Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
One minor correction to the last post...

The OK-Button removal programs only work on the 3.xx (Orange) DVDs prior to version 3.70. They don't work on 3.70, and so far, there doesn't seem to be a solution that DOES work on the 3.70 (Orange) DVD or any of the 4.xx (White) DVDs. I'm sure that will change at some point, but so far... well... there you go.

I guess, this was more of a clarification than a correction, since the prior post didn't actually state what version the OK-Button removal programs themselves were for.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have looked through most of the more recent pages and not seen a clear answer. I know the OK button Mod does not work on the 3.7 orange disc, but is it possible to do the trip computer mod on this disc? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Matt~
Old 02-07-2008, 08:42 AM
4th Gear

Man, this thing is kicking my butt! Anybody willing to re-size these images for me? I can't get them to be the 113398 file size that they need to be!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
4th Gear

Let me try posting the images again:

IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/devilboyajl/replace.jpg[/IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-07-2008, 05:02 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

Originally Posted by devilboy95
Man, this thing is kicking my butt! Anybody willing to re-size these images for me? I can't get them to be the 113398 file size that they need to be!

wrong thread
try this one
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-have-video-camera-college-campus-my-disposal-129948/
Old 02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Cruisin'

No answer from anyone on if its possible to get the trip computer on a 3.7 orange disc? I know we can't get the OK button removal to work, I just really want to know if its possible to get the trip computer on it cus I reeally loved that feature on my old disc. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Advanced

Of course it is possible - what you really mean does anyone want to spend their time performing the change for you.

I am working on the OK button as time allows, but unfortunately I have other pressing development efforts, so this takes a back seat time to time. Although, from what I have found so far in the disassembled code, as AngryDad has said, the change is by no means "complex". It just requires doing the necessary research/investigation to walk through the funtions/subroutines, and understand the PE format.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Cruisin'

I'm not asking anyone to do it for me, I just want to know if its been done by anyone, and I don't really care about the OK button. I know it can be very time consuming and we all have things to do. I just like the trip computer, calculator, etc that he did.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 PM
B A N N E D

i have an 04 accord coupe v6 6spd with navigation/xm/premium sound/in dash 6 disc changer...i checked the dvd rom in trunk...i have orange disc verison 3.30

i tried doin this mod but when i put the disc in my computer, i was missing like 4 files needed...can i not do it because it's an older version? i called alpine and they said the latest update is version 3.7 and when i asked "how new?" they said "updated fall of last year (2007)"

if i get the new disc, will i be able to do this hack (bypass the OK button screen and change backgorund) ?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:35 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any luck with the OK button crack on the 4.55 white disc for 07's yet????
Edit: nevermind I just read back a few days and saw as of 2 weeks ago there is no way to do it yet...
Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Cruisin'

Folks, I think it's fair to say at this point no one is actively working on a hack for the OK button for versions of the disc other than the inital posts on this thread. There are two indiciduals who are looking at the code in their spare time, so best case it may be 6+ months before sometime comes along.

I have offered to help, but so far all that is known is what tools to use and how to decide it into assembler. No information on where the code is that needs to be changed, or at least a string of HEX to look for has been shared, which is what would be needed if we wanted to try and provide a fix for every version of the disc.

So folks, you can keep asking for status, but my impression is that it will be a long time before we have something to use. I'm hopeful something will happen sooner, but it's not my place to push the few who are spending their own time on a solution.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Cruisin'

Ok Dokay

I have a 04 TL and the OK button is bypassed and My own splash screen works just fine. Several months ago Angry Dad posted the links to the no nag screen code and as I recall some members started insisting that he adjust his code to put personal names up instead of "Loading Navigation, Please wait" as the OK button was being bypassed. Dad got Angry and left. I pretty much quit reading these also. So the code is out there,

<UP: Soapbox>
One of life's most important skills is listed on your Kindergarten report card:
Plays well with others.
<DOWN Soapbox>
Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
4th Gear

I slightly messed up the nav system on my Honda Accord by putting the DVD from a newer Acura into the DVD player. It uploaded new software. Then when I put the original DVD back in, I had to upload the software from the original DVD. Now when I start the car I get this screen:

When I press Map-Menu-Cancel this screen comes up:

