Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Cheeeeeeckit?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whatjones911
I thought the 07 G35 was a redesign??? It has different shaped body panels, dimensions, and completly different interior. So it has to be a redesign. Anyways the G35 already had its refresh in 05 already

hmmm, well maybe i'm wrong...i was under the impression that it was built largely on the same platform...

true on the completley upgraded interior...

i'll just say, if acura's answer to refresh is a cleared tail light and a couple of amber bulbs thats pretty weak ...then again, what the hell do i know...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Instructor

the new G35 is pretty hot, interior is alot better compare to the current version, however i still think tl wins by a bit...not much....
but not to mention the interior.... the new G is got 300+ hp with smart AWD system.... the current g35x is already fast enough(5.9sec 0-60mph with 5AT)... cant wait to see what the new one can do.... the question comes down to ..... with IS350, G35 out there... can TL stand up to the challenge? not just performance wise...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Instructor

The G35, IS350, ES350; all these cars have more torque and HP than the '06 TL. The G35 is beating all of them with:
300+ HP, RWD, AWD, Paddle shifters, High Intensity Discharge (HID), Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)(optional), Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS), standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels(P245/45R18 tires), standard Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and available RearView Monitor and Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System. touch screen Infiniti Navigation System features available XM® NavTraffic™ with real-time traffic information + HD for music and pictures(will offer a high-end Bose audio system that integrates a digital audio converter (DAC) that lets users rip audio CDs and create digital audio files). The '07 G35 is a redesign, not a refresh that was done back in '05. The '07 G35 is built on a modified FM platform that the '06 rides in, with a stronger chassis rigidity, less drag, and larger sway bars for better performance(approximately 80% of major parts (except bolts, O-rings and clips) redesigned). Both engine and platform have been significantly enhanced for use with the 2007 G.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti...escription.htm
Old 04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Cheeeeeeckit?

Originally Posted by AltecBX
The G35, IS350, ES350; all these cars have more torque and HP than the '06 TL. The G35 is beating all of them with:
300+ HP, RWD, AWD, Paddle shifters, High Intensity Discharge (HID), Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)(optional), Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS), standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels(P245/45R18 tires), standard Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and available RearView Monitor and Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System. touch screen Infiniti Navigation System features available XM® NavTraffic™ with real-time traffic information + HD for music and pictures(will offer a high-end Bose audio system that integrates a digital audio converter (DAC) that lets users rip audio CDs and create digital audio files). The '07 G35 is a redesign, not a refresh that was done back in '05. The '07 G35 is built on a modified FM platform that the '06 rides in, with a stronger chassis rigidity, less drag, and larger sway bars for better performance(approximately 80% of major parts (except bolts, O-rings and clips) redesigned). Both engine and platform have been significantly enhanced for use with the 2007 G.

Good check Altec, i looked at insideline.com/edmunds last night after i posted and indeed it looks you are right, more like a redesign than a refresh...regardless, you'd think with a few tweaks here and there acura could position the 07 TL to more strongly compete with the new advancements we're seeing in the luxury sedan market. but who knows, with acura posting solid sales numbers on the TL they could elect to rest on their laurels and ride it out one (or two) more years....i guess we'll see soon enough
Old 04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

That new G35 sedan look like arse from the exterior but under the skin and interior, I give it thumbs up.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Banned

2007 TL is due for a Minor Model Change before 2009 redesign. It will most likely receive clear taillights, redesigned front bumper and headlights, and additional horsepower with a revised intake/exhaust system.

It has been rumored that the 2009 Acura TL will use SH-AWD as used in the current (2006) Acura RL. Rumored new engine choices are the 3.5L used in the current RL or a DOHC 3.2L engine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_TL

At least they're throwing in the HP increase to keep up with the competition.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:53 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Maxima hp

The new '07 maxima and ALtima is getting more HP for '07.
Half right. The Maxima's hp stays the same and the Altima picks up a few.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Instructor

Honda has to come out with a DOHC engine for the TL and a AWD with paddle shifters. Is the only way to stay up with other companies like, Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW. If they ride out 2 years to throw out something new, and just slap a few lights and bumpers in the refresh, Acura will loose alot of its customers especially with the low sale of the RL. I hope they don't become a manf. that bets on their SUV (RDX & MDX) to make sales like GM( ).
Old 04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by kamal

Considering the "freeest flowing" aftermarket intakes and exhaust systems combined yield less than 20 HP gains, I wouldn't be suprised if the HP gains are 12 HP or less. Super...

They did the same thing with TSX in 2006, and you got a whopping 8 more HP I believe.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Considering the "freeest flowing" aftermarket intakes and exhaust systems combined yield less than 20 HP gains, I wouldn't be suprised if the HP gains are 12 HP or less. Super...

They did the same thing with TSX in 2006, and you got a whopping 8 more HP I believe.

Well I was considering adding the SC to my 05 TL but after seeing what's coming out I might just wait a bit. Especially want to see what the G coupe has to offer.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:35 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kamal

Unfortunately that wikipedia article is as credible as the user who edited it. Even though I feel that horsepower jump in 2007 might be possible, few other things stated might just stay that way....a rumor.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE=AltecBX]The G35, IS350, ES350; all these cars have more torque and HP than the '06 TL. The G35 is beating all of them with:

Don't forget the 9.5 GB built-in Hard Drive and the Compact Flash memory reader... Acura better come up with something special for '07 or else I'm getting a G...
Old 04-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Advanced

Don't forget the 9.5 GB built-in Hard Drive and the Compact Flash memory reader... Acura better come up with something special for '07 or else I'm getting a G...
Old 04-20-2006, 07:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by acuraz88
ditto
Old 04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Wow, people are still going on about refreshes and what needs to be done for Acura to "keep up." Please. Three years ago when the G was in the middle of its cycle, did Infiniti drastically change it to keep up with the new TL because the new TL blew the G away? No, they refreshed it, ran for a couple of years, and overhauled it for 07. The new G blows the TL away (except with regards to looks)...Acura will refresh, run with it for a couple of years, and overhaul the TL in 09. The 09 TL will blow away the G, Infiniti will refresh the G...and so on...do you see the pattern? It will continue forever (or as long as these cars exist). This is why it's pointless to go on about what Acura (or Infiniti/any car maker) needs to do.

Also, for those that find it amazing that a car made in 07 has newer/more gadgets than an 04...newsflash...two year newer cars have always had more in them than previous models and they always will. It's just like the TV/computer/phone/whatever I buy today is better than the one I got/could've got two years ago.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Advanced

You have to admit though.. Recently, it seems since Ghosn took over Infiniti, they have really improved, seems like they listen more to its customers more than Acura.. Infiniti customers complained about the interior and the exterior looks of the 03-06 G35, and Infiniti improved upon it..

Frankly, I like Acura and all but just some of the stuff they do just doesn't make sense... They are so stubborn with sticking to FWD and V6's its frustrating.. I mean couldn't they take a hint with the 99-03 TL? and even the with the new RL? but what frustrates me more is the limited number of options available on the TL, no AWD, no backup-camera (even the Odyssey has an option for this), no MP3 player...

Yeah, you have a point that the full model change of the TL in '09 will probably be better than the '07 G35.. but for people looking to buy in the next few months, all we care about whats available now...
but looking at the past history of Acura I get a sense that they are not very good at giving what customers want...
Old 04-20-2006, 09:10 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

but looking at the past history of Acura I get a sense that they are not very good at giving what customers want...
When you were looking at Honda/Acura's "past history" of being "not very good at giving what customers want" did you bother to look at their past sales figures? They may not give the small percentage of enthusiasts everything they want, but by far and large Honda and Acura are giving the majority of their customers EXACTLY what they want. The sales figures show it.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

That 2007G is gonna be nice... but regardless of what the rags say about price, when you put one together fully loaded with all the "enthusiast goodies... It's gonna be over $40K.

The new G loaded up is lining up to compete with the IS350/RL market, not the TL

Gotta compare apples to apples.

There's not car on the market today that has the wizbang for $33K more than the TL.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Currently at 50,546 miles

Exclamation

Bah, for a couple hundred bucks, I can get an iPod and do a lot more with it than I can a built in Hard Drive for my car.

Heck, with the price of gas, I'd rather they make the car more fuel efficent than add more horsepower - I'd rather get another 4-5MPG than shave .6 seconds off of the 0-60 time.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Currently at 50,546 miles

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
When you were looking at Honda/Acura's "past history" of being "not very good at giving what customers want" did you bother to look at their past sales figures? They may not give the small percentage of enthusiasts everything they want, but by far and large Honda and Acura are giving the majority of their customers EXACTLY what they want. The sales figures show it.
This is how Honda can price the TL the way they do - if they had 250 different factory options, cost of production would rise, and the TL would be a $40,000 sticker. I think they do a pretty good job of giving 90% of customers what they want at a great price.

In 2002, I was going to buy an Altima (yeah, I've been cured since then) but I couldn't find a single stinking one in Dallas that had a moon roof and ABS. Lots that had one or the other, but not both. The 2003 Accord had all the stuff I wanted, and actually cost me less than a lesser-equiped Altima.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Advanced

Keep in mind that I said ACURA is not good at giving customers what they want..

