blah blah blah bent all my exhaust valves. At least do type s exhaust valve spring they have 15% higher rate then stock
Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 PM

^^^ I am crying a tear as i post this but am an AT....

I think am going to go all out on this one....including increasing the CR and the rev limiter on the stock bottom end....lets see how it plays out...
The following 2 users liked this post by swoosh:
IntactACK (06-21-2013), Sonnick (06-21-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Safety Car

Lol you can't over rev damn AT

Can't wait to see your build
Old 06-20-2013, 09:38 PM

yes but I have the MS3, so I can raise the rev limiter....
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
I wish I could report back with more, I'm on the stage two and daily drive her with no issues. Idle is . I've only put about 2k miles on them since I've owned them. I'm going to open everything up over the winter and check it over.

I have to say yesterday was a freak day, my car ran beyond amazing and pulled like it had 30 more horse than it did the day before, I texted Andy and I was like dude wtf my car is horny today and he stated his seemed to do the same sometimes

I don't have a/f ratios yet, dyno numbers, nor have I opened my motor up to say I have no legit issues but is that I'll have no issues. I will soon have evidence to back it all up. Like you swoosh I am closing on a house right now and I'm lucky my woman is still ok with me buying......well anything hahahahaha

My next step is to reconstruct my exhaust, I bought an ATLP exhaust with no mufflers that is heat wrapped from some random ass guy He's a piece of . HA jk Andy your the man and thanks for taking all my money at an overly generous rate at your expense the last year!

In the car world its tough to come by people who want to help and share all their experience and information, guys like Gerzand are hard to come by! I'm lately I've been so happy who wants to

<--- was me last night so I'm still feeling great at work haha. Later CAMMED friends! Have a great f'n day!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by i_love_cars
It doesn't matter if you came here with AFR or dynos or both - you aren't boosted, and you aren't spraying, so nothing you post here could ever support your testaments about keeping up with 500 hp m3's.

I'm reading this thread and posting in the hopes that anyone new who reads this thread doesn't pick up the wrong information by seeing you say that a TL with bolt-ons and cams will keep up with a supercharged M3.
If they think that, then thats their problem lol...I don't get your point of harping on this subject.

But hey for you "people" I did actually beat a supercharged m3 through 3rd gear so....yeah lol. I don't care if he had somewhat bald tires, theres still tread on them. It's not a testament, its just a story, if you don't want to read it carry on and enjoy your day

If you want me to say it again, yes if he had drag slicks on and was a better driver he would beat me. Not my problem, I invested in nice wheels and tires, his problem ahah.

Theres a big difference of a driver and building and buying your car and understanding how to drive/operate it.

It's kind of like you saying, well you didn't really win at the racetrack even though you beat him to the finish line because he isn't the best driver and doesn't have the proper tires(Keep in mind he's on 19x10 rears and they aren't the worst tires I've seen, just missing inspection)Wasting my time at this point. Have a great day guys!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by IntactACK
If anyone needs a set of clean j32 cams to try any of these grinds out or a core set let me know mine are sitting packaged up ready to go. I'd be willing to make a reasonably priced sale to get some more testing and research in. shoot me a PM if your interested.
You think I can borrow your cams? I need a set so I can build a set for myself. I don't want to take out my old ones when I daily drive her. If you're ok with it of course and I'll send it back to you when I'm done with them. I may even dyno mine back to back and see what my cams can do vs Bisi's cams on a mild build set up on the J32.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by bouncer07
You think I can borrow your cams? I need a set so I can build a set for myself. I don't want to take out my old ones when I daily drive her. If you're ok with it of course and I'll send it back to you when I'm done with them. I may even dyno mine back to back and see what my cams can do vs Bisi's cams on a mild build set up on the J32.
lol that would be a core set, I want to trust you and all but I just can't do that. If you PM me or send me a text message 3152834606 I will offer you a great price to help out a fellow member. I've done so many transactions and have no trader rating
Old 06-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by swoosh
yes but I have the MS3, so I can raise the rev limiter....
swoosh how long did it take you to learn the ms3? I'm just afraid daily driving it is going to be tough for me. I do have other vehicles but I'm afraid I will spend 8 hrs a day messing with ms3 and my woman will disown me and I will end up at a massage parlor with *Happy Endings
Old 06-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
damn how did i miss this thread....am getting old....
I must say that I am absolutely shocked you missed this one!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts

If they think that, then thats their problem lol...I don't get your point of harping on this subject.

