Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tracking number ftw!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I hate you.. Hopefully the 75a's ship soon..
Old 05-24-2011, 09:29 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Neejay
Tracking number ftw!

I got my tracking # too
Old 05-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received my Tracking # a few mins ago...I went with the 62a...My car wants to be alive again
Old 05-25-2011, 05:50 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
What's the cost to jump on a set of mounts after everyone gets their pre-ordered ones ?

I feel like my car is squatting when flooring the car but,not at the suspension.
I'm thinking I'm do for some mounts too.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,463 Likes on 4,981 Posts
<-- Waiting for the 75a shipment. Any ETA on that?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
No
Old 05-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 557 Likes on 447 Posts
It's $300 plus shipping for regular price.

Those of you who are about to get your mounts, you better give us reviews!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Karanx7
It's $300 plus shipping for regular price.

Those of you who are about to get your mounts, you better give us reviews!

Most definitely!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
think my mounts are gone i getting bad vibration in the car. ill be ordering 75a really soon
Old 05-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
<-- Waiting for the 75a shipment. Any ETA on that?
x2
Old 05-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Pro

I'll attempt to install over the weekend/tomorrow...the rear is gonna be a bitch.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Yeah buddy! Very exciting.

Those look just like mine. Glad to see you guys getting your hands on em.
Neejay please post up when your finished installing. But for now how do they look in person? Welds, powdercoat, etc?

Ohh yeah the rear is a bitch to get at. You can't change it from underneath, you basically gotta crawl up on top of the motor and reach down to unbolt them. But the front and side are cake so that should help, do the rear first... lol

While I'm in here a little update:
Man these 75a are stiff, i've found another rattle. This time it was my whole grille assembly. I've also noticed the first five minutes the car idles a little rough but smoothes out after the engine warms up. those who are picky and have bitchy gf's might want to opt for the 62a version. The traction is great though, totally worth it. I'm really happy with my XLR8 mounts, and I'm confident all the guys who are just getting there's will be just as happy!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SlickShiftNall6
Yeah buddy! Very exciting.

Those look just like mine. Glad to see you guys getting your hands on em.
Neejay please post up when your finished installing. But for now how do they look in person? Welds, powdercoat, etc?

Ohh yeah the rear is a bitch to get at. You can't change it from underneath, you basically gotta crawl up on top of the motor and reach down to unbolt them. But the front and side are cake so that should help, do the rear first... lol

While I'm in here a little update:
Man these 75a are stiff, i've found another rattle. This time it was my whole grille assembly. I've also noticed the first five minutes the car idles a little rough but smoothes out after the engine warms up. those who are picky and have bitchy gf's might want to opt for the 62a version. The traction is great though, totally worth it. I'm really happy with my XLR8 mounts, and I'm confident all the guys who are just getting there's will be just as happy!
I'll definitely post up, and do a "water cup" test for future 62a owners.

For now, the welds look great...few sports that have spatter/bead spray, nothing major though. The powder coating...eh. There are a few spots that have rubbed off, few chips, exposing bare metal. I suppose it's possible it happened in the shipping to XLR8 (like what he complained about happening before). As long as they don't rust, I guess all is good.

Quick question though, do you have to remove the engine brackets (front/back) at all, or just jack the engine enough to slide the mounts in/out?

Last edited by Neejay; 05-29-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:40 AM
Pro

Ugh...bad news.

The side mount, rear mounting hole doesn't line up. I can match the front and shock-tower holes, but the rear one does not match up:

Hopefully you all can see the slight off-ness shown here (I tried to line up the mounting plate as close as possible - some may argue the way I took the pic, but trust me, it's obvious in person):

So, because this is my only means of transportation, I'll be letting you other gents try the front and/or rear mounts while I sort this out with XLR8. It's frustrating as hell to have done that to find out it was a waste of time/effort (especially since we've just gotten the mounts in summer weather, which is 90F and up + humidity here) and I damn sure am not about to tackle the rear and potentially waste more time.

