**OFFICIAL RLX THREAD** Update p.14: Prod. car to debut in LA 11/28

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
The black interior with the dark wood looks really nice.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RL/NBP
I am surprised that they traded chrome exhaust tips for reflectors.
+1 shocked actually...maybe for the AWD trim?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,615 Likes on 2,194 Posts
God those wheels are ugly.

Interior is .

Put those Vossen wheels from the Photoshop in this thread and you have a winning style.

This car could sell with enough sex and marketing.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
For all the talk about trying to create a new brand image for Acura, looks like Honda didn't go past the lobby of their design center to come with this RLX.

Interior color options looks to be the same 'ol black, gray and parchment...ugh.

I keep seeing an Infinity when looking at the car profile....maybe it's just me.

While I'm definitely waiting for the 2014 or 2015 "bug free" cars, I'm not interested in getting just 24mpg and will look specifically at the 30mpg options. 30 is the new 17.

It has HD radio & Pandora!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
For me acura going down hill. 2006 was better car that i had. I dont see an improvement....
Come on, guys.
1.Same engine power (20hp increase over 2006)
2.FWD at least for now (again 2006 sh-awd)
3.6 speed trans? what happend to 7 speed dual clutch?

I just bought 2012 Acura Mdx, because i was affraid that they will going to do something wrong to 2014 model. Like Fwd, no real awd option.
Now for the styling, front looks ok, like an eagle, the back side of the car looks like same eagle wants to poop. Seriously, i don't get it.
Now what do i get for more money spend? Just bigger in size? aha radio? direct injection? no sh-awd? to me interior looks cheeper than previous generation.What else?
In 2004 then i saw RL i was intrigued, but now i am disappointed. In 8 years they managed to add 1 extra gear in trans, 20 horses, removed sh-awd to save fuel.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by dzionny_dzionassi
For me acura going down hill. 2006 was better car that i had. I dont see an improvement....
Come on, guys.
1.Same engine power (20hp increase over 2006)
2.FWD at least for now (again 2006 sh-awd)
3.6 speed trans? what happend to 7 speed dual clutch?

I just bought 2012 Acura Mdx, because i was affraid that they will going to do something wrong to 2014 model. Like Fwd, no real awd option.
Now for the styling, front looks ok, like an eagle, the back side of the car looks like same eagle wants to poop. Seriously, i don't get it.
Now what do i get for more money spend? Just bigger in size? aha radio? direct injection? no sh-awd? to me interior looks cheeper than previous generation.What else?
In 2004 then i saw RL i was intrigued, but now i am disappointed. In 8 years they managed to add 1 extra gear in trans, 20 horses, removed sh-awd to save fuel.

You could wait for the awd model.... Your focus is just on transmission and hp gain. The awd model will satisfy that for you. You can over look all the technology they have added since then. Aha radio is the least of the add ons. I have an 05 RL and I see PLENTY of improvements over this model. The car looks great and has added basically all the features and options that all it's competitors have plus features that they don't offer. Idk what you were expecting but maybe you should set your standards lower than where they are cause I don't think Acura has released anything recently that hasn't made sense to them. They aren't going to give you a 500 horse power car with 9 gears. Shoot Lexus just released their GS350 and they didn't do anything drastically different and people are still all over that car. So far on paper the RL sounds exciting and I am sure when it is released it will be a great car. Maybe you should read up on the press release to see all the things that have been added to the car that aren't in any current Acura model. The only way this car won't succeed is if Acura fails to market it like they did with the 05+ RL. I for one hope it is slightly over looked cause there is nothing better than driving a car that everyone else doesn't have. When I got my 05 RL it was a car that most people didn't even know was out but when they sat inside or saw it parked they would tell me how nice my car was or it looks like an upscale car and I'd just nod and say thanks. This car will definitely be the same. Something that people will over look but when they do their research realize it is one of the best out in the market.
The following users liked this post:
oo7spy (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
the 2 screens in the center have too much going on imo. Would have been better to stretch the screen similar to bmw and have navi on left and radio on right.

I'm glad there are less buttons in the center but the radio still looks out of place just like in the Accord. Almost looks "aftermarket" to me. Maybe because the resolution compared to the navi looks worse.

Gauges look great and finally the license plate lights look like they are led now.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I like it. If I need a sedan, I know what to get.
neuronbob (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,615 Likes on 2,194 Posts
Watch this space in 3 years if the SH-SH-AWD model is the shiz. I could be back as an Acura owner eventually. With at least decent aftermarket wheels on it, I think the look is good if not distinct. I will admit that there is a little more Accord to the side profile than I might like. Even so, Acura did not completely butcher the exterior design IMHO like they did the 2009 TL.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Every time a new luxury car is introduced it lets me know how happy I am with my 2006 RL which I will keep until i can not drive anymore. Just yesterday a lady asked me what year it was and she was surprised at the answer. She is looking for one herself.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimTL
Nice indeed. Throw some tint on that bad boy.

Millions of dollars in development and all you want is tint?
Maybe it has electro-chromic glass so you can adjust the translucence without having that "I am transporting my whores" look about it that tint provides.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Lightbulb Jalopnik

Acura just unveiled their new flagship sedan, the RLX, and there's 2 things you'll notice right away: it's kind of boring looking, but, damn, does it have a lot of headlights. Like 8 per side. Sure, they're small LED units and not the colossal sealed-beams of yore, but still, it's some pretty aggressive face-jewelry for what is otherwise a fairly elegant if restrained car. It sort of like if Helen Mirren smiled to reveal a massive, diamond-studded grille.

Aside from the looks, the RLX is packed with some very cutting-edge tech, and its clear that Honda is looking to reposition itself as a technological leader after a period of some indifference. For example, this car will be the 1st of theirs to feature direct-injection, which is becoming almost common among their competitors.

The RLX also has such advanced goodies as a hybrid version with 3 electric motors, 1 on the tranny (about 30 HP or so) and 1 for each rear wheel (about 27 HP per motor), making it an AWD car. Each of the rear wheel motors is independently controllable, which allows the hybrid RLX to use torque vectoring on the rear wheels to dramatically (the film promised me) improve handling and braking. The combo of the 3 motors and the 3.5 L V6 should come to about 370 HP and 30 combined MPG. Not bad!

There's a FWD, non hybrid version as well that just uses the V6 for about 310 HP, and gets 20 city/ 31 HWY/ 24 combined MPG. The FWD version also gets some rear-wheel wobble love as well, thanks to Acura's Precision All Wheel Steer system, which they name (and badge the car) as P-AWS.

P-AWS as a name sounds like some lost Disney movie from the early 80s about a cybernetic sheepdog that helps some kids save their grandma's house or some shit. I can almost picture the scene where the kids look deeply into the blinky LED eyes of an injured P-AWS and cry "P-AWS! Please don't die! We love you!" Spolier alert: P-AWS is okay!

Oh, right, back to the real P-AWS. Honda is leveraging their decades of playing with 4-wheel steering systems in Preludes and whatnot and now has what seems to be an effective system that controls toe-in and toe-out for each rear wheel. Also, under heavy braking, both rear wheels toe-in like a skier slowing down. Again, this seems like a very welcome bit of tech that could have real handling benefits.

The overall weight is down from the RL by about 275 lbs, thanks in part to aluminum fenders, hood, and door skins. So, if you're a locksmith with a magnetic door sign, I think we've just ruled out the RLX for you. Sorry.

The interior is quite nice on the RLX, as a flagship executive sedan should be, with very nice feeling materials all over the damn place. Even the inside door handles have a pleasing rubbery grip. There's 3 full-color LCD screens on the dash, 2 huge stacked ones and a small one in the cluster. It sort of looks silly, and makes me think less, bigger screens may not be a bad idea, like the Tesla Model S or something. 1 nice thing is that while the lower screen handles all sorts of climate and infotainment duties, most commonly-used controls are repeated in a nice, compact, physical cluster below.

Comfort is a big, big deal to Acura right now. They're using, for the 1st time in a car, real acoustic glass for the side windows, they have the biggest interior cabin room in the segment, and I heard a rumor that if you lick the headliner it tastes like butterscotch.

1 weird thing about the interior I can't really explain is this funny little trapdoor to view the frame number. It's even labeled "FRAME NUMBER." Is easy frame number access a big selling point in this segment? It looks pretty handy to stash just a little bit of drugs or a couple vials of illegal tiger urine as well.

There's also a very high-end sound system sourced by Krell, whom I should have heard of if I knew anything about high-end audio, which I don't. At least that's what Acura VP Jeff Conrad said, but I'm not so sure if I trust him because he kept pronouncing "concierge" with a strange "shhh" sound in the middle that was really grating.

All told, the RLX seems like a lot of impressive technology in a clean but anonymous package. However, if your car-buying criteria demands over a dozen headlights, lots of interior room, and rapid, no-fuss frame number access, boy are you in luck.

Last edited by TSX69; 11-29-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,043 Likes on 848 Posts
"Best in class frame number access"?

Did they make that class up just to be the best?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb Jewel Eyes

Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
"There's also a very high-end sound system sourced by Krell, whom I should have heard of if I knew anything about high-end audio, which I don't. At least that's what Acura VP Jeff Conrad said, but I'm not so sure if I trust him because he kept pronouncing "concierge" with a strange "shhh" sound in the middle that was really grating."

That's the same reason I can't buy a Leggsus Lugzury car, if they can't say it then they sure as hell can't build it.

Last edited by db22; 11-29-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
All that effort on the interior to make it look nice and they tack on a last minute crappy digital clock? WTF?

Whoever okayed that should get a swift kick to the head.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,043 Likes on 848 Posts
Aren't you paying attention?!? Dont look at the car, look at the headlights.

I mean really, did you see the headlights??!
ichi d (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
Just my two cents...
I have to agree with a comment that I read somewhere that the new RLX exterior (sideview) is looking a bit too much like the Infiniti M series for my liking. The sloped hood of the 2G has given way to the bulbous looking snout of the Infiniti. The entire rear half of the RLX is also too reminiscent of the Infiniti as well.

That said, my past experience has been that Acuras tend to look better in person and I'll likely be buying one in a couple of years. I'm guessing two years because I have to wait one year for the Super SH-AWD version and then wait another year for the dealers to realize that they can't sell the RLX for the ridiculous MSRP that Acura will be affixing to the top model and have to sell them for what they should have been listed for in the first place.

Even if the RLX is a phenomenal engineering masterpiece (just as my 2G RL was back in 2005), the brand has no "snob appeal" and just won't draw any significant numbers of non-Honda loyalists to open their wallets. So, we have to accept that the styling is conservative to appease the target audience or former Honda owners who are able to step up to a luxury car. There aren't a lot of bold statements being made in Honda styling because they are appealing to the masses and the RLX is simply a technology test bed that acts as a place for former Honda owners to park their money when they get older and financially capable of entering the luxury segment.

Again, just my two cents.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 PM
In Search Of Sunrise....

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
I really hope this thing looks better in person then what i see here... The interior is impressive and i'll give them props for that. The exterior styling is just WAY to conservative for my taste. For a company thats trying to rebrand itself as top-tier i was just expecting a lot more.... Hit a home run with the NSX, this seems to be a foul ball....
Old 11-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by HEAVY_RL
I mean really, did you see the headlights??![/COLOR]
I did but to me, they aren't new...First saw them in the 1980's:

Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Suzuka Master

In all seriousness, I am a HUGE Acura fan and have been loyal to the brand after my 2006 TSX. That being said, I am disapointed in the RLX. When I saw the concept car, I thought that once we see the real production car, it will look better, have better wheels and they will use the feedback from the discussions/comments to fix any deficiencies but it does not appear to be the case. I do understand that a flagship does not to be overly aggressive (or too polarizing) but at the same time, we still need a design that speaks classy, sexy while being desirable. To me, this design is too bland and before I get blasted, I am not one who thought the TL was too over the top, in fact, I drive one so I can handle a bold design. I agree with you folks that the wheels are
H-I-D-E-O-U-S! I know I can replace the wheels but if I spend 60K on a car, I better not have to spend money to make it look good....Would you take your first date to the plastic surgeous to get a boob job? No, you would just pick one that looks good from the get go! You get my point. I am lukewarm to the interior....I LOVE my 2012 TL interior even with the abundance of buttons, the RLX looks a bit too bland, especially the "rounded" ventilation section. I am not one to ask for RWD nor 400HP, to me, a decent engine with adequate gear ratio and an amazing AWD system will do the trick. What Acura needs to understand that cars are all about emotions, not just the emotions you get by riding it, but also by looking at it...Girlfriend analogy applies here too (in every word of the sentence) *lol* Build me a good looking car, one that I am proud to see in the parking lot that when I get out of the store, people are staring at my car and drool over it, not just one that blends in and that people can't tell I spend half a years salary on.

EDIT...HONDAMORE did bring a great point though, Acura vehicle do look horrible in pics and in person always wow me so maybe in person (and in white), this RLX will look great! Here is to hoping anyway.

My 2 cents

Last edited by weather; 11-29-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
I did but to me, they aren't new...First saw them in the 1980's:

It even looks like it has early version of the Acura beak.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
Originally Posted by Glashub
I was just going to post that we now know where the "power plenum" came from.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Glashub
*LMAO* Maybe that is where the insperation came from?

JKftw...BTW, the dual exhaust tips are gone on ALL Acura vehicles. This will be the case on the upcoming MDX and the TLX when it gets released next year. No more tips for our Acura's...At first I was upset but the more I see these 'clean rear ends, the more excited I get' (don't take this the wrong way *lol*)
JKftw (12-01-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 PM
should i spend more in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saw this video of the RLX in rolling shots and thought i'd share

Looks better in motion vs static shots imo
JKftw (12-01-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by db22
Millions of dollars in development and all you want is tint?
Maybe it has electro-chromic glass so you can adjust the translucence without having that "I am transporting my whores" look about it that tint provides.
You misquoted me.

I was refering to the specific photoshop version on the previous page when we Aziners take our mod bugs to the RLX.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
*LMAO* Maybe that is where the insperation came from?

JKftw...BTW, the dual exhaust tips are gone on ALL Acura vehicles. This will be the case on the upcoming MDX and the TLX when it gets released next year. No more tips for our Acura's...At first I was upset but the more I see these 'clean rear ends, the more excited I get' (don't take this the wrong way *lol*)
Tips are cool. Clean the soot and shine... now rub you hand under the rear bumper and "black hand." Better yet carbon monoxide poisoning for the mother-in-law riding in the back seat.

Maybe they make an aero kit that will extend the back bumper down and come with extenders for the tailpipes.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Here is a press release about the new KRELL sound system.

http://www.krellonline.com/Press/11-28-2012/

" Acura embraced Krell Industries' philosophy of musical detail, three-dimensional sound presentation and extreme volume capability."

Even more impressive are the system's six mid bass drivers that are made from Zylon - the world's strongest super fiber. This very rigid material is perfect for speaker manufacturing. Zylon responds very quickly to a musical input but more importantly than that; it stops moving when the musical signal stops
Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hondamore
I was just going to post that we now know where the "power plenum" came from.
The pimp rolling in that car was way ahead of the design curve. It could be he got off the streets and got a job as a designer at Honda America. The only real difference is that the Acura beak is smiling whereas the one on the Caddy looks stunned like "I can't believe I look so weird."
Old 11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
After giving thought to some of the changes I believe that the elimination of the chrome exhaust tips and the shrouding in the engine compartment are cost cutting measures.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
To those who are complaining about the Wheels...

The 2014 Acura RLX wheels looks almost (90%) identical to the 2012 RL wheels......

Acura you just got caught

2012 acura RL
http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/...-rl/169244.jpg

2014 Acura RLX
http://cdn4.leftlanenews.com/photos/...rlx-ri_653.jpg
Old 11-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 06RL/NBP
After giving thought to some of the changes I believe that the elimination of the chrome exhaust tips and the shrouding in the engine compartment are cost cutting measures.
Shrouding in the engine bay is to reduce valvetrain noise, especially the ticking sound.

As for the exhaust tips, Honda is funny about that. On the one hand, you have the new Accord which has twin chrome tips on the V6 (and 4 cylinder sport) and on the other, they hide the exhaust on cars like the CR-Z.

Keep in mind on the 1st gen RL, the exhaust was hidden as well. So there is precedent.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by twiz03
To those who are complaining about the Wheels...

The 2014 Acura RLX wheels looks almost (90%) identical to the 2012 RL wheels......

Acura you just got caught

2012 acura RL
http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/...-rl/169244.jpg

2014 Acura RLX
http://cdn4.leftlanenews.com/photos/...rlx-ri_653.jpg
Probably because they incorporate the sound-deadening feature and Acura had a bunch sitting around
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by hondamore
Just my two cents...
I have to agree with a comment that I read somewhere that the new RLX exterior (sideview) is looking a bit too much like the Infiniti M series for my liking. The sloped hood of the 2G has given way to the bulbous looking snout of the Infiniti. The entire rear half of the RLX is also too reminiscent of the Infiniti as well.

That said, my past experience has been that Acuras tend to look better in person and I'll likely be buying one in a couple of years. I'm guessing two years because I have to wait one year for the Super SH-AWD version and then wait another year for the dealers to realize that they can't sell the RLX for the ridiculous MSRP that Acura will be affixing to the top model and have to sell them for what they should have been listed for in the first place.

Even if the RLX is a phenomenal engineering masterpiece (just as my 2G RL was back in 2005), the brand has no "snob appeal" and just won't draw any significant numbers of non-Honda loyalists to open their wallets. So, we have to accept that the styling is conservative to appease the target audience or former Honda owners who are able to step up to a luxury car. There aren't a lot of bold statements being made in Honda styling because they are appealing to the masses and the RLX is simply a technology test bed that acts as a place for former Honda owners to park their money when they get older and financially capable of entering the luxury segment.

Again, just my two cents.
As a multi TL owner that jumped to an Infiniti M 2 years ago, I find the RLX and new Lexus GS boring and bland form the side. I much prefer the M styling from all angles, and while I want to get back with Acura and maybe an RLX but the styling is still so conservative and bland. Maybe the headlights and taillights are the only attractive pieces IMO.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb Cnet

Once upon a time, Acura pushed the cutting edge of cabin technology, pioneering such features such as navigation and active noise cancellation. But times changed and Acura didn't, letting other automakers steal the high-tech mantle. Now Acura fights back with the RLX, a new high-end sedan with some odd quirks.

By and large, premium and luxury automakers use rear-wheel-drive for their flagship sedans, an architecture maintained more out of tradition than real necessity. Acura has alway bucked this trend, and continues to do so with the RLX. This model will launch as a front-wheel-drive car sporting a 3.5-liter direct injection engine.

But current standards, that specification is nothing to write home about, as even economy car makers go to direct injection. However, later next year Acura promises a much higher tech drivetrain, this 1 incorporating a hybrid system and all-wheel-drive. The 3.5-liter V-6 will remain, and get added power from an electric drive system at the rear wheels. As with other hybrids, the battery pack will recapture energy that would have been lost from braking.

The hybrid version should not only add significant power, but Acura estimates it will get 6 mpg better for average fuel economy than the front-wheel-drive V-6 version.

Acura boasts a few intriguing technologies for the new sedan. For one, it will come with LED headlights standard, wide arrays that bookend the Acura shield grille. LED headlights use much less power than current bi-xenon lamps, and should last much longer, as well. In addition, LED headlights allow for a more tightly defined throw pattern.

The front-wheel-drive model will also get an innovative handling technology, four wheel steering. Acura calls this system Precision All-Wheel Steer. It is designed to work in concert with traction control and stability technologies to allow for fast, stable cornering. The all-wheel-drive hybrid version will not feature this technology, but should offer torque vectoring at the rear wheels.

The exterior of the RLX looks unremarkable, a long, smooth-sided sedan with little ornamentation. Its most distinguishing features are its grille and headlights. However, what could be seen as lack of flair becomes understatement when you sit in the cabin, which exudes a sense of luxury through its materials and design.

Most telling for the luxury experience is an optional 14 speaker Krell audio system, a step up from the standard 10 speaker ELS system. During an in-car demo on the show floor, the system delivered an incredibly dynamic audio experience. Playing tracks with traditional instruments on an Acura demo CD, the entire range of a single note from a bass guitar came through clearly, while the vocal reproduction made it sound like the singers were in the car. For those who appreciate music, this system will offer plenty of satisfaction.

Krell is not a generally familiar name, playing in the high-end audio world. The company spent 4 years during the development of the RLX, coming up with speaker technologies and placement, and refining the system's output. Beyond its sound quality, the system announces its presence with nice, metal grilles on the door speakers.

The dashboard of the RLX on display in Los Angeles had two LCDs in the center stack, which was reminiscent of the 2013 Accord model recently launched by Honda. In the Accord, the screen arrangement is an inelegant solution to building cars with and without a navigation option. For the RLX, Acura should have either made navigation standard, and consolidated infotainment on one screen. Alternatively, the company could have just made a single screen host only phone and audio information when the navigation option was not present. The 2 screen system is a little strange.

The RLX will also offer a host of driver assistance features, from blind spot monitoring to adaptive cruise control, helping it compete with other luxury flagships.

The front-wheel-drive RLX model should go on sale in the 1st half of 2013, with the hybrid model following in the 2nd half.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a 2007 RL owner, I am very disappointed with the new RLX. The look is very outdated. There is no real innovative technology behind the Acura's flagship. Now with the discontinue of the ZDX, Honda is really killing the Acura brand.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Burning Brakes

I've been trying and trying to convince myself to want one but I had a neighbor who had an Avalon I had to look at every day (I hated it)....the RLX is very Avalonesque.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 209 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7spy
Are you sure the RLX can't compete with an Equus?
In the area I specifically cited, "interior accommodations": Yes.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...hed-2014-Equus

Sorry I'm inept at posting photos, but check out that interior.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TonyCD
In the area I specifically cited, "interior accommodations": Yes.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...hed-2014-Equus

Sorry I'm inept at posting photos, but check out that interior.
I hate to admit it but I actually got more excited seeing the interior pics of the Equus. Thats a great layout.

But

Materials look a tad cheap compared to RLX though. But i've yet to see in person yet.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 421 Likes on 315 Posts
Is anyone going to the LA show to report back on how it looks in person?

Quick Reply: **OFFICIAL RLX THREAD** Update p.14: Prod. car to debut in LA 11/28