I agree with you that HONDA is good at giving what customers want because they provide good reliable cars at a resonable price.. thats what people want when they get a honda...
however ACURA as a luxury brand is horrible, did you forget about what happened around 1994-1998.. the only model generating sales was the outdated integra.. the early models of the TL, CL, and RL all were horribly designed cars.. did you forget about the Vigor? or SLX? lol....
Old 04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
^^^ You're on crack. The original TL and RL looked nice (and still do). I was never a fan of the CL, but others were fine. The SLX was ok...it looked like all SUV's at the time.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:24 PM
To punish and enslave

Keep in mind that I said ACURA is not good at giving customers what they want..

I agree with you that HONDA is good at giving what customers want because they provide good reliable cars at a resonable price.. thats what people want when they get a honda...
however ACURA as a luxury brand is horrible, did you forget about what happened around 1994-1998.. the only model generating sales was the outdated integra.. the early models of the TL, CL, and RL all were horribly designed cars.. did you forget about the Vigor? or SLX? lol....
wow, 4 years of membership and only 7 posts?

I think Acura did fine since the beginning.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chill_dog
^^^ You're on crack. The original TL and RL looked nice (and still do). I was never a fan of the CL, but others were fine. The SLX was ok...it looked like all SUV's at the time.
Looks are subjective.. but sales speak the truth.
By the way I don't appreciate your tone of voice. You don't have to resort to offensive comments like that ^^ to state your opinion.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TailsToo
Bah, for a couple hundred bucks, I can get an iPod and do a lot more with it than I can a built in Hard Drive for my car.
The point is getting a complete product and not slapping together 50 items to make my ride more comfortable. Why not buy a Go Kart and soup it up then ? Infinity took the time effort and ingenuity to make your life just a tad more comfortable and that's what counts.

I have an ipod in my car too, then I had to worry about connectivity and when I bought a radio transmitter for it, which sounded like shite, I had to return it and stick with my tape connector. I was also always forgetting to charge it and so on several long distance drives, I'd end up having to sift through old CDs. Eventually I got a car charger and now I have cables hanging around near the gear knob and it just makes the car look messy.

To top it all off, you also have an issue of security in your car especially if you leave your ipod lying around your seat. Any thief with half a brain and a hammer is gonna leave you devoid of a window and an ipod.

Having something integrated does away with the security threat AND the clutter of cables and both for me are added pluses towards the decision making of buying my next car.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kennedy
That 2007G is gonna be nice... but regardless of what the rags say about price, when you put one together fully loaded with all the "enthusiast goodies... It's gonna be over $40K.

The new G loaded up is lining up to compete with the IS350/RL market, not the TL

Gotta compare apples to apples.

There's not car on the market today that has the wizbang for $33K more than the TL.
I think the new g is designed to compete with the 3 series and IS350.. They said so very specifically in the introduction.. The M35/45 is designed to compete with the RL and GS... The TL competes with the ES
Old 04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Acuraz88, you are the only person I have ever heard on Acurazine imply that the 90s Acura Legend was a "horribly" designed car. The truth is simple - the mid-90s brought about the best BUILT cars from Honda. Prices were high, sales weren't great, but the cars were some of the best built cars of the time. The NSX is also a car to come out of this time period (1991). The NSX and the Legend are the two cars that, IMO (and I'm probably not alone), are the best cars Honda Motor has EVER produced.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Advanced

Acuraz88, you are the only person I have ever heard on Acurazine imply that the 90s Acura Legend was a "horribly" designed car. The truth is simple - the mid-90s brought about the best BUILT cars from Honda. Prices were high, sales weren't great, but the cars were some of the best built cars of the time. The NSX is also a car to come out of this time period (1991). The NSX and the Legend are the two cars that, IMO (and I'm probably not alone), are the best cars Honda Motor has EVER produced.
I never mentioned anything about the Legend.. don't assume that I implied anything about the Legend... I said between the period of 94-98.. The 2nd generation legend came out in 91...

And as for the NSX.. yes that was a great car which came out in 1990 (Japan) not 1991..... get your facts straight... not within the period of 94-98.... however that car is wayyyyy overdue for a redesign..
Old 04-22-2006, 05:11 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I never mentioned anything about the Legend.. don't assume that I implied anything about the Legend... I said between the period of 94-98.. The 2nd generation legend came out in 91...

And as for the NSX.. yes that was a great car which came out in 1990 (Japan) not 1991..... get your facts straight... not within the period of 94-98.... however that car is wayyyyy overdue for a redesign..
You made the statement about the 90s sucking for Acura. I was specifically talking about the ACURA version of the NSX, which was released as a 1991 model here in the states. Since you have repeatedly made it clear we are talking about Acura, not Honda, I am correct. Also, the NSX has been discontinued - but even at 15 years old it had more sophisticated purity, balance, and poise of sportscars built this year. While the Corvette, or perhaps the Mustang, may be the performance bargain today neither have the magic of the NSX. The magic I feel will be lost with the death of the original Senna-aided NSX, just as with the Legend becoming the RL. The NSX is the last of the best, from its hand-assembled, flawless build quality to its forgiving, daily driver nature and it's track-ready balance - it was not a car, it was an icon.