But hey for you "people" I did actually beat a supercharged m3 through 3rd gear so....yeah lol. I don't care if he had somewhat bald tires, theres still tread on them. It's not a testament, its just a story, if you don't want to read it carry on and enjoy your day

If you want me to say it again, yes if he had drag slicks on and was a better driver he would beat me. Not my problem, I invested in nice wheels and tires, his problem ahah.

Theres a big difference of a driver and building and buying your car and understanding how to drive/operate it.

It's kind of like you saying, well you didn't really win at the racetrack even though you beat him to the finish line because he isn't the best driver and doesn't have the proper tires(Keep in mind he's on 19x10 rears and they aren't the worst tires I've seen, just missing inspection)Wasting my time at this point. Have a great day guys!
If that's the case he was not racing or is a very poor driver sleeping. 500hp would toast your what, 300hp specially in third gear as he would not be spinning.
If you are full weight you would have your hands full with just a bolt on m3.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Safety Car

Stop playing forza or gran turismo
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by richardparker
If that's the case he was not racing or is a very poor driver sleeping. 500hp would toast your what, 300hp specially in third gear as he would not be spinning.
If you are full weight you would have your hands full with just a bolt on m3.
OK, this thread isn't about me racing m3's. But anyways, I'm far from full weight and I beat an m3 by a car length with bolt ons....thanks for your information though.

Racing isn't just about a vehicle....I have several trophies from when I raced years ago, I'm confident in saying I'm a better driver than most.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Your right it's not about you racing m3's. It's about bisi cams that you are saying when installed beat a charged m3. I'm not trying to rain on the next man's parade but,I'm calling BS.
Get a go-pro in the action so we can see the beast taring up 500hp cars.
justnspace (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 11:49 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
its not that we DONT believe; its that your "stories" are just "stories" with no real benchmark.

it feels like you're a kid on christmas morning, excited to rip open those presents.
in your excitement; you are missing details and important facts.
your raving of the cams tells us nothing.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Safety Car

hurry up and install some damn cams people. I want to see some VTEC!@#$#%
Old 06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Dyno is needed. A before dyno is out of the question, but an after dyno is needed. How far North are you from Yonkers? I got a run for ya
Old 06-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
For anyone who doesn't want to read my response below, the TLDR is that cams don't magically turn your TL into a race car, and in a straight-line race, no amount of driver skill will ever be able to compensate for a 200+ whp difference, unless the 500 hp car is a giant truck or SUV that weighs 6000 pounds.

This thread was a good thread until you took a shit all over it by coming in spouting off about how fast your cams made your car. It WAS an informative thread, but then you got cams that you know nothing about and have no real information on except some bogus lift/duration advertised by Bisi, and have basically tried to say you now have a race car.

All of your posts have summed up to the completely false idea that slapping some cams (untuned to boot, lol) on a base TL with some bolt-ons will make it competitive with 500 hp cars. The M3 was used as an example to (indirectly whether you realize it or not) support essentially every other post you've made here. It's ridiculous.

I'm not even close to stock weight in my TL either and at 295 whp I am door to door with a 3200 pound e46 m3 with I/H/E, and I guarantee your car isn't faster than mine. You have 0 chance against an additional 200 whp.

I have no problem with people being excited about their TL, and modding it - but you're completely full of it and your only defense to those of us who are trying to inject a dose of REALITY back into this thread is "well i don't have dyno numbers to back anything up". We don't care about your dyno numbers because we already know you don't make enough power to even stay remotely close to a 500 whp sports car.

awaiting a lock on this thread from the mods.
justnspace (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Thread doesn't need locked. I've found it fairly informative thus far.

Just quit the BS and or pointing out the BS because the BS is obvious.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Racer

hahaha this is such a joke, sorry I get excited about my car and having fun, thats the entire point of modding the TL, I bought it as a commuter car and have fun with it.

I don't bullshit, I'm not saying I beat 500whp cars, please re read my post if your so confused, I pulled on him through 1-2-3. Once again I completely understand that I shouldn't be pulling on him, go read my original post ya jack***, I was sharing some fun I had, not saying that if you throw cams in your car your going to be out beating 500whp cars. Get a life man.....haters gonna hate, I'll post up my timeslip from tomorrow so I have factual documented evidence for you people lol.

I spent numerous months researching these cams and verified with andy the piston to valve clearance, valve to valve clearance etc etc. I installed them with my friend who has a full built and swapped rx7 to an ls3 motor pushing 558 whp. Don't act like I'm a retard man. I didn't know I couldn't post some fun results trying to steer people in the right direction and that there are no issues with running the cams. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with Gerzand and quite a bit of time back and forth with Bisi from BISIMOTO. Don't act like you know everything about someone just because I posted about pulling on my best friends car(supercharged m3). Like I stated, he couldn't get much traction, I said in the post, I know he would burn me typically, but this given day I pulled on him through third, just sharing some fun insight, there was no need for you to destroy this thread because of it. I'm out, go argue with your wife if you have one, she probably thinks the same of you as I do.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Racer

That's awesome man....I don't even want to know what that cost you, actually I do lol. Your car must sound super sexy!? Are you on stock tuning? if not what are you using?

Just to give some people an idea of what are cars of capable of, my buddy has a supercharged m3(bald tires right now) I pulled on him through 1-2 and we stopped half way through third and I was pulling on his ass! I know if he made traction he would burn me but it still felt great! his m3 is around 500 whp, so suck it!

Sorry I should've been more careful of how I worded this, look what I started in the internet world. I'm leaving work, so bash away I won't be back on until monday unless I run 8.5 second quarter miles I'll post up for you saturday lol. I'm glad I get paid to put up with the BS

Hey guys have a good weekend!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Post your slips.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by justnspace
its not that we DONT believe; its that your "stories" are just "stories" with no real benchmark.

it feels like you're a kid on christmas morning, excited to rip open those presents.
in your excitement; you are missing details and important facts.
your raving of the cams tells us nothing.

I'm sharing the information I have at this time, take what you get and I love your post because that is how I feel.... 3 years ago(6-18-2013) I had a horrific accident and was lucky to come out alive(ten broken bones/compression fractures etc), I spent over a year busting my ass to even walk again, so yeah I do enjoy life most likely more than most of you and I try to enjoy life like a kid on christmas everyday. More people should try it! I have a great job, family, and I'm now fortunate enough to be buying the house that I WANT. Life is what you make of it, I could give two shits about this guy saying I"m full of shit. I simply shared a story about having a little fun with my car and you critique the f*** out of it. At least I have the balls to go and try and slap cams in my car and have fun with it, whats the worst thats going to happen, break it? then we will rebuild it and make it better! That's how engineers build things, to their highest potential maintaining reliablity, ok I'm done lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Sonnick
Post your slips.
It's test and tune/swap meet day, hopefully we get print outs, if not I will just have someone video it for fun. Just meeting a bunch of my friends to enjoy the day.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
yeah i think you're missing the point.

This isn't a personal attack against you - I have repeatedly stated I have nothing against you being excited. I just want people to understand that cams don't make your TL a race car.

That's it.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
Go big swoosh.

Cams are like tattoos. As soon as you get them, you will wish you would have went bigger.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
hahaha this is such a joke, sorry I get excited about my car and having fun, thats the entire point of modding the TL, I bought it as a commuter car and have fun with it.

I don't bullshit, I'm not saying I beat 500whp cars, please re read my post if your so confused, I pulled on him through 1-2-3. Once again I completely understand that I shouldn't be pulling on him, go read my original post ya jack***, I was sharing some fun I had, not saying that if you throw cams in your car your going to be out beating 500whp cars. Get a life man.....haters gonna hate, I'll post up my timeslip from tomorrow so I have factual documented evidence for you people lol.

I spent numerous months researching these cams and verified with andy the piston to valve clearance, valve to valve clearance etc etc. I installed them with my friend who has a full built and swapped rx7 to an ls3 motor pushing 558 whp. Don't act like I'm a retard man. I didn't know I couldn't post some fun results trying to steer people in the right direction and that there are no issues with running the cams. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with Gerzand and quite a bit of time back and forth with Bisi from BISIMOTO. Don't act like you know everything about someone just because I posted about pulling on my best friends car(supercharged m3). Like I stated, he couldn't get much traction, I said in the post, I know he would burn me typically, but this given day I pulled on him through third, just sharing some fun insight, there was no need for you to destroy this thread because of it. I'm out, go argue with your wife if you have one, she probably thinks the same of you as I do.
Dude, it's gonna be like 90 degrees tomorrow. You might not like how those slips read in that weather!
IntactACK (06-22-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Pro

I bet intact is at or over 300whp.

Would like to know for sure though.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

I have also found this thread informative. Just keep the racing stories out and if you are gonna make statements, post vids or slips to back it up.

I am also going to start working my S out to hopefully get to 325 whp goal.
I will not be doing weight reduction. Just something a little more sporty.

I am following this as I am interested in the stage 2 cams. With valves, springs, retainer.
I am also looking into a different intake manifold/tb setup.

I would like to leave my S cams virgin though. Will a j32 cam reground to a bisi stage 2 cam fit the j35 heads? Direct fit?

Keep this info informative and factual and a lot of people will be able to use this thread and maybe be able to put it in the garage.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by sauceja
I have also found this thread informative. Just keep the racing stories out and if you are gonna make statements, post vids or slips to back it up.

I am also going to start working my S out to hopefully get to 325 whp goal.
I will not be doing weight reduction. Just something a little more sporty.

I am following this as I am interested in the stage 2 cams. With valves, springs, retainer.
I am also looking into a different intake manifold/tb setup.

I would like to leave my S cams virgin though. Will a j32 cam reground to a bisi stage 2 cam fit the j35 heads? Direct fit?

Keep this info informative and factual and a lot of people will be able to use this thread and maybe be able to put it in the garage.
Direct fit.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
but why would you do that?
the type-s cams are lighter and more durable.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:40 PM

OMFG !!!

guys can we please quit the "whose penis is the biggest" game in here? this is a perfectly good thread and lets not fuck it up...hell i win, lets just end it there....

Jeff, I have decided to go big....will couple family surprises coming my way, i forsee a family car as a DD in the future....

Matt, (IntactACK) I think thats your name LOL....I dont know much of MS3....I have been going through couple options everyday and researching online but I have never tuned a car before....I have been asking Andy to the tune he was running in his Cammed Base 5AT since our cars are exactly similar (Base, 5AT, stage 2 cammed, ported and polished, RDX injectors) but I havent heard back from him. Kurt has send me a tune which I have been trying to learn off....

Ok when I get back home this is the plan:
Install the oil catch can with valve covers
Take cams out and send to Bisi
Give my heads for a pnp job...

Local are getting ready for a dyno day....finally, I will head to the dyno
Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Not concerned about weight. Just want a different cam to regrind and not use my Type S cams.

I will not be stripping my car. Just want to build on what is already in there and have a reliable fun car. Thats why I am just aiming for around 325 whp. Nothing too crazy.

Because not a racecar

Quick Reply: Custom Bisimoto Cams