QUESTION: Is this reliable? 2004-2008 ACURA TL DIRECT IPOD INPUT+ AUX - LEVEL #4

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:19 PM
mrrocan red '07 tl-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimenezlee
Did you see that video that I put on Youtube? Its an '08 TL-S... I did replace the XM tuner with a Sirius tuner and ended up circumventing any problems altogether. I have not had any of the lag issues since I did this either. So if you don't like XM and are thinking of replacing it and want this unit, it will work. Here's the link again http://youtube.com/watch?v=U6bYMMOHS34 and by the way, somebody already made fun of the gloves...

Yea dude those gloves are so sweet!! anyway i did add the sirius just 'cuz xm sucks - and it was b4 merger anyway- but which adapter did u use and it works ok with the nav?? thanks bro-keep up the glove look!!LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
mrrocan red '07 tl-s

Originally Posted by rockfordace
Yea dude those gloves are so sweet!! anyway i did add the sirius just 'cuz xm sucks - and it was b4 merger anyway- but which adapter did u use and it works ok with the nav?? thanks bro-keep up the glove look!!LOL

I forgot you totally sound like Borat!! not trying to be mean, plus where did you mount the cord for the i-phone/ipod??
Old 09-05-2008, 10:45 PM
6th Gear

I've worked my way through the entire thread and I'm ready to plunge in.

I have an 04 with Nav. Should I wait for the new hardware to come out? Or will the units currently available be upgradeable via firmware?

I'd hate to buy and install now only to have a new version of the hardware come out 2 months later that would work better without the lag issues.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:09 PM
2nd Gear

Recently purchased 08 TL-S with nav and I'm dying to get the IPOD issue fixed for the peripheral unit and if I can get IPOD video running in the car, I might live there. While we wait for the peripheral fix, Is anyone running video at this point? If so, can you share?
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
ok, so i CANT get the factory harness off for the life of me.
I've been trying for an hour and its really starting to piss me off.
I'm about to take a hammer to my navi/radio. How do i get the damn thing off?
just press on the tabs on the top and bottom?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
PXAMG GuRu

look at the harness that came with the ISimple module. You should see where the small square tab is that needs to be pressed in for it to come out. you may have to fully seat the connector (push it all the way into the radio) them push the tabe and pull the cable out.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
haha yeahh I got it! thanks though. I didn't take the radio out so I had limited visibility of the harness, and I couldn't feel the tab at first.
I e-mailed you guys last night becuase the harness that came with it comes out VERY easily. It actually got loose while I was driving earlier. is that normal?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Peripheral
The iPhone 3G will not charge with our module as it no longer accepts 12v charging only 5v charging which is supplied on a differient pin of the docking connector and will be implemented in our next run of hardware.
Any time frame on when the next revision of your hardware is coming out? I would like to wait if it is a few weeks. If not I guess I would get the current one and that power adapter thing for the 3g Iphone.

I have an 04 TL without Nav. I assume the current device will work fine (minus the charging)?

Do you have the part number of the kit I need at BB?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 AM
PXAMG GuRu

I'm not sure of a time frame for the new hardware. There is alot of things we are changing. We are currently shopping for the best price on the new components we need for the module.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Instructor

I'm not sure of a time frame for the new hardware. There is alot of things we are changing. We are currently shopping for the best price on the new components we need for the module.
Will the new version work with an 08 TL-S (XM / nav traffic)?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

I am definitely upgrading when you get the new one made!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Instructor

still waiting for a tls option.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Intermediate

As long as you get the latest firmware from peripheral you should go ahead and get the PXAMG unit. It's the best one on the market for iPod integration and it does allow you to control the iPod from the iPod as well as with the Acura radio and steering wheel controls.

I had a lot of issues with the freezing, lag and related problems, however, the latest firmware patch has fixed all those issues for me. I have a 2005 TL w/Nav, XM, etc.

Good luck!

P.S. The install is pretty easy if you follow the directions in these threads on how to get the dash and console apart.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
wait isnt it true that if u have a tl-s (has navi) but aren't using XM/Sirius or NAVTraffic the PXAMG unit will be fine? still charges and no lags or freezing issues?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by playa4real
wait isn't it true that if u have a tl-s (has navi) but aren't using XM/Sirius or NAVTraffic the PXAMG unit will be fine? still charges and no lags or freezing issues?
It wold be nice to get an answer (from someone with a TL-S) to the above. I've got a TL-S and still have the XM trial, not sure if I'll keep it so I'd like to know what all the options are and what the new peripheral device will do?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM
PXAMG GuRu

Here is the issue. The radio communicates to the vehicle via data. somewhere in the vehicle the data wires cross through a gateway of sort. This is why when our module is installed the radio becomes inop. this is due to the radio not being able to communicate to the vehicle. We have since created a new harness for those of you with a TL type-s (not yet released) that will install at the sat tuner and thus allow the radio to communicate as needed.

Also we have released a new version of firmware for our PXAMG. I would like to have everyone update thier modules as we have done a bunch of changes and memory allocation which allows the module to opperate alot faster and more efficiently. I have sent this to those with the LAG issue in non Type-S and have gotten great results with it. visit our update page http://peripheralelectronics.com/firmware/index.asp for the new file and updating instructions.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Pro

thanks for the update! do u know when you'll be releasing that new harness? im dying to get one of these for my type-s.

Last edited by playa4real; 09-18-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Pro

i know u have a co-worker with a type-s..but if u need anyone else to try out the harness for u..id be more than willing to help you out
Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Instructor

Peripheral, as I said in my email to you a few weeks ago, I am willing to try the new harness in a type-s as well.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:45 PM
PXAMG GuRu

Originally Posted by jcondon
Do you have the part number of the kit I need at BB?

Thanks,
Jim
ISIM71 is the part number of the module when purchased from Best Buy.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ISIM71 is the part number of the module when purchased from Best Buy.
hey Peripheral when will the new kit come out for the 2007/2008 tl type s.can you give us a little clue about if it will be out before the end of the year.you know Peripheral should set up a group buy on the kit do to the long ass wait;and for the members that had your kit in the car and never got it to work.do you know what a pain in the ass that was to take the car apart 2 or 3 times and then find out the kit doesn't work for us type s guys.so can you please give us a time on when we can buy the new kit.thanks for all your help
Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acura911
hey Peripheral when will the new kit come out for the 2007/2008 tl type s.can you give us a little clue about if it will be out before the end of the year.you know Peripheral should set up a group buy on the kit do to the long ass wait;and for the members that had your kit in the car and never got it to work.do you know what a pain in the ass that was to take the car apart 2 or 3 times and then find out the kit doesn't work for us type s guys.so can you please give us a time on when we can buy the new kit.thanks for all your help
I concur.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:55 AM
6th Gear

stupid question.. i live in canada, i have a 2005 TL with navi but no XM radio button is there any way around this. i really want to have ipod integration and this one seems the best.

thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thrlride
I concur.
This is an OUTSTANDING idea. After a few of us get the new kit up and running, a month long group buy, would ensure peripheral get lots of orders, and by then we;d have enough people running this to "help each other out". Seems like a win - win.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
3GTLS

Originally Posted by cmt1
This is an OUTSTANDING idea. After a few of us get the new kit up and running, a month long group buy, would ensure peripheral get lots of orders, and by then we;d have enough people running this to "help each other out". Seems like a win - win.
I agree that this is a good idea. After all, it is rare to find a company that is willing to work with pepple on fixing customer problems like Peripheral has and they deserve our support.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
6th Gear

just got done installing this into my 04 TL with Nav with only minimal pain and cursing. Took about 2 1/2 hours for a guy who's never done anything like this before.

But it's hooked up and worked perfectly as far as I can tell. The sound is much better than my tape adapter.

And just to make sure, the cd/tape is disabled with this? Because I can't get the system to change to that input from any other input. It doesn't concern me for functionality since I never use the cd player or tape, but I want to make sure I didn't screw something up.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:08 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Everything should work. Peripheral doesn't remove any functionality.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:12 PM
6th Gear

yeah, I figured that out. You can't switch to the cd/tape input if there's no cd or tape inserted. Like I said, I don't use cd's in there often and the tape deck was only ever used for the ipod adapter.

I just threw a cd in and it worked perfectly. So, all's well.

After listening some more I am really, really pleased with the improved sound quality I have over the tape adapter. It's striking, at least to my ears. And my console is so much cleaner now without the tape adapter, wire, and ipod sticking out. I can actually close the door down there where I used to slide the ipod in.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
6th Gear

is there a way to pause?

I understand it will pause when receiving a call for HFL and will pause if you switch to another input but is there any way to pause without changing the input?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
ROFLCOPTER!

i don't know the answer to that as I almost never use the pause function. Check out the card that came in the box. It has the functionality on it. Also, you can search back through this thread for Peripheral's reply to my complaint that the functions are difficult. For some reason when that dood explained it on the post, it clicked with me and I've not had any problems.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
6th Gear

the card doesn't label any button as a pause, which is odd to me since random play is assigned a button.