This thread has gone OT.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
03coupev6 is right.

Keep it on topic or we'll start deleting.....
Old 04-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Anyways, to each of their own.. I will be looking forward to see what they have in '07 for the TL.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Race Director

The 07 Will probably have keyless entry and push button ignition like the current Generation G has, and will probably get new tail lights, a new front bumper, new headlights, the new navigation, aux input, probably get 275 SAE HP, New Rims, and Fog Lights
Old 04-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Race Director

Heres some chops of 07 G35's I did on G35Driver.com With Some Rims and Different Colors, looks pretty nice if you ask me

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95758
Old 04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
100% positive and sure there will be a type S. As honda/acura is so tight lipped about future product leaks, they don't release the info to the public/media til 6 weeks before intro. PS, i do work for acura & no i can't leak the info, not even in a PM - so don't ask. 07 and 08 will be the same body (with MMC facelift) as 04-06 with several enhancements. yes AWD is coming but not until 09 with new model. you can see as MDX, RDX and RL use AWD already keeps production cost down cause of the volume. need AWD as engine size (hence torque) increases.

Can you tell us anything about the Hybrid engine for the TL?
Old 04-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Instructor

When will the 07`s be in the dealers?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:46 PM
B A N N E D

My dad has a 03 nsx and they are fricken awesome and i have an 06 acura TL and i love it, i dont find anything wrong with it. I think that it would be nice to have more HP in the 07 model but AWD but i dont see it happening.

I live in chicago so it snows alot during winter so AWD would be awesome. I think when you spend 33k for your acura TL that you are getting every penny u pay for. I think that they need more accessories out and I think acura is doing a very good job of what they are doing. I think the g35 is a overpriced hunk a junk, my friends parents have the mx50 or w.e its called and its AWESOME with the keyless ignition and stuff but you don't need that stuff... it helps but also i would rather get 4-5 more miles on a gallon of gas than to shave off .6 from 0-60.

another question is how fast does the 06 acura TL go 0-60.. its good enuff... and when the engine has less horsepower you keep yourself outta trouble alot more with speed and you gain more gas milage.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:53 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

What in the world makes gives you that idea? There's absolutely no evidence any of that is coming on 07 (except the new frontend).

Originally Posted by Raheel
The 07 Will probably have keyless entry and push button ignition like the current Generation G has, and will probably get new tail lights, a new front bumper, new headlights, the new navigation, aux input, probably get 275 SAE HP, New Rims, and Fog Lights
Old 04-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts
Is there any chance that Acura addresses rattles and noises with ’07 refresh? I know that ’07 will only have minor changes, but shouldn’t this be a good opportunity for Acura to revamp some of the components that are very well know for rattles (i.e. subwoofer, door panels, A-pillars, center console)
I still think that TL is a perfect car in term of performance, quality and price and I am really hoping that the changes will all be for good. Most of the MMC are really good with the exception to butt ugly Accord 4-door. MMC for Accord 2-door, TSX were really nice, lets hope TL will follow this trend
Old 04-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by holybear
My dad has a 03 nsx and they are fricken awesome and i have an 06 acura TL and i love it, i dont find anything wrong with it. I think that it would be nice to have more HP in the 07 model but AWD but i dont see it happening.

I live in chicago so it snows alot during winter so AWD would be awesome. I think when you spend 33k for your acura TL that you are getting every penny u pay for. I think that they need more accessories out and I think acura is doing a very good job of what they are doing. I think the g35 is a overpriced hunk a junk, my friends parents have the mx50 or w.e its called and its AWESOME with the keyless ignition and stuff but you don't need that stuff... it helps but also i would rather get 4-5 more miles on a gallon of gas than to shave off .6 from 0-60.

another question is how fast does the 06 acura TL go 0-60.. its good enuff... and when the engine has less horsepower you keep yourself outta trouble alot more with speed and you gain more gas milage.
No car is worth every penny.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by holybear
I live in chicago so it snows alot during winter so AWD would be awesome. I think when you spend 33k for your acura TL that you are getting every penny u pay for. I think that they need more accessories out and I think acura is doing a very good job of what they are doing. I think the g35 is a overpriced hunk a junk, .

TL is nice and everything but there is no need to call other cars junk... at least not a g35..... if g35 is junk then what about other toyota honda mazda ect. ??? not to mention ford... kia ???

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1