Then when I press Return the regular nag screen comes up:

Any advice on how to get it back to just the nag screen?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

Originally Posted by redburgundy
I slightly messed up the nav system on my Honda Accord by putting the DVD from a newer Acura into the DVD player. It uploaded new software. Then when I put the original DVD back in, I had to upload the software from the original DVD. Now when I start the car I get this screen:

if you want on the newer version click on "version" and then download the original disc you have
Old 02-19-2008, 03:55 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

Originally Posted by redchief
I have a 04 TL and the OK button is bypassed and My own splash screen works just fine. Several months ago Angry Dad posted the links to the no nag screen code and as I recall some members started insisting that he adjust his code to put personal names up instead of "Loading Navigation, Please wait" as the OK button was being bypassed. Dad got Angry and left. I pretty much quit reading these also. So the code is out there,

<UP: Soapbox>
One of life's most important skills is listed on your Kindergarten report card:
Plays well with others.
<DOWN Soapbox>
so pretty much a few assholes messed it up for the rest of us..great
Old 02-19-2008, 09:29 PM
10th Gear

I got the 3.70 DVD and reloaded a new startup image along w/ moding the disclaimer text. I was parsing thru the navi.exe and saw a possible area where the OK button/timer may be close to this location. As you can see, It looks like part of the code there for to hide the screen if no button is pressed. Here's a screenshot... anyone here offer a few pointers?

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by P.R.E.A.M.
so pretty much a few assholes messed it up for the rest of us..great
It was a little more complicated than that actually.

Angry dad posted the hack for free... but his own work was tagged with "AD" in the lowe corner.

Some folks didn't like the AD in the corner...

AD offered to create a custom version for folks for $50 a head

Can't do that here though without being a vendor...

AD didn't like that either, didn't figure he should have to pay the Azine tax, considering he developed and released the hack and source code.

Civil unrest ensues... People are pissed at AD for not doing what they want. AD's mad at mods, Mods can't control the madness...

AD gets booted.

It was a matter of the juvenile nature of many on this forum, combined with the self rightousness of AngryDad... and the Mods doin what they gotta do to pay for the forum.

Could it have been handled better... certainly...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
B A N N E D

If someone can show me where AngryDad's source code is I can take a look at it to see what I can do with it.

I'd love to develop a new release for the new white DVD cd's
Old 02-19-2008, 10:56 PM
10th Gear

Bysin's source code may help too... here's a link.

http://linuxkiddies.com/projects/navi/

I believe the direct link to the source code is http://linuxkiddies.com/projects/nav...onsole-src.zip

See if that helps out too. I know there are a few other routines in there but we should be able to pick it apart.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by MysticElf
Bysin's source code may help too... here's a link.

http://linuxkiddies.com/projects/navi/

I believe the direct link to the source code is http://linuxkiddies.com/projects/nav...onsole-src.zip

See if that helps out too. I know there are a few other routines in there but we should be able to pick it apart.
That looks like the code to the BIN compiler. I am looking for the old code for the OK button hack. Does anyone have it???
Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 AM
Acura Newbie

Originally Posted by Igor911
That looks like the code to the BIN compiler. I am looking for the old code for the OK button hack. Does anyone have it???
Igor - look at this thread for the old stuff without the AD text - (here)

You can also visit AD's Site to see what he's been up to.

Also - PM sent.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by redburgundy

Pull the fuse
Old 02-23-2008, 01:02 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Pull the fuse
I must be a dodo. I don't see a fuse labeled NAV and pulling the Radio fuse only disables the radio.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Aquarian 2006 TL 6M

I have an 06 TL 6MT with the 3.5 Orange disc. I tried to patch the AD's OK button and the trip computer patch and reload into the navi system just as the instructions have said to do so in all the first couple of chains. However, I keep going into a constant rebooting loop.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if there is something else I need to do?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Aquarian 2006 TL 6M

Nevermind. I gave up on AD's code and used anubar's hex edit instead. worked perfectly after replacing all the french text with spaces. I'm off to zooming now!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Morbid

Is there anything I can do with my 07 TL navi?, it's a dumb ??? But this is my first ricer.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:24 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ncinirator
Is there anything I can do with my 07 TL navi?, it's a dumb ??? But this is my first ricer.