I'm not having any other trouble navigating. I've been able to get around my library easily. I just don't use the HFL, so when I get a phone call I need to pause what's playing.

I searched the thread for "pause" but only got HFL posts.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Pro

that would be pretty cool. count me in if this happens
Old 09-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Intermediate

Well I just installed the new .26 firmware up from .25. It was pretty easy and painless. I'll let everyone know if it's any better or worse after I reinstall it tomorrow. Btw I have an 05 w/navi.

Peripheral - I don't know if it's possible with a new firmware version or not but being able to go backwards while scrolling through songs/artist ( not just a-b-c but a-z-y) would be wonderful!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 AM
PXAMG GuRu

Update:

Harness samples for the NAV-Traffic vehicles have arrived and they are correct. I have 2 that i can send out. the first two people that PM me requesting them get em. This requires you to go and buy the module and update it to the most current on the website. This module will be installed in the trunk at the SAT tuner which is much easier to access than taking out the radio. All im sending is the harness. Also be sure to include your address in the PM.
__________________________________________________ ______________

For the ipod to pause one of the following must be done:

1. Power radio down (turn radio off)
2. switch to another source
3. using the HFL

As far as the Group buy goes i talked to my boss and he is curious to see how many people are interested in it. I told him normally in other forums im a part of they get 20 to 25 people but im sure he would do less. Let me know how many people are interested in it. Im not clear on the price for the group buy but im pretty sure it would depend on how many people are interested.

Send me a PM letting me know that your interested if indeed you are.

Underdogg - not sure if vehicles manufactured in canada even supports SAT. if not then our module will not work.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I think I might have done it!! I bought my third iSimple kit this weekend and thought I would give it one last go to try and get it to play the iPod and play Sirius via the HON-SC1 adapter and SCC1 tuner. The previous two iSimple kits I just could not get it to work no matter what. I had an extra y adapter laying around and was going to try to use it and some how get it working. I thought I had tried every hookup combination possible and had no luck getting it to work. Right now, it is working! I thought I had tried this combo before but, for some reason, this time, it works. Here is what I did and I do not know how it is working but for now it is:

1)Unhooked both plugs and antenna at the factory XM tuner
2)Unplugged the plug at the factory radio
3)Plugged the iSimple in to the factory radio
4)Plugged the HON-SC1 in to the iSimple y cable

Complete iPod control and complete Sirius control. Screens move fast, no lag time and finally no XM wording (which I was getting before).

Another member did this same thing and posted the video.

Now to put everything back together and hope it all still works.

For anyone who switched to Sirius, it can work!!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:52 PM
PXAMG GuRu

ACURA X2 - glad you got it working. That means you dont need the new harness. Which means i have one left. let me know guys.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Working so far. I sent you another pm. I would be happy to test the harness if you need someone. I will probably go with XM once the joint content starts so I can get the traffic. Tulsa is now on the traffic and my wife makes that drive daily.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Pro

Update:

Harness samples for the NAV-Traffic vehicles have arrived and they are correct. I have 2 that i can send out. the first two people that PM me requesting them get em. This requires you to go and buy the module and update it to the most current on the website. This module will be installed in the trunk at the SAT tuner which is much easier to access than taking out the radio. All im sending is the harness. Also be sure to include your address in the PM.
__________________________________________________ ______________

For the ipod to pause one of the following must be done:

1. Power radio down (turn radio off)
2. switch to another source
3. using the HFL

As far as the Group buy goes i talked to my boss and he is curious to see how many people are interested in it. I told him normally in other forums im a part of they get 20 to 25 people but im sure he would do less. Let me know how many people are interested in it. Im not clear on the price for the group buy but im pretty sure it would depend on how many people are interested.

Send me a PM letting me know that your interested if indeed you are.

Underdogg - not sure if vehicles manufactured in canada even supports SAT. if not then our module will not work.
when do you think you will have the new kits for sale anytime soon i hope?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 AM
PXAMG GuRu

Not sure on a time frame. The old or new hardware will work on the Type S but all it requires that is differient is the harness.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Pro

Not sure on a time frame. The old or new hardware will work on the Type S but all it requires that is differient is the harness.
hey peripheral if the new harness hooks up on the xm how do i run the ipod up front?what is going to be the diff in the new one and the old one? i'm dieing to get it but i know the old one the plug comes off easy from the unit.i would love to try the new harness but i would hate for the new one to come out soon after thatdo you think the new one will be out by the end of the year.what's taking so long if you guys fixed the lag.thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: QUESTION: Is this reliable? 2004-2008 ACURA TL DIRECT IPOD INPUT+ AUX - LEVEL #4