Last edited by Neejay; 05-30-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Neejay. I have found that happens with the oem mounts. If your front and rear are blown then replace those first then replace the side. The engine may sometimes lean slightly causing that unevenness for the side mount.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:32 AM

That's things you have to just deal with when you get into custom parts.
Custom parts are almost never perfect. I would assume you would know that.
Also I'm sure you could make it work Neejay , it's not a biggie.
Others been using them,No ?
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by phee
Neejay. I have found that happens with the oem mounts. If your front and rear are blown then replace those first then replace the side. The engine may sometimes lean slightly causing that unevenness for the side mount.
Well, there wasn't any load on the side mount yet. Literally just the mount, the motor bracket wasn't attached yet. Yeah, the front and rear seems more straight forward...I might as well try. I won't be able to do it until next weekend though. I'd assume the front/rear are more important anyway.
Originally Posted by richardparker
That's things you have to just deal with when you get into custom parts.
Custom parts are almost never perfect. I would assume you would know that.
Also I'm sure you could make it work Neejay , it's not a biggie.
Others been using them,No ?
No, there are a few prototypes, but I don't think the masses have them yet. And I can't make it work, it's not a matter of adjusting it more, trust me I tried. Maybe mine just wasn't welded correctly. I just don't really have the extra time to keep testing/trying.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Had the same exact problem with the first set of innovative mounts that came out, the side mount rear hole would not line up. They had to remake all the side mounts and ship them out
Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 PM

How much is it off? 1/4" or less ?

Couldn't you enlarge the hole to fit then fill with some weld on the over sized side and re drill to get a nice fit ?
Seams like that would be easyier than trying to send back and the long wait. You may have to pay someone like 20 bucks but,20 bucks is better than waiting.
After the first wait I would make them work even if he wanted them all back.
Hope it works out for ya and everyone else since I want some too.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:12 PM

With how long it took to make these, we shouldnt have to modify them to that degree to get them to fit.

Then again, getting them fixed properly may take just as long as it has to bring them to market.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
With how long it took to make these, we shouldnt have to modify them to that degree to get them to fit.

Then again, getting them fixed properly may take just as long as it has to bring them to market.
+1

I don't want to mess anything up...I mean, I guess it *could* be enlarged, but I really don't want to take a chance.

Hell, I didn't even get the discounted price that some of you got + time it took to get them

Last edited by Neejay; 05-30-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 AM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by distortedolskool
houston i believe we have a problem. should i not post this here?

3. Distortedolskool: i purchased the longer bolts and decided to double check the side alignment since silver brought up a possible issue. below is what i have found.
first i just traced the oem mount holes on the paper and then lined up the innovative mount and traced the upper bracket. i understand that my pen wasn't exactly level but it still reveals a possible issue.

next i installed the oem mount, aligning the 2 lower holes and snapped a pic of the upper bracket alignment. perfect fit.

then i installed the innovative mount, aligning the 2 lower holes and snapped a pic of the upper bracket alignment. both the test fit and the paper tracing reveal the same issue. i believe this upper bracket needs to be extended.

can anyone else confirm this possible issue??
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/innovative-motor-mount-discussion-%2A%2Anew-mount-info-page-13%2A%2A-492237/

straight from the old innovative thread. i wonder if they used the same test car or what.

Has Josh replied to you? i am not interested in paying another $50 like what innovative did to me to receive the updated side mount.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM

I would like to see the new ones line up on that paper too.

Not that this is the case but,
if they line up with the old innovatives , the months of ingenuity to follow another makers design/bolt pattern would be a Priceless Fail.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Ugh...bad news.

The side mount, rear mounting hole doesn't line up. I can match the front and shock-tower holes, but the rear one does not match up:

Hopefully you all can see the slight off-ness shown here (I tried to line up the mounting plate as close as possible - some may argue the way I took the pic, but trust me, it's obvious in person):

So, because this is my only means of transportation, I'll be letting you other gents try the front and/or rear mounts while I sort this out with XLR8. It's frustrating as hell to have done that to find out it was a waste of time/effort (especially since we've just gotten the mounts in summer weather, which is 90F and up + humidity here) and I damn sure am not about to tackle the rear and potentially waste more time.
It looks like it's fairly close. Do you have the engine supported by a jack. You might have to pry the mount a touch to start the thread on the bolt. Remember also to leave all the mounts loose before doing your final tightening. And do one mount at a time.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Pro

This was done without the bracket even being attached. It's literally just the mount itself that I was test fitting. The side of the bracket closest to the shock-tower doesn't have any more free room. In this pic, the other 2 holes are lined up perfectly, so there's no way to adjust/force it anymore. The only other thing I could see doing is enlarging the hole...would you like me to try this? I just didn't want to mess with it, without getting your go-ahead/approval first...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered Member

Ugh... wtf
Old 05-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

[QUOTE=Neejay;12982343]Ugh...bad news.