~Cheers~
Old 03-01-2008, 07:38 AM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

all you can do is change the splash screen(picture before the "OK BUTTON") when it 1st turns on
that's all right now
Old 03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
10th Gear

all you can do is change the splash screen(picture before the "OK BUTTON") when it 1st turns on
that's all right now
Don't forget you can also Hex Edit the Disclaimer text in the Navi.exe file to whatever you like. It is also possible to extend the charactors per line as long as you keep the code that separates the English part from the French part after your English text. I have done both of these on the 3.70 Orange CD. We're just waiting for the "OK" bypass at this point for this version.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:50 AM
B-MAC

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the Angry Dad files. I click on the link and it just takes me to a Page not found-- 404 Not Found
Got the wallpaper easy, but rest is a lil harder. Especially since I cant download anything from AD to use on my 3.5 version DVD.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:31 AM
B-MAC

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Nevermind I figured it out, its so simple too. I sat here all day long and it wouldnt work for anything, then I just did what every one else said to do. Just take it slow read everything REAL CAREFUL and follow EXACTLY what is said. I did this and in twenty minutes had all three HACKs installed and ready to use at my disposal. I just used all of Kennyc's files and everything worked great. I also used the Dump navi console version, the graphic version didnt work for me and was the cause of most of my problems. Thanx again to everyone involved and good luck for those who still are having trouble!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:45 AM
6th Gear

Thanks for the guide. I now have my custom background and the nag button removed on my 05 TSX.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Morbid

Originally Posted by Go90go

~Cheers~
:wink: Sorry, I used the wrong term. I should have said the TL is my first foriegn luxury car, not ricer. I believe ricer is the term for the noisey, nos fitted, green yellow and purple cars in those fast & furious movies.

Just take it slow read everything REAL CAREFUL and follow EXACTLY what is said. I did this and in twenty minutes had all three HACKs installed and ready to use at my disposal.

That sounds like good advice.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:41 AM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

Originally Posted by MysticElf
Don't forget you can also Hex Edit the Disclaimer text in the Navi.exe file to whatever you like. It is also possible to extend the charactors per line as long as you keep the code that separates the English part from the French part after your English text. I have done both of these on the 3.70 Orange CD. We're just waiting for the "OK" bypass at this point for this version.
but has this been done on white 4.XX version??
Old 03-02-2008, 12:30 PM
10th Gear

but has this been done on white 4.XX version??
I'm not sure about the White DVD version since I don't have that version. You can find almost everything here including various updates...

http://www.vistabug.com/bb/viewforum.php?id=2
Old 03-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Morbid

I'm attempting to hax my version 4.56A white cd navi for my 07 TL, using instructions from post 437.

I am attempting to use this bmp for a test cd.

While following the steps I came across a problem, I cut and pasted from the promp. I could use a little help, I dont know what to do. But I will try using a different image that is exactly what size the command promt calls for;

C:\Documents and Settings\Fuzzy>cd\navihack

C:\NaviHack>8to16 replace.bmp openeing1.bmp
?Surprise: Input file 'openeing1.bmp' is not exactly 113,398 bytes.
palette starts at 00000036
data starts at 00000436
Old 03-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Morbid

Update

I used this image https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=66 and still got the message in the prompt about it not being the right size, but everyhthing else worked so far...I'm seeing if I can burn it to a CD.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:51 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

i was having the same issue myself with but for some reason it worked after awhile

you converted it to BMP from jpeg right?
Old 03-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Morbid

It Worked

i was having the same issue myself with but for some reason it worked after awhile

you converted it to BMP from jpeg right?
It was already in BMP, but if it was jpeg then yes it would have been converted.

For those of us that have version 4.56A white CD, the following instructions work-

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=437

To load in car follow these instructions-
http://guicide.com/cars/2006civic/na...wToReload.html
Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

It was already in BMP, but if it was jpeg then yes it would have been converted.

For those of us that have version 4.56A white CD, the following instructions work-

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=437

To load in car follow these instructions-
http://guicide.com/cars/2006civic/na...wToReload.html
that's what i used for mine
Name:  DSCN0826.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  76.4 KB

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal