2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006 | 09:05 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by AltecBX
Is the beginning of the month. Always buy or lease on the last 2 days of the month.

The reason the price went up is that Honda's $1,000 factory to dealer incentive expired July 31. $30 times 36 months lease payment equals $1,080.
Old 08-03-2006 | 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

http://www.acura.com.cn/tl.htm

Sorry if this has been posted before. I went to China's Acura site and did some snooping around
Old 08-03-2006 | 10:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thunderbt3

Sorry if this has been posted before. I went to China's Acura site and did some snooping around
When are you guys going to stop speculating. The TL being exported to China is the same one we're getting here in November. Honda wants you to keep waiting for the official release to sell more cars. PERIOD
Old 08-03-2006 | 11:11 AM
Weather Watcher

I really think this thread should be closed until Aug 30th or something coz I keep checking it knowing very well there ain't gonna be anything new in here until Sept 1st at the very earliest. But I can't help but keep refreshing it ....... Aaarrrghhhh!
Old 08-03-2006 | 11:30 AM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

When are you guys going to stop speculating. The TL being exported to China is the same one we're getting here in November. Honda wants you to keep waiting for the official release to sell more cars. PERIOD
I want to believe you, but we've gotten statements from vtec that say there are horsepower upgrades and interior upgrades and those pics only show exterior changes. I wouldn't doubt that that thin silver trim line on the front will be on the 07 though, unless they completely change the shape.
Old 08-03-2006 | 11:39 AM
Advanced

I agree, there is little left to speculatre on the look of the car now that we've seen some photos. The fascia changes must be the two additional holes on the front, along with the slight turn signal change. That leaves tech changes that we can't see in a picture that may appear.
Old 08-03-2006 | 12:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rockylee
Ummmm, no ! The BMW 335i sedan will be best in class

Rocky
I agree. Great engine, 306 hp.
But I'll buy however a TL.
The design of this car is simply great. Bravo Ikeda.
Maybe Bangle when drew the new BMW 3 was drunk... it's the best car of the category, but in the every day life the super cornering and the sporty handling, for me, are at the third place.
The first is the "visual impact" of the car: how it looks.
The second is the comfort.
And 1 and 2 are TL prerogatives not BMW3.
Old 08-03-2006 | 02:02 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Obviously some people here don't venture into other parts of the forum. There are members here with 3G TL's that produce 300 (up to 321) hp at the wheel. They seem to manage just fine. A 300 hp Type-S would be 300 at the crank, so maybe 260 at the wheel. If the TL can drive fine with FWD and 320 hp, it can drive fine with FWD and 260. AWD is not necessary.
Old 08-03-2006 | 02:38 PM
Instructor

Still no information other than the engine eh? Unreal.
Old 08-03-2006 | 03:10 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by S L I C K
Also, if all I cared about was performance and racing people, I definitely wouldn't be looking at the 2007 Acura TL.

Okay. There are a lot of boy-racers on this forum pissing and moaning about how such-and-such a car can beat the TL or can't beat the TL, and it's getting tiresome to some of us. I guess I figured you were one of them.

And BTW, I solved the performance issue - I have an '06 TL and an '06 Lexus IS350.
Old 08-03-2006 | 03:19 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Yeah, like the new TL's turn signal mirrors that ours were supposed to have.

Made here? I'd love to smoke a "J" and hear some Chinese guy's complaining about HIS rattles to the dealer in Chinese. That could be hillarious.
Old 08-03-2006 | 03:35 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by DMZ
Made here? I'd love to smoke a "J" and hear some Chinese guy's complaining about HIS rattles to the dealer in Chinese. That could be hillarious.
Old 08-03-2006 | 03:41 PM
Advanced

Heh... I thought this thread was about the 07 TL andI come in here and I read all about the BMW 3, the Lexis IS, the Infinity G35....

I've been car shopping recently.... If you talk about looks... come on people... they're all pretty much alike and based on the BMW styling of a few years ago. in a word.... everything on the street is basically the same, boring, and no imagination at all..... Volvo and Jaguar are exceptions, as are some of the Dodge's (butt ugly those dodge's though).

Didn't bother with the BMW 3.... you're paying at least $10K to $15K more for less car in my opinion. Sure it's quick and handles well... but you'll get less features and less luxury for your dollar, not to mention far higher maintenance costs and depreciation.

Lexus IS.... well... didn't even look at it. Did look hard at the ES330... again, $15K+ more money and it handles like a boat.

Volvo S60 (not the R version as that's even more expensive for what you get). I liked it... a lot. $10K more for an equivelently equiped version, as much more for maintanence and depreciation as the BMW. Aside from that, it's not too far off from the TL in handling and ammeities. When I looked at the higher cost of ownerrship however, and coupled that with the turbo-lag to get the same performance as the TL, and no legroom at all in the back seat... it just didn't make sense in the end.

the Infinity G35... Yeah... ok... you're all talking about 07 models.... how can anyone compare the 06 G35 to the 06 TL?? Marginally better handling due to the weight and power distribution of the G35 over the TL... but at what cost? Lousy interior room and a cockpit that's poorly fit and mostly plastic feeling. Fit and finish just didn't stack up to the Lexus, Volvo, or Acura. Crappy Nav system implementation, no bluetooth. And they still want about $10K more than the going rate of a TL? Gimme a break. Yeah... the 07 will be better, but it'd better be about the quality and not just horsepower.

You want performance and racing people?? there are better options than ANY of the afore mentioned cars. Spend more or less, get more or less, and get a better performing and handling car.... but then you're not about balancing the cost of ownership with luxury, quality, and performance.

I'm buying a TL.
Old 08-03-2006 | 04:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Okay. There are a lot of boy-racers on this forum pissing and moaning about how such-and-such a car can beat the TL or can't beat the TL, and it's getting tiresome to some of us. I guess I figured you were one of them.

And BTW, I solved the performance issue - I have an '06 TL and an '06 Lexus IS350.

Which one do you like more, Mike? Or which are the -\+ of both the cars?
Old 08-03-2006 | 04:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=brassai]Heh... I thought this thread was about the 07 TL andI come in here and I read all about the BMW 3, the Lexis IS, the Infinity G35....

That was really long, Brassai... But I totally agree with you...
Old 08-03-2006 | 05:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Can someone link me to the pics of all these RL's and TL's 1st 2nd 3rd row? I've flipped through 10 pages or so and couldnt find anything. Thanks
Old 08-03-2006 | 05:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chinaman38
Can someone link me to the pics of all these RL's and TL's 1st 2nd 3rd row? I've flipped through 10 pages or so and couldnt find anything. Thanks
Anyone posting that link again will be shot on sight. Just scroll back a little in the last few pages, it's just about the only link posted.
Again and Again and Again.... and Again and Again....

Brassai, you summed up exactly what I found when looking at cars. Looking forward to buying an '07 TL soon. I am SO ready for a new car.
Old 08-03-2006 | 06:18 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by brassai
1.Didn't bother with the BMW 3.... you're paying at least $10K to $15K more for less car in my opinion. . .FAR higher maintenance costs and depreciation.

2. '06 G35 - Lousy interior room and a cockpit that's poorly fit and mostly plastic feeling. Fit and finish just didn't stack up to the Lexus, Volvo, or Acura. Crappy Nav system implementation, no bluetooth. And they still want about $10K more than the going rate of a TL? Gimme a break. Yeah... the 07 will be better, but it'd better be about the quality and not just horsepower.

3. You want performance and racing people?? there are better options than ANY of the afore mentioned cars. Spend more or less, get more or less, and get a better performing and handling car.... but then you're not about balancing the cost of ownership with luxury, quality, and performance.

4. I'm buying a TL.

1. Amen. Any of you serviced a Beemer lately? Yeah, I know what you're going to say. My rebuttal: They give you "free" maintenance for a reason. Ever read Consumer Reports? The '05 3 series (the latest year for which data is available) is really good but earlier years had serious problems. Overall, BMW is near the bottom of the heap when it comes to reliability after five years. Guess who is in last place in that category behind VW and Cadillac. . .none other than Mercedes Benz.

2. Amen. As I said before, when it comes to materials, quality, reliability, TCO, Nissan cannot compete.

3. It seems that most people on this board are enthusiasts who insist on having the latest and greatest of everything year in and year out. There's nothing wrong with that. However, it also seems that most of you lease your cars. If that's the case, you might as well "buy" the more expensive cars with all the bells and whistles since things like overall quality, long-term reliability and resale value (total cost of ownership) really don't apply to you. Those of us that prefer to own our cars may have different priorities and tend to stick with Honda/Acura in spite of alleged shortcomings in any given year compared to the competition.

4. Amen.
Old 08-03-2006 | 06:36 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

07 TL off-loaded in china.

looks like we're getting folding blinker mirror and same wheels?
I strongly beleive TL will be same here. Acura wouldn't go out and make another variant on top of variants(Cdn,mexican) already have.
Old 08-03-2006 | 06:40 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Chinese sites are also reporting 267HP. Not sure if that is their own standard or we get some sort of intake/exhaust boost of 10HP
Old 08-03-2006 | 06:53 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Translation says : 5AT remains(no 6AT), new VSA logic for sportier driving(???), Keys and fobs(no smart fob).

Only for Chinese TL : Thinner steering spokes to suit asian drivers (LOL).
Old 08-03-2006 | 10:16 PM
Wants an M3 in

Originally Posted by Actuary
07 TL off-loaded in china.

looks like we're getting folding blinker mirror and same wheels?
I strongly beleive TL will be same here. Acura wouldn't go out and make another variant on top of variants(Cdn,mexican) already have.
Asians need folding mirrors for the overcrowding or they might just be folded in. I think all TLs have the "breakaway" mirrors
Old 08-04-2006 | 12:29 AM
csk
Cruisin'

Looks like Jeff from tov disagrees that the cars on the dock are what the '07 looks like:

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...item_id=593069
Old 08-04-2006 | 01:10 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by csk
Looks like Jeff from tov disagrees that the cars on the dock are what the '07 looks like:

I wasn't coming back, or looking at these posts until I saw you say that! LOL. Jeff says,

"without getting into details I can tell you that the car shown in that photo doesn't reflect how a 2007 US-market TL model looks."

If he said that it's probably true and that would mean that the U.S. plants are making two different looks for the TL. One for China and one for here. It could be that there is something really really minor that is different like the vent holes.. It could also mean just about anything else... I wouldn't expect anything too major though, and it will probably be similar to the 06. But again, who knows, LOL.

Conclusion - we haven't seen the 2007 TL.
Old 08-04-2006 | 01:26 AM
6speed NBP

Originally Posted by Actuary
Only for Chinese TL : Thinner steering spokes to suit asian drivers (LOL).
I need one of those
Old 08-04-2006 | 05:56 AM
Advanced

This may be a very dumb question, so supposedly they have started making the 07 TLs, so when they are done making them at the plant, where do they keep the finished cars, don't they keep them outside, that someone can get somewhat of a spy photo.........JUST CURIOUS!!!
Old 08-04-2006 | 06:00 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Originally Posted by whatjones911
And i have a feeling Acura is going turbo for the next TL. Maybe a 3.0L V6 turbo?
i won't hold my breath. honda will probably have a DOHC out first.
Old 08-04-2006 | 08:42 AM
Wants an M3 in

Originally Posted by csk

Do you know what that means? It means that we wont get the lower bumper cover lights ...
Old 08-04-2006 | 09:47 AM
Banned

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32726

3rd post/poster in that thread......wonder why he hasn't seen this thread yet
Old 08-04-2006 | 10:00 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Wow, most of the Acura line is AWD now-
RL
RDX
07 MDX
07 TL - maybe, maybe not
08 TL - probably
08 TSX Coupe -maybe, it'll have the RDX turboed motor

Honda Ridgline
Old 08-04-2006 | 11:20 AM
AcurAdmirer

I'm thinking one of the things the '07 TL will have is the upgraded Nav like in the TSX. I got one of those as a loaner the other day while my '06 was being tinted, and it's a little better than ours.

The main thing is that it has TTS (text to speech), so the Nav Lady is able to tell you the name of the street to turn on. IOW, "Turn left on Main Street" instead of "Take next left turn". The better part of that, though, is that you can enter a complete address as a destination by voice command, whereas ours requires you to enter the street name via the on-screen keypad.

I will say I was a little surprised the graphics weren't better ... I assumed the screen resolution would be higher than the TL's, but it didn't look like it was to me. So streets are still jaggy lines instead of the crisp lines you see on Infiniti and Lexus screens.

But as I've said before, I just hope they don't go to the system they have in the RL, where you have to enter everything by voice or by way of the big ugly controller knob. I've had both kinds of systems, and touchscreen still rules for speed and convenience.
Old 08-04-2006 | 11:23 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
Asians need folding mirrors for the overcrowding or they might just be folded in. I think all TLs have the "breakaway" mirrors

That's for China only, they haven't had this car yet so thats how they are going to get it. It doesn't change how we will see the 07's
Old 08-04-2006 | 11:36 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
also look closely at that picture look at the head lights behind the first set of TL's maybe they don't look the same! but even so China would not have to have the same as we do even for 07.
Old 08-04-2006 | 12:07 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
also look closely at that picture look at the head lights behind the first set of TL's maybe they don't look the same! but even so China would not have to have the same as we do even for 07.

Those are RL's
Old 08-04-2006 | 12:23 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by Raheel
Those are RL's
hmmmmm I dunno...in china the RL is a honda.
Old 08-04-2006 | 01:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Acura98TL
This may be a very dumb question, so supposedly they have started making the 07 TLs, so when they are done making them at the plant, where do they keep the finished cars, don't they keep them outside, that someone can get somewhat of a spy photo.........JUST CURIOUS!!!
It's not a dumb question. My father used to work at Chrysler and got to see the new cars as they rolled off the assembly line. Actually he had to walk to the end of the line. They'd take the finished cars and park them in a big parking lot and anyone who knew where that parking lot was could go see them or take pictures. At some point they'd load them up and move them.

So I assume it's the same story for Acura's, only they have such secrecy you'd think they hide them deep in some jungle so no one can find that parking lot and take pictures! I'm with you, I figured someone would have a spy shot by now. People that have seen them probably don't even think of uploading pictures or know this site. So we wait...
Old 08-04-2006 | 01:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLFun
So I assume it's the same story for Acura's, only they have such secrecy you'd think they hide them deep in some jungle so no one can find that parking lot and take pictures! I'm with you, I figured someone would have a spy shot by now. People that have seen them probably don't even think of uploading pictures or know this site. So we wait...
I think we need to send in a recon team ninja style to snap some pixs

We can have a mega meet next door to create a diversion
Old 08-04-2006 | 01:58 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by TLFun
It's not a dumb question. My father used to work at Chrysler and got to see the new cars as they rolled off the assembly line. Actually he had to walk to the end of the line. They'd take the finished cars and park them in a big parking lot and anyone who knew where that parking lot was could go see them or take pictures. At some point they'd load them up and move them.

Oh their around trust me! just gotta look a little harder! BTW I spoke to my dealer the other day and he has info on the 07 Type S he had a color list but no chart and he said 300 to 310 HP and On Star being an opt thats all he had for me, I'm stopping there either today or monday to have them look at my right side Mirror Being Discolored so I will hound him when I stop there.
Old 08-04-2006 | 02:18 PM
.:KCCO:.

Originally Posted by thunderbt3

does anyone know when the TL will be sold in china?
Old 08-04-2006 | 02:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by King of Pain
I think we need to send in a recon team ninja style to snap some pixs

We can have a mega meet next door to create a diversion

LOL on the diversion.. At the diversion our fearless Nija leader has sent the recon team to this secret Acura assembly plant

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...14462&t=k&om=1

to fight their way in and snap pictures at once!

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1