[QUOTE]

If the side mount looks like the one pictured on the left of the above picture...I guess I didn't receive one? I was just about to install them

Not sure what to do...I guess it may have not worked to begin with?

Last edited by 3.2VtecTL; 05-31-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Pro

You didn't get 3 mounts?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. It's a aftermarket part, which most of the time won't fit perfect. It's very simple to make it work. Enlarge all three holes slightly so you have some room to play with and I bet you it will work. Try that and let us know how it works.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

This was done without the bracket even being attached. It's literally just the mount itself that I was test fitting. The side of the bracket closest to the shock-tower doesn't have any more free room. In this pic, the other 2 holes are lined up perfectly, so there's no way to adjust/force it anymore. The only other thing I could see doing is enlarging the hole...would you like me to try this? I just didn't want to mess with it, without getting your go-ahead/approval first...
Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like you can thread a bolt in there. Are you familiar with installing engine mounts? All engine mounts, especially aftermarket, take some work to install. Any time a mount is removed the engine will move. You will need to support the engine while installing the mount.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by 1foxbody
You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. It's a aftermarket part, which most of the time won't fit perfect. It's very simple to make it work. Enlarge all three holes slightly so you have some room to play with and I bet you it will work. Try that and let us know how it works.
It may not effect the side mount as much since it isnt a load bearing mount, but if you tweak the mount to fit properly, you may change the geometry, causing excess wear on bushing.

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like you can thread a bolt in there. Are you familiar with installing engine mounts? All engine mounts, especially aftermarket, take some work to install. Any time a mount is removed the engine will move. You will need to support the engine while installing the mount.
Neejay already said the side motor mount wasnt connected to the engine. The side mount bolts to the frame rails, from there to a bracket which connects it to the engine. Since he didn't install the bracket at that time, it doesnt matter if the engine was upside down in the engine bay, that mount should still line up on the frame rail without a problem.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Maybe Neejay just happened to get a bad mount??? Seeing as there is someone who has been running these as the tester and the mounts fit in his car without a problem for the past couple months, if there were no issues installing his, maybe you jus got a bad egg so to speak..

Was there any fitment problems installing the testers set??
Old 05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 1foxbody
That's not the point. When you modify something, most places don't allow you to return and just say "it's yours now", of course you can mod anything but this isn't a $ 10 part. If the manufacturer tells me "try this" then I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by Excelerate
The motor is not bolted to the mount at all. There is no load on it at all. I've installed numerous mounts. Half of the hole is covered when the bracket is flat.

Again, I can just enlarge the hole (vs. Getting a replacement) if you want.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered Member

Has anyone else installed the mounts, with or without problems? (Not including the tester)
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Karanx7
Has anyone else installed the mounts, with or without problems? (Not including the tester)
I don't think so.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
Maybe Neejay just happened to get a bad mount??? Seeing as there is someone who has been running these as the tester and the mounts fit in his car without a problem for the past couple months, if there were no issues installing his, maybe you jus got a bad egg so to speak..

Was there any fitment problems installing the testers set??
My side mount did not have any fitment problems as far as I could tell upon initial install. Not to mention I removed it about a month ago for new belts and was able to re-install it with full load on the engine with no problems...
Somethings not right? Hope we all get this figured out
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Pro

Well, in any case, I won't be able to try anything until the weekend. And if not, it'll be 2 weeks (wedding/honeymoon).

hopefully others will get theirs by then too.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

I just did a quick sketch of the factory mount and our XLR8 side mount and the holes are larger on our mount and pretty much on center. We installed this same side mount in a local car and all the side mounts were made from the same jig.

If you feel it's off slightly bore out the hole but put a larger washer to spread the force of the bolt when tightened down.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Any word on the 75a"s?? my axles jus got delivered so im just waiting on these

Quick Reply: The motor mount thread